Gaming controvery Thread

LIMBO OF THE LOST!

Any more games that did something as completly shameless as LITERALLY STEALING EVERYTHING. Not one level here or there, but literally just copy pasted concepts, graphics, sounds from other games directly into their game.

This is the only game I ever heard about which did it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L_3iT0DzyIA
lotl.wikia.com/wiki/Backgrounds
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I completely forgot about Limbo of the Lost.

With an ending like this, they can get away with anything.

I recently watched an hour long analysis of that game.

I only knew about it from gaming magazines I used to buy as a child, but wew, it wasn't even good.

I am really wondering how they think they could ever get away with copying oblivion rooms like in the OP.
They just look so unique. You instantly recognize the ayleid architecture.

Oh I think its in the related videos to the ending. Shooting the shit or whatever. I might watch that.

youtube.com/watch?v=L_3iT0DzyIA

Yup, that one.

Limbo of the Lost was such an odd game. The game in itself is real fucking strange but what's more strange is the actual development that must've gone through it. Stealing a few things is not atypical but to steal SO FUCKING MUCH and from insanely popular games like Oblivion? I can't tell if it was some kind of incredibly deep commentary on something or maybe the director is just an idiot, but that idiot managed to make a game which is more than most of even the game dev threads on this board can say. To be so fucking dumb, and yet still entirely fluent to make a shitty game? I can't believe it, this has to be some kind of deep satire I just don't get.

Dat fuckin ending tho

Google brought me this. What the everloving fuck.

Anyone remember when Acclaim Entertainment rigged Bus stops to start 'bleeding' red dye to promote their game?

Or then advertised on peoples graves in actual graveyards for Shadowman 2?

Or then encouraged people to speed by offering to pay speeding fines if they sped to the store to buy Burnout 2 on launch day?

Or then offered parents $10,000 to name their newborn children 'Turok'?

Or then that time they painted Pidgeons like tennis balls and released them at Wimbledon for Virtua Tennis?

Fucking Acclaim Entertainment were a never ending source of controversy in their time.

Oh, and there was that time the devs of God of War 2 sacrificed a goat, and the time the Splinter Cell had a fake shootout in a random bar in New Zealand without telling anyone. That was kinda fucked up.

Jesus Christ, that fucking game.

OH I remember now what I wanted compare Limbo of the lost to:
It's LITERALLY the tommy wiseau's the room of videos games.

Really the only thing missing is quotable stupid memes, but since we didn't make any memes out of Limbo of the Lost, it failed in that aspect.

ITS OKAY FAM

OH MAI FUCKKEN GAWD ALL THE RAGE

driv3r

But user, this is a thread about videogames.
:^)

Give an example.

I bet you're a liberal

Most of the video game names like naming your child Dovahkiin, Dragonborn (at least pick the fucking dragonic name), etc are all stupid

BUT Turok is such a cool fucking name.
I'll allow it.

That is cool. I approve.

I like everything on that, except the first 3 things. Vandalizing graves and bus stops is rude and paying the speeding fines is actually dangerous behavior.

Almost like they are counting on someone fucking up, getting maimed or killed and thinking that the risk for more publicity is worth it.

I AM TUROK!

They literally ripped everything off. For example the opening cinematic is straight from the fucking Spawn movie.

What is that?

You know how that is bullshit? Beside the sheer quanitity of stealing ofc.

But Limbo of the Lost was indevelopment since Atari. Yup, look it up. And even back then they stealed.

wow a hattrick

Stop being retarded please. You're ruining the board.

C'mon, guys.

Damn son

shut up and kiss

Man $10k ain't a lotta money but I'd name my kid Turok. That pigeon thing is kinda hilarious though.

If you care about "bait" or people that respond to it, you are a retarded fucking faggot and I wish you'd never come from whatever website you came from.

You people are cancer.

I never seen this level of stealing before. Other game creators at least re-render those backgrounds, erase original items/unique features of it, or just retrace everything entirely.

It requires high bravery to put literally screenshots from other games into your shit.

Hahaha holy shit.

Why would anyone making fun of another want to fuck? That makes no sense. You should go get some social experience.

oh yeah, bethesda did the same thing with skyrim. I think if someone named their kid born on 11/11/11 they got a copy of the game for free or some shit.

lots of people did it iirc

Turok means Truk in some eastern european languages.

Its a shit name.

Turk*

I just remembered one the Resident Evil films advertisers left random fake human body parts around Madrid to the shock of tourists and annoyance of police officers, who did not like all the phone calls they caused, then they did the same thing for one of the Resident Evil video games but this time in London but this time also by having real meat strewn around to make it seem more realistic.

The first level is ripped from the opening level of Return to Castle Wolfenstein too.

Racist.

Yeah, call the police, fbi and obama.

It's called teasing.

And you really have a lot of sexual tension going on with him. Now touch each other.

And he even chose such iconic scenes.

If it were to come out today, Holla Forums would love it, because it's "anti-sjw and anti-feminist". :^)

Turok is native american you dingus.

The German word for No -> Nein, means 9 in English.

I like that. KEK

I wonder from where this train was ripped off?

Where can I get limbo of the lost? I can't find any active torrents

You really don't know what teasing and sexual tension is. Again, go get some social experience if you want to make remarks like that. You're being very socially awkward as what you are saying makes no sense at all.

wew

early 90's version of LotL looked promising

Why you even want to play this piece of garbage? If dev has to steal from bethesda, it means he completely has no taste, and can't produce quality content.

Unreal Tournament.

Faggot in this context almost certainly means meatball, given the creator's nationality and all.

But I mean it's still hilarious.

Holy shit, i knew i played that.

looks a bit silent hill-esque to me

I see what you are saying. You want to share some experience with me. Well then.

Just watch a LP or a review of it, mate.
Why would you touch this shit?

Thanks Reddit!

It's surprising how much shit they stole: lotl.wikia.com/wiki/Backgrounds

Not everyone who addresses you negatively want to fuck dude. Seriously, go seek some help. If you continue to live in this kind of denial you might endanger yourself or others.

Well, they say love is dangerous.
But don't worry, you are safe in my arms.

come here and let's cuddle

As I said there is no desire to cuddle or have sexual relations with you in any way. What you are seeing isn't real. Go seek help from a professional. I don't even understand how you could reach such a conclusion.

thanks mate

Who says anything about having sex?

I just want to be your friend. Friends cuddle. I want to cuddle with you.

Why are you baiting me for just a joke I made about you 2 retards arguing? I know you are. Or you are legitimetly autistic in thinking that I was serious in the beginning.

I have it actually. It was fun finding some of the many glitches and fucking around but that was about it.

As I said there is no desire to be your friend or you anything. Go seek professional help.
What joke? You said people wanted to have kiss and even posted an image suggesting they would want to have sex. Maybe you should stop making posts like that since they are so weird and straight up nonsensical. Its not even a meme or funny in any way. Its just awkward and (repeating myself) nonsensical.

post it please, I dont believe you

wasn't it pulled off immideatly?

nice bait

Bait? I am completely serious. Your posts were confusing at best and needed explaining. Hell I still think they need explaining.

Please stop baiting me, user.
What did I do to deserve this from you?

Please drop your act now. You are so good at this, I really really feel the urge to correct you, but I know that this is what you want.

First you say I would want to fuck you, now you think I am baiting for replies (and you reply anyway?) what is wrong with you and why is it so hard for you to explain yourself if you were "just joking"? You're making it look like you were completely serious and honest to god believed that people who don't agree with each other on the internet want to fuck or cuddle or whatever term you want to use.

Again, I think you should just stop making such posts as "x and y should kiss" and so forth. Look at how awkward you're being. It doesn't matter that you think, you're free to believe in your little fantasies as much as you want, but its probably best to keep those thoughts to yourself. Otherwise you're just going to cause a lot of confusion and awkward situations for being so socially maladjusted.

user, stop denying your love for e33eec and fall into his arms already.

Bethesda plagiarising an F:NV mod as a part of their fo4 dlc.

Again I have to stress that no such love exists and it is very odd and truly extraordinary how you could imagine that such a thing exists. It would be nice if some of you would explain how you could possibly reach such a conclusion as there is no visible indicator of such existing.

Guys, come on, get a room already.

Please tell me that you are for real.

Ohh, damn user, you went a bit too far here. Sorry, but the immersion is broken now. Sorry.

want a hug?

>implying you don't want to feel him on the inside

Beth are truly shockingly lazy devs.

Why would we be getting a room? For what purpose?

Not really.

Oh you…

How is it that you cannot explain where you are seeing all these imaginary attractions? You said it was just a joke, but clearly it is not a joke from this place. Is it because it is reddit humour that you are incapable of divulging the fact that that is where the joke is coming from? Is the truth that all this is just proof of yourselves as bottom feeders of the internet?

Or is the truth simply that you truly believe that there is some sort of love connection between people who disagree on the internet and you are too ashamed of it being revealed that you are covering it up?

Hey, you have a rare gem. Definitely valuable.

Intercourse for the purpose of procreation after marriage, of course.

user, it's okay. You can stop now.
You failed, you went too far.

Yes, I am too ashamed of my attraction to you.

Then please look at my other responses detailing my wish to hear what prompts you to believe in these imaginary desires. I would very much like to hear your reasoning for the "joke" or whether you truly believe it and why you believe it. Here is a place to start:

Me thinks thou dust protest too much

Just fuck him already.

I do not protest. I just wish for an explanation.

I just wish for an explanation. It is very curious how it is being denied. As if there was something to hide.

No need to be shy user, open yourself to love

I like where this thread is going

Please do not ignore my posts and respond to them properly instead of deflecting. You can add your imaginary desires to it as you please after the fact.

still not as bad as that one image where a guy hangs himself upside down by his balls and stretches them to an insane amount

God, this thread has turned into anal-papercuts.

Don't fight your feelings, user! Love is pure, no matter where it starts.

I just want to platonically cuddle with you, user.
For both our benefit, mentally and physically.

Which means you actually want to dominate e33eec sexually. It's ok, that happens to everyone eventually.

You can buy it for 10$. Its not rare or valuable at all.

He didn't even post anything original or rare, just extremely common shit anybody would have seen by now.
I mean, fucking goatse?

wat? No, I am calling big spoon.

Still, it's an interesting item to have. I'd keep it.

Well I do not know what to say. You seem to completely be deflecting away from the explanation which should be so simple to you. I just wish to see how you can imagine such subtext in my replies, but you continuously and curiously deny the explanation of where or how these emotions could be read. I wish I knew why you refuse to explain where all of this is coming from. But it truly does seem like you are dearly afraid of something.

This.
It was quaint at best.

That's why I said I like where it's going, it's clearly not there yet.

Where does the time go?

I sure hope that kid is popular at school….

At least you'll have fun.

You're the one who doesn't see the subtext.

I would be a bit nervous of actually coming to your house and making our bodies touch, rubbing our skin against each other and then hugging you from behind and kissing you neck. But that nervousness could also be excitement.

Love is always scary, user. But you should follow it no matter where it takes you

Yes so if I am the only one who cannot see the subtext then clearly you would be able to explain where and how the subtext comes to your mind.

I obviously meant that you are afraid of explaining where the subtext comes from. Please stop deflecting and respond properly. You can add all the sexual connotations afterwards. Though the reddit formatting just increases my belief that this is some bottom feeding reddit meme that needs to be snuffed out.

As I said earlier: Please do not ignore my posts and respond to them properly instead of deflecting. You can add your imaginary desires to it as you please after the fact.

Okay. I admit after you fucked up earlier, I only half-heartedly read your posts.

What do you want to know, besides that us getting together would be a good thing?

Wow. You surely have some mental issues.

I will just link an earlier post:

Listen, I was once like you. I was once in love. But I missed the opportunity, I let my love escape. Don't fall into the same pitfall! Chase it! NEver let it go!

How about you learn how to embed videos

You're being read like a book. Just reach out and accept him.

Oh.

Nah, I won't answer that, because that would mean you win.

A-DEWWWWW-WOPSTH
A-DEWBEEDEWWWWW-WOPSTH-a
A-DEWWWWW-WOPSTH
A-DEWBEEDEWWWWW-WOPSTH-a

As I said earlier: Please do not ignore my posts and respond to them properly instead of deflecting. You can add your imaginary desires to it as you please after the fact.

I do not mind all of these posts suggesting sexual relations, but I would like to hear an explanation of where you see these sexual subtexts. That is all I ask for.

Win? In what scope? In the scope that I would know how and why you are seeing these sexual subtexts? I guess you are right in that. But what would be so terrible about me "winning" and knowing where these sexual subtexts are coming from?

How cute

God, I wish you were for real and not baiting me. But you already slipped, so I dont think you are.

yeah, right? I want to hug that user.

I want to do more than hug.

Where does anyone see love? Is it something truly tangible? Is it something you can see, feel, smell on the air? Or is it something in your heart, the fluttering you feel in your stomach as you see someone you love come by?

Guy's adorable. Seems too genuine you ask me to be baiting.

Why thank you.

Look, you claim I am baiting for replies, yet you are still replying to me. I do not see the logic here. And you say I "slipped up"? Nothing you post makes sense. If I am baiting then surely you wouldn't reply. If I "slipped up" which makes no sense to me then clearly you could tell me where and how I would have done something like that. Yet you've said something like I've "slipped up" like twice and yet pointed out nothing that seems odd in any way.

jesus christ just fuck already

Well clearly you see it in the posts I am writing. If not then you wouldn't make such posts as you are doing.

As I have already explained there is no desire to fuck anyone and I just want an explanation of where the implication of fucking is coming from.

Why do you keep replying to him, then? You know all it will cause is him to keep claiming you're in love with him. The only rational answer is you keep wanting his attention

If you didn't want his replies, you wouldn't have started this.

He has you charmed, mate.

You slipped up here and here.

You are so oblivious, user … oh wait, fuck, gotta remind myself that you are just pretending.

I desire to know where the subtext of having sex is coming from. Its fine for him to keep claiming I am in love with him. It is not true so it doesn't matter. I just hope for an eventual explanation of why he started talking about love and such. I still have another 20 minutes before I have to go and I'm basically just waiting until then.

You are correct. I wish for replies. A reply to explain where the lovey dovey subtext comes from.

All I want is an explanation of where the subtext comes from. I do not see it and wish to know where it is. I do not know what I am "pretending", but I assure you all I desire is an explanation.

Before Dante's Inferno was released, EA bribed game journalists to give it a higher score, though it was played off as a PR stunt. They also hired fake protestors to make the game seem controversial, so that the devs could seem like rebellious free-speech advocates. Then, the actual game itself was a blatant God of War rip-off (not stealing-assets-level-of-rip-off though).

You live dangerously. I like that.

You both clearly crave each others attention like dick. Actually you're more depraved than the other guy, you want even more. Does this get (you) off? Are you keeping track? You're sick. Disgusting. Filth. Failure as a human.

because you were arguing with another user

HOLY SHIT! You actually planned all of this would happen. *saw title music playing*

Damn, user, nicely played.

He has to be protected, user.

BIG DEMON DICK!

^ this, but I dont hate him as you very well know

You are one autistic bastard.

Alright.

You can attribute whatever you want to me. All I wish is for an explanation of where you see the sexual subtext.

I'm sorry I do not see the connection. All I desire is to know where the sexual subtext is and why people started posting regarding it.

You can attribute whatever you want to me. All I wish is for an explanation of where they see the sexual subtext.

I want to fuck the autism out of d67bd0

Okay, you win:
It was just a joke at the beginning. You are either extremely good at baiting, that's why I am typing this or you're extremely autistic and didn't get the joke.

The joke is that when 2 people argue, one can joke about them 2 getting a room, because it's funny, since they don't like each other and because it references couples who argue with each other and then hatefuck/make up with sex each other to make up for it

He is quite something and got me to respond.
I hold out as long as I could.

I guess I can see where the supposed joke is coming from, but it makes no sense online where people have never met each other. The reason it works in real life is that when people argue in real life they can see and touch each other. On a place like Holla Forums everyone is anonymous (or tied to an ID in the thread but still), there is no lingering identity between threads and therefore nothing to suggest they would ever know each other or meet each other. While you are calling me autistic for not understanding this, it really seems like an autistic thing to use on Holla Forums since there is no suggestion that these people could ever meet each other. Places with static IDs like forums could be a case of where you could use it though, since people have a lingering ID between threads and are usually tight knit communities and not total strangers. In short, your "joke" doesn't work on imageboards.

Quite odd how you completely refused to explain your reasoning though.

Yes, but it's okay.

I still want to touch you up, user. ;)

user I want to be inside you so bad

I don't see how those two you quoted relate to each other, but I will just assume your refusal to respond to my actual criticisms mean you agree that these jokes do not work on anonymous imageboards.

Is there a fucking slice of pepperoni pizza tattoo'd on her?

Mate, my joke works so well, that:

I want to be inside you, while I share a long tongue kiss with and make jokes about your huge autism maximus.

It's okay user, you don't have to understand the joke to be cute.

That's pretty lewd

Damn user, you're pretty good at this. Tell you what, why don't we enter together? It's going to be a tight fit, but I have a feeling you don't mind rubbing up against each other, lubing each other up with our juices as we kiss and lick each other all over.

This thread is fucking gay.

The best part is that this game had been in 'development' for roughly 20 years at that point.

It's a joke. At least half of it.

At least it made him shut up for once.

Ya nah you love dicks and you shouldn't be afraid to say it.

No actually not.

t. straight in a roman sense

He never said he didn't like dick, just that he was messing around with the other user.

I like guys not dick tbh.

If that's the excuse you want to make when you really mean "Look I know I fucked up I won't do it again. But I have to pretend to disagree because if I don't go all out then I would be wrong on the internet for once and that just can't happen" then sure, you go ahead and make those excuses.

well that's not something very controversial, we eat goats after all
sacrificing a goat is the same as killing it for food

This is what atheists believe.

user I swear to god your boypussy isn't going to survive this

You are so autistic, it's really kinda cute, user.
Really cute.

It is.

I really want to learn to hunt, butcher and skin an animal on my own.

And I am sure they found a use for the goat afterwards.

You are still asking for it, you slut you.

nigger, it's just a goat
it's not like they sacrificed the firstborn of every family in egypt
people eat goats all the time
what difference would it make if you shouted "blood for the blood god" before butchering it?

np user

I masturbated so much today, I literally feel like an asexual monk of the clergy.

I am pure and have no sexual desires (currently).

I was expecting more cock in the uncensored image.

:^)

It was an unfinished game because Atari didn't have any more bucks to spare. Driver Parallel Lines is the finished version of Driv3r.

Next time don't be such a cocktease.

bite me

The next Holla Forums sings should be this song!

bum0

It wasn't just that, it was complete mismanagement of the IP overall.

The game was doomed to fail from the start. Atari had sat on the IP for a number of years and didn't produce a sequel during that time. If Driver 3 was in production and came out the same year as GTA3 for instance it would've done significantly better.

The problem was they waited way too long and were too overly ambitious with it. They wanted three cities all with unique buildings and geometry and unique cars with open world gameplay and huge cinematics with hollywood voice actors.

The problem was Rockstar had already released Vice City by this point and had done all of this just in one city. And they were already so used to the PS2 at this point San Andreas only took them a year and a bit to complete. They finished Manhunt during the year between Vice City and San Andreas And it not only had 3 cities in the same worldspace but it also had vastly superior controls, gameplay and was significantly less buggy. Meanwhile it took Reflections 3 or so years to make Driv3r and it was buggy as shit.

It was a hugely mismanaged project all around, and Atari was the most to blame for it. Had the scope of the project been reduced significantly and had it been released a few years earlier it would've been much better. Instead Atari chose to pay off journalists hoping that would let them break even, and it didn't.

I've gotten laid by girls who were being bitchy to me. Sometimes it's all part of the fun, man.

I think he wants the dick. You should give it to him. It'll do you good to lose your v-card.

The term "sacrifice" means that the goat is given to the gods - you may NOT find a use for it afterwards. It must either be burned or left to rot in the sun. Sacrificing is the ritual waste of resources to appease the weather.

Came to do another (110)?

test

Wait, you just reminded me that I still have the old SGDQ thread open.
I remember there was one guy in there that had an insane post count, let me go cap it

Yep, here we go.

So what you're saying is that I can cuck the greek and roman gods by eating their sacrifice, right?

I'm surprised the sodomite hasn't surpassed that number yet, frankly.

stahp pls

Being the OP naturally leads to high post numbers.

s-sorry…

Stop shitposting on a legitimate thread, faggots.

well this thread was page 11 this morning, if I didn't bump this every once in a while this thread would have been dead

Keep going, I want to watch you break a record.

Then I can call you an autistic sodomite.

Tell me about this

I don't know if you noticed, but it's mostly OP who's doing the shitposting.

Maybe it´s dead because a bunch of autists made it go off the rails .

This is a pretty impressive derail. Also, why the fuck is Holla Forums so gay? You guys need some loli in your lives.

No thanks, my man.
I prefer big chicks, if you know what I mean.

Isn't she like 53 feet tall?

They stole a whole questline from modders.

user, half the thread is one user coming on really hard to another user who's deeply confused about what's going on.

Videogames! 😆😆

test

>>>/test/

Yeah, I think they ripped-off every single asset for the game except the voices.

I would a 20ton mech. Just look at them legs.

I stopped a while ago with the shitposting, I'll promise I wont do anymore.

what was it?