password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/mh4u-mhx-rom-hacking-guide.425059/
imgur.com/a/oPuKD
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

God dammit I accidentally submitted meant to add pic related to the OP. If you have a 3ds with homebrew and the latest version of FBI you can download the US CIA directly from the Eshop servers and install it.

Sorry for the mistakes. I'm in a hall with an user and felt rushed to make the new thread quickly and fucked it up a bit by forgetting multiple things.

Just got to HR 2 in MHG
I play lance if anyone wants to play I'll set up a room, or someone can invite me

Just recent;y got to 3 star town quests
Nibelsnarfs
Nibelsnarfs
Shitty rhenoplos gear because I think it looks neat

MOTHER
FUCKING
GUNLANCES

all of them

daily reminder that Moofah set best set

3* online
Everything
Parts for every weapons because I have autism and cant stick to one.
Najarala so i can be a snek
IG primarily. Everything else when I feel like it
Royal Ludroth
Yian Garuga

Also if there is no g-rank, how high does sharpness go?

It comes.
The day my 3DS is fixed. It's been months.
The moment I get it back I'm cracking it and getting MHG. I hope it works.

5 village, haven't really touched online yet, saving it for my irl friendsat least if we go through it together I won't have to carry them through everything again
Everything
Just finished Gammoth grinding, so now i'm just going through the rest of the village quests
Rath and Gam, I always make lots of matching sets for different swords
LS, usually Rath or Gam until I get some more elements
Barroth and Pink Rathian ;_;
Bulldrome and Astalos

I might just wear this thing even if it means missing out on skills

i've always lowkey hated that guy but never wanted to admit cuz he's so low rank

I've seen weapons with fairly large white sharpness, but I haven't seen purple yet.

Village? Just made it to 3. I'm still only 1 in Online though. Wouldn't want to go beyond 2 though, since I'm more or less playing through that with a my friend.

Just obliterated a Khezu earlier, now I'm gonna go hunt tenderly a Nipplesnarf, the I'll crush a Daimyo Hermitaur.

Need some Iron Ore, Disc Stones, and even more goddamned Shiny Beetles.

BuJaBuJaBu and that shitty Gathering +10 Talisman, because I have no better talismans. Got my Attack Up (L) though.

Aerial Greatsword, currently using the Red Pincer.

Stygian Zinogre is my all-time favorite. Damned shame it isn't in MHG. I really like the Nipplesnarf, Agnaktor, and Barioth though.

Bulldrome, annoying lil' fucker. Low HP pool at least, but damn can he turn on a fucking dime.

The Moofa set is absolutely adorable.
isn't it the same outfit the Nekojo/"Meowstress" wears?

Just make the whole set with Kezu leggings. They're very nice because of the cold cancel. That's why I use em.

Whatever you need to justify glorious Moofah

HR 6 and finished Village. Starting Hyper Hunts.
Kirin, Snowbaron Lagombi, and Seltas
Snowbaron Lagombi
Gamuto S Set
Snowbaron set this upgrade path is silly
GS, SA, LBG. Probably expand to more weapons as I build the appropriate armor for them
Deviljho and Tigrex
Bulldrome, also, Snowbaron Lagombi

Just got to high rank on FU, and I think I'll drop it.
All weapons seem way less fun to use than 3U, longsword is really boring without the "finish the combo for buff" thing, and gunlance feels somehow even clunkier, the only remaining weapon that I do like is GS since it's mostly the same, but it gets boring using the same one for 200 hours.
Hitboxes vary from shit to worse, and most of the times I need to fight the invisible space more than the monster.Tigrex as a whole is just a shitty fight until you realize how far his hitbox actually stands.
Also, the last low-rank fight(the giant enemy crab or whatever) left an incredible sour taste in my mouth, it was even worse than jhen mohran.
Most monster parts also have an incredibly high amount of life, and lots of others can only be broken if you use an specific element, which makes the grind much, much worse.
I'm just incredibly dissapointed overall, this game had potential but fuck, I just can't go back to it after 3U, it just isn't fun.
Should I play P3rd now or just wait until I actually buy a 3DS?

Portable 3rd is one of my favorites, I heartily recommend it.

Turns out the person I'm in a hall with is a cuck channer and someone cross posted the hall on cuckchan.
He's actually pretty decent but,
CUCKCHANNERS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Go ahead and play Portable 3rd. It's pretty good. Then get a 3DS later and play 4U or just jump to Generations even. 4U is pretty good, but the entire thing with Expeditions and shit is a huge clusterfuck of RNG bullshit, even more than usual for Monster Hunter games

no G rank? really?

Its just low and then high rank?

What if I told you that Tri is low-rank only nowadays

are expeditions no longer a thing in ghx? whats endgame?

That's how every Monster Hunter is until a G version of the game gets released.

HR 1

Niblesnarf at the moment

Nothing.

Baju

DB

Brachy

Cephadrome

What in the world possessed Capcom to do a thing like that?

Expeditions don't exist in MHG, thank god. End Game? I think that's the Special Permit Lv. 10 Quests, that and there's always arena and monthly DLC. A new batch of DLC on the first Friday of each month, just like with MH4U.

I doubt we'd see a Monster Hunter Generations G, since it isn't a mainline game. Neither was Portable 3rd

High Rank Village is always an add-on for G versions of the game, just like G Rank itself.

Capcom already has claimed they're not doing G versions period anymore but they also claimed they're not doing Super Hyper Turbo Arcade Editions of Street Fighter anymore, so take that with a grain of salt

You unlock new quests at certain unlocked HR levels.

Alatreon is at 90 and is basically G-rank.

They gotta be full of shit on that. G Rank is what makes Monster Hunter so worth playing I don't know what I'll do if we never get another G-Rank…

Let's not get ahead of ourselves now, G-Rank is what makes MULTIPLAYER worth playing

Much as I like G Rank, the endgame of High Rank with High Rank armor can be just as difficult, sometimes moreso due to lack of Armor Skills. I do prefer more content over less though. And I wouldn't doubt they'll release something eventually, though in their case I think it's less lying and more that they'll reneg when they realize they're idiots

Maybe so, quite a few were pretty fun to try soloing as well though, albeit near impossible on some missions.

I could see that then. I'm just so hungry for my mandatory "at least 5 armor skills" quota from MH4U. Though I know a lot of these new armor skills are multiple skills in one.

FU was great in it's heyday, but it doesn't stand up to the newer iterations, especially tank controls. And yeah, the Shen Gaoran isn't much fun, but then again all setpiece monsters aren't really great. Portable 3rd was done really well, you can transition into MH4U/MHGen from it.

MHGen

Just hit Village 4, Still Guild 2 (we only get to play on the weekends, but we're thinking of doing online hunts once our one hunter bro gets his DS batteries, we don't want to leave him behind ;w;)

Shogun Ceanataur, Daimiyo Hermitaur

Monster Bone L, Hercudrome for my Jawblade/Golemblade

Bujabujabu, Gathering Charm, 4 Attack +1 decorations

Toad Bereaver and Petrified Sword +4 (GS)

Almost all of them, especially Tigrex, Rajang and Nargacuga

Bulldrome, Yian Garuga, Shogun Ceanataur (Well, we'll see with the new styles like Aerial)

I was concerned about no G-Rank myself but:

In MHG there are 643 quests, 110 are gathering quests, 63 are small monsters, 1/4 of total quests.

In MH4G there are 572 quests, 74 gathering quests, 34 small monsters, 1/5 of total quests.

Which means when you remove gathering and small monster quests, there are still 470 large monster quests in MHG, more quests than MH4U's 464 even when there isn't a G Rank.

Pile on the weapons, armour, cats, styles, arts, there are more content in sheer numbers in this game than MH4U.

~
That being said, in a best case scenario, if Capcom decides to G-Rank the game (please Capcom, don't waste this opportunity), It'll be the biggest MH Game outside of Online/Frontier, ever.

tank controls and hitboxes*

To be fair, most games that have G-rank, it effectively felt like high-rank didn't have any reason to exist. Once you got your feet wet in low-rank, it was over, you breeze through high-rank, hit G-rank, and that's where you spend most of your time with the game.

high-rank often just felt like an extension of low-rank since there tended to not be many monsters introduced in high-rank like in g-rank (no high-rank silver rathy, etc).

Is the aerial style any good on HBG/LBG? It looks insanely fun; constantly vaulting over monsters while shooting them in the back, but I don't know if that's really viable. Both weapons get their high damage output from being mobile turrets. It seems this would be a way to really lower your damage output.

Also, anyone else fuckin love playing this game in bed? There's something therapeutic about wailing on virtual monsters and getting mad loot.

I never got that feeling, but then, that's because none of the games had G Rank to begin with, it was added on in a later rerelease.

Except for the whole the styles and arts have no thought into them. The variants are poorly thought out and mostly just play like the same thing except with a single gimmick.

Just the addition of these horribly tacked on mechanics makes the game feel a whole lot worse once you get into it

I've been using Seregios LBG with aerial + pellet. Pretty fun. You'll always have a bullet when you're vaulting over the monster. It's pretty fun and I feel like I'm out damaging my other weapons.

In case you didn't know, you can push X+A to do a double jump, off a downward shot when you're in the air, lock to the monster and push A again to fire an extra shot. You'll effectively hit the monster twice. It's a bit hard with non-pellet ammo though. Alternatively, push X after the double jump to melee hit the monster and fully reload on dropping.

Wow, still though, the level of challenge G Rank gives, and the skill needed to over come, is unparalleled to High Rank. But yeah, I guess I'd still rather have more content over anything else I'll still be sad about no G-Rank tho

Nah, my arms always fall asleep. I have a comfy as fuck small chair I play in though. It's almost more like half of a love seat really.

I'm right there with you on how therapeutic it can be though.

I can't figure out what position she is in that makes it so comfortable. Maybe it's a size thing (she's really skinny and a woman, I'm…less like that, and a man).

Too bad I can't charge my shield else I can't do aerial AEDs to the monster's face. At least this means I never have to worry about my shield buff running out.

Fair enough, but I like at least that they expanded the play a bit. With the GS, I feel Guild is still the best (especially with Perfect Evade and Lion's Maw), with Striker being an exception just for fast Brimstone. Aerial is boring because all you do is jump and charge, Adept can be fun but I don't really see the point if you're already good with superman dives and/or use perfect evasion, perhaps more fun against monsters like Nargacuga.

My friends who tend to use other weapons are enjoying the styles though, especially bowgun and bow users. For them, I'm sure the game feels oodles better.

As for the variants… I can't comment until I play (not been spoiling myself on them).

At least Prowler/Nyanta mode is fun, I mean, easymode gathering and great support for playing multiplayer.

Agreed. G-Rank always what makes the game really fun in the end-game. In 4U, a friend Solo'd Monster Hunter in front of us while we were on a break, and we did quests like Bombs over Gogmazios and the permanently enranged Ukanlos ("You Can Lose" as we call it) and stuff together. Also the level 140 Apex Rajangs were umm… Fun. G-Rank is fun both for both MP and solo, makes you feel like the real monsters in the game.

MHGen kind of has a pseudo G-rank with Furious and Deviant monsters.

High-rank will be incredibly easy and disappointing until you get to Furious monsters and level 7-10 Deviants however.

oh, you're not far enough in yet.
Reserve judgement on the Prowlers until the variants, you basically get forced into a single build to make them not shit.

you mean psuedo-Grank HP and still HR damage. so it just turns into a slog as opposed to anything resembling difficulty

Broken as hell but also fun as fuck. I'll try aerial db later and see how that works.

Village 4
Guild 2
Everything
Nothing at the moment
Ceanataur set for critical eye and razor sharp
Petrified daggers level 5. I need to replace this with something else but I'm not sure what would be better.
Malfiesto, Zinogre, and the Raths.
Bulldrome and Cephadrome

Trying to find a palico that is good enough to be a prowler is fucking awful. I have been trying for 4 hours so far and all I wan is big boomerang, pierce boomerang, boomerang pro, last stand, and earplugs. At least I need one with two of the skills.

Feeling pretty good right now

Friendly reminder to let your palicos catnap before every meowster hunt

Oh man, I remember having to solo G Rank on the 3DS version of 3U

Okay, so, are there some obscure requirements for Felyne Moxie to activate, or…?

I've died fainted 3 times now while Felyne Moxie was supposedly active, and it's starting to piss me off.

It only stops you from dying once per hunt, and even then, it leaves you at 1hp, if your on fire, then it will still kill you a second later.

Would you guys say that last resort is worth it? I hear mixed things about whether having a different set of skills is worth it over using last resort and that acorns are useful in some fights.

I've only fainted once per hunt, and only from physical attacks. No fire, no poison, etc.

Is playing gunner worth it?

When it saves you from death it leaves you at 1 HP, so chances are if you're on fire or you get nudged immediately after you'll faint anyways. Not worth pursuing, description makes it sound better than it really is.

If you're fighting things that can one shot you at half life or so, it can be worth it… Just it's generally hit or miss. Useful against Akantor/Ukanlos for example, but if you're on the lava/get hit by an icicle, you'll die anyway. Plus it's only one time, better IMO, in 4 player online because if you have a way to communicate with buddies (Mic, or IRL), they can lifepowder you/whoever moxie'd.

Will we ever see a console MH game ever again?

Depends on what the NX is and how well it sells.

Definitely not exclusive, considering handhelds blow consoles out of the water for sales. Maybe HD ports like Portable 3rd's on the PS3 or 3G's on the Wii U, but they don't seem to have sold well enough to convince Capcom to bother.

For the Barroth loving user from the last thread:

Excellent taste, my niggest of nogs.

Arrr ya ready, hunters?
Aye Aye, Caravaneer

Whoooo lives in a puddle covered with mud?
brute fag barr-oth

It's kinda boring, but man this makes prowler so hard to kill if you just focus on boomerang.
Makes it so damn easy to farm nargacuga items since infinite sharpness.

I hope prowler doesnt drop off later on, because this guy is still being useful even at HR4 village stuff.

Handhelds are an abomination. Whoever puts anything other than rpgs/puzzles/ect on handhelds deserve to be smacked
-Controls like shit
-Tiny ass screen
-Bad framerate & horrid graphics due to shit hardware
-Shit battery life
-Less potential content due to smaller storage cartridges
New console MH / not-shit PC MH when

NEVER EVER

HR 82 on one file and HR 3 on another
Pretty much anything to test out my IG
Gonna grind Chameleos to upgrade my IG
Ceanataur Helm S
Ceanataur Mail R
Bnahabra Gloves S
Viking Faulds S
Jaggi Footwear S
+4 ThunderAtk, +7 Expert OOO
5x Leaping Jewel 1
5x Rodeo Jewel 1
1x Expert Jewel 1
My skills are
Razor Sharp
Mounting Master
Airborne
Critical Eye +3
The Caster Rod with the +30 affinity bug Aerial style
Rajang, Astalos, Lagiacrus, Brachydios, probably some others
Blangonga, Shogun Ceanataur, Cephadrome, Plesioth

All of that shit you said applies to consoles as well.

REMINDER: If you dont use adept+haste rain for Bow you are objectively doing it wrong and are not credit to team

Anyone up for some 1* quests

Hub ID 42-4773-0138-2966
Pass: 8989

It kind of does unfortunately, I mean you still kind of can wing it, but you'll need to start aiming for only headshots and monsters start needing to play much nicer to get good clear times.

anyone got any tips for learning how to bug stick?

and how do I level up muh bug?

Why do crossboarders constantly oust themselves as such? I mean there's being a faggot who can't stay loyal and a faggot that can't stay loyal and trying to get 2 faggots who hate each other on principle to play nice for him.

Despite being more quests why do people seem genuinely disappointed with this new mh?

Everything new that was added just has almost no thought put into it, it feels like they thought "oh this will be cool, throw it in" without any thought put into making sure it wasn't useless.

To me it seems really easy, I've fainted maybe 5 times throughout the entire game all to Nibelsnarf and I'm on Village 5 star and Guild 3 star.

I think they're just experimenting with shit for future titles

>fetch 20 fucking ferns
>fetch 5 unique ferns BUT AS A CAT :DDD
>fetch 3 whatever-berries by attacking that dinosaur when it's eating. Protip: it doesn't eat.ever.

Why am I doing this to myself? Should I be worried? I guess I might actually enjoy over-the-top BDSM torture shit.

Pretending that Werner Herzog is narrating my struggle does help, though.

that and the goofy-ass HAIIYAAAAA WUSHUUU voice I chose for my qt

Sometimes I wonder why I'm still friends with this guy after 7 years.

He has also said any weapon that can block is "casual shit that doesn't count as a real weapon", any armour skill that doesn't directly increase damage output is "pointless shit", and Generations is "boring because there are no new weapons and no g-rank".

i hope this guy gave you a fucking kidney
otherwise you have no reason to complain for associating yourself with that assburger

He's right though, at least the midgets from Tri/3G actually used healing moves relatively often, which is the only reason you bring along minions besides to act as distractions while you heal/sharpen/etc.

This is just stupid though.

They do end up killing the monsters sometimes. He could even just give them lots of defense and support moves to make them monster bait. Is he an actual shitter who just tries to sound like some sort of pro to look good?

Why haste rain? Don't the auto charges from bushido evades make the quick charging less useful?

You shouldn't be fishing for evades. You're not doing damage that way.

Regarding the cats it's hardly difficult to understand why he'd think that or why he wouldn't have the patience to even bother looking at the cats.

The second bit however is stupid.

What weapon does he use?

Just fucking drop him. Trust me. Life is so much better when you're alone.

As a guy that mains Funlance and SnS your friend is full of shit and gay.

He is right though, I use funlance too but it's a really casual weapon

On what basis?
The only noob weapons are CB and IG because of their jimmicks, not sure about gen but they seem pretty powerful still.

They support the casual playstyle of hiding behind the shield and poking sparringly.
Not saying that everyone plays like that or that is is the most efficient way to play, just that they support that playstyle and thus are easy weapons for casuals to pick up.

I wanna see you try that with rajang.
There's no supporting a playstyle if it doesn't always work.
Even shit like gravios gives you a hard time if you spam the shield.

MHGen
Room ID: 32-0147-6112-6254
Pass: 1776

Random hunting, we can do keys or grind for something specific. I just want to hunt monsters, and upgrade/make weapons.

HR2s n shiet
50-5690-1984-5136

What would you guys say are the best Dual Blades to use? The Hellblade DB is probably pretty good but I don't know if I can grind him yet without it taking forever but the Seregios DB could be good to use too but I'm tired of using his weapons.

At least I'm having fun, right?

Memorize its moveset because you're going to see a lot of more powerful versions of his attacks when fighting wyverns.

Plus, you should always aim for the had.

The number one feature I wish they'd bring back in a new MonHun is the Free Hunting from Tri/3U.
That was so much fun. I'd just like to see it scale all the way up to G-Rank, and include more of the zones.

That random-map stuff from MH4U just wasn't the same.

Everwood and guild quests were shit. Wish you could freehunt in any map.

I wish they brought back the comfy multiplayer hub tri had too

It wasn't hard. I just meant that eventually this game is going to fuck my ass raw.

Gen? It never gets to that level

c-can I do it too?

Oh.

Honestly, G-Rank is tiresome. If they'd leave monster defense and HP the same and just make their hits do double or triple damage, it would be a lot more fun.
I just can not remain interested in a fight when it drags on for more than 20 minutes. Keep them short, just make them punishingly hard so even the slightest mistake is a cart. I can handle that no problem and I'd honestly love to play it.

But fuck G-Rank as it currently is in the mainline titles. I always burn out before the end because my hunts-per-hour ratio takes a nosedive.

G-Rank is meant to be played with other people, this is why soloing takes so long

G-Rank hunts were designed with multiple people in mind. Try and find a mod for G rank if it's that much of an issue.

I realize this, but they should balance it for solo players - strictly when playing solo, that is. Leave the extra HP in for multiplayer and give multiplayer a drop boost or something to throw them a cookie so they don't feel left out.

I don't really like other people intruding on my video games, and I know I'm not the only one.

Also, if I'm being honest, when I play G-Rank online, the monsters go down in less than 5 minutes, so they should probably multiple monster HP by a factor of 10 if that's really why they have so much god damned HP in the first place.

He's talking about actual shields. Not pieces of cardboard.

I was talking about shielded weapons fam, sorry if that wasn't clear.
GS is about the least casual weapon and it can block too.

I thought that at first, but it has the simplest moveset, easy to exploit openings, on top of doing good damage even if the person is doing shit like comboing or just unsheathe spamming

Yeah but it has the highest skill ceiling of all weapons fam.
Also, pretty much all weapons have simple movesets.

What is the best way to get into this games?

I have a hard time playing any "action" thing on handhelds

Emulate Tri (with high rank patch), Freedome Unite or Portable 3rd HD.

Emulate Portable 3rd HD.
Set the FPS to 35 instead of 30.
Have fun!

fucking nigger
i should have just solo hunted it

unless it's lizard fuck off

tomorrow im just gonna fill up my lobby with people i can trust aren't shit
pretty much everyone in the discord can actually hold their own and its great

You rike it?

HR2, Village Finished
Mizutsune
Mizutsune
Margaret BM / Mizutsune GN
DB/Bow/HBG
Mizutsune
Deviant Rathian

Fucking hell Aerial DB is some of the funnest crap, and makes easy work if basically everything.

Bushido bow is so so, just insurance.

New coatings are cool, love the haste rain. HBG is awkward as hell in anything but Guild, internal ammo is nice.

impressive

this shit has everything i love and i love it

the only thing SnS really lacks is good spiking damage, that means its harder to properly take advantage of short windows of vulnerability monsters may expose. Thats why the main tactic I use when playing SnS is to trip/trap monsters asap and go wild on their weakspots, whereas when playing GS I'd just fullcharge on monsters' face whenever possible, would it be in range for a split second.

Anyone want to help me do some G rank quests on 4U?

Man, these threads are way deader than they used to be. Where the hell did everyone go after 4U?

maybe they're playing some fucking video games

Nah dog, when 4U was released these threads were MUCH faster.

the fuck do bubbles do to you
the first lot seem to do nothing at all and dunno if they just went away with time
the second lot just made me dive an pissed off when I got hit

Do I look like I now was a CIA file is?

Seriously though, how the fuck to I install this

Know*

KILL ME

Generations just doesn't feel as good imo. I don't see much reason for it to bring people back.

MH4U was definitely a bigger release in general. It brought a lot of new people onto it and the hype for 4 to come to the west was 2 years in the making. Cross came out less than a year after 4U and Generations a little over a year.

Plus the idea of a game where a wealth re-used content from different games in the series with new tweaks is used as opposed to a completely new installment puts some people off.

When 4U came out there where gathering hall IDs being posted every minute. I miss that.

Where should I start with the series?
I played a demo for one of them on 3DS and loved the Charge Blade.
I forget which game it was.
The demo had Great Jaggi, Tetsucabra and this big ol black dragon looking one.

Start with 4U. You played the demo for it. It's a perfect starting point.

Those were fun threads. Even with Seregios shitposter.

Doing G rank quests in 4U starting with Shah dalamadur
ID:11-1928-2652-4433
Pass:5555

Go to and read the thread.

Generations coming out within 6 month of X isn't a bad thing, though.

how do I git gud at bug stick?
how do I not constantly miss due to the wonky analog stick?

This shit was way easier on PC with P3rd.

i only started visiting monhun threads and playing monhun a few months ago

you get a new 3ds of course, silly goy!

I have the N3DS. That fucking nub doesn't work for shit, faggot.

The nub is fantastic. You're probably just using it wrong.
For starters, increase the sensitivity in the monhun options menu.
Secondly, it's not a stick, it's a pressure pad. Push down on the right side to turn the camera right, don't try to push the whole nub to the right.

The nub is a piece of shit. It's better than nothing but certainly not fantastic or even good.

Just tap L to focus on the monster and shoot the bug forward, you don't really need to aim it.

Move yourself so that the direct line between you and the monster will hit the part you want to get the juice from. Hold R for the reticle to pop out so you have an idea where it will go.

Controlling the bug mid flight requires practice, can't help you there.

Does any weapon in aerial stance not suck?

Black dragon's probably the Gore Magala, he's up there with my favorite monsters because I love how they designed his wings.

I don't know why people have problems with it. It works perfectly. PERFECTLY. It's responsive and you can even move the camera diagonally if you're not a dribbling retard - something I notice people whining about frequently.

aerial lbg + pellet is fun

heard aerial bugstick is pretty good haven't tried it though

Damn that nerd scene really outdid themselves. Bravo.

Nintendo's eShop servers are permanently pozzed, they literally cannot prevent direct piracy from their own servers without a total replacement of the system. You can even get freeShop and an enctitlekeys thingy going and have the entirety of their shop servers laid bare for you to pick and choose from at your leisure.

It's bloody fantastic.

Switch Axe aerial style doe s a better job than Bug staff. Especially paired with evade extender

CIAngel is better than freeshop because you don't even need titlekeys and it downloads at eshop speeds.

tfw I bought my N3DSXL b-stock and it came updated to 11.whatever already.

Fuck hardmodding, man. This shit sucks considering I mainly picked up the 3DS for MHG

I've heard loads of people have bizarre problems with CIAngel (up to and including cias downloaded from it corrupting at random and not working), and freeShop's speeds don't seem to be an issue for me.

Should've gone new and in the box, homeslice. I can't pass judgement because I updated past 9.2 not even knowing piracy was a thing when I got my 2DS and was left cold and afraid until January of this year

there's a softmod method for 11.0 out. Haven't tried it yet though.

The method is repeatable, but it requires another same-type 3ds with a9lh and a legitimate copy of a game.

I dont blame him for skipping the palico stuff. Especially the god awful missions.

It's all just tedious shit you have to suffer through to unlock actually useful things.

One could almost come to the conclusion that shit players are shit, huh?

why am I so burnt out

is it just me or are there a retarded amount of duplicate gathering quests? I've gathered fucking abyssal shrooms like 3 damn times.

You have the right to complain when you have to ferry an egg/rock across an entire map 3 times while two monsters are hungry for your ass.

Well… gen did the opposite.
Things get near G-rank HP without G-rank damage

WHY DOES CAPCOM HAVE TO PUT COOL SHIT IN SHITTY SPIN OFFS
GIVE ME MY SKINLESS DEVIJHO

Attack on Shittan confirmed ripping off Monster Hunter

It's actually a crossover user

I know I guessed it was, still Devilbro loses skin and smokes in the base game too

is it a mh gen thing?

You can get a romhack that does that.
gbatemp.net/threads/mh4u-mhx-rom-hacking-guide.425059/

What? I thought he always used to do that
maybe I've just spun my devilho battles into something more than it was

I'm waiting till 11.0 can be downgraded software only

What the fuck is MH explore?

No man should have this much power in low rank.

end yourself my good fam

let me guess, you complain when people don't cut tails/break parts for you

You first fam.

Why would I complain about stuff like that when I can just switch to GS if I really want tail drops?

Think I can have an explanation on how to calibrate it? My 3ds is in nip

So can we start posting monsters we want to transition from frontier?

One of these days I would like a monster hunter without a Khezu

Its in every one, and its the most unfun monster in every version

With its half a second shock aura etc the only way to ever safely engage the thing is with bow/ranged

Its the Vanilla WoW "Every boss has nothing but AOE attacks" shit nobody likes

I still can't believe there isn't a big cat fanged beast in the series yet.

Okay lets start with this one

Is v5 the last one?
Is fully translated?

good picks

Gigginox > Khezu

3u doesnt have khezu. It has the gigginox which i think its more fun than fuckin stupid ass khezu.

I wanted gigginox in MHX/G so much. We don't get barroth either.

I agree its shit

Having a blast with MHG. Aerial switchaxe and adept SNS are fucking fun. It's a shame that the greatsword doesn't seem as fun or viable any more with all of the other options available. Still gonna use it though.

Wait wtf?
I thought i saw a gigginox in one of the MHX trailers

Ur talking shit bout the Kezhu m8?
3U didnt have one

Is MH games worth getting a New 3DS over?

Yes. Very much so. The FPS difference makes it 300% more enjoyable. Hell, it even breathes new life onto 3U by giving it stable 60.

The scorpion and the big baleen whale wyvern.

this is all.

Aerial Great Sword is surprisingly fun since your R+X attack a Zelda jump slash.
I'm not very far into the game though so I haven't experimented much, but I do like how there's drawbacks to each style, like Aerial GS makes it so you can't charge.

To be honest.
Not having a cat makes patterns much more predictable and some monsters actually easy that way.

So, I'm an hour in already

Is all this game about endless grindan using the same 3 attacks forever?

Yes.

Oh man here we go.

So what's this game about? What the hell is it even?

MMO? Single-player game with host your own server for co-op or what? You hunt monsters but is it tab-target bullshit or something similar to Dragons Dogma or Tera?

TELL ME SOMETHING! ANYTHING!

Yes to all of your questions

It's an action game. There's no targeting and all positioning/dodges have to be done on your own based on skill. The goal of the game is to hunt monsters. Each monster has its own habitat, behavioral patterns, attacks, etc. There's a slew of different ranged and melee weapons to choose from, each with a unique style. By killing or capturing monsters, breaking parts of their bodies off, and harvesting materials from the environment, you can craft stronger weapons and armor to use. In addition, you can recruit the help of Felyne Palicos, who are basically snarky cat fellas who act as helpers and assistants during missions. They level up and can learn skills and stuff. There's co op play via online hubs hosted by players.

If you liked Dragon's Dogma, you might like this, but Monhun is way more tactical and skill-based.

Cool, i guess i'l give it a go as the last game i played and still play is Dogma.

If Monster Hunter wants to be taken serious as a SoulsLike™ it needs a lock-on :^)

don't expect the same level of cuh-ray-zee. There's some pretty cool weapons (the switchaxe is a big 2handed axe that morphs into a greatsword, and the insect glaive gives you a parasitic bug the size of a basketball for a buddy) but overall it'll feel "clunky" compared to DD at first.

Every single fucking time.

EVERY

FUCKING

TIME

Spotted the faggot.

HR2
Nargacuga and Najarala
Annoying Shogun crab for ammo saver armor
Full Malfestio
Quill shooter or Hunters rifle
Adept with full house 2 electric boogaloo
Deviljho
Shogun Ceanatur
Damn giant crabs and that damn sideswipe.
At least it's not Plum D Hermi-twat.

I think you're singing it's praises far too hard.
It works "perfectly" one moment, and then the next moment you can't move properly the next. Downward movement in particular fucks up.

I think it might have to do with your finger getting slippery as you play. I seems like the fucking slightest amount of moisture fucks it up. And in this summer weather it really fucks a lot of people over unless you have a very well air conditioned room.
The nub isn't exactly designed to give you a grip. On something like a ThinkPad's Keyboard the nub has bumps to give you a good grip all the time. The one on the 3DS is smooth as fuck.

I don't know why they just didn't use a mini thumbstick like on the Vita or a better designed nub.

I'm not even a big fan of Monster Hunter, I just came here to tell you how big of a faggot you are.
Polite sage.

Hey remember Azincourt you frog?

What's wrong with bows?

Except he didn't
Except he isn't. Well obviously he's done tricks in the video but the techniques he's using are the point.

He sites old archery books and art for a reason. That's actually how they used to do things and it's well documented. It's just that to anyone's knowledge no one's ever really taken the time to learn that way in recent times before he has.
Research the things he sites.

The are other reasons to critique him, but those aren't it user. Look up the video where he addresses critique or something, or look up the things he cites

You are using the nub wrong

Reposting my reddit post here (In before reddit cancer ew etc)

I'm just going to mention this once before the eventual flood of "GOD THE C-STICK IS TERRIBLE I CAN'T USE IT PROPERLY!"

You are not meant to use the right C-Stick like you do the left joystick, the right C-Stick is a pressure activated resistance pad, not directional

What you are supposed to do is use the left side of your thumbnail to push down on the C-Stick nub in order to move the camera, you are not meant to put your whole thumb on the C-Stick and try to move it up/down/left/right like you would with say a IBM Thinkpad Pointing stick

This is why the C-Stick is smooth and not textured

HAPPY HUNTING!

My favorite part of showing ppl how to use the C-Stick is the post is voted down because ppl are fucking retarded

This is the same shit IBM went through when they changed their pressure stick from radial to underneath like the nintendo one is, ppl bitched and moaned they were hurting their fingers so the next version they put it back to a tilt version

In before ppl go "Faggot you don't know what you're talking about"

Sensor is smaller than the C-Stick it

Holy shit get out

no. it's all stupid bullshit that would never work in real situations. you're a gullible faggot. his draw is like 10 pounds. That wouldnt even pierce leather.

His draw is not even 10lbs given mythbusters proved it takes less than a 10lbs draw for a fucking real life ninja to catch one

Fuck off already, the thing is inferior to a regular analog stick in every way. It doesn't matter if you know how to use it or not, it's shitty regardless. Take your faggotry back to reddit already.

Showing ppl how to properly use their shitty C-stick is shilling?

The nub is shit and you need to go back.

GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They are for the peasant, the thief and the coward.
Thou shoalt be ashamed of yourself, a true nobleman uses only GS, LS or Hammer.

I hate summer.

Khezu is a fucking trash monster. Gigginox was better.

Khezu in bushido style is just on of the most fun thing I ever fought. I really had a blast on that poor beast.

I mean, bushido basicaly allow you to brush off pretty much everything

Roll into the motherfucker, completely negate is attack, dish out your combo
Roll into the motherfucker

I'm currently playing LS bushido, and i'm doing straight perfect fight against narga and some others monsters. Those new style just allow you some much more room to fight the way you want, it's insane.

Even though aerial I can't really have fun with aerial styles, and that's a damn shame. Jump>Attack>repeat is not something I can get into

Get the fuck out

The porn for these games are sooo fucking good.

You just fucking described khezu, jackass.

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD
If you think a weapon is too repetitive then just change it.
We need more bow users for example.

Hell yeah it is it's also the one point in which a comparison to Pokemon is accurate

Pokemon doujin is pretty shit

Also, he doesnt spam status effects, since paralysis is only in one of his attacks and its not aoe, but a projectile.
Checkmate giggifags
Khezu 1
Giggi 0

No, porn isn't that good, it's pretty much vanilla and dims in comparison to any vanilla doujins that are considered good.

He spams his lightning aura and scream at least 10 times a minute

His scream may be childs play on low rank, on high rank it paralyzes you

The fuck you talking about?

Good thing doujin aren't the only kind of porn

You say that like there's anything wrong with vanilla

At least play the game before posting.

No, I'm saying that its better to fap to non mh vanilla doujins.

Why didn't it give me a duplicate picture warning?

Hnnnng

Fuck off retard.

But I want fuck cute girls in Logombi armor, so that's what I looked for.

Khezu just feels like fighting a raptor wyvern.
Gigginox has a boss like appearance and is fun to fight for once.
In monster hunter portable third his poison was unique because it would never go away.
No antidote? Get ready to cart or hope you can make it to camp before you ran out of curatives.

You are fooling literally fucking nobody

The monster is pure cancer

What? Did they buff it in MHGen?

Why not fap to both? I like sexy armor

You. I like you.

Khezu is like being in WoW in Vanilla/Burning Crusade and you're doing raids as a melee class

You literally get to do near fucking nothing because every boss just spams AOE all day and its not worth to bring in melee players when they just keep dying

Khezu isn't a hard monster, he's just a fucking annoying one because his charge up is done in less than a second when most weapons have a 1-2 second cooldown AND most weapons only allow you to dodge once which is nowhere near far enough to get away so you always get smacked by the fucking shit, and his roar is cancer because he does it literally on a fucking whim with no way to avoid it

He's literally the earplugs monster, and fighting him without them is a pain in the fucking ass

Developers keep him in for no fucking reason and I'm just tired of it, nobody likes him yet BOOM, in almost every fucking game

My theory is its some long time devs monster creation and the fucking retard refuses to admit his monster fight design is shit and just gets it shoved in despite what ppl want

He's the fucking Barroth of Tri, and nobody liked Barroth in Tri, BUT AT LEAST THEY FUCKING FIXED HIM FOR P3rd/3U!

They'll never fix Khezu and any time I see him on the roaster all I think of doing is building a bow set JUST for that asshole

Its like how MHtri/P3rd/3U had Deviljho's backstep be a short distance, but it was enough to always be in the fight and made him fun and he rarely did it, he just loved to stompy stomp

Cue 4U where his backstep is literally 3x his fucking length and its all he fucking does and fighting him is now an unfun chore

Try SnS, CB and to a lesser degree, block + GL or Lance.
Roars can be blocked and buys you some time, the electric field too.
If you have block + you can block the incoming ground-electricity he spits out.

Giggi is a shitty annoying monster which became a base for ruining the cham fight with those shitty poison clouds.

Ok, rath family are now aoe status spamming monsters now.
I don't even need to comment on that to show how retarded this phrase is.

Sure you could say that spam like nature comes from khezu, but he wasn't this much cancer combined.

1. git gud

Because its lacking in quality? Otherwise its also boring, because most of doujins feature shit like kirin and narga armor instead of exploring good stuff.

I'm telling you to fuck off because you're a crossposting shitposter.

Thank you. I actually came here today to ask/talk about cute armor sets.

I had absolutely no problem fighting him in 4U.

Find more doujins.

Chore = Not fun you spastic fuck

Git gud?
And be thankful that you didn't get to fight him in MHP3rd when his poison was still endless.

I tend to find a lot of good MonHun porn, maybe it's just luck.

What do you mean by "good stuff"? Other armors? There's plenty of other hot armors, I agree, but Kirin and Narga are sexy as hell.

All I know is Gigi in 3U unless you have a blue sharpness weapon you want to beat the living shit out of the devs because his wings are massive and a bounce fest

I pretty much check daily for quality vanilla doujins and outside of lil forge one, there isn't really much mh quality stuff out there.

I am glad for that, but that doesn't make him any better than khezu. And as said
and my point is, giggi is a times bigger chore than khezu.

But they've been done to hell, at this point its pretty much kirin/narga doujinshi and not mh one.
There is a series of mh doujins done by the same people, around 10+ parts I believe. Outside of that, there is barely anything out there that comes into my view.

Where do I turn in material requests in generations?

Talk with neko means cat.

It's not a chore though. Like I said, no problems.
Why are you so mad user? I know this might be hard to ask of a Ledditor, but please try not to be a man child.

You still aren't looking hard enough. I know it's not common but I see them every now and then.

MonHun no EroHon by Udon-ya, yeah, those are smoking hot. Like I said though, not limiting to doujin, I just find good MonHun porn in general.

Either the material farming cat or his menu through your housekeeper

Whatever you guys say, they are both easy bosses.
I have a preference for the Giggi just because of the way he looks.
There are way bigger chores in the game imo, like gold rathian/silver rathalos and their inflated HP bar.

thanks

nigger you're doing it wrong. Giggy's weakpoint changes according to its rage. Hit it in the face when its calm, in the ass when its mad. Hit it in the belly when both the previous parts are broken and usually its dead before or right after you finish.

Also LS spirit attacks dont bounce and you can trip the giggy that way

I promised myself I wouldn't use the switch axe the entire game and actually use something else.

I started with hammer, it fucking sucks. Immediately went back to switch axe and bushido is based.

I told myself the same. I've used the SwAxe ever since it came out in tri on the wii because I never had to worry about my sharpness bouncing (except for the bullshit that were Apex monsters in 4U).
I guess I can only play the SwAxe and the Greatsword because everything else doesn't feel as good to use either because it's fast but weak or too slow.
That said I barely play the GS anymore and I'm using using MHG as an excuse to start playing it again.
Guild style on both because I'm too stubborn to bother learning the other styles.

Where can I get disc stones? What about Burst Arowana?

HR 3
02-0874-2915-6642,
pass is 8888
i need people to peotect me so i can be a bowfag from a distance

Disc stones

Burst Arowana

play bushido/adept and you passively get evasion+2 plus a super strong counter attack for successfully evading.

Bushido GS is tops, totally worth learning.

Lagombi is cute!

CUTE!!!

if by tops you mean literally the worst.
"hey lets lock your best attack behind your dodge, what do you mean you can't use traps and topples now"

Not to mention

Just awful.

Stop being shit. I've never killed monsters faster with GS.

Then you're just bad at GS.

Good retort for giving away your best moves for a shitty dodge

I've told myself that I'm gonna rock with aerial\bushido funlance and maybe an axe gs with blunt power
and I'm actually not straying off from the goal.

I believe that Goldian is justified just because it yields the best farming equipments and the superb poison/fire weapons.

Really? Bows are actually wanted? I saw everyone and their mom talking about how MHGen bow looked so amazing from the early trailers/teases. I haven't been online yet, but I really thought every room would have a bow or 2 with the way people were talking.
I mained bow through MH4U, and told myself I'd play with other weapons instead this time around, but I'm certainly feeling the bow itch. Especially after all the boomerang tossing I've done with prowler on these jillions of gather/BS quests. Maybe I need to go back to the Sportsman's Gunner. IG and DB are starting to feel kinda meh. Bushi-bow did feel pretty decent though.

I'm too damn contrarian. I hate playing a weapon/class that I feel is too popular in any game. How have people's online experiences been? Seeing a lot of the same weapons?

Eggscellent taste, you nigerian prince.

Nigguh set the fps to 35.
Also, post source.
And yes, v5 is the last one and the only things untranslated are some meaningless dialogues.

Only now I realize that there's like 5 gathering quests for every hunting quests in the village. Why is there so many of them?

No idea. I really hope it lets up after 3* village. I'm so damn tired of gather quests. I'm convinced I could beat the entire village with just prowler, if these fishing quests were less annoying (first time I've actually HAD to use bait. Screw you, Brocadefish.) and I guess the capture quests wouldn't work out so well, either.

MHX has an absurd amount of gathering quests, even now I'm putting off doing YET ANOTHER

quest in like 6* Guild.

Why don't he just play skyrim instead?

Any arena bros wanna get slapped around by owls, rubber chickens, and sneks?

I'm currently farming Online monsters because village wants me to do like 20 gather quests before unlocking that god damn Royal Ludroth so that I can get that semen demon tier edel armor for early game.

Is the tank good?
I am at the point where i don't need my cats to heal so i could care less about purrtuoso.
I'm full trap/bombs now, i just wanted to know if there is some way to make the tank better (outside of the obvious tank+)

tank++

No but it's cool.

H-How?!

we got one more spot open
come join!

Is it just me, or did 4U do a lot of the overall pacing and presentation better?
I remember when I stepped out into the first area of Ancestral Steppe, I was taken aback by how quite frankly beautiful it was, and how much of a playground the level geometry was.

Same with the story, despite how paper thin it is in every Monster Hunter game it was still really fun. And the Gore Magala being an overarching threat was a nice touch. Given how most final bosses are a unique monster, it was cool seeing the flagship monster be the final boss.

I dunno. I won't deny Generations plays mechanically better than 4U, but something about it so far feels weaker to me. Like, it's good, but 4U felt like a real passion project from the team, where as this feels like skilled talent just making something good.

All Monster Hunter games I've paid felt like that tbh.
Never played gen though

gen is a different team

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY

I really hate how there's no proper introduction cut scene. All we get here is a monster walking around and its name flashing on the corner of the screen.

I guess the devs realized the closest their fans would get to pussy, is playing as one. Hi, Prowler.

do you even gather at all dude?
in order to be the best
MONSTER HUNTER
you must first become a master botanist
a seasoned miner
a veteran bug catcher
only through the enlightenment of nature shall you learn to, as they say
"git gud"

I've done about 8 of them, and i've unlocked the very last solo quest, and I'm rc 3 at the guild. Don't know how you people are doing this, but I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong.

Maybe it is just me, but something about Gen just feels lackluster or going through the motions by comparison.
The Gore Magala thing touched upon earlier, I just remembered after I posted that, that it was affecting other monsters too with Frenzy. Even when you weren't fighting it you felt its presence.

And then there was the ace palico. In that game he was this great little character that wasn't really that special, but added to the overall charm. In here you just kind of get a free palico and the game is just like "here, whatever just take the cat"

You also slowly gathered a crew with the Caravan Cares (with a capital C), and again while none of them were particularly spectacularly well written, you had distinct personalities for each of them that stuck, and you also didn't start with everyone. You had to find a few of them and convince em to join you. Even the nicknames and things people attributed to you became memorable, (Doodle, Minion, Eyebrows etc), as well as just quirks to the characters becoming injokes with the game's community (Guildmarm wanting to fuck the Brachydios)

And then there were other little touches, like winding up in the beach village because you got shipwrecked. In here it's just "Hey, you did a few 1 star quests, the three other villages are open. You should go check them out."

I know I'm far too early to be judging the game like this, but there was just so much to love in 4 and I'm really not seeing any indication that Generations has that same spark 4 did at the same point in time.

That explains a lot.

Now that you mention it, that is bullshit.
Those intro cutscenes were fantastic ways of showing off the powers of the monster you were about to fight, without spoiling the actual fight itself.

I couldn't tell you what they said, but the scenes in the Japanese version had two lines of text. One was probably just the name, maybe the other was a one line description?

I can live with all of these.
What actually fucking bothers me though are all of these shitty jokes and internet/cultural references this game constantly makes, the last straw was the pre-set message for placing a bomb online a reference to the shitty 'all your base are belong to us' meme.

Localization was a mistake.

The french version is actually pretty clean of all that localisation bullshit

Checkmate pesants

JE

why don't you go back to eating bread you actual peasant with a gay language

Well, it did make the hammer and HH obsolete.

It's their monster title, like how Brakidios is the Pulverizing Dragon (砕竜) or Jinouga is the Lightning Wolf Dragon (雷狼竜)

I will while you "enjoy" your inferior game, mon ami.

Now SnS is doing that, since HH got its ko damage nerfed.

Is there a way to capture monsters as a felyne, or can you only trap them?

As someone who's become stuck in his ways and has played and mastered the Greatsword, any reccomendations for my next weapon (excluding hammer waifu) that would be easy to ease into after playing GS so long?

That's stupid that there's nothing in the English version then.
I'm pretty sure Brachydios even has a title amongst the devs of "Arm God", or is that just a translation of its name.

Funlance.
You like timing your charges? Then you're ready to ROMAN hunting.

I hate it too, it makes Monster Hunter look like "an ebin m3m3 game for fellow redditors xD" instead of something to take seriously.

They should've just given them music to make them more substantial like the Mega Man boss intros.

When a monster is trapped there is an option to throw tranq balls when coming close to it. I'm sure they have an infinite supply.

LS or GL fam.
t. GS main

Any tips for a first time lancer

time to go full lancecannon then, thanks

Block and poke until it's dead.

That solves that issue. The only problem is my main Prowler has no traps. At least I managed to find a perfect prowler for one of the builds I set up and an almost perfect one for a second. I also found another solid one for another thing I wanted to try. I just wish prowlers could place trap items down rather than have to use the skill.

get close to them, put your weapon away. push A

Hey faggot, you didn't have to say reposting my reddit post and you would save triggering all these anons here. Lurk more.

So prowlers can use traps outside of those skills? Does the monster have to be sleeping?

that's just to throw the tranq bomb. You still have to use the palico trap skill if you want to capture, iirc.

I don't prowler much. I want to mess around with the skill training and make a perfect nyanta first before hunting as it

Anyone want to hunt Tetsucabras
22-3381-9997-9238
Password 3690

ill hit it up right after i finish this awesome
gathering quest

5 legs
6 vajanias
maybe more

Ok, I killed the Raizex, now how the fuck do I get the wyvern eggs to the red box?

you carry them of course

pick up the egg, carefully drop down the cliff at the back, then take the eggs to the red box

I'd recommend doing that quest in prowler mode

okay so i've done a bunch of bushido LS, and a bunch of aerial SA, what's a fun combo for greatsword? cuz guild still seems like the best combo for that because you really can't beat the old style on that

I got it, there was a tricky jump in area 6, the one with all the cliffs, I wasn't getting right.

Guild GS is the best outside of very specific armor setups

Thanks for the help
I had fun

i figured as much, a lot of the styles seem to make the GS needlessly complicated for a weapon that's essentially hit and run

I fucking hate how many upgrades require Monster Broths. I'm sick of going back all the time to farming Seltas captures.

I fucking hate that too. It's been driving me insane.

New bread

Best?
Guild. You have all your combos/moves, two limit breaks, and no stuff potentially getting in the way.

Fun?
Aerial. Seriously, the leap slash on aerial GS is absolutely silly and a blast to just spam.

Bow

It doesn't matter when you rack up damage faster and get a quick charge after the dash in attack. If you're not fucking terrible you can actually do good things with this since the GS is a hit and run/anticipation weapon anyway,

THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST THE BEST