Vita Thread

"GALGUN SOON" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2016/07/media-create-sales-71116-71716
vblank.com/20160719.php
mariio128.com/gundam-breaker-3-english-ps-vita-as-pre-order.html
ebay.co.uk/itm/like/281473396787?lpid=122&chn=ps&adgroupid=28052981946&rlsatarget=pla-183556649586&adtype=pla&poi=&googleloc=1007100&device=c&campaignid=625768298&crdt=0
ebay.com/itm/PS-Vita-Replacement-Game-Case-NEW-Game-Box-PlayStation-Vita-/381493696813?hash=item58d2cbd92d:g:-gAAAOSwLzdWRrlI
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/RESULT_VITA_1XX.html
docs.google.com/document/d/1fZQWNbvt6T71-JhN8B7lgAO9T5MudPdKonNwI2fBlp0/
archive.is/jrgAS
gematsu.com/2016/03/square-enix-consider-setsuna-ps-vita-localization-swell-demand
please
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for gun tiddies

ROA time for anyone interested

Pretty much done with SAO Lost Song now, just gotta grab a few more trophies for character events and I'll be finished. Playing RO:Ace with a few anons, and Monster Hunter Generations. I really want/need to get back around to ToCS.

GalGun DP, Just two more weeks now. It'd be really nice to see if PlayAsia's campaign gained any traction or not with Jap devs.

Pre-ordered the Vita version of GGDP to save a good $20 I actually got it on amazon, so being a prime member means I get it at a discount. But on top of that discount, I also had some sort of $10 Credit? So I only paid $24 for my order of GalGun DP.

Gonna try to put my order down for SAO Hollow Realization's Limited Edition when I can. After shipping and such though, it's a hefty $160 price tag, so that's gonna have to wait until another paycheck or two Of course, this is from Bamco's site. If I could use Amazon, I would. But they're out of stock, have been since the week after pre-orders opened for it.

I'd still like to pick up Grand Kingdom at some point as well, used of course, but I gotta hold on to my cash for now.

bump

Crimsonland. I got it on the sale, and I'm having a blast with it.

Dragon's Crown so I'll wait for a sale. I already got Muramasa this month

Just bought Crimsonland, Ratchet & Clank Collection and Futuridium. I'll maybe buy Garou Depending on the asking price and the port quality.

BUY RISK OF RAIN NIGGAS, IT'S WORTH EVERY FUCKING CENT

How's the discounts so far? Anything worth purchasing? Odin Sphere is 'playable' on the Vita? Played Dragon's Crown and Muramasa on the Vita and it was blast with smooth controls. DC a bit tougher thanks to the cursor control and chaos.

why "soon"? amazon sent their deliveries out last week

Odin Sphere was really good on Vita, I dont think I really noticed any framerate drops or anything. Even when there was an absurd amount of stuff on the screen. Controls were great too.
I enjoyed it a lot, but as a side note for trophy whores it is way easier to platinum than muramasa or dragons crown by far.

I want to have sex with that middle girl. also I got fuck all games for the vita but I downloaded 2 ps1 games because I am a retard who dont know how2emulate.

wild arms and silent hill was the 2 I got and playing through wild arms I noticed I cant quite find my way, do I have to start playing as other characters or can I just cruise aroubnd as jack?

DT2. I rotate to other games, but that's what I'm playing as of now. Fooled around with class change yesterday, and now I'm still not sure if I regret my decisions.

Speaking of playing, does anyone have Hot Shots Golf? I've only gotten one or two online games in successfully, since no one seems to want to play it much.

FOR FUCKING SUPER STARDUST DELTA TO GO ON SALE FOR A DOLLAR AGAIN. SONY.

Nothing until I land another job. I'm pretty content with what I have at the moment, but I might import Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Hell yeah, man. I've picked up some great games in the past month or so. Spent too much, but I'll make it back.

I'll play tonight, if I'm home. Kind of wish we did this once a week or something, since I'm bounding to fall way behind.

Mostly games on my PSP mode exploit. Playing Kurohyou 2 which kicks ass.

On one hand I want to update since I got PS+ but letting go of the PSP mode exploit is too hard.

That's cool. We can just push you back up. I am at 7 and 0c32f4 is at five. It's really not that bad since I am trying to farm mats for my gold weapons to convert to cards. If I recall you are on chapter 3, so if we try we can push you through to 5 tonight. 0c32f4 won't be on until 0400 GMT. I have been avoiding playing on my own since I am waiting for you all to catch up. Also we just hit the 50% mark on the 100 coop missions last night.

By the way, are any of you niggas watching the Danganronpa anime(s)?
Who wants to bet that Miaya is the traitor?

I'd be playing some ROA, Ys or sybersluts.

OP here, ID change, my usual proxy server is down, so had to change to another server

How hard would you say it is to Platinum Muramasa Rebirth? I've had the game for a while, but I've barely started playing it

How is Futuridium? It always looked kind of neat, but I get that feeling that it's gonna be really short or something.

The game doesn't drop until August 2nd in North America

Nah, I've only watched the first Future episode. Looking at her and her design though, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. Then again though I though for the longest time that Nagito would wind up being Makoto, since Nagito Komaeda is an anagram from Makoto Naegi. Hell, Nagito even had a similar-sounding voice actor, like as if Makoto had gone insane over the years. But turned out he was just a Remnant of Despair. This could be the same case here as well though, where this girl is sort of a Nega-Monaca.

Cretin is up for tonight it you are. I will see if I can get him up to you while you are at work if you want to join us after.

It is mildly difficult. Depends on if you want to get all the trophies on normal mode, whatever it is really called. Or get them on Fury mode. Either way you will need to do multiple runs atleast 4 probably, to get the platinum. It just takes a lot of time more than anything else.
Also, keep in mind that you should make sure you play on the same file. I had to redo Kisuke's story since i played it on a new account and as such could not link it to my already beaten Momohime story.

Apparently it's Naegi Makoto da "I am Makoto Naegi"
Also they had the same voice actor in both English and nip versions.
You're probably right, though I'm betting Monaca will probably be involved somehow.
It's also possible that Miaya could be a relative corrupted into despair like Junko did with Mukuro
I'm more interested in the despair arc though and what the deal is with Chiaki though, seems she's not just an AI afterall.

Sounds good. I should be able to play tonight, but only for about an hour / hour and a half unfortunately. I got stuff I gotta do tomorrow.

Ah okay. I was feeling the urge to at least try to play/beat it. I know before I mention ToCS, but for some reason Muramasa is looking so good right now. Also

Heh

Ah okay, And I THOUGHT the VAs sounded alike. That's pretty ruse-y of them to do, it was neat though.

I hadn't considered that, you may be right though

Same here, they probably gave her a Cyborg body and then uploaded her AI to it or something, i'm gonna guess

Yeah man. I woke up early because today is a run day, so I will likely be too tire for more than that like I was last night.

Sad to hear Upper flopped in Japan. I heard the Senran Kagura dev really wanted to make it, but I hear it was really flawed as a game, even with the delay

sauce?

gematsu.com/2016/07/media-create-sales-71116-71716

Recent media crate sales. It barely sold 7000 copies, and it got released the same week as Yokai Watch 3 so it never stood one chance.

What the fuck was Marvelous thinking?
Still, the sales probably wouldn't have been much better if they had released it another week.

There goes the possibility of it coming West then.

It's a shame. It looked so good too.

Damn, I really would have liked to see that game come west. And at the same time I sort of now want to import it. Sounds like it may be pretty rare down the road if it sells poorly. granted it may not get rare if it is really bad

Also, Valkyrie Drive NA version is up for preorder on Rice Digital if people wanted to get that.

Lost Dimension flopped and it came over. Exist Archive flopped and it's coming over.

Maybe it's one of the games that does better in the west than in its home country. The idea of releasing it against a huge series is still retarded though, it's like releasing a game at the same time of the newest CoD/GTA

A game flopping or not has no bearing if a game comes west or not. All it need is a company willing to work the developer to bring it to the west. Plenty of flops in Japan come to the west.

I've seen a few people saying that, I'm hedging my bets on her being a human and that the AI was just based on her after the remnants do the real Chiaki in. Though knowing the Danganronpa writers I wouldn't put it past her being a cyborg or android. Especially with all of the crazy shit that happened in DR2.
We'll have to wait and see, though from what I've seen in episode 2 of the future arc no one is fucking safe now. In fact I wouldn't be at all surprised if Makoto is dead by the end of it.

I've asked myself that on occasion when various western branches of companies decide to release niche stuff way to close to more mainstream, higher anticipated niche stuff in the same genre. Dual Hearts releasing right after Kingdom Hearts, for example, or Shadow Hearts releasing shortly before FFX. It's like, do these companies not get that releasing within a certain frame of time isn't going to help their game do well in sales? I understand that maybe if they hold off too long, something else big will be announce for release, but I have to question why anyone would wan to release something fairly unknown that close to a game that people are much more likely to put their money down on due to familiarity (either of the series or developer).

Have they said anything about exclusively stocking it through Rice Digital or something? Because it's still not on Amazon.

Not sure, all I know is the collectors edition they have is only through them. Can always ask Amazon if they will be putting it up for preorder. But other than that no clue yet.

Damn, that was fast. I wonder how it compares to the first.

I have to wonder if various games like Lunar Dragon Song, which is heavily disliked in the west, had the same reception in Japan.

Wow, the second best-selling game that week sold a whole 10500 copies.

It'll probably show up on Amazon in another week or two, that's how they did it for GalGun DP. It was on RiceDigital first, but then showed up on Amazon a few weeks later.

Wild Arms 1 through 3 start with each character individually on their personal prologue. You can switch between them as you like during the prologue phase, but there's a point where the character's prologue ends and you'll be forced to switch.
When all 3 prologues are done, the true story starts with the full party.
For Rudy, you have to finish the cave dungeon
For Jack, you must finish the temple dungeon where you start.
For Cecilia, you need to solve the puzzles and fight a boss in the Abbey's basement.

I was thinking the same thing.

Also, looks like Heavy Arms has reconfirmed English Asia editions of Attack on Titan (Sept 30th) and Dragon Quest Builders (Oct 12th).

DQB looks like it would be great on the PS4 but it looks a bit much for a Vita.

As mentioned in the JRPG thread (I saw that post there; I assume that was you as well), Rudy, Jack, and Cecelia all have a prologue before the main game starts. Shortly after they'll start joining up. Wild Arms 1, 2, 3, and ACF all do that for the initial three characters (four in the case of WA3).

Always nice to see more people playing the series. Shame Media.Vision apparently hasn't been cleared to make any new ones since XF on the PSP; they're the developers (occasionally co-developed with Contrail of Legend of Legaia fame), but Sony owns the series rights.

I'm probably gonna ruffle some feathers, but fuck why do the Nep hack and slash spinoffs have to suck compared to SK? Its done by the same dev but MegaTagBlanc is annoyingly slow compared to Shinovi Versus, and enemies seem to gangrape you easily and do a tone of damage.

It still feels like they're sort of getting there but they really do have a long way to go.

If I had to guess, it's probably them just making a game and slapping Nep onto it to try and milk the franchise without investing too much into it.
I just hope the next Nep game, which is supposed to be an action RPG, uses a different fighting system than U and MegaTag. And that it has a decent budget.

189meg day one patch.
Loading is slow.
The girls sure are cute.
Despite the performance issues, it doesnt run in extra RAM mode, so background apps still work.

PS4 and PSP related:
Retro City Rampage is getting a reprint that goes up for order tomorrow:
vblank.com/20160719.php
In case anyone still wanted a physical copy of that.

Did the physical version ship yet? Or was that a digital purchase?

I played the JP Vita demo way back when and it worked pretty well. Obviously just a demo but still a pleasant surprise.

Even worth picking up a TV in this day and age?

Am I the only one who can't access Hackinformer?

I've cleared cookies and flushed my dns cache. I've tried different browsers, devices, IP ads. Isitdownrightnow just says it's 404, but no mention that it's down for everyone. On the other hand, their twitter makes no mention of whether anything like that has happened, and I can partially access the site through google cache and archive.is.

Thoughts?

PSTV? If you can find one cheap and if you have ds3 controllers around, I suppose. Some games are unplayable on it if I remember right, even with hacks. And so you'll just have to look at the particular games you want and decide from there whether you can play it or not. I think you're also capable of playing multiplayer of PS1 games on it, unlike the handheld.

Yeah. Can pick it up very cheap, but didn't know if it was still supported as well.

I was able to take out the rows of enemies methodically while barely keeping myself alive. I think this was supposed to be a difficulty spike(I mean, I definitely lucked out a couple times), but I was able to manage it pretty well. Thank goodness for all that food and Circle Heal. Might have been at a higher level due to getting stuck at Samara Passage. It was only until later that I realized I had to keep climbing the Piertan Tower. I guess that's what happens when you take a break from the game. Still, that was really fun.

>get Grishna
>now have 2 GODDAMN BERSERKERS
Yo, I can't wait to test this out. Managing the party might be difficult, though.

And to Astromancer, I promise I'm not blowing you off. Some of the games I play turn off wifi, so I don't even notice that I get messages until much later. Sorry about that. I wasn't able to attend last night, anyhow.

Neither was he. He fell alseep right after he got off work.

I don't own one myself, so I can't help you with the details. I know it has wifi capability, so you can access the PSN store so long as your firmware is up to date, if that's what you're asking. You can always go with physical games as well - just make sure you're on the right firmware.

*decide from there whether you want it or not

I got an email confirming delivery tomorrow, so I can imagine certain individuals may be able to "acquire" it today.

Damn, mine still says processing. That is annoying.

I can access it just fine right now.

Well, thanks for the confirmation. I guess I'll just have to keep looking for solutions. It was working fine for me a few weeks ago, I don't know what could have happened.

I will learn moon soon. Seiously.

RiceDigital has the US version of Valkyrie Drive available for pre-order. I imagine Amazon will have a listing up within in another week or two, if not before then.

It's all good man, I passed the fuck out last night anyway.

How often do sales rotate on Vita? What about PS Plus free games? Also any good sales for RPGs right now?

So I was knocking out some ROA trophies last night and I noticed something. When you go to look at your Trophies all the images line up to make one giant picture.

I'm trying to play Neptunia Action U, but it's retarded. I don't know how to complete red quests, and normal quests require 27 level. There is no walkthrough for this game, what do.

Goddaaaaaamn. Never mind what I said about being overleveled.

Weekly. Flash sales are monthly. PS+ games are monthly.
Check?

Alright, cool.

oh woah, neat-o, I never noticed that. That kind of make me want to try to plat this game. That'd be a helluva grind though.

PSO2 Vita version does this as well. Takes a while to unlock though.

Almost done with Shinovi VS, damn this game is long

a 32GB card

I Don't even have money to have a decent lunch
getting kinda hungry at night

New Game! is a new game that's coming out from 5pb for Vita if anyone cares and hasn't heard about it.

I have the same issue. I wish there was a periodic check option or something. The battery doesn't last nearly as long with wifi on all the time and turning it on and off just to see if something pops up is a pain in the ass.

Hey, do you think you'll be playing RO:A for awhile to come? I'd really like to get back in on multiplayer, but I'm just worried about that Final Fantasy game, since I have to pay for it.

What? They said KT changed their mind, so it is coming out physically now again? Not that I'm even sure I'd buy it anyway, but limited type stuff is always tempting to me.

Sure, why not. Sadly, the game being made in the story probably has more gameplay than the game you'll actually be playing.

In the US, there's monthly flash sales, sometimes with a theme to them. That said, this past weekend was the July flash sale, so I don't think there's another until half/two-thirds the way through next month. Not sure about PS+ since I don't use it.

Glancing at current US vita compatible mark downs, I'm not seeing anything RPG-related, be it PS1 Classic, PSP, or Vita.

I have a hypothesis that the Asia English version was actually just delayed a month, and due to a failure of communication was taken as being cancelled. Regardless, we will be getting an English Asia edition of Attack on Titan, whether the game is worth buying on Vita is a question I don't know the answer to. Some people report very poor framerates on the Vita version.

Yeah I haven't even finished the ROA storyline, let alone the ACE missions or the tower. I have been pretty much partying up and walking people through the early levels for the last week or so.

If you want to play ROA with me just add FreeCascadia with your ID attached. If you want to play make a post in the thread with a time and someone will show up. If I have a room up it will usually be called Tiddie Bar.

Nice, maybe otherwise KT changed their mind based on the number of orders. You're probably right though, since that is a pretty huge franchise. No physical would be pretty dumb.

Okay, cool. I thought you were astromancer. I'll add you, but you can just deny it if you want, since I'm not sure what's going on yet. I own and buy a lot of Vita games though, so there's a chance we might have other games to play too. My ID is yuri_snipas.

So it's a vidya making VN? How many choices would be avalable to me otherwise?

Only other videogame-making VN I can think of is Eroge!.

There is no god

How can you say you love her if you won't eat her poo?

At least she got scenes

This. I watched every episode hoping the pseudo-loli would get fucked, yet she never did.

Who said anything about love? I just want to fuck her raw

No kidding, I was beginning to wonder if she even had any scenes in the game

I can say I wouldn't love her if she wanted me to eat her poo.

I hope this is good.

I mean, you should know what you're getting yourself into. It won't be much different from other games in the series.

If you played the DS version, it's the same thing with a little bit more.

fucking christ why

You know nothing of long tutorials.

In the former's case, it still wasn't clarifying shit.

By 9 pages I mean 9 pages of training missions.

A-Train 3D's tutorial last 10 to 15 Hours

…why?

Digital versions didn't come with the nice beginners guide that does a really good job of going through the features/tools.

That 10-15 hours is going through 20+ years worth of mechanics introduced across the series.

Do you want some untrained amateur engineering several hundred tons moving at high speed?

Something tells me this translation is a little liberal. Just a little bit.

Have to say, I really liked how Tales of Vesperia handled its combat tutorials. I was initially thinking it was going to be stupid to have a former knight needing to learn how to fight again, but the tutorial just treats it as a light warmup for Yuri, and him just fucking around with his opponents the whole time since Boccos and whatever the other guy's name is aren't opponents to take real seriously at that stage.

Out of curiosity, I'd wonder what the "sat through the whole thing and kept playing" rate for that train game is. Hell, a tutorial of that size is longer than some games are on the whole.

Yeah, gonna want a screencap of the Japanese version of that last image to compare with.

Jesus. Keep us posted. If the game is no good then I'll cancel my pre-order.

Usually involves combing the map and killing whatever pops up. The Winter stage red quest is particularly a bitch, as the monsters there hide like faggots.

Take your teams or go solo and grind some low-level missions. Be sure to actually claim your medal rewards because that goes a long way to lasting against 400/500 enemy clear challenges.

Admittedly the Pokemon reference could've easily been in the original release. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon is a thing, after all.

Still trying to determine if the DS or the PSP version's worth getting. At the least, I think I have the DS rom somewhere. Never did get around to PSP emulating.

I am platinum mad the stupid samey tsunderes got 80% of the anime action. Shit was uncalled for. No loli manager action at all, and that toy shit was a fucking useless tease. How fucking dare Collaboration Works.

:D

:(

MFW

True, if it's in the original as a shout out to another entry, that's something I'd consider excusable. But what the HELL are they even asking there as far as what you're wanting to train?

As far as I've heard (admittedly I could be wrong), the game works better on the gameplay end of things on the DS version, due to the touch screen. Strikes me that the PSP version might have additional content or FMVs or something, but I'm not sure of what all the difference between them are.

Not likely since the equivalent line in Pokemon is just a generic "go!"

It's still iconic to the Pokemon franchise.

That's a good point. "I choose you!" is more from the Pokemon anime than anything. But again, I'd say it would need comparison with the original Japanese line to see if there is even a shout out or not.

Once you get through it all, it's a fucking amazing game. It's really rewarding to see the world grow around you're rail line and abusing the market to get land rights.

I know for sure the 2nd one mocks Street Fighter's naming system in the japanese version too, but the third one is way more "flavored" than it was in japanese.

It sounds like 1 out of 3 might be an issue. Even then, I'm more forgiving of that Pokemon shit since it's at least somewhat related to the series in some way.

That's just my opinion though.

No, I mean, in Japanese they just say "行け!" or something along those lines rather than a unique catchphrase, so the original script likely doesn't have anything explicitly referencing Pokemon.

Yeah, the Street Fighter one felt really weird. It took me a couple hours to translate/figure out because I figured I kept translating something wrong. I honestly thought it was gibberish until the reference finally clicked.

I'll try to grab screens of the jap version whenever. Also there is an arrow to the knee reference in the jap version before you guys see it and freak out.

Does Japan actively like TES (if they even get the games brought east), or did they somehow pick up on that phrase after western fans blew it up?

Oblivion and Skyrim are popular there, I have no clue fucking why. I thought it would be because all the porn mods, but the console versions are what sells.

Japs disappoint me sometimes.

Sooooooooooort of. It's basically the "go to" answer for "what Western games do you like" to avoid sounding xenophobic.

The phrase itself is ye olde slang that refers to getting married, but the recent popularity likely is Skyrim's fault.

Why. Are they. Putting everything. In fragments.
Wouldn't something like:
Work a lot better? Spike Chunsoft must not have them on a short leash…

Either way, thanks for saving me $40 user.

Oh yeah she did.

is this a normal price for vita game? I swear most vita games are $39.99. Why the fuck is it so expensive?

Hope that's not the price when it ends up on Amazon. They had the Vita version of GalGun for $40, so hopefully it's the same here.

Considering the mention of UK shipping maybe an export of the US one to the UK would be $50 instead of $40? I don't know how Rice Digital works, just hazarding a potential guess.

Calm down. The translation is mostly fine.

Maybe some moonspeaking user could possibly leave Spike Chunsoft a message to keep a close eye on Aksys for their localization of Exist Archive? I hear they've already taken to for when they've had NISA handle their stuff, but they might need to apply that notion to other companies as well.

They have an English twitter, and I know for a fact they work directly with the Japanese branch.

Nice I wonder if I can still find that artbook for the series

Ah, I keep forgetting various companies do have a direct way of being contacted in English these days.

Yeah, it's honestly weirder when they don't nowadays. Even fucking AncientSoft (Yuzo Koshiro's company) has an English contact.

Can someone clear up some confusion for me. NISA is an american branch for NIS right? Nippon Ichi Sofware also make games and by default, NISA will be translating that game. So question is, how the hell are gonna boycott NISA if we want to play NIS games?

Its a lose-lose situation.

NIS hasn't hardly made a decent game since GrimGrimoire, that was partnered with Vanillaware as well I'm reserving judgement for Yomawari, I'm cautiously hopeful.

Neptunia Re;Birth 1 and Soldier Blade.

A bunch of PC Engine titles off of Japanese PSN. I just need to make an account and buy a yen card.

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero, and Fate/Extella once they announce a limited edition. I *really* wanna play Extella, looks fun as hell.

I've played the first two levels, and I got kinda bored. I was expecting a low poly Star Fox clone for some short bursts, and I feel I didn't get it.

Bear in mind I've barely played it, so I'm not the most qualified to tell you if you should get it or not. Crimsonland has occupied all of my time lately.

Can you have waifu in that game?

Tamamo best waifu

Playing tonight?

NIS is the Japan native development branch, NISA is their western branch they use for localization and publishing. NISA also winds up localizing and publishing (at worst) for other companies games from time to time as well, and sometimes merely handled physical distribution (the best case scenario if a company uses them for whatever reason, as they don't get to touch the script or code; would still be better if they didn't feel reason to use them at all though).

NISA has also handled publishing and distribution for PAL releases of various games when the company at hand has no EU branch, such as Atlus.

\>>10137869
Sorry, not tonight. I probably won't play again until this weekend. IRL shit's got me stressin hard, and I play awful when I'm stressed out. I'll probably be good by this Sunday, when some shit blows over though. Sorry man.

If anyone is looking to buy the Asian English version of Gundam Breaker 3, this is a thing.

mariio128.com/gundam-breaker-3-english-ps-vita-as-pre-order.html

According to some of the folks from cuckchan's vitagen the site is legit.

Is asia english version of the game is even that rare? You can buy it from amazon and Play-asia too.

I wonder how long the nips are gonna make Vita games. It's gonna turn 5 years old next year after all

It's cheaper here. $9 cheaper.

There's also some other good games on the site that are harder to find, but are really cheap. One that really stands out is Virtua Tennis 4.

Probably as long as it has a decent customer-base out there in Japan and Sony keeps supplying them with cartridges and/or access to the PSN to put stuff new games on.

Honestly strikes me as a bit of an odd case though, as the Vita doesn't have a successor at this point that might cause development to fully shift over to, whereas with Nintendo, they've had such a stream of handhelds from the Game Boy until now that (unless they replace handheld with mobile) I don't see that changing, and in that case, devs would likely abandon the 3DS for whatever its successor is once it gets lucrative enough to do so for.

5-8 more years PSP still gets VNs to this day in Japan

So I know what I'm wear– playing today.

Also, stupidly enough, the box has no inlay so all the items just rattle about in the bottom.

Any news or more footage about Diva Death Game TV? I should really learn moon. The idea of cute idols killing each other pleases me. I just hope the game isn't garbage, and that it isn't text-heavy, so I can play it despite going in blind.

It would be better if you had to shoot them dead.

Not really, if localized NIS titles don't sell, they'll just close NISA because it's a money sink and that's the last thing NIS needs. Remember that time they went so far into the red they had to cancel like 6 or 7 games?

Play Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain.

Top kek, Japan. Why can't nips take their endless lust and actually repopulate their nation?

I don't, when was this?

Filth

Ooops. Didn't think that through, did you?

Would've been before the original Criminal Girls, since that was one of if not the only project that didn't get axed, and which I assumed was also why the game itself was so bare bones and nothing.

It's been 7 years since Shin Mazinger without a sequel, anime's already dead.

Good lord, the people here.

So long as budget titles can still get support, it'll be around for a while.

Ar Nosurge and Conception 2, will probably get around to the other games I have on backlog soon

Too much so my wallet hates me. Mainly Valkyrie Drive and HyperDimension

Trying to save money plus I don't want to shill out 50-70 for a vita game here so I have to wait till I get back to the States

Anime is Japan's greatest contribution to the world outside of sex robots and crippling autism.

At least he's honest. There is no inherent value to the Japanese people other than that which they can uniquely produce, and anime isn't really that unique anyway. Any other people could absorb that culture through enough interaction and develop it on their own, just like the Japanese did with western animation.

In the end, no one country matters that much.

That's not likely to happen anytime soon, though, since NISA is much more profitable than NIS. In the 2014-2015 fiscal year, NISA was responsible for about 2/3 of all of the revenue for the entire company.
I wonder how that will change now that NISA won't be doing Atlus's European releases anymore. Won't find out until the fiscal report next year, I suppose.

Pretty sure they'll have Caster in it. Apparently they'll also have Fate/stay, Apocrypha, and Grand Order characters in it.

Playing Trillion: God of Destruction atm. Could only get as far as the start of Dragon Form in my first playthrough. If there wasn't such an effective dialogue skip or the fact I can play it on mute on a handheld while doing something else, there's no way I would start over.

Also any advice? Any stats that are useless tbh?

Only put stats into Speed and Attack, maybe some for mana and health. But SPD and ATK are definitely the main concerns here.

Yeah, Tamamo's in it.

I should've sprung for this edition….

Show us that art book! please

How much focus should I put on raising an Overlord's affection points? Are items a better way of doing it than interaction? Also is there a reliable way to unlock new skills? I assume it's just agreeing to training with Ergo and Ragon everytime they make the offer.

Yes, ALWAYS agree to train with them, because you can unlock some special skills that way, such as the Double-Hit, which allows your standard/normal attack to do two hits, there's some other special skills as well, but Double-Hit is a HUGE boon.

Also, investing in Part Sealer and Armor Break isn't a bad idea. For Dragon Form, focus on his tail; for Titan form, his legs and tail.

I cannot stress enough how important Speed is. It is THE most important stat. You should be putting 80% of your points into speed, 15% into attack, and the other 5% into maybe Mana and a LITTLE health.

Giving/buying gifts for the Overlord is the best way to raise affection, but throw in some "Interact" here and there so you can get some of those special events that give a big boost.
Ideally, you want her Affection to be over 1 Billion points, at least. And remember that going to Valley of Swords doesn't use up any time.

Make use of Weapon Seals! Don't sweat so much the actual weapon attack upgrading, focus more on the seals. Fang Seals, Lightning/Transient Seals, and the Back Seal are pretty nice. These are the only ones that come to mind right now, it's been a while since i've played.

As for Active Skills, don't even bother with magic shit. You want Cannon Spike, Schuzrum Fang, Tetrad Slash (both for getting out of range of an attack from Trillion). I'd also say go for level 1 Sonic Speed and Lai, which can be useful for dispatching multiple enemies.
For Passives: Armor Strike, Physical Boost, Ace, Eco Spell, and EXP Boost (get this as early as possible for training & Valley of Swords!).

Thanks a ton user

I am weak.

Looks small, but its about as thick as the Vita itself.

First half is all the in-game CGs by the look of it, then some sketches like this and it ends with more official art of each girl.

And yeah, its just a striped pair of cotton panties. I was kinda expecting some sort of microfiber inner but nope. Panties.

You can use them to cradle your Vita like this if you want, though.

happy to help.
I haven't beaten Trillion yet either. Trillion's final form wiped out 4 of my overlords then I game over'd.

Nice. I love a good thick artbook. I really hate those flimsy-ass short ones that Atlus usually gives out.

Who would've thought panties could be so multi-functional?

LEs fucking suck.

Likely or not, my point is that buying NIS games while not buying the NISA localizations would not contribute to keeping NISA alive like the other user seemed to fear.

That said, that's a very odd situation. Do NIS's games somehow sell better in the West despite terrible translations and at times being literally broken?

Also
Nothing.
SRW V, YS 8, Summon nights 6 wonderful edition, and soldner x2
Nothing to play right now, most of the vita shit i've bought lately is just going to stay on the shelf.

those pantsu look loli sized
where were they made? bonus points if they were made in japan

They typically do, at least for the non-broken non-butchered games. That's possibly due to North America and Europe having a larger population, which means a greater potential audience, combined with the fact that a lot of NIS's games have fairly low sales numbers in Japan.

And I think a big part of it is that NISA also published games by other developers in North America and Europe, though the amount of titles from other developers that they publish are decreasing since NISA no longer handles Gust games, Idea Factory games, or Atlus's games in Europe now.

Disgaea 5 sold 60k in Japan, 90k in North America, and 60k in Europe. Japanese sales ended up accounting for around 25% of global sales. The Disgaea 3 Vita port sold 70k in Japan, 130k in North America, and 60k in Europe. Japanese sales again counted for roughly 25% of global sales.

For broken and/or censored games, it's a bit of a different story. The PS3 version of The Witch and the Hundred Knight sold 100k in Japan, 60k in North America, and 20k in Europe. Japanese sales accounted for roughly 50% of global sales. For the Vita version of Criminal Girls, it sold 40k in Japan, 40k in North America, and 20k in Europe. Japanese sales accounted for about 35% of global sales.

Criminal Girls 2 only sold 30k in Japan, so I bet NIS is desperate to try and turn a profit from the game, hence why they're trying to release it overseas, despite deciding to massively censor it outside of Japan.

Those 60k Westerners need to kill themselves.

Do you happen to have numbers for Mugen Souls? I'd be delighted to mock the trash at NISA with them.

Mugen Souls was 80k in Japan, 40k in North America, and 30k in Europe.

It was also ported on PC by Ghostlight, where it sold about 20k on Steam. That's particularly bad, since that's the global sales for that game on Steam, and it also launched at $20 base price, which was discounted down to $12 for the first week. Meanwhile, the mainline Neptunia games on Steam sold at least 100k each, showing that there is a market for this type of game on Steam, but they just didn't want Mugen Souls.

Not sure of numbers, I remember NISA still having unsold CEs or whatever for Mugen Souls (or maybe Mugen Souls Z, forget which) LONG after the game had been releases here.

Let us know how Ys VIII is when you get around to it.

Wonder if someone out there might make an image of Vita-tan wearing those.

They're normal sized, I just folded them round the Vita to make it sit right. Panties do typically look smaller than they really are though.

And weirdly theres no label or anything on them.

I suppose, though considering they're primarily Playstation, I would've assumed any foreigners interested in the games would've just imported rather than put up with NISA. Very strange.

You trying to play every entry in release order or something? Because I think for a lot of people Oath in Felghana is considered the much better rendition of Ys III.

I would like source on this one, at least. I need to be very precise and accurate on these numbers.

Yeah, release order. Besides, from what I gather Oath is a completely different game, with only the story being related.

There's no way to be completely precise about these, since most companies don't give out sales numbers. VGChartz is the only place for console sales numbers outside of Japan. Looking over the numbers they gave for NIS's various games, they seemed to roughly match up with NIS's statements that NISA makes up about 2/3 of their total revenue. Also, as far as I know, NIS didn't list sales numbers of specific games in their yearly financial report.

For Japanese numbers, VGChartz does have them listed, but there's also Japanese sites that have sales numbers, such as Media Create. These only list sales numbers when the game is on the top 20 list. But since a console game gets the majority of its sales during the first 3 or so weeks, that gives you a pretty decent estimate of the total game sales, since if the game didn't make it to the top 20 chart that week, chances are it's very few copies at that point.

You're not using vgchartz as sources, are you?

I had fun playing Last Blade 2 here in another Vita thread. Anyone up for some matches? To the user I've played last time, I think I've gotten better. But it would be hard to tell with the connection we had.

You should try Disgaea 5. After playing it I have a hard time going back to playing the others. It just does so many things right gameplay wise. Keeping everyone leveled has never been easier, especially for support characters. Another recommendation would be ZHP: Zettai Hero Project for the PSP. I believe it's on PSN.

It sounds like my type of game but isn't that moon only right now? Or is it import friendly and has good guides online?

I suppose it is, given that OiF is a remake after all.

Buying it there would mean giving NISA money. if he has a CFW PSP or PPSSPP, he could just download it online and play it that way.

The people who made it are at Compile Heart or Idea Factory anyway at this point. I see nothing wrong with people pirating it. I recommend it for people who like games like Shiren. It's not exactly a roguelike but it shares a few elements.

The had 2 spiritual successors. The Guided Fate Paradox and The Guided Fate Ultimatum. TGFP isn't bad. It has some better gameplay in some places but is worse everywhere else besides graphics and music, in which case both games have good soundtracks. Each game has a bunch of music that are homages to popular anime songs like this song. Can you guess what it is? It's Stand A Chance from The Big-O.

TGFU should be avoided. Simplifies everything to the point of being bland while the story is full of false choices that force you down one route anyway.

Was that due to NIS screwing over would-be veteran team members or something there? I recall hearing something along those lines.

IIRC they avoided giving veteran devs their raise by firing all of them and offering them their jobs at the new hire rate. Needless to say, a bunch of them jumped ship to Idea Factory.

They were moved to a new place in the company. While doing so, they gave them the salary of new employees. They left after they couldn't get their old salary back.

It's pretty awful how they would treat their most talented devs like that after all those years of making quality games.

That's really fucking scummy. I suppose both NIS and NISA have had their own issues.

Didn't this happen right around when Disgaea 4 was released? I seem to recall reading about it, but I'm searching for it now and I can't seem to find any mention of it.

I think it was during the production of Disgaea 5. Makes me wonder if they did most of the work for D5 before leaving or if a new team did. Because the game is fantastic. Saying that, this same team did the ZHP and TGFP games. The Guided Fate Ultimatum was a casual dumbed down mess and that game was made a while after they left.

no vidya again tonight. Gonna watch a horror movie and hit the sack, got an early shift tomorrow. Missing all the RO:Ace action is killing me though.

I'll probably be able to Sunday or Monday.

So even NIS is cancer. Sheesh.

Go ask the drawfags. I think the current drawfag thread is just about ded though.

You guys, any news on the VA-11 HALL-A vita release??

It's cool. I dug out my copy of VLR and am just going to clean up some easy Trophies.

It's too bad 999 didn't get a PSP or Vita port.

I am an Air Traffic Controller Airport Hero Tokyo

Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Valkyrie Drive
Tokyo Xanadu
MeiQ: Labyrinth of Death
Toukiden 2
Genkai Tokki: Seven Pirates

Bought;
Pic related shipped

Pre-ordered;
Shiren the Wanderer 5+
Gal*Gun: Double Peace
Shantae Half-Genie Hero
Trails of Cold Steel II
Neo Atlas 1469

999 is getting a Vita port, it got announced early this month.

Choice

Probably? It came out a month ago, so if it's going to get a foreign release, it'll probably be in a few years I guess?

Vita's region free entirely as far as I know, so no problems there, I'm actually using an NA Vita TV because they're so damn cheap.

Jesus fuck. That's low.

Muramasa Rebirth
Gal*Gun DP, Valkyrie Drive and Caligula
Nothing

lolno

Your best bet is to check the website for updates.

Help

Well, you're not just going to leave her waiting there, are you?

Are you so much of a turbovirgin you don't even know how to fuck a fictional girl?

Remember to wear a condom, you don't want any pillow babies.

user, where did you think dust bunnies came from?

What are you waiting for, user? she's telling you she's prepared.

You're already beyond saving.

Not that kind of help.

Was thinking of getting a heavier body pillow and a pillows trap for an onahole.

I've fallen to a deeper weebhole, I know.

are you at comic con? That looks like a hotel bed.

Maybe.

Are there any good daki booths? I'm hitting the hall tomorrow and I wanted to get another one.

I- why are you overpaying for dakis?

Jeez user, you're smarter than this.

Is there anywhere that sells Vita game cases and/or artwork?

He's at a con. You've also implied you're at a con.

Neither of you are intelligent.

I'm implying I'm at a con.

But am I?

Regardless, got the daki through a Japanese pal living in Detroit. Pretty smooth material, love to hug it a lot.

anyone staying in Carlsbad and taking the Coaster down to SD?

I live here in SD and got free tickets. I'm only a trolley away from SDCC
inb4 >commiefornia

What, like third party ones? Not sure if third party cases exist, given that the system's not the most popular, and even finding blank used ones might be a little hard without having to buy whatever game it was for (though I don't anticipate shovelware to be all that expensive now).

Cover art, you might be able to find scans online if you have access to a decent printer with the colors sync properly between the computer and printer. Give The Cover Project a check, both the main site and forums (as cover scans have a tendency to show up on the latter long before they're added to the former).

You might also see if anyone on ebay might be selling cases with covers.

Well, I suppose at the very least you don't live in San Francisco. California's got some pretty places (I have family living in Pebble Beach and Santa Cruz) and I do hear they have some towns than lean right, but SF and LA apparently make the state go leftist heavy when it comes to voting.

I live in North County.
What local multiplayer vita games you got?

ebay.co.uk/itm/like/281473396787?lpid=122&chn=ps&adgroupid=28052981946&rlsatarget=pla-183556649586&adtype=pla&poi=&googleloc=1007100&device=c&campaignid=625768298&crdt=0
Ebay is your friend nigga

It's too late for you, user. Godspeed. I'm actually fucking jealous

should've linked to wtf

Thanks, but nah. Might as well just buy another copy of the game at that point.

What? It's under £2 for me. Or is that for shipping and shit?

On ebay.com it says it's $0.99
ebay.com/itm/PS-Vita-Replacement-Game-Case-NEW-Game-Box-PlayStation-Vita-/381493696813?hash=item58d2cbd92d:g:-gAAAOSwLzdWRrlI

Maybe it's because I'm not in the UK, but I don't get free shipping.

That's better. Now if only I could find a scan of Lost Dimension.

That was the first place I checked. Nothing.

It's pretty sad that I am so starved for a Shiren game that I can look past that abomination of text.

Nep games and senrans

I commute up to LA and Pasadena for work, people up north make me sick, San Diego is great though.

(checked)
Can't help you there, google turns up nothing. It has a full scan of the GalGun inlay though

Well, you can always try requesting on the forums for someone to do a scan of the cover.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking to do.

It's amazing that they let localizers shit on their main revenue source if we make them this much money compared to Japanese releases. But fuck the gaijin am I right?

>people up north make me sick
Man all we have to do up here is smoke DUDE and Vidya. Lake County is poor as fuck.

Are you sure you haven't bought used goods?
Jesus. It's like human trafficking.

I meant import friendly as in easy to play without actually reading much. Or a bunch of menus are in english.

I thought it was a dungeon crawler. And I kind of guessed that it wouldn't be import friendly.

Nice Melvy. I forget how huge her tits were.

Is it true the Vita is hackable now?

Technically you can pirate shit, but it's such a roundabout solution and requires a piece of hardware called a "Cobra Blackfin", and software that basically emulates having the game cart in the Vita system.

The way it works is that the Blackfin has slots for players to insert Vita game cartridges, and then software to dump the data + share that cart's gameID with a server. Pirates then download the dump and the cart's ID to be able to play the game whenever they have the Blackfin attached to their Vita.

It's an extension of a trick the system had for a while where you could install backups of physical games, and as long as you had plugged the game in once during that boot you could run the backup no matter what. Very confusing and roundabout way to pirate things, not to mention that hardware is pretty damn expensive.

Into the trash.

I'm assuming you were trying to quote me?

Yeah, like I said - it's a roundabout solution. In practice I'm guessing it's like having a private Vita piracy network.

I was. In my defense you BOTH got 66 dubs and the link looked legit to me.

Will we ever get emulation software like PPSSPP?

Not until we the system gets fully cracked.

There's an x86 emulator that comes with the devkit.
You'll never get it though.

ROA tonight?

I don't know if I should wait and see if the PSP games I want ever go on sale or just say fuck it and pay 20 bucks each for em.

What PSP games are you thinking of playing anyways?

The KoF Collection and Samurai Shodown Anthology. I like SNK fighting games, and fighters have been pretty good for killing time on commutes/work downtime.

Hope this chink site ships out my Gundam Breaker 3 soon.

not sure if im going to get a response but i figure better to double check now

found a guy on craiglist, tomorrow is supposed to be selling me 2 vitas, one on 2.01 and one on 1.67. I'm trading him my Slim Vita on 3.60 and 100 bucks for both systems.

My PSP 1000 is bricked to hell, so i figure this is a good deal. Assuming he's not trying to fuck my asshole (which i didn't get that vibe), is this a safe trade? I've wiped my old system (3.60 one) and formatted the memory card so there's no potential link to my information.

Any input appreciated. I'd like to be able to continue playing (most) of my vita games alongside 4th and 5th generation console games on one device.

Ah, haven't tried not reading the game, so can't say. I mean, I guess if you're used to dungeon crawlers and don't mind a bit of trial and error, shouldn't be any worse than anything else.

And yeah, Refrain is definitely a dungeon crawler.

Get a 3.18 TN-V Vita and run the psp isos

holy fucking shit, I'm glad I ordered when I did

…I guess this means that I'm getting a copy from the initial print, at least. If it's that long of a wait now, that's for the next print run I'm guessing.

Odin Sphere HNNNGH

Dungeon Travelers 2

dragon dildos

If by wipe you mean the initialization that the system has in recovery/settings, then you should be fine.

These vitas you're getting are quite outdated so you can do all sorts of exploits with them.

He should contact some of the folks in the Vita hacking scene about that 1.67 Vita. IIRC there's something specific about that firmware that some people really want to investigate.

As far as I know this version has a webkit exploit, but so far there's no true 'breakthrough' for the Vita.
hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/RESULT_VITA_1XX.html

IIRC there was some sort of ROM encryption or something added after 1.67. For research 1.67 is important.

I kind of regret getting Grand Kingdom. Feels a little light on content even if the minutes do just kind of fade away while playing. It is also way too frustrating for new players to break into the war. Now that my main units are in their level 20's or so I'm not having so much trouble, but it took too long. I still stick to the opinion that the guild rank, or at least the way it was implemented, is a bad idea.

ffx-2
managed to catch all creatures now and killed MN in less than a minute. Impale machina are too strong.
A fun srpg similar to Tactics Ogre
nothing I'm a poorfag, 1 game a year life

I will report back after I acquire the systems. I'd love to help out the community any way I can. Vita is love, Vita is life.

How does managing multiple parties work out during wars? Is it designed around switching groups in and out all the time? It sounds like level is way more important than I thought it was going to be, based on the demo.

Little too tired, bud. Sorry.

I was going to wait for a discount, but I actually steered away from it upon realizing that I'd be doing a lot of grinding. No bueno. Nice game, though.

That webkit exploit is available for firmwares below 3.18, IIRC. Nothing really came out of it, but for all I know it's still a work in progress.

The only way you can really help is if you know how to code applications for Rejuvenate.

Wasn't "I Am Setsuna" supposed to get a Vita version? Whatever happened to that?

Never mind. They just abandoned the Vita localization out of sheer laziness.

I thought it was getting one, but digital only.

Well, I'm back. I have the 1.67 vita. It's in great condition, 3G/Wifi, fully functional. It needs to be formatted but otherwise tip top shape.

Where should I begin? I've been reading about updating to 3.18, the "golden firmware", and then installing ARK from there.

Sound like a good plan? Pics on request of the firmware if is right about it.

Has there been any more news about that Killing Bites game?

I don't know if I should get GalGun for the PS Vita or the PS4 at this point. Its been confirmed GalGun cant' be played on PS TV

Do you play as a Gundam?

Vita version has longer loading times doesn't it?

Wait what I thought it got delayed until august

You only ever have one active party at a time. You can "dispatch" parties that will gain experience and money while away but you don't control them. A lot of what I know I learned from the Grand Kingdom google doc:
docs.google.com/document/d/1fZQWNbvt6T71-JhN8B7lgAO9T5MudPdKonNwI2fBlp0/

Level is fairly important, in that if you aren't at or above the median level for the country for whom you fight, you're actually hurting the war effort in most cases. What's more important is having a fine-tuned team with high aptitudes and the skills you're looking for so you wreck anyone you come across, even if they're higher level than you. In short, it's a game about grinding to fight a war that never ends. I haven't really touched the story though but that's because the game forces you to grind your guild rank before really good recruits start popping up.

When buying a vita should I go for an oled model or slim?

The whole launch has been a bit of a clusterfuck.

Whichever is cheaper.

OLED

Slim. OLED screens decay, without exception. You don't just get a "good one" or a "bad one" because OLED all suffer the same fate in the end. I have an OLED mp3 player that's probably got 10% of its original brightness level now.

Good thing even on the lowest brightness setting the Vita is pretty fucking bright.

Good thing my old CFW'd PSP still has 100% of it's original brightness because it's not built on a fundamentally flawed technology, and my PS Vita will be right there with me after the same amount of time.

Except both rely on lithium batteries which will be dead in ten years and no longer manufactured

It's already happening with the PSPs. The old genuine packs are swelling up and the third party fakes are a total crapshoot

archive.is/jrgAS
Jed "One bad wank away from murder-suicide" Whitaker loved Gal-Gun (8/10), but he still had to get digs in for "problematic content" to avoid the SocJus clique roasting him:
I'm also betting it's going to be the next memegame. Streamers are already playing it. I'd bet money the wackyvoice cancertubers will be all over it too.
This is a good thing. It could redpill normalfags against censorship.

I hope normalfags get so triggered by this game that they try to get it banned in the west and have to cry in a safe-place because the homescreen bubble raped them. The last thing in the fucking world we need is normalfags trying to break into weeb games.

That path ends in ruin and desolation.

RUIN AND DESOLATION

This - look at what happened to MegaTen, or Fire Emblem

DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT IMPLIES? When does that ever happen with youtubers? They produce whatever people will watch. They don't give a fuck about the content. If anything, it would increase the likelihood of someone buying censored shit.

I do hope that whatever game it is that Kato and Machida are working on is still going to be aimed at niche fans. Given the nature of their stuff they worked on prior at Nautilus, they seemed to take pride in making bizarre stuff that didn't have much mainstream appeal, even if it led to their publisher canning them and killing their franchise off.

They've already said in an interview that they had no plans to use Kickstarter either since they didn't think their existing fans would want them to go that route.

Just no. If anything I hope the game is offensive enough to keep normalfags the fuck away from anything Japanese. We're thirsty as fuck for ANYTHING uncensored because of all the casuals and normalfags getting into nip games and enabling the SJWs that somehow ended up in localization.

If it's the same as the nip version the vita version has long as fuck loading and runs a bit chuggy. PS4 versions always run better, and you may as well have a reason to turn the damn thing on if you have one.

It wont redpill them at all. The jewtubers will say the same "sexist, problematic, whatever" words they spew and normalfags will parrot that back. You cant just redpill someone by showing them stuff it has to be with information and showing them that this isnt what they have been lead to believe.
You would need someone popular enough to play it and start going on about why this is just a difference in culture and ideas. And that it isnt wrong etc.

If what user says about the potential of 1.67 is true, I wouldn't update it.
Instead, update your 2.xx vita to 3.18 and work from there.

I believe there's a way to update directly to 3.18, but I think that might require the PS3 proxy trick. I'd check wololo for more information on that. The forums will probably have something.

Personally, I'd just get the VHBL bubble on one or both, then just update with a JP and US account. I think he wanted to play PSP games, though, so staying on 3.18 for one of them wouldn't be a bad idea. Staying at 1.67 is not going to work out for long if he actually plans on using the thing. I don't think there's a game that came out this year that didn't require at least 3.30.

It doesn't matter really, but I'd go for a Slim as of now. It'll last longer, and it's more ergonomic.

Anyone play Asterisk War yet?

gematsu.com/2016/03/square-enix-consider-setsuna-ps-vita-localization-swell-demand

please use archive.is/2016/3/15/11238124/i-am-setsuna-vita-western-release

Nope. Laziness. If there's been an update, let me know. I'll just play Chrono Trigger in the meantime.

I'm down to play ROA later today. It'd be nice if we could start a little earlier, though. I think 9 or 10 EST would work.

Uh, is there a filter at play here?

There's filters for video game "journo" websites that are notoriously bad with clickbait and/or insulting of the people that should be their audience, with the note to use an archive of the page instead as to avoid giving them shekels for clicking. It's been that way for quite a while, not sure how you wouldn't know unless you haven't been here long (in which case, lurk moar).

Ys 8 is really fucking good, it's an amazing step up from Celceta. I'll buy it again if it gets localized so I can actually understand the dialogue.

what the fuck is wrong with you

You post here but you don't know Polygon is verboten?
You need to go back.

Taking that with a grain of salt, considering how dull Celceta was, but care to elaborate?

And the Polygon article was harmless. Kind of figured it was a filter.

Even if I did, this thread is dead, m8.

Yeah I started doing a split routine this weekend so I am at the gym twice a day and too tired to shitpost in the thread all the time.

This guy does a good run down of all the improvements

TL/DR; combat is improved and you are given a reason to adventure.

Polygon itself is a harmful cancerous tumor. Giving it attention only makes it worse and helps it grow.

The article could have been a copy/paste of a PR email, but that doesn't mean giving polygon clicks is okay.

That does seem better than Celceta. I'll keep it on my radar, even if I got burned pretty badly before.
I hope that's not the case. Bosses definitely take some time to defeat.

Guessing XSEED will announce Ys VIII after they see what sort of reception it gets in Japan?

Any news about a Valkyrie Drive release in Canada that won't set me back an additional 30 dollars because of shipping from the UK?

Well, as of yesterday it's still not up for order on Amazon, even here in the US.

For a game that's supposedly releasing this year, they're not doing a good job trying to make sure all their fans can preorder it. Same type of thing with the release for EDF 4.1 on Steam. Oh well.

Maybe someone with Twitter or whatever can ask them what's up with their still being no Amazon page to order from for a game set to release in the next month and half or so? Or if they're doing something exclusively through Rice Digital or whatever?

Falcom localizes most of its games on the VIta. Plus, it's Ys. There's nothing to worry about.

Considering the localization industry, that seems like the exact opposite of what you ought to do to understand the dialogue.

Aaaand I now have a reason to play games on PC again. And even less reason to get a PS4. YES.

Jesus fucking christ, I don't know why that made me laugh so much

working on the new thread now

Just emulate the ones that you can in PPSSPP, and buy the one's you can't, like Brandish last I checked you couldn't emulate Brandish anyway…

However, PQube DID confirm that they would be putting it up on Amazon at some point, like they did with GalGun.

agreed, they really should've had the pre-order up a good while ago. The games comes out in just under two months after all. I'm rather surprised. I'd have to wager they have some sort of exclusivity gig with Rice Digital for the first few weeks or something.

sorry I haven't been around recently to play, work's kept me pretty busy and pretty tired. What little time I do have to play, I find myself going to MonHun.

new thread here: