last thread hit the bump limit so new thread
going to start by stating the server and mod pack

SERVER: UP!
Name: Holla Forumsidia Modded server
Password: niggernigger, as always
Hostname: factorio.xunie.ovh, inb4 namefagging

COMPLETE MOD LIST
Either download everything here: volafile.io/r/6ZN6wF
Or see the image in the next post and install everything yourself.

servers running Bob's mod=
which includes a large about of new tech and components increasing the
fun
and challange, a good amout of planning will be needed for Holla Forums to make a fun and functional factory so please take screenshot and post what you'ed like to do in this thread so that others may plan accordingly server will be up consciously with small down times to change over to different computers so no one computer is taxed for to long, lots of fun to be had,
purging of xeno scum is mandatory

also we're going to have atomic power so that's going to be pretty cool

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_DNS
volafile.io/get/AmCAPn4Iw64pWg/Factorio_x64_0.13.10.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

FUCK XENOS

Someone made this glorious image in the other thread.

what

i have no clue what to say

for real , i don't understand

Why would you burn away all your oil when you could be turning it into circuits and rocket parts?
Coal you can afford to waste. It's not like it's used in anything important aside from plastics.

Needs one more column for nuclear power patricians.
I'd make it myself but I'm not at my PC.

sorry lad computer blue screened out of theā€¦ blue

will have the server back up in a gif

Or better yet, get the Bergius Process mod and turn all that useless coal into more oil.

because it's infinite, unlike coal which you also need for plastic

literally every game i played that was released in alpha came with a mod that made it way more fun while i waited it to be completed

looking pretty good so far, lads

Seems like the bottom right would have trouble getting proper power near the end of the generator chain without additional small pumps.

never played on a factorio server. Never beaten it either, but ive gotten past blue science pack production in game without too much trouble figuring it out. How much do the mods add? ive never modded factorio either.

We're playing with bob's mod pack which has well over triple the resources, specialized factory types, and several more tiers of belt/whatever speeds as well as a bunch of other energy options.
The game itself is pretty much the same though which is nice. More of an expansion on what is there than an overhaul but I'd recommend at least wetting your feet into mass producing something that uses processing chips before getting into it.

FUCKING ALIENFAGGOTS GET OFF MY PLANET

>he also thinks blueprints are useless

Remember to check your Exo Skelly Teen

Why not just use a single feeder line of coal on one side of a belt and copper on the other until you can upgrade to electric furnaces

Light oil basically only has a use in solid fuel and flamethrower turret ammo, you could convert it instead to petroleum, but solid fuel is a good investment for power, currently running 140 steam engines on it

Rather, there is usually never any wasted oil so long as you aren't trying to empty the storage tanks by deconstructing and reconstructing them, the oil stress comes from trying to feed 2 or even 3 refineries with crude oil, not the products of the oil themselves.

Is there a quick way to downgrade shit or do I have to manually look at each mods history?

I make my furnace arrays like this, when time comes to upgrade to electric all you have to do is remove the extra horizontal belt pieces and put the unloading inserter in its place

doesn't that only work for one side tho?

you could also have the raw materials line on the outside if you put fuel on one side and ore on the other of the belt and have only one offloading belt in the middle
this is probably the better option

you merge the 2 belts at the end of the furnace column
you could use either inserters putting plates into chests and then behind those have inserters putting plates onto your main buss belts or just merge the belts directly onto the main belt

Top kek.

both merge setups
they're not perfect but they do the job reasonably well

hoy merge

Can I play on your server without steam? I pirated it.

The game doesn't require Steam, in fact it was only somewhat recently added.

I bought it
I wasn't a backer though

you should be able to join if you have the same version as the server and the same version of all the mods as the server, which you can find if you search for it in this thread

did the server just break?

embarrassing

When is the server going back up?!!!!

now sorry i needed to do stuff on the BoP forums

we just when Nuclear

went and it was great

On today's episode of remover rider, remover rider discovers the joy of destroyer capsules.

We have all the components of blue and green tier modules in production and in the logistics network. If someone wants to make those you can just use requesters for everything. I was going to finish doing that but my game crashed and I want to sleep.

Is that shit still going on?

I disconnected out of fear that I was causing it. Fuck mods.

was takin a giga shit

should be fine now

Fuck you didn;t have an later save?

is it up?

fuck no damn it sorry its like 90 Degrees in the house becuase the ac died

no excuse op

someone else take over the server please in high demand mode and the internet's running slow because my isp is fucking retarded

Ill host.
where do i launch the server?

Nevermind, i have to ggo

Got a copy of the save?

Holy fucking shit.

Also if anyone wants I can maybe do a vanilla server.

Sounds good.

How's this for conditions?

Op here internet died so sorry for that got 4g on the tablet though so that's good for my internet addiction

I'd wait for someone else;s suggestion but I'd normalize ore frequency, put terrain segmentation on low, and make enemy bases high/big/good.

But that's just my vote.

Ideally, I'd like a multiplayer where having multiple players is actually needed to survive, not just to get shit done faster. That means: less resources and way more spread out + much more and harder aliens. Also maybe some mod to stretch the game time out so the game isn't won between the time I leave for and get home from work.

And a minor one: less water in the starting area. You only need a little for pumps and shit, it's mostly just an obstruction to building anything big there.

Depends on how many players, but I'd recommend setting ore amounts to good, crude oil to max because fuck this crude oil """"balance""""

Oh so that's why there are starting areas.

Agreed on sparseness, also makes rail more useful.

Agreed, one of the best things about factorio is using rail systems to make mining outposts

Not that the faggots in this thread ever do

isn't there a mod for resource dispersion that makes resources sparse in the starting area and more abundant as you go out further

You can't actually change the starting area water but you can just fill it in after not very long.

Alright I've got these settings and generated possibly the most easymode starting area I've ever seen kek.
Good enough?

Local iron, copper and coal? Oil further out? Looks okay to me.

I was under the impression that was in the main game. But I'm not surprised that it's not.

If this IP doesn't work give me a bit to buy the game and try again. My ISP has been fucking about with my router and now I can't port forward.

182.54.162.15:34197

Are you running it on 13.9?

Can't connect.

Hope not, 13.10 just installed for me.

And crashed after 5 mins of playing.

Yes I am.
Fug.

I wouldn't see why it would be. I think the game tends to cater to those who like to stay in one area and turtle versus exploration and expedition. If only because rail laying up until recently has been a HUGE bitch.

Awesome. Not trying to blog but apparently crafting anything causes the game to crash for me now, playing a new game generated after update doesn't help either. Factorio 0.13.10, Linux mint 17.3.

Can non-piratefags chose their versions? If not then I've got 13.9 uploading to mega though there's probably a torrent somewhere.

Also I forgot to add the password is topkek

Frantically trying to roll back at this point. I'd stick with 13.9 if only for the piratefags

Re-downloaded 13.9 from the site, copied my saves over and I'm back in business. Hurry up with that server

Server should be up.
ip 182.54.162.15:34197 password topkek
if not then sorry lads, even port forwarding doesn't work.

I do just copy-paste 182.54.162.15:34197 into the box, right?

not this user, but testing if I can host from my place. server name: Holla Forumsserber pw: gaskikes if anyone wants to try to connect. If it works, cool, but it's coming down eventually because I'll get a headless install up on my server here

It works

If you post the IP you might be able to get piratefags joining too.

problem with that is my ISP might change it periodically, I forget how that works. Anyway, I'm just experimenting with latency and stability atm before starting a proper game on a headless box

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dynamic_DNS

did basically everything in the vanilla game, what good mods are out there?

The moment we take that coal deposit, it's going to be a never ending shitstorm since it's so far from spawn and also in a desert

Just about to start playing for the first time and like the sound of these posts. Should I still set it on low frequency, or is it more of an advanced thing?

Homeworld might be worth checking out.

It adds an alternate endgoal to the game, namely sending resources through a portal to sustain and grow your species' population.

see if this works, anyone: 68.81.130.51:34197 I was able to connect via this PC thru that external IP.

Got this when I tried to connect, but I am a piratefag so I don't have an account.

Maybe I just need to make an account on the site, I dunno.

And I'm going to bed. Will check on it in the morning, see if it hasn't shit out or something.

weird. I don't know what to say, since I was under the impression that the IP and port was enough for pirates, and I can connect to using both the IP I gave above and the LAN IP of the server here. I haven't been able to find much info on headless servers yet.

did you set the game to require authentication ?
should be a basic little tick box when you first start up the server. if its off it "shouldn't" have you connect to a server.

Factorio updated to 0.13.10.

Your servers still on 0.13.09. pls updaet

Mods?

How did you automate basic circuit boards without treefarm?

newest unstable release
volafile.io/get/AmCAPn4Iw64pWg/Factorio_x64_0.13.10.zip

Still the best part of the game if you ask me.

So lads, I haven't played since the beginning of 12. era.
Are there mods or something to fix the stale mid/endgame?

Goddamnit, why do I keep building my factories in these odd as fuck places in an effort to curb in-transit resource waste. I need to get rid of that forest eventually, but its part of a hueg forest that cleans 90% of my pollution so I can't just burn it, but until I research a tank I'm left just wasting coal on grenades (not that I don't have piles of excess coal) while wondering if that wood would be better used elsewhere.

Worst part is I'm right next to a desert that has tons of space, but to utilize it I would have to tear everything down again, reroute my train network, and deal with the big worm biter base right on the edge of it, while the biters are evolving the whole time because I got carried away with my flamethrower a couple nights ago

Oops

bobs mod has a green house

got a map to test out bob's mod and shit, the map doesn't fucking have any god damn quartz holy shit. making a god damn ocean path to get around massive bug nests to see if there are any remote patches of the shit.

please save me from this suffering

Poison capsules kill worms. I think it's 4 poison capsules to kill a big worm.

this is how it looks by the way. none of those spots is quartz. we're kinda stuck without it.

How much has the game changed since January? I've tried the game before at a friend's house and enjoyed it, but ever since it launched on Steam I haven't seen it under $20 at all even during the summer sale. How much has been added to the game in the past 6 months, and is it worth the full price?

There's a convenient vola link like 8 posts up to the absolute newest experimental build of the game.
download it and find out yourself user.
but from the 12.x series of updates and even before that, its pretty much been a few graphical overhauls for some of the items, especially the rocket silo, no more "rocket silo" text in a grey box anymore as well as the rocket needing an absurdly large amount of resources to create now.

otherwise, its really not gotten anything "new" which is why there's a pretty good mod pack that adds a good chunk of new content to learn and fuck with including new mobs and ores. so there's plenty to check out. also you can apparently join with pirate versions to bought versions. so go download the game and check it out.

The game is being reworked in various ways, both graphically, and performance wise. Nothing ground breaking has been added, but now there's Flamethrower turrets, which require a direct line of oil but are potentially stronger than laser turrets.

Laser turrets themselves have been reworked to have longer range, shoot slower, and require much more energy per shot.
There's also auto-trash slots, the opposite of logistics slots

Rail laying has been reworked so that you can plan a path easily and just trace it, 1000x better than the original way of doing it, though FARL might still be better.

see and try it out for yourself
also look for the changelog on the factorio forums

oh and if you decide to buy it do it directly from the factorio website, I think you get a steam key anyway aswell as get the stand alone version

This so much.

If you redeem your steam key? You can still download the .zip file that way.
I redeemed it just so I can post a positive review on steam, though. Muh shilling.

If you get a "paysafecard" (never heard of it before I bought one for Factorio), you can dump the remaining balance on the card on your steam account too.

Thanks, fam.

You can fill in the water reasonably cheaply if you need to get rid of it. Just need stone and to research the tech.

Man I love cluster grenades