Ty the Tasmanian Tiger

I've never seen anyone on Holla Forums other than myself talk about this this game. Let's change that.

What do you fools think about this game? I always considered it a few steps above average. The soundtrack was absolutely great, and the Aussie flavor was something I'd never experienced before, so that made it seem more fun.

Discussion can extend to the rest of the series, though I can't really comment since I never finished Bush Rescue and only got a hand held version of the third.

Am I just wearing nostalgia goggles?

I am curious as well since I have never played it. For anyone that has played this as well as Crash bandicoot, gex, mario or sonic games, spyro, or even jak and daxter how does it stack up? How are the controls, does it have good characters and level design, and more importantly is it fun?

I remember I got extremely butthurt about something about Ty 2 years ago and can't seem to recall what it was

Ty 1 was a fantastic collectathon.
The other ones were awful.

I think it's one of those games where if you go back and replay it, you'll realize that it's stank shit. I did the same with Star Fox Adventures recently.
I really wanted to write up like a 60 page analysis on that game.

The controls were fine, the characters and environment were fun, the level design was good, and the game was an overall fun collectathon. I'm posting the OST.

its worth a pirate if you

Was it your first? That's my only explanation.

My first what? Game? Fuck no. I think my first game I played was Doom for PS1.

I suppose I should explain why I liked it though. I was a kid and it was my first StarFox Game. I knew there were other StarFox games before it but I never got them.

No, your first Star Fox. I can't comprehend you playing a previous one, liking it, then playing Adventures and liking that.

That explains it.

just curious how old R U?

About the only thing i remember from that aside from all the 'STRAYLIA was TY being a fucking manlet, to the point where even his GF was taller than him.

Why does it matter? How old are you?

This was true of Ratchet, too. I'm guessing it makes it easier for your character to interact with the environment/enemies.

THE CONTROLS IS THE WORST FUCKING THING EVER, HOLY FUCKING SHIT ITS SO FUCKING B A D AND THEN THE CAMMERAMERA IS D I C K K K K ! K! ! !!!!!!!, WOWOWOWO RIHGT BACK AT YA FUCKING SHIT MEME DOWN UDNER MEMEMMEMEMEM GAMEMEMEM!!!!!!!! LOLOL OTWO BOMERANGESGESTF FUCKING NIGGER FAGGOT RETARRD. UGLY MARIO 64-TIER COLOUSR AND DUMB ASS DUMB LOUD FUCKING SOUNDS THAT TEAR MY EAAAARRRRRRRRSSSSS, BOSSES ARE GAY AND G A Y, NO DIFFICULTY, YOU JSUT RESPAWN WITH NO PNEALTY BECAUSE SHIT GAME
but the music is pretty good

Ty 3 was great.

Ty 1 = 7.5/10
Ty 2 = 6/10
Ty 3 = 5.5/10

It was below average when it came out, I keep seeing more and more people praise shit games just because they are old. Its most likely your nostalgia goggles. However with the state of gaming nowadays itll probably be considered good, says more about [CURRENT YEAR] than the game itself.

TAZ HATE WATER!!!

ah nostalgia

because my first game was mario on nes and you made me feel old but we are acuatly the same age

Why was that your first? Poor or 3rd world or just happenstance?

You shouldn't read too much into just a person's first game. First game I ever played was some Atari 2600 game, which would imply I'm a lot older than I am. It's just, it was already pretty old when I played it. When you're a little kid you play whatever you can get your hands on. Eventually I got with the times and a SNES.

So the question is, was that Mario game new when you first played it?

Ty 1 > Ty3 >Ty2

You dont see Holla Forums ever discussing these sorts of games, they were fun but they were also forgetful. Tak 2: The Staff of Dreams is an example.

Well, I only played the first TY, Im assuming the rest are collectathons too?
Solid platforming, camera is a bit wonky to control. The level design is top notch though the levels do get repetitive (its a collectathon after all). Music is okay, fits well with the Aussie theme, found myself not skipping cut-scenes just because I found the theme interesting (despote cut-scenes in a platformer being a big no-no for me).

It does feel slightly off, the controls arent too good and the liberty of movement is sub-par when compared to Mario or Jak. It does the collectathon aspect as good as Spyro but not much else. It certainly doesnt have Crash level design. Overall, give a try.

In case no one here knows, Ty has been in EA on steam and we're getting close to when it should be complete, they listed Q3 of this year. What's worrisome is that they are surveying to see if people want a KS for the second game on PC before the first one is complete.

WHAT!?

You can suck my dick. Ty is still fun and controls smooth as butter.

Was playing it recently on Dolphin. Gameplay is incredibly smooth, the swimming controls don't make me want to die, but the camera is shit

Daily reminder that the first Ty game has a PC port now

Star fox adventures is a good game, except for the ending. It's just not a good star fox gamw.

they're doing it because people didnt want ty as much as they said they did. it sold like shit so far. they're the only devs i've seen so far that are actually extremely dedicated to what they do so i don't mind it much.
i dont understand these autistic statistics, someone help

I didn't even KNOW about the re-release until someone in the thread mentioned it. It's still in Early Access, and I don't consider that a released state, so I won't be touching it until it's done. But I do miss Ty.

its fuckin done already. game's 100% playable without bullshit glitches or game breaking bugs. their only focus right now is finishing the texture upressing. it got the anti aliasing update and its perfectly functional.

Well shit, I wish I'd fucking known.

i don't really know any good way they could get the news out. Word of mouth is often the most helpful.