ITT The most absurd ending to a video game where you can't tell if the writing is supposed to be retarded or not

ITT The most absurd ending to a video game where you can't tell if the writing is supposed to be retarded or not.

I'll go for the low-hanging fruit with ME3

Kind funny how Black Ops 2 managed to get a better treatment by have various ending and respected your choices, but ME3 failed at doing this miserable.

It's hilarious. Bioware spent the entire development cycle bragging about all the endings and the depth with your choices and a fucking Call of Duty game outperformed them.
I didn't even know the dad could survive until I poked through the game files to see the ending stuff I missed and what's even better is that end is locked behind an obtuse action that only gets a small hint depending on how you do in a mission at the beginning.

skip to 8:04 because timed embeds still don't work

Indigo Prophecy. How the hell did the second half of the game get made without the entire staff rioting? It's pure insanity that Cage was able to get the entire studio to sign off on that story.

Guess the franchise

Sounds like super robot wars OG sub series. Well except bigger threat is evil aliens.
Who also tried to "save" your from even more evil aliens.
Who just wanted a hug.

Man fuck ZTD, all that wait and hype for a poorly made game with SUPER CONVENIENT plot twists. Like seriously EVERY twist that happened barely had any build up, it just conveniently happened. Fuck mind hacking

Not to mention the hallmark of zero escape is being all meta. Having the player play as all three teams and making the decisions for them was transparently a setup to make the player a character within the story. But no, it's just some faggot.
I'd halfway forgive it if at least there was any payoff to D-team's big twist, but all you get is a hug. Where's my sigma/phi banter post-reveal, kike chunsoft ? Where is it ?

Almost anything Japanese.
I swear, their entire race has some form of terminal Creativity Cancer. Every time they try to bend their rigid machine-like brains into a creative task, it snaps and goes completely off the fucking rails.

Was that abraham fucking lincoln in a spess mahreen power suit coming out of a stargate? For what fucking purpose?

And i love it

It's their weird culture I will never understand.
They think green is for cuckholds and 4 is associated with death.

darkest dungeon
just because it makes sense for the genre doesn't mean it doesn't make the last few hours a complete waste of time

you can just tell when a game is from japan
metal gear solid couldn't just be a stealth game, there has to be crazy magic supernatural science powers

i think thats a holdover from the chinese language, where 4 and death are homophones.

Not that I think Dark Souls is particularly inspired with their themes or anything (good gameplay, but deliberate ambiguity to pretend more depth that it really has), but that one metaphor is easy as fuck, mang. And given the premise, it's the more evident way to finish the game.

It's the same in japanese. Death and 4 are pronounced the same.

Wanted to post this.

The funny thing is that we will never know the meaning of this because the series is fucking dead.

Felt weird handling it like that but hey, it was still a really fun game. Like I felt genuine entertainment and excitement as the story unfolded (especially since I nejoyed Black Ops 1). It felt like a labor of love, not a labor of "this technology is cool and these concepts aren't totally stale so throw it in. They'd buy a box of hot shit if we sold it to them as GOTYAY". Multiplayer sucked but it tried something new with the point buy system and I can't fault that. They tried it out, it just pan out.

You do realize we are talking about Earth Defense Force?

Shadow the Hedgehog also has more endings than ME3 and they're all different.

I know a fucking JRPG that has better endings.

Yeah not really. It is essentially the same 3 animations, but with different dialogue, and sometimes a different character in each shot. But it is basically either karate chopping Eggman, beating Black Doom, or standong over Sonic and Diablon and taunting them. Well, those and the true ending.

Mass effect 3 is the same 3 animations with different colors

Nigga get on with the times, this game has been surpassed on all levels by I am Setsuna, what are you, a faggot?

Also most of the 15 endings are either fucking memes or minimal changes, like the ship flying in the background if you didn't crash it into the last boss

Radiant historia has GREAT endings,some of them are retarded though

Order to hang your party support waifu cos she was a spy →He ragekills all the party alone later

Dont help a soldier who is in love with a furry ->war between human and furries later

Stray lion is the saddest though.

how does he pull that off

I didnt even know there was more than 1

Do you fuck the goat girl on any of them