Boy, aren't reboots such an interesting, original and necessary way of breathing life into old franchises?

Boy, aren't reboots such an interesting, original and necessary way of breathing life into old franchises?

Couldn't agree more.

Alone in the Dark was an unfinished mess. Such a shame, it had some really cool mechanics like the creative ways of killing enemies with fire, cool inventory system, and eye blinking. It could be a really worthy sequel (it's actually not a reboot because you play as the same young Carnby from The New Nightmare).

Both of those games are shit

The only good reboot/remake was Punch-Out Wii

AITD: The New Nightmare was great. REmake is better than the original. Wolfenstein series is an FPS reboot of Castle Wolfenstein series from the early 80's.

Alone in The Dark was a good game

It just proved that games that games actually try new things can be shunned by retards that just just want to play the same shit over and over

but user
those aren't reboots
they didn't just call them prince of persia or ninja gaiden and call it a day, they added a title, unlike ghostbusters

I can't wait for Prey, Quake, Doom and Halo

What will Holla Forums do when Prey or Quake turns out to be great.

take it up with dc and marvel comics, user

NuQuake is a hero based shooter, ripping off Overwatch so it will be shit.
NuPrey has the potential to be okay since at this stage it looks like System Shock ripoff but given its Bethesda it will suck too

Never admit it because there's no way anything modern could possibly be good

quake may end up being good if it isnt a game where youre held back by your team

Beth is only the publisher. But I do agree that some publishers like Atari and THQ could somehow release better games.

Just like EA is only the publisher?

OK

Wait, those are fucking real? They're actually rebooting Quake and Prey?

Quake: champions, a crapcunts
And "prey".

I see your point.

It's not even Prey, it looks like System Shock 2.

Last I saw, Preyboot looked like a Star Wars bounty hunter game.

Which I reckon could be great if done right.

That's the cancelled reboot from 2013 or so. This one is entirely different.

too hard for you baby?

Bethesda was only a publisher on Prey 2 with Human head studios

Alone in the Dark 2008 wasn't a reboot, though, it was a sequel. The game should have been called Alone in the Dark 5, but they didn't call it that. But it wasn't a reboot AT ALL.