Earth Defense force

NO EDF THREAD, SHAMFUR DISPRAY

Hows everyone doing so far?

Those lighting changed in the underground mission improve the mood a ton.

Other urls found in this thread:

facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1485444&p=50746058&viewfull=1#post50746058
mega.nz/#!oxZkVJrK!UnghkMURcERCBXaOS2zxcumNh3l6hv5ilmT-PXGi7QA
drive.google.com/file/d/0BzMFU1jQ797wRzItUFZsLTlBSzQ/edit
weapon.edf.jpn.com/
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/
dbxvmods.freeforums.net/thread/3/cpk-unpack-repack
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/?p=r
youtube.com/watch?v=WNGlivE2Ls0w
youtube.com/watch?v=4aeam-Uzcck
youtube.com/watch?v=6EDk5LZ5jIk
youtube.com/watch?v=MrLnvgUh5DM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do we have a VDF room up?

Some fag on facepunch made an AMD patch. I don't know if it works since I don't have the issue, but it supposedly does.
facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1485444&p=50746058&viewfull=1#post50746058

wasnt expecting it to be so fun, been playing with the ranger a lot

is third pic really from the game? holy fuck

Who wants to carry my worthless ass across some inferno missions, could use the guns.

Every class is fun. Wait until you get one of the grenade launchers that fire ten rounds at once and bounce around erratically for ten seconds before detonating. It's terrifying and hilarious

yes
and it gets far far more ridiculous

I got this game a while back on PS4 to play with my brother. Is it worth continuing on solo?

i didnt buy, sorry

Ill out one up.
Name is VDF

There was one game where I called in 5 (game only allows 4, the the first self destructs) mechs.

Didn't actually have more than 2 players who could pilot them though.

Is the wing diver really strong or just better at being alone ?

Also post your name if you join so I know is you're meme approved

Will you ever go to space, or all missions are restricted to generic city block tileset?

Now the only question is when will we get a 40k mod?

I'll join when I can, somethings completely off with my computers sound

No space, but there are ones in the countryside, mountains, and waterfront. It's not all the same city from different angles fortunately.

Can pirated copies play coop?

That's a relief.

There is some ass-backwards method yes, it was posted in previous thread. Should be in op really.

Where are my fencer niggers at?

Since it looks like the first room is full, I'll throw up another VDF room
What mission do you fags want?

I have used this and it works

modders confirmed more competent than devs

I like playing as the flying lady the best just in terms of movement and getting around. But I've found that the guns suck ass so far because they don't seem to agree with me.
I like the Ranger's guns much better, but what's his gimmick? He doesn't have a sprint or anything special besides his roll, he seems just bog fucking standard to me, everyone else is so much more interesting.
Will I be able to actually fly around and fire guns at the same time later as the Wing Diver? The better ones eat up my energy like fuck and the ones that don't are dogshit.

He's just an all arounder and if he has friendly troops under his command any time he gets health pick ups it effects them too

Ranger also gets the most weapons

He's a jack of all trades, he can pilot vehicles, and when he picks up health, troops under his command heal too.
I love the wing diver, both in terms of zooming around the entire map, precision killing key targets and managing energy between weapons and flight.

I'm only up to 62 so something before that would be nice.

How? It's not the same way pirated Dark Souls 3 copies work, is it?

Ranger can pilot anything the Air Raider calls in, has a great variety of weapons, has a 'stronger' dodge roll compared to an Air Raider (can roll through damn near anything), and can hear AI units under his command when picking up health boxes. A Jack of all Trades, master of none, really, but that never stopped the Ranger from being one of my favorites to use.

*heal, damn phone

Well yeah, my favorite thing to do was flying into the hatches of dropships and blowing them up from within.

Make one.

How the fuck do you disable the in-game voice transmission?

When you set up a game you can restrict it

It was pretty lengthy guide involving downloading some shit and draggin exes into each other.
I didn't save it because I bought the game, check the old thread

Why would you? That's how game tells you its story - no cut-scenes, no walking segments, no bullshit, just audio files over intense gameplay. The way it should be.

I couldnt get into 2025 thanks to its awful load times and framerate, but I loved this a lot on PC.

I just wonder how the games on Vita compare, 2017 Portable I kinda want to get first, but EDF2 seems a lot cheaper.

Fencer > Ranger > Air Raider >>>>>>>>> Wing Diver

I'm talking about the voip you donut.

Thanks.

Tee wye, babes.

Where's the rooms

Room name is VDF 2

what the fuck did you just say about me you little bitch ill have you know i graduated from the top of my class in wing divers and have over 300 000 confirmed kills
Or are you mad that wing divers get to the loot crates first?

Oh, disregard me then.

Air Radier>Fencer>>>>>the rest

What do previous games have latest one doesn't? EDF gave me an impression of musou game, where every next game is just beefed up previous one.

But they don't, Fencer is the fasted class in the game.

Is this game legit good or is jut a meme game?

Depends on the terrain.

I got 100+ hours in it back on the ps3.

It's a fun little game like Dragon's Dogma or God Hand. It has its quirks, cons, pors and a small but super vocal fanbase.
Try it and you may like it, but don't expect anything mindblowing.

Depends on the terrain.

Here is bigger version for other anons so they can read what it says in your picture.

yeah we doom 3 now

Having a blast. Actually bought the thing after pirating it.

Can you do split screen co-op online?

Yep, it's legit spooky now. Especially when you fire the first shot and the muzzle flash illuminates the whole room crawling with bugs.

tfw no game

mfw game

Aw man that was fun, I have to go to be anyway so its probably good it d/c. See you fags tomorrow.

Good shit boys, shame about the d/c

We'll have to play some more tomorrow.

I'm glad the higher difficulties don't fuck around.

Controller or mouse? I use a game pad

Using mouse with mechs is a pain.
But I fucking hate controllers.
This game is suffering.

Fencer and wing diver are comfier with a gamepad, ranger I guess you can just as well play with M+KB. Not sure about vehicles.

not as bad as the helicopters

I will be hosting this weekend. Going through normal for now. Any takers?

Room name?

Holla Forums Holla Forums?
VDF

Whichever anyone wants.

anything lower than hard is babby tier tbh

Not if you want some weapons to get to hard.

Here comes "I farmed normal for hours to get enough armor and weps to start playing hard from the beginning but pretend that I'm gud" crowd.
How about you back that shit up with some videos boi?

might have been a lucky drop or something but on the first or second level into hard I got the 900 cap 30 damage minigun for the fencer. Mostly shitposting anyway

or she just thought he was hot bro

Hosting right now for some fun. Look for Infinite VDF. Playing normal for some weapons and completion. I am starting at mission 30. So be prepared.

I will be in tomorrow to play with you guys

for what purpose? even a kid could beat it alone

Depends how much you like shooting hordes of giant ants and/or higher difficulties that do not fuck around and also some pretty cool weapons
also mfw someone put out a dll that lets me play the game on AMD hardware until the dev patches that.

I was just hosting VDF infinite and my Internet just cut out due to maintenance. If any of you were there. That shit was crazy. Mission 31 is by far the craziest.

It gets crazier later on

I thought you pulled the plug because I kept tagging you with grenades.

Too busy playing it

Nope. My provider notified me and then maintenance. So it randomly cuts out. I will be hosting again tomorrow when I get back from work so at about 8pm central I will host another VDF INFINITE room and continue where we left off. Saturday I'll host all day and try to beat it out at normal then work on hard from there.

Anyone having issues with coop? when i try to start a room the game crashes.

I kinda figured it would. 31 was just fucking wave after wave. There was like 20 hectors and 200 ants. Then the flying drones came out. I was in complete mind fuck for how much was going on.

That actually might be a challenge for a day, there's roughly 100 missions

Supposedly changing your steam name fixes it, just add a period or something at the end of your steam name. Worked for me anyways.

that did it!

Cheers m8!

the best combo weapons to use are shock weapons and grenade launcher with the wing diver.

Why would anyone be mad at that? Loot is shared so you are just doing everyone a favor.

The game scales the challenge based on the number of players and co-op is fun so there is no reason to not co-op on any difficulty level.

DEATH FROM ABOVE!

Is any of the DLC worth getting?

Looks like it's full of overpowered weapons and skins, neither of which I'm interested in.

The weapons are not overpowered and you will find better weapons after a while.
The only DLC worth getting are the extra stages and they have not been released yet.

Okay, thanks.

Wait till you get Idun and Grom.

So when is the Imperial Guard Mod coming?

What said. I got some, and I've already replaced them, with drops. That being said, they were a decent leg-up to get me started.

Fuck the vehicle controls though.

Starting on hard with the wing diver is pretty easy, because the rapier will just stunlock anything in front of you.

COME ON YOU APES
DO YOU WANT TO LIVE FOREVER?

the water tank was pretty fun, but it's only useful for like two levels or so until you drop a better tank

any way i can play co - op with the pirate game, i always like playing with you niggers

Oh yeah, I'm not bothering with any of the starter stuff now, but they were fun enough for… wat… about the 3 or 4 I spent?

Gonna copypaste something someone posted on another thread and that worked for me, using SmartSteamEmu
-
1) Download this shit
mega.nz/#!oxZkVJrK!UnghkMURcERCBXaOS2zxcumNh3l6hv5ilmT-PXGi7QA
2)Extract it all on your EDF4.1 folder, replace steam_api64.dll
3)Open SmartSteamEmu, and drag EDF41.exe onto it, make sure that "Status of steam_api.dll" makres steam_api64.dll as verified.
4)Type "410320" into Game App Id, then press save.
5) Go to File > Settings, set SteamID to "PersonaName" and Name to whatever you want to be displayed as to other people. Hit save and you're done setting up. Right click on EDF's icon if you want to make a shortcut without needing to open SSE.
6) Start the game and go into the online mode and after a minute lobbies should appear. You can also use Shift+Tab to use invites and what not. Some lobbies work and some others don't, not sure what the deal is, but you're not actually paying for the game so don't complain. It works perfectly in-game.
-
2 important things:
Of course, if you have been playing it as admin, it wont detect the save files after turning admin off, and i dont know how to transfer them without getting corrupt save errors.

Anyway, thats what i have been using and it works, but the lobbies you see are different from the Steam ones. I dont know if its because of my region (south america) or if you only see other pirate lobbies but i cant see the Holla Forums rooms

You can only see other people using SSE, you can't play with people using Steam servers, though people who have the game legit can play with SSE users if they open the game with it, although the saves will be different between the legit version and SSE.

And a thing I forgot to mention on that guide, if you accept invites it'll send you to the title screen, but if you go to Online Mission Mode it'll send you straight to the lobby you were invited to.

Also, if you go to Settings and then Networking and change the port to whatever, you'll only see people who also have that port, if you want to make only finding certain people easier.

Thanks again!

Holy fuck Hard is not the bad even with beginning weapons I died 3 times in the first mission until I figured out the controls.
Then when I passed I had weapons good enough to breeze through the next couple missions before I went online.

This is childish elitism, hard isn't that hard, you don't need to grind on normal to get good weapons.

goddamn the game is almost too easy on PC, at least on Hard difficulty. mouse and keyboard makes for better controls for the game like this.

the stunts I can pull off with Air Raider like quickly surrounding ground hole with sentries where it could emerge soon

the horde at the end of the first mission might be way too much on Hard for players starting with 0lvl/DLC weapons. it took me by surprise too since some levels are redesigned from 2025

jesus legion of monsters mission 93 is fucking insane

Does the framerate dip for you too when you destroy one of the Sky scrapers?
Not sure if it is because AMD graphics card or is just like that on the game.
Feels like the game is not using the hardware properly, this should run smoother.
Hope the patch comes soon.

works fine for me.

perfect 60fps constantly

lol

does going through each mission on normal once count as grin?

I should become a hunter or a fisherman , thanks to AMD I have trained my patience to super human levels.

I was playing a game with someone who had the Genocide gun on their ranger, it was lvl 100 and fucked every up on hit hit inferno, how can I get that?

I have i5 without dedicated GPU card and it works 60 fps for me when there are not many buildings on screen

I enjoy playing Fencer, I am only in mission 10 or so, been grinding weapons for the classes but I have not tried Wing Driver yet. And holy shit helicopter controls are ass, not using that anymore. My favored setup depending on mission for Fencer is 2 heavy artillery pieces because there is never enough boom, then melee weapons x 2 or minigun with PILEDRIVERS FUCK YEAH! I did not expect to enjoy this game this much. This is one of those "goofy heck fun no need to be serious"

But when I got to my underground mission I was screaming like a pussy, THEY ARE ON THE WALLS! GOD HELP US ALL! EDF? RIGHT GUYS?! OMG EVERYONES DEAD!"

oh fuck, i hate/love underground missions, being alone is really spooky

All the vehicles control like shit the lower the level they are, high level vehicles control way better.

I need a new mech soon. I like being onii chan to fencers.

Finally up for some multiplayer, are there any rooms currently? I wouldn't mind starting again from normal, haven't played wing diver at all.

Most of the underground missions let you bait them into a narrow tunnel, so you can build a kind of defensive wall out of their corpses so long as you don't stop shooting.
Which is good, because there's a whole series of tunnel missions coming up where you start off completely alone

Jesus fuck, the camera sucks when you are walking on walls or the roof. Moving the mouse up makes your mech aim upwards, respective to whatever the mech is standing on, but your camera doesnt do the same.

Wait till you get the battle axe for the fencer or the fistomatic.

yeah but at least is the air raider not anymore completely useless in underground missions thanks to that spider tank.

Fuck off.

Its a bit slow though. My team got ahead of me when I used it yesterday. Im sure higher difficulties would fix that though

anyone tried to see if it runs on wine?

WHY IS THIS GAME SO AMAZING

holy shit, how many fucking missions does this game have?

98 missions

with more to come eventually.

is there dlc? im considering buying it

DLC right now is just some relatively pointless low level weapons/vehicles with dumb skins (like gold plating or anime girls). There's also two big mission packs, but those haven't been released yet.

Eh. I want to beat out normal all the way through since I have a buddy that hasn't play EDF in a long time. I know hard isn't that bad.

I don't like this game it feels cheap and the way enemies drop is retarded. The character movement is kinda cool though, 2017 was better if even less polished.

VDF Infinite is up! I am gonna play a couple of missions before work. When I get back after 8pm central. I will have it up again. If the room is full make a new VDF room and start with VDF Alpha. Continue from there with bravo all the way to zulu if needed.

Good luck and have fun!

and then I lost the mission

I think it's legitimately been over a decade since I've been this addicted to a videogame. I don't even regret dropping the 35$ on this, I'm fucking hooked. Game has been out for two days and I'm already at just under 30 hours played, jesus fuck.

Rabi Ribi did that to me this year too. It revived my love for videogames I dig up my ps2 and bought DS and PSP again

and then this

I got 2 axes, another is fuck powerful short range and another one is low dmg high range. But I saw a webm of some ORA ORA ORA jackhammers, I want those.

plz no

I like to run Fencer with a Melee+Cannon combo and dash-cancel around pretending I'm playing Armored Core.

the grimdark doesn't even begin here

hectors walking

HECTORS SPRINTING

WHAT THE MOTHERFUCKING FUCK OF ALL TIME THIS WAS MY MOST HYPED GAME TO BE RELEASED ON PC AND LO AND BEHOLD: THE GAME IS OUT. WHEN THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN AND WHY DIDNT I HEARD ABOUT IT? HOLY FUUUUUUCK IM GETTING MY CARD.

yesterday

The Hector/Char Custom variant is probably my least favorite enemy in the game. Way too fast, fucking sanic-tier.

Game was announced out of fucking nowhere like 4 days before release. Only reason anybody saw it coming was the steamdb leak last year.

Does anyone else's game crash when going to multiplayer and joining a game?

I select a room then join it but my screen immediately goes black and then the game crashes.

I'm thinking about just refunding it since I looked it up and no one else has the problem.

My buddy has that problem exactly, he also has an AMD processor do you?

See

Some other user talked about game crashing when trying multiplayer too, apparently changing your steam name works.
I hope it does, user

OUR SOLDIERS ARE PREPARED FOR ANY ALIEN THREATS

No my specs are

Intel Quad-Core i5-6300HQ - 3.2 ghz

8GB DDR3

Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M

windows 10

Which I think all of those components are popular?

It is a laptop though as well but still

Ok thanks I'll try that

Well, I tried to keep a game open and going. Someone joined and it kept disconnecting all of us. Oh well. I had a blast. Will return tonight and start some more VDF Infinite!

Holy shit this is fucking radical.

THE NAVY LAUNCHES SHIPS, THE AIR FORCE SENDS THEIR JETS

AND NOTHING CAN WITHSTAND OUR FIXED BAYONETS

THE EDF DEPLOYES

Alright two missions in and it's already fucking awesome, where the fuck are you nignogs at I want to save the earth with you lot.

Fucking this.
I've seen screens but only now do I understand.

EDF!
E
D
F
!

Create a room you homo

FINE JEEZ.

ROOM NAME: VDF! VDF! VDF!

Is it up?

Holy shit this fucking game.

I've already asked in this thread but I didn't get an answer. Can you play online and splitscreen at the same time?

I'm setting up a room.
Name is Anal Bag

If you put a room up, say your region, those in the US can't connect to someone in Europe unless they change their steam download server.

I don't see an option for it so probably not.

US Region

That sucks. Wasn't it in the Xbox version?

My download server is US and my buddy's is EU. We're murrican and britbong respectively, and have zero issues playing. Does the region lock not apply to invites, or…?

Wouldn't know. When you choose (offline) Mission you get to choose 1-player or 2-player splitscreen, no such option shows up when you choose Online Mission.

Help. This game plus this weather is making my computer have a nuclear meltdown

Just shut up and start killing bugs

If it did, that wouldn't make any sense.

I didnt say im going to stop playing.

I strapped pic related to the side of my computer and put it on max.

EDF! EDF! EDF!

Anyone up for a game in a bit?

Humanity always finds a way

>A fucking nuke thing with 50000 damage! it's for co op only.

Anyway, fuck these flying ass holes, these guys aint no fun with fencer, any good anti air weapons for Ranger?

Made a room. VDF

doing Hard mission 36 Thunder

Also
EDF! EDF!

oh it crashed

guess its ga good time for a break anyway

protip: cheese through mission 2 on hardest (or even inferno) for decent weapons. ants are too busy with civilians and NPC soldiers and it's fairly short mission too

Being a Redditor is below the system requirements.

Also report to nearest Culter Dei to get your legs broken.

This, I just cheesed by killing the ants that were attracted to the tanks.

shit kills dropships in half a second

Does it matter which mission I play on inferno if I want to grind for weapons and shit?

1 or 2 if you are trying to skate by but good luck

Took me 6 tries to get 1 done in inferno, got me those sweet sweet Jackhammer M3, which was 46lvl or something. I need to collect armor, I was stupid enough not to for many missions.

Jesus Christ why would you do this?

I FORGOT THE BULLLEEEEETS

drive.google.com/file/d/0BzMFU1jQ797wRzItUFZsLTlBSzQ/edit
Chart from EDF 2025, which this game is a remake of with the same missions, so you can only assume that means the drop rates are the same.

weapon.edf.jpn.com/ ?

i cant speak nip

you can select the language baka

and weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/ is the correct site for 4.1 guns

Lang -> engrish!

I'm still hosting and there's only two people. Room name is Anal Bag

I'm a fucking baka

This game has really nice mechwarrior-type mechs, no fast useless weapon-in-hands cheesy mechs.

I fucking love wingdiving.

Idunn best.

Goddamnit I love playing fencer. It's like playing with a goddamn Dreadnought in WH40k setting.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL

HE AINT MY BOY BUT THE BROTHER IS HEAVY

Where do I get one of these and how awesome are they?

It gets better

Inferno mission 1
Its level 35

This green one is level 10 and you can get it on first level hard mode

Oh yeah.

So, I can't actually read the text in the game, it cuts off about half through the letter.

Screen shot was… weird, but you can see what I'm talking about to the right. Game runs fantastic, just, that text is a killer when trying to decide on my loadout.

Reading the options to try and fix this myself is giving me a migraine, this a common issue for AMD's or do I need to reinstall?

Yeah I saw those before I got into the game, but hey I want to drive all kinds of mechs.

Will we have an online room up tonight and tomorrow?

Also would be cool, have 2 fencer positions on that giant robo. Using some missiles/artillery while riding on its back. EDF! EDF!

Is there a reason to play co-op by yourself? Are armor and weapon crates getting shared or is it just for the completion checkmarks?

armor is shared, so having two of the same class essentially doubles it, weapon is whoever picked it up(used to be shared in 2025)/ I think only p1 gets the credit on completion.

All pick ups are shared except health.

Holy fuck you guys, you weren't kidding when you got hyped over this game. Just been playing all afternoon in splitscreen. I've been playing Wing Diver because I had already played some missions alone on a different save file. He chose the Ranger.
It's been endless fun, he became a convert after the second mission, having a blast with the grenade launchers and missiles.
We've been working out the strengths and weaknesses of our classes, he's discovered that kitting for maximum explosive sometimes goes off in his face literally, and that his guided launchers are no use against certain things like dropships. I've discovered that it's important to kit out for energy management, so I usually always have a shittier weapon I can fire while flying around and during emergency reload, and a more powerful weapon that uses energy for big blasts. Been a winning combo so far. We literally played for hours straight before he fucked off home. Once we discovered that NPC squadmates echo your "EDF!" shouts, the ride never ended.
We haven't even gotten to the crazy stuff yet.

EVEN IN DEATH, I STILL SERVE

Any of the DLC any good?

Nah, this is for the mobile fortress.

Gets outclassed quickly, but it's kind of funny to have a meido tank. Wait for the mission packs.

Even better, the AI will sing with you.

Holy fuck, really? I didn't try that because Wing Diver has no voice for the singing ones

So kawaii

They fist bump and etc. too. I think you need to recruit them first though. Basically just walk close to anything with an arrow over their head and they form up under your command.

the modok head being the head of a mech was genius

I did have an entire squadron dancing with me on the beach during that one mission where the hectors first appear while they were all getting exploded by the artillery.
Felt pretty rad.

Why are your drives so damn warm?

Can Air raider suck more ass? He is literally just for support slow damage at start because muh tank. When it will get better?

When you unlock more of his 200 weapons.

It gets better once you get more air raids and a non-shit tank. He's a god in open areas with lots of enemies, and there's nothing like chaining 6 or more air raids together to turn the place into hell.

Beats me. They usually stay at 20 to 30°C but edf makes my entire system shit its pants.Im in a small as shit room too so the heat builds up. I have my windows open but it doesnt help because the outside air is at least as warm as inside my room or worse. I fucking hate summer.

When you unlock shit and get better vehicles and support weapons

Nah you just suck ass.

In multiplayer what is the least used class? I didn't get to play yet because crashing

Ranger.

remove any non letters in your steam name then try again.

Some of the DLC is funny, some are useful, just don't expect too much.

that dude is an idiot and doesnt know how to properly ventilate his pc

any new lewds because of the PC release?

What's your best Wing Diver loadout, guys?
As I said before I've found that it's important to have a shittier gun that can be fired without flight energy so I can zip around and not be fucked if I run out, and a more powerful one that uses the energy. For now I've been using the Idunn and the Plasma Launcher. If you got any better tips feel free to tell me.

Is there anything better that the
MOTHER FUCKING LASER CHAINSAW!

Does anyone have a reliable loadout idea? Laser-based weapons only result in continuous spinning and plasma weapons are too slow.

But the spinning means they wont be able to hit shit, just focus fire them down with a laser sniper

Fuck me anons I can already tell I am really going to like this game and this class

I did it on hard by hiding between buildings with an energy lance.

Reminder to not spoil the later missions for those who havent played yet.

I'll try that. Thanks.

I'm currently using the Thunder Bow 15 and 2-Way lance, the lance fucking annihilates Hectors

The Rapier and Thunder Bow both were solid, just keep spinning the little shits until they die.

The specific version sucks though. >>10134346 are far more useable. Red one levels entire cities.

Hosting a VDF room, for some reason I can't select later levels so I'm just gonna grind through while waiting for people to come in.

arent you suppose to protect the cities?

Is it possible to pause end mission so i can pick up all that trash?

The aliens can't destroy them if they aren't there.

I assume you mean pick up all the weapons and armor? The idea is to to keep one enemy alive so the mission doesn't end, collect everything you want, then kill it and end the mission

It's Earth Defense Force, not City Defense Force.

I'm not seeing it user, the room name is VDF right?

it's probably full

As you said that I just got a new toy to play with.

You should probably give people a name to look for if that's what you want.

LIVING HERE IN JERSEY, FIGHTING VILLAINS FROM AFAR.

Sacrifices must be made

I'll start a room. It'll be called Anal Bag.

Not seeing, I'll just go to bed.

It shouldn't be full. Did you refresh?

About 50 times and wrote "Anal Bag" in every possible way.

Room called VDF going up

Probably can't see you because I'm European or something if I assume you're both American.

SO is the new EDF good?
Pirate or buy?

I pirated it because I'm human scum, but I will be buying it at the earliest possible opportunity and I recommend others to do the same.

MFW

so they actually made a good one again?
Last was such a letdown

if it's cheap buy if not pirate.

Pirate it and buy if you think the price is right.

Reminder that the DLC's are variants of low tier weapons / vehicles, and you can't transfer the skins / abilities to higher tier weapons, so they are outclassed fairly quickly.

I pirated it and decided to buy it after. It's really fun.

IA wasnt even made by the same devs

Alright you fools. Time to team up and defend earth! I am back from work and ready to kill all bugs!

Room: VDF Infinite

If you do buy it, be sure to do so soon while the sale is still going.

This game is pretty fun, it's been a while since I installed a game at it's release and I had this much fun with it.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Someone make mod so i dont need to pick up those shit crates. I dont want to play crate pick up simulator.

I still have room for two more players.

Lewd!

Anybody?
Room for three now

i would join but i am pirate

If your still here in the next hour and a half then yea maybe

Just had a look for your room but could not find it user.

I don't see it either.

I would but I'm not home until tomorrow

Both

Try it, if you like it, buy it.

Fencer is so much fucking fun and devastation and with javelin cancel it's a freaking piledriver ninja. Heavy Mortars which remind me the bestest Incubation weapon minethrower rule the land and Leviathan simply destroys shit every 6 seconds that, with default Air Rider guide kit. Air Rider missed the Leviathan missile? Shit dies anyway. It's also fun to see the town leveled to ground with Heavy Mortar - bugs don't cause nearly as much damage.
Overall huge recoil on certain weapons, sluggish aiming and movement minus gotta go fast ninja part and devastating dual heavy weapons make Fencer feel really awesome heavy weapon platform.

Ok faggots I bought it having a blast playing through hard
Tried inferno and got one shotted after I killed my first ant, guess I'll save that for another day

No bugs allowed in here buddy.
This is EDF territory.

Still taking players in Analbag. Something happened and everybody got disconnected from the room. I'd enjoy it if I can get some people to banter with.

REMOVE BUGS

moths are honorary humans
they even like to snuggle

Remove

EDF

EDF!! EDF!!

tried that out with the VDF group tonight, eliminating groups of Hectors was absurdly fun

hmm, this tool appears to extract games files… dunno what to do… (except half the size, double the number monsters)
dbxvmods.freeforums.net/thread/3/cpk-unpack-repack

Bathroom break for VDF Infinite. We will be back in 15 minutes.

Who the hell was Brendan Frasier? I heard some yelling but it was so garbled and quiet I couldn't hear it over the explosions of the game.

Bathroom break for VDF Infinite. We will be back in 15 minutes.

Who the hell was Brendan Frasier? I heard some yelling but it was so garbled and quiet I couldn't hear it over the explosions of the game.

Fuck you flood detected

Ok back. Bathroom break done. VDF Infinite up and running! Let's go!

I don't know what to do, it hurts so much

go grind for weapons, play a new class
or you can switch to easy and be forever mocked

I'm so autistic I can't stand seeing the empty box for easy difficulty. After playing through on hard I'm going to run every mission on easy. I'll have to do it with all 4 classes, too, knowing me

can someone make a room starting at mission 1 im ok with any difficulty

there were 2 rooms at mission 1 but voice and text chat at both were disabled

probably because voice chat is severely fucked

This game is one orgasm after another

Hows it going boys?

Where is the save file located? I wanna move my pirated save to the bought version

My Games in the Documents. Has to be the same account.

Does the game run on a laptop toaster (has a weak nvidia gpu, which is a 710m)?

People have reported that it works well on integrated graphics. It couldn't hurt to give it a try before buying.

Try both. Are you using the AMD fix? If yes then don't expect a patch. Try running on windowed and different reses

Starting a VDF Infinite room right now. I don't know what happened a few hours ago but no one came back after the bathroom break

It's an issue with desktop DPI, because for some retarded reason the game respects it when it shouldn't. So if your DPI is at 125%, the text is 25% bigger without extra room to compensate. Yes, it's retarded, and no I don't know how to fix it other than asking the devs to fix it.

This is it. This is why I loved games so much back in the day. It's not condescending me with a "Deep" plot that falls apart under anything beyond skin deep scrutiny, not telling me I'm a terrible person for being a badass, not insisting on a linear path so plot can happen, and not fucking around when it comes to the utility it gives you to lay waste to your enemies. It's just pure testosterone and enjoyment. I missed this so much. It feels like coming home.

J-type grenades are now my waifu

I did what you said.

Sicker than the average xeno killer

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Truley this is video games.

god fucking dammit I didn't wanna grind this hard since closed beta of warframe

Excellent work eliminating the xeno scourge. I hope to see you faggots tomorrow. I will try to die less as fencer.

Are you trialf? (I think that's how you spell it) I was the host of VDF Infinite.

yep

oh shit

Dude. You were kicking ass. The other 2 we had, jow and hellfire were doing awesome shit. Especially hellfire and his tanks. I wanted to mess around with the weapons for a bit but the grenades are so dumb.

So far I have loved the forked rocket launcher and cascade.

Try the motorcycles they're awesome!

No seriously they're not never ever deploy a motorcycle.

THIS FUCKING GAME

Is coop weapon and single player weapon drop separate?

Weapons you get in one can be used in the other.

Which leads me to the question: what are the best high level inferno missions to farm for each class?

For Wingdiver, you can do singleplayer 75 for deathqueen once you get the thundersniper 40 pretty easily and that can unlick up to lv 92 weapons. I think for soldier 77 machine squad is viable once you get enough armor and a good gun which could be farmed off of deathqueen with splitscreen.

What's the max level for weapons? My max ones are an AF100 and a Lys Z for Ranger.

Thanks anons.

weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/?p=r

Complete weapon list, along with mission drops.

Thanks.

I honestly wouldn't mind a cheat to collect boxes at the end of the match, fuck rolling around as an Air Raider or running into knee-high walls and debris while dashing as a Fencer around.

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't change how weapon boxes worked on splitscreen coop, missed how that worked in 2025.

They changed it in split screen co-op? It seems to work the same as before in online co-op.

Is there a way to force splitscreen coop on a PC without a controller? Just to get weapons for 2 classes at the same time but be able to move around fast to collect crap.

Yeah back then when you pick up a weapon box it used to count for both characters making it easy to just have a wingdiver pick up weapons and the other classes getting it. Unless that wasn't a thing then I'm retarded.

No idea, sorry, I use a controller.

Reminder that some EDF units hope to see good aliens someday…

But not today, so
SHOOT INVADERS UP AND DON'T DIE

Been having lot's of fun so far.

Any chance for this getting mods?

D3 basically gave a "maybe" as a response.

woke up

made a room

VDF

hard mission 36

please come im lonely

Its actually used as a block to prevent you from getting knocked down and getting up faster

Got a room up
VDF! VDF!

So is it the higher difficulty you play the better weapons drop? I've been playing hard from the start but had to switch to normal for some levels and the weapon drops were significantly worse and less of them

Yes.
They even tell you when you choose difficulty.

That's exactly right. If you fumble your way through hardest/inferno for a level you'll get weapons that'll last you a pretty long time through the earlier difficulties.

Yeah, if you run into a wall you might want to go back to earlier missions and replay them on a harder difficulty.

yeah if there wasnt a weapon level limit I guess that would be a thing

I'm here to shoot bugs and make bad choices

The lady's voice tells you too

After losing all thursday playing the FitGirl repack of EDF 4.1, I broke down and bought it off steam. I'll let you yar-hars still on the fence know if your save carry over.

I hope this turns out to be Sandlot's breakout hit, like what Dark Souls was to Fromsoft.

got another spot

room vdf playing mission 41 on hard

They've been doing this series for years. I think the PC sales might just be a nice bonus for them.

you can play yarr harr multi with steam emulator, though i'm planning on buying it too.

So many people play normal, some easy, some hard but almost no one on hardest or inferno where the loot and fun is…
Dying is Fun!

Copy-pasting your save doesn't work, you gotta change the internal ID and then you gotta rehash and resign it. If you know how to do that with steam saves, then go ahead and do it, but I didn't have a whole lot of progress to lose so I don't mind starting over.

Yea but thats like dating your crush, but you gotta keep it secret.

Rangers heal everyone when they grab health items. Or at least I think they do, they heal all the NPCs at least.

I can imagine couple Canadians approaching medkit drop and be like "after you, no you" and all that mayhem all around.

How to date giant monster?

You put piledriver deep in her backside and gently shout EDF! EDF! her ear.

Just replayed the first mission on inferno (only on mission 15)
Got to the last wave and suddenly shat myself as a wave of ants washed over us. already seeing flashbacks as I play the game on hard again

Hey cool, they both work

Second mission on inferno is a lot easier than 1st on inferno. That last wave is just bollocks. I was able to finish it in 5th try with good aim and luck.

still got a spot open

mission 47 hard vdf

We need to make an collection soundtrack for EDF. With some music like this

youtube.com/watch?v=WNGlivE2Ls0w

youtube.com/watch?v=4aeam-Uzcck

youtube.com/watch?v=6EDk5LZ5jIk

youtube.com/watch?v=MrLnvgUh5DM

How well optimized is this game? It's certainly not impressive visually but can it run on a toaster? Even better performance than the PS4 version would be appreciated, if settings/resolution can be lowered.

Oh man this could be so good base game for Muv Luv mod. Its awesome as it is. But I have want some 991 up my ass.

It says 7870 minimum, but I run it alright on a 7770 if I turn off anisotrpic filtering and turn down the res.

Needs more Spanish guitars

So is this mainly a coop game or is it just as great singleplayer? Also, has anybody figured out pirated multiplayer yet?

SURE
THING

dont push a canadian too far man

single player is def not as fun as playing with 3 other dudes just blowing shit up

Im assuming level means the level it drops, not the weapon level.

Pretty sure that's weapon level

Click "View Spawn Mission Info" to get the levels where they drop

Is it just me or is armor grinding a pain if you don't stick to just one class.

I was just thinking the same thing.

also, new bread