The series is concluded with the anime

Spike chunsoft is really digging deep this time of year.

Hagakure will survive it because he didn't make it into the building before it got sealed. He's such a fuck up he couldn't even make it to the murder games.

On the plus side the Despair Side anime first episode was really good and I'm now more enthusiastic about V3 being entirely separate on the timeline instead of a continuation so we can get away from Naegi since his character arc is done anyway.

FUCK

That one cracked me up

Also, is the op showing how they die? Brown Donut was stabbed and Squeaker was

And squeaker got poisoned.

they showed Chisa with her wrist slit but to be fair we have no indication of what her death actually is…or if she really did die

Well, it would be nerve wracking, you know how they die but you don't know if it'll happen. Also, Personaman and Naegi both off themselves. Maybe related to him forcing Naegi to kill himself?

could also be metaphorical, the maiya = Chiaki or Monaca theory is flying hard and people think her "Death" in the OP is just revealing who she really is. Narukami or Naegi could be committing suicide or """""killing"""""" themselves for a common goal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahah…… user… Please tell me I might be wrong.

I'd believe that if Nagito were around, it sounds like something he'd say.

Forgot to mention, I hadn't heard about that Maiya = Chiaki theory. Would make some sense, Chiaki puts herself inside the game to trigger Hajime's memories of good times, Maybe even romantic times?

V3 is in a separate timeline? But Monokuma is still there, so it has to be post despair event. At the very least, Junko is somehow involved in what's happening.

Same timeline I believe, but it's separate in that it's like a prequel to everything. It's not going to be tied up in the same 3-4 year period of the first two games, Despair Girls, the two animes, and the novels which has become a bit of a clusterfuck.

I'm slightly confused. Hope's Academy comes back but since some students show signs of possible Despair they get sent there?

Fucking hell I keep forgetting shit

I guess it's not a prequel then, I don't know where I heard it was going to be a prequel.

you might be thinking of side despair which is before DR0, I think the only think to go before that is Naegi's unlucky day or the DR2 manga where Nagito watches his parents get hit by a meteor

Maybe, maybe there was some garbled translation of an article back when they announced V3 and the animes and mistook it as a sequel anime and a prequel game instead of two animes and a game.

Swimmer girl is dead?!!

With the green-haired girl from the shooter game possibly being the new Junko equivalent I reckon you might be onto something.
The Future Society manage to restore a small part of the world, and 3 either happens no where near the "liberated" areas, or as you theorize- it's a prison within the new-society.

So basically humans like him is why mankind is the only race that manages to prove Darwin's evolutionary model wrong?

I'm sorry user… She ate the last donut and someone went to get it with a knife.

I haven't played AE, so I have no clue if green hair girl is still alive or not to stir up more shit.

Or maybe it's a school for training despair students outside safe areas like you said.

Reverse role, make bad guys kill themselves for the entertainment of the new world, or someone's revenge
Bad guys have shreds of humanity and don't wish to do this purely for the enjoyment of others.
Gives a new light for despaired people that civilization tries to eliminate them instead of trying to help them

So where is Byakuya supposed to be during all this again?

Looking over the trailer, it seems to be a ruined Monokuma university turned into a prison/hotel. Even the hotel has "Kuma" in it's name.

Is this a place designed to turn people into agents of Despair, much like what happened to the cast of D2?

Probably trying to build his reputation again

Friendly reminder that Ultimate Imposter fucked up Togami's life and there exists a literal despair book that simply fills you with despair

Your theory makes a lot of sense.
The main character from 1, who now runs the future foundation, in the "Final Killing Game" of 3's Side:Future anime loses the other girl as well. This pushes him over the edge and- while he's not in despair- goes full totalitarian. Ironically- making more despair.
And then it turns out he was injected with Junko's brain fluid and he influenced him to do it all, or some retarded shit.

Like the anti-life equation from DC comics?

There's a Despaironomicon? What did they introduce that in?

Any word if AE will be getting a PC port?

It would be kind of weird if it didn't since they ported 1 and 2 but honestly you're not missing out on anything not playing it. It's aggressively uninteresting and has none of the charm of the other games.

Make it happen

I know but after recently finishing DR2 (still working on Island Mode and MMM), I need more DR.

Plus, a third person DR shooter with keyboard and mouse control would be nice.

Togami has his own light novel, and the plot is literally>>10115232. Even better the entire plot could end by Togami simply saying "that's not me", but everytime someone asks "Togami, did you kill hundreds of people and fuck up a town" he just glares at them and says "so what if I did?", effectively making everything worse every few pages

That was exactly how I felt after DR2 as well, and I can't even motivate myself to start AE up after finishing the first two chapters. Imagine RE4 with no tension, no mystery, no clear goals, no challenge, irritating antagonists and all of the enemies look basically identical. They manage to make even Syo boring. Komaru makes Hinata look like an exciting protagonist. The only two bits of the game where I had any hope things might get good were two brief bits where they brought back Monokuma's Lesson theme and those lasted all of like five seconds before they completely defused the situation back to boredom.

That actually sounds exactly like Togami.

Well shit. :/

Hinata was pretty exciting when he went super sayan right before the ending

she was always boring

The only good thing about AE is that they gave Toko actual character development and she didn't go MUH BYAKUYA-SAMA the entire game.

How did Danganronpa's plot get this fucked up and convoluted compared to the original?

It was always like this, unless you mean the first draft, in which case irony know since uneven looked it up. I'd place the blame on Jap love of needless convolution and surface level understanding of nihilism.

Hajime was a good protagonist. Though I do wish they foreshadowed who he was more than they did his lack of talent.

Fuck… He would actually say that and expect people to just nod their heads and follow him. Shit, just look at how he tried to convince UD to shut down in DR2. He didn't give two fucks about what they thought or felt and just tried to get them to do it, which helped Junko break them further.

The overall plot isn't really all that convoluted, basically there's a bunch of people whose life goal is to be assholes and they're opposed by a bunch of people who just happen to be mostly assholes independent of their goals.

I think Danganronpa fucking sucks and every conversion I've had about it boils down to some anime weaboo shitter ignoring legit arguments and defending the series, and their waifu, to the death. This probably isn't a coincidence.

Danganronpa 1 is great if you can look past its faults

But that's because Danganronpa was still built essentially off of the key animations and plot of DISTRUST, which they eventually abandoned for utter retardation in SDR2 and then went utterly off the rails in AE and now are raping the series to death with a cancer infested toe-groin in the anime

I just wonder what the devs will do now that Danganronpa is kill after 3

They will either make another Dangan because money (which was the real reason they threw out something as insane and great as Distrust)

or maybe they will find a way to come up with another really interesting premise for a "game of death" mystery title
and then ruin that one too

After ZTD and everything they've done with Dangan I can't imagine it going any other way

All those hours I will never get back…

post lewds of brown girl, i like her chest and fiery demeanor

Everything is great if you can look past their faults man
DR was a good story up until they decided mid development to use hope and despair instead of trust and mistrust and then went ahead and made it NOT TOO GORY and NOT TOO HORRIFIC and it was a moderate success. They should have stopped at the first, the second is just… boring.

The real victim of all of this is Kenka Bancho

Danganronpa V3 is already going to be set in another continuity/"storyline" according to the devs, Monokuma being the only thing they're carrying to the next game.

It's safe to say they will milk this until nobody cares anymore.

what did they mean by this?

"They don't pay us enough to come up with more Originals the Characters"

Fuck can someone tell me in what chronological order does all the dangan ronpa games, novels and animes fit together? I'm starting to get lost

The order for the games and animes (assuming the animes are exactly as they seem) are
No clue on the novels

Zero is pre-despair side with Junko testing her Amnesia weapon on herself.

Danganronpa Kirigiri (Novel)
Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak: Despair Side (Anime)
Danganronpa Zero (Novel)
Danganronpa (Game)
Ultra Despair Girls: Danganronpa Another Episode (Game)
Super Danganronpa 2 (Game)
Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak: Future Side (Anime)

There's also:
A novel called Danganronpa Togami but there's little info of it in the west so I don't know when it takes place.

A manga called Killer Killer that is not clear when it takes place exactly, but I think it's during Ultra Despair Girls.

There's only been a few screenshots and a poster, none of them containing Monaka, what the fuck are you smoking?

that it's just the sequel/side story but they're trying to ruse people into thinking it's actually not

Anything about the The Tragedy of Hope's Peak Academy? i know it happens before Zero

Do you mean the Reserve Course mass suicide and first killing game, or something else?

It involves Kamakura Izuru, and he shows up in the op of the Despair Side anime, so it's probably happening in the currently airing anime. Gotta watch and see.

Otherwise, all you got is a brief description in Danganronpa Zero.

I mean the events that lead to the Tragedy mentioned in the beginning of the first Dangan Ronpa

Chiaki a best

A BEST

GOD DAMN THIS GAME IS SO FUCKING BAD

She is, though I think she got her legs crushed at the end of it. Nagito carries her away telling her to become Junko 2.0
Probably why people are thinking Maiya is Monaca as they look very similar and are both wheelchair bound.
Though a personal theory is that Maiya is a relative of Monaca corrupted into despair like Junko and Mukuro

It's not bad at all. You do understand that is how Toko is? She's always a cunt because her level of trust is not like everyone else's. Komaru is bad, yes. Flashbacks are an anime staple. Again, it's a trust thing. It doesn't matter because they're traumatized to hell and back. Again, Toko is always like that, it's especially like that because Syo is OP as hell and Komaru needs to learn how to deal with shit herself.

It's very bad. Toko being a one note bitch is tolerable in DR1 where she's only ever at most 1/6th of the cast and the others can supply character that isn't bitch. When she's half of the cast but still has the characterization suited for a 1/6th background character she's making half of every conversation be one-note bitch and it just isn't interesting to watch.

where are the lewds

I COULD NEVER DEFEAT THIS GIANT ROBOT
I'M JUST A NORMAL GIRL, I CAN'T HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH ANNNNNNNNNYTHIIIIIIINNNGGGGG

Seriously, Komaru racks up a massive kill count every chapter and yet every cutscene she acts like she hasn't killed a single monokuma. It's like if every investigation in DR1&2 Makoto and Hajime were just like "I don't have the first idea how to search for clues, I've never investigated a crime scene before"