Help Holla Forums

My little brother and nephew are huge Fallout fans, but I'm a Deus Ex fan. How do I convince them that Fallout is pleb-tier garbage compared to Deus Ex?

Only the first Deus Ex is good, fuck off.

Fallout is great.
Deus Ex is great.
Kill Yourself.

Make your own arguments like an intelligent person.

fallout is mediocre, deus ex is so-so. you both have garbage taste

You're failures.

If you're talking fallout 4 than they are already lost

They're Fallout 4 fans – I doubt they've ever played Fallout 1 or 2, or even New Vegas for that matter.

I have a feeling that this is a thinly-veiled D&C thread to create a wedge between Fallout fans and Deus-Ex fans and weaken the Holla Forums community.

go be autistic somewhere else

the same goes for you too OP

On one hand, fallout has three really good games (1,2,NV) and two functional although a bit boring open world exploration games (3,4), also a couple of not bad Brotherhood of Steel games and an abomination of a mobile game.

On the other, Deus Ex has a phenomenal game (1), a downright awful game (IW), a good game (HR), a mobile game abomination even bigger than the previous one (Fall) and the next game isn't even out yet.

I might like the original Deus Ex more than all of the games mentioned, but you gotta admit that Fallout has more quality as a franchise. Deus Ex has two good games, Fallout has at least 5 and a couple serviceable ones.

That's so generous you must be Santa.

Well, first you should post your dick

I might have hated everything about Fallout 4's story and it's stomping on the lore, but it's settlement system got into the autism part of me so quickly I had to remind myself about minecraft autism. It has potential to be played for about 30 hours instead of those 15 I put into it. It is not an RPG anymore, but exploring things might be interesting since bobbleheads/magazines/crafting is based on it now.
I wouldn't call it good but I wouldn't call it terrible. I'd just say it's meh, serviceable.

fuck off kid

But the settlement system is so extremely limited and without purpose, how could anyone be sucked into it? There is also no reason to explore since the story and side quests are so poorly written (we agree on this I see), not to mention that the item and levelling system offers no sense of progression after just a few levels. It's terrible alright, unworthy of meh even

The settlement stuff failed to work on a "I'll build a cool looking town" level, because of how terrible the building tools were without snapping or being able to level ground so everything had to be raised up.
On a game play level they didn't work either. Beds were stupid as fuck, since you didn't need the beds accessible by your settlers and it was better to have them sealed off since the settlers could respond to attacks quicker. The benefits of having a working settlement was fucking negligible. You'd get some caps every time you visited but that could be earned in no amount of time, probably less even if you could do some """""speech""""" checks. Without the Trader perk or whatever it was called to make managing the settlements not feel like you were pulling teeth.
The exploration wasn't good either, thanks to the glory of level scaling, and the Glowing Sea, one of the few things from Fallout 4 I'll happily defend as it felt like the only part of the map that didn't want you to be in, can easily be traversed with some power armour, that you get from the second quest.

I often see people say that Fallout 4 is a good game, but a shit Fallout game as though that makes it any better. This is false. It's a shit Fallout game, and a shit game too.

Tell them I agree with you. That should set them straight.

I tolerated the deficiencies in the settlement system to a degree, as it satisfied me in an autistic way. But eventually there just became apparent too many flaws to ignore. The straw that broke the camel's back came after a raider attack on Sanctuary. Until then I had been rather disappointed I had never been present for any of these raids, despite hearing settlers discuss their outcomes, and so had never been able to see my defenses in action. I had been very careful with my border wall, ensuring that absolutely nothing could get in except through the gate. Near the entrance a second wall had been added, with the gates offset, so that anyone entering had to travel some distance down a narrow corridor with no cover. This corridor was lined above with large numbers of turrets, meaning any hostile trying to enter would be mowed down relentlessly. At various likely points of approach the wall had also been supplemented with watch posts, so that any enemy approaching from a different direction need not get near the gate at all.

The raiders spawned on the doorstep of my settlers' dormitory, so far inside the settlement they were out of range of the turrets.

You're retarded.

Bad clip, m8. This one fits better.