Fighting Games: Rainy Days Edition

ESPN is triggered by R.Mika and Fuudo had to change costume mid match at evo because of it
archive.is/gPpQw
Dizzy in Guilty Gear Revelator is now available to download
Patch 1.03 balances the characters and patch 1.04 will bring a mode that lets you pose and create dioramas with the character models.
pastebin.com/hYWSgCjv < 1.03 change list
Nightmare Geese costume to be included as a bonus for digital pre-orders.
South Town Team, Antonov and Story trailers.
Demo to be released tomorrow (19th). Has 7 characters (Kyo, Iori, Shun'ei, Nelson, King Of Dinosaurs, Mai and Sylvie) and includes the tutorial.
48 character build was playable at EVO and there's recorded footage of the yet unrevealed characters.
Final release to be compatible with PS3 sticks.
No more alternate costumes planned; will depend on fan feedback.
Juri announced to be released by the end of July and Dictator/Bison/Vega's SFII stage is getting remade.
Eyedol revealed.
Definitive Edition to be released on September 20th.
Bob and Master Raven confirmed.
Mai Shiranui to be added as a guest character in September.
Garou getting ported to PS4 and PS Vita.
SNK will have a pool to decide the next titles to bring to PS4.

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/
Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw
website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

/fighters/index.html

Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix:
Challonge:
infinityfgc.challonge.com/SGFMM

The King of Fighters 2002:
Challonge:
infinityfgc.challonge.com/in43pbpg

UNIEL:
infinityfgc.challonge.com/93kqa11g

Koihime Enbu!!!
infinityfgc.challonge.com/wcv3bws0

>Resources:
For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF:
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KbmCxSGuUNk
youtube.com/watch?v=xlScIHLhG10
displaylag.com/video-game-input-lag-database/
dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12529-ggxrd-input-lag-tests-results-pc-ps4-ps3/
discord.gg/EZNsQke
eventhubs.com/news/2016/jul/21/new-street-fighter-5-summer-costumes-way-available-next-week/?page=1#c1010059
brutalace.deviantart.com/art/Juri-Cleavage-Final-Edition-619746475
gematsu.com/2016/07/street-fighter-v-adds-juri-july-26
youtube.com/watch?v=Hzhp6-Kdxjw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here's the mains template.

HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER

Does Tatsunoko vs Capcom emulate well? I've been looking to try that out.

here's some good news for you

Hot off the presses, LTG commentating Fuudo vs Infiltration at Evo and bitching about Mika.

So I've been thinking long and hard, and I'm thinking about buying a PS4 to practice on for tournaments is that a good idea? I also really wanna play KoF 14 and updated Guilty Gear Xrd.

Same here, man. I'm looking for cheap PS4s online and I'm thinking of buying Xrd, preordering KoF, and modding my shitty Qanba Q1 into a slightly less shitty and PS4 compatible stick.

But goddamn do I not have the money for this. For how long is Dizzy free to download? I might just play Xrd on PS3, preorder KoF, and wait until I've got enough spare cash to play.

A week or two, but if you download her on your PS3 she's also free on your PS4, iirc.

Dude you are literally me, I also play on an Qanba Q1

I'd wait until that NEO PS4 releases, the prices for the original will drop once that thing comes out.
Just log into the PSN webstore and add it to the cart when it's free, you don't need the game or system if you do it that way

Wanted to add to this; Patch 1.03 also adds more music tracks for your matches (mostly the vocal tracks, but also both versions of the final boss theme).

Postin

All of this is correct regarding Dizzy

postan

LTG never ceases to amaze

reposting mine I guess. I need to play more fighters.

I love how he says "How do you fight against Mika you can't!" and then 10 seconds later when Infiltration gets a perfect KO he's like, "That's it, Infiltration playing perfect." like he knows what the fuck he's talking about.

Any DOA5 players here?
Would like to ask for some basic pointers on the game. I've noticed one of my key problems is movement; because the characters feel like they're a hitbox away during most of a match, I rarely move and just fire away my combo starters.
And on that note, I can't deal with any opponents that have long strings but it's a matter of learning how to hold appropriately (so far, I only block).

As said, grab her even if you don't have the game. I'll likely wait until Baiken and Testament are added to get into Xrd but downloaded Dizzy anyway. Just a 120Kb download.
Incidentally, I'm confused as to why Raven costs €2 and Kum costs €7.

Raven can be unlocked with in-game cash or fishing, similar to how Sin was unlockable with in game cash in Sign. Kum is exclusively DLC, similar to how Elphelt and Leo were in Sign. Both Raven and Kum were free for the first two weeks like Dizzy is now, but they're now charging money for them.

Looking forward to actually playing Tekken 7 FR, I haven't played Tekken on a console since 2 maybe, or 3 in the arcades.

That image reminds me

This is the closest I'll ever get to my childhood dream game; Fatal Fury vs Virtua Fighter

Sweet, that's good news. I'll add her to the cart and wait for the price drop on regular PS4s.

Hello me

So dizzy is broke.

Just trying to replicate it again, but it seems with a quick throw you can get multiple of the attack head things out at once, which I assume is a glitch and shouldn't be available

OK, never mind. It's graphical glitch only and you don't get extra damage from extra attacks

Capcom confirmed once again BTFO by SNK

now i'm still gonna probably buy this game and put a lot of effort in since i haven't had anything to play in ages, but dicking around in training mode i can't seem to make anything happen, i can't learn without a combo list worth shit i guess

SNK has been basically doing the exact opposite of what Capcom has been doing.

I don't think that's the point of what he's saying, though. He's talking about normals and specials being handled differently in XIII whereas they'll behave the same way in XIV. That's not to say there's no input delay. I'd be surprised if it were technically possible to have literally no input delay.

It probably just has an input delay of less than one frame and they round it down for PR. That's still really fucking impressive though, even skullgirls has about one and a half frames.

how come you fighting game weenies are always talking about attack on titan?

We aren't though? What plebs you been hanging around? They are probably from reddit.

the fuck you talking about?

I don't think we've had any discussions about Attack on Titan in these threads.

he's making a joke about SNK, which is also the common acronym weebs use for attack on titan

Oh shitgeki no kyopieceoshit

fuck I should have guessed

I get it now. That's kinda clever.

I thought he was making a joke about how normalfags in the fighting game community harbors a lot of people who watch mainstream anime, like Naruto

The only anime I've really watched is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. But i'm only watching it to see how well it adapts the manga. I've read the manga up to the end of part 5.

I guess the question is how much input delay is online.
How good will the online be in the first place is what is gonna make it or break it?

read the rest of Jojo all they way up to 8.
If I started recommending manga to read I would invoke the wrath of /a/ and there will be two conversations in this thread
7 deadly sins
Drifters
Pluto
Basilisk
Robo Getter Go
watch Monster
watch Baccano
always spoil yourself on shonen. just wiki dat shit

Baccano! for me was a weird experience. Not the anime itself mind you, but the fact that it's the only universally well received anime I've watched that I completely hated in every possible regard. I didn't even get into arguments about how much I think it sucks, I just desperately tried to find what it was I must have overlooked to end up hating it so much because I wanted to like it too. But I could never figure it out so I ended up just trying to forget it even exists.

Monster was pretty good but I never finished that for some reason - I should really get around to it.

Does anyone know where to find video footage of the EVO 2016 yatagarasu and CvS2 tournaments?

I couldn't Imagine hating baccano on every possible level. I guess it does have a case of too many characters and their set in stone personalities throughout the whole show would make it kinda predictable.

Not gonna lie, I really wanted them to start making out right here.

How many side tournaments did they have at EVO anyway?

how is that even possible?

Here's Darkrai footage from the Arcade since he was released today

because SNK knows what they're doing.

Catherine
Vampire Savior
CvS2
Anime evo(like 7 games dengeki bunko, aquapazza, gundam breaker ) there was a website for it animeevo.moe or something
KOF XIV
KOF XIII
GG Accel Core
GG Xrd side tourney too

There's at least a few games that have no input delay as well, like Revelator, where you can actually set what you want your input delay to be like (Xrd cabinets have 1f of input delay in Japan so pros that play on arcade can set it to 1f delay on the console.)

Rev has input delay due to V-sync being on. It's still lower than what they have in the arcades, hence the input delay setting.

Ah yeah, I always forget about forced vsync adding delay.

With KoF XIV coming soon, we should talk about the color edit mode XIII had. Did anyone here make any good palettes?

The only thighs better than dizzy's right now are jam's. Or maybe Millia's.

You wanted to see two buff man making out?

So I've been playing around in the KoF14 demo and I wanted to ask someone here who might know more about it. I've been working on a setup with Nelson in the corner that I think might be a good reset but I'm not sure how good it really is.

In the corner with Nelson it's:
Jump in, cl.HK (or cr.LK>cl.LP>), 4LP>4LK>6HP, 4LP (hit) > 4LK (whiffs) then from there you can do 8HP for overhead or 2HP for low or 6HP for deep meaty, you can even do 4HK to bait a reversal. All three knock down to keep you at advantage after. You could also do cl.HK when they come down from the original 6HP which leaves you massively positive.

I'm mostly asking about the 4LP>4LK(whiff)>6HP as it seems really good as a meaty. Maybe someone who's better at KoF can blow me up on this and explain how all of it fails.

it was very limited, not as limited as previous editors they had in some of their games, but still limited, god forbid you tried to make a character look like showing panties or skin because the palette won't let you

What the fuck happened to Tekken

Latest Tekken i played was vanilla 5 on ps2

Shaq Fu has less input delay than SF5

Evo2016 SFV Top 8
3 Nash
2 Chun-li
1 Ken
1 R.Mika
1 Vega
Time to nerf Nash?

So, do you niggas play fightan for fun or to gitgud? Be honest.
I like the idea of playing a lot of fighting games, but no one I know plays them, so if I ever buy a game, I'm stuck with the AI, and it's either too easy or too hard for me. Fuck playing over the internet.
How do you guys play with others, and do you tryhard or play for fun? Or is it only fun with both players are highly skilled?

No, instead lets cover Mika's tits a little more so they are streamable to the masses

Is that a Stocking character?

Everyone else should be buffed.

Actually functioning anti airs and hitboxes that aren't complete neutered ass would be nice.

Didn't capcom release a patch after evo? did they make any gameplay changes?

They wouldn't nerf Nash, would they? Please, no.

I just play with a couple buddies of mine. Both are a lot better than me at most every game, but I'm top dog in UNIEL. Some fucking how. I'm looking forward to earning enough cash to afford a PS4 and KoF so we can try that shit out. I get the feeling that games that play at a pace somewhere between SF and GG are my best field.

I almost never play online. I suppose I ought to if I really wanted to git gud. I have shit internet so it's not very enjoyable for me.

Fun, but getting good is fun in itself and as an achievement.

None of my friends like fighting games, so I meet up once a week with some guys to play, and I play online a lot. I don't see why you would write off online just because it's not as good as offline.

Getting gud is fun.

HOW DO YOU TURN OFF RUSH MODE REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Fapping to SF3's sprite animation… is KOF13's sprite animation as good?

That's amazing to hear. I know KOF is no great shakes graphically but they are doing everything right on the gameplay. I just hope the online netcode is decent. They haven't talked about it much and it's worrying.

That was a dumb move since they should have framelocked it and had input delay configs. The PS4 version has minor FPS drops and honestly I'd take an adaptive v-sync tear at the top of the screen over a FPS drop

It's pretty good, noticeably rotoscoped though, a lot like Elena in 3s.

Gameplay patch is coming after Capcom Pro Tour.

Looking forward to them shitting it up even more.

Nash will be nerfed for sure, hopefully not as much to make people start dropping him

Nash's strength is to anywhere he wants on the screen using his deceptively fast dash, V-reversal and V-trigger. Being able to escape the corner easily is a damn good advantage!

Yeh I can remember now that I read capcom saying they weren't going to do a balance patch until next year.

I've seen a few Capcom hitboxes, but that is something else.

Akira Yuki guest-starred in DOA5:
youtube.com/watch?v=KbmCxSGuUNk

Here's a guest-star no one expected:
youtube.com/watch?v=xlScIHLhG10

Is 4th Strike any good?

there are a lot of decisions in it that are really weird. it is more balanced though but at the cost of some really weird stuff. they should've just kept it simple with frame buffing and nerfing while fixing Q's combo weight.

I really hope these designs come back in some way in kof14.

also has terry ever been really good in a kof game? i went looking through tier lists of every popular fighting game he's been in and 98 has him in C and most have him in D or lower. is it because his kit doesn't really allow him to be better?

That's not how it works, Xrd Sign and Revelator on consoles both have 4 frames native input delay and 1 frame native on PC

Xrd Sign has average of 5 frames on ps4 according to displaylag.com/video-game-input-lag-database/ and on pc apparently 1 or 2 depending on vsync according to dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12529-ggxrd-input-lag-tests-results-pc-ps4-ps3/

Either way that's amazing, it's just a shame I don't like GG

I fucking hate this game.

holy shit, is this what gitgud looks like in fighting games? I can't say I know much of what's going on, but if potemkin was able to 100-0 combo zato, then that means the game was settled within the first few opening moves. Is that normal, or is there something the zato player could have done to not instantly lose like that? I figure if you're top notch, then you'd be able to execute what needs executed at the right time, and input screw ups are "freak accidents". In that case, is top-level fighting like playing chess, where you need to read many turns into the future in order to win?

Sounds like Sirlin's update of Super Turbo, HD Remix… but with less arrogance

Sirlin though he could 'balance' Gouki in SF2
Haha

Give GG a try?

Like I am when it comes to stuff like V sync have no clue what it does but all I ever get with it is broken glitches on PC, added lag like for what reason would you want this, it feels like a frame cap + negatives in my eyes.

They hit danger time in the opening clash which randomly triggers on clashes, where you get more damage and pretty much everything is a mortal counter. Pot player got a good read jumping Zato's cr.S then just Touch of Death from there since the Zato must've bursted the round before and couldn't.

Is that something new to Xrd? I've played AC+R, but I don't ever remember seeing that.

Danger time is new to xrd and I personally hate it

I don't know anyone that likes it. I wish you could turn it off for serious games.

How do you get good at one button throws? I keep getting normals instead.

Play the AI on the hardest difficulty and play till you can win 10 matches in a row throws only

I hate this game.

C'mon, user.

I'm not joking

SNK stated in the EVO panel that they are not planning to add any costumes besides Classic Kyo and Nightmare Geese and future costumes will depend on fan feedback.

Wish they'd go a step further and bring back old move sets with that. Just want '99 Maxima.

Why? I don't get it. One of the advantages of 3d models is more costumes.

At least his armor isn't SFV Zangief tier bad.
Does armor actually nullify the damage you take?

King of Dinos looks like he does really low damage. At least in videos I've seen.

SNK please let me turn off rush mode, shit is fucking with me hard

Yeah, seems like most of his damage comes abusing his armour or reacting, though as a slow grappler he could at least have more damage on his hurricanes, ~16% is kinda measly and ~24% on the MAX super is weak but I guess the armor is supposed to balance it out.

SNK seem to think he's balanced so who knows until the full game is out.

My bad, ~24% is from his normal super, MAX is about ~35%. Better but not great for 2 meters.

Anyone want to play some Revalator 1.03?

I want to not get fucked by Sin & Johnny when I play Jack O anymore while I practice.

Daily reminder you should join the steam group and discord of our group because we actually use it to get matches going with eachother.

Hate discord, but joined the group.

Alright well, you can ask for matches in the steam group chat just fine too. I'd play but I can't right now.

So is anybody playing the KoF demo? It's currently downloading for me. Is Angel playable?

No. The playable characters include:

Poke me later, im always up for a game when im on or add PSN.

How are Sin and Johnny in 1.03 now? More reasonable? Sin's nerfs looked fairly significant.

Anybody else super hyped at the prospect of KOF team party mode, where you find two friends and each one of you makes up a slot on your team?

If only I had two friends that would play this game.

I still see Sin as OP, as his style hasn't changed, and all I can remember is his damage is lower.

Johnny seems more balanced. He's lost his unblockable, right?

I'm genuinely curious, but did you make that 1.03 video in a salty fit of rage or what? That Jam blockstring is piss easy to escape and many characters got buffed, pretty much every nerf served to make the character more fair or fit their intended playstyle more.

I would if I had any friends, user.

Damn, just when I was starting to feel the urge to pick up a PS4 too.

Supposedly (in b4 dataminers), they put all their resources on the vanilla release and are waiting to see how the game fares before considering DLC.
They're probably being cautious and modest about it. They don't have a brand name as strong as SF nor are they as financially comfortable as Capcom so they're not going to dare put a costume or colors. And they're probably not shameless kikes like ASW. (7 bucks for Elphelt's Sign costume? They outta their fuckin' minds?)

Sounds great on paper but I'll likely not get any mileage out of it.

**now i just need to git gud enough for it to actually matter

the invite on the steam group page is dead.

remember how hyped people were for sfv and 'based capcom' during the beta? wait until it's out & we know if the netcode is even passable

discord.gg/EZNsQke

Sounds just fine to me, not like I had the money for a PS4 anyway

Her CA is boring as fuck still goddamn it.

JURI, ALONG WITH MORE SUMMER ALTS DROP NEXT TUESDAY 7/26

eventhubs.com/news/2016/jul/21/new-street-fighter-5-summer-costumes-way-available-next-week/?page=1#c1010059

About damned time, having to start up CE to use her in battle lounges has started to get tedious.

Enjoy your ban

That Akiman Chun alt…damn.
Juri might have the best looking model but the crappy costumes render that moot. Chun has a very well done character model and, hands down, the best selection of costumes.

Incidentally, I don't care much for "sexy mods", but this one is undistilled boner fuel.

I'll keep waiting. KoF will keep me busy for the time being. I'm sure there will be a SFV Definitive-for-a-Month Edition at some point, with all the characters and one season of premium crap.

haven't banned me yet, even after salty PissStation4 owners whined :^)

DELETE THIS

Fuck outta here Capcop. This is a pre 1.40 zone.

I need this for Juri but with an unzipped training hoodie.

Go home, Ono. Your bull needs prepping.

The guy who did that also did a Juri cleavage mod. It's a start. (I'll admit all this stuff makes me jealous of the master race.)
brutalace.deviantart.com/art/Juri-Cleavage-Final-Edition-619746475

FUCKING FINALLY

OH FUCK SHE HAS HER EYE PATCH NOW

I'm content.

Oh shit, they actually uploaded it.

HOLY
MOLY
MY

DICK

Those are tight glutes

I LOVE YOU JURI!
pardon my autism

I'm a recovering Jurifag. Don't do this to me, Capcom.

gematsu.com/2016/07/street-fighter-v-adds-juri-july-26

Jesus Christ, I can't do this anymore. I was just past the point where Juri made my dick ascend through the heavens, and now she's back. Tfw her feet turn me on but I have to keep it a secret from everyone I know so they don't think I'm a degenerate.

Those flying Russkies though.
Christ, Capcom. Don't you even "proof-look" your press release screenshots?

As much as like to rag on Capcom, they did a really good job with Juri's character model. As did ASW with Dizzy. The Jew knows you have to toss the waifufag a treat every now and then. :^)

Ya blew it kid. Now we know. And we will never forget.

Why do waifufags like Juri so much anyway?

You think this would work? I wanted to play the demo with my bro this weekend

Why do waifufags like Mileena and Hisako as well?

They're all edgy cunts.

What happened to the eye-patch?

fuck

She takes it off for V-trigger and it stays off until the next round.

I like little details like that.

For me, it's a combination of several things. I like the design and palette, both VAs do a great job (EN one is audio porn), she's a fun character to see in motion, very expressive (but I think SFIV does a good job at this, even a character like Seth had very well done expressions) and I was fortunate that she immediately clicked with me in terms of gameplay. I've poor execution so characters with solid footsies are great for me.
And, admittedly, her original profile including "oppai" in her Likes made us kindred spirits. :^)

That said, I admit I'm not too crazy about her SFV look. Even if I think the character model itself is very well done, the way color is distributed in her default kinda triggers my autism while story and premium alts are downright ugly (premium doesn't even have a "non-Tumblr hair" palette to salvage it).
Also interesting to note that her model looks a lot more realistically proportioned than most of the other characters.

rush mode auto combos are safe
kof14 will die instantly if they don't turn rush mode off

I'm still unsure how to feel about this, but thanks I guess.

I don't like Juri, so don't worry about me.

About rush combos, kind of a stupid question but I've been meaning to ask - is it possible to duplicate them by normal means?
Still not familiar enough with the characters move set to be able to tell if the rush combo uses a sequence that can be replicated or if it has unique moves/moves that can't be linked into.

this is concerning, but probably not gamebreaking just annoying

i was trying to figure that out the other night, on the third hit of ioris rush he has a move i can't seem to be able to make happen with any input

stop talking about yourself for 5 god damn minutes

To be fair, I was talking about my waifu.

no you weren't., you are once again trying to make yourself noticed by reminding everyone who your waifu is, because apparently you are devoid of anything funny or interesting to say so you gotta keep telling everyone juri is your waifu

maybe it's a woman then.

Try focusing less on the one or two posts you didn't like and look at the 8 others you missed.

I get what you're saying, don't get me wrong, but I think you need to take a step back, untwist your panties, and look at this thread again. As far as I can tell, unless I'm directly asked, this is the first time itt where I've made such a comment. But I will take that all in mind when making future posts and be mindful of the words I choose to use.

Polite and apologetic sage

I guess Juri was finished after all

she looks shitty

I just fought a gold Chun.

Literally nerf this bitch to oblivion. If she sits on her ass you can fucking touch her.

I have a feeling you're better at proof reading than you are at SFV

It was more in how fast it was in with all the buffs to Jam and all the nerfs to all the top tiers…and Bedman and Jacko so a bit salty.

I do fine.

What are you supposed to do when all she does is mash jab. You can't jump, you can't dash.

Tried sweeping but the phenomenal hit
boxes trade. I thought this game had a priority system.

damnit i can't be mean when some one apologizes. either way i find your posts easily recognizable across many threads and felt the urge to call you out but now i feel like a jerk

Sorry about the sage, I accidentally left it there.

Don't worry about it, I found more than a grain of truth in what you said. There are times I try to be recognizable, yes, and I do take pride in my waifu, but this is an anonymous imageboard after all. I suppose I've just been letting my excitement get the better of me and posted shit without thinking.

But to keep this fightan related, have some SF-themed mixed drinks. they were serving them at the Eyecandy lounge during Bar Fights, the Sonic Boom was actually really good

And posted the wrong image, forgot to unsage, and realized I'm on my phone and don't have the right picture.

Wow, I'm having an off day.

savage

Alex has the best NY accent

I'm still annoyed that they thought to give her nerfs, but surprisingly it hasn't affected the way I play as Jack-O. I'm still able to pull off my combos even with the patch and still get wins. Maybe I'm playing as her differently, and I have noticed some differences in her frame recoveries, but I'm still kicking ass with her.

As for Sin and Johnny, I can understand Sin (even with nerfs he still seems really powerful), but I've been able to win my matches against Johnny players 9 times out of 10 even before the patch.

I like seeing Desk branching out

I like K.O.D, but I'm not seeing him as anything but a fun low tier character.
Maybe someone can make him work, just like Q in SF3.

Checked,

Im not upset how they nerfed her (Well the house nerf from level 4 - 2 is huge) but mostly how 2 of the oddball mid tiers aka Bedman and Jack O got nerfed for no apparent reason. A lot of other Jack o players are upset as well.

Like Faust and Millia got slight buffs wtf.

Goddamn, how are things going so right?

Elk Hunt is now -2 and uncharged Beak Driver is -10, almost all of his specials build 33% less meter, eat was changed so you don't get much out of it if you YRC it early, RTL ends if you don't hit with each stage, plus a bunch of damage nerfs. He's still good but he's not S-tier anymore.

Johnny's unblockable got changed to a stagger, he can still get a lot of damage off it if he RCs. 1.03 doesn't hit arcades until next week so we'll see what happens then.

I'm still a super bronze in SFV after 46 hours of gameplay, how do I get good at this game.

The 8 Frame Delay sounds tasty as fuck. I'm definitely going to try some of these out. I'm going to try to come up with some myself. Starting with Karin. Have to find something expensive though.

I'm right there with you user.

I'm gonna do my padhack. I have no solder braid and I don't know what wattage my iron is.

Wish me luck, lads.

Jesus Christ I remember when she first came out, seeing dem abs.

Learn as much about your character and other characters as possible. Plenty of tech should be cropping up now that EVO is over.

I didnt want to have to spend more money on my fight stick but I guess it cant be helped now since I have a PS4 now and KoFXIV looks really good.
might as well buy a new joystick while I'm at it

OY VEY

It works on all the consoles I own right now

nelson is the only character i can get a decent combo out of in the demo so far in this demo,
i'm pretty embarrassed how hard of a time i'm having controlling anyone in this demo when i had a good handful of characters i could use in some past KOFs before

playing MKX and guilty gear before a long fighting game hiatus made me weak

OY

FUCKIN VEY

Vanessa is so fucking hot.

she's cool it woulda be nice if she was back but hey

hows the shuffles going kiddo?

How is it a ""reveal"" trailer if we already knew she and Urien would be in the game. Shit, people have already played them in the story mode.

I must admit, I'm kind of excited to see this.

i feel like majority of fappers dont even play the game. they buy it purely out of supporting fapping material. im sure your money could go somewhere else

I just wait for retards to post screenshots.

why not just support something like affect3d?
why street fighter?

What do you mean support? Screenshots are free here nigga.

nigga 3 years playing fighting games and I still get stomped. You better show a video of your pro strats otherwise you need to
GIT GUD

BANNED

will practicing execution in plus r transfer over to xrd?

i keep getting dog/house sitting jobs over the weekend & it's eating up all my vidya time

It gets your hands used to the pace of Guilty Gear, so maybe. My first taste of GG was #Reload. It took me ages to go from Street Fighter speed to GG speed, and I'm still not fully there yet because I'm an old sack of shit now.

If I want to beat anyone truly good, I have to give up playing Millia or Jam and go back to bitch basic Ky and Slayer, because I drop their combos far less often and I have more brain power to think about defense.

Xrd actually has one more frame to its input buffer compared to +R. It should help.

High res version, courtesy of Ono. He's not entirely useless.
This costume will probably cost a fortune. Betting on $7-8.
Still waiting on that OL Chunners though.

For once I didn't let my hormones get the best of me. Capcom fucked up that hard.
Maybe I'll get the game at some point but 3-4 characters I find appealing (and none are new) and overpriced DLC is making that sell rather complicated.

Polite sage.

I mean, 8 dollars for a costume pack would be a bit much, but it'd be closer to what it should be at 2 bucks a costume rather than four.

Not talking costume pack, I'm saying Capcom might charge 7 or 8 bucks for this Akiman costume alone.
I mean, the luxury costumes for Chun-li and Cammy are $6 each.

These fuckers want the KT audience, those types of consumers are few but worth the risk in putting out lots of content at exorbitant prices because those rare whales buy absolutely everything.
Just look at DOA5 - close to $500 in season passes and all that without counting the DLC prior to the last iteration (Last Round).

Polite sage.

Fuck you might be right.

I really wish street fappers would make their own thread

Oh we got a special snowflake.

filtered

oh boy, guess a fighting game thread isn't the place for me then.

I wouldn't worry so much, since the skill involved is transferrable

well your hands have gotten used to it so transfer it to other combos

Four hours later and everything works except RB and LB because I grounded them to the wrong terminals I guess.

$40 total for a PS4 compatible stick is pretty nice.

I thought you said Birdie alt for Chun and I got really hype.

A bride alt is fine too, I guess.

what would a Birdie alt for Chun look like anyway?

So it looks like she has no ability to zone now. I guess she might still be cool.

Why is SNK so based?

Wish I could do those combos. For my the c.S whiffs after the jK j2H and I've no idea why.

Psycho Crusher is purple like Diablo's Rejuvenation potion

What's JURI's summer wear like? Are the guys getting summer wear like SF4 SCUBA Rufus?

Would you have sex with the feminine minx that is Ricky?

I know Ricky is, but is Gilty >she or actually she?

Ricky is NOT JURI

Same. I was really hoping for more.

I guess Capcom forget how to do long hair Juri even though she was done ok in SF4.

looks like the hues are awake

Christ, Ricky must hate him

Is it true that rush shit can get turned off in the full version of KOF14?

Don't know but it better have the option. shits safe on block

A good way to start is to drop the mentality of thinking 46 hours in a fucking fighting game means fuckall. It might be SFV, but still.

I got two hours into SF4 and got beaten 7 times in a row online, after it i completely dropped fighting games and especially that shit series.

Good luck getting better at any challenging game ever, mate. Sounds like you need to learn how to learn from your mistakes.

Street Shitter has too many buttons that do nothing, if they drop the shit game design from H M L attacks to just H and L the game would have been much better to get into and understand.
Don't blame me for Capcom's incompetence and sticking to archaic game design.

Are the KOF guys any good at balance?

It sounds to me that you are just a shitter.

With that mentality you may as well play Smash, you'll fit their community.

Ayy git gud, SF actually does something useful with their button layout sometimes.

Keep trying, dick sucking fanboys, you know i am right.

KOF has effectively an L H design. What do 95% of their top tiers have in common? Long range, relatively fast normals.

This trend is not one found in SF - while long range normals are good, in SF it doesn't automatically a top tier make.
Reflect upon this.

Mate I don't like SFV, but your mentality will not get you anywhere with any fighting game. SF is easier to learn than something like GGxrd or KOF in my opinion, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have depth, and that each attack isn't a useful tool. So maybe just play smash and be done with it.

Oh my god, you're serious. I'm laughing way too hard for this shit.
You're so fucking sad its hurting my sides, SF is easy and if you had problems with it, I would not recommend you to pick any other fucking fighting game.

That is why you'll fit Smash so well

When digimon rumble arena 2 has more variety in characters and moves than Shoto Fighter it's high time you change something about your dying franchise.

It's at 47 minutes 45 seconds. If I remember correctly embedded can't be timed. Basically the guy is asking that Top8 Commentators of Fightan be paid $750 a day+travel expenses+hotel.
In a community where 98% of tournaments winners would make less than that.

I cannot believe that you are this mad because you suck at games to the point that you drop them instead if, you know, getting gud and learning.

If you need to attack others because you have an inferiority complex, by all means, keep at it. But that won't make you better at anything.

The more you whine, the more I see you're a potential smash player.

What's funny is that i could beat anyone itt ez in Scrub Fighter 4 without even trying.
I have no intention of wasting my time on badly designed fighting games like this one.

Let's go back to your older post

Is this what capcom cucks tell themselves every night before they to sleep?

Dude, it's your attitude of blaming the game that everyone is bashing, not your skill

How come you're so good that you can beat everyone here but can't beat a single scrub online?

You had me sir.

You don't need to know a shit game when you have natural talent.

I meant the old ass Ryo and Kens master that shots diagonal fireballs and not that old assassin.

And yes, Guile is a shoto because he shots firebals and has a leg attack similar to dragon punch.

ALL OF THIS BACKPEDALLING RIGHT NOW

lol

Feel free to prove me wrong.
Protip faggot$, you can't.

Sonic boom has faster recovery across the board vs hadokens from other characters while also being slower when traveling across the screen, also the sonic boom in most SF games in the corner can be combo'd into after due to it's recovery.

Flash kick also on average launches them further away and pushing the user more forward then what a Shoryuken does while also having it's hitbox be around for longer making it easier to catch people in the air for it and in SF5 it's not even invincible on start up while having projectile invulnerability.

TLDR: git gud commie who can't see the difference between made in china hadokens and 100% pure breed American sonic booms

Guile's charge moves literally can not be performed on a keyboard and they come out randomly.
A complete waste of character space that should have been erased out of existence after first SF2 game.

why are you dumb niggas even still replying to him

It's like talking to a chat bot, you want to see what it'll say

That's a new one.

Keyboard is the only thing to use for SF and arcade sticks are a meme.

They're 200$+ and bring no advantage whatsoever over a keyboard or a controller.

Chat bot continues to amuse

Because SJW don't care about KoF or SNK.

Whenever I come across an Axl player I want them to do well, have fun, and get better at the game. I hate fighting Axl and find him pretty annoying, but I respect people that play as him. I feel sorry for Axl and want him to be popular and well liked.

I just played against an Axl player from Chile who had a terrible connection to me, but it was obvious he was learning the game so I felt I should spend some time training with him. Any other character and I probably would have avoided at all cost.

Capcom decides to speak directly to the community, "community" being the biggest Sony dickriders on the planet.
Haunts on neofag: I know there are a lot of questions surrounding the CPT DLC. I'm working on a FAQ to hopefully address everyone's concerns. I can assure you the majority of the revenue is being invested back into the Capcom Pro Tour. We didn't create this content with the intention of making a profit for ourselves, its to support the community.

So there, those €25 dollars for colors, a stage and a couple of costumes isn't for profit. Don't you want to fund more DLC support the community, goy?

Polite sage.

Try that on my Satsuki

It's basically "SFV didnt sell as we expected so we don't have enough money to pay for our own e-sports tourneys, pls halp".

That's what this DLC is about and I don't intend to support it either. If they cared for "donations with rewards" for their tourney they could sell such stage and skins cheaper or just give a cheaper bundle of the summer skins instead of EXCLUSIVE GOOD GOY DLC!

That's a funny way to spell "the programmers paid vacation"

Hold me. I'm fucking scared

Also Mage stance is so fucking broken it's hilarious when people gets caught by the switch as they want to be in Mage as much as they can. It doesn't do huge damage but you are supposed to build up Warrior charges but because it does so much potential and has so much screen control, people want to stay in Mage. You can hear the salt in real time if they leave their mics on when they go for a reset and Eyedol resets to Warrior.

ahahahahahaha

t. someone who can do charge inputs just fine on a keyboard

Uncontrollable stance switching is a bit bullshit though.

when I come across an Axl player who goes into stance when I have 50 meter, I laugh because I play May

Both stances are really good. Mage has lots of screen control and spacing but low damage while warrior gives you faster move speed and better damage at the cost of making it much easier to get in. And the switch happens after you start using mediums, heavies and special/shadows. You just need to be watching what you are doing and be ready to switch it up once you start unloading offense or pokes. You also have the option to force a switch by punching yourself two or three times (It only does chip levels though) so you can control what you are doing.

It's not as fustrating bullshit as playing Tira in SC. It's really a case of getting used to both movesets and screen control. Though once he pops instincts he gets both movesets at the same time and all his normals get even more properities. It's some UMvC3 Dark Phoenix level bullshit.

Great character to play. I think someone will take him far. Especially as he's a hard counter to Gargos in Mage stance.

I might be scrub tier shit at fighting games, but at least I'm not e2ffd8.

😂 👌

I wonder if Capcom is going to try and foist a "Doll season DLC". Waifufags can go nuts and they can save a shitload of money re-using stuff from Cammy's model and making DLC costumes that are the same for everyone.
That said, I admit I wouldn't mind if they added Satsuki and Juli to the roster. Satsuki could be interesting if they expanded on the sword move set and I used to pick Juli a lot in A3. Then again, that's only to enhance my spectator experience.
On a lorefag note, I don't like what they did with the Dolls in 5. For brainwashed killers, they got a bit too much personality.

They act like they're some poor, struggling indie dev and didn't have Sony paying a generous portion of the bill.

Inafune might have left Capcom but, in spirit, he's still there.

What's the betting on the need for pot begging being caused by Sony pulling sponsorship for CPT 2017 and not supporting the game past that date (Both companies will have likely had contractual obligations regarding game sale targets as well)

Kind of funny when you think about KI's story.

I don't know. Does stance switching pause the game or does it have it's own frame data?

When you say programmers you mean producers, right?

When capcom say they will use profits of the DLC shit to put back into the community, have they specifically said how? As in, bigger prize pools for players at tournaments and stuff? Obviously it's just going towards capcom shareholders pockets, but have they at least tried to lie?

I, too, play may, and this adds to me feeling sorry for axl.

They'd have to be really fucking jewish to release a pack of incomplete characters.

As for the dolls I liked a good number of them or at least the few specials they had.

See, I was thinking programmers because it would explain why the 8f delay hasn't been dealt with.

I think the producers are the programmers, which is why there's 8f of delay in the first place.

I was about to talk out of my derrière but after checking Unity, they state PlayStation 4 is now the presenting sponsor of the Capcom Pro Tour.
That said, I do find odd that Sony didn't push for the content, totally or partially, to be PS4-exclusive or have Sony/Playstation logos in the stage.

Nothing would surprise me at this point.

It still baffles me that they have done fuck all about that. As someone who primarily plays on PC, switching to PS4 for EVO was pretty harsh, dropped simple combos, fucked up meaty timings; I think PS4 players should be commended on learning to work with it after their 60 lashes, one for every dollar they spent on a broken version

It does a small one second zoom in like it would activating instinct so both players know it's happening along with Eyedol chaning color from red to purple. Also it can't switch Mid-Combo like Tira does either (I love how Tira plays in SC but holy shit the stances are a nightmare to get used to with the RNG)..

If you start a combo loop in one stance, it will end in that stance as there's no switching. The interesting part will be how players adapt for resets because thats when RNG can hit you.

It wouldn't make sense from Capcom's point of view. What happens if Sony doesn't sponsor the CPT next year? They'd either have to put in more work editing all the stages, or drop it entirely. It's easier to do it this way.

Viper and someone's aunt cosplaying WW confirmed for Injustice 2: Iron Men Among Us.

Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=Hzhp6-Kdxjw

When's Injustice 2 fam?

Dizzy is pretty fun, but I can't figure out her neutral game for the life of me

Trolling SRK never gets old (Smash players are the best ones to fuck with knowing how horrible they are).

I wish KI wasn't shitty (fuck Season 3), yet interesting at the same time. I really want to learn and git gud at the game, but I feel like no one out of California [and lolJapan] takes the game seriously, making it feel pointless to learn all the characters for matchups. It doesn't help the fgc is hypocritical with KI, MS was sleazy af with all the bundles, and Season 3 is mostly ugly shite.

I must be the only person here excited for Eyedol. Tusk and Eyedol are the only guys with decent Classic costumes (How do you ruin Gargos's classic? I can understand Kim because she was a horrible KI2 character, but Gargos?!).

Getter Robo Armageddon was shit. The 2004 version was actually good. Go watch a real Getter Robo series.

That was not the case in the past. I'm waiting until August before I claim SNK to be saviors (I'm not trying to ruin your happiness, but they've disappointed me in the past).

Yup, it's balanced guys!

I tried to git gud, but it was kinda hard with my area's scene falling apart. The only time I experienced both fun and wanting to git gud was when my old turf had Tekken 5 in the arcades. I tried to go there every weekend to play with Kuma (Kuma has been my main for years). I tried to get into Dark Resurrection, but the machine's card slot wouldn't let me make a Kuma profile. I lost $10 that way.

Until I bought KI (and gave up), I dropped fighting games when I got sick of the bullshit from the fgc and companies like Arcsys, Namco, NRS, and Capcom. I want to play Tekken 7, but I'm skipping it if Kuma's won't be in FR even if he's a disc-locked character for the console version. I will be disappointed if he's not in the arcade version, yet they might add some slutty Vampire bitch that was garbage-tier in a shitty Tekken game no one took seriously after adding that fat, broken faggot Bob (Fuck Bob. That fat faggot was bullshit good, and boring to watch).

That autist didn't even try to balance Akuma. All he did was add some really retarded moves like fake fireball for Ryu, and made the damage scaling even worse. Sirlin is an autistic hack.

This. KoF isn't big like SF, and they need to see the reaction before they try dlc.

I'm still baffled knowing Mika and Laura are wearing more clothes in a fucking bikini dlc while Chun-Li and the rest can show off their tits (it's the hypocrisy that irritates me).

I don't know anyone who said they would fuck Mileena and Hisako like waifus. The Mileena thing was supposed to be a joke.

Some mistakes take more time to learn from. Don't quit like a bitch.

Maybe fighting games aren't your thing.