Amazon to buy Whole Foods

Amazon to buy Whole Foods Market in deal valued at $13.7 billion
By Abha Bhattarai, June 16 at 2:07 PM

archive.is/lNfT4
washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/06/16/amazon-to-buy-whole-foods-market-in-deal-valued-at-13-7-billion-2/?utm_term=.0f2c5a9bea70

Looks like the internet's not enough for Bezos.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JeffBezos/status/875418348598603776
searsarchives.com/catalogs/history.htm
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Bezos
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showrooming
archive.is/3RGaq
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dunno how the first pic turned out that way. Here it is.

Amazon owns IMDB and Box Office Mojo? What the fuck? Since when? Them snapping up Alexa was also a surprise to me, but not like this.

Grocers are barely profitable garbage. The profit markets are among the worst in any industry. As their volume shrinks die to the dying older generation, brick and mortars will be finished even more than they are right now and federal trust regulators will be forced to step in sooner or later just like they do every time a grocer wants to buy out another grocer. In any case, look out for more unemployment and angry brick and mortar workers that want to destroy the country due to greedy jew corporations.

It was only a matter of time. Every corporation now wants to be the multimegamonster and as bad as amazon is, google is a true and dangerous de facto monopoly.

Watch it crash. He's trying to create a Walmart tier grocery store with a high-end store. It'll be like when JC Penney's tried to become higher end but alienated its already existent consumers by getting rid of all of the fake sales and coupons

B-but user Bezos has become a good man he is now asking on which philanthropic causes he should spend his money.
twitter.com/JeffBezos/status/875418348598603776

That's probably the most likely outcome for all of this. He's trying to take down Walmart with stores that will rival those stores simply in prestige.

Here's the thing, though: the upper class is already disgruntled with the prices they pay for the relatively average food at Whole Foods, the lower class cannot afford the food there and will most likely just go to Walmart anyway, and the middle class is almost non-existent at this point.

Something tells me this deal will be Bezos's worst.

Yeah, honestly I'm glad Amazon bought Twitch instead of Google, things would have really gotten bad otherwise.

I don't know who I feel more sorry for. Them or Sears.

Quads of truth, brother. Sears is losing money exponentially and is expected to file bankruptcy on July 10th. Not sure about how JC Penney is doing, although their stock is lower (which doesn't mean much, anyway)

Good point. Most discriminating liberal-type rich people don't shop at Whole Foods, at least in my area, it has a reputation for union busting and most produce and meat isn't actually organic despite being marketed that way. It's not different than other chains

Not content with just controlling what you buy, watch, wear, read, browse, listen to, and know, now they want to control what you eat.

At this point, I'm just praying China puts us out of our misery before the Zuckerberg-Bezos-Schmidt triumvirate enslaves us with an atomized existence.

I think there are plenty of people who would love to just order their food on Amazon Prime. They would pay a few bucks more for it too.

I fucking hate grocery shopping. If I could get my stuff delivered like the rest if my Prime stuff with reasonable quality I would.

Click checkout and the POSTMAN brings it next day/2days. Done.

Seeing the death of Sears in my lifetime.
smh.
Pop is rolling over in his grave.

Didn't they already intend to do this from the beginning?

Google Express already has a deal with Whole Foods where you can do just that. You can buy from Costco as well.

That is really sad. I have Craftsman tools that where passed down through 3 generations. Growing up in the 80s everything we had came from sears. Even my 1st computer. My 1st job was changing tires at the Sears Auto Center.

The modern leadership there refused to innovate and plan for the long term. They only looked at the next financial 1/4's profits. Run by CEO's who only care about their own bonuses.

Peapod has been online since 1997 working with local grocery stores and big chains.

in places like SF, NYC, and Chicago.

Amazon prime is everywhere. They have distribution hubs all over the US. I live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere and still get Prime.

Amazon has owned IMDB since 1998, Box Office Mojo since 2008.

I've been using Amazon Fresh for a couple years now. It's been mostly solid. The customer service is really good. I've complained about shitty delivery monkeys breaking my eggs and being 3 hours late and they paid for my entire order and I never saw the dindu again.

The worst thing was their stupid big green boxes they used to deliver food in but they're switching to paper bag/box hybrid containers that you can just recycle

Meant to post webm related, but other one goes well too.

NEETs gonna love those organic tendies.

I order the vast majority of my dry goods, spices, and snacks via Amazon already. It's a lot easier, comparable prices, and no shipping.

HEIL'D

read between the lines

I wonder if they're going to improve their "prime pantry" service from its current state of "pay prime memebership prices to get the privilege of overpaying on very limited selection of items half of which are meant for restaurants and businesses". No, it will be overpriced cancer.

(checked)

Sad times. Used to be great stores, especially Sears for appliances and tools before the Craftsman brand turned into chinese shit with a name slapped on top for brand recognition and price justification.

Amazon Prime for groceries is fucking cancer unless you like paying $60 for soda inb4 REEEEE SUGARY JEW autism, it's an example you niggers because they only offer it in restaurant/vending machine-tier crates of 72 bottles. Check if your regional big chain grocery store has something. In the northwest there is a chain called Albertsons that delivers straight from their store to your door with a full selection of products, in-store pricing PLUS automatically-applied "members club" deals, and shipping that's at worst $6 flat.

A 12 pack of Coke is $5.20 … the fuck you talkin' about?

Did you read the whole sentence or just see one portion that looked off and forced your brain to stop working so you could make a retarded post?

The dumbass nigger is saying that you can only order sodas in machine-tier crates from Amazon, which is bullshit. Did YOU read the post?

they certainly weren't offering still-overpriced 12 packs the last time I looked

Look now, you stupid faggot. $5.20 for a 12-pack of Coke. If you're going to hate something, at least give a valid reason and not just be a kike-tier liar.

It's $5.20 … same price as any grocery chain. It's actually even more expensive at Walmart.

Did Amazon touch your peepee or something?

Whatever Amazon's paying you to advertise and defend their services here, it's too much.

Just admit you fucked up so we can get back to agreeing that Amazon is trash.

What's it like being blind?

Since just about always…

Grocers are recession resistant. Everyone needs to eat. The problem with Amazon getting into this business is that grocerying will be a very small part of their total business, meaning they'll be able to throw their weight around in ways that wouldn't otherwise be economical, because Amazon isn't afraid to eat loses for years on end. Amazon is doubtlessly looking to merge grocery with product delivery. Certainly something alone the line of picking up your online amazon orders at your local amazon grocery store. Quite possibly a lot more than just that too.

Remember that Amazon has address and consumption data for large portions of the American public, particularly in more affluent areas where Whole Foods are located. They could use this data to, for instance, stock the shelves of their stores with products they know locals want to buy. This is the holy grail for brick and mortar merchants. It's the reason they all create "reward clubs" and similar nonsense, to get better metrics on their customers. Amazon has it all already. They have better quality data on people than even walmart.

Not much longer now until we only have a few companies that own everything.

For all the shit the Whole Foods brand gets, there is (normalfag) consumer good will for Amazon. Being associated with Amazon could be enough to salvage the Whole Foods brand. But the extra utility of being Amazon owned will be the real killer. Amazon loves incestuous business. They aren't just planning on using these stores to sell food. They thinking bigger…

Sears Catalog was the original Amazon.com from a century ago. Before Sears, everybody bought shit locally. Their catalog changed that, and killed countless local business. Don't feel sorry for them. They're being killed by Amazon just like they killed countless other businesses.

searsarchives.com/catalogs/history.htm

Bezos is a pretty incredible individual, was just reading his wiki bio:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Bezos

The big strike against him is of course his leftist political leanings, which I can only assume to be the case as he owns WaPo.

He's a hardcore leftist. He bought WaPo just so he could use it to manipulate the 2016 election. He's globalist anti-American scum, a huge proponent of importing as much 3rd world labor as possible.

Well Trump did say he wanted to break up Amazon…

If Bezos didn't fight back people would be calling him a cuck.

not defending anyone but that meme has been around forever and probably didn't come from reddit.

Yeah no shit
Funny how leftist are seemingly completely ok with four or five companies basically owning and controlling everything(ie ultra capitalism), solely because said companies happen to be Google, Apple and Amazon. I'm honestly not even sure if the ceos of these places even really are leftist anymore and it's not all just PR. All of these companies are taking part in some of the most aggressive and destructive forms of capitalism we've seen in thirty years.

tit for tat tbqh. Bezos started it. Bezos has been a problem since long before Trump's POTUS run.

I don’t think it’s that daft of a purchase, especially considering the international growth potential of the brand (it is a brand that people actively WANT to come to their location) and its customer demographic is secure. Amazon needn’t drastically change the business but with its huge funds and unlimited credit it will be able to expand quickly to meet demand adding serious value. Wholefoods built it’s brand image on exclusivity, with the brand built it is now time to capitilise on it. 450 locations can turn into 4500 locations worldwide. Only a goliath like Amazon could pull this off quickly, but Amazon has proven that they are willing to operate at a loss for years at a time without shareholders losing faith.

Wholefoods is a sign of the times, it’s customers have insufficient capital to enter the property market (even more so in foreign markets like the UK where Wholefoods has opened almost no stores), they are likely to be childless, work long hours etc. They have no traditional future to save for, they live as perpetual teenagers thusly their entire income is expendable. Whilst their parents scrimped at budget supermarkets because they had a mortgage to pay and children to care for they have no responsibilities. They may as well treat themselves to an overpriced shopping cart of food.

I think this is a good buy.

In terms of economics? No, they like to keep their money. In terms of "social justice", globalization, importation of 3rd world shitskins? Absolutely, they back off of it 100%. They see it as good for business. They care not a single whit about the well-being of America. They don't care about white people. All they care about is flattening the world to make more shekels.

That image really displays how good the working class used to have it, and how badly, since then, they've fucked us over. [insert Holla Forums b-b-but all we need is more taxation and regulation!]

you do realize amazon develops just as much kikey shit as google right?

they have a patent on blocking and redirecting internet traffic of phone/internet traffic of people inside and near stores in order to censor people looking at prices of goods

Time to short (((Bezos)))

Question is, how do we go back a 100 years and fix this unregulated Capitalism? Ironic, isn't it, how the Left claims to hate Capitalism, meanwhile their ideals on the local scale perfectly assist the unregulated growth of Capitalism. What we're seeing now is some weird bastardized mutation of the two. Capitalists and Leftists seem to work in unison. One dominates the social sphere while the other dominates the political sphere, and together they suppress dissent and broaden their rule. I like regulated Capitalism, I just don't know how we can get it back. We can't vote good people into office, and even if we do it would have to be the perfect storm of candidates, otherwise they'll do exactly what they're doing to Trump and just put up nonstop roadblocks. We can't revolt because we have neither the numbers nor the support. We can't vote our way out. We have to wait for a collapse and hope our inherent in-group drive keeps us alive as a people long enough to see the system implode under the incomprehensible ineptitude of the negros and muds.

Dude, I fucking use Amazon. You're currently on the internet, so I guess that makes you a paid shill for AT&T or Comcast or whatever service you use? God damn, you're a retard.

And that "meme" is from a very, very old 4chan Holla Forums comic made before reddit existed.

That's probably the most innocuous example you could find. Amazon owning that patent prevents it from being implemented. There is a lot of retailer hate for consumers looking up online prices while in their store.

I was just going to post this.
Its such a big problem for old style retailers that they even have a term for it: Showrooming

You go to Bestbuy and check out a product in person. Then if you like it you order it online from Amazon (or whoever) for cheaper.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Showrooming

The band is important but I think Amazon wanted it for the infrastructure also. WF already has deals and distribution setup to feed stores in most of the states. All Amazon has to do now is set up an ordering system on their site and hire people at the local stores to pick the online order. Then get a bunch of "gig economy" smucks to use their own cars to bring the orders to customer's homes.

I see, interesting. I am sure there are many reasons why Amazon has chosen to acquire them. I don’t care for Amazon at all but they are clearly devilishly smart operators.

He's not a Jew.

They could, but as it stands that's plainly a defensive patent. Most of the patents any of these corporations have will never be implemented and only exist for strategic reasons. Winchester used to buy every damn patent John Browning made, not because they wanted to make all his guns but because they wanted to prevent any of their competitors from doing so. When it comes to patents, preventing other people from doing things is more common than actually doing things yourself.

This is pretty typical of clever businessmen. They set up scenarios where there are multiple ways for them to win. They don't know which will work, but they have so many possibilities they have a high confidence of one of them working. Trump is an expert at this.

It's the "throw shit at the wall and see if it stick" approach, except optimized so you only need to throw once and possibly get several things to stick. Amazon is the worst sort of mega-corporation, they're a competent mega-corporation.

and youre telling me a publicly traded company will sit on a patent that has a known profitable market for it

Yes. They all do. Thousand upon thousands of patents created newly every year and never implemented.

Actually implementing that particular patent would be tricky since you'd need to get phone manufactures, the FCC, and telephone companies to all play ball with you. It would be an expensive and risky endeavor, both in terms of money and consumer good will. But the threat of other companies in the industry doing it is severe, however unlikely it would be. And the cost of getting a defensive patent? Fucking peanuts. It costs Amazon practically nothing to get a patent.

Amazon only became profitable after a major CIA contract. WAPO is also owned by the guy.

Amazon's profitability is hard to quantify because they have a tendency to "invest" a great deal of what could be their profit into future growth. That's their classic excuse to shareholders anyway, and the shareholders buy into it.

$1248 in 1911 is equivalent to about $32,000 in today's dollars. That's a fucking great deal.

you didnt read, its like $3000 all together

12 pack of name brand soda is 3.33 at walmart. Name brands start at 5.20 on amazon. Storebrands are even cheaper at walmart. Stop shilling for amazon. I will say that some otc meds are cheaper at amazon.

No nigger, I can read quite well thank you. Cement, brick and plaster would have only been a few hundred more dollars more and most likely the labor cost would be negligible because the gigantic White family would be constructing the home themselves.

My grandparents on both sides built several homes themselves pre-WWII. And as cheap as these Sears homes are they were still considered something of a luxury item.

plumbing and heating isnt included, neither is electric

your logic is faulty, no wonder you think amazon is so great

Yes quite, it’s not dirt-cheap when one factors in labour and land but even then it was obtainable for even an average wage earner. Should one have utilised a loan then the deposit required to access the credit could easily be saved within a couple of years of modest living and once purchased a man could easily tend to the repayments and support a family on a single wage.

For college educated professionals life was even easier, an eight-bedroom house could be bought outright for under half a decade in wages. A studios man who studied and worked hard could emerge at 30 with the means to purchase outright a large house and support (very well) of say six children.

I just don’t care for this modern world. I know men who even thirty years ago would be wealthy homeowners capable of supporting families that today have their wages eroded by scheming landlords and property markets poisoned with foreign investment. We really have had our future stolen from us.

I never understood the appeal of WH. Everything is over processed and over priced. The only thing I'd buy there were their in house baked bread loaves, but half the time they wouldn't even have the one i wanted in stock. Their produce is the same as every other local store (only more expensive). Or they carry "organic" brands of processed boxed shit I wouldn't buy anyway.

Amazon has it's own problems. Everything is still over priced, and they blow so much money on shipping it's nuts. Not to mention they still don't have the ability to choose USPS or other carriers for shipping basically forcing me to use third party sellers instead. Either that or I have to play the odds and hope UPS actually delivers to the address instead of some other address for "pick up". Only wastes everybody's time and money having to deal with Amazon to tell UPS to send it back since they refuse to redeliver.

What's even more bizarre is every single grocer here seems to be getting in on a delivery system. I mean REALLY pushing it. I guess if you don't care about money you'd rather have it delivered, but is it really that hard to wait for a sale and go to a store on sale?

About the only place I can see it being beneficial is maybe NYC so you don't have to wait in fucking line just to get in the store and then to get back out.

He doesn't need you lads. He's doing fine on his own for now

This is what stopped me using Amazon totally about 7 years back (before their shitty employment practices came to light). When Prime launched in the UK everything was shipped via either Royal Mail or UPS, both reliable. After a couple of years they switched to budget couriers that took advantage of “self employed” day staff (e.g. anyone who turned up to the warehouse in the morning and filled up their car with parcels). These “couriers” were paid 50 pence a delivery so routinely failed to deliver their full route (as in almost always).

I worked in a massive retail store at the time and the business was open 13 hours day, automatic doors, greeters, the works. Despite this my Amazon Next Day orders wouldn’t turn up, days upon days of “attempted delivery customer not home” updates. People say that Amazon has “good” customer service but I think its shit, they offer no solutions at all. They would just apologise and send out another item via the same courier which would again go undelivered, once I ended up with four of the same item, all arriving on the same day a week and a half after I had placed my ‘next day’ order.

Amazon even had a page on their website specifically addressing the fact that they were aware that two of the couriers were unreliable. That was the statement, not that they would stop working with them but rather they were aware. It was more cost effective for them to lose X amount of stock that it was to pay a proper courier and so they carried on using them.

Amazon a shit.

Ctrl+F doesn't reveal the EBT story

So, what Amazon is doing is disenfranchising poor whites in rural areas who do not have a Whole Foods anywhere near them.

Wal Mart will continue to dominate those markets while Amazon dominates the urban markets.

Nigs and Spics will have access to higher quality food than poor whites in this country and on the tax payers dime.

assuming whole foods keeps the same brands, etc

archive.is/3RGaq

https:// www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2017/01/17/amazon-accept-food-stamps-usda-snap/96661036/

He sells information to the communist-infiltrated (((CIA))). He might not be a genetic kike I doubt it but he's still a piece of shit and honorary kike.

It’s clever in an evil sort of way but I can’t help but feel it might collapse in the end.

WH has some niche items they don't sell anywhere else, like really exotic fruits and weird tasty shit but it's mostly going to cost your Whole Paycheck. I don't know many rich people that go to WH either, it's mostly just middle class (who are disappearing wew) hipster faggots who are quickly switching to Trader Joe's because TJs doesn't Jew you on prices being owned by European market terror Aldi.

I almost gave them a point for their customer service, but you're right. They don't actually attempt or seem to have the ability to fix actual problems. They just waste money (and everyone's time) repeating the same mistakes or offer a refund trying to make the customer happy.

In the US, UPS used to do 3 attempts before sending a package back. But for some reason, i guess my area is so busy now they will only do a single attempt then bring the package to a "local pick up location" somewhere else which defeats the purpose of having items delivered to begin with. This makes it impossible to give special directions, lockbox codes, or even just signing the slip and letting them leave the package on the 2nd attempt. What's worse is they don't even deliver to the local pick up location until the next day anyway so you can't even just pick up the same day if you wanted. UPS used to have and still sometimes has a method where they just deliver to a mail carrier and the mailman brings the package instead. While it's a little slower it's almost always reliable. Amazon even supposedly had a UPS manager on the phone about the issues and basically was told "there's nothing we can do, it'll just happen exactly the same if we tell them to redeliver"

Do you think it does cater for the Middle Class? The Middle Class traditionally have security, own a home, ability to care for a family etc. but did they routinely but $20 blocks of imported cheese and spread macadamia nut butter on their toast? I think WF cater for the people who would have been Middle Class a generation ago but can no longer obtain things like property or dream of supporting a family so thusly spend what they do have left on decadent distractions.

If you only have $300 left out of your pay check after rent and utilities and house prices rise by 5% a year there is little point in saving for a mortgages you may as well shop at wholefoods.

the autists need to look deeply into Bezos. Wasn't he adopted? And didn't his family have close ties with the military-industrial complex and Pentagon/Defense Department? And what is his (((religion)))?

There's a reason the middle class is shrinking and isn't just because of the bankers jewing everyone. Being Middle Class is an interesting position. You aren't poor, but you aren't rich either yet like everyone else you dream you were rich so you buy all these decadent things so you can pretend you are richer than you really are, a false sense of financial success like those guys in the suburbs who switch their Honda hood ornaments for Mercedes ones. We all know very often, whether through witnessing neighbors and family how often they buy overpriced luxuries they don't need, often with money they don't have (credit). Of course, unlike the poor who couldn't get any lower, the middle class get knocked down to poverty for their poor choices and become a major contributing factor of the shrinking middle class. They will continue their poor choices if it'll impress their neighbors even if it costs them their Whole Paycheck.

luckily Amazon prime uses USPS where I am…

We have a distribution center in state also.

I just order as I need it and its there in a day or 2. Even little stuff like a 9v battery for my smoke detector or a light bulb.Auto parts, hardware store shit… Mailman brings it all.

Other then grocery shopping I haven't set foot in a physical store in over a year. Prob been over 2 years since I have been in walmart.

Exactly, there is no flexibility at all in their customer service. No room for intuition to be utilised or exceptions made. Furthermore I once attempted to become an Amazon merchant, my account would no activate and I had no idea why. I’m not an idiot; I troubleshot as far as I could before contacting customer service that was based In India. Customer service that is outsourced to India varies a lot in quality in my experience, degree holding Indians who have studied English in the west can be pretty decent but I think whoever ran Amazons merchant customer service must have pulled up to the slums in a truck every morning and pointed to people.

For two weeks I tried to get an answer as to why my account would not activate. Customer service referred me in circles before flat out telling me they didn’t have an answer and could not help. When I threatened to send screen shots of this answer to head office he gave me an email address of a rep in the states. I outlined my issue and the frustrations I had experienced to this email address and got an incredibly shitty reply giving me 24 hours to provide further information, which I did. I did not get a reply.

Amazon a shit.

I do agree that the Middle Classes are prone to poor financial decisions (especially taking on an irresponsible amount of debt) but I also feel that for every Middle Class person who has deservedly screwed themselves by updating their car to often or buying a mini mansion that gets foreclosed on there is another person (or two) who had they have lived a generation ago would have been able to enter the middle class (perhaps their parents were middle class) but got stuck with a student loan, in an area with high rents and just never managed to put any roots down. For these people buying expensive foods isn’t necessarily irresponsible. They aren’t spending the mortgage money on craft ales and charcoal biscuits, they may as well spend what they have leftover on fancy things because whatever they could save will never be enough to obtain them a traditional Middle Class lifestyle.

It’s convenient I agree but I can’t help think that using Amazon is helping finance our dystopian future. Our Grandparents wandered into an independently owned hardware store and exchanged conversation with the owner, perhaps got some advice on how to fix up something and bought the necessary items. Our children will be alerted that something in their living pod is broken and that an Amazon droid will enter through the Amazon flap within the next 7 minutes to fix said fault and their account will be charged X.

If Jeff Bezos turns Whole Foods into a "urban walmart for niggers" I won't even be mad.

Not the ones that work for Amazon, trust me…

I work for UPS, I want you to understand how internet ordering has gone fucking crazy.

Our average package size has tripled, weight has slightly more than doubled, and actual package count has increased about 25% in the past two years. Oversize (mattresses, furniture and ect) has increased 40% this year alone.

Think about what that means. Could you increase facility staff and capacities in that time accordingly? Would you just be playing eternal catchup to whatever new level of production required? Remember the economy being terrible affects the Jew as well. They don't want to make less money, they arrogantly think that their choices in the past that have lead to this situation can just be painted over. People don't order off amazon because it's good stuff, they do it for an extra few dollars off, therefore, profit margins are shrinking and the ability to increase production given skyrocketing land and material costs for newer facilities is unfeasible in the Jew's eye.

You don't get expert/high quality staff for nonexistent wages, so like all things in our decaying era, services are becoming expensive and low quality. You don't just slam someone through training and have a delivery driver of 10 years that knows their city area like the back of their hand. Even if you did, it takes a certain type of mind (and trust me, not that of some random shitskin) to keep track of that many details.

thanks /sakuya/

Well, the lower middle class and upper poor are what they are but I just don't see them at my WH. It's just the way it is here I'm not sure how it is at other WH but I just don't see outright poor people much going to WH because obviously the trailerons and ghettonites aren't going to shop there. Broke college students obsessed with hipster shit might sometimes shop there but really they prefer TJs, farmers markets, and won't go to fucking WH just to fetch their instant ramen. Then the rest? They're just not there as far as I can tell. It's just the middle class, the rich shop surprisingly normally, increasingly at farmers markets due to all the top chefs only shopping there for ingredients, or opt for online/delivery services. Maybe that's why they're rich, they aren't stupid. But the Middle Class is definitely hit the hardest. They are shrinking faster than anyone else and social mobility in modern times is the worst it has ever been to the point the younger generations today are the first time in history poor than prior generations. I personally blame the boomers, their poor and greedy choices have cost everyone dearly. In any case, they need a little luxury in their lives to ease their downtrodden reality and fall from heaven then I wouldn't doubt it but I don't see it at least around here.

It's not my fault UPS is understaffed and undercharges one of it's largest clients (Amazon) and drives it's employees to rage quit or shoot up the warehouse. I'm not even blaming the drivers, i'm blaming corporate policy. Their new system requires 1 failed attempt to be automatically re-reouted when in the past, they just leave a slip and try again tomorrow. It could even be bypassed if UPS allowed instructions to be given when ordering to avoid having to wait for that slip to write down the instructions/gate codes/lockbox codes/leaving a signature etc. Delivering to a different address defeats the entire purpose of a delivery service especially when the only reason for doing so is "too many failed deliveries" for a particular area. Instead they should consider actual solutions instead of overworking employees and screwing over customers.

Charge more for delivery so you can hire more drivers/better training. Figure out why packages are being stolen. Basically anything besides just "we're not going to deliver it, tell your customer to go pick it up somewhere else instead".

Ultimately though, the problem lies with the end users as it almost always does. People end up accepting low quality and standards until it becomes "the norm" and you're the one who stands out for trying to bring attention to it. It happens in any industry and people never seem to realize the problem until it's too late.

They still do 3 attempts, even 6 (when the clerks fuck up) in our district. Our computers also still take notes for codes and ect. There is a whole demographic and societal issue that kills the entire system in the first place that destroys the point of even discussing how the system is broken. Things like Access Point aren't just setup to save on fruitless delivery attempts on Holla Forumslacks and no one else, they prevent fucks that want a free item from reporting high claim items as "stolen" in a ghetto area and all the other undesirable outcomes. Why bother attempting delivery when you know that the customer will never be there to sign for their five boxes of wine? Do you expect us to leave it on the doorstep with a signed note for the next possibly 8+ hours? Believe me, it angers me as well that someone has sticky fingers and wont leave the packages alone but then again, I always got excited for deliveries because they were for uncommon items that I couldn't hope to get in my area, not basic groceries.

In 1911 a home with electricity and indoor plumbing was for the rich folks. Given the era I'd consider those luxury add-ons.

The original point being that the equivalent of $32k, perhaps a little more and your own labor would get you a bare bones, brand new home. Still way cheaper than any equal home you'll find today.

I think, that when comparing prices from the past, that we stress inflation too much and never consider expenses.
Think about how many of the people buying those houses didn't have water, electric, or gas bills. Their money may have been worth more, but they also less being siphoned out from daily living.

Nobody remembers the cashless stores Amazon is currently building ? The ones you go in with your Amazon app, take the products, and then leave without waiting in line to pay, because it does it automatically. They are going to convert the Whole Food supermarkets into those cashless Amazon Go stores. We can all be skeptical about this, but a partially cashless system is already working in China.

No my Kroger stock i hope it recovers soon i want to be able to retire at 35

"Working"

Great way for nogs to just steal a phone, then rack up all the groceries they want on someone else's account. And no pesky credit card fraud to worry about!

That's why you lock your phone, and then declare it stolen so the cash flow into the account is blocked.

"UNLOCK THE PHONE WHITE BOI!"

Definitely a lot of variables to consider other than raw dollars. I was fortunate enough my grandmother (born 1905) lived to be almost 100 with her senses intact. Well into adulthood I asked her specifically about her and her husband's grocery/living expenses in the early 1930's.

All they regularly spent money on was flour, sugar, coffee and lamp oil. They raised hogs and chickens for meat, a cow for milk and lots of home grown veggies. Her and her husband built a two bedroom house, by hand, that still stands today. Granted, this was the rural U.S. so it doesn't translate well into the experiences of a family in NYC or Chicago.

I was also interested in what they went through during the Great Depression. Surely, I thought they would have some Grapes of Wrath tier tales of woe. Her reply was: We didn't know anything about it. It didn't really affect us.

They were as self sufficient as possible and not tied into the larger economy.

Miles Mathis claims Bezos is a Jew (.pdf):

http:// mileswmathis.com/ bezos.pdf

Yeah, I guess. I hope they do it anyway, nobody likes waiting in line and nobody likes being a cashier. More automation is a good thing. But I have a feeling like what they'll be selling will be super overpriced. In their ad they are showing cooks working in the store preparing sandwiches and what not, that can't be cheap. I feel like this will be those kind of places where you buy plastic sealed potatoes for 1$ the unit.

Yeah, whenever your phone gets stolen you just call up the phone company and…. wait.

I never got that chance, thanks for sharing, user. The coffee surprised me, the thought that 1930's rural Americans would be drinking coffee regularly never occurred to me.

I am impressed by the tech and deeply saddened about how soulless it all seems.

You can still do the exact same shit it's just that living standards are now different. Just depends on your dedication to unshackeling yourself from the financial jew I guess.

It's true that things were easier for the boomers in some ways but in a lot of ways people are just happily letting themselves be swindled for shit they don't need and previously wasn't available to siphon all their cash away. Money passes through the fingers of the modern human like sand. A lot of 100 - 2000 dollar toys quickly add up.

this one seems pretty sick I'm getting excited for my hillbilly future now

Yeah, can't disagree. Also don't want to imply that things were perfect back then either. It was a rough life but they also didn't have government kikes extracting every last penny from them via exorbitant taxes, fees and regulations. The modern West is full on live now, pay later.

Although your image is of similar configuration to the earlier Sears home there's just so much different now.

Gotta have electricity and water (I've done the 3rd World and it sucks without it) and most likely charges for garbage pickup because you have to dispose of all the kike manufactured packaging your consumables come in and you're not allowed to burn them. Need an expensive car with mandatory insurance and fuel to commute. Un-affordable health insurance. Income tax, consumption taxes, fuel taxes, property taxes. Not trying to be a blackpilling nigger though.

An internet connection is an absolute must have. All the other toys like excessive electronics, high end smart phones, satellite talmudvision, extra cars - all that crap has to be shitcanned if you're going to make a serious effort at attempting to live a low-cost, kike free life. It's a tough proposition for too many. Plenty of Homesteading forums are out there that can give realistic scenarios.

All forms of tax have been pretty shit for a long time but its the regulations that really get you these days. In some ways I can understand it because it would be too easy to build garbage unsafe dwellings and then sell them to poor people and have the standard of living take a nosedive. Kikes vs a different variety of kikes really.

The best thing ever would be living in that 2 story one I linked on some cheap rural land that's still relatively large. Additional structures can be added as needed. Thanks to advances in mobile internet spend the morning freelance programming. In the afternoon pick up my white biological son from school. Spend the rest of the day gardening and having fun outside. Spend the evening on European scholarship. Wife can do whatever. She can work or not work since I'm at home anyway and making good money, and she probably isn't going to divorce me just to win a worthless house. And she would have already advanced my line so IDGAF.

Nothing sad about it. Innovation like robotisation increases productivity, and only low skilled/pay jobs are affected. I'd rather see people learning a trade than working in a warehouse. The whole "we need to tax robots" is commie rhetoric, just like Marx thought the power-looms were awful.

you're a dumb cunt, you were wrong kike

This is it
Stop using this kike bullshit, if you want them down that's the most basic thing that needs to be done. We need to stop supporting them and use local alternatives. Until we can be self sufficient, they will own us.
Don't fall for the easy comfortable brain dead lifestyle, because that's how they put us to sleep.Most people on the earth are already like this, droning the world not realizing the bullshit being fed to them everyday.

But some of them can't. The point of low skilled jobs is to generate income for people in the process of upskilling, and as something honest to do for people not capable of anything else. Well, they are capable of something else, actually, which is organizing and killing modern slave owners like you.

hey leftypol whats up these days

About 10% of the population is inherintly too stupid to do any meaningful trade, hence they have to toil away in low paid slavelike jobs, that's also the flipside of the minimum wage, some work just isn't worth the minimum wage

Still gotta wait in line for someone to bag up all your groceries. Also even gas stations have made to order sandwiches, paninis, and pizzas now.

Grocery delivery is all about avoiding niggers and other diversity and not about "waiting in lines" or any other inconveniences. To the extent it's about the shopping experience, it's about avoiding the niggers at the store, not about being in line per se. In the cities where you either take transit with niggers or walk carrying your groceries and get robbed by niggers because cars are inconvenient, this has some possibilities, but it's the equivalent of having a big superstore in your gated community desu.

About the plan in general: companies are addicted to nominal growth despite it not being the best thing for shareholders. So rather than have a stable business in their sphere of competency which returns mighty dividends to the shareholders, they depend on growth without returning profits and there need to expand into other businesses outside their core, and inevitably collapse because of it. To try and deter the collapse, they accelerate the expansion and thus accelerate the collapse.

Whole Foods has long since lost its mystique and brand image in part because in order to signal your moral virtue you now need to go beyond using them and into using more extreme brands and in part because of its own expansion as in the previous paragraph. This is one huge company soon to be in decline, buying another which is soon to be in decline, thereby accelerating both.

Also, in these kinds of deals, the acquired company always has its brand diluted over time, so any residual value of the "Whole Foods" brand will go away as inevitably they start marketing it as
leading into just "Amazon Foods"

Leftists just hate when certain people control capital, the kind of Donald Trump openly self-interested douchebag persona. They actually want authoritarian capitalist leaders that give voice to their opinions and viewpoints. They want to be fucked, but want to be talked dirty to

I would boycott Amazon, but it's just too convenient and there's no alternative that's good as Amazon.

That's very, very illegal. It's one thing to redirect your own wifi; it's another thing to hijack radiosignals that the big phone companies are paying the FCC big bucks for.

It's not 'unregulated'; it's fucking protected fam. That's the biggest issue is a company gets large and then uses their money to literally buy politicians to make laws that prevent competition against them because the larger you get the harder it actually is to compete

Having a patent doesn't make the process any less illegal fam. I can patent a novel/new production of meth; it doesn't mean I can make it.

this.

You get a set amount, nowhere near enough to actually buy a months worth of food; anyone buying shit off of there with EBT is going to be starving in a week or two.

I fucking hope they do it

they can be unlocked genius, lock doesn't stop anyone from getting the data either - you have to encrypt it, and there's ways to get the encryption keys.
You should always assume anyone who has physical access can access everything on any piece of tech. Then you'll realize how stupid the idea of using a phone is.

It's a lot cheaper to buy 2x4s and plywood and build it yourself fam.
Also you'll still need a foundation which generally costs around $8/sqft; and pretty much every (((city zoning board))) requires a licensed contractor to setup any permanent structures; usually they require an inspection as well, and if they don't like you they'll find any number of ways to fuck with you and take your money.
just do it and tell them to fuck off

I've been thinking of the whole shipping containers thing. Put them together like legos and you've already got all your structure.

No, figure out a list of things that lose Amazon money when you buy them and only buy those.

Business vision: amazon is looking to merge whole foods inventory line with their drone delivery service in order to make a killing on convenience food items that people with disposable income would be more than willing to order in abundance if they just had easy access to it.

Regarding the WF hate in this thread: yes it deserves it greatly. But if you are smart and know what to look for then you can find things there cheaper than in other places (yes even walmart), and on top of that, due to the health-focused nature of the store (even though most of their health shit is actually just (((health))) shit that makes you effeminate) you can get access to foods you won't find anywhere else.

Fucking this. Whole Foods DOES have cheaper shit you just need to look and compare.

I watched this and some other videos and they only employ immigrants
oy vey what a coincidence that amazon pushes jewish agendas

though sears and JC Penny were going bankrupt like 2008.

Filter man talked about his in like 2003 with RFID.

ya thats just the frame,

3d printing houses are the future

Whole foods began as a kosher grocer. Bezos has just purchased his food supply for the purge.

Imbecile.

I love it how the shills come out for the 3d printed houses.

Who would not want a house built for 10k in 24 hours. You want to pay the interest Jew?

Good luck freezing and frying yourself to death.

And reported for purposely missing the point of this argument, just like a kike does.

Kikes calling others kikes, typical.

They're trying to get ahead in the biotech world now. I really hope the government manages to break this shit up before Google is in charge of half your medical care.

And reported for continuing to shill for kike ideologies long after being outed.

They bought goodreads. Other than datamining I can't see the reason why.

I'd love to see their metrics changed after they closed down the discussion boards because unless you're looking for very obscure info they were the only thing that made IMDB worth using at all.

what a waste of money

amazon already sells everything wf does

they want their stores and wharehouses