Ragnarok Online Thread: Late Night Party Edition

A sprite based MMORPG. First launched in 2002 in Korea and 2003 in the US. The Grandfather to Tree of Savior.

ratemyserver.net/

A handy tool to help explain quests/items/monsters/maps. A must have.

hero-server.net/

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

The private server we'll be playing on.

Key features of HeRO server are as follows:

Pre-Renewal

Low rate: 5x Base Exp / 5x Job Exp

Levels cap at 99/50 and 99/70

More can be found in Info & Features tab.

Guild name is InfinityCircuit

Type /bgm to turn on the glorious background music.

If you've never played Ragnarok, this is a great place to start. If you're an old adventurer this is a great way to relive those old times with a decent server that isn't bot infested.

Guide for finding out what loot is used in quests
irowiki.org/wiki/Quest_Items

Item of the Day for extra EXP
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Item_of_the_Day

Unlock maps, level lower level guildmates, prepare for transcendence and have fun .

Other urls found in this thread:

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie
ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=60000&qid=60006
ratemyserver.net/skill_sim.php?jid=5
ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=50000&qid=50001
youtube.com/watch?v=mkyjTVV4XJo
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SoxJaMGZq7uHH-4RgEQGgCqPHfQtqmtt3ogd7MtkJZg/edit#gid=0
ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=areainfo&area=1003
irowiki.org/wiki/Mercenary_System
irowiki.org/classic/Rogue_Leveling
ratemyserver.net/npc_shop_warp.php?map=c_tower2&re_mob=0&small=1
twitch.tv/pirone2
ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=60000&qid=60002
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pri.html?10gXdNsXdAhFbbsOqnkebNjX
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/chp.html?10akdKJhdAhFhOrdeFrFrAabJy
mariowiki.com/Keyzer
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pri.html?10gXdNsXdAhCbbsOqnke1mx
pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=2095
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Miracle_Man
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Fishing
youtube.com/watch?v=htmUaPAIa4I
pandoraonline.net/cp/?module=vote
forum.ratemyserver.net/guides/champion-guide/
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/chp.html?10akdKJedAhHhOrdeFrFrBabJy
ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=70000&qid=70001
ratemyserver.net/index.php?mob_name=rata&page=mob_db&f=1&mob_search=Search
ratemyserver.net/index.php?mob_name=duney&page=mob_db&f=1&mob_search=Search
ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=2016&small=1&back=1
ratemyserver.net/index.php?mob_name=vespa&page=mob_db&f=1&mob_search=Search
ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1993&small=1&back=1
ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1992&small=1&back=1
ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1995&small=1&back=1
ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1987&small=1&back=1
ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1989&small=1&back=1
ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1988&small=1&back=1
ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1986&small=1&back=1
ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=2024&small=1&back=1
ratemyserver.net/index.php?mob_name=draco&page=mob_db&f=1&mob_search=Search
ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=2092&small=1&back=1
8ch.net/v/res/10049556.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Novices can't really do too much. They have a skill that can be learned via a quest called "Play Dead" that is handy, but you lose the skill if you chose any other job class (I forget is Super Novices keep it or not). Get to job level 10 and decide on what class you want next.

Your basic physical strong hitter class. Carries a sword (two handed or single handed), spear, or dagger, and a shield (if you're using a single handed sword/dagger). Swordsmen can be built a few different ways. My personal choice is to build his stats in STR, AGI and some DEX. If you're going to be a tank, swap out AGI for VIT.

Toss magic bolts of different elements at your foes. Wields staffs or daggers. Magicians are best used with INT (for strong spells) and DEX (for faster casting) builds. Other good skill points can be AGI to evade attacks, or VIT to take more hits.

Long range fighter. Archers who are using bows require arrows. So always keep an eye out on your arrow count before going into the field as arrows are consumables. You can find arrows for sale in most NPC shops. Archers Damage with a bow is determined by the DEX Stat. So pump up that DEX. Similar to the mage AGI can help you evade foes while VIT can let you take more hits.

The Happy Merchant is here! Merchants are primarily used by players who just want to get more profits on the loot they sell to NPCs. But can also be used to sell items to players by setting up a shop. You'll find lots of player owned shops around towns. Merchants can also be good fighters similar to swordsmen. To be completely honest, I don't really have a good idea on how best to make your merchant, but if you'd like to fight with a sword, dagger, or axe, I'd recommended a similar build to a swordsman.

Extra Notes from another user:
"Two-handed axes suit Merchants.

Remember, the weight that you have on your cart makes you hit HARDER, therefore ALWAYS have your cart filled to maximum capacity with whatever useless crap you have. Try to reach the perfect cap.

AGI / STR are your friends with a Blacksmith. They hit harder than Knights and faster than them, exception of a Frenzy Lord Knight. Knights just are faster, last longer and are easier to have.

Blacksmiths / Whitesmiths lack proper AoE skills, and the best skills costs MONEY, so be sure if you want a merchant.

However, if this server has resets, that I dont know, you can perfectly fine have a Blacksmith reach lv99 and not rebirth him, reset his stats to DEX and LUCK to craft elemental weapons to yourself and the guild, you can also sell them to players since they are quite valuable.

Since you craft weapons, you can try to upgrade them beyond the safe +4, try to reach +10, don't go beyond that.

Whitesmiths (rebirth of Blacksmith) can UPGRADE weapons way better than the NPC with better % chance and with less materials."

Agile and quick hitters, Thief's can do very well for a new player who's looking to get a bit more out of each fight. Using daggers or swords Thief's can learn double hit as a passive skill to sneak in a little extra damage per hit. They can also attempt to steal items off monsters even if they don't fight them at all! Thief's are built best with STR and AGI in mind with some DEX thrown in. There are other ways to build a Thief but that's just my suggestion.

Everyone's best friend. The main healer of the party. Acolyte's specialize in buffing and healing other members of their team. Build them with INT for stronger heals and more SP or be a combat Acolyte and put points into STR. Ether way, remember to buff your self and your party members.

Taekwon's are a pretty interesting character type. They primary use no items to attack with other than their kicks. Leveling up Taekwon's skills are basically determined if you'll go ether Taekwon Master or Soul Linker. Level a Taekwon with STR, AGI or VIT and some DEX to help hit. You'll start out your early days being a physical fighter so be strong for now. If you decide to go the magical path of a soul linker, you can always reset your stats in this server (for a price of zenny).

Extra Notes from another user:
">I've never played Taek Master

Star Gladiator (Taek Master) are the most weird class of the bunch, depending if the number of the day is odd, or if it's day or night or what month it is… His power changes.

He can only have one of these powers in three maps, however, you can stack all of these in a single map.

It also focus on targets with the same name, choose wisely.

As you can see, it sounds pretty stupid, but when you have a Star Gladiator stacked a single map, they become GOD destroyer of worlds.

This little fellas deal MASSIVE damage on that map and are truly fearsome.

If you are an advanced player or you want to invest to be filthy RICH make a Star Gladiator and put your three maps on Morroc, where all the Satan's Morroc shadows are. If you focus the Ghosts you can try to lure them alone and 1v1 them into oblivion and pray to the gods that you get Diabolus ring, which usually costs a fucking fortune."

Alright I played up until the end of the tutorial and didn't have fun, then I dropped it.
I guess it's because the only enemy around took a fuckton of hits to kill and I couldn't do anything but click on it and wait.
When does the fun start?What class should I go for maximum fun, bard?

Gunslingers are ranged fighters who specialize in firearms, be it revolvers, shotguns, Gatling guns or grenade launchers (there might be more but I think thats all of them). Gunslingers will have to buy all there ammunition from venders, similar to how a archers arrows are consumables so are bullets and shells. Level up similar to a archer with Dex as your primary focus. AGI or VIT to dodge or stay alive longer. Gunslingers are pretty neat if you can get the hang of them, but NOT A RECOMMENDED STARTER CLASS as the weapons are expensive and the ammo is slightly as well.

Extra Notes from another User:
" This is a FUN class with NOTHING more. It's REALLY expensive to have a Gunslinger and ANY class do all of their jobs better.

However it's just fun to switch from pistols to shotguns or gatling gun just cause you can.

His skills costs money too even."

Ninjas are a little strange as they can be ranged, up close and magical all at the same time. Figure out what one you want to make and build accordingly. I've seen some pretty crazy stuff done by ninjas in my time, so I've come to respect them as a class. Plus they look neat. Sorry for lack of detail on this class, I've never successfully built a proper ninja so I have little to offer.

Extra notes from another user:

" Like the gunslinger, its an expensive class and not recommended for beginners.

However Ninjas can be of use unlike Gunslingers.

Melee if PvP. Magician Ninja if PvE and PvP. If you wanna throw shurikens in PvE delete the character."

Masochists unite! This is your class if you feel like suffering as a novice for 45 base levels. Super Novices (or SN) will find that they have all main 6 1st classes skills available to them! Whats nuts about it is that you're allowed to get 99 Job levels! So you can really get a ton of first class skills and mix and match. Mind that because of this builds will vary. But if you can deal with the suffering and strife of those first 45 base levels as a novice, this might just be for you.

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Buddy_Beanie

I highly suggest any new players attempt this quest. Not only will it familiarize your self with the world, but also unlock this wonderful hat.

"The Buddy Beanie is a hat geared towards lower level characters! If you are base level 85 or lower, then you obtain the following bonuses: +600 HP, +80 SP, 5% more exp earned from non-boss monsters. All characters gain the 3 defense from the hat regardless of base level, and it is refinable. It has a weight of 20, is equipped in Upper Headgear slot, and requires a minimum base level of 12 to use. "

A few praises of the game by users:

07/14/16 (Thu)
"The game has a level of open-endedness that only games like EVE can top, and this was further reinforced by constant updates of good content and a subtly enforced sense of community; players are also relevant to the game at all times, whether its to the economy through item/card drops, what content they can access,or community-driven matters.

We may urge people onto an easy fast track for leveling, but even amongst us being eager to share our veterancy, we all have varying ideas and strategies about how to play the game and progress, especially early on; and this is something that's even survived the era of forum/gamefaqs guides for literally everything.

Everything about the game, from its art to its music was solidly done and iconic; down to every last enemy and map in the game, which you could show to any RO player and they could tell you something unique about it; whether it's the weakness of the enemies there, the card the wandering boss of the area drops, the requirements to enter, or just the music.

To me, it's the Thief of MMORPGs; a game that's spectacular, only because it did things right, and it should've been surpassed far, far long ago."

07/14/16 (Thu)

That's a bigger deal than it sounds like.

Just saying RO is merely more open than ToS is an understatement, you can go anywhere anytime and party up with anyone to kill strong ass monsters to level fast or get good gear, you will most likely die trying though, because the monsters are a real danger even if you have the same level as them.

There are no questlines guiding you through the game, you basically level just by killing mobs and the few quests give you stuff like items, special skills and access to new areas.

The gear is much more solind in this game too, Instead of getting a new sword every 5 levels you can get a top tier neutral element frmo the shop instantly if you have the cash, note that it may not be the best sword, because those often lack card slots for advanced builds and they have no element. This makes crafting gear and refining a much more important thing right from the low levels.

The best thing in it to me is the monster layout and party playing, there are strong monsters everywhere and they can be anywhere on their respective maps, makes playing with a party very important in almost every place you go especially on the higher level areas. Of course you can still solo, but you'll be pretty limited and will have to tackle weaker challenges.

Note that when you kill an enemy, no matter your level, you always get the same XP, so no matter if you're and kill a lvl1 monster or manage to kill a lvl100 one there's no XP penalty. You still get shit % frmo the low levels because they give you low XP already, but killing stronger enemies anywhere is very rewarding. In most MMOs and even ToS if you team up and kill a strong monster you get shit XP because of level discrepancy, instead you have to go into shitty instance dungeons and kill low level strong monsters.

Is the autistic "dump instead of making it a pastebin or whatever" over yet?
Please respond:

Ok, that's about all the Pasta served up.

So, last time we talked about guild emblem ideas.

Some said "no emblem is an emblem" but I figured to suggest that we make Holla Forums's spoiler image. a few of you liked that so I gave it a shot. I'll also show some of the other submissions that I've collected.

Part of the enjoyment is the exploration of the world. You saw about a total of 7 or so rooms. As for monsters to fight, did you level up at all? perhaps it took a while to kill because you forgot to level up. By the end of job level 10 you should have been able to 2-3 shot some of the enemies if you where putting your points into physical strength points.

Fun really is what you make of it. Some people enjoy bard, but it takes some work to get to being a bard, and they are pretty party dependance classes. Solo bard is not advised.

Did you get a job after novice? if so what one did you go for? I could perhaps give you some tips on how to build and places to go that will suit your level.

Also, sorry for the pasta spam. I find that new people coming to the thread have an easier time when I can reference to a post with an image rather than just to text.

Oh shit I didn't level up because I was afraid of messing up my stats.
Also I didn't get a job at all, I just kinda roamed around in a desert and shit was kinda dull so I dropped it.
What should I pick that's fun and geared towards solo play?

You can reset your stats in this server for free untill level 40. after that it costs zenny, and at higher levels, perhaps an item or two.

Well, if you said the desert, chances are you where in the Morroc area. So if that's the case head back into town and find the pyramids, if you're job level 10, see if you can become a thief. If not job level 10, build into STR, AGI, and DEX for now. Just stick to the easy guys untill your job level 10.

Here is a guide for the thief job quest.
ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=60000&qid=60006

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Thanks fam.
Morroc town righto?Also my in-game name is Joshu

I should also mention that Thief class is wonderful for soloing. Not only is it easy, but its one of the best classes for solo. Just level up in STR, AGI and DEX (dex is for hit. when you stop missing things, you'll know you've leveled enough in dex) and put skills into double hit and perfect doge and you'll be dealing out damage with a dagger so fast they won't know what hit them.

Also take up steal as a skill so that you can start every fight with a free bit of loot out of the targeted monster.

For a Merchant. Should I try to get Discount and Overcharge asap?

Is it your main? if so perhaps rethink those skills until you know what you want to do with the rest.

If it's your secondary however and you just plan on using it to buy and sell goods, then sure those two are great for that.

Im treating it as my main guy. I plan on grinding to Blacksmith.

Then perhaps look into skills that will be more suited for combat as you'll want to have an easier time leveling. I would recommend making a secondary merchant (perhaps make him an alchemist) for all your trading/buying/selling needs as they take up skill points that are needed for the more combative roles you'll want for your main blacksmith.

Wouldnt I be able to get them if I ignore vending on this character anyway?

You could, but what I'm saying about waiting until you figure out the rest of your combat skill points on that character. then with any leftover points you can put them into discount and overcharge.

ratemyserver.net/skill_sim.php?jid=5

Try building your skills in this and see what you come out with.

Overcharge imo, because you can't buy more than you sell, therefore selling for higher first is better.

t. blacksmith

Alright, I have an important question:

How do you join a guild? Holla Forums guild, to be more specific.

53/39 swordsman.

Just ask any of the guildmates you see around and they can get you in. Or if they see this thread they can whisper to you and you can meet up with them. I'll hop on in a sec and do just that.

oh also, post your in game name. otherwise we won't know who to contact.

Is there any way to set a waypoint in the map and have your character travel there?

Playing RO again is making me want to play RBO again…
I could stream it for you guys if you want it…

In game name: Frish_sh_sh

I just mashed the keyboard when making character name.

With that link. I was able to get 10 of both. But I do have another question.

If my main attack skill uses 1k zeny, wouldnt the overprice and discount skill help towards that? Or am I overthinking?

What am doing wrong with this quest here:
ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=50000&qid=50001
I just need to get play dead to do the thief job quest thing(thief instructor told me I needed all novice skills)

nevermind fixed it

Why would you get level 50 by yourself just @main asking for us or somehting

Autism.

Cervix here, boys~

Been away because of work. Will be back soon to suck all your damages away! :3

So how do I get an invite into the guild?

Post your in game name here and someone will contact you.

dont do this
Just post the name here

Please keep your power level in check in event room jesus

I just yelled your name in chat out of frustration. I need my healslut back.

I'm the Joshu guy.
I got the thief

we're in event room right now just a minute

Too many events! I can't! Hugebro out!

This word event is the worst.

Okay, to be clear, is the server 2nd-job only or does it have Transcendence?
I can't find this info anywhere.

2nd job only. Pre-trans.
Anybody selling some cake for the beanie hat quest?

This. I've leveled up couple of times in the bloody factory and still no cake.

Hell fucking yes. Time for a devo crusader.
Anyone in the guild online so I can ding for an invitation?

I've only just started (character name Westr, would love to join the guild) myself, but I thought it was pre-renewal, not pre-trans.

Uhh it does have trans classes. It does however have pre-trans WoE.

Shit, for some reason I thought transcendent was after rebirth. Sorry fam.

it has trans, just not 3rds

you're more than welcome to make a devo sader though

Eh, Paladin is fine I suppose. I just never played the game long enough to really get a grasp of trans jobs.
But ye, anyone online so I can get into the guild?

I hate you all. Reading these threads made me install it. It's been at least 6 or 7 years since I last played RO and I see there's a lot of new shit.

Invite my mage Prisma when you get a chance, currently level 48/36.

Me too
5 years clean as well

Sure. whats your character name?

fluffrierre

It's fun starting again like this. I played iRO for a few years, and while some mechanics did need renewing for scaling purposes, for example the Hard Def / ATK paradigm for new content… I don't think it turned out very well in many other parts.

youtube.com/watch?v=mkyjTVV4XJo

Can I get an invite too?
IGN : Mareanys
40/30 mage

Prontera centre square. Go there.

I'm there

Daily Reminder

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SoxJaMGZq7uHH-4RgEQGgCqPHfQtqmtt3ogd7MtkJZg/edit#gid=0

We could really use priests.

Just go to one of the character that have [infinte circuit] or something, spout random maymay, and wait for invites.

I was chatting with them not really understanding why they where just speaking in memes. That's not the requirement to get in just so you know. Just being on this thread is enough.

It's funny to watch people be idiots. Wish I was there.

FUCK these things they drop fucking nothing

"Go to Neko Island", they said. "It'll be fine", they said.

I barely came out of it alive. Only managed to kill off one leaf cat.

They don't even give fucking exp.

You come into their home, shit on their doorstep and expect them to be easy?

Level 35 where 2 grind
pls no more wolves

Ants

where are ants

Ant hell, from morroc, 1 south , 1 west, and top right corner of your current map

ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=areainfo&area=1003

You weren't suppose to go alone. Take a party next time with people in your level range.

Also a healer or tank because you gonna get sonic blown.

ants? that's pretty shit exp isn't it? I mean, the only thing worth getting in there are cards and maybe a few materials inst it?

It's always been the go-to for me, at level 12, go to ant hell, beat on eggs, beat on ants, then move onto wherever it is appropriate.

How hard is to make money?
As someone who fucking loves mercenaries I would at least know if I can make the money I spend on them.

wut

irowiki.org/wiki/Mercenary_System
Essentially the equivalent of having a low level archer, pretty great for farming low level monsters, but kinda expensive and stupidly fragile.

Anyone knows where the restat NPC is?

The internet told me to find him in Payon, but he is not at the specified coordinates.

Not on this server. Don't exist m8.

Prontera, bottom left from center

Thanks

benis

I agree wholeheartedly.

Hey guise check out what I got :=)

Make a katar sin nerd. With a chick hat you effecitvely bypass 190 ASPD

can anyone explain the dancer/gypsy classes to me? they look interesting

It's insane with Bow Rogues too, double attack level 10 on bows is insane.
But I'm not going to abandon my smith…

They are Archers that can play songs/dance to buff everyone around them. They also have some skills that can only be used if the other class of the pair is with them (forming a bard and dancer duet).
Their transclasses have some hella OP offensive skills.

You haven't seen a Whitesmith using a Bardiche with SIdewinder card, have you?
Shit's fun mate. I even put an Injustice card alongside a Sidewinder card in a bardiche just to see what could happen
It was a big mistake

Time to apply I guess

megaton man, 33/24 Acolyte

Minsterl is 3rd job nigga.

Depending on the account gender you can either be a Bard (male) or a Dancer (female).
Bard rebirths into Clowns and Dancer into Gypsys.

They both have the same offensive skills that make them strong: Arrow Vulcan.

However, their support spells are different, their respective best support skills are:

Bard - Bragi's Poem: It speed up cast time of everyone around him and removes all kind of cooldown/delay. As an example, a Wizard after casting Storm Gust stays (if I remember correctly) 6 seconds without being able to cast anything, well with Bragi the wizard can cast Lord of Vermillion after Storm Gust in the same spot and Meteor and Heaven's drive over and over and over and over as long as he has SP (mana).

Dancer - Kiss (I don't remember the name sorry): She duplicates the max SP (mana) of everyone around her. This is only useful for Professors and Champions, Professors so they dont need to spend so much mana while giving mana away and Champions because the more SP you have, the stronger the Asura hits.

As you can see, the one that has more party synergy is the Bard since it helps nearly everyone in the party meanwhile the Dancer only a few.

What's more the Dancer lacks any kind of other good support skills unlike the Bard, who has Lute song to increase everyone's Max HP and Rift who increases the attack speed of everyone and thus making him better at support in general than the Dancer.

Also the Bard has literally bad jokes as an attack that freezes randomly anyone on the screen, friends included meanwhile the Dancer says annoying shit that stuns randomly anyone on the screen and again friends included.

While you are frozen, you gain the attribute WATER and the next attack (only one) will destroy that state and obviously you can't dodge attacks or move. However because you know the element, you can hit really hard making burst classes happy.
While you are stunned you can't dodge neither move, you keep the same element that you have (neutral or another one if you have certain cards) but even if someone hits you, the stun effect remains and thus making it a better option for DPS classes.

When they are both together, they can have special skills for a duo which are really strong and good. They also have Marionette, a skill that makes them share their stats to someone else, who is great for Alchemist/Blacksmith while crafting.

Now, for end game in PvE what they do most of the time is just walk while playing/singing with little action. It is boring for someone because of this, they are like walking bots. However, skilled bard/dancers can have active 3 or more songs at the same time by switching weapons that cancels the music and switching it back so you can play another one meanwhile the previous one is still "in effect" for a few seconds, this make skilled Bard/Dancers able to use Arrow Vulcan while they are supporting. Because of this little trick, it is fucking stupid to spend one skill point on that one skill that makes you stop singing, just put a bow in the skill bar to cancel the song.

Hope that I helped.

Third class is Maestro buddybro.

Oh my, I'm so used to call him Clown that I forgot Minstrel is his other name.
It's like Scholar from Professor, I always forget it cause noone uses that name.

You'll have to forgive me for that one.

been looking over the classes in the wiki, and I want to be able to heal a bit while also doing damage since I want to do some cooking and will need materials
Crusader looks cool, and so does monk, priest looks cool but I'm not sure if they can do damage
Which would be best? Can I get a quick rundown on what to expect with these?

your best bet is grand cross crusader, or an exorcist priest

Star Glads are mostly PvP mana sucking scouts and first-goers in WoE castle rooms.

99 vit 99 int the rest in agi, flying kick people around for the mana-sucking aura. suck them to zero, next person. Suck them to zero, next person.

their mana sucking is FAST and they can disable 3,4, even 5 people in mere seconds. That gets rid of the healers, professors, anything really.

Even if the enemy has grape juice to spam they will exhaust their grape juice storage early in WoE giving your team the advantage

every WoE guild should have at least 3 Star Gladiators and 3 stalkers with the purpose of disabling casters and melee.

also they complete counter Asura Strike spec'd Monks/Champions COMPLETELY.

Monk can both heal, support and deal damage, we need another monk to do Blade Stop party

Do not look for those kind of hybrid, they don't work.

It is true that a Crusader or a Monk can heal, but their heals are shit if they go for damage, well except for Crusader if you go for Holy Cross.
Crusader's Holy Cross fuck himself over, costs a lot of HP and only deals damage to undead/demons and he has a healing. His damage is OK, not big.

Monk's damage is high but if you go healing with them, you have brain problems. His SP is low if combos and thus you will burn it while comboing, if Asura, you will spend all the SP in Asura so in the long run Monk won't heal unless some niche combo builds like mine back in the day with Enchanted Peach Tree Card

They both tank, Crusader is better than Monk to tank generally but Monk with Mental Strength is the best tank in the game and Blade Stop / Root is a neat skill to fuck one target ad infinitum, stopping YOU and the target forever till someone dies or you cancel the skill. When you are in Mental Strength state you can't use skills.

OP should add this too for PvP. Leap in WoE OP as fuck.

That's Grand Cross, holy cross is another attack. And Grand cross does damage non-undead, just does more damage on undead and shadow element since it's holy property

Well, too many years without playing and I never played Paladin, I always hated them anyways.

Grand Cross is rather, useless, if you dont go for undeads and demons for it's holy property.

Is the quick reply window not working or is it just me?

well, if I go priest would I still be able to farm stuff decently?

also

strike that last bit
I was confusing the city names with the sister names

Not alone.

Your only hope to go alone as Priest and farm are specific places like Nameless dungeon, which has the best OST of the game, vid related.

However, Exor builds are not as good in a party, your best bet is to pick up a partner in the guild or whatever since you're a priest and you both will nearly kill anything.
You are a priest, you don't need to deal the damage, you can be a Tank Priest, grab someone like a Sniper/Hunter or whatever.

I've been a Priest main for seven years, I have killed with him with just maces the strongest non-MvPs of the game and it's possible, I've killed undead MvPs with exor but those are not recommended for beginners and they require investment. So, grab a friend, make a party and farm together, one day you grind a place where an item for you drops and another day you do it for him with jolly cooperation.

If you can't find anyone you can level with a support build killing Anubis in Sphinx F4 with the tip of your dick INSTA KILLING THEM and go from low level to max level, these fuckers drop a staff that increases healing power. The Priest is so fucking easy to level that it even feels unfair

Keep in mind, Priests are easy to get into since they are easy to understand, but they are the hardest to play. I hope that you're ready using at least three full bars of skills.

420 bully GMs erry day

About to make a new character. Would you guys prefer an extra wizard or an extra priest?

Priest.

irowiki.org/classic/Rogue_Leveling

For snek.
ratemyserver.net/npc_shop_warp.php?map=c_tower2&re_mob=0&small=1

Healslut getting trained.

Townbike's the name. Please invite.

whats your lvl bby

kek

If anyone needs cake for the fuccboi beanie quest PM my main, Sir Yorgh. I have some in stock.

If I'm online I'll cut you a slice.

Oh also, someone invite my main Sir Yorgh whenever.

Can anyone add me to the guild?
Name's MikitakaH, it's getting ronery to grind without shitposts

Where can I get SP potions?

Two south of Payon you can kill Spores, Wolves, and Boas who all drop Strawberries.

You could also go two south of Pront and kill Desert Wolf Babes (or three south and kill Peco Pecos) for Oranges, which restore a little less SP, but they also restore some HP too and drop at a higher rate.

Or if you're a walking Brita filter-I mean, an Acolyte, you can trade Holy Water with an NPC in Aldebaren for Grape Juice, that costs a bit of zeny though.

Actual SP potions, like Blue Potions, are pretty rare. The only place to really farm them is in Geffen Dungeon from Nightmares, but those aren't really possible to farm for most classes until later on. You could travel to the Yggdrasil Tree and farm Blue / Shining Plants for Herbs, and then have one of the guild's potion masters brew them into Blue Pots. Or you can eat the herbs directly for a smaller SP boost.

Oh man, the memories. Mage was the best: Fire Balling hordes of monsters, all that damage Fire Bolt did, full-screen Thunderstorms… But really, pretty much all the classes were fun to play as, and even some of the monsters if you messed around with the game files.

If you're gonna stream it, post it here.

Mana-sucking aura?

You bet I'm gonna stream it!
Just not sure when…
Dubs decide what class/gender I'll play.
Only first jobs(I don't have novice unlocked), gender actually changes the moveset.

Exorcist priests are cool as fuck, but yeah, not quite something a beginner should aim for.

u got dubs

Such is irony…
But I want someone else to pick my character.

rolling

to be honest if we start rolling dubs now it'd derail the thread, can we do singles instead

Why the fuck did I decide to roll a monk for my first class

I had forgotten how shitty battle acolyte is for soloing and I don't even have Pneuma yet

there's not much discussion going on anyways…
If anyone gets dubs without rolling or anything I'll ask them for class/gender, then there will be no more rolls.

Thief Female was the bomb

Female Merchant, the only character I never really tried. Get those Discount parries and toss food around!

If we still have guild room can I get an invite, level 47 super novice Trazyn?

Male acolyte so you feel my pain at the moment

Wait hold on were you on sograt a moment ago? Were you buffed by an acolyte?

You! Say a ragnarok first job and a gender!

Fuck it run female archer. I had a lot of fun with her at RBO.

Cool, I think I never played this one.
Just gonna see if it's better to stream or just record it…
Anyone has a good recommendation on how to do this?

I recall she was way better than the male archer. His ASPD was so low compared to hers.

JUST

I was buffed by one when I was standing around in Prontera

Told ya they got me right next to the portal…
That's the whole map's worth of monsters that were following me.

K, I'm about to stream it, just setting everything up.
Any suggestions as to what the female archer's name should be?

Question.. seeing as hilda is the only heal slut we have atm when's the bukkake?
Need to teach the priest a lesson.

Straight out of Compton

twitch.tv/pirone2
Is it working?

We can embed these.

Newbie acolyte
Base lvl 38 Job lvl 28
Looking to join the guild in game name is Schect.

get in here niggers, we need a name for the archer

Guild invite please. name's Git, 12/10 novice
I was going to go priest, but I know cooking will probably take up a lot of farming time. What class is good for killing shit in big numbers?

thanks, game

Wizard is best for mass killing, especially with a party.

u and me

figure id post in the thread and request an invite, so i can get in on some party murder more often then i've been.

Riceshaw is my main character, Magician, 45/31

i can also help level some people up, its been about 8 or so years since i last played, and its been even longer on servers that weren't 1K level caps centered around PvP

no idea who ill have to harass in game to get in or not.

tfw no invite

Hey there you should contact S.Logan

Fuck u nigger faggot.
Go Bukkake some other fuboi willing to take your limp dick.

Simbly ebin

What are you gay?

I have higher standards then some rando user.

So you don't like getting cumed on by randos but like getting cumed on by people you know is what you're saying?

Mind if I test on you first?

Are you saving yourself for marriage?

WHERE IS FATHER YOSUKE

ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=60000&qid=60002

Bottom of the page. 2 maps west out of prontera, one map north

This thread got really steamy all of a sudden.

I only wanna fuk his bio pussy

You know you are itching for it love.

Wew.

Cervix the priest logs in

Just want to fuck the heal slut fam.

You nigs still need priests, right?
I'm leveling an aco right now, but I could well level a wiz instead.
How fucking bullshit is to get a vitata on this server?

Hilda is not for lewding.

We still need priests. Vitata drops at .03 percent.

Ok.
Who do I need to whisp to get on the guild?
Character name is Quintet.

S.Logan

I'm on my break at the moment (cooking dinner)

But I'll see if I can get you in soon.

Can't we just make do with saders?

Could I get in as well? I applied earlier in the thread. megaton man, aco 36/27, intend to go priest.

tfw you mammonite your healsluts special place

happy to please, damage-sama~

I wonder how many i can hit hill winds for with this

how much*

FS priest skill build irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pri.html?10gXdNsXdAhFbbsOqnkebNjX

Champ build (for soab) : Spirit/asura build (8 leftover from champ go into aco buffs)
irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/chp.html?10akdKJhdAhFhOrdeFrFrAabJy

Are there Anubis on this server?
Because if they exist is kinda silly not going Turn Undead as as normal priest.

I used the key-nosed ghost ally in Wario Land 4 as an emblem forever ago, just shortening the nose so it fits in the template.

mariowiki.com/Keyzer

where the fuck did you get that?

there are, but I only recommend that if they're up for soloing. Also ressurection can be used as a instant cast, level 4 turn undead for instakills (you spend gems tho)

I bought it

to be more specific, i bought the bow and got the card from an album

Lucky you…
How much did the bow cost?
I really have to browse those shops…

i bought it on main
I got it for 7 bloody branches and 200k

You only need to sacrifice sanctuary and three levels of aspersio or manus.
Sanctuary is not used much, because it costs a blue gemstone, and aspersio and impositio manus arent that important to max.

You're right, should focus on fast leveling when priest

Actually, Holy Cross damages everything.

Holy Cross spec used to be legit camping with a bard/dancer on specific WoE rooms because Holy Cross' damage formula is strong. You could spam that shit and not lose health, spam it fast and spam it harder and everybody entering the room would die on the loading screen due to the spammable AoE damage on the entrance. counters those fast cast storm gust lvl 1 wizards, assassins and whatever the fuck goes first inside the room.

But after everybody and their mother get "gearcapped" you're better off going Martyr spec with tank skills to 2 or 3-slap people down

irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/pri.html?10gXdNsXdAhCbbsOqnke1mx turn undead priest for fast leveling on anubis

Root is good when "that guy with GTB/Strong rare card leading the WoE" needs to be CC'd.

I don't know if this server has Guild Skills. It's pretty broken when private servers allow guild skills in WoE because guilds with people who trust each other will give Guildleader to people on the Emperium room on the spot to use Guild Summon. It's a huge exploit. I hope your server disables guild skills during or inside WoE

Nice, now I only need a slotted guard.
Maybe I should make that wiz after all.

You goddamn tripping сука блять.

I leveled to 40 in that place and only got one familiar card.

I know I need to party up to keep leveling well, but isn't there a place where a Merchant at level 46/32 can solo for a bit of xp on the side? Or am I stuck at Mukas?

fellow bovine

Maybe you can handle Metalings. If not, Rafflesias are great until 50.

Wolfs is nice if you have cart revolution.
Two maps south of Payon/West from Alberta
They also drop stawberries, who heal sp.

Knighthood was the right choice.

You know what fuck it, going first character monk was a stupid as fuck idea.

If I commit to changing to Full Support Priest for the guild would you guys help me get the rest of the zenny for the stat and skill reset?

Ye once i trans the zenny will mean little to me, not sure about the others

My first character here is a monk it's great

If you tell me where did you level your battle aco from 50 until class change I will start a FS Priest from scratch. For what it's worth I have ~40 str ~40 agi Heal lvl 3 Agi Up lvl 8 Bless lvl 10 Pneuma and I am working towards getting lvl 10 DP and DB for monk.

I was at Toy Factory, that place gives really good exp at low level. Then at 40 me and a bunch of other job 1 had Logan tanked for us until job 50 at Neko. Battle Alco is more doable than you thought. Also do the alco training quest too at the monk sanctuary for a free level.

Shit, I never even thought about that.

Logan? Neko? Aco training quest? I haven't touched this game in fucking years god damnit.

He means leaf cats and one player of the guild I pressume.

Fucking sold.

Are you guys still in need of priests?

You can never have too many priests

I'll roll a priest then

Best of luck to you then! Make sure to post your IGN and PM guild members for an invite.

I remember this highly populated server where taekwon class was somehow forgotten, so i was able to reach the top10 with merely 30 rank points.
Now everyone has 700 or more points. Fuck it.

In any case, it seems interesting. algún clan hispano no autista on?

Maybe I should just go monk then

I just downloaded this too, can I join as a non priest?

Post your IGN in thread and ask a guildie for A invite

Become a badass Hunter and shoot them in the ass

But then I can't be a special snowflake hunter.

top kek faggot

I wanted to empty the GM's shitty "event" but at the same time punish event spamming fags by making another wordmuzzle

Anyone know why I can't login to the server?

guild has 13 people online rn m9, is this your first time logging in?

ur missing out on 16 OBBs lad

Yes, I'm getting "Failed connecting to server" everytime I log in

I just don't like being part of an overplayed class
hard to bring anything to the table if there's 30 other guys with the same skills as you

send help
what am i doing wrong?

Timezones m9, and we have 51 people in the guild, that's 3x more people than there are classes available.
Right now we have no Wizard, Priest, Bard, Dancer, Rogue, Crusader, Gunslinger or Alchemist online, and every class in the game has at least two viable builds, if not more. Also we have no Ninja or Super Novice in the guild period.

Gonna PM the GM about that. Also check this thread out
pandoraonline.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=2095

Where did you download the game client from? Is the executable file path C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\heRO.exe? Did you update the main client once after downloading it either through rsu-kro-rag-lite-UPDATER.exe or Ragnarok.exe?

Uhh this isn't like other MMOs. Priests can literally never be overplayed as they actually work better the more there are.

No its in C:\Games\RO
I ran heRO patcher after installing from website

Not being under program files\gravity might be the cause. Did you download just the heRO installer? What about the actual game?

If you want to be special you should have played something stupid like super novice or gunslinger

Pistol Gunslinger has the best sustained dps against neutral, shadow and undead types!

Mine is on the same path as his and I had no problems

i downloaded the full install from downloads

Anyone know any other server I can play on?

HOL UP
Are you running the game directly or running the patcher first?
Even if you already confirmed your email adress(wich is necessary btw) if you try to run the game's exe whitout the patcher it bugs out because the patcher keeps the game up to date.

Did you restart your computer? some times that helps.

How about things like anti-virus or whatever? perhaps its being blocked from going online from that?

I installed it and ran the patcher.

I took a 3 hour nap because I got a headache from this and I still cant log-in. I'm probably going to uninstall

Really can't say why this would happen. sorry to hear that it's been this big of a frustration.

do it for her

soo you
♦downloaded the full game
♦installed it under C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO
♦patched it fully
♦downloaded and installed the heRO patcher
♦patched the game
in that order? did you try ipconfig /flushdns? is heRO.exe trusted by the windows firewall?

Remember to Vote4Points every 12 hours
There's hats and other neat little things available if you rack up enough points, for almost 0 effort.

How do I vote?

Is Aqua Benedicta useful?

Also, tell me more about playing Priest in this game.

I don't know what to be

kind of. You can fill empty bottles with holy water and have Jesus turn it into wine for a decent low level mana potion

Aqua Benedicta is useful rigt now because people just discovered how to make SP potions out of them. Otherwise their actual effect is negligible.

Full support priest most of the time will be resurrecting teammates and Magnificat, Assumptio, Gloria and AGI Bless every 5 minutes. They can also create warp portal to most places and that save peoples cash.

Perseverant. You'll be perseverant.
It'll pay off in the end.

If we have more that enough healsluts, I'll may end making that wizard after all.
I notice we don't have that many wizs (two, with three magicians) and wizs are almost as important as priests for parties.

Holy water is necessary for Aspersio, who is a damn great buff if you have melee attackers or some kind of hunters vs dark or undead monsters.
You can also turn it into grape juice with a custom NPC on this server.

Priests can grind on Anubis solo with turn undead, that is GREAT exp.
You always get turn undead as a normal priest.

Where is this guy?

I would like to know as well. I don't think I've ever come across that NPC.

Isnt that just a normal NPC at aldebaran

pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Miracle_Man

ALSO, PEOPLE WHO WANT CHEAP CONSUMABLES CHECK THIS SHIT
pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/index.php?title=Fishing
You can get fishes who heal hp and sp but don't work on pvp, and the trash you get will get you back the money you spend on bait almost every time.
Acos can save on the prontera fishing hole, too.

Another day, some more tedious grinding to job lvl 50 before Monk.

Kill me Pete.

Don't be soloing!

I am. I want to join the guild as a proper monk instead of an acolyte leeching off others.

Dude, we've had people join as novices. It's fine. We're all here to help eachother out. A guildmate and I are currently helping an aco level.

Or you can join and just continue soloing until you reach monk/priest like me.

dont solo unless the exp is real good u fugger

Partying with others is not leeching!
You actually can't leech in this server. You stop getting exp after a bit if you sit still!

lol kill steal

Thanks, tomorrow when I get back home I'll pester you guys to join the guild proper.

We will have a place in our guild waiting for you.

I understand the sentiment. Which is why I waited until I reach at least lvl 50 to join.

gypsy does not stem from thief

youtube.com/watch?v=htmUaPAIa4I
Bullshit, yes they do.

pandoraonline.net/cp/?module=vote

Ninja is a shit job. Not hard to level, but the skills are ass, and there is fuck all for equipment. Gunslinger is like Archer with more action skills. Taekwon is literally kicks ass. And face. And groin.

Sloooooooowly working on an Acolyte, but like it was over a decade ago, it is a slow and tedious pain to solo.

Does HeRO have lots of players or no?

Get Soab or some other Monk with Blade Stop to help you level on Anubises.

Shit's cash.

ban siromas

Please help this is getting out of hand. I'll never be happy will I?

I have ten characters, all different classes. There is a limit to each person's capacity for happiness, and forcing yourself to enjoy something will have the opposite effect in short order.

Beh, it's late, to hell with playing anymore today.

just get brandish spear and mob shit

Big mistake
AGI/STR/DEX knights are far better levelers, and Lord Knights are absurd for solo and small group PvM (you can literally duo on places that would require a full party otherwise with a priest with Kyrie Eleison)
As a general rule, you should go AGI as a non-rebirth melee if possible.
If you want a melee attacker, there is also assassin, that is damn great.

By the looks of it you wanna hit hard and fast at melee range.

Go monk

Don't make him reroll again.
Monk is good, but is not for AA melee.

AGI Combo Monk is pretty good for leveling though, I thought?

Have you considered making a Taekwon Master

Have you considered having fun with other people?

Just a few more days.

The fuck are you doing on Siromas to reach max level?
What class?

Just got blacksmith goys, now get me to 99 so I can start making weapons :^)

Siromas are one of the Monsters of the Moment, they give double EXP.
I'm a Knight who made the mistake of going STR/VIT pre-trans.

If you've got somewhere that can beat the consistent EXP from soloing here, I'm all here.

Good for leveling and fun to play with. My goal is to transcend as combo before transitioning to Spirit Champion.

Oh my god I don't know how to help you let me try…
$$$ = It also gives a lot of money besides exp
Hoping that you can tank shit thanks to VIT…
Mavkas on Moscovia F3 $$$, you can grab HP items from Moscovia F1
Owls on Glast Heim, Feathers $$$
Anubis on Sphinx F4
Bio Lab F2
Byalan Dungeon F5
Brasilis Dungeon F2 $$$
Rachel Dungeon F1 or F2 to kill Seekers and grab Bardiches for your fellow Blacksmiths
Gonryun Dungeon F1, Enchanted Peach Tree $$$ and give the card to a fellow combo Monk with at least 18 Int and Heal Lv10 to use or the card is trash

I'll come up with more places later if I think of more.

Can Asura champ also grind on trash mobs

Thanks for the advice, I've just finished scrounging up welfare/loaned gear so I'll give some of those a second shot and poke around the others.

Proper explanation incoming:

Don't forget, the Feathers from the Owls are not to be sold to the NPCs.
You require 100 to craft a Feather Beret, which gives you 10% resistance against Demi-Human, it's the generic needed hat for PvP and therefore it sells like candy to players.
Also, Owl card seems like trash, but if you have the combo of Owls it is fucking GODLIKE in ani AGI character. I've run with that set in a Combo Monk and you wouldnt believe how hard it gets me that I have Lex Aeterna just by punching things and getting Imposito Manus for myself (increase phys dmg), it also throws Lightning Bolt lv5 so the set is perfect for a Sage of Agi but others Agi users may use it. I wonder how a fucking Whitesmith or Lord Knight would run with that set

Anubis can give some staffs that increase healing, stack them and give them to priests so they go in a frenzy upgrading so they can get a +8.

Rachel F1 has two really strong cards, Vanberk and Isilla cards that sells really fast. You may want to keep a Vanberk for yourself and give an Isilla to the wizard of your guild or to a Priest. Vanberks also give the previous Hat that I said you can craft with the owls, which gives 3% Resistance against demi-humans which is useful in Rachel since they are demi-humans, except Hodremlins who are demons.

In Gonryun try to ignore everything that is not an Enchanted Peach Tree, maybe kill the Butterflies since they are annoying. If you, somehow, get a Butterfly card you can wipe your ass with it and ask if someone wants it because it's seriously an inferior Orlean's, but mabye someone wants it on the guild as a plan C not even plan B, its that bad.

In Anubis you will be killing nearly anything because they are annoying, Minos throw TWO kinds of Axes, one of them is useless. To know which one is which, look at the WEIGHT of it the one that weights the least is fucking trash meanwhile the other one is worth 32K on the npc if I remember right.
Pasana's give undershirt which is cool and shit, also their card is MANDATORY for Thor dungeon which is the Go-To Max Level in a guild of end game.

Bio Lab is a suicide but it can be fun as fuck so you can try.

Byalan F5 wont give you much cash but it can get you some mats for the blacksmith of your guild to craft some elemental weapons, after farming you can ask them what they need and sell the rest. Kill everything in sight, the passives motherfuckers are rare and only three on the map, they give a fuckload of EXP.

Brasilis F2, Piranhas are hostile and give nearly shit things, but they are annoying its better to kill them. Then the mermaids which I forgot the name gives the two roses which you can sell each around 26-36k I dont remember, with a nice % drop and an OK exp.

And finally Moscovia, well, Mavkas will snare you and wont let you move and hit hard but they are not the problem of the map. You see, you can ignore the Baba Yagas and Medusas no problem, but if you lure a few of them you are dead.
If you see Baba Yagas or Medusas casting SOMETHING to you, fucking hit them as fast as you can or you are DEAD. If they finish casting, use a fucking fly wing to get the fuck out ASAP.

PS: Don't try to 1v1 the MvPs of the maps, if you see something with a group of enemies, don't engage. Always carry Fly wings to run the fuck away and healing items to spam. Moscovia F1 is great to farm healing items for free with an OK exp.

God damnit this thread is filling me with nostalgia.

ADRENALINE RUSH
POWER THRUST
MAXIMIZE POWER
WEAPON PERFECTION
"MAG"
"MAG"
"MAG"
HAMMERFALL
MAMMONITE
MAMMONITE
MAMMONITE
MAMMONITE

Brosmith became my best buddy in the guild.

ah that was my introduction to blacksmiths as well. my little newbie guild of about 30 people that were mostly agi characters and a couple FS priests somehow got hold of a castle, they called in all their friends to ally and hold it. we sat on that castle for an hour and 50 minutes and then we got stormed by about 4 blacksmiths and they cleared us all out just by themselves. fucking blacksmiths, best class.

All hail the axe-wielding motherfucker Smith.
In every server, since Im a hipster that needs no archer and wants none, I make a Taekwondo Rank to grind with the tip of my dick.
However, when the rank is too hard, I go Smith to grind and farm, like a true hipster. 190 ASPD killing EPTs. Owls, mermaids, mermans, everything. Cart terminating those bitches from New World…

Good shit.

Any good build for Asura Champ?

Spirit/Asura is the way to go. Going full asura is stupid as Throw Spirit Stone with high enough str is enough to practically one-shot wizzies.

100+str
90+dex
60+vit
30-40 int
1 agi
1 luck

Don't quote me on these stats they are off the top of my head

Do you have the skill guide from high aco to champ for this hybrid?

I am currently at work so I can't really spoonfeed you hard, but I found this doing quick searching. It may be different depending on how things are on this server but from what I saw skilling is good here.

forum.ratemyserver.net/guides/champion-guide/

I have yet to reach monk yet (I'm this faggot right here >>10115509 ) but your main skills will be Throw Spirit Sphere, Occult Impaction, Raging Palm Strike and of course the Asura Strike. Unless something really big changed the server TSS is for killing squishies from a distance, OI is for killing tanks, RPS is the quite literal poor man's Mammonite, and Asura Strike is "kill anything that isn't using Ghostring".

Thanks

I notice Increase Agi is left at 1, will this cripple me much?

You are not a combo monk - you are a spirit monk. Ideally you will not be using your physical attacks at all and rely on your skills and your SP. If you prefer to go agi combo you need another build entirely.

No. switch that around, you won't need the agi points but the duration is more useful.

The higher the level of agi down the higher % of it working

I have the skill at 10 but I don't know what to mob

I had also considered this and thought, "how is that any different from my rogue? Now he just uses a spear."

I'm curious about monks but they have a lot of skills to choose from. I can't tell what's worth taking or not just from the wiki

but arent they only good on like 3 maps? How the hell do they get anything done?

I usually play with one of two people for gathering materials for one quest or another. Haven't been in a leveling party for long time.

who cares, it's filler. I guarantee having to recast agi up every 30 seconds is hell.

Also, raging palm strike isn't terribly useful since knockback doesn't work in woe. If you want it for the knockback leave it at 1. If not, dump into agi up 7. Mental strength/ steel body 5 is a must.

irowiki.org/~himeyasha/skill4/chp.html?10akdKJedAhHhOrdeFrFrBabJy

OR, you could balance points between agi up and agi down if that's your thing. only really relevant for pvp and even then, not by much.

RPS is huge damage still. The knockback isn't the most important component but it can be spammed for huge dps at the cost of waste of sp.

re: agi monk

you generally max out your combos, keeping your trifecta low with a high aspd will actually lower your overall dps. generally you'd try to cram in as much combo shit as possible and then get a low level asura because asura is still good even from a combo monk

You've already got occult impaction and tss

OI and TSS are not spammable limited by how many SS you have. Without PPS you have to stop and grant your foe a few moments to heal while you summon more SS. With PPS you have a backup quick damage skill or a spammable move in places without knockback like WoE.

Priests are better off using their buffs in you in the first place so between having a below standard acolyte buff or a transcendent champion skill I'll take the champ skill every day.

I will say when skilling for monks and champs. Focus on PvM and PvE skills. We won't be WoEing for awhile so by the time we actually get WoE gear and if thats if we even decide to. You will be able to afford a stat/skill reset.

I just want to learn from the eddga fight and deal big guy damage ya

Invite please: ElysianSammy

scratch that name just going for Elysian

Is anyone around to invite me properly? Name is Tallen.

Also we just hit the bump limit for the thread whoever usually makes them.

How could I have forgotten?

Feel free to remove my ninja, HattoriHandsoap, from the guild. It's the opposite of fun playing that class.

Yeah I've still yet to make a successful ninja class.

It's a learning experience.

The problem is, the experience is learning why I stopped playing RO in the first place.

What fucking retard picked that skillset? It's just a copy of mage, with shitty-archer. What would I have done? Made the class an advancement of thief, companion to the assassin 2nd job. Stealth, high damage attacks, poison/debuff skills, mobility. You know, shit actual ninja were known for. Poisoning, assassination, disguise and subterfuge, not poor-man's-Narutard bullshit.

NEWS REPORT
Some faggot spawned a shitload of monsters on the Islude airship a while ago, so anyone looking to get to Einbroch or whatever had best find a portal, lest ye be out a grand in zeny.

The monster spawning is just a normal game event related to some quest.

You have to understand that Ninjas have no role in group play, ever. I keep hearing people say that they have something to do in parties, and I just don't see it. Maybe the advanced Kagerou / Oberou classes are more useful, but that's renewal so who cares.

I've literally never seen a Ninja in a high-level party on any server ever, they don't do anything that another class doesn't do 10x better.

I don't know if they're talking about Water Escape Technique, which is just a really shitty Quagmire / Deluge hybrid. Or their pathetic excuse for sustained magic / physical damage.

The ranged build is a fucking joke and cannot do anything unless you're using Throw Zeny which is shit. The magic build is only useful for levelling or when facing complete mongoloids in PvP. The shadow build is the most fun, but is pretty crap for levelling, and is totally useless in group PvE. It can make a mockery of skillless SBK SinXs though.

Fun fact; if you visit the Assassin guild as a Ninja, the master NPC there will say something like "I don't know what class you are, but I like your style."

You can build a ninja for one-shotting with killing stroke, it's a mini-asura. But only useful for pvp/woe, and you'll waste a lot of healing items since it gets your hp to 1 every time you use it (and can get you killed easily if you don't pay attention). At least it's more spammable than asura, but it's also blocked by pneuma so meh.

Ninjas do work on groups/parties, but on small ones.

Soul Linker + Ninja is the best duo and cheapest New World farmers.

The only ones that are better than them in New World are people that are prepared end-game style, meanwhile a Soul Linker and a Ninja that are NAKED can fuck up EVERYTHING except Cornus on New World.
Dragon Set, Sprint Set with the tip of your dick, Nepenthes (Mandragora Cap and other shit) with the tip of your DICK.

FS build is shit. It's a shittier Asura that is reduced / blocked by even more effects and doesn't even pierce regular DEF, making it even easier to tank. They had to add an effect to multiply the damage with how many shadow clones you had to make the skill less garbage in renewal.

The fact that it's slightly more spammable than Asura doesn't really make up for how hard the damage can be reduced and how vulnerable you're left after using it compared to Asura. At least a Champion doesn't die to being hit with level 1 Firebolt before they can hit their Ygg Berry button.

I can see the Soul Linker smegma build working because that's always been insane, but what does the ninja even do in that setup that another class couldn't do just as well? I haven't done any new world content because the server I used to play on had no one to properly implement it so none of the monsters had AI or proper stats and none of the gear was obtainable, so forgive me if I'm missing something that should be obvious.

Oh yeah, the shadow clone combo is renewal only. Scratch that then.

Easy. The Ninja has a 100% dodge with ANY kind of attack like the Soul Linker.

The Ninja has more mobility than the soul linker, the soul linker slows the enemy and the Ninja put a fucking fire wall to defend both of them.

So let's explain the "practice" how it is, they are in Nyd dungeon, soul linker went alone in front while the Ninja is slightly behind him. They go clearing shit, if the Soul Linker is in trouble he just needs to walk backwards and the firewall protects him, since the Soul Linker has 100% dodge too he will survive and then the Ninja will be in front of the Soul Linker.
If the Ninja takes a hit, he will be pushed back, time for the Soul Linker to Eswoo the enemy and move backwards with the Ninja and try to make the enemy ALWAYS focus the Ninja since he is the tank with the fastest 100% dodge activation AND fire wall.

However since the Soul Linker has a slow (Eswoo) and more range he goes first to lure the enemies.

Now, let's say there's a Duneyrr. The Duneyrr uses web and freezes someone on the spot, if it's the ninja he doesnt care, if it's the Soul Linker he's going to die, however, thanks to the Ninja's fire wall he won't die neither get touched. Duneyrr dies without being able to deal damage to anyone.

Now the duo is facing a Rat, a creature that throws stones to stun and has that champion teleport. Time for the duo to stick together inside the firewall of the Ninja, since the firewall is a cube, when she teleports she will be pushed AWAY always to any of the MANY directions, the Ninja just have to renew the fire and both need to pay attention to their 100% dodge cause stone throw eats it. Rat dead, damage dealt, 0.

Those two are the most dangerous creatures from the New World that are not MvPs and these two eat them alive.

Now let's go to one of the mini bosses, that one Lion creature. Same thing, this one is just too fast, but we have Eswoo, so we don't give a flying fuck. After half an hour of pure Esma and Ice up his ass he dies, you check the Equipment and you both are NAKED, thats it, mini boss down.

Any other class that goes with this duo will break the synergy and will die or destroy the fire wall position
Assumption from Priest will FUCK the Soul Linker instead of help
Your best bets to add to the duo are: Professor, Priest without Assu neither Kyrie just Safety Wall and Lex Aeterna, Sniper for traps and make the life of the duo easier and DPS, Clown for Bragi cancel because if he sings for more than five seconds he is dead one shotted
Anything in New World ONE SHOTS you unless you have over 10K HP and have Assumptio on you, then you take two shots, some enemies have double shots or even sonic blow, so it's just one shot unless lucky even with Assu and 10K HP.

This duo strategy works EVERYWHERE in New World, EXCEPTION OF CORNUS. Cornus is just Holy 4 who wont give a fuck about your magic and selfheals 9999 constantly, only way to take him down while being a cheap motherfucker is with Asura + Lex Aeterna or hope that your Cart Termination stuns him so you can kill him, Snipers will cry since their DPS won't outDPS their selfheal unless good equipment or you will need a Priest to use Lex Divina and mute the fucker.

tl;dr: Ninja deals DPS while protecting the Soul Linker since the Soul Linker can survive the one shots with a 100% dodge but he wont deal DPS unless the enemy is stunned/away and the safest way to do this is with Ninja's fire wall since the Rat has a fucking jump that will make any other defensive spell go to hell.

So Crimson Fire Formation and CSS are the major reasons the Ninja works well in that situation? Great. I'm surprised that they would make Duneyr vulnerable to knockback considering how powerful it's clearly supposed to be looking at it, but that's Warp Portal I guess.

Do none of these monsters have any magic? Because magic ignores both Ninja dodge skills and if the monsters are as strong as you say they are, shouldn't the Ninja get one-shot by the first JT or Dark Soul Strike that something throws out? Considering that Ninjas have the same Max HP modifier as Bards, without immense use of HP-boosting gear, their max HP is always pretty trash.

I think you're right about Prof and Sniper being the best additions / alternatives to that combo though. Since they both have traps that fulfil much the same purpose as Crimson Fire Formation (just without the omnidirectional protection), they just lack the 100% dodge stuff, although I suppose the Prof could spec into Safety Wall, which pre-renewal was actually useful, which probably makes the Prof more useful since aside from Ankle Snare the Sniper wouldn't really bring anything to the table outside of shitty buffs like Windwalk and slightly better DPS.

Amatsu Dungeon Quest.

ratemyserver.net/quest_db.php?type=70000&qid=70001

Yes they have magic, however the magic is only dealt at melee range or it's a weak ass soul strike.

The only magic, besides cornus, that the duo can be afraid of is Water Ball from those Nagas. However you can see the cast time, it's enough for you to get away from their PoV and not receive damage from the Water Ball.

Some enemies on New World dont have knockback with Crimson Fire and they just eat all the fire, but they it eat slowly thanks to Eswoo from the Soul Linker, the fire does its job even if it doesn't knockback, it still makes them walk slower.

If you remove the Ninja, the party is not going to work as well, I can assure you, Safety Wall will go down really quick, remember that they have sonic blow and some magic.

Rata: ratemyserver.net/index.php?mob_name=rata&page=mob_db&f=1&mob_search=Search
As you can see, the magic is rather weak, and both of the characters will survive it no doubt, there's no real danger to it and Soul Linker doesnt give a fuck. Also the Veteran hammer is kinda shitty, but its the dream item for Battle Priests, it's really strong.

Duneyrr: ratemyserver.net/index.php?mob_name=duney&page=mob_db&f=1&mob_search=Search
Again, it's everything at close range and won't do anything worriesome. Look at that fucking Veteran Axe, look at that shit, it's INSANE on Whitesmiths.

Those two are the most dangerous creatures that will one shot you in Nyd dungeon, the rest of the enemies there won't one shot you and are rather weak enemies, although one of them has a really strong Water Ball but the Soul Linker can take down really quick and stop their cast time

Aqua Elemental: ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=2016&small=1&back=1

Now that I'm at it, I will put all the enemies from New World and explain more or less one by one except if they are not dangerous

Vespa: ratemyserver.net/index.php?mob_name=vespa&page=mob_db&f=1&mob_search=Search
These guys are hostile unless you are 99, if you are 99 they don't give a fuck even if you kiss them. They are as fast as an Agi'd character, Eswoo and Crimson is needed, Meteor Strike one shots at melee, the Ninja should never get close or he will die regardless, however the Crimson Fire fucks them up so bad it's a joke of an enemy.

Naga: ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1993&small=1&back=1
THIS is the main problem of the Duo. Water Lv9, this fucker is out for blood, but again, crimson fire, eswoo and noticing the cast gives you enough time to dodge death.

Cornus: ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1992&small=1&back=1
The duo cant' kill it, but luckily it's passive and won't attack unless you attack it. Just ignore. Dem ring and sprint set though is really nice in a Priest.

On a side note, Pinguiculas: ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1995&small=1&back=1 farm these with any character above lv70 while dodging the Vespas, they give great EXP and a Brooch for rebirths with slot.

Centipede: ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1987&small=1&back=1
Quagmire and Ganb can fuck the duo, however, the Soul Linker can solo it no problem, Eswoo and it's over.

Hillslion: ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1989&small=1&back=1
Crimson fire spam and let the Soul Linker kill it, it goes down nearly instantly but it's speed is dangerous so you need to make sure Crimson is UP 24/7.

Nepenthes: ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1988&small=1&back=1
You have more reach than them, no problem to kill them. Great EXP, great loot. That Mandragora Cap is the dream of a Tank Priest, +3vit hat with slot and the Gypsy taunt when you get hit. You can farm with a lv60~ duo no problem in Manuk Field 1 while paying attention to the Hillslion.

Cont.

Finishing the wall of text

Tatacho: ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=1986&small=1&back=1
So easy to kill that it feels stupid. They lose aggro because they decide to sleep, they have nothing, just put the fire between them and the duo and he'll go down. His loot is a must have for many Champions, Lunakaligo sells like candy, it also help some combo monk to farm HP items.

Bradium Golem: ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=2024&small=1&back=1
So easy that you can masturbate each other meanwhile this fucker dies. This shield is niche, but give it to an AGI Crusader of Shield Throw with a Soul Linker next to him and he will be the happiest motherfucker alive killing with the duo EVERYTHING and dealing more damage than a Sniper, however that build is so niche you wont find anyone like that.

On a side note, Draco: ratemyserver.net/index.php?mob_name=draco&page=mob_db&f=1&mob_search=Search
They are easy but they USUALLY, depending on the server, drop the Dragon Shirt and Dragon Manteau set, which is Pantie + Undershirt set with better stats and with SLOTS. There's no fucking way you would say NO to this.

And finally, from Dicastes, a place where nearly no pre-renewal server has (but some has), Dolomedes: ratemyserver.net/mob_db.php?mob_id=2092&small=1&back=1
Its not dangerous for the duo and it drops a Bradium Ring, +1STR +1Vit +5Attack and with one slot.

The beauty of Soul Linker + Ninja in New World is that you don't require time to invest to level a rebirth, neither time/money to invest in equipment for both. The only problem comes from the Ninja's items to cast shit, besides that all is PROFIT. Keep in mind that this place, New World, is a hard as fuck place where only end game bitches can go and farm. The only thing people with no end game items can farm are Pinguiculas and Nephenthes, you'll find maybe snipers farming those.

post-renewal safety wall is still useful, just not outright broken like pre

(impressive)

New Thread

8ch.net/v/res/10049556.html

What from TOS should RO be taking from?