I'm surprised by how enjoyable this shit is...

I'm surprised by how enjoyable this shit is. It is really just Euro Truck simulator but more fun and with less down time.

Does anybody know if you can buy ships with the credits you earn in the game or do you have to pay real cash?

Anybody else here play?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/268667-UAs-Barnacles-other-mysteries-Thread-7-The-Canonn
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991423127/
oolite.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What?

Exactly what I wrote. I can only find options to buy better parts with ingame credits

Go to Shipyard.

Shipyard is where you buy ships.
Outfitting is where you buy parts.

At least play the game for more than an hour before posting about it jesus. But yes it does give you a trucker vibe; If the trucker is ambushed by often by pirates that usually want to kill toy for anthing or nothing. Cargo haul and mining jobs are shit because you will get into as much combat as a bounty hunter but at least a bounty hunter has the weapons and speed to defend himself.

Oh and if you actually want to buy shit for outfitting or ships look for actual stations and not outposts. The ones shaped like cubes usually have the best selection, but at least the ring stations will have SOMETHING.

Oh ya, finding that mailslot on the coriolis. Request docking then target the fucker.
You see those arrows on the side on your little hologram to the left of your radar? Go that way, they point to the side with the mail slot.

There's needs to be goals other than better ships and parts, right now it just gets boring. Otherwise it's a great game.

Anyone know of a good hotas for this? I really want to try it but I heard the mouse controls are gay.

The game is supposedly designed around the Saitek X52 Pro specifically.

But it's shit though. It's not like Eurotruck where the scenery at least changes slightly. If you like staring that the same background while clicking a few buttons to initiate trades. Then flying 5-20 minutes, depending on how autistic you are in able to stomach huge Ls distances.
The only cool part is jumping between systems and that takes 15 seconds.

Go for a Thrustmaster X and voice attack.

The thrustmaster is solid and cheap but it lacks ALL the buttons you'll want. Voice attack fixes that. Get yourself set up with voice commands for all the non-time sensitive stuffs.

It's really a matter of preference

Hotas+Pedals guys can dance circles around people and KBM guys can blow the nuts off a gnat at 2 km.

I don't mind mouse and keyboard.
I feel like because there is no up/down in space or gravity using fps style controls works fine for me.
Pitch/Yaw the ship with up down left right with the mouse and strafe/thrust is left right forward backwards with the wasd keys. Throttle up and down on R and F. Roll on q and e.
I use alt as toggle for the look function.

These work fine for me.

Are there more games that use hotas other than this game? I would really consider into getting that saitek if it would be useful for other games,(Arma 3 for example) if not that thrustmaster seems it could be alright.

Is it cracked or something yet?

lol hotwheels.

Arma 3 has full HOTAS support. The A-10 is pretty fun. Doing gun runs on targets is challenging, but laser guided bombs work pretty well now.

Nope. Uses AWS to store saves and pull persistent universe stuffs like what faction owns what and commodity prices/quantities.

Naw. The only reason I got it was because it was really discounted at around christmas

damnit
I wish the post window was larger so I could see all of what I type properly

My advice on Horizons is see if you enjoy the base game first. Horizons does add to the game, but it isn't world changing.

Once the mythical "Multi-crew" comes out that may change.

Also avoid Powerplay like the fucking plague. It's just grindy bullshit.

You can make it bigger. look in the corner of the chatbox right above the "select/drop/paste files here" thing and drag on the 2 little lines on there.

Nope, it's always online shit.

Then that saitek might be worth it, time to stop drinking for while to save up to get that and this game.

I've heard from a friend that was a huge fan of the original Elite and played the shit out of the new one that it was absolute shit.

I'm probably gonna end up picking it up if it goes down to 5 euros like the main game, but that's it really.

If he was pre-1.5 the game has changed a lot.
I'll admit to being a massive fag for this game. I think it does a lot right. It has a fantastic flight model, the BGS stuff is pretty engaging and driving on high g planets is pretty fun.

I know it isn't for everyone, but it's gotten a lot better with 1.6/2.1. The combat is actually fun now.

Saitek's QC has gone down the toilet. Go with the Thrustmaster then save your shekels for a CH Products rig or a Thrustmaster Warthog

Well I'm a fucking idiot. I never looked at the corner of the text field. assumed it would be on the whole panel.

This is the worst feature ever.

Shit game. Don't buy. It gets old real fast and the devs abandoned it and resold it as ED Horizons as a cash grab.

Anyone remotely interested in the lore the Thargoid plot has finally moved into a gear.

If you use a discovery scanner in front of an unknown probe it shuts down your ships ui and plays some spooky noises, the noises translate into the posted image which is being described as something like the voyagers golden disk.

Just recently players have been noting that ships are taking random module damage for no reason around merope 5c (npcs and cmdrs) this is the system the alien barnacles have been found.

Unknown artifacts when sold en mass through a stations black market actually shut down the station systems (they also cause module damage when carried inside your ship) and was used recently by a group of imperial players to shut down a federal community goal. The meta alloys which drop from the barnacles in merope when delivered actually revert these negative effects of the UAs.

If you turn report crimes against you off the cops won't get your distress call when you engage with pirates etc, it's under functions.

Is that a passanger plane dodging a volcano?

my girlfriend actually bought me the saitek x52 pro specifically because i expressed interest in this game and i've used it in tons since. the saitek program for mapping functions is okay, but remember that it's just a matter of programming your game to know what you've got installed hardware-wise and use that software-wise

for example, i've used this exact stick for DCS, war thunder, arma 2, TIE Fighter/X-Wing Alliance/other star wars sims, and a couple more I can't think of at the moment

shit, I had a spare joystick lying around that was almost identical to the X52 that I gave to girlfriend's father, and we programmed it to work with the only game he plays: world of warships. you're only really limited by how autistic you are at mapping keys, you could use this shit with fucking emulators or whatever

It really isn't.

The Complete Guide To E:D Gameplay:
- Shoot a rock, get credits
- Shoot a ship, get credits
- Shoot a star, get credits
- Sell goods, get credits

Repeat ad nauseam.

And…?

the game lacks any interesting gameplay decision making process, and is balanced just to make you bored and stop playing.

Exactly. It doesn't even have the simple balance of higher risk/higher reward so babbies never have to leave their comfort zone.

The game has enough things to complain about. You don't need to make shit up.

no thanks

Well, what's it supposed to be then if not a cash grab? Early Access DLC?

be gone, shill!

unless you get disconnected while in those loading screens, then they last forever

expansion packs
although main development has moved on to Horizons the base game still gets basic "trickle down" updates
you miss out on landing on moons and planets, and by not being able to land on those you don't get access to the engineers and module modifications

Which are another massive grind.

Yeah. What are you supposed to do in space sims anyway? I never played the older ones or Freelancer. Lot of them sound like they have chill space cruising, but ultimately you have to save the whatever from the bad guys, and doesn't Elite revolve around the Thargoids at the end? Should these new space sims all be endless psuedo mmos?

Go home braben, no one wants your vision.

E:D is a fucking abomination of a space sim and faggots literally only like it because it looks pretty.

You fucking newfaggots piss me off so much, if you had any fucking clue about this game you would be fucking embarrassed to make any thread about it.

If it's already forced to be always online, then perhaps player interaction should be the focus instead of grinding pointless shit. But nooooo, we can't have that because PvE babbies would shit their pants.

He's right though.
Also >(2)

I never said he's wrong, only that he's mad
mad at people liking something he doesn't
the game has many faults, but so does every other game in existance that has been designed to keep people playing them longterm

someone decided to make this game and go "you know those freemium games where people have to pay money to cut down on grinding and thats the main source of revenue? what if we didn't have the microtransactions but kept the grind the same as if they were there"

there are things like community goals, which are sort of week long grinding missions where you have to either hunt and destroy wanted ships and turn in their bounty vouchers, go explore distant systems and scan the planets or tranport commodities which will net you at least 500000 credits for minimal effort and upwards of 10 million or more if you go full NEET

but that's what the game is, it's a time sink
if you don't enjoy this type of time sink there are many other time sinks to choose from

Are you really bragging about 500,000?
You could make that much in 30 minutes by hunting at resource zones.

Then they nerfed it to death, then it was smuggling then they nerfed it to death.

The only thing to do in this game is TOO SINK TIME.

Ingame Credits is the only way. Frontier only sells you cosmetics for Cash. Some Ships are only accessible if you have certain rank for some faction.

Nice lies. Did you know that Braben is going to introduce space dinosaurs that try to communicate to people by aping the docking computer?

Its not a lie, its pretty obvious ED: is just a money scheme.
They rushed release back when it was in still developing then turned around and funded their roller coaster tycoon rip.

Then when the shit happened with Horizons and the community didn't support it, he moved back the Engineers update in order to punish the community for not bending over.

What fucking game on steam has mixed rating including DLC that is of any quality to you?

How the fuck do Steam Cucks have better taste?

I wrote for minimal effort
you can make 500000 by buying and selling slaves in 1 jump if the station prices are the same as a few weeks back
the point I wanted to make is that you only need to turn in 1 bounty voucher, trade 1 commodity or sell 1 bit of exploration data to be able to get the money

is there anything else to do in other games?

There are a few. I am too lazy to open up steam now and take a look, because its fucking hot.

You are aware that you can get the game from Frontier directly without Steam? You are sperging since 4 posts and I am sure as hell that you will have the record when I come back from all the other shit I have to do in real life. What I read from you is that the game failed to be the amazing vision you wanted and now you are upset, because you can't grind your way out of the content. Meanwhile, I rather do what want in that game, namely landing on various planets, mining shit out of the and maybe some combat. The Missions themselves got an overhaul so you don't get an overhaul. If you still have the need for useless anger, there is a guy named Corpsealot on Youtube. Maybe he is willing to deal with you.

Yes, in most games you are advancing to do something, clear harder dungeons, progress the story, get a weapon guarded by a hard enemy, explore new areas, etc.

In ED: You are earning money for the sake of earning money, so you can get a better ship to earn you more money.

So you really can't but still want to argue that there is.
Which has to do with what faggot? How in gods name does it being available on their site make your taste somehow better?

No it failed to be what is promised, and failed to be a good game which is why its shit on even on Steam.

The grind is the content you dipshit

No they fucking didn't lying out your goddamn teeth, its still go here do destroy this, gather this, go here and deliver this.
I've played better mission in an actual mmo, EVE, but even those have more interesting things happen.

Fucking travesty of standards and taste.

Any way to try this for free/pirate it?

this is the same as
the exception is that Erectile Dysfunction is a sandbox and not a themepark

it's allways online, even in solo "offline" play

Sadly no. A pirated version that could work without the crutch of transfer servers and online data storage would be a feat of technical genius.

That's only the progression in your Gear. There are the rough Activities you can become Elite in. You can also ignore the ranks and do what the hell you want. Thanks to Frontier's vision for the end goal that could as well serve as issuance of collective insanity, there is not much yet.

I don't disagree that there's few things to do when it all boils down to transporting shit from A to B, bounty hunting or looking at stars
but what else can you add to the game that doesn't become a tedium in the end?

there's also this alien shit going on with images transmitted through sound which is sort of interresting
forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/268667-UAs-Barnacles-other-mysteries-Thread-7-The-Canonn

There are a few things they want to add. Only problems here are first they aren't a tedium at all on paper, which means you can't grind shit with them and second Frontier is is unwilling to add any content that doesn't serve any purpose. The latest thing they added are ship wrecks. You can find for example a crashed Diamondback on planet surfaces that give could have data and very likely free shit you can haul into your ship. Another planned thing are space stations in asteroids. According to the stuff I have read, everything else that is planned for fleshing out what is already there falls into the same line and they will cause more anal pain, because the rank bar won't go up from the additional shit. What many people also don't see is all the role playing shit they add into the game.

You sound like a fanboy arguing the same copy/pasted arguments on the steam discussion forums.
Its not a sandbox, a sandbox implies there is something to do and things to effect.
You can do none of these other then community goals which are boring as shit and don't do much except new stations and items that you can find 4 jumps away.

No what many people see is a grindy, empty game that offers no content.
WHICH IS WHY ITS RATED MIXED ON THE STEAM CUCK STORE

you must hang around the steam forums alot to know what goes on there, maybe you should keep it that way and maybe get something for your rektal pains

Cry more bitch nigga, no one likes your game.
This thread would already 404 if it wasn't for me hurting your feelings.
The game isn't even liked by steam fags its

DED
D
E
DEAD

Just another question, is it just me or do most of the guns work like shit?

I had the opportunity to try a few of the others, but shit the burst lasers you get on your starting ship are still better. What should I buy?

Also is there no way to unlock the paint jobs in game?

No got to pay braben.
Also they cost about 5 dollars or more.

This is news to me. I thought you start with Pulse Lasers. As far as suitable weaponry is concerned, it depends on what you want to do with your ship. First of the bat, always equip weapons with gimbals if you seriously suck. If you want general all purpose defense on your tiny tincan, go ahead and pic a pair of Burst Lasers. If you want to go bounty hunting, add a pair of Auto Cannons to the orderal to eat through armor faster. Slightly larger vessels can can also go around shoot shit with Regular Cannons in the bigger slots. The best energy weapon in the game for people that are shit dog fighters are still Beam Lasers which are unsuitable for small ships due to their energy hunger and heat development. Now to the shit that needs skill. Rockets are in general a good choice for finishing the job after the shields are gone. Torpedoes are the anti shield equivalent of missiles. Plasma Accelerators are not bad if you hit, but they need long to load. Mines are in general considered useless. There is Gauss cannon that compromises strength against shields and hulls for being good at dealing with both, but I don't have any experience with these so far.

You are not done outfitting yet. You should always bring a chaff launcher as defense against turreted and gimballed weapons with you with you. If you want to specialize in combat, take at least one class B or A shield booster. Everything else is optional and depends on how much energy your ship can pony up. For bounty hunters who have enough juice left, I recommend putting in a shield cell bank. With this you can get out of sticky situations.

tl;dr
Your weapons of choice if you don't want to do combat are 2 gimballed burst lasers.

All cosmetics are only available in the Item Shop. You can also not pay Frontier and do without them.

do you allways act like a jealous ex-girlfriend when you see people having fun, or is it only when you're on your period?

It would be fine if you were pirating it, but you can't because its always online.
A feature that mad Sim City and other games hated here.

It would be fine if it didn't fail to deliver on its EA promises something else that is hated here.

It would be fine if they didn't choose abusive practices like censorship on their forums and releasing DLC as EA.

It would be fine if they weren't fully trying to Jew.

It would be fine if you could actually give a reason why I should leave you faggots alone other then.

There is a reason people don't like you cucks, its because when you fucking idiots buy shit like this and it becomes mainstream you then turn around and bitch about it.

Because you are either too young or too stupid to realize your mindless consumerism effects all of us you nigger.

that's fine user
you can pretend this is a little hugbox community that dare not step out of line out of fear for being called names
it doesn't change the fact that your posts read like a vindictive girlfriend out to try and ruin what the guy who dumped her finds fun to do
stay mad user, summer is almost over and then you have to go back to school

It is a hugbox, you obviously can't stand criticism about the game you are having massive buyers remorse.
Its okay guy, I understand you already payed for it, you're past the two hour return and now figure you might as well pretend you are having a good time.

I've seen my friends to the same while playing Skyrim, its okay bud.

Dude you have 10 replies in a thread about a game you hate and, I think, you actually haven't played and you can't seem to accept that people enjoy different things than you.

I'm not sure if you're just baiting for replies, if you're underage, or if you legitimately think what you say, but point is that you sound like a massive retard and have barely no objective points to say that this is a bad game. It's just your dumb, subjective, uninformed opinion.

Please go chimp out somewhere else

You must be new here.
Yet you can't form a rebuttal at all.
You sound like a college student calling someone dumb or uneducated yet unable to produce an argument of substance.

If I am retarded or stupid why do you struggle to make an argument other then
Do you often lose arguments to those you view retarded?

fucking lel

user your a mess, take a nap.

that was my first post.
I came here to laugh at you.

That's not a response. Just because there's another 100 people here that are as autistic as you doesn't mean you don't look retarded for doing exactly the same.

But that's exactly what you're doing, Even when asked you can't seem to form an argument that isn't "lol it's bad because I say so and you have buyer's remorse".
I mean really? You can try and sound like a smart guy all you want, but if the shit you write is stupid then it all really falls apart.

Keep doing what you want, but so far you've just proven being buttmad and irrational.

You must be new here.

Yet you can't form a rebuttal at all.

You sound like a college student calling someone dumb or uneducated yet unable to produce an argument of substance.

If I am retarded or stupid why do you struggle to make an argument other then

Do you often lose arguments to those you view retarded?

weird

inb4

No you came here to defend the game.
Why else would you be in a thread with a game your uninterested in?
When I see a game I'm not interested in I don't click it.
At least the other faggot is honest about being a fanboy(t).

You are on a imageboard which encourages free speech and freedom of thought.
You are making a thread about a game, that does not mean you are free to only discuss the GOOD ELEMENTS of the game which are few and far between which is why this thread was on page 8 before I strolled along.

You seem to struggle with ALL OF THIS, so I question how familiar you are with this board.
When DD came out we had people shitting on the game but we didn't whine and cry when people did because its actually a good game so you can come up with arguments for its quality.

Really so you are saying that nowhere in this thread I have listed arguments on the flaws on the game and why its bad?
You really want to say that?

I think what I'm saying is pretty simple to understand it may seem stupid to you, because again you are blinded by the $60 dollars you paid.

Saw the same thing in the X-com 2 threads.

The gods of infinite chan deem my argument worthy, time to form a rebuttal on what makes the game good or make a rebuttal about the argument I listed here.

No you came here to defend the game.
Why else would you be in a thread with a game your uninterested in?
When I see a game I'm not interested in I don't click it.
At least the other faggot is honest about being a fanboy(t).

You are on a imageboard which encourages free speech and freedom of thought.
You are making a thread about a game, that does not mean you are free to only discuss the GOOD ELEMENTS of the game which are few and far between which is why this thread was on page 8 before I strolled along.

You seem to struggle with ALL OF THIS, so I question how familiar you are with this board.
When DD came out we had people shitting on the game but we didn't whine and cry when people did because its actually a good game so you can come up with arguments for its quality.

Really so you are saying that nowhere in this thread I have listed arguments on the flaws on the game and why its bad?
You really want to say that?

I think what I'm saying is pretty simple to understand it may seem stupid to you, because again you are blinded by the $60 dollars you paid.

Saw the same thing in the X-com 2 threads.

And I'm not saying you should, but you're not talking about why it's bad, you're just shiptosting because you personally don't like it.

And sure at some point you did make arguments, despite them being pretty dumb like >>10120391
but then that devolved into you and another faggot insulting each other. Which is not discussion. It's just two kids name calling each other.

Again your go-to arguments seem to be to call people newfags.

I don't give a fuck about discussing why you think the game is bad honestly, I just wanted to have a thread to ask questions. If you don't like it then it's fine, I just don't care. At all.

I also came in here to laugh at him.

As a "god" should :).

You are on another level of hypocrisy, I had points which have yet to be rebuked.
The only arguments here were.

But, this is after backpedaling first you said I lacked any arguments, then after linking them to you, you didn't like that I was calling people mean names.
Despite the fact that's all I received after giving multiple reasons the game is shit.

Drop a knee nigger, you are arguing with your better.

Yep sure is summer.

But nobody will. Because you behave like a retard with aspergers. And nobody cares about discussing something like this with someone that is this autistic about a game.

I mean shit look at this

You're complaining about summer. That's just the lowest kind of shitposting you can have.

The only people who view me as an autist or think that autist is a proper insult in the hive of autists.
You don't even understand what shitposting is, look buddy lurk moar.

I knew immediatly when I saw this thread that it was made by newfriends.

You are discussing a game that has been discussed to death back when it was just coming out.
Back when it was in development it was ED vs Star Citizen
There were endless thread on 4chaim discussing this shit game, you being surprised that people dislike this game is the biggest redflag.

alright bud, whatever you say
I'm not gonna waste my time with someone that actually uses ad-hominem

Well you could always make a rebuttal.
But, if you want this thread to die so be it.

I'm still here but I know fuck all about the game

Its simple you grind hours doing the same exact thing over and over again.
Think an MMO but with even grindier more boring missions.
You get paid shit.

Then you get a better ship which allows you to grind more missions to get a better ship.

Then you get the best ship and after you realize after 100+ hours of grinding you have shit to do other then grind merit which decays every week, to unlock either ships that are inferior to the one you have OR do very little in terms of effect on the galaxy.

If anything DO NOT buy the Horizons DLC, its boring as shit, planets look awful have nothing to explore and the pay out for most missions on them is 2000 spacebucks.

The game is extremely boring. It's pretty, but it's boring as hell. Glad I got a refund on it.

How so user? I was gifted this game on release but I got bored with space piracy and mercenary work and ended up dropping the game entirely. If they made combat more engaging somehow I'd love to get back into it.

Exploration is still the same as it was on launch. That's how much the devs care about their game.

it's pretty much the same I guess
didn't do too much bounty hunting before the hostile NPC AI update, but after that update you saw shit like the embedded clip for a couple of days

Turn off flight control

there's a still the artificial speed limit which prevents the autists from being fully immersed, because muh newtonian physics doesn't have speed limits other than that of light

just encountered this system on my way back to pick up my ASP Explorer before I head out to 80 DD-D 774-CE-2 in the Eol Prou RS-T d3-94 system

IT gets really dull reallly fast, unfortunately. You eventually realize that you've done literally everything in the game in the first couple of hours, and the rest is grind.

Just play DCS.

Oops. Meant to paste, Just play DCS. You'll eventually realize that you've done literally everything in the game in the first couple of months, but at least you'll know how to fly a Mig21, A10, or Ka50 when you're done.

this right here

i went to sag *a a couple of months ago and i can't even fly back to the bubble because it's such a fuckin grind

hopefully when thargoids roll in something interesting will finally happen with the game

I HATE VIDEO GAMES

found out that they fucked up and made one of the community goals Horizons only, which is why I spent 2 days jumping between stations wondering why the fuck eddb.io listed commodities that didn't exist

I think there is a lot of reference named places throughout the game. I wonder if Mogo the Green Lantern is anywhere.

those textures lmao

Actually thought the first one was a photoshopped pasteque or melon at first.

The recent update gave planets much better textures but they refuse to load them past a km away so vistas look awful.

Same goes for the gas giants they haven't done any work on them to make them not look like crap up close, I am running on pretty low settings keep in mind.

ED's pretty fun if you get a wing formed (speaking of which do we have a steam group or anything?) even if you're just fucking around in a RES. Alone it gets old fast.

The devs are pretty good from a technical standpoint. Great software, great visuals and atmosphere. But shitty game design. Supposedly the next small update will cut back on engineer material grind so maybe they are slowly learning, maybe not.

I haven't played this game for months.

There's space stations in deep space now?

I'm looking at your second pic and it seems like it's thousands of lightyears away from the space around Sol. Nebula are pretty far away and the closest ones are 2 dark nebulas.

There's one. Devs finally got off their lazy asses and moved Jacques orbital way out. Then got back on their lazy asses.

Is there anything special in there?

No.

High grade comedy right there, could be a britbong sketch.

This game hasn't been good since beta 2. Too many 40 something year old British men complained on the official forum about how it wasn't identical to the first Elite in terms of controls and physics. Hence why we have an engine capable of fully newtonian simulation but a control scheme that's gimped to make it work like an arcaade PoS. Even turning flight assist off was gimped with no manual options for roll/pitch/yaw dampeneing independent of the ships velocity. Gotta make it easy for the lowest common denominator. Glad it didn't work out even though I backed it, they deserve to fail for lying through their teeth. The gameplay loop is also the most boring one I've ever forced myself to play through.

I don't get any of that.

Don't listen to these guys. >>10116410

Get CH Products. They last forever, are a good price, and everything just works. Downside is the stick doesn't have twist-yaw but you can map it to something else or get pedals.

Voice attack is cool though.

But here's the thing. E:D isn't worth getting a Hotas setup for. It's easily dropped. If you play other space/flight sims though then go for it.

Yeah. I wasn't thinking much at the time, and just that came to mind to point out. The game actually works plenty well with a mouse and keyboard, and I've got a good setup right here.

mouse controls
flight rotation
flight thrust
flight throttle
flight misc

That's another thing: Their forums are filled with more Yes Men than Reddit. And they HATE anything another game does. There is no room for development here with those people around.

like the oppoesite of QWEASD plus whatever fucking buttons you use for pitch up/down and roll left/right? just dampen movement in those vectors, if vector is the right word for it?
that would have been real fucking neat

the first bunch of letters and numbers is the name of the station, but everyone just calls it Jaques station, the second bunch of letters and numbers is the star system it's located in

voice attack is cool, tried the trial out yesterday and it works pretty well
only problem I have with the trial is that you can't define more trigger words or phrases for the same action without it eating up another macro slot out of the 21 you get with the trial
they also have some scummy practice that makes the program start slower and slower the more times you start it
I looked around for a free open source program and found GAVPI that does exactly the same thing, for the most part, and you can have a lot of trigger words or phrases for the same action
it works a little bit differently from Voice attack in that you just fill the Action Sequences part of the profile window with all the shit you want it to do and then add tthe actions to trigger phrases
in the image full weapons is the trigger phrase that triggers the default power reset command then 3 sets of 1 pip to weapons in a row, so unlike voice attack you can reuse the same action for different macros (I haven't found a way to do it with voice attack but maybe there is a way)
and surprisingly, even though it realy shouldn't, you can do the same thing both of those programs do with windows speech recognition software if you download the windows speech recognition macro addon
it's a little more cumbersome to set up the macros, and I don't know if you can make it give feedback for when executing the macro like you can with Voice Attack and GAVPI with the speech synthesizer, but you probably can since they both use the windows speech engine

Also anybody got any cool systems with anything special in them? Or are they mostly the same all over?

just like real space
don't worry, No Man's Sky will be right up your alley :^)

He means your ship's rotation would still have flight assist but its vector would not. That would make FA Off actually useful though so it will never happen.

It's basically all just random shit so not really. As far as sorta cool places go, HIP 43296 has a pristine metallic ring around a brown dwarf star. Also a station close by. Making it both a good place to mine, and having a really cool view while you do it.

that would have been useful, VERY useful

This, it would make flight work basically the same as in Elite II and III, but the old men complained that it would give people who could actually wrap their head around newtonian space combat an unfair advantage over themselves, who just wanted to play an arcade flightsim with stars as a coat of paint; so we ended up with the shit result of an arcade flight sim with an optional newtonian mode (FAoff) that's been gimped to be as unusable as possible in combat so that the 40 something year old men's feelings don't get hurt, god forbid they lose a fight in their virtual spaceship.

The excuse the devs used was that they didn't want combat to turn into turrets, which is what most idiots were doing when confronted with newtonian combat for the first time.
In reality, the only difference is they now turret on the ships vertical axis rather than horizontal, every battle in this shitty arcade game is literally just pulling back on the stick and rocking the throttle for twenty minutes until someone finally gets damaged enough to either press the easymodeescapewouldntwantanyonesfeelingsgettinghurt button or somehow get destroyed, maybe due to a heart attack from doing nothing but sit in a chair playing Euro Truck Simulator without the scenery, or the traffic, of the goals, or the music, or anything approaching fun.

Also for the best selection, try going to the spacecubes in high tech star systems.

Shame the game's still a case of "you better like space truckin' or you're going to have a bad time"
I fucking love space truckin

GOML

for what purpose

don't you shit on comfy sidewinder-chan

loaded up the tutorial mission just for the picture. I was usually in an Asp back then. So turning up the FFB to be really heavy for yaw made it feel dank as all hell, like you really were trucking around space in a 300tonne space truck

At the very least in the more maneuverable ships you can hit fa off and boost to turn much quicker then usual. The people who have mastered FA off absolutely wreak shit either way.

On the last Educating Edd (run by the games community manager) stream someone combat logged on stream when Ed went to do some pirating. Fucking hilarious.

Cheapest ship in the game man. what else would you go around flying like a manic through the letter box in?

SPACESHIPS ARE FOR

HUGS ONLY

iCutter of course

but you're already deep inside of her

NOT YET!

Only have 3 heat sinks for the whole trip and now on my way back from Jacques, ouch.

ED: is shit stop making excuses

It's not shit it just lacks depth.

Plus it handles like a flight sim

This is why I'm happy to see all new space games fail. What they're doing is endless sky, not space. They should just clone Ace Combat if that's what they want.

Mouse and keyboard is fine if that's what you're enjoying. Don't feel like you need to drop some serious bucks on flight gear if you don't want to. Same goes for driving games and wheel controllers.

spoken like a true retard that forgets to sage

The reason the game is objectively shit has been discussed to death here. Just because you're new and haven't seen it doesn't mean we aren't aware what a tremendous scam this game is.

People seem to enjoy it plenty, and the thread has gotten to 153 replies and is still active after a week.
So I doubt it's been discussed to death. I know you get triggered when someone is doing something you don't like, but you'd have a much easier life if you didn't get booty bothered every time that happens.

Try to contain the autism, kay champ?

Close your eyes or leave the thread if you don't lile the game being discussed here. This isnt your hugbix and we'll not stop having fun with it just because you think it's bad.

No.

Most of which are shitposting and calling OP and his shill buddies faggots.

I haven't made any excuses for it, you retard.

which is why you should stop doing that for things that you don't like, makes them go away all that much faster

This even people who backed the game were screaming not to buy it.
The ED: general on cuckchan even shit on the game and generally had no hope for anything of quality.

How the fuck is there so little to talk about that BioShock Infinite general had more regular posting then ED general which died more often then preemies to obese mothers.

sinatra's music and ED, matchin fuckin puzzle pieces my friend

That's pretty neat.

"Not a bug, it's a feature!"

I'm sure these evildoers were banned for this sort of non-approved community interaction??

Absolute Classic rock (British radio station) pairs awesomely with mining too.

Comfy times

Nope

But what did happen before is they tried to shutdown the cg first via killing lots of system security which forced the station into lockdown.

It ended up being reverted by fdev because they didn't realize that it was possible to halt a cg this way via the background sim and probably also for plot reasons.

It doesn't help that a lot of federal players are actually more solo pilots which makes it more difficult for the Feds side to group together and fight the background sim like this, either by killing pirates in the system and unlocking the station and then when the station was shutdown by UA bombing delivering meta alloys.

What was funny was the player group that did this did it in open and could have easily been stopped be a federation group.

Even funnier one of the players from the group dropped into the safe space mobius and tried to stop players from helping the CG by himself, he was one pilot and all the other players in mobius instead of killing him ran to their mods and Fdev instead.

Should I buy this game?

only if you don't mind doing the same shit over and over again, there's little to no veriety to the things you do
everything is just wither jump from A to B, kill pirates or go looking at unexplored systems, which pretty much looks the same after you have visited 10 systems or so

No. Maybe check in on it every now and then but don't get your hopes up.

If you can find a key from when the game was very discounted then yes.

This. I enjoy it plenty much, but holy fucking christ don't pay full price. $20 at the very maximum.

The first few hours suck, then it gets slightly better because it SEEMS to open up and then you quickly reach the boundaries of what the devs allow you to do.

Space Engine manages to look better while also having proper astrophysical modelling in place.

Just compare.

Doesn't the size of the black hole have an impact on if you can actually see the hole part?

I'll give you it though Sag A is big enough and it should also have an accretion disc too.

Does Space Engine have as much detail as the airless planets? I've only played around with it a little but. Because I started to loose track of time when I did

But you don't even do anything in Space Engine. It's screenshot simulator

You don't do anything meaningful in ED either. :^)

You can never see the hole part, because it has no dimension. It's just a point with no length, width or height.
You can sort of see the event horizon, which is just an imaginary line in space beyond which the hole's escape velocity exceeds the speed of light, from the way it warps light around it.

Generally, a black hole is only visible at all if it's actively devouring matter, because it emits powerful x-rays while doing so. Otherwise, you'd most likely never know there's one nearby until it's too late.

Wouldn't you see the warping of light around you long before you reach the horizon?
And the exclusion zone

I dropped in on a black hole in E:D and it was only 30km away, I'm pretty sure nothing interesting happens if you get close, besides your ships heat skyrocketing.

you used to be able to fly through them without anything special happening before, which looked sort of interesting, but don't think you can do that anymore though

It depends how massive the black hole is, honestly. If the event horizon is enormous, you might notice the lensing from a fair distance, though it would be very hard to notice - space doesn't have bright colorful nebular backdrops like you see in false-color and highly-magnified astronomy photos or sci-fi games.

For the most common black holes, you'd have to be right on top of them before you noticed anything unusual.

I've got an ancient set of CH pedals and a flight yoke, someday I'm going to sit down and work out mappings for everything. I tried once with the demo/singleplayer thing, but it boiled down to aiming with my feet, which was ridiculously hard.

I'm just wondering because I have a joystick, I like space games, I like comfy immersive games, I like exploration (when there are new things to see), but I'm really put off by its lack of depth and how many people say it's utter shit. It just seems like a very empty game and not just because its in space.

Don't aim with yaw, aim with pitch. Yaw is for making minor flight adjustments on approach to a landing pad, otherwise you should be using roll+pitch for everything else you ever do.

As someone who was big into exploration: Don't do it. I asked about the Exploration mechanics the other day on the Steam forums and even the fags over there had to admit that they changed absolutely nothing about it since launch. You spend more time in warp or scooping fuel than actually exploring and if you get blown up on your way home you lose everything.

There is also nothing to explore. Once you've seen a neutron star and a black hole, you've seen it all.

Try X3, either Albion Prelude or Terran Conflict. They're a bit obtuse at the start but once you have things figured out there's a lot to see and do

I did some long exploration trips. Here's how it breaks down if you want to explore for profit:

1. Fly out towards the galactic core for about 1500 light years ignoring fucking EVERYTHING on your way. Just warp warp warp as fast as you can.
2. Search the area at this distance for huge fields of neutron stars.
3. Scan as many as you can navigate to without running out of scoopable stars - if you run out of fuel you're SOL.
4. Warp back home as fast as you can.
5. Make 10-20 million credits.

Caveat: The trip will take you at least 8 hours of non-stop FTL jumping. Each way. Have fun.

Is 10-20 Million worth spending at least 16 hours?

Might need a cockpit mod for X3.

No. You can easily make 5-10 million per hour doing trade runs.

Is this game worth buying? it looks fun.

see

rendering a 7.5 minute long webm of some space trucking, although this is going out empty to go get shit because the station I'm selling shit at for the community goal have jack all to buy

No not really the devs are kikes as well.

can't fit it in 8mb unless I make it a resolution suitable for ants

Still play, but I'm stuck on just using the Vulture atm. Python would be the next thing I want to move into fuck the FDL.

Only have base game, though I would buy Horizons in a heart beat.

I use my old 360 controller which I've finetuned in game to be extremely responsive and then use Voice attack to do everything else. God bless Voice attack. I use the Anubis free voicepack as well.

First picture isn't close enough. He's still too far away. I've encountered several black holes now.

Accretion disks are coming

Exploration is my favorite damn part of E:D even though I don't have the Patience for long trips. Get a Type 6 or Asp Scout with extra fuel and Rank A FSD and a Rank A fuel scoop and then make the trip out to Betelgeuse. It's damn impressive. It shouldn't take longer then half a day.

The nebula not too far away has a Blue or Yellow Supergiant IIRC but there's a black hole in the system as well.

Black Holes still cause my hairs to stand up. Shit is eldritch as fuck. You can hear all the sounds from your ship getting distorted and then you'll start to see the exhaust from your engines start traveling in front of you as the exhaust gets sucked in. Not to mention the superb lensing effect

Don't forget FSD mods from Engineers which because of how Frontier does updates the fixes to make the grind less grindy arn't in yet.

They announce the fixes then don't immediately implement them.

This was fun.

I wanted to record jumping into the system with the black hole I found, come in the 2nd time cause I'd already scanned the black hole It locked on to it and accelerated me as soon as I jumped in sending me right into it at top speed.

Just goes to show how small they usually are.

This is literally what I'm afraid is going to happen on a long trip.

Shit taste detected cap'n.

I did get Python first though personally, since I started as a trader.

how about an ebin controller with a built in wheel, 2 extra buttons and rebindable keys modeled after the banana e3 ps3 controller?

Roll + pitch was crazy hard in said demos, I found myself resorting to yaw out of FPS instincts.

>start up solo
Are AI pythons just money pinatas now? They don't seem interested in fighting back anymore.

It's a special kind of pain.

Doubtless Guild Wars spoiled us, but the reason is that Frontier doesn't use the two virtual servers method for patching: they only have a single server and it has to go offline to be updated.

So they are reluctant to do fast small patches, because of downtime.

Thanks for reminding that I paid for this piece of shit, asshole!

you are welcome

I wonder if No Man's Sky will be better.

You're not alone in this, I expected comfy spacetrucking with buddies, but the buddies were a lie.

bump

Game is shit, don't bother

:^)

i can be your space trucking buddy but i still dont know how to do a big space trucking group

y tho?

You have to make a steam group or something then wing up in the game.

It's fucking dumb the devs should make player groups a part of the game since they use them so much for community content. They advertise the community then don't help them at all.

we can make a discord server/join one and wing up that way

Worse grind than the average Korean F2P MMO.

There are routes to make millions all the time if you bother looking
right now It's Sothis

Trading is probably the second most boring thing after mining.

Well then this game clearly isn't for you if you can't get comfy.

its super comfy with vr headset on, but my thrustmaster hotas 4 or whatever doesnt have that many button for misc ship option. i did read here that voice attack helps a lot but is it confirmed that it is super good?

As said, you see where your friends are in the galaxy and then you have to meet up someplace but there was no incentive to do so. I read that bounty hunting can be more risky now than it was before but I dunno, only got 75 hours in game and haven't done an awful lot.
Why the hell not, I've been meaning to sell my viper and cargo ship to just outfit a cobra and travel someplace anyway. steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197991423127/ no bully plz

Really curious about that but I'd feel pretty autistic speaking to my computer. grunting to skip in Liru was almost too much for my neanderthal self to handle

Is that pic accurate? It's like 400 light years away.

Yeah, so the game keeps having retarded connection errors when trying to play with a wingman whenever we're in supercruise in the same sector.

the game is weird with connection. beside us not going together me and another user tried to wing up but cant because the chat isnt working and the wing invite doesnt show up to any of us

I was already thinking FD were clueless devs before that shit happened, now I can add actual shitters to the list, I would feel self disgust if I had given them shekels for horizons.

I don't know about Master level but Elite and Dangerous Pythons spam Chaff like they're celebrating the Fourth of July. Which since I only run Gimball makes my life a living hell.

I've played with my older brother and haven't had this problem

maybe because you're close to eachother while me and user are in two different lands (one is kebab and the other is frogs)

He lives a couple cities away, but point taken.

if you have the money to spend get voice attack, it's good and voice activated macros is something the game should have support for natively IMO as it adds some gameplay depth
the free demo version of Voice Attack is limited to 21 macros and each time you start the program it gets slower and slower to start untill the GUI no longer appears or takes more than 10 minutes to show up even though the process is active in the task manager, I uninstalled at that point and am now flying with GAVPI exclusively
if you don't have any money to spend get GAVPI, it does almost everything Voice Attack does, it is free, open source if I recall correctly, although it has been more than a year since it got an update and the interface is in need of an update

Long range trade missions is what drives the reward up, get an ASP and get going if you want money that badly.

Space sim newfags are the worst, they dont know how deep the genre actually is and theyre praising a game that makes Freelancer look like EVE Online.

Honestly, E:D is probably the worst early access game Ive backed and its the worst space game Ive played.

9 hours of loading screens and I'm almost at the halfway point

As a sometime Fed pilot this makes me angry. This game could have EVE Online levels of player intrigue if used correctly

Also if you can try CQC it's so much fun, goodluck getting a game though.

It's a shame. It could be on the list actually to do proper player groups but fdev plans so far ahead it might take another year or 2 before they get to it.

More like they're trying to milk their fanbase as hard as they can instead of fixing core features.

No they do plan so far ahead, they've probably got some of their team working on season 2 already. It's cause it's so streamlined they never make time to go back and work on older features besides tweaking numbers..

Honestly it's just as bad except we get new stuff to play with if you buy the season goy

Just gonna have to wait for gamescom to see whats coming up next.

WHY DOES THIS GAME HAVE TO SUCK SO MUCH

It could be fucking amazing but no it's shit

fuck off

Try Evochron Legacy, its flight controls are complicated as fuck but its basically a true sequel to Elite 3.

Hell, unlike E:D is actually is fun

It also shows how much they actually dont care about their fanbase, everyone has been bitching about the core gameplay mechanics since Beta, yet Frontier was all "We dont care, now buy our new season pass so you can get make the game fun. That didnt fix your problem? Buy more of our season passes."

It could be good, we just have to wait 10 years to find out.

If you deselect a target, the gimballed weapons act like they're fixed (and so do turrets if you switch them to forward fire mode but you have to go to the functions panel for that). When the chaff runs out just lock back onto them

Yeah I m gonna have to look that up.

That's still no excuse when I can play most games decently enough with west burgers and even strayafags, the ping between us really isn't bad. Seems like the game didn't manage to put us in the same session so it kicked one of us out and that's bullshit.

33% off on Steam

NOT WORTH IT
DO NOT GIVE BRABEN YOUR MONEY

yeah not worth it

what is a similar game that is better then??

oolite?

oolite.org/

This is a big motherfucking crater

Nobody cares about your shitty brown empty planets user.

holy shit that is big, I don't think a planetary body can survive something hitting it and making that size of a crater

This looks like a nice thread

It sure is summer

No it's not it's winter

Too bad interdiction can be ended by someone simply logging off and switching to single

When I first got my DK2, I remember playing this, putting on the oculus then playing for a bit and taking them off because I was feeling a bit thirsty and looked at the clock and 7 FUCKING HOURS had passed.

Sorry user you have shit taste

Are you an actual retard?

I made it there
21.800 light years away from the main bubble of inhabited space
it took 18 hours in an ASP Explorer with 27ls ladden jump range

They did tweak the core gameplay in form of their mission board though. The real problem is their gigantic masterplan combined with their hesitation for adding new stuff that could work with whats already there.

Planning a trek is extremely hard. Not only that, but there are no missions that are intended for groups. Combat in groups on the other hands works extremely well. As mentioned, the game is still lacking. See . At least the Ranks mean something.

And that's the story of how yesterday I paid 1.9 million in Insurance

That's why you don't stay in a fight with a busted canopy unless you've got A-rated life support.

When will devs quit this bullshit? You're the only object around for lightyears probably, it's not gonna kill your FPS to cast one doom3-tier stencil shadow.

Oh no there are shadows from space but when you go to the dark side of a planet the game turns up the exposure of the ground specifically to fucking 11 to stop all the stupid crybaby's whining about not being able to see on the darkside of a planet.

Instead of fixing the ships external lights to be more effective they fucked up night time photography and realism on planets. I'm pretty sure you can't edit it in the files or settings either it's fucking annoying.

2nd pic is a good example It was taken on the dark side of the moon but you can see the ground is brighter then the gas giant and star bg. My rover doesn't have a shadow cause settings I think, I probably have shadows off.

I've realized the shadows you mean are not anything like the ones in my photos, I'll go through my graphics options and see what my shadow settings are.

With shadows on ultra it renders ship and srv shadows fine I see what you mean though it doesn't do the same thing to the terrain, only shading the textures facing away from the sun.

On the whole exposure thing the two pics show what happens when you load on a planet, give it a couple of seconds and it increases the surfaces exposure.

Even the ED fanart is shit.

You got anything good?

Great game, 10/10.

If you're having trouble connecting to overseas players I've found a vpn is the only solution. Frontier doesn't even understand their own peer to peer tech.

There was a group of ~100 players in a single instance for one of the exploration events, they all jumped at the same time and Frontier's servers had a mini heart attack.

I just had the issue with a buddy living 20kms from me, so that wasn't it. Still happens in private play with firewall turned off but only if we're in a wing for some reason.

You can also try sending each other messages before trying to instance, sometimes it's enough to get the servers to decide to set you up.

This game could use dedicated servers for instances instead of all this dicking around.

No does Braben?
Because everything that has been released to "fix" this game has been inadequate overpriced DLC and MERIT.

Its shit.

It will never have any actual gameplay outside of grinding for the sake of grinding because /r/elitedangerous sycophants wont let fdev know the game is empty af.

there is NOTHING TO DO.

This

only downside is her twitter has some stupid shit on it. she seemed nice enough to talk to in person though.

That'd be like EVE and might even lead to PvP and shit, we can't have that. Here's your nice family friendly arena mode. (Also our servers probably couldn't large scale gatherings of players anyway)

There are player owned stations

Can't do anything with the station besides fight other player factions over it but it does have your factions name on it.

Only the first part if you ask me, because most of it still takes place in fucking space. If you still like it, get Horizons.

They are reluctant with everything.

But muh "I still think it's fun :)" !!

The fact that ED can't handle any kind of large scale PVP is probably the biggest issue.

And large scale is really relative. EVE was eventually able to handle 8000 players in a node with relative ease. I doubt ED could even handle 20.

E:D's peer to peer can have over 100 players in a single instance. Maybe more. It's not the servers anyway it's the players that connect together the server just matchmakes.

Although when those 100 players jumped at once as I mentioned earlier Fdev told someone to never do it again. It must have really messed up their servers somehow.

I think this thread hit bumplock but I'll ask anyways

Does anyone have a pirated version of VoiceAttack 1.5.8 and any of the voicepacks?

I have 1.5.7 and a free voicepack but it doesn't work as well obviously.