Nintendo hasn't released a new handheld model in two years. What gives? What's the next gimmick...

Nintendo hasn't released a new handheld model in two years. What gives? What's the next gimmick? Will they show it at/around TGS? Will it be hackable?

We'll probably get a presentation at TGS, yes.

What could they possibly add as a gimmick now?

a cellphone

scratch and sniff

Nintenphone.

With the success of pokemon go, nintendo will become a phone manufacturer.

don't recall Nintendo saying they aren't ready for another form factor beyond 2

With the SBC market growing I'll just make my own handheld when I get a 3d Printer.
Seriously, look around at SBCs, notice the cost for those tiny little boards that make the 3ds look like a pencil sharpener, and feel the blood curdling rage towards nintendo.

For quick reference, even the PSVita's specs are pathetic.

3D TOUCH screen :^)

Let's be honest here, the NX is the new handheld entry.

If anything all they'll do is slap 4G LTE into their next handheld, much like how the Vita had 3G.

All rumors point to the NX being both a handheld and a home console. Whatever that means in terms of hardware is a toss up.

You realize, for all intents and purposes, the 3DS and Vita are both SBCs, right?

That's what the wiiu is and they're dropping that shit

The Wii U isn't even close to that concept, retard.

LOL

don't be a baka user, I'm talking about a handheld with the power of a traditional console. Think PS4 but portable.

Yes and?
My point is that you can buy one to make something yourself that kicks both in the ass regarding price to performance, and that Nintendo in particular is cheap as fuck.

No it's not. The comparison brought up by Iwata was iPod/iPad.

Yeah no

Smart Phones

原看板と支援回答者が妊娠しています !! wwww

Very convincing, friend.

Why would you want that, the 3DS doesn't even have that many games.

I want reddit to leave

Cross your fingers my friends for the GB 2.0
Remember the chant:

Full on mobile.

they showed the Dsi at TGS nignog

You are a negative stereotype that makes OP's everywhere look bad