GTX1060 is out

GTX1060 is out

Cheaper then the RX480 here is the UK at least and faster.

please use archive.is/gadgets/2016/07/nvidia-gtx-1060-review/

AMD IS BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2518-nvidia-gtx-1060-review-and-benchmark-vs-rx-480/page-4
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127965&ignorebbr=1
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202221&cm_re=rx480-_-14-202-221-_-Product
ebuyer.com/750213-msi-radeon-rx-480-8gb-gddr5-hdmi-3-x-displayport-pci-e-graphics-rx-480-8g?mkwid=sWA3N2WiH_dc&pcrid=51630194939&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=Cj0KEQjwwry8BRDjsbjMpPSDvagBEiQA5oW0nLCIUkUCDpU5FsrptNlvbELDJZjU9zuZpm3j33lQhAwaAiXX8P8HAQ
reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/4se75o/lower_performance_with_vulkan_on_gtx_970/
newegg.com/global/uk/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=rx 480&N=-1&isNodeId=1
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=rx 480&N=-1&isNodeId=1
newegg.com/global/uk/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709 601205646&Tpk=gtx 1060&ignorear=1
newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709 601205646&Tpk=gtx 1060&ignorear=1
newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127965&cm_re=gtx1060-_-14-127-965-_-Product
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4tum2s/sapphire_rx_480_nitro_benchmarks_crysis_3_w3_gta/d5kf9o0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

grafix cards haven't seen much improvement in the past 10 years.

Stop fucking up AMD, I want competition!

some nigger with a 9800gt wouldnt need a new card nowadays if it werent for the dx11 scam

retards buying this shit to play console shit games are cancer

Guess I do need to think about upgrading.

I feel you. My old gtx 650 needs an urgent replacement

If this si cheaper than rx on europe I'll buy it

Here is the UK they are and AMD still don't have the custom coolers.

No thx

Not true, vidya cards have kept getting better while devs haven't released anything that takes advantage of the extra power other than less optimization

Here in the UK they are the same price. And the GTX doesn't have a shitty cooler.

Where?
From what I've seen online so far, the price difference is between 50 to 100 bongistan bux.

literally why?

Overclockers gtx1060 around £238 pounds rx480 about the same.

enjoy your gimped drivers in two years. I'll look forward to my rx480 beating 980ti's by a huge margin in 3 years :^)

I am buying a 1060 to replace in a few years. I won't be running a 480 or 1060 by then.

In that case, I don't need an upgrade quite as badly as you do. Nonetheless, I'm almost out of games I can play at or close to max settings at or near 60fps, which is why I've been thinking about upgrades.

It's basically a $250 GTX980 but slightly faster.

RIP AMD, they just lost the price advantage and all they have now is ASYNC-Compute and FreeSync .

Real shame because Nivideo is jewish as fuck.

And where do i buy it if I live on west europe? I only find 350€ cards or cheaper options on the us

I'm still on the Raedon HD 6600 series cards :^)

I can run Oblivion on it! Might buy a 770TI or a 460 to hold me over until 4K.

No, but games keep requiring obscene specs to run, despite being console ports. So you either stick with the old stuff and run the risk of error and breakdown or you shell out for a new card which makes you play the new games, almost all of which are shit.

You're fucking retarded.
Resolution, textures, animation, terra-forming, tessolation and water quality has improve significantly since '06. I'd be okay if you said 2010 or 2011, but 2006? That's just bullshit.

But there was my man.
It's going to be around 150 and at R9 380(x) performance.

I've see the 480 way fucking cheaper than that on other sites like Newegg, something along the lines of £180 but they are probably sold out by now.
Do you only check one site for hardware?

Newegg are shipping from USA so you need to add duty which adds a lot.

Music sauce?

This is actually a direct result of the competition.
If was not by the 480, this card would cost $100 more.

Hypefaggots everywhere.

I got no idea, I stole it from some thread. Ain't mine.

Not being able to play cloudbuilt at 60 fps do hurt a bit.
But its mostly ok.

Your numbers won't go unnoticed

hi fellow citizen of the past

Fucking sucks being poor.

Hypefaggots need to die. In every aspect, not only hardware.

Runs really nicely for the price range, I know I could have went with Nvidia but I've always swapped back and forth between Intel+Nvidia builds and AMD+ATI builds for the past decade.

You shouldn't have too much issues with playing games on that, unless Intel's Skylake really sucks for gaming.

I'll buy Nvidia when they stop making graphics cards that break constantly.

Which is never.

I know that feel.
I had enough shekels to buy a CPU, but now I see the consequences of having a budget graphics card.

Actually everything runs just fine on my build. It runs just about every thing I throw at it on the highest settings at 60 fps.

All the burgerland retailers have the 4GB reference rx 480 at incredibly inflated prices, anywhere from 300 to 400 dollars. What's up with this bullshit? I thought there was supposed to be a surplus of these cards. The MSRP is supposed to be at the 200 to 250 dollar range. This is bullshit. Will prices drop when we see aftermarket cards drop?

AMD didn't expect such high demand.

Just buy a 1060. $250 and in stock and is faster then the $400 480

Hello, fellow poorfags. Ditto here, only a few recent games (say, Witcher 3 or Doom'16) give my rather modest machine a hard time.

Nothing wrong with that, my build is the same way: a budget build.

Hype is still up. Most of the places that track stock on the graphics cards only go a few minutes before they go out of stock and then people will scalp the cards they got at inflated prices.

However if you get some really obscure website like I did selling their version of the reference, you'll be able to find a card at MSRP easily like I did. Diamond Multimedia

At least they don't break the PCI slots on your motherboard.

this

In the past, Nvidia was the one making hot, loud, inefficient junk (Fermi),
now it's AMD making power-sucking, housefire-inducing, 150 dB jet engines.

Get your shit together already, AMD.

I regret nothing though.

Raw data is fucking great

*and cpu

It's supposed to be a $240 card which is what I bought mine as, what the fuck is the purpose of buying a 480 for $300 when you could just buy a more powerful card for that price?

this, on the other hand, why even upgrade?

A-at least its cheaper than RX480 ;_;

Emulators.

DESIGNATED

They have been having huge gains in power in the past little while but developers create terrible engines, post-fx shaders that require a huge amount of computing power, use old techniques that work but lack scalability when they modify them.

My GTX 570 is still going strong

I'll probably wait until I build a new rig

At least you saved money by not having a toilet

Burgerland Amazon price comp for 480 and 1060(msi versions)

Although for a measly 17% performance boost at a resolution not many people use for an ancient fucking game no one plays I really got to say OP is a faggot and a shill.

Gaming X, one of the most expensive 1060's, how do the average ones compete on price.

AMD CUCKS BTFO

FUCKING LOL

For some reason the msi 1060 was the only one I could find so it's hard to say. But I could find multiple models on newegg so here's the comparison there

Nice try shill

Same are here so, better performance same price with much better coolers.

you're forgetting that it is also more power efficient, more quiet, and has more readily available drivers and games optimized for it.

that's actually pretty significant

sounds like DAMAGE CONTROL to me
AMD CUCKS BTFO

Yo man those some nice dubs but I'm just pointing out that the comparison in the OP is kind of pointless because if you're looking for $250 video cards you're not gonna have a 1440p monitor that goes over 60hz.
So the performance difference is negligible at best. It doesn't matter, the only valid complaints you could muster are to the heat which current 480 cards do have.

Battlefield 3 is a goyworks game so that could easily explain the 17% difference as well. Power efficiency is a joke as that doesn't lead to any significant increase in your electric bill. This has been shown countless times before by all sorts of tech journalists.
We haven't seen all the prices across multiple countries yet, but considering Burgerland is one of the biggest PC gaming markets I'd say it's significant that it costs more here. Your arguments are as paper thin as you thinking that red text will make people take your argument any more seriously.

DAMAGE CONTROL, AMD CUCKS BTFO

How much is Baron Von Shekelstein paying you today, Shlomo?

DAMAGE CONTROL
AMD CUCKS BTFO
FUCKING EL OH EL

I've been running my 480 with my FX-8350 with the stock cooler and I haven't broke 60C with either even when doing heavy gaming. Meanwhile with the last Nvidia I had the power might have been less but the temps on it hit 60C idle and 80C when gaming.

the last generation of Nvidia did run somewhat hot, but were also designed to run at those higher temperatures.
although 80C is still quite high, I would make sure you installed it correctly and had your cooling system working.

I'm thinking its time to get a new card. Holy fuck though, 250 bucks for specs that would have cost a 1000 3 years ago.

What a time to be alive.

Call me stupid, ignorant, whatever, you got me, but this thread is the first time I'm hearing of video cards having different prices in different countries. So I just want to be clear here: It's no news to me that different countries have different currencies, resulting in different prices, and better or worse import taxes etc, but I would think that would always keep cards at the same relative prices to each other. In other words, if card A is 10% more expensive than card B here, I assumed it would be 10% more expensive than card B anywhere else.

But this thread makes it sound like that isn't the case, that the hypothetical card B might actually be the more expensive card in a different region? Card A is more expensive here, but Card B is more expensive somewhere else at the same time? Am I confused or is that actually how it works? And if so, why?

Kek. My OC'd to all hell AMD card never breaks 70 degrees in a stress test, and in most vidya it just stays under 60.
I'll break it to you: ALL GPUs designed to run up to 105 degrees, all manufacturers all models, it's a universal standard feature, it's been like this since 90's.

ah, the refreshing feeling of knowing that someone cannot back up their points in any way but to call you shill.

feels good man. i'll be over here in smugland knowing how much better Nvidia cards are than AMD.
AMD CUCKS BTFO, FULL DAMAGE CONTROL

And you're a retard as well!

Regulations, taxes, import costs, etc.

…okay?

some countries have extra taxes on electronics, they also have tariffs on foriegn made goods.

If you live in huesil or the slav lands then its a total crapshoot.

oh.. oh no! I accidentally hit a key I didn't mean to! oh god whatever am I going to do!?

As in

he said his gpu was hot, I said the last generation ran a little hot but is designed to hold those temperatures.

explain why this is wrong you cock guzzling fag.

In the UK AMD are usually more expensive then nVidia counterparts

Why is there a AMD tax here.

It's like you haven't learned anything

I don't know why you would want other cards not to work.

I'd rather have both AMD and Nvidia not be shit.

Nobody cares what card is used, unless you're some kind of shill.

Which it's obvious you are.

Runs hot but designed to runs hot implies that while it is hotter than usual, it's been specifically designed to withstand hotter than usual temperatures. Which is bullshit because any GPU can run up to 105 degrees. So it's not "runs hotter but designed to run hot", it's just "runs hotter".

you're arguing semantics because you know that what I said isn't wrong.
gtfo.

Nvidia probably worked out a trade agreement with the UK, best guess I can think of. Back when I lived in czech republic I remember most electronics being insanely expensive.

I love america.

I didn't say that, I said that the Nvidia card is obviously better, which it is.
you're the one that got butthurt about it.

Who cares about graphics cards when you can just run everything important in software mode.

Don't tell me you actually believed the memes about

Well for one, consoles are better than PCs for performance due to being optimised.
And two, tickrate means frame rate don't matter since it always runs the same and shit

I mean, don't get me wrong, I wish AMD could stop sucking so much ass but we both know that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Higher clock speeds, better drivers, better support, higher quality chips.

I argue because it implies ridiculous shit, and because you won't fucking acknowledge that it just "runs hotter" which it is, you instead have to use the "designed to" excuse which doesn't fucking pass because they're all designed to run up to 105 degrees.

okay, listen fuckwit.
What I said isn't wrong, you know it, I know it.
You're just trying to be an insufferable faggot about what the post meant because you can't stand the idea that maybe you were wrong about something.

go back to fucking tumblr if you want a hugbox where everyone tells you how right you are all the time, because if you're here i'm just going to keep calling you a fag for arguing a non-point.

No, I want you to retract the statement that it's "designed to run hot", because unless you can prove that those cards are rated for higher temperatures than 105 degrees celcius, that statement is flat out bullshit. I hope you understand why getting asked to retract your demonstrably bullshit statement should've not raise any dispute if you were halfway reasonable.

gpu's are used for more than just gaming. for instance, rendering.

okay, how about
"the last generation of Nvidia ran a little hot but cards are designed to hold those temps"
not stop being a semantic little faggot and get the fuck out.

Right, but why would they be different between one card and the other? I'd think they'd be the same differences for all cards and thus they'd maintain the same relative prices in various regions.

See that's what I'm talking about. Unless there really are brand-specific taxes, import laws etc, the relative price differences shouldn't change from one country to the next.

I mean, I'm pretty sure Nvidia and AMD cards are made in the same places, so whatever tariffs and import law and such are in play should be the same.

It's like pink tax. Everyone want pink, so if you want pink too, you'll have to pay extra since retailers are taking advantage of elevated demand.

gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/2518-nvidia-gtx-1060-review-and-benchmark-vs-rx-480/page-4

It seems to me performance with this new generation of GPUs will depend on who can provide better driver support for DX12 than AMD. This past generation AMD certainly lagged behind in that regard with DX11.

Also, the only example of Vulkan we have is DOOM 2016 and AMD is showing stronger performance there.

Two big ifs, but if AMD provides better DX12 support and if Vulkan catches on, better performance in DX11 for nvidia's 1060 might not mean much in the long run. Time will tell.

No want's AMD though people buy it cause it's cheaper.

Why would anyone want a more expensive worse product, which is what AMD is in the UK.

The second picture doesn't compare the GTX1060 6gb to a R9 6gb, user. Don't hide the R9 6gb.

My brother got the R9 6gb because the manipulative man at the store told the autist to buy it.
It was $150 cheaper on newegg

They will raise prices if people buy so many of them and prefer them over competition, because that way they make more money. You see how it is with kikes, they always try to maximize their profit, nevermind that this breaks the whole low price appeal.

Nvidia is evil because they work with developers to optimize games on their cards! They're not providing their tech to AMD so that's UNFAIR! If you're buying Nvidia you're supporting FEMINISTS and JEWS

(this is the actual argument against Nvidia used by AMD cucks on this site)

Gotta say these cards last a good long time.

Your reddit is spilling.

uh… what? Is this somehow not a website where people post their opinions?
you're a faggot.

This is a good reason enough, I don't care if they're better - I'll not buy it.
When AMD launches something nice, like they did with the FuryX, I'll buy.
But Nvidia? Intel? Ha.

lol, k.
thanks for confirming AMD is an inferior product only bought by people for stupid reasons.

I know you're oblivious to this, but you're foreing to imageboards and it's painfully obvious to someone who's been there since 2009. My first guess is that you came from Reddit, because most people do. Also because you posted a blatant strawman depicting shit people on 8ch don't actually say.

if you think nobody says this you need to lurk more.

hasn't been a good argument, ever.
gtfo newchump.

is there something your keeping from us?

I'm not making an argument you dumb shit, I'm stating the obvious because your fit-in-pretend game is a complete farce. And yes people do say this, they do so on Reddit. I had a "pleasure" hanging around there on their VR subreddit, it was tolerable at the beginning while it was small and was mostly consisting of developers, but then it went to shit completely and I quit visiting.

lol, then you've used reddit more than I have in my entire life.
maybe you should go back there, you'll fit right in.

That's just halfchan Holla Forums.

We have way more lebbitors here.

Maybe you should fuck off to read-only and assimilate into the whole imageboard thing before you post here.

Thanks Kikewheels. At least they're mostly contained in a gamergoyim thread.

so you're the redditard

i'm not. faggot.

seriously, FUCK OFF. you're an idiot.
GO BACK TO FUCKING REDDIT.

I really hope Vulkan catches on. It probably won't but it would be nice to at least have an option between Vulkan and DX12 for some games.

I-I'm sure user just does not want to humble us with his disto-less custom gnu/linux or gnu/hurd build that he modified in such a way that it can natively run Windows software.
I mean, he wouldn't just be shamefully hiding the fact that he is using W10, would he?

Well not from reddit, must be 9fag or some other shit, it doesn't matter. You stand out for mile, it's painfully obvious you're not from here and it's maybe your second week here, but more likely first couple of days. But you're already trying to fit in so hard, like daym nigga. It is an anonymous board so nobody will give a shit and all that crap you're spouting won't stick to you, but you're disrupting the flow so to say. Before you post you need to get used to the crowd and get on the same frequency.

If it makes you happy. I started posting some 8 years ago on funnyjunk, then moved to 4chan, then here.
i'm done with this retarded bullshit you're fucking spewing. The only one new is you.
have a terrible day you fucking autist. learn to sage, lurk more.
or rather, go back to reddit.

Maybe you should've stayed at 4chan. Why did you left anyway?

RIP ENGRISH

Whatever can you do.

Inferior doesn't really exist when it comes to electronics

For example, NES runs games way better than the PCs of their day, even though the home computers were many times more powerful.

Now the situation is inverse, buying Nvidia is actually bad for recent times because of their incompatibility with source engine games. This is a case where lower performance of ATI cards will be of benefit since it's much more stable and tested.

See what I mean? You have many advantage and disadvantage to both. Pick the best suited to you. In the end, they'll all just pieces of silicon and copper.

If this card is so great, why doesn't it have SLI capability?

dropped

Either wait for the hype to die down for the 480 or 1060 to buy it at MSRP.

Or just spend a little extra on a 1070 (which is better stocked now)

who the fuck plays at these resolutions

If one never had a proper PC, wouldnt it be wiser to just buy a 1070 RIGHT NOW? I mean it beats the 980 ti while being 200€ cheaper at least, and thats for now.
What Im salty about is the price of monitors. I mean fuck. They all cost at least 400$ if you want something future proof.
I just want a 1440p 24'' 144hz monitor FFS. Maybe throw some g sync into it too ( Im buying Nvidia anyway, why not give the yids some extra shekels).
But 600€ for a monitor? Just when 1000€ PC is being viable? Fuck that.

SLI is a meme, no games that would benefit from it support it

Why does everyone always reply to these clearly shill threads knowing it's some merchant trying to get more exposure to x company. Like he started put with "y company btfod".

There are people stating out it's not rely a better card and that the price to performance is almost exactly the same in a civil maner follow by "haha damage control, amd shill! Haha!"

These threads arnt even fun, fuck this board. I thought blatant marketing was a banable offense?

I was thinking about getting a new card but I don't know anymore, in canada 1060 is around $360 and the rx 480 is around $330 to $400.
I have a 760 right now and I use a 1440p monitor and there's some games that I'm having trouble running at 1440p

1070 is worth it, doubly so if you overclock it.

It plays 1440p fantastically.

Whoever has a monitor with that resolution and a PC that can handle it, duh. It's called QHD (or WQHD) and it's quite common for 25" - 27" screens.

I would get but it's like $600 here, and to me that's just not worth it
I'm really cheap

AMD forced them to release it cheaper so at least something so its at least something
but seeing how 90% of market gobbles the green cum that is pushed by twitchers and yters
makes me sad

that guy has (21) posts here and I bet its the same guy that was in previous AMD threads doing the same
he seriously stinks like a shill

Both companies are cancerous and underhanded. Watching the near on scripted shadow puppetry of their corporate jousting and cheering when one triumphs over the other speaks to how well programmed a consumer you are.

So buy the better performing one that is the same price?

Guess I will order the 1060 tonight

What the fuck are you talking about?

How dumb can you be?

CPUs are hard to upgrade, GPUs are easy to upgrade.

You're retarded if you dump all your cash in a good GPU only to find out a year later your CPU isn't cutting it.

You should always spend more money on the GPU than the CPU. A CPU will last through 2 or 3 GPUs. More if you upgrade your GPU way more than you need to.

That's a fucking Reddit "build a PC 4 beginners" meme. Spend your cash on a decent CPU (I bought an i7 2600k back in 2011 and it still isn't worth upgrading) and I've upgraded my GPU at least 4 times since then.

Spend $300 on a CPU and you'll never have to worry about it again.

this, at least AMD forced them to lower the price

seeing as the 980 was a non improvement over the 780, it's good that pascal throws nvidia back into their history of having a newer gpu perform better than an older one by 1 tier (i.e old X80 normally performs similar to new X70) and the new technology/power use makes this one of the better generations nvidia put out yet.
Any DX12/Vulkan benchmarks? does AMD still beat them on new APIs?

Besides open vs closed which is better anyway, freesync or gsync?

nigga you dumb

You guys still posting?

I have a i7-970, but nothing is stressing it (yet). Next year when Intel releases the 7000 series I'm gonna by a 6800k on the cheap from some pathetic retard rushing to upgrade their parts to be the best on the net.

I just did this with a PS4. my launch PS4 had a mangled HDMI port, so I sold it. Encountered some guy on a hardware forum. He heard news of the PS Neo and has a PS4, but it has a small problem,easy to fix, but not necessary and easy to ignore He thinks Neo is going to launch in two-three months. He wanted to sell it for $220, but I talked him down to $125.

holy lel

what could possibly go wrong right?

So? Is there a problem?

Is there anything else?

you should rig it in a fixable way so you keep both your money and the hardware

ITT: Faggots who will buy this and the RX480 above MSRP therefore missing the whole fucking point that the cards are only good due to their performance-to-price ratio.

Now the 1060 interests me, mostly because this cocksucker:
nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/nvidia/gtx1070/
is never below $400.

But I'm unsure if I should just take my friend's free 770 now that he's upgraded.

CPUs don't have to be top of the line for gaming.
I'm rocking a 3570k and that's still the same price as it came out (pretty easy to get it to 4+ghz.)

No virtualization passthrough though, so I can't do Windows-inside-Linux like all the cool kids are doing.

Git creative

Now I never have to give them gift again

We really should start learning math in Poortugal

tfw

wtf, can we get like a left over computer donation thing going for these anons?

proof

LITERALLY WHY

Jesus christ user, there's gotta be a recycling place around you where you can find something newer.

You could also dumpster dive on business areas.

virtual devices, only have 1 physical cd drive and a floppy

get the 770 unless you have money to spend (which i'm assuming isn't the case since you arent getting the best gpu)

I was going to get a 1080.

Then I compromised and figured maybe I should get a 1070.

Now the 1060 is out, and the price difference is great, but I feel like I'm giving up on the dream.

But it'll be a massive improvement on what I have already no matter what I get, because I'm still running a 295 .

I'm curious about something, when it comes to GPU and CPU what exactly am I looking for in terms of specs?

Like for example HDDs and SSDs I'm looking for good storage and a decent manufacturer, for a PSU I'm also looking for output and a manufacturer, but what's the "important" stat I'm supposed to be comparing for GPUs and CPUs in order to know how well it performs? Or should I just be looking at benchmarks for GPUs?

Apologies for the retarded question, I'm not too good with hardware yet and looking it up has shit like "oh just look at whatever the model number is, the higher the model number the better it is!"

Read a variety of benchmark results, especially game benchmarks instead of synthetic tests. Allocate more budget to GPU than CPU. Remember you don't need more than 4 CPU cores for gaming unless you just have money to throw around. Don't waste time with budget GPUs ~$100-130 tier, if you aren't spending $200-250 or better you'll be replacing it much, much sooner.

There's no magic numbers that give a quick and concise comparison between models anymore, the hardware has gotten too complex for that. Clock speed, etc have an influence on but do not really represent real-world performance.

Mostly I am surprised people still buy AMD.

It depends on the game being played. Especially if the game is played on Vulkan. If Nvidia get their heads out of their asses and drop this founder's edition bullshit and get the card out for 250 freedom bucks, it'll be worth it.

If you want 1440p monitors, you need to go up to at least 27 inches, but you can find plenty of 1080p 144Hz monitors at 24"

Since G-Sync is closed, it completely depends on what card you have. I think in the beginning, G-Sync was much better but as hardware and software for FreeSync improved, they're catching up to G-Sync.

Dropped.

If you go the cheap route there's still hope that you can get another cheap card later, but if they've removed SLI you're gimped for life & if you wanna upgrade you have get an entirely new card instead of just adding a second while still making use of the first. Sad!

WEBM-related: poorfags hopes & dreams of ever upgrading to a second card

SHITTING

I am buying a GTX1060 as a stopgap to replace my GTX680, 2gb vram is worthless these days.

Usually buy top of the line each replacement but with VR, DX12 and Gsync, Freesync. I said I would get a replacement mid range, wait another 2 gens to see the outcome then a 3440x1440 will be cheaper too.

GTX1060 is cheaper here then the 480 and people saying but the 480 will be better in a few years with vulkan dx12 so pay €30 more but by then I will be getting a GTX1280 or whatever is the top of the line then. So getting a 1060 cause it's cheaper and better performing now when I need not in 2 years when I will have a different card anyway.

Sli and crossfire is dead it hardly supported in any games.

I was given a second GTX680 recently and Sli hardy helped.

maybe try reading a book and playing some sports with your friends
and when are you gonna give me grandchildren?
are you even eating? youre skin and bones

I'm kind of a noob when it comes to pc building.
Would you guys set an i5 or an i7 next to this bad boy?
Are there other viable builds i should be considering?
Sorry if i'm so oblivious.

i5 is should be fine for gaming, but definitely i7 if you want to do something more.

I'm guessing 8gb of DDR5 ram is the minimum allowed even tho i'd probably go 16gb just to feel i didn't waste the GPU's potential

Yes, but 8GB is becoming the recommended for many games at this point, so at this point going for 16 is better. Of course you can just buy 8GB now and add 8 more a little later if you don't have all the money right now.

lmao

My pc is 10 years old, if i upgrade i wanna expect the new one to last just as much.

then buy a good cpu, lots of storage, lots of ram, and get a job.

buy a $150 gpu because you won't need anything better considering how there's been fucking nothing on PC for 6 years

to be fair there are some games i'd want on my pc
So i figure why not

will run on a $150 gpu even though those are some pretty shitty games

worst timing ever brah, they are just making dx11 cards "4k ready" now, any real tech that comes out and you are left behing with everyone with a card from 2008

So you would suggest waiting a couple more years?
It's not like i spend so much time on games anymore, but i will need a new one at some point (cables are getting ruined, power group doesn't work anymore and it's currently just an expensive power strip, i somehow fucked my win32 by deleting a bunch of icons etc.)

wait for zen to come out at the end of the year then look into upgrading. you should upgrade about once every 5 years.

what is zen?
Says who? :^)
In my country they say "don't fix what still works"

I've got an R9 280x with my i5 6600k
is it time to upgrade?

The Witcher 3, Ultra, Post AA, No HairWorks

GTX1060 - 68.4
AMD 480 - 61.2

These cards just give 1080p/60, a lower card will not.

These are a stopgap for us on AMD 7* and gtx6 cards and below. Vram on these cards makes new games unplayable but we are going to wait a gen or two to go top end.

Lower $150 won't even give 1080p/60 so the 480 or gtx1060 are a good card for us.

Eh, isn't this comparing an OC 1060 to a non-OC Fury?

Non OC 1060 is on the list in blue.

There hasn't been a single good vidya worth upgrading for for years.
Get a brain, morans.

Why are you on Holla Forums so and not /vr/

Witcher 3 is worth playing just so you know.

And I said worth upgrading for, cumguzzler.

Stop shilling that casual garbage.

Your right spend $400 on a ps4 to play it rather then a new $250 GPU.

I don't need to spend anything if I wanted to play it, dumbfuck.

Upgrading doesn't necessarily means you want to play games, maybe you just have a bad pc and have disposable income.
Stick your head out of your ass.

They why are in the thread for people that need a new GPU to play newer games?

Because I wanted to ask a question and still didn't get my answer.

What is your question so.

I am upgrading to play withcer 3, NuDoom, Deus ex at a playable framerate and quailty.

So yes there is a reason to upgrade my GTX680's for new games and will pay $250 rather then $400 for a ps4 and have 60fps and mouse and keyboard controls.

If you prefer to pay more for a PS4 and us a controller good for you, some of us don't want to do that.

That explains everything.

By the way, what's your obsession with ps4?

Go to /vr/ if you only play older games. Or are you and assfaggots and overwatch player.

That's not a question.

Projections are strong with you, buddy.

Well I have two options to play new games a new GPU or a PS4. I made my choice upgrade my GPU you are saying not to which only leaves the PS4 as an option.

Nice time to be a pc mustard rice

Are you a newfag or consolefag it used to new GPU, CPU and RAM every year in the 90's and 00's

It is a OK time last GPU was bought 2012 and not replacing it with a $250 card and still have better graphics then the PS4 and saved a lot of money.

PS4 fags spent $400 and now are going to buy a PS4 neo in that time.

I still go with the AMD for 2 reasons

Freesync and CF support.

Still the 1060 is the better option for anyone who doesn't plan to go over 1080p in a couple years

CF is worthless, Hardly works in any new games and by the time you might want it in few years it will better just to buy the modern $250 available at that time.

Look at the amd 280x, if you cross fired that now rather then get the 480 it will be terrible at nuDoom it doesn't support vulkan and would be shit overall.

I was given a second GTX680 for SLI and really it didn't help at all cause older tech and no sli and cf support.

Before everyone goes to throw money at Nvidia, just a few tips.

1. RX 480 is still better price/performance.

2. The GTX1060 is about 10% or so more powerful for $50 more minimum. A lot of AIB options are more then 250.

3. AIB RC 480s don't look to carry the price premium that the GTX 1060 does, will have better cooling, power and overclocking then the reference card and will be publically available any day now.

4. Most importantly, AMD cards still do vastly better at DX12 and Vulkan.

5. AMD cards consistently get better over time thanks to driver support, Nvidia cards are usually sunset and forgotten about when it comes to software optimization.

To be perfectly honestly, the 1060 is card without much of a point. It isn't better enough then the RX 480 to make it the choice for 1440p Ultra, that choice is still clearly the 1070. It's doesn't meet any important performance delta in 1080p Ultra.

There really isn't any reason to get the 1060 over the RX 480 unless there is some exclusive Nvidia stuff you want access too, like shadow play. If you want an Nvidia card, get the 1070 and invest in 1440p. If you want a 1080p ultra card, get the RX 480.

What does nogame machine have anything to do with shit PC devs and the horrible time for PC hardware renewal?
It's every 3 years, 300+ bucks. Practically a new console

TFW the GTX1060 is cheaper then the 480 in most of Europe and already has 3rd party coolers/

So, how much more do we have to wait till all these things are clear, and all the ne cards are out on the market?

A few more posts, and you will claim that people have to build a completely new PC every 2 years.

wasnt the 480 ruining people's computers???? lol

Cheaper? It's 100€ more expensive in Spain, is it really cheaper ont he rest of europe?

That's reaching out, stay mad

Yeah in the UK and Germany anyway. You can order from mindfactory.de they ship to Spain.

€279 for the GTX1060

Raedon HD 4600 series here. I don't even think I could upgrade without getting a new case and/or motherboard

No it wasn't, it was slightly out of spec for PCI-E power compliance. No case of actual damage doing to computers was proven, and if they was, believe me, we'd of heard of it.

Also, they not only fixed it with a driver update, but improved overall performance by about 3% at the same time.

I honestly can't comment on that, but I don't see how Nvidia cards can be cheaper then the AMD cards if they are both subjected to the same taxes and duties, but be 50-100 dollars more expensive in the states. That doesn't make much sense.

Sapphire is saying between now and August 5th. XFX is hinting at sooner. MSI same. Apparently AMD is having trouble manufacturing enough chips to meet the insane demand despite having a sizable launch stock, unlike the 1070 and 1080.

Bleh. Let me try that first line again. 'No example of actual damage done to motherboards was proven, and it they were, we'd have heard of it.'

The price thing is just competition at place, i doubt that it would've be at this price if AMD hadnt release RX480 for that price.
Where is the fucking third party versions with better coolers and additional pins for the 8gb?
Fuck sakes, get your shit together AMD.

It was ruining the pc of overclockers, not enough pins for a overclocked 8gb version

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127965&ignorebbr=1

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202221&cm_re=rx480-_-14-202-221-_-Product

$10 Difference and AMD has a shit cooler.

Or buy the faster GTX1060 now.

nah

???

Reminder that Nvidia are kikes that will fuck you in the ass and demand more shekels as soon as they release new cards.

Buy the time Pascal replacement come out I would be getting a new card anyway.

It's a low end card, it need to be replaced every few years.

Why would anyone buy Nvidia when you're going to get cucked out of image quality? Embed related.

Problem exists on the 1070 as well. Nvidia have been pulling shit like this for years to cheat on benches but next to nobody notices or seems to care.

The 1060 also gets completely fucking stomped by the 480 in vulkan as well. It's a safe bet that any future games using it are going to show the same result.

Nvidia and AMD are both turbo kikes, nothing much one can do except buy shit 2nd hand

because nvidia is being shilled as fuck only in this thread there are 40 posts by shill split in two ids
(oh you can buy nvidia cheaper here hehehe totally not shill)
imagine how heavy shilling is on leddit and other more popular sites

pics related

I don't care what Nvidia comes out with or how much "better" it is. I don't pay any money into corrupt businesses like Intel.

ebuyer.com/750213-msi-radeon-rx-480-8gb-gddr5-hdmi-3-x-displayport-pci-e-graphics-rx-480-8g?mkwid=sWA3N2WiH_dc&pcrid=51630194939&pkw=&pmt=&gclid=Cj0KEQjwwry8BRDjsbjMpPSDvagBEiQA5oW0nLCIUkUCDpU5FsrptNlvbELDJZjU9zuZpm3j33lQhAwaAiXX8P8HAQ

AMD Rolled out another one of those updates they did like Raptr when they updated the new drivers where it supports in game recording, streaming and highlighting. I haven't tried Nvidia's Shadowplay yet but it seems to be the same thing.

$10 and 2gb difference

Will a i5 3570k be ok for this?

Yes

hehe AMD is so BTFO all hail DX12 pls buy 1060 xDDD

cant wait for more Vulkan games

Beth have Vulkan running on a older version for Nvidia and the current version for AMD

Until they are running the same version of Vulkan you cannot say it's better

reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/4se75o/lower_performance_with_vulkan_on_gtx_970/

The GTX 1060 is about $250 - $300+ in USA. It is about £190 - £250 in UK.

The RX 480 is about $200 - $280 in USA. It is about £153 - £205 in UK.

The 480 is cheaper, but performs less than the GTX 1060. Makes sense. Both are great cards. All it comes down to is what software you want, and who is having the better deal at the moment.

Fuck off shill.

Can you find me a RX480 8gb for £200 I am looking at £250 for most.

No.

So you made up the prices?

How much do they pay you, seriously this is extremely obvious to everyone

you are fucking retarded.

newegg.com/global/uk/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=rx 480&N=-1&isNodeId=1

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=rx 480&N=-1&isNodeId=1

newegg.com/global/uk/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709 601205646&Tpk=gtx 1060&ignorear=1

newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100007709 601205646&Tpk=gtx 1060&ignorear=1

newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127965&cm_re=gtx1060-_-14-127-965-_-Product

1060 for that price.

Newegg ship from America after duty it will be in the £280 price range

Since the rx480 is not in stock I used a 970 to show you a £190 newegg card will actually cost.

So still no rx480 for £200 unless you are saying the gtx1060 is also £190

I have been doing it for years and never had any problems, you can get a lot of stuff really cheap and if doesn't work just send it back.

Upgraded my rig early last year and got 2 r9 290's for 320, and a 3930k with a motherboard for less than 400.

You can get gpu's for as much as 50% off retail when you buy used, makes upgrading much cheaper.

AMD's new CPU architecture that looks like it won't actually suck this time

You're fine on the CPU front but the GPU could be upgraded if you want to play on max settings in new games but most the new stuff is shit so I would wait at least until the end of the year when AMD releases the rest of their 400 line so GPU prices will drop.

I remember when they were saying that about bulldozer

spend that 150$ on a gun and shoot yourself instead

There are plenty of other ways to kill himself. If you really want him to die quickly by a gunshot, then help him to do it in such a way that we can use his death as an argument against gun control.

Only somewhat related to this thread:

How fucking long is Nvidia going to keep trying to wring shekels out of people their $200+ g-sync tax? While still overpriced years ago when it launched, it was at least understandable from an economics standpoint. It was a new technology that they had the monopoly on, with high demand and low supply, and even after free sync became available, it was really bad compared to g-sync for a while.

But at this point free sync has:
Just as many if not more monitors to choose from
Superior refresh rate range
Lower input latency
$200 less for a the same resolution/size/panel type
Monitors have additional inputs other than a single display port

How long before the kikes take a hike and implement freesync. Creating hardware divisions like this is complete cancer, and works directly against PC's greatest strength as a platform.

I had a 2600k back then so I can't comment about the hype for ManWithShovel got but from what I know about Zen is that it is completely different from ManWithShovel with an architecture closer to what intel is using and it was designed by the guy who did the Sandy Bridge architecture for Intel.

I am reaiming sceptical for the moment but since I am not in need of a new cpu for at east a year I will wait and see what AMD can bring to the table.

*remaining skeptical

My fingers aren't listening to me

G-sync monitors require a separate chip from nvidia so monitor makers just pass the cost on to the consumer which is why they cost extra.

As for why they are continuing it is because they already sunk lots of money in creating the hardware so they want a return on that.

Also, since g-sync only works on nvidia gpu's they are hoping to use their greater market share to to muscle out AMD entirely and become a near monopoly like what we have in the CPU market. The main point of the chips is to convince people to buy only from them to continue using adaptive since but AMD fucked them over by not only making freesync free but also getting VESA to make it an industry standard and part of new Display port iterations.

should I get this?
I need a card to replace my shitty 660

My condolences

Christ, just get a used GPU of ebay. I have seen r9 280's go for around 100 US.

3gb Vram
2012 Performance

Buy something better, that card is already worthless.

if you want to play mediocre, modern high-budget console ports that cost 60 bucks each, sure

Pirating costs nothing, instead of buying games put the money towards a better GPU.

8/8
gr8 b8 m8

I have the same card and it has been enough to play anything at high settings up to this year when dark souls iii gave me drops to 45fps. Otherwise it's damn good value card for the money if you get it used. for about $80.

There wasn't a good reason to upgrade from that until right now with the 1060 and that is purely because of the crazy performance it offers at that price

I have a gtx 760 should I just get a used 780ti for around $300-$400 a 770 for $200-$300 or 480/1060, they are about $300-$400 where I live?

Wherever you are, you are my nigger user

Yeah in the last year Vram became really important, Buying a lower then 6gb vram card today would be pretty stupid.

780ti's go for less than 200 on ebay

not in Canada they're not

try for a r9 290 then, the reference models are going for 160 US since no one wants to deal with the noise.

You can get the reference model and then buy an aftermarket cooler for around 50 US

All I need is something that can run Dragon's Dogma and Bannerlord silky smooth and I won't need a better graffix card for the rest of my life.

r8 my toaster

I would rather spend $150 on a neon to slap on top of my pc spelling "jews and pirates are one of a kind" just to piss you guys off.

time to upgrade/10

nice vegetable

Sapphire custom RX480 beats 1060 and 980

1420MHz OC on the RX 480? Hmm, that's pretty low of an overclock considering some people with the shitty reference card got upwards of 1490MHz, 1500MHz or above with water cooling solution.
Whereas the GTX 10X0 cards pretty much max out at 2050~, 2125 with some fine tuning and decent picks on the lottery.

ASSUMING THIS IS ALL NOT BULL SHIT

finally some competition for nvidia kikes
Really hope Zen will have same effect

No most people had issues get near 1400 on the rx480.

But hopefully custom card are not retarded with the powersetup

reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4tum2s/sapphire_rx_480_nitro_benchmarks_crysis_3_w3_gta/d5kf9o0

Found the source, it's a my uncle works at Nintendo one.

Hopefully it can but the standard one has issues staying at it rated 1266mhz and downclocks to 1200mhz. People have issues getting the stock near 1400mhz on water so I will take this with a grain of salt as the source is a reddit poster who uncle work at nintendo.

Welp, now we know that the 1060 is undoubtedly the superior card for the market it's being sold to. Check mate amd. Spread this, btw.

I was thinking of changing to the RX480 is that uncle works at Nintendo poster turned out to be true. But it seems on my i5 2500k the GTX1060 will be better with Vulkan.

When I updgrade my CPU in a few years I will be buying a new GPU anyway.

No one buying a RX480 or GTX1060 bought a top of the line i7.

You aren't even trying are you? This is some of the saddest shilling I have ever seen.

What said.
It's better to first spend your money on a good CPU, then upgrade the GPU later on.
Looking at how things currently are, I won't need to upgrade my CPU for a while.

The RX 480 gets heaps better Vulkan performance, Vulkan is the API of the future, and Nvidia optimized their card for the past.

GTX 1060 is a fail, shill.

60fps to 81fps, while the 1060 starts higher at 91 and goes to 103.

Sure it's a smaller gain but it's better then the top vulkan fps before anway.