DEMOs

When was the last time a game had a (try before you buy) demo? Should companies do this more often?

Pic related.

NuDoom

Why put effort on it when pirating exists?

Companies should do this more often.

Didn't they release a demo after it's denuvo got cracked?

You joke, but I see seven characters (Kyo, Iori, Mai, Sylvie, King of Dinosaurs, Shuwhatever, Nelson) with five (or six?) costumes each, a versus mode, training mode, and a tutorial.
I can't use my fightstick, but I'm assuming that it's because it's a demo.

I know there was one for Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

Ideally companies should do them more often, but I think the general idea these days is that if you're making a shitty game, why bother to let people play part of it and conclude it's bad before you've already got their money? Wouldn't shock me if these days demos lose more potential sales than they bring in, though that's perhaps more on devs that make garbage than actually good games.

It's cool and all, but the demo is only on PS4. I know it's coming out on PC so I'm not going to buy a PS4 to play a demo.

There's a demo? Fuck yes. Also, Nioh is getting another one August 23.

Last time I played a demo was a few months ago, trying out Dual Gear's Pre Alpha demo.

S'cool

A second demo? Holy shit.

I want people to stop shilling KOF XIV, really , it's not going to save gaming, nor fighting games, it's a ps4 exclusive, and it will live for a couple months at best assuming brazilians and spics that own a ps4 are still interested in this tired franchise

You underestimate just how fed up a lot of people are with Capcom and their handling of SFV. Seriously, go look at the comments on the recent Pro League DLC announcement. I think they'll take anything that isn't designed around DLC or a lack of content.

nah, GG Revelator was supposedly hyped here too, as another SF V option, and it went silent shortly after release.

Like I said, look beyond Holla Forums. You're not going to get much in depth discussion on fightan outside the general and XIV supposedly being a PS4 exclusive won't help much in the way of that as well. Casuals and pros alike are looking for something else and I'm only seeing more interest on the trailers. It used to be criticism about the graphics and such, but I don't see that anymore. KoF may not be in the spotlight with SF, but I think it's going to bring in a ton of new players. I guess we'll see though. Going to download the demo when I get a chance.

Except it's still being discussed in the Fightan threads - frequently.

demo made me want to get gud more really

Yeah, it's called piracy.

King of Dinosaurs is really good despite his speed once you get JD down.

Is your stick a PS3 stick? Because those don't work in the demo, but will for the full release.

People like to pretend communities are dead when they don't reach SF numbers. VF5:FS is considered "dead" by many, but I still get a decent amount of matches online whenever I play. Especially on weekend mornings, fuck loads of japs play, fun tims.

I haven't tried it since I don't have a PS4 but KOF chaining has always been a smidgen more precise than other games, you'll get used to it.

yeah i'm gonna have to put some proper time in to get the swing of chaining again, especially since the last fighters i played a lot were GG and MKX

Another thing KOF does is that you can special cancel from any point of your normals IIRC, this is mainly significant in that it can be done during the start-up on the normal.

Companies definitely should provide more demos for their games, or even a free beta test much like they did with Ni-oh. Though the game may be good or bad, providing a demo shows that the company is willing to show customers and potential customers that they are willing to give us something to help decide whether if the game's good or bad and if they want to buy the game or not. Problem is, most companies see demos as hurting sales more than helping them, and since most companies are wanting as much money out of a game as possible, they either don't release a demo or only give out a beta test to people who pre-order the game first. demos show that they are confident their product is good enough to give people a taste of what said game is about and are confident enough that people will buy the full game after trying it. Hell, a lot of us who pirate games are doing it for the fact that there's no demo for the game and want to try it before they buy it.

Probably not, I was going to buy KOF 14 until I played the demo, now I'm just waiting to pick it up used in a few months.

Man that theme you get is god awful.

i knew that, that's pretty cool

i just have more trouble getting my normals to connect in the demo than i have in any other game i've played, even other KOFs, but i bet i can fix that with a little bit of research when information comes in

It is way too busy. I put it on, threw up in my mouth a little bit, and when back to my Black Cat theme.

Does anyone consider F2Ps as a demos?

Tanks

shit KoF game

It is indeed a PS3 fightstick with (alleged) compatibility with PS4. Hopefully, as you say, it'll work when the game is released.

EAs new NFS, does anyone know if there's a crack or something for the trial?

This. Holla Forums is too obscure to represent the casual view of a fighting game but also way too unskilled and ignorant to give them a proper competitive discussion. KoF will remain niche in comparison to Capcom since its brand is just not as strong, nor is its marketing in any way comparable to what Capcom and SF's community will provide, but it will have success for the reasons given.

I still want a fuckin' PC demo

Nah, F2Ps give the complete game to you unless they're absolute shit. That's too much to call it a demo.

Holla Forums is also casual as fuck when it comes to fighting games. All you see are a few people playing fight and then 30 people complaining about how character is OP, and then the rest saying how much they love SFV and the hot new meme games

Numoomdood had it for a week and it was great because I got to see that everyone claiming that it was actually good were actually just casual faggots in disguise, and since the game has Denuvo the demo was the only way I could know without giving Bethe$da my shekels.