Details you love in a videogame

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lojFjt58YYE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The controls*

what other games besides Ratchet and Clank do this?

Ape Escape 2 had a special weapon that you got from that.

I've never seen a copy of Ape Escape 1 in my life.

I still don't know what that weapon was like.

Etrian Odyssey had a password system between 1 and 2. Entering a password got you a special item, and I want to say the game was harder.

The newest monster hunter actually has this.

Gran Turismo 4

What game besides Dorf Fort does that?

The Mount and Blade series

You can do it in Warband, as well as Civ V. It's probably possible in a shit-tonne of other GSGs, but I haven't played them.

Europa Universalis and Crusader Kings, thats all to my knowledge

Command and Conquer.

How?

T R I B E S

PSTD time?

Fuck that password system to hell

Just about finished 失われし時代 now, only have RNGing equipment (got the bigger ones done), killing the bonus bosses and the ending+final boss to deal with, and only the last part has any significant text to deal with (unfortunately don't have a code to add mind read to ガルシア or ロビン for the Nipponese version).

You know Japanese but have difficulty with tsu and shi?

If you're not playing Dragon Quest, you wasted your time

You cam port over your parts and AC schematics in most Armored Core games

game?

It's collective from different games. Neoscavenger, Morrowind, LoZ TP, Resident Evil, and Glover

gay

Elite Dangerous. You have to git gud at poking and prodding the background sim but once you do you're the cold war era CIA in space.

The Baldur's Gate series. There's this ongoing easter egg involving pantaloons. There's a golden pair in BG1, a silver pair in BG2 SoA and finally a pair of bronze pantalettes in BG2 ToB. If you collect them all you can get some seriously OP fun items near the end of ToB.

Yugioh Tag Force on PSP gives you certain cards much earlier for having previous Tag Force saves.

Also, some RPGs that let you carry over your character(s), like Trails in the Sky and Wizardry.

So many games fail at this

:^)

also

>Zero has a whole bunch of responses if you try backtracking through a loading zone blocked off area.

The first Duke Nukem (a platformer) did this, though it was points rather than currency. A can of coke would be the basic healing item. But if you shot the can of coke it would bottle-rocket up in the air and if you were quick enough to grab it you would earn extra points (but no health).

digital devil saga

No it isn't, i het you love handholdy games faggot.

whats that one jet ski game where if you did something weird in the option menu it would turn the announcer into a depressed dickhead?

The birthday sequence was literally the best part of that incomplete mess MGSV. I cried when I saw it for the first time.

Hell, any game that acknowledges your birthday is special, like the surprise birthday party in X & Y.

Hotline Miami 2

RTMF?

Read The Fucking Manual

Wave Race?

Too bad the actual racing is shit

what games?

yeah wave race is it
vid for any anons who havent seen it

GTA 3D build a franchise of it.

Is there any game other than vid related that does this?

In Mega Man ZX, if you have the previous two games released by them, Mega Man Zero 3 and 4, you can put them in your DS's GBA slot and it'll open access to an ultimate secret boss. If you beat the boss, you win his entire moveset.

What happened to manuals? They were awesome, especially when they had things like secrets, art, and pictures of TV screens. Now they're just legal shit in ten languages.

You can cut costs this way. I miss them too.

Mystery Dungeon games, especially the first Torneko and Shiren ones

3DS games usually have manuals. They usually don't have too much info, but it's still better than nothing.

That's dumb, they could just put a link and a QR code on the same piece of paper the legal shit is on and it wouldn't cost that much.

Lego Star wars did this

When I don't have context and I have to make sure all of them are correct? Yes, it's a pain in the ass.

DQ games are either kana only or have superior versions I can't emulate yet.

Dragon Ages did this

Not sure if Mass Effects did

I believe all Naruto games on ps3/360 had it since 2. If you had a savefile for a previous game you got a hokage skin. That was the only way to get it.

I'd say DMC4 but you could play as different characters in all of the games.

(checked)
What games?

Skyrim is truly the greatest gift to mankind.

I was thinking of DMC4 too, but holy fuck fighting Kiryu in the beach was a nightmare

budokai tenkaichi 2 and 3 if I remember correctly. If you put in the other games in this menu it gives you a special modes.

They cost too much and take too much time for artists off of the actual game
Children's vidya like 3DS stuff still have them, some are more artsy than others but we will never go back to the Wario World tier ones

Also bonus points if you start fighting really anonymous looking goons and end up defeating an antichrist and a radicool boss along the way, games should really mix and match their enemy design

The original Need for Speed Most Wanted had all of thosd besides the random drivers and the bigheads iIrc.
Also: best tuning system of them all. I spent hours driving my hyper Golf through the city.

Both the new (1+2) and the new Doom had this. Great shit.
Just two Imps in the first room, and your 5 shots in the pistol.

What? Did you never learn about hardening?

I'm a blacksmith. "Hardening" is brittling. Heating up softens steel, how soft or hard(brittle) it ends up depends on how quickly it is cooled.

Get fucked nerd.

name several
2 are enough

Ace Combat 5 gave you one of the best planes in the game if you had 04 save data, if I remember correctly.

Ace Combat Zero also unlocks the secret weapon Aircraft from 04 and 5 if you have saves from those games too.

Eternal Darkness may be very dated right now but the horror of seeing an error screen mid game is definitely more terrifying than any next gen AAA gory and spooky hyper realistically textured humanoid blob.
Also so very few horror games use silence at all, what the fuck is up with that

That sounds cool, user, whatcha got?

What do you mean by this

Suikoden IV > Suikoden Tactics
You needed a save file woth all 108 Stars, you get 2 characters.

Tales of Symphonia > Tales of Symphonia 2
Got gels, money and shite

or

I fucking loved the little hub levels in Lego Star Wars 1/2 and I think Indiana Jones. I think they went in the wrong direction by going with big sprawling open-world hubs Lego City Undercover was still decent, though

That second one sounds like Pokémon

Though the only time I really noticed was Christopher Randolph in the MGS games

FPS

GTA Clones

General shit

Bethesda games in general

The crashing one sounds like the Blue Sphere select in the Lock-on Sonic games

and
command&conquer

When a game has a button with no other purpose that to entertain you.
Some have a little dance, you could argue the souls series has several.
Transistor had a button you could hold to make the MC sing alongside the game OST.

DaS1 is truly a one-off deal that 2 and 3 do no justice to, like a classic 80s/90s Disney movie followed by its shitty direct-to-VHS sequels.

Also

That feel is a terrible feel.

>if you play your cards right you can afford one item

There is worse.
I feel truly sorry for her. What do you think happened to her? Why did she chose humans over her own kind?

Say that again and try talking like a normal human being this time

>sequence breaks intentionally left in by developers

What do you mean by sequence break…?

Bless these clumsy ass grunts

Google it, you fucking moron.

Bully this faggot.

;-;

You're cruising for a bullying, faggot

Wow I'm retarded

Game?

Ayylium Lmaolation is kinda like that. The alien is spooky and there are no jump scares. There's a lot of tension when you're first learning how the alien works.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of The Earth

Why do devs not know how to do this. It's literally the difference between full immersion and 0 immersion. Only game I played recently that did it was Gothic.

Cargo Commander has a button t make your character say "fuck you"

Taunting should always give a boost of some sort to your opponent.
If you're cocky enough to taunt then you should be confident enough to beat them even with a handicap.

Wargame.
That's an RTT though, which is vastly supperior to RTS anyways.

I feel like the only one on Holla Forums that played this hidden gem

Hub is fine, like in Diddy Kong Racing, but this "muh open world" need for speed cancer needs to stop.

The more they try to be artsy fartsy with this shit and the cringeworthy story elements, the more the game fails.

Just make a game that has a good balance between arcade and simulation that takes skill to master, and which has a difficulty curve that is engaging.

A good racing game hooks the newbie and keeps the pro challenged and motivated.

I remember PS1 era NFS3. It ran like shit FPS-wise, just like every other game from that era, but that was bearable because of normalcy bias and the fact that it was a good racing game period.

Also WHERE DID CIRCULAR TRACKS GO!

They don't have to be racing circuits. But now, these story driven shitfests have linear tracks due to story or muh open world.

Despite being thoroughly shit, at least Driveclub had some circular tracks that were not racing circuits, I'll give it that.

That's because Nintendo filed a patent on the game systems of Eternal Darkness so that nobody else could ever do something similar.

I need games like this. Do you have any examples?

Shogi Meguro has a hard-on for shit like that; compare embed related and youtube.com/watch?v=lojFjt58YYE . I have a hard-on for it, too

YES, but also, WHY.

In Guilty Gear if you taunt it gives your opponent free meter, about 10%.
If you taunt after winning a round it gives the opponent free 50% meter at the start of the next round.

My niggah.

these are all the same game. Anyone who knows what game is my nigga

The copyright system was a mistake

I doubt the current ways of doing things are even close to the best way, but they also serve a purpose. Well, less serving, more like patching a hole.

I hate video ga,es

same

*sa,e

GORGEOUS MY STAGE
This game, musical masterpiece.
Just about every track has been burned into my mind and it's been over 10 years since i played it.

I think that the biggest issue is that copyright lasts far too long and that too much shit can be protected by big corps.

At any rate some more ones

Any RPG that does this? Except for NV.

New Vegas has unscripted faction wars? Excuse me?

Well I was referring specifically to Steambot Chronicles, that game is surprisingly lax as to what you want/can do. You don't have to follow the story at all even. I've also heard Metal Saga is like this, I haven't played that one though so I have no idea if you can throw morality out the window.

It was the closest thing I could think of, aside from Mountain Blade.

Loads and loads of old RPGs did that, Wizardry being one notorious example.

Look up Might & Magic: Worlds of Xeen for two games that combine into one if you have both installed.

Dem censors dun goofed

someone doesn't play warframe

Eversion - There's a free version online that's not very different from the one on Steam.

Though there's some small jumpscare moments when large demonic hands pop out from some pits you have to jump over when you get to the later levels. But that's not exactly the same kind of jumpscares that are overused and the sound they make is rather soft.

I like it in JPRGs when you can examine nearly everything and they all have their own little description.

Mein negern.

The new Sonic game better have this.
Come to think of it, this is just the modern extention of the old RPG thing where there were low beeps for male dialogue and high beeps for female dialogue.

>autistically detailed waifu simulators character design systems

what game?

paper mario

Explain

Spyro 2 double jump for days

To be honest stuff like the hover-glitch in SA2 makes the game legitimately more bearable in some sections, especially the space ones.

Slightly related to this.

all that shit sounds like revengeance except for the
bit

Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter was an alright game.

Fourth one is Custom Robo.

Game? Also tfw Akai will never draw nude Tharja again

Fucking kill yourself.

Crypt of the Necrodancer:

Dishonoured does this. If you kill a lot of guards they will insult you, and ask you how many wives you have made widows by now.
Feels good man.

All of these games sound great, what are they? Except 2, I'm 99% sure you mean Etrian Odyssey.

It's not joining the bad guys, but Soul Nomad and the World Eaters has the Demon Path.

I cared more for the "enemies admiring your sorta-mercy" part but okay

Stop making me cry anons

MGS3 has you fight harder and more enemies if you ruthlessly murder through waves of 'em, Spec Ops the Line does the whole banter thing but I think there's some other game that does that.

Furi

Fourth one is actually Sonic 3D Blast.

While it was save points instead of health pickups, this was a nifty surprise in Shovel Knight.