Can we have another Advance Wars thread going? Because the former thread gone kill

Can we have another Advance Wars thread going? Because the former thread gone kill.

Anyone else wants another game from this fantastic and unique franchise with these high-tier, unforgettable characters namely COs?

What about playing at awbw.amarriner.com? Or do you prefer VBALink or Desmume (ignore desmume though i know it's shit tier and full of lag)?

Nell is my waifu thread

What the… I used my name field as the subject! Oh no, no, no…

So what do I play after the first AW? What do I avoid? I know one or two of them are crap. I already played Battalion Wars if that counts.

nothing

Reminder that Days of Ruin was the best advance wars game

all games are good.

most polished, but dual strike was 1000 times more fun, albeit imbalanced

Yes, OP. Yes I do.

You avoid nothing, they're all good.

Play them in order, from 1->2->DS->DoR. 1-DS are in the same setting, and by the time DoR comes around you'll crave a system change-up.

days of ruin wasn't even much more balanced
the characters were all either vanilla as fuck (+1 attack or movement rane or firing range) or underpowered as shit (penny, admiral whatever the fuck, etc)

it had some improvements, but overall it took out way too fucking much. no tag powers, no added game modes, no hard campaign, no minigames. not even a fucking shop to unlock anything in. some of the unit changes (battleship being OP as hell) and the quicker gameplay were fun, though.

I agree.

Best waifu coming through

Look out, best CO coming through

good

Wished some games had more cunts like Lin.

I really wish there was more cute fanart of the female COs, I'm hurting for some non-schizoid Lash
Just go by the motions mate, I love AW2 over all the others but getting from the first to the last game is the best experience. I don't really like Days of Ruin because it looks like vomit but it's actually an alright game.

Honestly, given the track record of Nu-tendo and all their related companies barring the guys who made Splatoon… No, I'd rather the games kept on living in my heart and thanks to fanmade contributions (the non autistic kind, so non fanfic-tier stories and Original the Characters) than have a Fates-like reboot with tank petting and mollycoddling difficulty settings and tumblr fanbases.

You're right, but it had the best character in the franchise

All the COs are good, even Flak and Juggler if you get lucky with them

Flak and Jugger don't even need a massive skill investment, they just need you to be willing to abuse their luck since it does additive damage; mechs and infantry can ruin a neotank's day with enough tries.

Also have a Tabitha.

V-vulgar!

You're thinking of Nell, they can also backfire of the same amount of damage, maybe a bit lower
Flak is the most punishing one but it's fun to use him and frustrate and confuse your opponent to no end by half skillfully playing as opposed to your character and half bum rushing him praying to the RNGods.

I very much liked the new, cleaned-up unit roster in DoR and was… okay with the rest of its gameplay changes. And HATED the change in art direction and overall tone. Seriously, HATE.

So yeah, I'd love another Advance Wars game, but only if they go back to the classic characters and art direction and overall presentation. I loved the old look, it's seriously what got me into the series in the first place, at which point the gameplay kept me hooked. Normally games in its genre have art direction and characters I couldn't care less about.

Post good screenshots from the games.

I prefer the US version, but why were they done? The only change I get in localisation there is changing Red Star to Orange Star.

I guess, as crazy as it might sound, to make the game "more mature". Notice they're all in some sort of actual militaristic attire and aren't dressed like they got out from a cosplay convention.
Also this was a time when companies actually gave a shit and probably tested the Jap waters and noticed no one really dug the weird designs before changing them when porting them over. Had it been done today, the characters would have stayed the same but the shit like Blue Moon and Black Hole's icons would have been censored.

To make them somewhat resemble a military force

Quite a few of them are crap, but it's easy to avoid them since they're all Japan only.

That don't look like Colin or Max to me buddy, so I think you've done goofed.

Lowering the bar for CO abilities was a significant part of why DoR was so much more balanced. It's baffling looking back at something like Hyper Upgrade and realizing it's bad because there's so much more bullshit farther up the totem pole.

I'll give you hard campaign. We really needed that. Things like Survival and Combat were pointless filler, though. Tags and skills were cancer.

I don't see the point in having to grind Spann Island or the first few chapters of Hard mode a hundred times in order to fill out the character select and war room, especially by Dual Strike when half the stuff I was unlocking was already available to me in AW2. DoR had a progressive war room where you unlocked maps by clearing the ones adjacent to it, which made far more sense.