Ragnarok Online Thread: Yam Merchant Edition

A sprite based MMORPG. First launched in 2002 in Korea and 2003 in the US. The Grandfather to Tree of Savior.

ratemyserver.net/

A handy tool to help explain quests/items/monsters/maps. A must have.

hero-server.net/

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

The private server we'll be playing on.

Key features of HeRO server are as follows:

Pre-Renewal

Low rate: 5x Base Exp / 5x Job Exp

Levels cap at 99/50 and 99/70

More can be found in Info & Features tab.

Guild name is InfinityCircuit

Type /bgm to turn on the glorious background music.

If you've never played Ragnarok, this is a great place to start. If you're an old adventurer this is a great way to relive those old times with a decent server that isn't bot infested.

Guide for finding out what loot is used in quests
irowiki.org/wiki/Quest_Items

Item of the Day for extra EXP
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Item_of_the_Day

Grind, Explore and Have Fun .

Other urls found in this thread:

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Mr._Hatter
youtu.be/UeFN0joVCZs?t=26s
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SoxJaMGZq7uHH-4RgEQGgCqPHfQtqmtt3ogd7MtkJZg/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0
calcx.wushuang.ws/pvp.html?caDbLbibjabblbCaBacuiaaoOhaaaaaaaalkha4aaaaaahzdWd7dWuXpGbnpKbppNbDfwbMfwbMahhhajkkfffffaabkkaaaaaaflfaaaaaaabakaaakakakaaaaaHaaaa
youtube.com/watch?v=wxV0wA7heTI
youtube.com/watch?v=xBSlIFBR2fg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote
pandoraonline.net/cp/?module=vote
pandoraonline.net/cp/
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Orcus_Dungeon_Monsters
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=re_item_db&item_id=19514
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SoxJaMGZq7uHH-4RgEQGgCqPHfQtqmtt3ogd7MtkJZg/edit#gid=0
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=creation_db&op=3
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Hatter#Mr._Hatter.27s_Card_List
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/wiz.html?10rKGXnndodqafcAaxbx
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pld.html?10IKfXcFlfuFbnanbqdnuX
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/hpr.html?10gXdNsXdAhEbomoqnkeyAjScAJy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Novices can't really do too much. They have a skill that can be learned via a quest called "Play Dead" that is handy, but you lose the skill if you chose any other job class (I forget is Super Novices keep it or not). Get to job level 10 and decide on what class you want next.

Your basic physical strong hitter class. Carries a sword (two handed or single handed), spear, or dagger, and a shield (if you're using a single handed sword/dagger). Swordsmen can be built a few different ways. My personal choice is to build his stats in STR, AGI and some DEX. If you're going to be a tank, swap out AGI for VIT.

Toss magic bolts of different elements at your foes. Wields staffs or daggers. Magicians are best used with INT (for strong spells) and DEX (for faster casting) builds. Other good skill points can be AGI to evade attacks, or VIT to take more hits.

Long range fighter. Archers who are using bows require arrows. So always keep an eye out on your arrow count before going into the field as arrows are consumables. You can find arrows for sale in most NPC shops. Archers Damage with a bow is determined by the DEX Stat. So pump up that DEX. Similar to the mage AGI can help you evade foes while VIT can let you take more hits.

The Happy Merchant is here! Merchants are primarily used by players who just want to get more profits on the loot they sell to NPCs. But can also be used to sell items to players by setting up a shop. You'll find lots of player owned shops around towns. Merchants can also be good fighters similar to swordsmen. To be completely honest, I don't really have a good idea on how best to make your merchant, but if you'd like to fight with a sword, dagger, or axe, I'd recommended a similar build to a swordsman.

Extra Notes from another user:
"Two-handed axes suit Merchants.

Remember, the weight that you have on your cart makes you hit HARDER, therefore ALWAYS have your cart filled to maximum capacity with whatever useless crap you have. Try to reach the perfect cap.

AGI / STR are your friends with a Blacksmith. They hit harder than Knights and faster than them, exception of a Frenzy Lord Knight. Knights just are faster, last longer and are easier to have.

Blacksmiths / Whitesmiths lack proper AoE skills, and the best skills costs MONEY, so be sure if you want a merchant.

However, if this server has resets, that I dont know, you can perfectly fine have a Blacksmith reach lv99 and not rebirth him, reset his stats to DEX and LUCK to craft elemental weapons to yourself and the guild, you can also sell them to players since they are quite valuable.

Since you craft weapons, you can try to upgrade them beyond the safe +4, try to reach +10, don't go beyond that.

Whitesmiths (rebirth of Blacksmith) can UPGRADE weapons way better than the NPC with better % chance and with less materials."

Agile and quick hitters, Thief's can do very well for a new player who's looking to get a bit more out of each fight. Using daggers or swords Thief's can learn double hit as a passive skill to sneak in a little extra damage per hit. They can also attempt to steal items off monsters even if they don't fight them at all! Thief's are built best with STR and AGI in mind with some DEX thrown in. There are other ways to build a Thief but that's just my suggestion.

Everyone's best friend. The main healer of the party. Acolyte's specialize in buffing and healing other members of their team. Build them with INT for stronger heals and more SP or be a combat Acolyte and put points into STR. Ether way, remember to buff your self and your party members.

Taekwon's are a pretty interesting character type. They primary use no items to attack with other than their kicks. Leveling up Taekwon's skills are basically determined if you'll go ether Taekwon Master or Soul Linker. Level a Taekwon with STR, AGI or VIT and some DEX to help hit. You'll start out your early days being a physical fighter so be strong for now. If you decide to go the magical path of a soul linker, you can always reset your stats in this server (for a price of zenny).

Extra Notes from another user:
">I've never played Taek Master

Star Gladiator (Taek Master) are the most weird class of the bunch, depending if the number of the day is odd, or if it's day or night or what month it is… His power changes.

He can only have one of these powers in three maps, however, you can stack all of these in a single map.

It also focus on targets with the same name, choose wisely.

As you can see, it sounds pretty stupid, but when you have a Star Gladiator stacked a single map, they become GOD destroyer of worlds.

This little fellas deal MASSIVE damage on that map and are truly fearsome.

If you are an advanced player or you want to invest to be filthy RICH make a Star Gladiator and put your three maps on Morroc, where all the Satan's Morroc shadows are. If you focus the Ghosts you can try to lure them alone and 1v1 them into oblivion and pray to the gods that you get Diabolus ring, which usually costs a fucking fortune."

Gunslingers are ranged fighters who specialize in firearms, be it revolvers, shotguns, Gatling guns or grenade launchers (there might be more but I think thats all of them). Gunslingers will have to buy all there ammunition from venders, similar to how a archers arrows are consumables so are bullets and shells. Level up similar to a archer with Dex as your primary focus. AGI or VIT to dodge or stay alive longer. Gunslingers are pretty neat if you can get the hang of them, but NOT A RECOMMENDED STARTER CLASS as the weapons are expensive and the ammo is slightly as well.

Extra Notes from another User:
" This is a FUN class with NOTHING more. It's REALLY expensive to have a Gunslinger and ANY class do all of their jobs better.

However it's just fun to switch from pistols to shotguns or gatling gun just cause you can.

His skills costs money too even."

Ninjas are a little strange as they can be ranged, up close and magical all at the same time. Figure out what one you want to make and build accordingly. I've seen some pretty crazy stuff done by ninjas in my time, so I've come to respect them as a class. Plus they look neat. Sorry for lack of detail on this class, I've never successfully built a proper ninja so I have little to offer.

Extra notes from another user:

" Like the gunslinger, its an expensive class and not recommended for beginners.

However Ninjas can be of use unlike Gunslingers.

Melee if PvP. Magician Ninja if PvE and PvP. If you wanna throw shurikens in PvE delete the character."

Masochists unite! This is your class if you feel like suffering as a novice for 45 base levels. Super Novices (or SN) will find that they have all main 6 1st classes skills available to them! Whats nuts about it is that you're allowed to get 99 Job levels! So you can really get a ton of first class skills and mix and match. Mind that because of this builds will vary. But if you can deal with the suffering and strife of those first 45 base levels as a novice, this might just be for you.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie

I highly suggest any new players attempt this quest. Not only will it familiarize your self with the world, but also unlock this wonderful hat.

"The Buddy Beanie is a hat geared towards lower level characters! If you are base level 85 or lower, then you obtain the following bonuses: +600 HP, +80 SP, 5% more exp earned from non-boss monsters. All characters gain the 3 defense from the hat regardless of base level, and it is refinable. It has a weight of 20, is equipped in Upper Headgear slot, and requires a minimum base level of 12 to use. "

A few praises by other users of the game:

07/14/16 (Thu)
"The game has a level of open-endedness that only games like EVE can top, and this was further reinforced by constant updates of good content and a subtly enforced sense of community; players are also relevant to the game at all times, whether its to the economy through item/card drops, what content they can access,or community-driven matters.

We may urge people onto an easy fast track for leveling, but even amongst us being eager to share our veterancy, we all have varying ideas and strategies about how to play the game and progress, especially early on; and this is something that's even survived the era of forum/gamefaqs guides for literally everything.

Everything about the game, from its art to its music was solidly done and iconic; down to every last enemy and map in the game, which you could show to any RO player and they could tell you something unique about it; whether it's the weakness of the enemies there, the card the wandering boss of the area drops, the requirements to enter, or just the music.

To me, it's the Thief of MMORPGs; a game that's spectacular, only because it did things right, and it should've been surpassed far, far long ago."

07/14/16 (Thu)

That's a bigger deal than it sounds like.

Just saying RO is merely more open than ToS is an understatement, you can go anywhere anytime and party up with anyone to kill strong ass monsters to level fast or get good gear, you will most likely die trying though, because the monsters are a real danger even if you have the same level as them.

There are no questlines guiding you through the game, you basically level just by killing mobs and the few quests give you stuff like items, special skills and access to new areas.

The gear is much more solind in this game too, Instead of getting a new sword every 5 levels you can get a top tier neutral element frmo the shop instantly if you have the cash, note that it may not be the best sword, because those often lack card slots for advanced builds and they have no element. This makes crafting gear and refining a much more important thing right from the low levels.

The best thing in it to me is the monster layout and party playing, there are strong monsters everywhere and they can be anywhere on their respective maps, makes playing with a party very important in almost every place you go especially on the higher level areas. Of course you can still solo, but you'll be pretty limited and will have to tackle weaker challenges.

Note that when you kill an enemy, no matter your level, you always get the same XP, so no matter if you're and kill a lvl1 monster or manage to kill a lvl100 one there's no XP penalty. You still get shit % frmo the low levels because they give you low XP already, but killing stronger enemies anywhere is very rewarding. In most MMOs and even ToS if you team up and kill a strong monster you get shit XP because of level discrepancy, instead you have to go into shitty instance dungeons and kill low level strong monsters.

07/18/16

Ok, pasta's all served up.

To anyone who hasn't been informed, we have an alternate guild now.

This is only for main guild alt characters. This is being done so that even when away from the main, you can still keep in touch with your fellow guild members via typing #ally into the whisper chat box

Alt guild is limited to two alts per main player.

For the Ninja + Soul Linker duo to grind New World:

If the links dies, well fuck me I dont think I'll be able to repeat all of that.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Mr._Hatter

You can get random hats from this quest, but it's pretty annoying and the elegible cards can sell for 400k a pop, so think before doing it

Thank god for #ally chat

so I've made only melee AGI auto attackers in the past and it feels like I need a change of pace

Seeing as we have two guunslingers in the alt guild, maybe I'll try one out. I have 3 mil to work with
Alternatively, maybe a caster would be fun to try out. I havent done anything magic related in this game

I want some one to enjoy Esma soul linking like I do. You should try it. Get a Tekwon and make them into soul linker. Keep them physical up until you unlock the Es skills.

Take a look at this Soul Linker doing work on Ice Titans.

youtu.be/UeFN0joVCZs?t=26s

*Keep them physical, then reset stat points until you unlock the Es Skills.

First to lewd Hilda.
I want to hold her hand and pat her head.

Traveling through the world~

wow that looks rad. I'll read up on Soul Linker skills in the mean time. Which soul link skills should I take? I don't think I can have all of them

If you want to be combative like the person in this video, you'll need to focus on your Es Skills first. Once you finished those can you look into any extra points to be spent on soul links for other players.

Basically, play for your self first if you want to be a fighter. Otherwise you're just a niche support class.

The way Esma works is that you have to cast one of the other Es skills first. Once those are cast, then you're allowed to use Esma.

Also, for game balance reasons, Es skills can't be used in PvP. So fighter soul linkers aren't really worth while in PvP unless you've got some tricks up your sleeve.

What's with the #ally chat. And how do you chat/shitpost in there or #main

How screwed are mages in Renewal exactly? I've heard people complaining about mages get nerfed, but never the specific.

In the whisper box, type #ally . you'll be able to talk to the main guild and the alt guild. the alt guild is just for alt characters.

It only shows up for members of allied guilds. It's just still us.

more info here

I never really planned for PvP on any of my characters so I guess it doesnt matter

Also, what skills should I be taking from taekwon kid? Does that class work like other first jobs that cap at 50?

Just chillin with the biggest bro here in RO.

but what about this big guy UUUU

This is what I got to work with

Put your points in hide.

next he's gonna want to touch my tits.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SoxJaMGZq7uHH-4RgEQGgCqPHfQtqmtt3ogd7MtkJZg/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

Never played this shit before.
Got 2 questions.
Can I play it on Linux and if yes;
Is the learning curve steep?

we have linuxfags playing on wine

and kinda I guess

Headpats are preferable to anything else.

We've got a few linuxfags playing, if you run into any issues they should be able to help.
There's certainly a learning curve, but exploring the world and your build is part of the fun; if you need guidance there's dozens of us eager to show our veterancy.

I like headpats just not from random user over here.

I give headpats to whomever I want.
I am a /wizard/ I give no fucks. If you have a random stalker that is annoying I know. Also its time for me to head to bed…

For champ
60 vit and 40 int

or

40 vit and 60 int

Check this WoE build out

calcx.wushuang.ws/pvp.html?caDbLbibjabblbCaBacuiaaoOhaaaaaaaalkha4aaaaaahzdWd7dWuXpGbnpKbppNbDfwbMfwbMahhhajkkfffffaabkkaaaaaaflfaaaaaaabakaaakakakaaaaaHaaaa

Saved but this build is too much different from what I already had going for. Probably will just reset once i hit 99 champ and we're ready for WoE

If you are going for Assasin, Hide should be max level nigger.

That build is high on vit and low on int because it's more about surviving on WoE and not getting stunned/etc. For MvPing you'll want stronger Asuras

So it's safe to bump Int to 60?

I don't know, but my guess is because Renewal changed how much exp you get from killing strong monster mages can no longer basically speed through all of the levels by maximizing fire lance and firewall and heading to Clock Tower.

Aaaaand added.

Ye m8 you can put int at 60 and str to 91, bring dex down to 80 if you want, if you don't just take everything from vit instead

Has anyone else been getting crashes recently?
Ever since a day or two ago, I just randomly have the game stop responding and eventually just close out at complete random.

Give in to the headpats. I have.

I've a few since I started playing..

Lokrav here returning from vacations and back into the grind at last.
how much have i've missed these past few days?

Super Novice are the only class who can instant cast legit in servers which cap at 99, by the way.

but that's their only fort. They're weaker than any rebirth class.

I can't. I can't. I would love to once again, but I literally can't go through this shit again.

If it was like 10/10/etc. Maybe, but 5/5 is still just abit too low for my tastes.

If you're soloing, maybe.
With huge 2/3x exp monster of the month rape trains, with +20?% exp per party member and an additional bonus for every party member that has dealt damage to a particular monster, leveling goes pretty quickly.

Until trans, at least.

sound like u didnt start the game through the patcher

A bunch of us trans

Please help the lv 95 smith and the lv 98 knight

I have no idea what I'm doing.
Isn't there a faster way of healing? Isn't there a faster way of clicking that first aid button?
This is all so tedious.

forgot pic

F12 to open the hotbar.

Put your potions and first aid on the hotbard.

Use the hotkeys.

Who is the christcuck that keeps wall of texting the zombie event?

Like this?

That is the quickest way that I know. You can modify the hotbar hotkeys in settings

Cheers

halfway to becoming a monk
still nothing but auto attack
I kind of wish I had gone swordsman

Reposting the emblem attempts I made for Logan.

What do I do and how do I talk to you faggots ingame?

You should have killed more shit in the training ground, now you have to walk outside and kill that shit

What the hell kind of build are you doing and why aren't you leveling with guildies?

Post your IGN here and wait for someone in prontera usually. Also if you haven't maxed your basic skill you have problems.

I'm still an acolyte
All I got is passives and buffs, no attacks

What do we need?

We've got a lot of players over the past few days. A lot of basic classes are taken up and doing well or have the potential to do well.

It's really up to you. If you had a good build or something you found fun, I implore you to play it.

gunslingers

Yeah, nah.

Almost wanna go stalker and do some real dick ass thievery, but requires alot of really fucking good cards to pull off. MVP cards.

I had lots. The problem is remembering the intricacy of the stat growth and how all that works, skill point allocation isn't so much an issue, it was always stat for me.

Is there stat/skill resets on the server?

up to base level 40 the resetter will do it for free

Yes. free up until level 40. After that you'll have to pay in zenny and then later on with zenny and items.

So, if I was to restart/ change class, what class does good damage? Swordsman? Magician?

I want in guild please. ign CressAlvein.

Like old times.

Mage, archer(only if you choose hunter), acolyte(only when monk), swordsman, merchant (only when alchemist or blacksmith), thief (only if you choose assassin, I think).
In most cases, it's a matter of build rather than the class itself. Mages are the biggest glass cannons imo

Also, reminder that because of this #ally chat, this comfy chat setup is possible, since the @showexp shows up in guild chat(game's own exp indicator is crap).

Taekwon is an asskicking machine, but a bit of a glass cannon.
Thief or a monk-directed acolyte are CAN'T HIT ME, CAN'T HIT ME
Swordsman can be an an agile near-fencer, or a wall of FUCK YOU
Archer and gunslinger are for easy kiting and cliff-sniping, if you can afford the arrows and bullets it takes to kill shit far above your level from a safe distance. I used to snipe golems waaay back in the official days, and more recently, cliff-sniping yoyos and smokeys east, north, east of Prontera.

For piss-easy grinding with a VIT swordsman, you can kill mukas (screaming cactus faggots). They were hitting me for no more than 3 damage when I was level 40 or so, but I -was- wearing full plate.

You're lucky it wasn't an arrow. But yeah, welcome back.

Still online? names gotta be exact to send a whisper.

You could whisper me at S.Logan if I don't get to you first.

yeah I'm online now.
Also how do I fullscreen?

Run setup.exe in the directory you installed it to.

Should I as a swordsman put points in dex for accuracy or does that not matter?

Eh, I'm not too sure how hard it is to get certain items, but you can make a 100% perfect dodge Sin and job mob up Bio2 or Mi Gaos(if they didn't remove cloning).
youtube.com/watch?v=wxV0wA7heTI

youtube.com/watch?v=xBSlIFBR2fg

Also, I think I played this server back in 2011, and they didn't fix the DB trick that allowed you to summon Ghostrings a lot easier.

all clases need dex, if you go for a swordman however you should have at most 30-35, to make sure you dont miss your hits.

Agi is also one of the best stats for almost any class, dodge AND attack speed, great for tanking and dps. Don't go full vit if you want to tank, agi is always great mix with it and raises your dps too.

wut?

Hey, Blacksmiths. Do you guys even use Mammo?

No one has the money or gear right now to bankroll it.

It isn't very expensive at all provided you have some decent startup gear, but there are no active forgesmiths on the server, so there's no ele-axes or anything, let alone a fucking Ice Pick.

So the smiths that are around are all going the gay AGI ctrl-click build, because it's the only other thing their class can do.

Would I suffer from skipping it at this point then?

Skipping smith class? Idk, I guess. I think the guild needs a whoreger, not sure if we have one right now. But levelling them up is almost as painful as pre-homunculus alchemist.

Sorry, I mean, is it worth skipping the skill Mammo? I don't really use it.

Oh, no no no, definitely get it.

Not much else to get as a main-merch.

If you want vending just make an alt vend-slave to @at on an alternate account.

Don't get identify either, magnifiers cost fucking nothing.

Doesn't the art style remind anyone else of tales of phantasia?

Yeah, that's a pretty good comparison. Game was being developed in the late 90s so it was just in the middle of the transition from that 90s look and what we've got now.

I think it's pretty great.

same

In your RO folder theres the Setup program, while youre at it turn on the audio too since its off by default

reminder that the Freya Pope is a cute loli.

I love how adorable she is. If only we had more quests featuring her sprite.

The only thing I like about this image is the fact that the guards of the pope are KKK members.

You can't prove this isn't the case.

Why is there a klansman in there?

You son of a bitch.

'Cause of these dudes and their hats.

Now we are all sons of bitches

It's suppose to be based on this.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capirote

Personally, I think it's pretty cool that they went forward with that design in the game when the stigma of that style of hood is pretty well known around the world (I think).

I think I fucked up.

It's not the best first class, but at least you've already made a merchant. Everyone should have one for Overcharge/Discount.

What kind of troubles are you having so far?

I feel like I am not doing as well as I'm supposed to given my level. Unless using several pots per mob is normal. Like I said, never played this before.

Level 30ish and the best I've found is killing those mukas that won't shut the fuck up.

The start with a merchant is very hard because it doesn't have much combat skills, however…
Blacksmith can get crazy dps with the right builds. Ask Yullia if you se her online.
Alchemist is good too but too complicated as a first time class.

I suggest you head over to Payon and go one south and start fighting Spores. Those are the bouncing mushroom dudes.

Once you get good at fighting them and they become too weak, head one more map south and start trying to fight wolves. Be careful as wolves will help other wolves fight if they see them in trouble.

Try that for a bit and see how you do. Are you in the guild?

Also, have you been leveling up and distributing your stat points?

I found that some one was not doing that and having a hard time yesterday. Just making sure that's not the case here.

I figured I was starting on hard mode, so to speak. I planned to go Alchemist. I heard it needs to farm a lot which is fine as long as I can do so solo if need be.

Yeah I've done all of that just to test different areas. I was able to kill all of those fine but the amount of potions I had to use was worrying, considering I'm not made of money just yet. I'm not in the guild yet since I wanted to see if I'd be sticking with this game at all.

As for stats I was using a (probably full retard) even build between agi, str, vit, and dex in that order. Whenever it would jump in cost per point I would go to the next one. I'm still able to do free resets so I'll probably do that.

vit won't help much in early game, focus on agi>str>dex

I would suggest you go STR, AGI and DEX for now. That'll let you hit and be faster. with enough AGI you'll dodge attacks so having lower VIT is ok as long as you can pop a few potions.

For now perhaps you should look something like

STR= 20+
AGI=20+
DEX=20.

Keep dex at 20 for now as about 20 is the area where you can hit most common mobs with relative success. If you start noticing that you're missing a lot, increase dex until you're not missing.

Do you know where the stat resetter is?

Don't forget that strength gains a considerable bonus every 10 points

Thanks for the tips. I know where the reset master is.

I suppose I will go as far as I can, then farm up more potions to do it again. At least the axe from the merchant quest beats the hell out of things at +7

If you're already at level 30, buy a two-handed axe in alberta. 185 atk. You should have the money for it by now if you talked to the job master for the free 40k. If not, ask someone, it's not that expensive

If you where to join the guild you could get help from perhaps a low level healer who needs to gain some levels.

Working as a party nets better exp gains. Don't be afraid to join in, even if you decide you'd rather not play, no one's gonna be upset at you. Game's better played alongside other anons. Guild stuffs pretty fun.

I have about 29k of that 40k left. I'll take a look, thanks.

Next time I'm on I'll contact someone about joining. Thanks again for all the help y'all.

I'm gonna suggest that you skip using an axe until your a alchemist, as axes are slow to hit with. When you become a alchemist you'll have the option to gain axe based skills if you'd like to use one. For a merchant, I'd use any dagger you can afford. Stiletto is a good option.

Oh, I thought he was going blacksmith. Nonetheless, you're right, merchant's aspd with axes is horrible, get a damascus or something.

For you up and coming soul linkers, have a look at my main Taro Mochi's stats.

Keep in mind one of my most important bits of gear are my Clip Under A Cast (Phen Card(Spells can not be interrupted, 25% slower casting)) and Shoes of Witch (Eggyra Card ( SP Recovery 15%)) .

Hope it helps, and feel free to ask any questions. I'll do what I can to answer them.

If anyone has or is planning to make a gunslinger I have a lever action rifle i'd like to trade. It's a really good gun because you can easily get a 100% crit chance with it.

Where do I vote again fams

pandoraonline.net/cp/?module=vote

In looking up how to do this I've voted for the server for the first time.

I didn't know it was that easy.

pandoraonline.net/cp/

Thanke

I, KilliasK, would like it. I already have a gunslinger.

So I assume he's deeply disappointed in his grandson?

He told me he has no grandson.

Yes

Meet me in prontera

Name is Trazyn by the way

why tho

VIT is an ok option too. But back in the time when I had no Phen Card, my Dodge kept my spells from being interrupted If I was VIT I'd be interrupted all the time.

I named my pet poring the Silent King too

excelent taste in undead terminators IN SPESS.

any leveling parties around level 45 running around? Tired of grinding alone. I also cant handle anything on neko island so maybe toy factory is better

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Orcus_Dungeon_Monsters
just leaving this here

ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=re_item_db&item_id=19514

VN vendors got kicked out. 14 days limit vendoring.

Heads up to any Happy Merchants who's thinking about opening up a vendor.

So I hit soul linker and reset my stats to as shown in the screenshot. While my damage is very good, I may have put too little points into dex, because I usually get hit just before rank 9 esma goes off. Am I still okay or do I need to do a reset?

everytime

You filled every room with death.

just get dex now, you're probably fine

How do you plan on surviving?

Dex will make your casting faster, but as you where saying, you usually get hit before you can toss out your higher rank Esma.

I suppose you can see your SP as your HP, but you'll still have moments where you find your self mobbed. A bit of HP or dodge can save you from having Kazeil pop off (Kazeil though it auto revives still counts as death in terms of exp loss).

At the moment your a glass cannon. If you want to continue the way you're going, continue to pump into dex as it'll help increase how fast you can cast. But I implore you to find a way to make it so that you can cast without being interrupted.

Nigga has his 100% dodge shit Kaupe and his Tumbling buff always active, there's no need for that bullshit of AGI or VIT.

Put everything into dex now my boy, you'll be fine for PvE.
Remember to have Eswoo, Kaizel and Kaupe. For the love of god dont put points into Kaahi, it's shit.

Kaizel may resurrect you but you'll get the EXP loss, remember that when you auto ress you are invul to everything for a few seconds as long as you dont fucking move, keep in your inventory fly wings to get away when you're surrounded since your dex is so fucking shit.

With how much INT you have, you may as well go to Manuk Field 1 and grind there killing Nephenthes and Hillslions, so do the New World's quests just to have access to the map at least.

Eswoo -> Esma -> Estun / Estin -> Esma -> Estun / Estin -> Esma -> Eswoo…
Keep in mind to not throw Eswoo on someone that already have the effect or you will kill yourself.

Your cast should not be interrupted if you are kiting correctly and using Eswoo, if something goes wrong and you get targeted by more than one since you have shit dex just fly wing away without shame even if you were about to kill something.

Remember to have Kaupe ALWAYS up. Kaite has been nerfed many times and it's by no means useful anymore except for some low level areas, and still it's trashy for PvE.

I remember way back in iRO leveling my FS priest in GH where we would brand people who lured Hunter Flies to the cross so they would never get healed or buffed by others. Good times.

Someone is cheesing the fuck out of wordzzle.

Straight guessing words the second the round starts over and over again.

We need to start a spreadsheet of known answers, divided by category and length.

That's what I assume they do.

Are you utilizing the game as a way to play a comfy game with members of the 8ch community, or are you using 8ch just as a means to fill up population for your server/guild?

They did the latter for PSO2 threads (and still do) and Project Gorgon.

This started as just 3 of us playing together after reminiscing about the game and private servers in an MMO thread, and then making a thread/guild to see if anyone else was interested.

How long ago was this?

I was under the impression that Rolo was among the 2nd wave of guild members

Almost two weeks ago, the 11th I think.
And you've got it backwards, I was one of the original 3 with Slogan and Piro. We've come a long way.

God damnit, I hate using names and nicknames for over a decade now. Makes it hard to not see it.

breddy good

Sorry rozen about bailing on the ice dungeon grind. I keep getting DC'd from the serve so I'm gonna take a break for lunch and try again

The lag is real. Taking a break until it subsides.

Yullia was right, I should be gambling my life away on diceroll emotes.

This was a bretty good decision

God damnit and today I'm stuck at work. No leveling my monk with you guys anytime soon.

Haha Soab, Champions are gay.

Why didn't I play a Champion…

I tried to stay away but I'm thinking of starting again. What classes do you guys lack?

Super Novices
:^))))))))))))))

Besides that.

The guild has a decent distribution of core roles like tanks/lurers, combat supports (more on the Healz side and less on the utility side), CC, and melee DPS.

From glancing at the roster earlier, what we seem to lack most are non-combat supports, and ranged single-target DPS.

So Brewers, Forgers, heavy-investment Linkers, Snipers, and SBKers. So half of those are basically the classes that no one wants to play and the other half are just people that we lack in decent numbers.

Priests, always priest. High apm priests.

Never played Alchemist or Blacksmith. While they seem interesting I don't know about being in a full support role.
Surprised nobody wants to play Sniper though, I thought they were one of the most popular classes back in the day.

We have a high archer going to sniper, but only one. Whereas we have at least two of pretty much everything else.

We've got a couple alchys and smiths, but none of them are support-specced AFAIK, a few other people started making alchys / smiths but stopped when they realised how boring the first 50 levels as a merchant are.

I might go archer for the time being then.
I'm absolutely clueless about builds, though. I just remember the falcon being really fun.

Auto-Blitz is a thing, yeah. It's slower than the DS build, but can be a tiny bit cheaper. I used to play a DS/Auto-Blitz Hybrid Sniper. Using basic attacks and auto-blitz to stunlock Imps and Salamanders in Thor's Volcano, whilst using DS-spam to kill Kasas.

I might make a Bard this weekend, they're highly sought after for parties, and Clown is one of the trans classes I've never experienced. I'm getting bored of my Knight. I always get bored of Knight around 70~90 every time I try to play one.

auto-blitz build is good. Go for 99 agi and 60 luk, rest in dex

89+ party going on at ice dun 3, where the fug are you guys

Gotcha. I'll probably make a character tomorrow.

IT IS A SICKNESS

Mind explaining? I've never played either

Ask whatever you have questions about. I'll do what I can to answer them.

So who should I PM to join the guild? How do I even message people in the first place? IGN is Balkius

You'd message me at S.Logan .

Just type the name in the little box next to the large chat bar.

We're in an event right now, so it'll have to be after. But if you can, join in. good loot to be had.

By the way, who was the guy that said he had an emperium anvil? I need it for my pure forger

It was me, and I made the mistake of thinking I had one.

I'm sorry.

If you see one at all on the market, let me know and I'll muster up the funds to buy it.

I can buy it myself if its not too expensive

I'd fire her cracker

How ahrd is battlegrounds anyway?

Well, its just a few of us. If it wasn't for this guild joining it would have just been high level players dice rolling to see who gets to win.

Other than that, its basically PvP with a random team of people who joined.

I GOTTA GET MYSELF TO CHURCH

I played before the whole renewal was a thing but I never got too far into it. I did play renewal for a bit though so im not sure what the differences between the two are atm.

How hard is it to make money compared to renewal?

I also heard that carding isn't what it used to be like in the old days in renewal, what is the difference exactly?

The reason im asking is because I want to know whether I should invest in an archer considering you have to buy the arrows in this game.(for the most part) And don't want to get too invested and realise its way out of my price range

You're welcome Keishiro. I remembered I had one and decided to give it to you for good use. Don't let me down.

Its the same in pre-renewal and money is easy to get. Archers/hunters are the best class for PvM farming.

Thanks for the anvil, everyone will benefit from it as soon as I get more levels and the other gear

Let me know if you need metals and stuff. I've got a bit of a collection of that sort of thing in my storage.

I'm not sure if there'd be any differences between pre-renewal and renewal in regards to making money. There are monsters and they drop items that you can sell.

I think in Renewal, damage cards modify the weapon's ATK, not the end damage. So that 43 damage Main Gauche with four +20% damage vs Race/Element/Size cards is shit compared to that 200 damage 0 slot 'Dagger of Killshit'

Archers require arrows, yeah… but they're 1z, fire and silver are 3z (which rounds down to 2z with Discount), and you can just craft whatever you need once you get Arrow Crafting.

Pretty accurate depiction of my childhood minus the rape.

I was thinking on making them by order. Gotta let people know about the weapons and let them decide what they want/need. For generally needed mats though, Steel and Oridecon are widely used, specially Steel.

Do happen to match the description of any of the people pictured here

at the moment we need to:
Stop having fugging events so we can actually organize a party holy shit

IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, TYPE /fog IN CHAT

What does that do

Shits up the screen with haze, apparently.

Made an alt character to try my hand on merchanting.

Suggestion please.

Scout the market before you put up a price, if you deem an item is worth 100 0000 zenny sell it for 90k, make them think they're saving. Buy shit ton of leaves for cheap and sell them at higher price but still cheaper so people are compelled to grab them from you. Items that receive refinement beyond 4 net higher price, a 10+ falchion can sell for 1 million.

i don't know shit about merchant build, ask Yullia, they tend to be fast and ridiculous

I can almost see the light at the end of the Merchant hell. 49/44

If you're having a tough time leveling ranged classes, remember that Greatest Generals are worth a shitload of experience. They're one south, two east of Payon, are immobile, and the only aggressive enemies near them are ninetails (rare) and poison shrooms (uncommon on this map). You'll go largely unmolested as a gunslinger, archer, hunter, sniper, mage, or bow-thief if you're insane. Best part is, unlike the fucking plants, they don't regenerate like chinese rabbits.

and after that you can go geographers, peach trees, or droseras

Going to run an Instant Cast Super Novice build

Good now I won't feel so alone

Alone is something you will be alot user

kek, good luck

I started a character, name's Sentenza.

Is there a build I can go right now on an archer that may be good for pvp and mvp?

I have never gone MVPing so im not sure what to expect, but as for pvp i'd like to just spend some time now and then doing some just to break from the grinding

Geographers a SHIT with stupid high magic defense and I'M-A-HEAL-MUSEFF-AS-FASS-AS-U-HIT-ME action, so yeah, save them for when all the other speed-leveling sources peter out.

It requires concentrated 'tism to grind on those fucking things up to level 80, though.

If anyone is on at this hour, I made an acolyte. No idea what I'm doing, but I'll take a guild invite if possible.

Lorenta.

Never forget, we're all gonna make it.

I know, brah. I know.

I tried selling some cards instead of leaves and cakes. Let me tell you, cards sell like hotcakes. 400k in 2 hours.

I don't think I want to try my hands on improving +7 weapons anymore, though. All 3 of my swords broke.

Reminder that the game doesn't need to patch correctly to be played.

I don't know much about this game besides this.

Just be ready to crash if you encounter an item or something that isn't in the updated code or whatever. Nothing wrong with updating.

I haven't seen Pront look like that in a long time.

I had some errors from orichalcum backpacks and such but never had a game crash

so out of curiosity, what's the difference between the four alchemist homunculi? Why do I hardly ever see anyone use the bird or sheep?

Heh, that's why guild storage share is suppose to be for things you don't care about.

Any reason you want to run the game un updated?

People who take things seriously go with the Magic Bolt casting slime and the loli is a popular choice too because its a loli. As for the sheep and bird, well one's good at hitting quick and the others a tank. They're ok, just not as a popular.

Really up to what you're willing to spend to get the one you want.

Sounds legit tbh

All I know about RO is Xration.

Can I be the little Necromancer?

No. No summoning at all, except summoning aggressive bosses/monsters

It's been a while since I've played.
What should I go for? I'm considering Magician or Merchant.
Thoughts?

Only 3rd classes have summoning.

Magician is a pretty easy class to start with if you have some experience with the game. Thief is even easier.

Ether way, do what you feel like. When your ready put your character name into the thread and we'll try to get you in.

DAILY REMINDER
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SoxJaMGZq7uHH-4RgEQGgCqPHfQtqmtt3ogd7MtkJZg/edit#gid=0

It wasn't a want to be unupdated, my patcher failed the first time I tried it, but the game ran so I assumed it worked. I've been telling my friend about the tree in Prontera but he assumed I was just fucking with him, it wasn't until Rolonith's picture that I realised Prontera looked different. It's way easier to get around it now, without all the houses, that's for goddamn sure.

No wonder my vending profit didn't look right. They took some of it away.

If you sold Hatter cards, you ripped yourself off. There's a guy that buys them for 400k each

the loli is a viable option pre-renewal since she has urgent escape which is free speed potions, but be warned she is the slowest to level and will suffer until you get her last skill (which takes forever)

Slime is absurdly OP
Loli has GOTTAGOFAST and gets stronk once evolved.

All I know is that getting 5 coins is cancer and that Fling doesn't give me any noticeable results.

We told you about Gunslingers. WE TOLD YOU.

I was going to install but the download from HeRO is slow as dicks. The RMS source says the installer is 04-16-2016, but the direct installer from HeRO is dated 20151011.

Can anyone tell me if the instructions on the download page work fine with the latest build from RMS?

How many active players do we have?

I think I still enjoy the class, but I don't really know how to build it. I may have to reset.

Gunslinger with Sakkat and Gas Mask? Y/N

No. Gas Mask? Yes. Sakkat? No.

Go for a Beret from a Vanberk and be a proper man.

I didn't even think of that.
Use a shotgun, too.

This is mainly for snipe-grinding, not skill use or anything.

That's what I've been doing. I was thinking of more down the line, but I picked out a few skills that sound good.

I use my gunslinger to farm stuff that can be easily sniped, or my archer, whichever I feel like dicking around with. I don't have any great cards, and little in the way of slotted equipment, so I'm not playing super-serious. Until I get a vitata card (accessory, heal), I'm somewhat at a standstill for anything other than basic grinding on most of my classes.

Making a priest instead of a monk, which severely slows down the solo leveling.

Still irritated that the create arrow skill requires a much higher level drop instead of a pointed scale like it used to. The one goddamn enemy that drops it mops the floor with my VIT swordsman. Burning orange potions to kill ONE is bullshit. If I had the day off, I'd try sniping them, but the hard part is dealing damage. Even with high dex on my archer, and somewhat high dex on my gunslinger, it's a crapshoot.

Yeah, I'm got by farming Greatest Generals and now Droseras but that'll probably come to an end once the exp gain is too low. I should probably get some better gear and group up with folks.

Forging is off to a good start guys! I'm accepting requests now

Alright I guess I'll go fuck myself then.

We can make elemental bullets apparently, so it's not all bad. Still wish I got some better pistols though.

Suggested generalist builds for magicians/wizards?
My current build (base 26 Job 19) is:
STR 3, AGI 15, VIT 4, INT 26, DEX 22, LUK 3
3 in Cold, Lightning, Fire, and 2 in Napalm Beat. And 7 in SP Recovery.
How do I go from here? Or should I respec all my shit?

Are people still playing? I am just registering and installing now.

Respec.
Dump it into INT and DEX in a 4:1 Ratio, up until you get your dex to 40, then stop dumping on dex and go full int.

About skills, search for a build online. You'll want fire bolt maxed for the early game though

Sorry, didn't see your earlier messages.

Yeah we're still playing about 15 or so players online in this guild right now

Just run the patcher and you should be fine. Patching might take a bit of time though.

Be sure to use the full installer download from the website if you're playing for the first time. It's better off to do it that way than to patch ontop of a pre existing RO folder as it may cause issues.

Yeah, I found a way to speed up the download, old school as fuck but I just installed DAP. Don't normally need it but sack going to sleep just as it finishes downloading. May be worth putting it in the next OP.

I'm going gunslinger, I played when it was just the original classes as thief and on a private server as gunslinger when it was added and don't ever remember being too poor for ammo and gear, so I think I will be able to live with that ghettoslinger life.

You really should take another class first just to get a foothold into the game before going gunslinger. ammo costs, transport costs ect. It'll be tough for you starting a new character like that.

Well, whatever you choose, let us know your character name in the thread and I'll try to get you into the guild.

this isnt tos mang

definitely respec (its free until level 40), also if you're going wizard you will need 99 dex. So I'd advise getting int to 70~80 and then pumping dex to 99 before going back to int. You can start getting dex earlier if you feel you need faster casting as a mage though.

That feel when Kanta is already taken.

KantaM my name.
Baddest motherfucker in the GKD my game.

gz to whoever got muh load

It will help the entire guild. See you around man.

fug

Might actually be viable. Doesn't keep me from being annoyed at him being unable to do damage.

tell him there's a thing called dagger of counter, that completely inutilizes luk even if you want to crit :^)

anyone around level 47 want to party with a gunslinger?

IGN: Memeslinger

Can anyone help level my merchant into an Alchemist?

I'm level 48/37, name's Dr Strangelove

Do you want to join the guild? or are you already in? Sorry if so, I didn't recognize your name.

I ask because its a lot easier to ask for help in the guild where we try to help each other out.

Ah, yeah, I'm already in, sorry. I've been trying to farm with this merchant and it's just hell.

any particular thing you're farming for? items? exp?

Exp.

Hit up the guild and see if anyone will tank for you at Neko Island. I'm taking a break at the moment, but post in about 20 mins if no one's come to help you with that. I'll help you otherwise.

Yeah that'd work if I did any damage

I return from fucking hell. Nothing makes you hate America like working technical support for a telecom.

Now to jump back on and do… whatever? I hope for ten consecutive poring smash events.

BG is still going on. only 1 more for me to get 99, got like 75% just on this lol

What makes me smile the most is that I can look at this picture and remember every one of your character names.

You guys are great.

I lost all the will to play ever since I got to the coal mines that they call "ice cave 1"
fuck siroma grinding
FUCK SIROMA
REMOVE SIROMEME

They'll change the exp bonus soon don't worry

Fairy Auction soon.

You leave my self-aware pet alone, he dindu nuffin.

Spoilers for "End Game" material.

inb4 blog post

This was quite the task. I made this crusader character to help my friends level years ago. We'd sense stopped playing RO for a good while. But here I am, at the end of all that and I have you all to thank.

On the 11th of this month I visited a MMO thread and brought up RO on this private server and two fellow anons joined me in the game. We partied all night and in the morning we decided to make the first thread and post for these RO threads in hopes that other anons would give the game a shot or relive the fun of the past.

Now 3 weeks later I've made new friends, formed one of the strongest guilds on the server in terms of active players and its all thanks to everyone who decided to give the game a shot.

I'm glad to have been able to help you all out with items, levels, guidance whatever. but I'm so much more glad that you decided to play one of my favorite games with me.

As I've said in previous thread posts, I'll continue to make these threads as long as there is interest, but I really mean it when I say thank you to everyone who have made this game fun for me again.

I just like playing with Holla Forums
ur ok

It's fun to be here, I missed this game.

Holy war soon fellow Paladin!

Deus vult, my friend. Thanks for reminding me of this game, thanks for giving me the will to play a monk all over again, thanks for making an awesome guild that removes the chore of leveling solo, and thanks for giving me something to look forward to when the workday is getting to me.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Hatter#Mr._Hatter.27s_Card_List

List of Hatter cards as well as the Hatter Quest.

Allahuakbar, friend. May the infidels tremble before our holy Jihad.

I'm the strongest

Requesting a Fire Tsurugi.

I need something to make killing leaf cats easier.

Congrats on that. You didn't let your name ring out across the land though. Or did I miss it in my sleepiness?

Show me your stats, I'm farming mats currently to get a VVS wind ele dagger.

As on the spreadsheet posted, we don't all belong to the same timezones.

Weekends would most likely be the time we could all help each other for extended periods of time

I thought this game died?
I always see anons lamenting the good old days when they would play this for hours on end.

It did die a long time ago, time and the Renewal update killed it for the most part.
We're playing on a small private server that has survived a decade and keeps the spirit and content of pre-renewal alive.

If you're interested, there's always room in the guild.

I'm definitely interested. I was under the impression I had completely missed out on a good experience.
Are there any classes that the guild could use more of, or should I just pick what interests me?

Pick what interests you, have fun.

You were offline I guess

We need 2 asuras

So uh, we're gonna have some fun sometime later today.

Oh baby!

Smashotron here. Crapword, I have to work. Ah well, I have one event bag myself. I got last night's wish all in one go with this event.

Again, later today. And i'm certainly not doing 10 events in a row so multiple nights of this.

I won't be back on until 2:30 AM eastern time, so "later today" means "on Mars" to me on work days. No worries, the fun doesn't hinge on my presence or lack thereof.

I'm stuck at the nasty part of leveling most of my characters. Base level in the low fifties, job level at or near 40. Every time I hit that point, I switch to a lower level character, or just farm crap for platinum quests. Still burned about the change in the create arrow quest. Going to have to make a knight or something to get the drops quickly.

this is Briseis
pls no kick I've been busy

Aight, I'm logging in soon

I got 81 dex/luk, and some luk gear (angel dress+angeling hairpin = 10 luk, 2 rosaries = 4 luk, fortune sword = 5 luk, still need crystal pumps). With bless and gloria I figure it's a pretty good chance, BUT VVS lowers the success chance immensely for little benefit, so I wouldn't recommend it, i'd say its a waste at this point in time.

CALL ME COACH

im goku

Last time someone got super pissed, so I'm warning in thread that someone is organizing muspelheim.

PM Askardt or come to Prontera.

THE RIDE TO MUSPEL IS STARTING

Made 4 more weapons today, breaking only one, so that's a record of 5 successes and 1 fail. Pretty good if you ask me.
Almost out of steel, so keep those mats coming and make more requests!

Hiker and Logan, you guys coming back? We're waiting at siromemes

I'm sorry, I got distracted with some stuff away from my computer.

I'll be back in in a few mins.

do you use things other than steel? i have a ton of upgrade materials stockpiled but only 1 steel

Alright fags. I'm rebuilding my magician for the last time, in preparation for wizard.
Here's what I've been told to do, and assembled from reading:
49 SP spread out like so:
Max Firebolt (10)
Frost Driver 9 (14)
Safety Wall 6 (18)
Thunderbolt 1 (5)
Stone Curse 1 (1)
Sight (1)
Is this a good setup?
If not, how do I make it better?

Safety wall is a waste of points as a normal wizard. The basic wiz build looks like this:

irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/wiz.html?10rKGXnndodqafcAaxbx

Then you decide if you want MS or LoV. Leftover points can go into whatever, I'd suggest icewall or more quag.

Yeah, elemental stones, oridecon and jewels/cracked diamonds are used

irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pld.html?10IKfXcFlfuFbnanbqdnuX

high priest skill build irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/hpr.html?10gXdNsXdAhEbomoqnkeyAjScAJy

As an archer should I leave arrow shower at 1 and just job change at 40 job?

corrected : irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/hpr.html?10gXdNsXdAhEbomoqnkeyAjScAJy

Change at 42 with DS 10, Concentration 10, Owl's 10, Vulture's 10, Shower 1

NEW THREAD