#FE CONFIRMED FLOP

mynintendonews.com/2016/07/19/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-sold-around-50k-copies-in-the-usa-in-june/

NO

NOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2016/07/10/tokyo-mirage-sessions-co-director-shares-disappointment-western-changes/
metacritic.com/game/wii-u/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe/user-reviews
twitter.com/meme_look/status/753035346816806913
archive.is/peu33
youtube.com/channel/UCSnTLmgjXhmUMxrI32wLN4Q/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0
youtu.be/RMVIAN6hMVE
youtu.be/dozlMBEhkhA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lul

IT'S NOT FAIR

kek

WEW

dropped

WebM related

Its supposed to be "sharp" rather than twitter shit, but the game was garbage AND censored anyway. So feel free to keep it dropped.

I wonder how many retards will come out of the woodwork to claim the censorship helped sales.
(US numbers are higher than JP numbers, iirc)
Of course, none of them will acknowledge the fact that the American console audience is magnitudes bigger than Japan's.

YES

Good. Censored game deserves it. Had it allowed the eye candy than anons would of let shit story and shit crossover slide like DoAx3.

But no, they get 8-4 to shove their shit ideals and morals onto the masses.

is this the one where you sing the final boss to death or the one where you fuck the underage dragon?

What the fuck even is this game? I dont pay attention to weeb games

TMS was actually "localized" by Atlus.
Though according to them, everything changed was because Nintendo told them to.

I think they finally went too niche.

If they called it something like "Persona: Idol Emblem" or something, they might have attracted more sales, but at the end of the day, it's a niche jrpg about idoru culture, jampacked with pop culture #yoloswag shit… OH! and they censored the everloving shit out of it.

Unfortunately, this likely means that they just won't take as many risks with games like these, instead of just simplifying the localization process and not letting the cunts at 8-4 and Treehouse spend years butchering the games for arbitrary reasons.

She's not underage, she just looks that way and is hundreds of years old. Too bad the last two real FE games are nothing compared to what the older stuff is.

Good. I hope it sinks even further.

Gee, I wonder why.

Was originally proposed as SMT x FE (unless I'm remembering wrong) and got turned into not just idolshit, but censored idolshit.

You are remembering correctly. The game is a mess, thematically.

It's real world idorus encountering a Persona-like reality warping phenomenon that creates dungeons and monsters based on people's insecurities and dark secrets… Oh, and some of the bosses and persona guys look like FE characters. Kinda.

Honestly, if they had wanted to make an idol JRPG, why not do so without angering fans of not one but TWO existing series? I mean, I don't recall people being asspained about Omega Quintet for the PS4, probably because that didn't start as a crossover that got twisted into something else.

BUT GOYS THE GAME IS GOOD! BUY OUR GOOD GAME GOYS! BUY OUR CENSORED SHIT WITH WAIFUS!

Also, friendly reminder that "USA sales" means American sales since Nintendo USA is literally Nintendo of America so if you buy the game on a country like Chile, that copy probably was made on USA.

ATLUS said that the changes were made because Nintendo told them? Is there a source? Because I want to fuck some Nintendrones.

NoA wants every single game to be aimed at children. They fucking tried to market the latest Fatal Frame as "le ebin super spooky jumpscare, just like your favorite youtubers play!!!!".

And nothing of value was lost. get fucked idolfags.

Maybe Nintendo will get the hint that people hate censored games, or that people wanted the original game instead of this.

It's not hard to believe given how Nintendo somehow seems to have devolved to 80s levels of censorship again and Atlus wasnt allowed to speak on the matter. I really wonder how the creator is feeling when it bombed almost as bad as Devils Third and his worked was censored to hell on top of that.

what is operation kowashitai?

And will never occur to them that the reason it did poorly was because they hacked it up and the niche audience that would have bought it didn't like being told what they're okay with seeing and hearing.

No one's gonna learn a lesson. Atlus will learn to never do non-persona crossovers ever again and Nintendo will learn not to do Crossovers period outside Smash. Lets be honest, when it comes to shit like this, no one learns the lesson they need to. Just to take less risks.

I hope none of you faggots thought this garbage was, even for a second, going to sell well, treehouse or not.

Someone in Atlus PR had said the changes were proposed by NoA or something. Literally every time they were asked after that, they'd just say to go talk to the publisher (NoA) about it.
If I remember correctly, one of the directors was dissapointed, but encouraged people to buy the game anyway and did some PR damage control. The other director got fucking pissed on Twitter, I think.

when will game publishers realize that games aimed towards literally no one don't sell

>mfw censorship apologists will defend this

Gonna need a citation on that, user, it'd be a fucking godsend on your part.

What a shame.

That would imply that they think THIS isn't a persona crossover, and i don't need that kind of anger today.

Honestly, I'm not to proud to play a game starring nothing but frilly cute grills.

Hell, I'd love to see some clever twist on typical RPG conventions where all the Job Classes and Magic are based on different types of idols.

Can you imagine using Summon Magic that manifests a horde of sweaty otaku who bum-rush the baddy for insulting their pure waifu?

Not sure what you mean user. For the life of me there are not a single female I remember at all from that game. I'm sure anons can name waifus from games they never played, but #fe? Can't remember shit.

Is it even a crossover anymore? It just as fuck don't like that way to me outside of light references.

I also hear rumors that one of the directors bought his own game in the west, which is sad to think about

I'd be curious to see what the user scores are like compared to that. I'd hope more people beyond imageboards don't have much faith in "official" scores from big outlets. Not when places like IGN give stuff like Shadow Hearts a 5.5/10.

Yeah, I know. It's fucking stupid that NoA's doing this. I can only imagine that if Strange Journey had come out for the DS, they'd have tried to get Atlus to change it for localization to something more kid friendly (SMT Devil Children, maybe?) than an M-rated JRPG/dungeon crawler. Or was the whole issue here simply it using a Nintendo franchise rather than just Atlus ones?

I remember seeing speculation that NoA doesn't even want to bring these games west to begin with, so making a cursory effort, and botching shit so it doesn't sell (either through bad marketing so few people know it exists or cases like this where they censor the shit out of it), in order to say "we tried" makes a certain amount of sense. And then there's the idea of NoA wanting a child friendly image.

Hell, I remember seeing that one guy that NoA fired make a statement in his podcast that the reason they didn't bother to print enough copies of Xenoblade was that they didn't feel it had a market here to even warrant doing more, even when demand and price hikes were clearly showing they hadn't given enough supply. Of course, that was a game NoA had no intention to even let come to the US initially anyhow.

Don't have that one, but here's an article about one director having been disappointed if you need something for that part as well.
nichegamer.com/2016/07/10/tokyo-mirage-sessions-co-director-shares-disappointment-western-changes/

Good. Niche game should stay niche.
Just look at what happen when a game become popular like Etrian Odyssey: Remake and DLC everywhere.

It technically is in the sense that a cactus could TECHNICALLY be used as a dildo. When creating the game, apparently Atlus didn't want references to get too strong to either Fire Emblem OR SMT, despite that being literally what they advertised it as.

why is part of your face obscured?

Censorship and bad script aside, I've heard that it is a solid game, if you're a Persona fan.

Holla Forums never really addressed the gameplay because we didn't really care, did we? I'm sure it's perfectly playable, but the principle of the matter means many people will never play it, and that's a small price to pay to send a message to nintendo.

how did kamiya get bayonetta 2 untouched?

I think because Nintendo realized the sex appeal was literally half of Bayonetta's selling point.

I know. And that's what hurts.

That's fucking disgusting of Nintendo. Makes me wonder how fanboys are wondering why people don't like them anymore.

But then you end up with some shit that is its own thing that nobody asked for. How can they not see that coming?

More like he would refuse to do a sequel if it was ever censored.

metacritic.com/game/wii-u/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe/user-reviews

They probably thought name references were close enough. Kinda like how games that are "inspired by" famous literature are only done so through a few names or so.

Actually, I've heard that he was actually expecting blowback and was prepared for it, but Nintendo didn't back down and when given the Nintendo costume designs, they requested them to be more sexualized. Like I said, pretty convinced Nintendo knew that Bayonetta's draw was partially the gameplay and partially the appearance.

I bought it and enjoyed it. Fun little jrpg with cute anime grills.

Fuck censorship, and fuck NoA. At least this was a dogshit game from the get-go, so nothing of value was lost in this victory.

I've read somewhere that if you mod your wii, you can pirate it and apply a fan made uncensor patch. The user who mentioned it said he was otherwise enjoying the game.

I mean, I could personally stand the terrible ad campaign (MY GURL TSUUBASSA) if they had left the game alone. But they didn't, so as soon as I learn how to pirate on Wii U I will download this game without remorse.
If I'm supposed to be the target audience of the original, I don't appreciate them fucking with it - although I would have appreciated a proper SMTxFE to begin with.

User critic scores have been shitty for years. Not to say there isn't any merit, but they're only really indicative of what the internet hate machine thinks of it right now. They don't really reflect what the playerbase at large thinks.

I've heard the same thing from other anons, but haven't found as scrap of evidence to confirm.

For the life of me I can't find where I saw it, which is pretty fucking irritating. I remember I saw someone talking/an article about it pop up on Twitter a few days ago.

what do you think the cost is of making a game like Persona #FE?

Maybe ask Idea Factory about it, seems like the sort of shit they'd be willing to do (I think Omega Quintet was actually a game of theirs).

I've seen some slight discussion of it here and there, but yeah, when you anger both camps of your crossover, and then censor on top of it, people hear aren't apt to discuss anything but anger about it, and most likely aren't interested in playing it anymore after what it's become, be it through localization or outright in development changes.

Here's a screencap of him calling Xenoblade a waste for them to have brought to the US. I feel I dodged a bullet getting Xenoblade Chronicles when I did, since it was about a month after release, but was still fairly available and in a reasonable price range, compared to what it was like a month or two later.

I wouldn't say I've been a fanboy for any system maker (I just go for whatever when/if there's enough games of interest to warrant it), but NoA killed all desire for a WiiU for me after what they did with XCX.

Wasn't there some autist trying to spam 0/10 reviews on that game or am I mixing it up with another?

DANCE THREAD?

After all the lying, the shilling, and the creators defending the censorship, this is what they deserved.

But we already have a dance thread.
The spirit is willing, but the body is sponge-y and bruised.

HAHAHAHA
doesn't matter pokemon go is making them so much money now

Nigga those are break even numbers. Get real.

Gee I wonder why a niche weeb game getting censored had a negative impact on sales.

And unlike fates, they can't mask how bad it failed with double sales.

Little from what I've heard is that the game is fine if you're a persona fan then you will probably enjoy it, however, the game is nothing close to the Fire Emblem franchise, if you're a fan of Fire Emblem for the waifus (in other words, you enjoyed Awakening or Fates) then the game will be fine. The story sucks though.

More like lieing their asses off to two audiences that were the core of the two games being crossed over in an attempt to pander to a non-existent audience and a smaller audience that despises being pandered too in such an obvious manner (Otaku).

They did everything wrong.

they had the voice actors come in to redo lines to match the shot they changed which wastes money.

It's a mixed bag, really. If they stay there, they continue ruin some games that get stuck being handled by both, but if NISA and/or NoA/Treehouse went under, I can only imagine the former employees would seek to infect other companies with the shit they picked up, because I doubt they'd just leave the localization scene entirely if they found themselves without a job. That's not to defend their shit either, I'm just not sure what would be worse.

Hell, look at Nick Doerr, he left NISA, and went and infected IFI for a while. Thankfully he's gone now; last I'd heard he and Houk (another NISA shitter) were working on making some zombie dating RPG or some shit that I can only imagine will have horrendously bad writing. If they're even still working on that, anyhow.

It was absolutely ridiculous what fans needed to do to get nintendo to localize Xenoblade Chronicles back in the day. XCX was the only wiiu game I was interested in, and I feel the same way. The Wii will probably be my last nintendo console after buying everything up to that point too.

We already have Valkyria Chronicles 2.

good job, atlus

Didn't it sell like 120,000 copies in J-pon? Dark Souls 3 was considered a huge hit there and it sold 250,000 last I checked. If it hits 200,000 from American sales then it is actually a decent success by their console sales standards.

Maybe they'll do mobile shit from here on out.

And thank god because I dont want to buy their stuff, especially not at full price

It sold like 25,000 on its first week, thats barely above Neptunia sales.

Flimsy response. Yeah, Ninty fucked up rather spectacularly with this title but the flop here isn't what you think it is.

Seiyuu have contracts. Retracing the lines likely just wasted studio time, not significant payroll.

50k units confirmed sold is better than 24k in the domestic Japan market, but to what I hear this wasn't expected to be a high sell or a break-out hit. Ninty hurts little from this shit. Especially in the face of them sticking a fat dick in the mobile industry's ass and reaming it without a safeword.

Just checked and Dark Souls 3 supposedly sold around 500,000 in Japan and the rest of Asia. So yeah, I don't see this being a huge flop by any means by their standards, unfortunately.

What did he mean by this?

Fuck off back to Holla Forums.

Not my problem.

user, don't shitpost with best kirby girl

Neat!

Really makes you think.

That is a pretty huge hit for Dark Souls. This on the other hand, selling 50k, is a flop, considering that it had a bigger budget than the average weebshit game in Japan.

already got a Fire emblem game and animal crossing coming to phones

So? Pokemon Go's success is more than making up for it.

Same. Wii and DS are the latest things I have from Nintendo; might get a 3DS somewhere down the line but at this point I'm not interested in any of their stuff. At least the Wii can be modded and the DS actually had a pretty damn good library. Most recent system I even have is a Vita.

Honestly seems like we've devolved in terms of localization quality. Sixth and seventh gen were generally better than this. I mean, sure, there were some shitters here and there, but it seems like the industry on the whole's gotten into another SNES-tier "change X, censor Y, remove Z entirely" mindset, to the point I hear that even some of XSEED's employees are questioning why they're not jumping on that train too since apparently it's the popular thing people are doing (thankfully Tom and I think a few higher ups manage to keep them in line). Just seems like more stuff used to be able to to come over intact that would either be butchered these days, if not outright left in Japan as neverevers.

Or maybe the big difference is that people are just more aware of what these companies are doing before a game comes over? I don't know.

Probably right. The bad part is that the game itself doesn't even really matter in the end. The merch and faggot concerts are selling like hotcakes in nipland. They are making money off this pile of shit no matter what.

A combination of factors. Nobody gets triggered by stuff like crosses and other religion shit (think Nintendo in NES/SNES days) but the Internet also has something to do with it. We can easily see videos of the original versions so comparisons are inevitable.

Good Riddance. Wonder how Purse Owner 5 and SMT:A would turn out.

What the fuck where they expecting regarding sales.
No one wanted this fucking game, Atlus fucked everyone by making this shit, the Nintendo shithouse censorship just added a sprinkle of diarrhea to this abomination.

Fuckers should have made Shin Megami Tensei with Fire Emblem combat instead.

Your comparing it to Dark Souls 3, when you should be comparing it to FE Awakening, SMT, and P3+4. So roughly a first week sales minimum of 242,600 units (FE), 127,472 copies (P3), and 193,000 copies. To be generous I'll simply combine half of each of these sales figures then divide by three for what the cynical expectations should be (121300 + 63736 + 96500 / 3) which is 93845.3333 sales and then do it for the full presented sales figures (242600 + 127472 + 193000 / 3) which is an average of 187690.667 sales.

So round those two numbers to the thousands and in conclusion the reasonable expectation for what the game should sell minimum as an expectation is 94,000 - 188,000 units in first week sales. The game fell far too short.

Honestly, I would've gotten it if it hadn't been censored. Same for Xenoblade X.

Fuck #fe, but i was going to get FF5 and xenoblade x. Fucking nintendo doesnt know how to pander.

Wouldn't you want to take into account the fact that Awakening was on a handheld which is much more used than consoles in Japan and the fact that P3 and P4 were release nearly a decade ago before the bottom fell out on consoles in Japan?

The one where you have to find and have one of your party members perform an anime OP

You make me sick.

The fact that NoE saw fit to pick it up, but NoA wanted nothing to do with it, even just licensing it for a US release after NoE had done the translation and dub work for it, until fans had apaprently begged enough, makes it sound like they honestly thought there's no market for JRPGs here. Admittedly the Wii didn't have a lot on it (and not all of them came west; Earth Seeker remaining Japan only, for example), but they seemed content to ignore how many JRPGs came west for the DS, or even the PS2. Or the notion that a game made by the guys that did Xenogears or Xenosaga might already have an existing fanbase that would be interested in it (and Xenogears and XS1 did good enough in sales in the US to even get Greatest Hits prints).

And even then they didn't do a big enough print run initially, to the point after a few months prices spiked up to a good $100-120 used and $200+ new from what I recall. They finally did a reprint a year or so later (once again as a Gamestop exclusive), and what did Gamestop do? Marked it as "vintage," undid the wrapping on them, tagged them as "preowned," and hiked the price up to $90 to try some scalping themselves when the purpose of a reprint is to make a game more available at the original price, if not cheaper.

Pfffft, It's been done.

Just so everyone knows, Treehouse gets paid based on how much work they actually do. That means that probably most of the changes to the game were motivated by them wanting to make sure they got big enough pay check for the month and not necessarily cause of ideology.

If they censor the game more, Nintendo pays them more, so as long as they can make many insignificant changes or make big changes seem necessary, they won't get paid peanuts.

Source: user's ass

I agree but at least he has some standard and doesn't just buy it anyway because it's weebshit. I'll give him that much credit. But shit taste like his got us into the #FE situation in the first place

As somebody who was willing to look past the idolshit and is currently enjoying the uncensored version quite a bit more than expected, I'm very glad. Of course they'll refuse to learn anything and just chalk it up to lack of Western interest in console JRPGs, but this was the best realistic outcome we could have hoped for.

Source: Another user's ass

I don't get this meme. Japanese is a shit language where you have to learn thousands of characters just for a few sounds, and to only do that for some shitty, obscure games? That's a waste of effort.

I still dont know why they dont get paid based on how many units sell. That way they can do the bare minimum work and still make a good amount of money. They just have to make it sell.

I believe it but posting another user post isn't exactly watertight.

I don't see how anyone with a brain could actually still think that in this day and age.

I don't even have a face to be smug with, they're still around and they dont care.

You don't even need to know the language to play most Japanese games these days, unless you're REALLY into reading visual novels or something.

A joke account.

Here's hoping they get the fucking hint already.

Figured it was a flop considering online retailers are already dropping the price of it and you can still order the special edition in a few locations.

Forever ever, user, forever ever.

Not really, I'm going with a minimum expectations approach the initial sales of that decade plus FE Awakening of those who already have handhelds is sufficient because it is reasonable to assume those who had a console a decade ago moved on to handhelds when consoles were put to the wayside (or they have both).

What the fuck? WHY IS THIS A GIF?

DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY

nice lewd dubs

Who the fuck saves banner gifs?

That's not true. Liking Persona doesn't equate to liking idol weebshit. Plus, I hate when subbed games don't sub battle quotes. I hated it in RoAW, I hated it in SMTxFE. Yes, I'm going to call it that to remind people of the broken promise no one asked for.

I think it is funny how the only people really worht buying games from is now Xseed, pqube, and the current Idea Factory after they all came out and said they hate this censorship and plan on bringing/re-releasing games uncensored now. We might see more dungeon crawlers if monster's monpiece does well.

This is a fucking joke, right

I didn't see this shit and I wanted to give the game the benefit of doubt when my Wii U gets modded, but this shit is overkill. An FE and SMT crossover died, for this shit?

Whoops, almost forgot to add you have to do this to progress the game

THIS DOES NOT PLEASES THE GREAT WILL OF THE UNIVERSE

This video never cease to make me laugh

Such a cute song with cute girls. You niggers are soulless to hate it.

FUCK YOU

Another reason that these "review" sites are shilling it so much is that their friends work for these localization companies. If the game sells well then they can say "oh look, we got your game to sell! Give us more games to censor!" I hope people get fired for this.

I shouldn't reply to bait but I'm betting that you didn't even buy the game.

No, that song is what's fucking soulless.

Weeb and idol shit makes this game story shit for nearly anyone.
Anyone wanting some FE/SMT gameplay can just go play them in non retarded version.
And they censored it for rest of weebs who would want to play it.

Why they are not bankrupt yet? Oh yeah pokemon GO.

Found one weeb who bought it.

PQube seems to be proving to be pretty decent as well, picking up even stuff like Valkyrie Drive that even Marvelous Japan apparently wouldn't let XSEED touch, with PQube quipping that they aren't going to be censoring it (apparently both it and Gal*Gun are being used to make an example that the ESRB is pretty lax about what can get by without getting AO; thus far it's caused NISA to go into damage control). I suppose time will tell whether they can get a good translation streak going since, as far as I know, at the moment they've only done a few.

Gameplay was solid for the most part. Battle system was unique and interesting, it was the story that was completely retarded.

But by far the most retarded decision was

Indeed he did. The special edition, actually.

twitter.com/meme_look/status/753035346816806913

They did, and they had two failed Kickstarters for it. No idea if they're still working on it or what.

good

SMTxFE amirite? Vidya grimdark not Vidya Idolshit. Ok. Praise Hitoshura.

All I got is this screencap I got before they took it down. Sorry for shitty quality, but it was rushed.

How can you buy your own game? Doesn't being so high on the ladder of its creation entitle you to a free copy?

Special edition on top of that? That's saying a lot. I wonder how he must have felt going into a game store and seeing that untouched.

It's not that Marvelous Japan didn't want Xseed to localize the game. The problem was, no one at Xseed gave a shit about the game, so they didn't want to bother localizing it. Even the one person at Xseed that pushed Senran Kagura to be released in the west didn't care about Valkyrie Drive.

Pokemon Go got so big that basically that's all people are playing on mobile.

This has costed ad revenue and microtransaction sales from a huge amount of mobileshit companies. This dealt a significant blow to the mobileshit market.

tl;dr normalfags got so obsessed with it, that their casual nature was weaponized. If something big and fun (to a degree greater then GO "is") then the mobileshit market is officially dead and they'll have to actually create good games to compete while the ones that don't get kicked the fuck out of that niche.

Pokemon GO is actually doing damage to the market.

Seems like Nintendo's ties with Atlus is showing cracks

Look I have never seen any game grimdark enough to force you to watch 2 minutes sacrifice segment before killing an enemy.

I wonder why Xseed did not want to translate VD.

Hitoshura is faggot
Praise the Space Marine

From what I remember one XSEED employee basically posted on how shit she thought the anime was or something. That and it just looked like they didn't care for it.

Not anymore, since their kickstarter failed again :^)

Probably because the concept of dating zombies is so horrendously bad even by kikestarter standards.

The HAWK got tortured for eternity for your sins faggola

respect THE HAWK, bitch

Now if they wanted to succeed, they should've gone the easier route, and look for whats popular to date.

Wasn't there an anime already with that sort of concept anyhow?

Just seems a bit weird to see someone that isn't XSEED pick it up considering XSEED is pretty much Marvelous' US branch now.

You're probably thinking of Sankarea

Holy shit, I'm fucking retarded, could've just looked to see the archive url itself.

archive.is/peu33

The otaku will eat anything up as long as the girls are cute. t. me

It's far more likely that Houk the Gooks and Dorr's writing prowess and chops are such dogshit that, when given a free platform, the audience will choose not to support it. I guess NISA really was full of shit when they said that everyone loves their meme-filled and lolsorandumb XD writing. Who knew?

Yeah there was Sankarea, but that zombie girl was actually hot, not like the nasty decomposed zombie girls they were trying to sell.

How is that a zombie? Looks like any other anime chick

NISA is still in full on damage control mode. What was the last thing they said? Something about how it still needed to be censored to keep NISA's reputation?

I suppose there's a difference between "fresh/embalmed style corpse" and "rotting desiccated cadaver."

Clone Jesus is okay but not a Space Marine

Fuck I thought for a moment somebody would make Highschool of the Dead RPG and got exited.
Japs need to take a look at zombie apocalypse again.

It was basically some plant that made you immortal. No real zombies here.

Christ that makes this look good.

I too love silent grimfaced bad asses with no personality. None of that icky character development and cute girls doing cute things for me. Playing games like that is for those fag weebs. I only play manly and dark weebshit. No waifu pandering bullshit in my weeb strategy games either. Praise Ike.

Do they not get that there's a difference between "consistently good" and "consistently bad?" Like, if a company/series keeps on being good, or handling games well, I would hope for and expect consistency rather than them becoming worse. But in the case of NISA, I'd rather they had actually gotten better over time than remain consistently bad. Or hell, look at how Dragon Quest is handled out here. For some dumb fucking reason, Square or whoever they whore the games out to to translate seem to have it in mind that the localization induced accents, which fans have repeatedly complained about being a waste of time/money at best and harming readability at worst, are something they need to keep consistent in spite of that.

Don't remind me about Idea Factory. I still don't understand how they have have an international branch and yet have a third part like Aksys localizing their otome games. Fuck that, I don't want to give money to Aksy. Worst of it all is that they're bringing a bunch of titles I'm interested in and won't find any used copies around here.

You can add some of Atlus' titles to that list. I still think NoA fucked them over with localization.

I just beg for IFI to bring the osmt otoge, man

Moe-shit doesn't have any personality either.

You're in luck, I've got that image.

But no, that's not the most recent bullshit. That was about keeping Criminal Girl's censorship, despite not needing to on a steam-based medium. They're in another full damage control mode right now about PQube. A totally separate issue.

Nice bait, your ignoring the fact silent no personality type protagonists are that way because they're you gave it away.

They are so full of shit. I hope enough people start to see through their excuses that they lose enough sales to go bankrupt. Wishful thinking considering how cucked weebs are.

I wonder how shit companies like NISA are feeling now that listening to fans keeps you afloat now instead of censoring and butchering what they like.

They dont care. Theyre going to butcher games until it bankrupts them.

Xseed could have told them that the game wasn't profitable, or that there wasn't enough fan demand to bother bringing the game over, which may or may not be true. Another possibility is that they told Marvelous that they already had too many projects at once, and can't take another. So they gave the license to PQube instead. Which is believable since Xseed isn't the one localizing Tokyo Xanadu, even though they have a deal with the developers to release their games in the west, and several people at Xseed actually liked that game.

Pokemon Go seems to keep producing an endless amount of keks.

Judging by their nonstop backpeddaling and damage control for the last few weeks, I'd say panic. The truly cucked weebs are starting to wake up now that multiple other companies are pissing on NISA, and NISA is desperate to put them back to sleep with false platitudes.

Tits and asses sell, as evidenced by Senran Kagura. This game is made by the exact same guy, has the exact same combat, and arguable more tits and asses. Like hell there's no market. It's far more likely that they're just busy.

Yeah, I suppose maybe they've had enough on their plates that it could be a valid excuse. I mean, Legend of Heroes games generally have pretty damn big scripts to my knowledge, and maybe spreading out to more Falcom or Marvelous games on the side right now might stretch resources thin?

Mainly at how dumb people are proving with it (though occasional random shit like people finding Koffing at the holocaust museum is hilarious in its own right). I hear two teens almost got shot for trespassing on some Florida guy's property

That's right. They are so awesome because I can be the grimfaced bad ass that I always wanted to be. Who would want to play as fun and pretty Idolshit animu grills in a weebshit rpg? Only those pathetic weebfagets do that gay shit. Praise Space Marine Master Chief!

I noticed none of the Nintendrone havens like "Video Game Facts" have mentioned this game's sales figures.

Doesn't it only have like two RPGs?

That doesnt make sense though. As a business you'd want to make money first and have happy customers.

Theres only so many times NISA fans can be kept satisfied, its not like they are the only game in town anymore. If I were the Japanese branch I'd go to NISA and be like "what the fuck, these new companies are popping up and stealing our thunder or potential customers" and keep them on a leash. Compared to IFI or Xseed I'm sure NISA is doing poorly at this rate, especially since every Japanese company seems to have their own western branch now

I can't think of any others besides #FE and XCX.

There's that Travis Touchdown faggot again.

Alright cody, that was pretty good.

I'm never not going to be upset over how they went full Jew for that title and is the main reason I'm not touching that shit with a 10 foot pole

Super Mario RPG got released on the VC, so I'm gonna replay that

You are now beginning to realize this not a matter of making money to them, SJWs want to shove their ideology down your throat by any means necessary. To those that do want to make money they know they're shit so they instead try to worm their way up to the top and bar out the talent and then normalize their own shit so their shovelware can thrive while still shoving their ideology down your throat.

He didn't die

Don't lie and get trips, user. (checked)

Anyone buying #FE was kinda lost in the first place

They arent in it for the money. Theyre in it to "purify" jap games. They are all sjws trying to make sure digital women have rights and all that.

Reminder that this is his youtube channel:
youtube.com/channel/UCSnTLmgjXhmUMxrI32wLN4Q/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

He only plays Nintendo consoles, so he probably doesn't have much experience with RPGs.
Also,

You don't understand the NISAdrone. They are at least 3 times worse than Biowaredrones or EAdrones.

Isn't this that one guy that constantly spergs out at nichegamer for being against censorship?

Yep. Everyone at Video Game Facts is very pro-censorship.

I skimmed over some of their threads. One thing they really hate is Steam, but not for the reasons you might think. They hate Steam because it makes it easy for developers to post censored games on Steam, then supply their own patch to uncensor it, which allows for an easy method to have uncensored games on Steam. They don't like developers having this option.

Either there or Techraptor. I've seen him do it at one if not both.

Some user posted these the other day. Might as well repost them.

I honestly am left wondering is NISA is simply a master at turning reduced profits from angering potential customers into enough to keep going, or if they've been getting external funding to offset loss and keep letting them shit stuff up repeatedly, given that a game that comes west, unless REALLY bad off and having dedicated enough fans, most likely won't see a fan retranslation effort since it's technically in English already, even if poorly handled (there's also the matter of the system/code being open to the point a fan patch can work), effectively meaning that's most likely what the western audience is going to be stuck with. Meanwhile, for games that have never even been in English, there's more demand for fans to devote time to translating and patching.

haha get fucked faggots

Yeah, he also frequents 4/v/. In one of the comments he left on Nichegamer, he hotlinked an image from 4/v/. Obviously, you can't see the image anymore if you go read the comments now, due to the ephemeral nature of images on image boards.

Figures that pro-censorship people frequent halfchan.

please kill yourself

That bad, huh?

So much that they care more for that instead of their job or future livelyhood? Are they that retardes?

Well fuck I'm retarded too. That or I need sleep.

Sjws dont think about the future, just about how to make other librals feel good.

B-but they censored it for broader, more politically correct audiences! How could this have possibly happened!?

The question is, do they realize their mistakes?

Why is the faggot op crying that a "localized" piece of shit did bad?

My word, he really must be a fucking newfag if he doesn't get that imageboard posts being actively viewable are just temporary.

I think it's a good thing I don't.

You mongrels deserve a nuke.

Autism is more prevalent in the US than in Japan.

It sold more in the place with more than four times the population? Who could've seen that?

It's idolshit. This game is about a culture that doesn't even exist in the US. More population isn't an excuse when the appeal is non existent.

For comparison, while it sold roughly the same as StarFox Zero in Japan during the first week, in the US Starfox Zero sold nearly twice as many copies in its first week.

Let that sink in.

if idolshit is selling more here then the idolshit homeland, we have a problem of shiteaters.

only marginally more

i bet most of the sales are from neoFE fans and beginner weeaboos who are still in phase of watching entrylevel shit and don't know any better

Japan had the same problems with it we did. They didn't care that it was idolshit, the SMT and the FE fanbase AND the Persona fanbase all are NOT idolshit fanbases.

The game isolated all of them because of this, the SMT and the FE fanbases the most, because of how it's not either of those except in the vaguest ways.

How many times do retards need to be told that Nintendo of America want these games to sell like shit?

So Majin Tensei then? Too bad, those have already been made and they are stuck in translation limbo because that faggot GideonZhi 'started' translating them meaning no one else wants to start a translation if there's a remote possibility of that guy rendering their efforts useless by suddenly saying 'it's done!'

Are you retarded? Haven't you seen how stupid people get about useless British royalty? Plus with the Internet it's very easy to get into Idol culture with a few clicks. Not to mention the Atlus and FE install bases, contrarians who bought the game out of spite, and other small factors, the 50,000 number is still incredibly low.

And yes, population still matters in a world where the Internet is as accessible as it is and special interests can be fulfilled with a few simple clicks.

To be fair, didn't similar happen with Xenoblade Wii outselling the EU and Japan releases, even with it having had a less than desirable print run? Though I suppose that was actually a pretty good, likable game rather than this multi-fanbase angering censored shit.

That's not how we got awakening, that's not how we got fates, that's not how we got dancing all night, that's not how SMTxFE got thrown out to the side and we got this.

whatever persona and FE you are thinking and I am thinking, Atlus and Nintendo were imagining a different audience and the obsessive waifushit audience spoke the loudest to them.

Holy shit that formatting in the first post is such cancer.

What ? Just because you have theoretical access to a culture via internet doesn't mean you will get into it. If a french game studio makes a game about, say, Coluche, you would be a madman to expect it to perform more in the US than in france. Even counting weeaboos, idol culture is one of the least liked aspects of Japan.

True but waifufags want waifus and a casulaized game to go with it. So basically Fire Emblem Awakening and Persona 4. Devs may argue it is that, but shit mang in Awakening you fight endless hordes of color swapped undead things and in Persona 4 your solving murder mysteries and unlocking people's dirty laundry.

At least represent the majority of the plot/play which is just friendship simulator. Murder mystery is like 10% of actual content.

I was just going with overarching plot, P4 is solved by basically sitting around with a thumb up your ass dungeon crawling and friendship but you end up solving mysteries about missing people who aren't murdered yet.

FE:A is you roaming the map while the villains sit around with their thumbs up their own asses while everyone on your side get nice and cozy with each other for the future baby breeding program.

Serves them right for censorship and localization suggestions from SJW's

distracting their populous with idol shit ain't helping them.

It also isn't helping them make better videogames either

Haha.

HOW DO YOU GO FROM THIS

Who was the game even for? It looked sorta dumb, really. I honestly cannot believe that people would buy this simply because of wafius.

TO THIS

Well, they had two existing fanbases to have made something for, but then opted to piss off both of them by having the game be barely related to either. And then further angered people through censorship in the western release.

Wow I had no idea he was such a faggot.

How did they fuck up the gameplay? Is it at least still turn-based strategy?

It's fucking Persona 4 idolshit edition.

Persona 3-4 but easier.

Again, not really. There's no mysteries to solve. The game does everything for you.

GET
REKT
WEEBS

So quite literally the only element of FE that remains is supposed to be the characters?

This was doomed from the beginning, with or without censorship. It doesn't appeal to anyone.

It appeals to Nintendrones who want to pretend the Wii U has good games.

Weebs don't even want this piece of shit.
If anything, they're the people schadenfreuding hardest right now.

Love Live and Idolmaster are popular even in the west.

I wonder if idolmaster is famous or infamous in the west because of how Beserk has been fucked over by it. I also don't see how Muria hasn't gained a number of haters from the amount of delays he's done and obsession with Idolmaster crap.

I own a Wii U and I didn't get this shit.

what games are you even playing on your wiiu?

Does Miura stil actually play it? He's just pissing around like Togashi at this point, either until he dies or royalties run out.

Good.
What else did they expect with the SJW censorship?

Again, population. If it sold 100,000 or something like that, I might see your point, but at a mere 50,000, I think you're way overblowing how well this did compared to the nips. Both numbers, in both territories, are fucking awful. And considering how popular weeb entertainment is in America, it's not surprising it sold better. Plus didn't some user say American sales figures includes games sold overseas that were made in America. That would be even more catastrophic for this game.

Can someone explain what Kentaro Miura and Idol Master have to do with one another?

Bayonetta, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Smash, Mario Maker, and a few VC games.

People believe that the reason that Beserk hadn't been updated for years was because Miura was distracted by [email protected]/* */

during the hiatus he mentioned in the magazine he bought an [email protected]/* */ game for xbox, thus the meme was born

Series is infamous for its hiatus and then the author admits in a comment he plays [email protected]/* */ It was pretty surprising and fans of Berserk were (rightfully) mocked after all the years of being trolled with "Berserk? You mean edgy shit, rite?" to "lol [email protected]/* */" and then it became a meme since even the fans were upset to learn this and then it just went further from there. Also the new anime is garbage.

I'd take QUALITY animation over the fucking shitty CGI they keep going with. And the director seems inexperienced in general, but I must admit I haven't actually looked into who it is yet.

Still, it's pretty poop. Not the worst thing airing this season, but damn is it trying.

Just for reference, what were sale numbers on the actual Fire Emblem games released earlier this year.

Idea Factory is a publisher, you're thinking Compile Heart

Yeah when you pay people they'll say what ever you want them too.

Kickass art

I feel like if this were true, Treehouse would be demanded every little thing would be getting changed. Sort of like a 4Kids anime translation AKA have a delicious jelly donut that's totally not a rice ball translation.

How fucking come no one, and I repeat no one, who ever interviewed one of the higher ups at NoA like Reggie Shit-Aime and Bill Trinen ever brought up censorship? Are all gaming journalists this cucked?

Also
Post the pirate iso

Because you don't get interviews when you ask questions like that.

You know the biggest problem with this setup? It's two-fold.

1. The contrast of the song content and context make this hard to swallow. I barely need to dig up the scene to know it went from something like existential angst (A Persona staple food) to some sugary superpop in an instant. It shouldn't have. They shouldn't have. That's tone destruction. And it's horrid.

2. They opted NOT to look up or reference how to properly blend both music and tone of story for it to make a coherent, fun bit of sense. Had any of the creative team taken ten seconds to look at Zesshou Senki Symphogear, they'd likely have been able to piece together something more coherent than idolshit masquerading as a Persona game.

youtu.be/RMVIAN6hMVE
youtu.be/dozlMBEhkhA

Most the show's ham and camp, but the trick is you can tell it was written with the musical components in mind, so they don't seem jarring, ham-fisted, or out of place.

I bet they just told the slave workers at the idol houses to just manifest some songs while working on the game separate, and never managed to marry the two as a working concept.

It's a apology kind of move in Japan, I think. As I recall, the Omocha no Lotte author did something similar with her series getting an anime. The DVD/Bluray sales straight-out did not exist, they were so pitable. The anime itself was a trash adaptation of the manga and the fans panned it unanimously. She bought copies and apologized about the whole thing on twitter iirc.

Just fucking end this world.

Localizers shitting on anyone who likes Japanese games & culture by irreversibly butchering these games is like when Genderbusters intentionally shits on anyone who likes Ghostbusters on social media, in marketing campaigns, & by literally shooting the Ghostbusters logo in the dick in the movie.

Absolutely hating & insulting the audience for a product while intentionally butchering said product is such a hip new trend. The industry is being flooded with poser nerds & poser weeaboos who fucking hate actual nerds & weeaboos that these products sell to. As posers, they don't comprehend the appeal of these products; these products are offensive to their own sensibilities.

You know who is to blame.

I'm just hoping some of these fucking retarded companies go bankrupt due to loss of profit and wasted money spent on funding these SJW cunts to live for free.

Rapp = ✡
Marxism origins/advocates = ✡
DiGRA/DARPA = ✡
Common Core = ✡
IGDA = ✡

Gee, I dunno. There's just no common thread here to link any of this to one particular groups' ideologies & behaviors.

Projecting won't make you any less of a waste of oxygen, lad. Just admit you're an easily amused baby.

What does the Jew gain by censoring something like #FE? I'm not attacking your point, I just want to understand what they hope to achieve.

if is to be believed, then by being "forced" to make certain changes, they can essentially make more work for themselves and charge the original devs more money to localize their game.

That's a decent explanation, I was under the assumption it had to have been purely a political or social reason.

Quick question

What's the difference between "capitalist" and "jew"?

A real zombie, sadly. Save yourself watching or reading that shit. As her brain slowly dies inch by inch, she becomes a real zombie with the usual zombie tastes and the mind of a potato.

That's what they get for censoring :)

A capitalist is someone who strives to make his product the best one in the market, or at least the best in a niche and get a profit from it.

A jew just wants money, and if he can lie to his customers and get away with it, he'll do it.

I'l bite. Try drawing a Venn diagram. There are jews that aren't capitalists and there are capitalists that aren't jews.

We got awakening because Awakening appealed to the waifushit fanbase in ways that #FE doesn't

1: You could make your own character
2: You could marry any female character.

We got Dancing all night because Persona 4's fanbase is cancer. We also got #FE for the same reason but that doesn't equate to instant success. Also SMTXFE wasn't thrown out the window. It never existed, it was always a marriage of concepts rather than an actual game.

They honestly thought this would attract the new age FE and the new age Persona 4 fans without realizing what the new age fans liked and what attracted the success of those two. What hurts is that outside the retarded idolshit and censorship, it's a pretty good game. However it's buried in a sea of shit that no one wants to touch.

Is this going to be another one of those "shit hits the fan in September" ebin screencaps?

I love anime stuff and can tolerate idolshit to some degree. However, I can't deal with it when they replaced the promise of SMT with FE to have idolshit. Had the game been very tongue-in-cheek, with the medieval settings with the characters having massive musical and dance numbers, with medieval technology doing concert stages, lightning provided with dragons spitting fire and mages casting spells, then that would've been goofy and enjoyable. But not "I'll solve my inner problems with bubbly pop songs", that's stupid, not when you have edgelord designs, and not when the idol scene is cracking due to how they are treated, not the pure girls they want to make you believe.

wew

It's only a matter of time, user.
I think at the minute it's only NIS that's keeping them alive

It'll interesting to see what deep silver does with P5 for the EU region.

To be fair to NISA, I don't think they actually had anything to do with translating I think that was Atlus, they just took care of the publishing.
I guess Atlus/Sega figured it would be easier and/or more cost effective to have an EU based company take care of the publishing in Europe.
I didn't know deep silver were headquartered in England. And in Basingstoke of all places. I always thought they were German

Wow I'm desperate, some of that tripe sounds appealing, but I know it's not real. Goddamn I need to deal with this suddenly emergent libido quickly.

Sage for off topic.

IIRC the stream of the moon version from a while back showed the boss being weak to basic bitch attacks. That was an instant drop even without the idolshit and weeb pandering

I wanted to like this game. I really wanted to like thos game. But I can't be assed to get it because of the betrayal of ideas. I'm not even going to pirate this because I was promised a Shin Megami Tensei and Fire Emblem game.

This is not that game.

Hell if they actually released a SMTxFE after this then game I still won't get it because I know that game will be a lie too.

This entire fucking industry sells itself on lies and empty promises. But I suppose this won't matter when the next great depression hits. Entertainment lives and dies off of expendable income after all.

Good, I hope the next persona bombs too so Atlus will stop making then and focus on SMT instead.

Thats not what happened during the last great depression and that's not going to happen now, though we sure as fuck won't be seeing $60+ games being sold.

FI-AA EM-BE-RU

I knew FE was casualized badly but not to this degree, how the fuck can anyone defend that?

The mainline series is becoming more like persona user.

Of course selling movies on lies didn't happen in the Great Depression. But there was also no home video in the 30's either.

And I know games won't disappear.

But when the next depression hits people are going to either learn quickly and buy what they need over nothing else or starve. So it might be the end of the $60 plus $40 season pass big budget game. And I'm hopeful by then people will wise up to scam microtransaction models less they succumb to Darwinism.

There might be a rise of freeware games with no microtransactions made by jobless hobbyists who have nothing else better to do with free time. That's also if they can live in a home where they can keep the lights on too.

This is for another topic another day. Lately I've been losing trust with Nintendo. And quite frankly if they keep this shit up Nintendo won't be worth my time.

They certainly aren't worth the money right now.

What a great time to be alive~!

I'm thoroughly disappointed. How is shit even allowed?

That's what happens when you censor fanservice in a game whose main audience is anti-censorship weebs. I love Fire Emblem, but even I didn't buy this. It is genuinely my favourite series. I would have definitely bought this game if it was uncensored.

It was a shit game to start with. All censoring it did was add on to the pile.

The SJ team made the Hollow Forrest in P4 Golden, so they're still at Atlus,

Yup, they sure do still have their spark.

Here's another treat for everyone ITT. Pic related.

Nah it's more like

Also as far as I remember they are making another SMT game.

Nintendrones are so hilarious. I'm guessing he's never seen anyone discussing Criminal Girls, or NISA's stuff in general.

The modern nintendo fan takes their arguments straight from the leftist's playbook. They are the best at everything until there is a crack in the facade, then they are poor victims that are being shoah'd.

Then why bitch about no SMT games? I've already seen the trailer and its edgy protag, not impressed.

Why is that tentaclebait lying face down in the snow?
Is she kill?

They defend it with "B-b-but it's optional. No one is making you use Phoenix Mode."

Never mind that the developers use phoenix mode as a crutch to not expend as much energy into properly balancing difficulty modes, thereby making the base game worse by its very existence.

He probably didn't even know Purseowners existed until this game

Okay, I've seen this several times now. If it's supposed to be a sharp, why isn't it spelled FE# ?

hate to be that (((Jew))), but karl marx would be an indie gamer fan, with the whole proletariat owning the "means of production" or watever

#FE. I suppose it's to show the crossover between the two series. Genei Inburoku(Tokyo Mirage Seesions) to indicate Atlus creation, the Sharp FE, to show the influence of that series, along with symbolizing the musical route the crossover took.

Like SMT, #(half step pitch up) Fire Emblem. Get it?

You've missed the point. Let me try to make myself more clear:
>If the # is the musical sharp, why is it in front of FE instead of behind?
You don't say sharp-F, it's always F-sharp (F#).

Anyone have the webm of that really cringy ad they made for Disney XD or some shit like that? It doesn't seem to exist on youtube or google. (Probably for very good reasons)