password:TheDoctorIsIn

EU AND US SHARE ONLINE SERVERS, STOP ASKING

Resources:

>Weapon tutorials and more: youtube.com/channel/UCT84SVapAfSSD_iMfpKbFbA/videos

>Information on item droprates, skills, monsters, etc: kiranico.com/en/mh4u

>MH Wiki: monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Wiki

>MH4U Relic Chart: i.imgur.com/KJezI7p.png

>MH4U Relic Chart Detailed version: i.imgur.com/qwPzsnw.png

>MH4U Relic Spreadsheet: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-oyh86FG6V4-T5zegGIZuX0b-_tyy7_TIe8Wv8jkfZE/htmlview?pli=1&sle=true#gid=1520165799

>MH4U Moveset Charts: imgur.com/a/oPuKD

>How many times will I have to hunt in order to get _?: desiresensor.com/

>Ping's MH4G Dex: sites.google.com/site/pingsdex/pingsmh4gdex

>Athena's ASS for MH4G and MH4U: forums.minegarde.com/topic/7348-athenas-ass-for-mh4g-and-mh4u/

>Attack Stat Stack Chart: i.imgur.com/sSRW7q6.png

>Kinsect Flowchart: i.imgur.com/wD2OUug.png

>Kinsect Ingredients list: i.imgur.com/qf79jKs.png

>Arena Armor Recipes and Requirements : pastebin.com/kvLN7Fni

>Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/8chmohun

>Hunting Music: monhun.corgiorgy.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/VNtSN
please
gamefaqs.com/boards/642342-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/69513415
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Nargacuga
archive.is/lFEQr
mhgen.kiranico.com/item/might-seed
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I WANNA PET THE MONSTERS!

Monster Hugger Never.

The Rath fights have the shittiest, laziest mechanics in each game and are genuinely not fun to fight.

I just wanted to have fun but I haven't even cleared 2* and I'm already hit with the dread.

no, its too early for this, why has poogie forsaken me

Play more than an hour into the game.

Nope there is still differences between them. Some do and some don't.

There's also a joke about gaijinhunter

That was really cool and then really disappointing. Captured him in 7 minutes with aerial insect glaive by just getting red and then catapult-slashing through his head over and over again. You move so fast and cover so much distance with that move, that he's lucky if he ever even manages to face the right direction before you're already spinning at his face again. Hits three times too, jesus christ.
I couldn't stand this weapon in 4U, but now I'm in love.

Also
ONE JOB

Is glaive playable in the early game? In 4U, the bug was too slow too be effective until you'd maxed out the glaive entirely.

It's easy enough to gather speed jelly for your Kinsect to make it viable early on.

prowlers are the real heroes of this game

I've been playing it since the start, and it's been fantastic. Overpowered, even.
The bug starts out slow as shit, but it's super easy to level compared to 4U. While it was still slow, I'd just launch the bug from up the monster's nose to get the red juice.
Aerial style is so unbelievably mobile, though. Your R+B launches you halfway across a zone in a flipping deathslash.

Back in X i had to farm 15+ kut-ku's to get all the ears. I've skipped wanting to get his armor in gen but I've ended up fighting 10 of him and have still only gotten 1 ear.
Fuck kut-ku, the smug prick.

How do I get a butterfly beetle in gen?

In previous games, I think it's been from Hunters for Hire.

Not sure what that is, I haven't played since MHFU.

When you play with people online, they appear in your Hunters for Hire list (the Hire button on the map screen). You send out their NPC clone hunters to gather shit for you like a second Meownster Hunters thing.

I finally have a pc capable of emulating Tri perfectly, but it's uhh a bit underwhelming at the start. When does the real game start?

I like the Sandy Plains better than both of them.

hey nigs where do you harvest traq mushrooms? Cant find a single one

just got generations, and I'm feeling the switch axe this time though, what am I in for Holla Forums?
also, aerial style seems hilariously dumb from what Ive done so far

Once you can hunt the Qurupeco (Or even Great Jaggi) the game starts to pick up. Gathering quest are boring as hell and they lay on way too many in the beginning.

I had more trouble getting the webbings than the ears. I had like 4 beaks by the time I finished my set.

Aerial is dumb, you shouldn't use it :^)

Where do I find Rhenoplos?

Get the patch that lets you play high rank, else you'll be stuck with only 40% of the game's content

Really? Why though? He's not even that popular.

Source?

I thought I loved the switch axe, but the charge blade is amazing. Which monster should I grind to get a good one ?

If it's a single hunt, the rule is always "Didn't get the Victory Music, didn't get the Kill"

Don't believe Gypceros' lies!

Is this game for PC

It was a hunt for killing bugs, the gypceros was extra.

I recognize that mushroom manga

No, but you can always pirate toukiden.

Some are, not all.

Can someone explain to me what this means?
as a new player I'm just really confused

I thought that was just merely a hint to talk to some npc hunter in the game.

1-STAR HUNTER HUB QUESTS, FAGS
06-6529-7887-6763

Bring flash bombs

The git gud thing felt appropriate at least. It dismissed it for actual advice, that being get familiar with the monster's pattern. Git gud is essentially short for "at least try to experiment and understand the game, you dumbfuck", and the dialogue ultimately tells you to do just that. It's probably unintentional though.

Took me a solid 2 minutes to figure out they meant the fat snow wombat. WEW.

I thought that too, but I can see it as a reference to GH too.

lol

Same guy as last night.
MH4U:31-6068-0598-8493
Pass:6969
Doing G3 quests

Anyone up for some FU?
I'm in low rank with the guild still.

Now that there's Moofy and Poogie, who do I pray to for good carves?

no one
/me tips headgear

Look at this edge lord.

theres certain quests when they're all completed, activate the urgent quest, you don't have to do every quest in the bracket to move on to the next star/rank

Being a fedora never got anyone good carves user

Whoops, new room code:48-7222-5066-3330
no password.

I'm enlightned by my own hunting abilities already.

pc when? ;_;

Go play MHFU or P3rd on ppsspp, or Tri on dolphin, user.

wait, what's that link in the OP?

It's to pirate gen on 3ds cfw, I think. There's no stable emulation for 3ds yet as far as I know.

General consensus seems to be that Moofy is the new lord of the desire sensor.

;_;

Fenny is a false idol, praise Poogie and only Poogie.
Heretics we will mercilessly be fed to Jaggis.

God dammit i meant to delete that 'we'.

I feel your pain

what if a man were to turn his back on these gods

Moofy is the one true herald of the desire sensor!

You can emulate the PC ones

It didn't feel appropriate at all. It was a pathetic jab at the players and it demonstrated how the writers for the foreignization have absolutely no idea what they're talking about considering they literally say "'git gud' is bad advice, no one should do that, you should just git gud" Most importantly, it's not a translation - they just freely rewrite whatever they want instead of doing their fucking job. Hell, they go out of their way to say the OPPOSITE of what the text actually says to push their "don't improve at video games be a worthless shitter like us" agenda. Here's a bit that the multiplayer quest giver says:

"Of course, you can also take on Quests
aimed at multiple hunters by yourself,
but that's just crazy talk!"

For reference, the original:

多人数向けクエストとは言っても
1人で行くこともできますから、
お気軽に挑戦してくださいね。

"Although we say they're quests aimed at multiple people you can still go alone, so please challenge them freely."

Add in the usual gratuitous renames to jack up the cost of the localization project and the fact that the text is littered with shitty non-jokes and "hurr people in MonHun land are drug addicts" shit, and it's just an offensively bad localization, and I hope to god those of you playing this instead of the original or the fantrans are at least pirating it.

Frontier and Online don't really count from what I've gathered.

Is no one playing 4U anymore?

I mistyped, heretic. The day of the Jaggi is coming.

Why would you want the Jaggis to choke on fur?

They have it hard enough already what with their dad walking out on them.

I can't hear you over the sound of Jaggi enjoying pork chops, apostate.

Yeah, followed by saying 'git gud' in layman's terms anyway. I get they put a meme where they should have translated, but I'm just stating the facts here.

The lobby is still open.
Wake up and smell the fun.

Yes, and the fact is they not only refused to do their job, they then try to act witty and cheeky but only prove they have zero idea what they're talking about. It's the same sort of godawful "using the script of a game as a platform to air your blog-tier shit as a way to try and make it sound like it has more authority by being in a piece of media people have a chance of reading" faggotry that makes, say, Treehouse fucking cancer. The Western foreignization industry needs to burn to the fucking ground.

reminder that there's a discord for people hunting to talk and coordinate
discord.gg/VNtSN

Localization isn't all bad, but this kind of shit is just cancer.
for example, acceptable localization would be character names, un-translatable jokes and references, but all of those require some level of sensibility not to put memes and unfunny jokes in their places, and after "pickles" i think we can all agree treehouse can burn in a fucking forest fire.

Admittedly I don't play games in anything but their original languages to begin with so my only basis is what gets posted around these parts, but I would argue that by definition "localization" is bad - things like dealing with un-translatable jokes and references has always fallen within the purview of "translation." As far as I'm concerned, "localization" is a neologism that simply appropriates aspects of translation as a justification for a wider practice of rewriting text as one sees fit, whether out of a desire to satisfy one's ego by placing "their mark" on the work, to push some agenda or other, or simply laziness. From what I gather too, the video game "localization" industry actively encourages this sort of rampant muckery due to the fact that companies get paid more the more they rewrite and alter, rather than getting paid more for doing a good translation. It's a cancerous industry, and it needs to be purged.

Doing HR1 Key quests if anyone wants to join
47-5797-2224-8963
pw is 8888

Fuck you, Yian.

oh gee i wonder who's gonna show up

Each village has you do a quest that's straight up the "title monster intro" quest from the title they're from, down to having the same quest name and goal at least in Japanese, no idea about in the Western version in which you get introduced to one of the Four Heavenly Kings monsters instead You can fight and kill them in said quest, but near as I can tell they have double the normal health, since it took me about 40 minutes to kill each with the same gear I used in their "real" quests, where I took 20.

no
localization is as the word says, you are making it "local" you're basically westernizing it
theres different levels of localization
barebones localization is sometimes needed for translation otherwise the writing is going to come off as odd and clunky, or unfunny, boring or not making sense

a good localization team will try to replace a joke with something similar in nature as to not let go of all meaning; part of not being making a shit localization is actually being funny, which treehouse is not.

this is bad localization
this is the kind of cancer that needs to be purged

Which is pretty liberal rewriting.

Again, other way around - that's always fallen under the term "translation," and has been appropriated by "localizers" to try and lend credibility to their practices.

Except there are still degrees to it. Example: instead of saying Sasuke-kun like they do in Japan, they instead say Sasuke in the English version. That's pretty reasonable. Changing rice into doughnuts or sushi into hamburgers, even when you can still see the original images is fucking dumb.

Okay guess I'll just drink then.

You could make your own room you know.

I might join if you do, that's assuming the game doesn't decide to throw 20 more gathering quests at me after I finish these supposed last few for village 2.

sorry man we had 4 then one dude left mid hunt

It's alright I'm in now. -Arashi

Dropping honorifics is, again, part of translation. Also did they ever even call Sasuke with a -kun? Doesn't seem like it'd match Goemon

Left so you can go on to rank 2 hunts, w/o doing all the key quests for me Good luck Ragnar

i've been mostly using adept LS so far, what's something else fun to play with while i'm still doing village quests?

anyone here using aerial? it seems the most gimmicky but i haven't tried it yet and aerial SA seems kinda neato

I remember when I first fell for that too

I assumed since I could walk through it and carve it, the thing was dead.

It always worked in MH4U

One-star going-on two-star is open.
06-6529-7887-6763

No one's coming, eh? Oh well.

Equal Dragon Weapon never ever.

Which book is the source of this? I want to buy it

Any help for the Astalos one? I never liked the egg quests at the best of times, and trying to run from homing lighting pillars aggravates the situation.

Are you just trying to finish it, or trying to kill him at the same time? I wouldn't bother with the latter personally just because delivery quests are terrible enough as is and I wouldn't want to repeat it because of going overtime fighting the monster, but if you're up for it, the best thing I can recommend is to deliver the first egg, then just focus on taking out the monster. If Raizex runs off, grabbing another egg should make him come chasing you, to save you the trouble of running after him. Personally, I find Aerial style works wonders against him simply because it makes it so easy to weave through most of his close range attacks.

if you dont double tap L to lock on you dont know SHIT about vidya

It would look stupid in game anyways.

Better pic, scan actually.

Monster hunter Illustrations volume 1

Monster Hunter Illustrations, they're really nice, big books. Think that is from the first one.
Can't wait for the new one to come over, I want to see what their concepts for shit like the Dalamadur was.

If done well, I certainly wouldn't mind running for my life from a shambling, broken down, but still overwhelmingly powerful thing like that. It'd be part Dark Souls, part Devil Gundam.

Got it, I know the bookstore nearby had some of the arbtooks but I think it might've just been the Hunter Encyclopedias. I'll take a look though, thanks!

low rank Yian cuck ku farm
13-8083-9442-2715
public because what ever

Hunting some chameleos in MH4U
ID:40-4501-4365-7913
password:2222

OP, the titlekey for the USA version of MHG is available now. You don't need to link a cia for it anymore, just include this qr code. Anyone with FBI can scan it and it'll download and install it for them.

Wait, so FBI can download stuff now too?

Nice, I'll be sure to post it. from now on.

Yes. The updated app is pretty awesome.

what is the fastest quest to reset palico NPCs and farm? I assume its the kelbi horn one like the last few games

i coulda lived without nibblesnarf returning

I really hate Nibelsnarf and Volvidon.

i love fighting volvidon, funny enough

i was trying out aerial switch axe against nibblecunt, fuck that guy

Who invited the shit taste squad in?

Nibel and Volvi are great

Nibelsnarf is my favorite monster to hunt.

My brother of a different mother.

Is it possible to create a viable prowler and oculd someone tell me what to use? I know the skills are mega boomerang and pierce boomerang, but isn't there some charge rate increase move? How do I get that? Are there other skills to remember and equip? What moves should i have?

I don't like any Arzuros skeleton monster and I hate every monster that burrows in sand. At least Nibelsnarf isn't as bad as Diablos or Cuckadrome because he'll eat bombs, but it's still shit pacing.

(me)

Any tips on chopping off narga's tail? I've damaged it, and from what I rememeber, he has to have the spikes out in order for the tail to be chopped off, but the problem is that he doesn't stay in rage mode for more than 20 seconds.
I've tried hucking sonics at him and whatnot, but I really don't know what to do to piss him off.

Also he seems a lot slower and less aggressive than in previous games. I feel like I'm fighting barioth.

I'm pretty sure I forgot Cool Drinks too and just fucking ran with it. Shit was basically the worst hunt ever.

That's retarded and so is whoever told you that.

Really? You can chop his tail when he's not in rage mode?
Well, that makes things much easier.

In previous games, I always made sure he was raging before I went for his tail, but I'm learning bugstick and having some problems with timing my red juice with his mini-rage tantrums.

I'll try it vanilla and see how it goes. Thanks, user.

nah, that goes to the user from 4U who had a gypceros steal his traps on a capture mission

it's true though, unless they changed it for gen because 'muh wider audience'. Tail won't come off unless in rage, you can only damage the scales out of rage

And mining jhen's back healed him. Seems you've been speckledwarfed.

Just grabbed it, fuck this is nice. Anywhere I can find repositories of QR codes?

Just like mining Jhen Mohran heals him right :^)

Hmm, see this is what I thought, too.
Fuck it, I'll play it safe and tiptoe around until he gets mad again. Accidentally winning before I get that tail tip would feel worse than carting.

please use archive.is/2016/07/13/three-palico-prowler-builds-make-life-easier-monster-hunter-generations/

This guide seems to tell you what you need, but i'll be damned if I understand how to teach all this to one palico.

how many traps? In 4u you can easily stack 4xplayers + 2 for a total of 18 traps, plus something like 60+ tranq bombs. Cap quests are nothing like they used to be
I love gypceros though, non-raptor bird wyverns are easliy the most fun enemies to fight, mechanically.

no this is actually an established mechanic, I'm pretty sure an npc even mentions it somewhere. Otherwise just test it out yourself

I've played 3U for over 500 hours fam, you can cut it just fine at any time.

Straight from the wiki by the way

Source(s):
gamefaqs.com/boards/642342-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/69513415

monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Nargacuga

yeah well I've played 3U for over 800 hours and you can only cut it in rage, you're probably just totally unaware of what you're doing since you only group play with kelbi stingshot

(post deleted)

Well yeah I've played 3U for over 1500 days and I can tell you that you can cut it at any time.
You're probably unaware of what you're doing since you're not playing with 3 low-rank longsword users tripping you all the time while you yourself use a low rank weapon and armor that gives you demonic blessing and defense- while not using any items and being in G-Rank event quests that have the monsters do even more damage

I don't know what the fuck is real anymore, but I just chopped his tail off while the spikes were extended after a tail slam, so I guess I'll continue wondering for a while.
Two more tailspikes to go and I can finally upgrade from my god damn starter petrified rod insect glaive to one that isn't complete ass.

f-fug, I've only ever done that in high rank armor, y-you win

well i've played 3U for 6 millenia and i'll have you know that you can only cut nargas tail when the the blood red moon shines crimson and your third eye is open

What is this gradeschool?
I personally coded all of MH3U and drew all the concept art WHILE modeling the monsters and playtesting it, and I just looked at the code right now and
cut_tail_while_enraged_only is set to false.

room for narga hunting
63-4968-7108-3704

i can't put the chamberlyne out of the job like that

Alright, geez mods.

archive.is/lFEQr

I've put hundreds of hours in MHFU and never noticed that, but I guess that's because he's usually in rage mode 50% of the time - if his rage mode was more rare it'd be easier to notice his tail coming right off the moment you swing at it after he enters rage.

I just got monster hunter generations today, anyone want to start a new character with me?

The game just came out, most people haven't even beaten village.

what are you, a gay

Spotted the new friend :^)

It's automatic, I know. Just expressing frustration at "the man" not letting me post my indonesian cat tutorials.

oh god all those builds are awful.
who the fuck would use those… oh wait silicon era

I don't know my cats, I just use my default and whatever skill sounds like it will make it easier for me to stab the monster.

is your room still up?

Now to figure out how to clownsuit maximum Attack Up with maximum Critical Eye…

Niggas who think they need that shit need to leave.

It's like this is peoples' first monster hunter or something

Min-maxing is another layer of fun, and it's what makes clownsuiting interesting. I don't know how worthwhile it is to trick out your palicos, though. How much do they even contribute to a fight beyond comic relief and extra gathers?

YES

Are you able to charge aerial greatsword? I heard it was good but charging does not seem to work and I don't know if I am just retarded. Any advice to play with aerial greatsword? I usually use it every game but I wanted to try something new.

Naw, clownsuiting is fine for Hunters because the combinations are vastly variable. The problem is when play is homogenized, like with the fucking guild quests in 4U, from the G Rank shitters begging to be taken out on certain GQs to the servers being filled to burst with lv.140 Rajang rooms.

The issue was people obsessing over min maxed weapon strats thinking that trumps actual skill at hunting, which is what I envision (and what has already began) happening with Prowler Mode.

Palicos are as you said, but Prowler Mode is really good if you're gud, but people don't wanna git, which is the problem

Hold the charge button when you're at your peak midair, and it'll be charged the moment before you hit the ground, release the charge there.

It's baffling how people THIS BAD can get to G rank. Someone save me from the torture please.

Is there a way to jump in midair without terrain? It does not seem to work off the dodge.

3 traps a hunt + 20 mega pots + flash bombs can bring anyone to g-rank, really.

Anyone wanna help me grind out these moonlashes in 4U?
It's pure hell with randos.

I'm never ever letting go of this thing. Just doing flybys and lopping off tails and breaking wings as I go and her AI has no idea what the fuck is going on, shooting fireballs the wrong way and tail-somersaulting at nothing and whatnot.

Eat shit, Rathian, you most overplayed piece of shit hunt in the series.

To pull of aerial maneuvers, you have to vault (dodge into) off of:

From there you can do attacks and the like.

not really. the problem is Prowler is literal garbage unless you build for boomerangs, they can't build gauge fast enough otherwise.
Also they have almost no defense and they have a really slow melee that does very little damage.

I mean you can get other things like bombs/tank/whatever but the issue arises when you don't have the literal most important skill Piercing boomerang

29-3046-3644-9668
pass is 8888
HR2 or higher
if you got like 1 quest before HR1 urgent thats okay too

Thanks. The time to charge does not seem enough though. Am I doing something wrong? It seems only the first or second charge activates. I most likely need the fast charge skill right?

I might be in too early to notice then, because I haven't had all that much trouble with not getting hit. I also noticed that there are very specific points on a monster you have to hit do do good damage in prowler. I might just not be in it long enough

Aerial charge with weapons takes you right into charge 2 and you get a charge 3 before you touch down, which is why it looks weird. But if you're getting off that last charge, you're doing it right.

It's the usual spots for your weapon, the problem is against monsters… that you know move at Highrank Prowlers die in one or two hits, so unless you really like running to base camp to get acorns back, it's not really viable as much as they're dead weight because they do so little with their melee

MH4U Chameleos.
ID:06-9021-5411-6257

god they really did take a shit on HH this gen with arts

If it's the Skill that restores more health by removing statuses, it's all buffs or debuffs, so poison or element damages as well as things like Hot or Cooler Drinks or item buffs as well.

How good is striker greatsword? It seems like it loses its stronger charge moves.

Stryker is simplified "baby mode" style that removes most of a weapon's moves and combos and replaces it with the ability to spam arts. That's all it's for.

Where the fuck do you get Might Seeds? Kiranico's site says there's a fixed spawn for them in Verdant Hills Area 1, but I scoured that fucking area like a hawk and didn't get a single one.

mhgen.kiranico.com/item/might-seed

So it is kind of the more basic style? I heard it was good for SnS and that was it, but I though I should ask just in case.

Try deserted island instead. That's where I got some might seeds when I needed to upgrade a weapon.

For dual blades should I go adept or aerial? And what hunter arts would be the best fit? I've been rolling with adept and aerial slam with little to no problems but I'm curious what other anons are going with.

You have bad luck. If you have one you can multiply it at the trader.

where are the wyverian lolis?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm sure he means an actually good one.

citra working with mh when?

Anyone of you want to join up? I'm just starting HR1

PC Monster Hunter that isn't a Chinese shitheap never ever, it's a console/handheld thing looking like it's gonna be exclusively handheld

I went on two trips, got no Might Seeds.

Next trip, I got 4.

At least it averages out to 1 per run, I guess.

What style should I use with SnS? I was thinking Aerial because it's already a fairly mount-happy weapon style, plus it has trouble hitting monsters when they're flying.

Also, regarding the charge blade, do people just not like it because the Ultra is slightly more difficult to build/pop off quickly?

Is there a list of actual additions/removals or motion/damage value changes to charge blade from MH4 to MH4U to MHX I can check out somewhere?

Most worthwhile games have come out on the DS/3DS or PSP/Vita for the last decade, this is nothing new.

There's no point in the ultra anymore (does the same damage as a normal phial finisher) and the red-shield buff has no visible timer for when you lose the buff from what I remember

That seems like a non-issue

It was almost always better to use the super instead of the ultra anyway, so that's honestly not much of a change

I dunno about you but I like knowing when the buff's gonna go away

Can't you charge it up to last like 6 minutes?

And I know DPS is important and all but if you're absolutely only restocking the shield charge when you're five seconds from losing it, you're going to run into plenty of trouble anyway.

I can live without it I think.

is there any like fishing upgrades for the farm? I really dont wanna have to fish

Yes, you can farm the fish

God damn it feels good to be gangster.

Doing HR1 key quests

12-8763-8656-4834

Kek, though everyone else in the thread is saying the HH is worse in generations.

I haven't a clue of where to find them, i just know of the functionality. I expect the folks in the 3ds homebrew threads to know however.

I wish we got to know more lore of the land as long as it isnt butchered by the localisation

Also where is the nekojo doujin

>single jaggia moms looking for hot alpha

HH had its stun value drastically reduced, so it's garbage for trying to KO now. If all you want are damage and buffs though, it's still really good at both of those.

Nibelsnarf is a QT

That is the most disgusting non-ironic fanart i saw in a while

absolutely disgusting
theres only one pure qt

NO.

The only good thing about monster hunter waifus is that i can murder them in my own copy of the game.

Reminds me, I got a rathian model when I bought MHgen off Nintendos website.
Also a piece of a Glavenus but in right red plastic which looks somewhat tacky, but I assume is some collectors bonus or something?

Combined my piece with pieces from a few of my friends that did the same thing and now we have all but a single leg.
Is there a way to get the last piece without buying multiple figurines?

Yeah I wanted the rathian got the cute bat instead
Apparently you need one of every monster in that version set to build the Glavenus

you cant murder my new waifu

This shit is fucking retarded. Who thought it was a good idea to let me get to red spirit gauge with less than a quarter of a bar and barely 30 seconds into the hunt?

We'll have to wait for Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for them to add in G-Rank and balance out the styles, it looks like.
With the exception of Guild style which is just normal, the other styles are either brokenly OP or totally useless. It's like they came up with the idea of styles and arts a week before launch and just crammed them into the game without even testing them.

Aerial style is fun as fuck though.

the Arts too, range fucking wildly, unfortunately this means that striker is useless on a vast majority of weapons.

Really it feels like the new shit they just shat out without any thought put into it.

oh right they also claim they're not doing a U/G version because this isn't a mainline

Who thought the GL heat gauge was a good idea?

No, they claimed they're not doing those kind of rerelease/update versions as a whole, for MonHun in general, and even their other franchises - including Street Fighter, a series whose entire identity is built on such versions needless to say, take it with a grain of salt

But how can I get my monhun fix if I don't get the same game with a spit-polish every single year?

I don't have a problem with it
Just keep it in the red

It's just frustrating how it gets 10% decrease in power in yellow but only 5% increase in red. At least Dragon Breath solves that problem but it overheats the weapon.

Now now, that's hardly fair we had like all of one year without a release in 2012, with 3G in 11 and 4 in 13

It was horrible.

Where can I find some Bealite ore? I wanna upgrade my Iron Great Sword to level 3 before I go online.

Deserted Island

Do the event palico hub quest for the 20 moofa fur, lots of Bealite to mine in that area early on, can be easily done offline too.

Okay thanks

Oh sweet, I just unlocked that actually. Thanks then user!

While I'm here, I don't suppose you guys know what item I need to be able to craft a Protection decoration? I want to get this Demon's Blessing off my Bullfango set.

Yeah, fuck this shit. And fuck you too, Crapcom.

Whack them once each to get the shiny drop (horn/fur) then leave the area. As long as you don't kill them, they should always instantly respawn when you zone back in.

Also use a bladed weapon. Blunt weapons increase horn drops over fur drops and vice versa.

Can't decide between that and Gypceros prowler

Which mon would you have sex with Holla Forums?

They both need to lose weight badly. Those asses are disproportionately fat.

Seriously, attraction to morbidly obese ass is the worst thing the negro infected white culture with.

Fuck me. The pacing, among other things, is all out of wack in this game.
Not to mention the shitty intros and piss easy fights because of whatever the fuck they were smoking when they rebalanced everything.
At least Prowler is entertaining.

Bypass it all with some Jaggi pieces and 4 attack gems.

Oh sweet, okay then. Uhhh lets see…Bulldrome Helm/Chest/Legs and Jaggi Arms/Waist? Or is it the other way around?

Like >>10100570 says, blunt weapons are gonna give you horns all day, a bladed one will give you fur more likely than not. When you're given the quest, the girl mentions that you need some "shears" or something along those lines even. Of course, that's a really fucking roundabout way of saying "use a bladed weapon"

What, you don't like having 10 billion non-hunting quests at the start of the game in a long running series about hunting?

For the village version of that quest, the girl says "if you have a cutting weapon this will be easy!"

Fuck thats going to break some people.

they aren't fat though. they may have natural weird fat stores but if they lost any weight it wouldn't come from their ass. if they gained weight they would gain it all in their ass, then everywhere else.

they are cursed tbh. once they get to 30-40 they will look nasty unless they work really really hard to not gain weight and saggy skin.

Whats it like to be programmed as nu-male?

have you remembered your speech exercises to soften your voice patterns to sound less like a dangerous male xir?

Went ahead and made my Iron Sword a Buster Sword, since it was only a few more ore for better sharpness. Gonna make that Bulldrome/Jaggi set and then dive into the online lobbies

Ah, that's what it was then. So they tell you outright unless you ignore text from NPCs like I tend to do unless I see red letters.

This game has so many goddamn bear ass fetch quests it made my head spin. It's even more ridiculous when I remember that they poked fun at the tedium of fetching mushrooms in 4U.

Pick one.

Bulldrome head, arms, and legs. Jaggi chest and waist.

I'm so glad I pushed through and finished 1* and 2*. Going forward, the quest lists look much leaner, and with more meat than veg.

I always do blademaster and gunner seperately

I can feel the burnout overtaking me.

I'm pretty sure the body doesn't work like that. You can't loose fat from one spot of the body. When you loose fat you loose it everywhere evenly.
If their asses and thighs are that big while the rest of them isn't then that's their natural proportion.

You might also want to look up what morbid obesity or even just obesity actually is.

shit user, if you can channel that level of 'tism then I commend you

You're only doing it for you

FUCKING STAND STILL FOR A SECOND JESUS CHRIST THAT'S SNOW NOT COCAINE

Rajang is sleepwalking compared to Blangonga's non-stop high speed twitching. Just crazy.
I've also gotta gid gudder at my bugstick technique, because I end up having so many times where I'm standing still while my character does a 3-second twirling flourish, and I've gotta put a stop to that nonsense.
I wish this game wouldn't queue up commands though. I have to double-tap most button presses to make sure the first one registers (because when I single-tap it almost never registers), but half of the time that second tap registers and executes 1-2 seconds after I pushed the button. Frustrating, but it's been in the series as long as I can remember, so I just gotta keep dealing with it I suppose.

I just completed The Caravaneer's Challenge with 0 carts.
That was awesome.

It's very clear this whole game was more of a side project. Like I said, at least prowler mode makes all the fetching bearable, and as a result I just hit 80k zenny and 45k wy points.
Here I thought money would be an issue.
Also this weapon upgrade system is dumb as fuck.

Seriously, what the fuck is going on with this game?

I like the upgrade system. It lets you use any weapon you like all the way until the endgame. I was sick of the other games having less than 15 good weapons to use 600 hours in.

Yeah, the upgrade system is garbage. In order to upgrade from one branch to another, I had to collect the materials for two upgrades, then the sidegrade to the new branch, and then the materials for the first upgrade of the new branch just so that the new "upgraded" weapon wouldn't be massively inferior to the one I started with.

You shouldn't have to pay in so many materials to downgrade your shit. Every time you pay mats in, your weapon should get stronger. Period.

It's what the fans™ always wanted :^)

Yup as almost every person who played the JP version was saying MHG isn't as good as MH4/3

It wouldn't be so bad if the "level" carried over.
i.e. Petrified Blade lv3 → Defender lv3

They seem to just be experimenting a lot. The new upgrade system is pretty stupid. The old system worked just fine so I don't know why they had to fuck with it. Styles are cool but need some work. Not a fan of prowler mode, but that can mostly be ignored so it's fine. Arts are worthless mostly so they need to be dropped or reworked. I like that they are trying new things but some of it seems thoughtless.

Feels like a lot of committee decisions.

10 bucks says it's only gonna get worse.

Now do the Master's.

I'm still G2 user.
I've only heard of it this far.

I'm fucking with you man. Good job, took me ages. I still have to go back and beat Master's at all

Is any stilish bomber ITT?
I need tips on what armor to use in MH4U.

I'm thinking of using pic related, but it really sucks, should i just farm for evasion charms instead?
The Craftsman's Specs seem like a great idea but that requirement tho, not sure i wanna put myself through the hassle just yet.

Agreed. I don't mind experimenting, but fucking hell this is pretty bad.
:^)

I thought it was impossible to fight both zin and rajang at once, then i learned about smokebombs.
That super zinogre is nice tough, never fought one before.
With a nice ice weapon you should do it first try.

This weapon is fucking amazing.

I hate monsters like that so fucking much.
You spend most of your time running around unless you're a gunner/archer.

snb? Sword and Board as in Sword and Shield?

yes…I don't know know why I wrote that thinking "if I write sns people will mistake it for something else".

Do you make text emotes elsewhere or something? Maybe you thought someone would look at the n as a frown like in ono

Yields:

A charm w/ +8 ev. dist. up shouldn't be too hard to come by, if you want this skill.
And you could change Teo SnS for Crimson Fatty one easily for extra slots.
Could be tweaked, I guess but it's /fa/ as fuck.

What's a good way of making a lot of zenny?

The bulldrome has some seriously screwed hitboxes. Nothing that makes him a hard hunt, but still.

I'll admit i'm a sucked for appearance so i'll see what i prefer between a normal set and a mixed one

Adept HBG is the best fuckin thing around. That being said, is the Galvenus HBG any good? Currently using the Nibel HBG and it's pretty sick. Really digging the sound and grenade-launcher look. Please tell me there's a high-rank version of it for me to use. It's easily one of the best-looking in the game.

I'm gonna go full dakka dakka.

This wouldn't surprise me actually - main series has some protection from executive meddling since Tsujimoto is the son of the CEO or some shit, so the game done by a different team might fall outside the scope of his nepotism shield.

It's fuckin glorious. Has a low "thud" kind of sound, making it sound very similar to a tank or artillery cannon being fired. Extremely fun to use.

Level 6 High Rank Gathering Place quest where you have to gather 10 or more Coal while a Rajang chases you around. Gather 30 before turning it in and you get a shit ton of talismans as well as other shit, and most of them sell pretty well.

Farm talismans or rusted weapons, sell the excess talismans and weapons.

Has it? I didn't seem to notice.

MOTHERFUCKER.

Are there any alternatives? I can do it but since most people online are not at the point of farming charms it'll take longer than usual. Should try maybe fighting something like low rank Chameleos to make easy money quickly?

fucking kill yourselves

There are always other ways, but it's the one I recommend most because it lets you roll more on the RNG tables to try and get the talismans you want for builds later.

You should try an easier quest like rank 3's gather 3 popo tongues.

its a fucking miracle i tell you

He's gotta have some challenge. There's a large bull running wild in the forest, he should go take that on.

Does the Beruna Bow upgrade into anything worth using? DEX is wonky as fuck and no one's even bothering to make kiranico work.

Well if he wants some challenge then I recommend transporting 2 wyvern eggs. Transporting quests are always a bit tough.

Are you only allowed to teach a palico a single move and a single skill? If so, then I have to restart my plans to do this shit.

I tend to break parts with Aerial DS.

I have Gen, but should I get 4U? MHFU was my favorite MH game.

The sad part is how few people are going to realize what each of those three quests are references to, to the point of having the exact same quest names, and I THINK the same quest flavor text too

4U is really fucking good.

Yeah, I didn't know about the bull raging one. Since I skipped that game but the popo tongues and eggs sent off warning bells when I saw them

I say 4U is better then Gen at least.

Got SUPERIOR GREAT JAGGI too.

Quest recycling is Lame especially when it is the lame ones like Low Rank ""OH NO IM TRAPPED BY LAGOMBI!"

Will people still be playing 4U? Gen has more content, right?

Has anyone ever dismissed a cat in this game? I've seen videos and I don't think my heart can handle it

No to both.

Oh. She wants a MALE wyvern.

I wonder why on earth she would specifically request a MALE wyvern…

You can dismiss them withouth the cut scene.
You still hear their screams in the distance, tough

I remember someone counting and saying that gen had slightly more quests even without all the gathering ones.

Maybe she likes the coloration of its dick

Yes, each game is like final fantasy, they do enough different things to stay relevant. Want underwater fights? gotta play 3U, want frenzy virus? gotta play 4U, want styles? gotta play MHX and so on.

I think Gen has less Large Monsters too (The ones that actually matters) though and only edges out in total by having basically almost all of the small ones.

That's what I figured.

Also, is it normal for Lance hunts to take forever? Is it a defensive weapon intended for low-skill players, or am I doing it wrong? Lance takes twice as long as Hammer for me, but Hammer gets boring quickly because every hunt seems the same.

Fighting a nibelsnarf with a bow for the first time.

This fucking sucks.

Generally agreed, but in those 3 cases they were very specific and memorable quests

good lancers know the spin and hop backwards crab walk dance.

Gen has less small monsters because 4U had more subspecies. If you take away subs/deviants from both I think they were around the same.

>Playing Tri, first monhun game

You will never know the pleasure of clashing an uppercut into the face of a gore magala that's doing a frenzied explosion, and stunning him just a second before he hits you.
I've saved lives this way.

You never forget your first "hey meet the title monster" quest

Do you Dash? i Haven't used Lance since 3U but IIRC the biggest output was basically by dashing into to monster when it is zoning or fall down, usually with a Infinite Stamina Buff.

And otherwise just poking the head to get to that point, I was scrubby as fuck back then though.

Were you taken on a cruise?

Isn't lance boring compared to funlance?
I can do only melee runs with my regios gl and break every part off the boss, but the great thing is that i can switch play style at any second.
Lance is just poke, poke, poke, side hop, poke poke poke.

I haven't been charging, I've been poking twice, evading, poking twice, etc. trying to break parts and cut stuff; I assume that once I know monsters well enough I'll be able to continuously attack until it's dead, sidestepping or hopping backwards to go through attacks.

At least, that's how a successful picture of the weapon looks in my mind.

Monsters won't give you a chance at doing that, in most cases they will make you follow them for a chance at attacking.

Always good to have another hammerbro

I sure was. Going back and fighting him on the later quests was hype as shit too.

Reminds me.

Anyone know where Palico tickets are from? Kiranico MHG has no data on them and the kiranico MHX website redirects me to MHG.

Speaking of hammer, though, Aerial Hammer is fucking awesome. Love the feeling of landing the descending blow after a jump right on the monster's head and following with a golfswing.

Well, i consider the GOTTA GO FAST dash the appeal point of lance, and since it was 3U it basically made Underwater fights into "Air Jousting" which were fun as fuck as a result, i actually fought better underwater then on land.

Gunlance didn't really have that, now don't get me wrong GL is fun, but has a completely different appeal as well as different Damage type.

See
The attack you do at the end of a charge is the strongest attack you can do, learn to love the monsters running from you.

I'm waiting to hack my 3ds before i play mhgen because i need that devijho mod
I'm too pansy to do it and i still have many games to finish anyway.

I'm pretty sure your maid gives them to you every now and again.

I think basically every NPC Cat can give them, i could sworn i got one from the the Cat Chef once.

The cat in palico ranch gives one to you I think whenever one of your palicos reaches level 10 or something like that. It's not that common, whatever the trigger is.
You'll see a yellow word bubble icon over bnerbala village when it's time to get one.

Is it? I've just been sticking to guild because I tried Adept once on hammer and then
And that was it for trying out styles for hammer.
Semi-related, but is Aerial HH any good? I just saw the saxophone hh and have a great urge to do it.

Yeah, the lack of the good charge attack does hurt Aerial, but taking care of the first of the three pounds with the golfswing combo on the jump seems to make it a viable alternative.

not really HH got nerfed pretty bad. Aerial HH is… well hope you have an unlimited stamina Horn.

Yeah, forget lance for now, I'll stick with hammer. It's got the raw power.

Oh well, at least I don't have to listen to that screeching banshee of a Tigrex HBG like I had in MH4U.

Even so, in my eyes the lvl2 charge is not worth giving up just so I can do a few flips.

So I've heard. I'll certainly give it a try, even if I end up sticking to guild.

But you get a Lv3 charge that replaces the Lv2 charge.

It's still shit. Striker Hammer is the best hammer in the game because you can just fire off Lv2 upswings so fucking fast.

Hammer is fantastic again. I'm not sure if they buffed it to do more KO, or if it's because of the changes to CB; either way, Hammer is fucking awesome.

I'm maining GS, since I fell in love with Aerial GS in the demo. Any style hammer in this game is fantastic. In spite of SnS's buffs, it feels shittier than before to me though. I haven't gotten back around to Gunlance yet.

Fucking noice

user please

Literally I can Lv2 upswing a tripped monster 4 times before they can even stand up.

in exchange for losing your best attacks…
doesn't seem like a good trade

Striker hammer is ass. The other 2 have niche uses at least.

Don't suppose any of you big, strong hunters will help me down the HR3 -> HR4 Urgent boss guy? You can make a room or I can, no big deal! Also, first time doin a Holla Forums hunt since about a year ago. Used to go by Solidus if that rings a bell, although I doubt it.

I'll join, post room info.

It never gets any easier

What the fuck is with all the "kill 20 genprey" style quests this time?

Talk about mindless padding.

Room: 02-4525-0105-5415
Pass: 1357

Come on in, anyone HR3+ that wants to help me kill this Urgent with a monster I've never seen in my life! :^)

Trying to get the perfect palico to make into a prwoler is a pain in the ass. I wish you could train one palico multiple skills. Rightn ow all I want is just big boomerang, pierce boomerang, some heal, boomerang pro, last resort, and earplugs. If not last resort at least the two affinities, but it has been a hassle trying to get this.

Dubs decide how I end those faggots at capcom HQ.

Someday.

Got one more spot if anyone wants in!

My dick is DIAMONDS

Getting full armor sets in this game is really easy.

They require barely anything and so far nothing has required a ruby to complete.

I've only had to hunt 4 of whatever I wanted to get a full set this whole playthrough.

Start the fire
Crash their planes With no survivorsh

That's because upgrading the armor requires monster parts later

The Tri way. I love it.

Disgusting. Go all the way OR DIE TRYING.

Made some shitty OC

AWAKEN MY MEOWSTERS!

AWAKEN MY MEOWSTERS!

You spelled it wrong, fammo.

Are the rest like this?

AWAKEN MY MEOWSTERS

Fixed it

What Glavenus? I'm on Village 3 and I've yet to see it. Invading or otherwise.

AWAKEN MY MEOWSTERS

I got the quest after I beat daimyo

The obviousness is the same because the other three are introduced in quests that are references to the quests that introduced old title monsters from the games the respective villages are from, but they're not "lol plop you right in front of them"

Holy fuck Astalos armor

HR3 + keyquets
40-1709-0385-9145
no pass

i've been playing around with aerial switch axe, i'm still tipping away on early village quests and doing NPC stuff but this seems like a fucking monster bullying style, free mounts and a giant air dodge is just savage

anyone try striker? what's a fun weapon for that cuz i haven't tried that one yet

It's time to pick nippon steel back up
This is sex

Degeneracy.

…. umm SA and LS? kind of?
Striker is pretty universally awful for blademaster.

Wasn't there a skill that extended Kinsect extracts? I think I should put it on my Aerial IG set.

Sure nibel's fun to fight but she aint the cutest

I can't decide which monster is cutest I like all of them

New bread