Dark souls 3 shitty boss design

Why are so many potentially amazing bosses made so fucking OP to coax and force you into taking the bullshit piss-easy route to kill it?

Like Yhorm the Giant, fuckhueg boss that does a ton of damage to both your hp and stamina if you guard, requires precise dodge timings if you want to land a hit

Ancient Wyvern, requires you to stay close enough in range to land hits on its sensitive weak head, but far back enough to block or dodge its lethal attacks

Wandering fire demon in undead settlement, challenging earlygame boss for the player to test their skill

Fuck Fromsoft

no
    …
        fuck youuuuuuuuuuuuu

Doo Doo
Pee Pee
Dark Souls 3 is a bad game.

agreed. 1 does everything so much fucking better

Get the fuck out. Also siegward doesn't do shit against the fire demon. You're just bad at the game.

dark souls 3 is mediocre. better than dark souls 2, but that just makes it the second worse slow paced third person action game.

Stormbringer is cool and Yhorm's moveset is total shit anyways.
Ancient Wyvern's fight fits thematically (being a fucking old and powerful dragon that literally needs to get its brain splattered to be stopped) and there already is a boss right after that has a dragon of which you have to hit its head.
There's another fire demon later on anyways which has a fun gimmick of getting the mimic to kill it for you

Dark Souls 3 was awful. I hated how they changed the poise. The poise was always fine, and they changed it. Now poise doesn't work and that makes me upset. If poise worked like how it did before that would make the game better. Poise shouldn't have been changed.

they seemed to have disabled it, not changed it.

Amazingly it's still better than dark souls 2, but everyone know if you actually want a good modern from game you'd play bloodborne. Even then, From has a history of far better games you can play too.

It was kinda weird how it actually looked notably worse than Bloodborne, a game that's a year older and targets a low end system relative to the PC. Guess it shows how much better exclusives can be over multiplatform titles.

I generally liked the boss design in 3 but you are absolutely correct on those three. I fought Yhorm normally for awhile thinking that he was going to topple over at some point like the Tower Knight from DeS and let me do actual damage to him, but after 20 minutes I messaged my friend and he said I had to charge up the stormbringer (I tried using it earlier but didn't think to keep it in the stance mode).

I didn't even know that you could fight the Ancient Wyvern without bullshit, that's pretty strange that they chose to go that route.

Siegward distracts him which makes the fight trivial, like how summoning a coop partner for any boss in these games makes them trivial (excluding a couple good multi bosses like S&O)

They turned off the poise. They should turn the poise back on. Nothing was wrong with the poise. Give poise back to the players. Literally everything wrong with Dark Souls 3 that isn't poise would be fixed by poising the poise back. Just poise the poise poise poise poise *poise Poise POISE POISE POISE POISE POISE POISE POISE POISE POISE POISE POISEPOISEPOISEPOISE*

Wyvern was kind of dissapointing to me too. Spend a decent half an hour trying to get him normally, until I realized how bullshit his moves are and started looking for another way, only to end up with a one hit KO.

OP, just because you're bad at video games doesn't mean the game is bad. You're just retarded.

ggnore2ezlemonsqueeze japanesey

Maybe I just need to finally finish DS3, but I've been enjoying it up to the parts I'm at and not really seeing all the justification for the hate. Poise is some shit though.

No they didn't it's working just as intended.

This game felt like it was made for magic / pyro / casters since its almost impossible to run out of spells and you can kill anything before it gets to you even

We need a dark souls 1 remaster. ds3 graphics, ds1 game mechanics.

You're right, and so are they.

Unfortunately most are retards

Wut
Unless they completely overhauled magic in the last month the game fucks casters so hard up the ass it isn't even remotely funny.
Pyromancy has a few places where its really good but suffers a lot of similar problems and the game just continues the trend of Souls games becoming more STR/DEX dominant as they go on.

Just play dark souls 1 you faggot, the graphics are fine

You can kill Yhorm solo without using stormsword. You just have to keep hitting him until he staggers and then crit him in the face.

Was disappointing indeed. He also helps with him.

MLGS is good after buff.
There are fast spells. But magic was generally bad/borderline useless. Int investment dex investment att investment to do same damage as raw longsword. And magic/fire/etc enchantment was making weapon unbuffable therefore useless. Its not really hard to play as caster, but longsword are better every time.

Yhorm was the fucking easiest boss in the entire fucking game. What the fuck are you talking about?
Maybe all fucking bosses should follow the same style of just hit this thing with your weapon. Fuck off faggot, this was different and a change is nice for once.

Overall shitty bait sorry

I killed Yhorm the old fashioned way in my first playthrough.

Fuck you Ancient Wyvern was GREAT. It was like a redo of Dragon God except it was good and not utter shit like the Dragon God. It's actually fun and challenging to make it all the way to the ramparts for the jump because of the giant lizards with the flails.

Dark souls 3 is just the worst example of its design philosophy. Its fair to offer up easy ways to get past bosses, you could do that for bosses in dark souls 1 and demon souls but they were way less common than this. The fact you can now call in like 4 white phantoms or even AI phatoms for some boss fights kills any chance for a fair fight at most spots in the game. The bosses actually do put up a fair bit of challenge for solo runs, but the reward for doing that doesn't exist. Ds3 has okay bosses for a souls game, but it really kills their potentially by actually tipping the scales a lot more in the favor of the player than ever before.

Not only are the bosses dull and shit , and always follow the same bullshit style of sub 50% lets attack faster and change bullshit, but of all the dark souls games DS3 has the fewest bosses of the series, Demons Souls included. You'd think having about half the amount of bosses of each other games boss roster, DS3 would seek to excel in the department of bosses, not the shit we got. This shit was obviously just a cashgrab by from.

Frankly, the only benefit to Dark Souls 3 was showing DS has fanboys as bad as bethesda with how they defended how shit the game is. Fuck, at least DS2 had some redeeming qualities to it, with its New game + and variety of weapon builds, some pvp. But DS3 has nothing going for it other than some nice aesthetics and purdy graphics. The entire thing is a lesson in disappointment.

I heard a rumor it was actually because they made DS3 with whatever they used for BB and couldnt get poise properly working. That or Miyazaki still had a chubby from working on Bloodborne and decided to ruin the souls franchise to act out his desire to keep working on BB.

it was retarded fromsoft needs to give up on making dragon battles kaathe from ds1 was the best with the poison dragon from the dlc in ds2 at second

Only really liked Champion Gundyr. Challenging but entirely fair; no camera or chinese girl cartoon bullshit.
Dragonslayer Armour would have been great too if it weren't for the pube dragons shitting aids blood at you from off-screen.

I'll admit some moments did have me stand gobsmacked for a few seconds, chiefly when we first see Irithyll.

He should have let his raging hard-on for Bloodborne cool down before starting on DaS3. I might prefer BB but that doesn't mean I want DaS to play like it.

DS2 made quite a few good decisions, but the gameplay is so much worse than the others, try this experiment: Play DS3 for an hour and then switch to DS2 right after. It feels so slow and unresponsive it's ridiculous.

you mean kalameet?

Don't judge DS3 before the DLC is out. Every souls game so far has been improved tenfold by the DLC

B team definitely stepped up their game from DS2 but it's still B team, the game was too easy and Ifumbled through most bosses without putting in any effort to learn their patterns or weakness as they are all very forgiving.

They also fucked heavy armor and light armor playstyles with how stupid it is that up to fucking 70% equipl oad still has a good roll.

Yes yes, DS3 is shit. Any news about the DLC?

They fucked up heavy armor way harder by making poise NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL.
There's no reason not to pick a fast poke weapon, since literally every attack in the game does a hitstun.

yea kalameet mixed him up with the serpent

i agree but by the dragons in 3 i doubt they will make a dragon actually fun to fight ever again

Yeah the internal mechanical balancing of DS3 is garbage.

Better than Dark Souls 2 bosses at least

It just makes medium armor overwhelmingly superior when both light and medium have the same I frames.
The poise is also an important issue but it is still there, you just need to be wearing full havel armor before you can even see a slight effect.

That's true, with bosses like the covetous demon and the bunch of rats and the bunch of skeletons and the bunch of tall robots and the rip offs and the repeats…
At least the bosses in ds3 were unique.

I expected to have to do the run to the top two more times, with different enemies added and more aggressive tactics from the Wyvern. But no, 1HKO

Actually, you may have just had different luck. Depending on where you run into the Demon and where the fight takes you, Siegward may join immediately before you can even get a hit in or wait until near the end of the fight. From my experience it's usually the former

I fucking hate PVP. Not the PVP gameplay itself. That's pretty decent, darksword aside. II hate PVP because the fact that it exists results in some retardedly stupid balance decisions that carry over to PVE. There has to be a better way to deal with this. Maybe have poise affect non-player/enemies but not players. Or just come up with entirely different stats for PVP vs PVE. Trying to come up with a entirely balanced system is nothing but misery.

Because Ceaseless Discharge, Bed of Chaos, Four Kings, Fire Demonsage and Gaping Dragon are amazing bosses

It's like everyone else has played a different version of Dark Souls 1. What the fuck how is it so liked to almost godlike status when it's just as flawed as its sequels?

okay yeah those are bad, you also conveniently ignore champrion gundyr, nameless king, abyss watchers (granted they're easy, but still entertaining), twin princess, and pontiffs bizarre adventure

Except that it's not you retard, poise is turned off in-game.
You can change it back with CE but that's it, the only thing that poise does is that if you have 0, exactly 0 poise you have no super armor, if you have 1 poise or armor then you do have super armor.All armors in game grant poise except that one naked set so it literally doesn't matter.

These bosses sucks except for the four kings and maybe ceaseless discharge

At least it is decent 3d metroidvania.

Appropriate reaction image, considering both it and your reply deal with drones.

We speak English here, you memespounting faggot. From what little I gleamed out of the regurgitated shit that flowed out of your asshole and onto your keyboard, it seems like you didn't enjoy these boss fights. Well, the first two are what you could call gimmick fights; Yhorm can be easily defeated with the Storm Ruler and the Ancient Wyvern is more of a speed running obstacle course than it is a boss fight and that culminates in a plunging attack victory. These fights are perfectly functional, albeit an awkward change of pace that is reminiscent of the gimmick fights from previous games (Bed of Chaos, Dragon God, Maiden Astraea, etc). You may not enjoy them, but they work out just fine. Instead of shitting out half digested meme-filled ramblings, why not suggest something better that could have made these fights more interesting?
Could have made it so that you fight him normally, and then when he gets down to a certain amount of HP he will "transform", perhaps entering into a more aggressive "berserker" state in which his attacks do substantially more damage but are easier to read, after which the Storm Ruler becomes available via some Douche Sex Machina and you use it to finish off the fight.
Could have made it so that you run through the obstacle course only to work your way to a large platform where the dragon will confront you. Could have been Kalameet 2.0; maybe they could have figured out a way to allow players to plunge him a few times for substantial damage.

There's nothing wrong with the Stray Demon in Undead Settlement. Maybe he could have been placed in a larger area so that you don't have to worry so much about falling to your demise if you back pedal farther away without watching your back, but that's a minor nitpick.

Anyway, I think there are more minor but egregious flaws the game suffers from, such as bonfire placement. Pic related.

Personally I only liked fighting the nameless king and that was because of the fight actually being marginally difficult. That and I wasnt lagging to all hell due to froms shitty optimization.

Irithyll valley was beautiful as was many of the areas in the starting city like where the old woman is. Shame thats all DS3 had going for it.

Thats the point. Dark souls is a medieval styled game. The combat is supposed to be slower and clunkier. Go play Demons souls or DS1, theyre slow and clunky for a reason. Youre weilding big weapons in armor. The quick paced combat is a trait of bloodborne and ruined DS3 when it got it. And I have been playing DS2, it's funner than DS3. Ive already beat DS1 twice and DS2 once since I beat DS3 and i've no desire to go back to 3 after only beating it once.

Miyazaki made 3 dude. and B team made a better game than miyazakis last dark souls.

thing is poise was good in the games for pvp except for outliers like havels. They could have just fucking nerfed or not added in havels and it'd be fine. But instead the entire system is removed and as a consequence 3/4ths of the weapons are rendered useless because of it. I dont even get what from was thinking.

One isn't even a boss.
Yhorm and Ancient Wyvern are only 2 out of 19 of the bosses.

To be sincere I think the boss design peaked with demon souls. I didn't finish it yet but holy shit each boss is so unique. Didn't feel that in any dark souls.

PvP was a mistake.

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls 1 got it right where PvP was just a thing people could do and most of the balancing done was done in regards to people playing the game rather than PvP with the PvP itself being more of a contest over who can be the biggest dick rather than about fair fights with a couple of exceptions like duel signs and the arena thing where there was a bit more structure.

Hell, if PvP fags had their way with Dark Souls 1 scaling in that game would still be 100% irrelevant and lightning would ultrakill everything and you'd still be able to do flips as long as your equipment weight was under 50.

If PvP fags had been catered to completely co-op wouldn't even be a thing and neither would things like bosses it would all just be one big flat area where you select your weapon and then fight some guy with the exact same weapon for the 100th time.

And some of them pretty fun to conquer, even if they're slightly repetetive. Vordt, Pontiff Sulyvahn, the Dancer and the Twin Princes were all pretty similar, but satisfying as fuck to get over.
And to be honest, the Nameless King kicks any of DS1 and 2's bosses ass' in terms of difficulty.

You just sound like your shit at the game.
Dark Souls 3 had the best boss design in the series so far.

I killed Yhorm with storm ruler alright.

But I had no idea you had to hold the charge after the first little wind gathers. One of the more intense Souls fights, took a shitlong time with no breathers, great stuff.

Demon's Souls is not "slow and clunky". It was already faster than Dark Souls and Bloodborne is barely faster than Demon's Souls.

No, he didn't. He only came on in the second half of development.

fifteen years old

Have you linked the fire yet goy?

Back underwater with you, kikewraith

If you were any good you'd just parry it.

I bet they gimped the poise system after all the butthurt from mother and father mask + havels builds and such.

Unfortunately, they overdid it a bit. But the thought is still appreciated.

They're both Jews
but Frampt is a bigger one.

Fume Knight and the two king pets are way harder. Though the only thing about 3 I really liked was the bosses were all pretty good and consistent. Even else is such a step down it isn't even funny. 1 and 2 are just so much more fun.

REMINDER THAT FRAMPT HAD AN ORGASM IN FRONT OF YOU.

Shitty level design after undead settlement. No replay value.

I took 2/3s out of Xboxhueg Dragon's health before realizing there was a path behind him you could go into. I just assumed I was causing him little damage because I was too under leveled for the area.