OG Doom Thread

Let's have an OG doom thread. I've been trying to play them again since I beat The Ultimate Doom and Doom 2, but I can't find a working torrent and the link in pic related no longer works. Anybody know of a working torrent/drop/online file storage?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=52164
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60585504/inflames.wad
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12973
strawpoll.me/10426064
doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/jpcp
mediafire.com/download/tljbs5qsabowb8y/doomiwads.zip
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Eternal reminder that HDoom is shit.

V7 came out, bruh.

Just tried out Back to saturn X after finishing UAC ultra, already finished the sixth level, fucking awesome, love the colors, soundtrack and background.

But there was only one Doom game ???

working through d2twid, getting fucked over on map 24 with that hallway of revenants, even if you just trigger their platforms by inching over the edge just enough. only two attack then and i still got fucked, homing bullshit wrecking my ass i don't know how many days i've been stuck. ultra-violence by the way.

well i got passed that by gaming it but died to something even worse beyond, wew.

Im pretty sure I left consciousness for a few moments

It's pretty good

And this was when I really learned what not investing a higher end CPU does. GPU is great, but man I fucked up with a less than stellar CPU.

I still can't get the .wads from that source. I keep getting a 403 and none of the torrents I've tried are working due to lack of seeds.

The lag wears off after a moment, especially if you just spam the superweapons to cut down the enemy numbers

Why? Because anime?

Never thought I had a thing for musclegrills but then those Barons of Hell showed up

Nuts 1 and 2 are fairly playable, 3 isn't.

Reusing one anime face instead of having more variety, later designs are shit tier.

Doom is so easy to find that it hurts. Come on, man. Do a google search or something.

Or just buy it from Steam. It's cheap as hell and it's nice to see in your library.

woo we back.
brutaldum enemies in any wad now.

Watch how he plays. He plays the game as if it were a cover-shooter.

Who cares? He does OK. I used to play Doom online a long time ago and plenty of people moved like he does.

watch how you don't play doom on higher difficulties :^D

I play on Ultra Violence because it's normal difficulty. Nightmare isn't hard, it's nightmare.

I wonder if there are any Touhou-themed Doom mods…

lol

forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=52164

Never not going to be put off by the enemies exploding like fucking pinatas of health and shit.

There is a Touhou megawad where Doomguy goes to Gensokyo, but the actual levels are poorly made, and the enemies and weapons are barely Touhou-related.

I would prefer an actual Touhou Doom in the style of this.

There is…
Touhou Doom…
And it's fucking terrible.

Plays best with Demonsteele though.

The game has the option to switch the behavior of the enemies between classic Doom and NuDoom, so I think you could turn off health piñatas in the settings.

actually highlights how boring and awful D44M is. the music is lazy shit. the guns are floofy and boring. even the chainsaw is lame, how do you make a chainsaw lame.

also some of those scenes have more monsters than D44M allows on screen at once, haaaah

ask Poulan.

Still on BTSX, i just noticed how some glowing blue stuff is lighter

You people should watch a playthrough of the OG doom levels in doom 4. This shit looks a thousand times better.

Made a wad because I was bored. Map02 is still a WIP.
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60585504/inflames.wad

The layout is inventive and really good, but the whole thing needs a lot more polish. The lighting in the starting room looks a tad off and just plain ugly, you should reexamine how it's placed. The imp box is pretty creative, but he doesn't move out of his starting spot, and can't throw fireballs either. Textures need to be diversified, most obviously in the diner setup in the bottom right, but a bit more detail in the central helipad would be fine too. Speaking of which, the ambush could use more than just a few imps and a bunch of pinkies, and that pinkie in the top right is just dull. Overall, the individual room encounters are great and show off a lot of creativity, but there's little to no flow between them, and the whole thing feels somewhat inorganic. That kind of organic essence is the real core of any Doom map, and it needs refinement here. Overall, you clearly have a lot of innate talent, and if you improve on the designs you have it could be a fucking fantastic map.

You can turn off monster pinatas. I can confirm.

HOW?

so now that this is out, will we stop having retarded threads about Doom 4?

I'm pretty sure Trailblazer has support for both Heretic and Hexen.

It bothers me that smooth doom and anything else which uses its weapon animations has doomguy wearing a glove while punching, instead of just brass knuckles.

recommend me something fun.

Vanilla Doom 2

Heretic support is built-in. Also Hexen. It even has the IWAD detection for Strife, though full Strife support isn't in currently.

forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12973

I am so gonna run this over Heretic when I get home

what threads? they forgot about it a week after it came out. you could set a clock to a fad gamer's attention span.

Thanks for the criticism, I think I can do a remake of that map with what you've said in mind. The imp box works fine when I test/play it, but I think it has something to do with me using GZDoom. Any specific things you would recommend I add/change to make it flow better?

Is there a DOOM wad that features different versions and incarnations of hell from pop culture? something like gay satan from South Park or that Adam Sandler movie about the son of satan and all that.

Best doom megawad? Best doom megawad!
strawpoll.me/10426064

You posted this 2 months ago here and in cuckchan, quit your datamining shit.

I honestly don't know.

after fucking around with that Doom 4 mod i just had to play a gameplay mod that was actually enjoyable. i decided to play some Project MSX and it was just what i needed. its like a mix of FEAR, Halo, and Crysis although with more Doom-y enemies. all it needs is the ridiculous ninja kicks from FEAR, and the helmet HUD to be optional. UPDATE NEVER EVER

there was a pause then the threads started to come back, the most recent one was the OP complaining about the DRM not letting him play the game that he bought due to some lockout period.

The japs just released the final version for their 32 map megawad. It has some pretty fucking cool maps like 03, 05 and 06. I still haven't finished it but I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

Not bad at all. I'll try to be as concise as I can because I'm drunk as fuck.
Map01: lacks a lot of detail in the central helipad, you'd think such an important landmark would be more detailed, I liked the fight there and the surrounding two rooms, one high other low, that exit into it.
I liked the observation room with the stairs overlooking the helipad, but I though that the rooms in general could use more shading and detail.
The corridors had some pretty eficient shading.
The pinkie trap was perhaps too gentle with the player, but I guess it can be seen as a strenght for an easy first map to amp up difficulty as the wad progresses.

Map02: a couple of HOMs but since it's a WIP it doesn't matter much.
The payoff for the big fight is completely out of place for such an easy fight, it's hard to even lose health in the first place unless you are a polygon employee and you're left drowning in ammo and pickups. Fuck with the player in that one, add a monster closet at the corridor leading to that room full of the nastiest shit to obstruct kiting players. Fill the actual fight with more shit.

is trailblazer well balanced or does it make you overpowered? Thinking of playing through a wad with it.
Also is it just me or is doom2 reloaded kinda meh?

Pretty overpowered imo. Some of the weapons like dual wielded submachine guns or the minigun will basically cut through a crowd of monsters like they're fucking nothing. There's more unbalanced stuff out there though.

Balancedly overpowered.
It's no Russian Overkill or Guncaster, but it's got enough of a punch to make you feel badass.

You mean the Minigun+Browning MG?

here you go
mediafire.com/download/tljbs5qsabowb8y/doomiwads.zip

Funny enough, run Nuts 3 on prboom+ and it runs fine. Well, mostly fine, it drops down to 30-ish fps but that's way better than any of the ZDoom port branches.

I mean the one that shoots out sparks when you shoot.

JPCP is fucking rad and one of my favorite megawads, and not just because of hanging with the authors.

There's some really creative ideas and really creative maps in there.

Yeah, that is the Skullthrottle Minigun. v1.3 of the mod adds gun upgrades, and the Skullthrottle Minigun's is the addition of a Browning MG wielded in the left hand while the Skullthrottle is in the right. Primary advantage of the upgrade, besides doing stupid more damage, is that the Browning fires instantly, so you can fire it off while the Skullthrottle is still spinning up prior to firing.

Oh, I remember checking the update out but I never played past 5 minutes because I was too hooked on Demonsteele at the time.

Though the opening maps are a bit weak this is a fun mappack (and really freaking pretty at times, like Map 28).
Pretty much any map made by Nanka Kurashiki and Toooooasty are made of fun.

Other than that, the mappack is perfect.

Thanks for the critique, also really fucking fun wad. Playing through that shit right now.

Best megawad?

strawpoll.me/10426064

Wish I could into Doom modding and sprite animation

appearantly japanese play Doom too

lol

Make it anyway. I can't into spriting at all and I still make stuff.
There's a whole ton of different sprites out there people have already made, you can do a lot with those.

You're right, now to get over my horrible tendency to procrastinate