Sunday Night Horror Thread

Let's continue the tradition, shall we?

>Why isn't there any more R34 for DreadOut?

Other urls found in this thread:

kanoguti93.web.fc2.com/soft6/index.html
kanoguti93.web.fc2.com/soft2/irp2/index.html
kanoguti93.web.fc2.com/soft/t_u_e/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why even live

Have you found your hole yet, Holla Forums?

Any urban exploration games? Condemned comes to mind, walking around abandoned apartments and malls, full of crackheads and criminals.

I've been watching a couple of videos about it and it looks like it has good potential for vidya. Not everything scary needs to be supernatural, sometimes just walking isolated and decrepit hallways long abandoned is just fine. Sometimes man is more terrifying that beasts and monsters.

I can't even finish a walking sim horror game. Fug.

This would likely devolve into a walking simulator really quickly. I don't know, without monsters or anything that is actively going after you, you might as well play Dear Esther.

It could work if you had something following you, like that old Grudge game for Wii.

Nothing
Martian Gothic or Fear Effect, I'll toss a coin
Nope, but it helps
Yeah
It's not better or worse
Shit game
Japanese in general have trouble making decent endings

Silent Hill has unlimited saves and is still scary, so sure.

Doesn't Zombi mostly take place in urban environments? I only ever played the demo.

I do remember that game having some unexpectedly scary moments, but it's short as fuck. If you get a heart attack playing this, it's evolution at work.

truly inhumane and ghoulish

Nothing yet. Waiting for something good and 2dark when that frog will finish it
Project zomboid and amnesia
Yes. Should be enough to keep you a false sense of security but mean instadeath if you try to fight whatever enemy you have
No. If you fuck up you should get shit for it. I would love PW back or quantity save like 3 per chapter to avoid savescumming
Yes and no. Imagination have to do the work on low poly but I don't want to end up blinding myself trying to define if my character have a backpack or just a jacket
Don't know
Litteraly who? :^}

Fuck. For a moment I forgot it's sunday.

Why don't you just create a Horror Thread instead of a "Sunday Night Horror Thread"?
You know these stay in the catalog until Wednesday, right?

Not really. Sunday Horror threads rarely remain in the catalogue for more than one day before they 404. The last one was an exception because I actually started it on a saturday, which apparently gave it much more exposure.

Probably should make it a "Saturday Horror Thread".

As for the dating, I just want to have something regular. Something where people think "it's that time of the week again, let's see if the horror thread is up".

Out of curiosity, does anyone have the extended US version of Silent Hill 2 PS2 (which was simply printed as a Greatest Hits print in the US) they could upload to mega or vola, or should I just go with the EU Directors Cut version? Already checked both emuparadise and ISOzone, but with the former, there's no specification about what release their US version was ripped from, and with the latter they at least state it's just the original US release.

This

I came here hoping to find a horror thread and I found it, although it's pretty slow today, maybe change it to Saturday?

To be fair there was also a ticking time clock element to that game, and it was short

Horror thread?

Ok

Right now I'm sitting in a quiet room listening to a grandfather clock going tick tock while occasionally hearing some woman humming a tune or ppl commenting about what I'm doing

Except I don't own a grandfather clock and I'm 100% alone ATM

Fun yes?

I guess I just have to get used to it but it's kinda creepy

I've been schizophrenic for years so you just pretty much learn to live with it and pay it no attention, you pay attention it just gets worse

Like I tried to listen to what was being said and another women popped up going "Shhhhhh….its ok…..just close your eyes….."

Shit man I can't imagine how frightening that can be, are you on any meds or something?

How do you like your coffee?

Are there any horror games for gameboy advance?

I've finally softmodded my Wii and have access to pretty much any old nintendo consoles and handhelds

Silent Hill on the GBA is the only one I know, but even then it's the first game as a visual novel.

The Metroid games are derivative of horror. Castlevania is derivative of campy horror. You'd have better luck looking at the Gamecube's library with a softmodded Wii.

I was but they fuck with my head something fierce

Risperidone for example made the voices all garbled and rare events where it would feel like something was touching me got so extreme it would feel like somebody was grabbing me severely hard to the point my body would jerk like if grabbed

I go back on it every so often if the voices get extremely loud/screaming/yelling but most of the time I'm fine

My doc tried me on this new drug that was released in 2011 or something but I forget what it was called, I stopped after four days because I was hearing constant white noise (Like I did when trying to go to sleep with effexor) and a fucking wicked headache which a week later I'm still recovering from

Only a silent hill visual novel on GBA, there were a few on gameboy color like alone in the dark and resident evil.

Oh fuck and the constant flashing of bright white light, forgot about that

Oh NM I found the drugs under my towel to bring back

The new one he tried me on was Latuda

I still wonder why they let Alone in the Dark pass on GBC, but yet they never brought over RE.

What could have been

$600 worth of learning and social interaction.

Nothing right now.
Franbow. Silent Hill 2.
No, limited is fine.
Yes
No. I think lighting, sound design, and a mind for horror can make a game with more modern graphics great. It's just that modern games mostly rely on 2deep4U plots, "stealth" sections, and Jumpscares to scare players. However, you only ever end up being scared for like a second, rather than feeling unsettled the whole time you play. While low poly is good at making you unsure of what the fuck you're looking at, I don't think that's NEEDED to scare people. A lot of horror games go for cheap scares rather than building good characters and an engaging world. There's not a lot of risk/resource management these days.

A lot of what made stuff like Silent Hill scary wasn't just the graphics. Most horror games these days are first person clones of some other first person horror game.

Not a popular enough game.
RIGHT?

That RE on a ship for GBC was pretty cool.

So why do people dislike Junji Ito's endings?

Is it because he doesn't explain what the hell just happened? I thought obscurity and knowing less is what makes things much more horrifying?

I wish the map had been just a bit better.

No sense of closure I think.

I heard whenever he finishes a story he rolls a d20 to decide how many pages he removes from the end

Endings with no sense of closure are a pretty common thing in J-horror, that's not exclusively a Junji Ito thing

Why on earth do I consider this a serious possibility.

Also, does user have any suggestion for free indie horror titles? RPG Maker games, stuff like Cry of Fear, and whatnot.

For some reason these things always creep me out more than commercial titles; perhaps because they are less bound to follow certain gameplay and narrative elements you find in the AAA games.

I really want SOMA but I'm broke.
Layers of Fear
I think it helps a lot.
Yes. Alien Isolation, for instance.
For nostalgia purposes.
The game was so glitchy that it made it impossible to jack off.
The real horror comes from a lack of closure.

it's shit

it's shit

pick one

They had the full RE2 game on a GBA cartridge? The full game? Christ, what black magic it must've taken.

The Alien spooked me pretty hard when it stabbed me six ways to Sunday, man.

What games do you consider scary?

They put Crazy Taxi on GBA, too. It was playable, but it wasn't pretty. The full level was there though from what I recall.

Junji Ito seems to actively avoid a proper conclusion. I like him that way. It's easy to ask for answers, and it's very, very hard to satisfy them. You get way more mileage out of horror with "what if" rather than "here's why".

He wouldn't be the same if he didn't always do this. Hell, I usually find my least favorite parts of horror is the revelation moment. It's hard to pull off.

Plague of Gripes said the same thing on his how to on Horror.

The Thing is great- because it looks like some fucked up thing that's vaguely a dog.
Meanwhile. you get the later silent hill and resident evil games- and it's just a dog with no skin. It's a dog. A dog enemy that goes abooga booga booga.

It's sort of like the old American horror story endings or ghost stories.
"They found a bloody hook- hanging from the car door!!"

Horror needs to end "what the fuck was that" or "everything is awful"- but with less explanation.

There was some FMV game years ago- pretty surreal town. Turns out the whole town is some kind of experiment to breed and create serial killers. Lots of heavy-handed messages about how bat-shit crazy life can be (like a woman being cannibalized by her own children- who then proceeds to wax poetic on if motherhood is worth it). One of the endings features the protag having to choose to save himself- or his fiance. They somehow get out, and it cuts before we see anymore.
Someone then criticizes the protag about how violent cartoons & vidya will make him a killer. The guy then laughs, the camera flies down his gullet, and we see the fiance's finger in his stomach.
The whole games message is obvious: a bad society breeds violent people- rather than TV or games. But there's very little info on why they are making serial killers. There's elements of a cult, a scientific lab, demons, black ops government shit, aliens, and fuck knows what else.

So you can sometimes give closure- just make sure to leave plenty of questions and speculation.

I think Junji Ito makes most of his endings a letdown on purpose. Truth is most of his stories aren't relevant in the great scheme of things, and those that do get some sort of conclusion.

For example, Black Paradox explains everything quite well in the ending (ironically enough, they use the sentence "let's leave that to imagination" several times) because it's kind of a big deal. Hellstar Remina also has a fairly clear ending, even if it is open ended (what did you want, the confirmation that they did indeed die in deep space? Aliums picking them up and then what?). Then you have stories such as that one about the exotic honey where the ending is a letdown for two reasons: first, and most importantly, nobody cares if a single person dies in the most gruesome way, it is irrelevant to the world at large; and second, the ending is quite clever, the story foreshadowed it by showing humans slapping mosquitoes, parasites that suck your blood/nectar, and the ending shows that the tree does quite the same. Most other short stories either end in a shocking way, such as Amigara DRR DRR or the story about the kid with the fucked up woman in front of his window, which actually suits the stories quite well, or in a letdown way, such as the town that built itself by connecting its inhabitants' houses because, in the end, does that really matter? It's a small town in the middle of nowhere, nobody cares about what happens to it. I don think his endings are bad, they just suit his stories.

Does Junji Ito really write bad endings? Many aren't great plot-changing twists, but I wouldn't call them bad. I would like someone to point out what they consider a bad Junji Ito ending, and preferably why.

White-eyed Baracchi and Marceau a cuties

Fucking Kanoguti. Instead of working on new games he makes shit art and novels.

I guess the guy is busy in university studies or something.

What games did he make?

Guys, you should try reading Franken Fran

Franken Fran a cute.

Something which can not be said of most of her patients.

I dislike Franken Fran's thematic insincerity. It portrays genuinely horrific, and creative creatures and circumstances. That spare organs girl who cannibalizes failed transplants sticks in my mind, but I couldn't get over how irreverent the title character acted. It just struck me as disrespectful given the serious subject matter, and I suppose that the cognitive dissonance is really the point, but it just rubbed me the wrong way.

kanoguti93.web.fc2.com/soft6/index.html
(make sure to check out list of pages on top, the site was made slightly retarded)

He made bunch of creepy ass short games that can surprise even tough person.

And i was really upset it ended in favor of author making a manga about zombie apocalypse instead.

Jesus Christ, that IS hard to navigate. I also can't seem to find any of the games numbered less than 200. Are those just not around?

I adore this series like not much else.

Even the mangaka sorta backed off a little from that. Though, after reading the amount of cheery addendum's to the most horrific doujins, you start to separate events from purpose. You were disturbed, but the creator likely wasn't. In the same way I could whip up something in 10 minutes on ms paint that could make the average soccer mom throw up, but I could possibly find heartwarming.

The deeper you get, or the more fucked up you are, the more you just recognize as "interesting".

However, Fran also does just have a totally different set of morals to most people. She loves "life", in all the many forms it comes in. Read Helen ESP if you want a more well-adjusted person leading the story.

Her understanding of "life" is elementary and/or too abstract and disregards the many factors that make up a human "life." That one chapter in which she saves a bunch of people by stitching them together to make a living communal organism, saving their lives but destroying their individual "lives," as an example. I don't mean to come off as a "human life is sacred" kind of guy, I just hate it when the wider definitions get blurred or plain disregarded.

And I'll check out this Helen ESP thing, thanks.

How did he get out?

Can anyone tell the location based on the mountain range and distance?

This

I wish Sherlock Holmes was on this case.

What makes you think he got out again, user?

Reminds me of this video. Hells know where the sounds come from.

Probably fake

I've been to the Horton Mine. It's no joke.

Well, In theory you could find the location based on the factors given, the mountains in the distance, the hills in the foreground and the dry lake/river bed in between. I'm not experienced enough in surveying to tell how close or far the background mountains are, or even what range it is since the area is dotted in small lines of mountains.

Anyways, this whole "M Cave Hike" thing is a year old so I'm guessing in-depth analysis has already been done by people more familiar with the area and experienced in the relevant subjects. And their findings probably posted on reddit. I wish our /x/ was alive.

The one thing I'll give reddit credit for is they a do a crack job of investigating. Even they couldn't think of something. My best guess is somewhere in Nevada.

Well, the guy who went into the mine did do a follow-up video where nothing spoopy happened, so I expect there's natural causes for the sound.

Everything done with this theme turns out really dumb.

I think our own primal "fight-or-flight" instincts help make a lot of shit up.
The less info you have for your surroundings, the more dangerous it could be.
So your brain ranks up to 11 trying to see shit. Eventually (possibly as a fail safe, or just evolution) the brain makes shit up- which drives you away from the "danger" to where you are safe.

I am fascinated by the mind being fucked with in horror. Too bad I'm too much of a pussy to enjoy horror games.

Except that, in that video, the sound was not in the guy's head but could clearly be heard on the tape.

J-Just the wind.
If you heard it in a brightly lit field, it would be normal.

That's a bit of a disturbing point of it, she isn't human, and doesn't properly understand what "living" means. Hell, if you got all analytical, you could draw this back to Frankenstein's monster. She doesn't understand what proper ethics means, because she might not have been made with them. This is all sort of the disturbing, freaky part of Fran. I mean, it is a horror series, and a lot of people get into it without knowing that.

But she does love her patients, almost unconditionally. It just might not be in their best interests. Helen has the right idea.

My problem with per-chapter saves is that you generally don't know how long the chapter is and thus can't meaningfully pick a good save spot. You want to save, and you do, that uses a save and the chapter end up being 800000000 hours long. Or just as bad, you learn your lesson and don't save till you're really sure you've gotten somewhere, and the chapter promptly ends.

I don't know. Maybe there's a reason why they aren't around. There are also two unlisted softwares, that have separate pages from everything else:
kanoguti93.web.fc2.com/soft2/irp2/index.html
kanoguti93.web.fc2.com/soft/t_u_e/index.html

This is weird as fuck. I feel the need to try every single one of these games. May report back with worthwhile findings if anyone cares.

Do go ahead, user

That would be great. At least somebody will make a research on Kanoguti's projects.

He's also a great musician, and all his games contain his own music.

I tried go rotten, I couldn't seem to get anything interesting to show after the picture decays to a certain point.

I'd be interested if something actually happens, but I'm not the type to go searching for something I don't believe is there. I'm sure many of this guy's games are like that; Walking is certainly the most well documented and I don't think there's anything left to be seen of it.

So, I just saw Fran Bow's ending.

Is she dead? or is she going in an ambulance like some youtubers said?

We've discussed this in the last Sunday Horror thread to some length. General consensus was that it's open to interpretation, but imho, Fran is kill.

Why do horror has the most feeling touching endings? all of them depressing

Oh, are we talking about Fran?

It hurts~ It hurts~

Hey, at least Fran doesn't get raped by her Doctor like a certain other mental asylum patient.

Not posting the webm

Song name?

No idea, I would like to know myself.

Does anyone have any irl spooky stories? When I was a kid the bottom floor of my house had this creepy vibe like you were in a horror movie.

sounds like 2hu

This is perfect. Thank you.

I think everyone has that. Our basement had a small chamber which contained our house's water pump, amongst various other stuff like unused garden furniture etc.

For some reason, this room always scared the shit out of me when I was younger, yet I always had to pass by it when I went to the basement room where the computer me and my dad used was. Didn't know why, I just was repelled by it.

I eventually found out that, other than all the other regular garbage, this chamber apparently also held the leg prosthesis that my grandfather had to use when he lost one of his legs in WW II.

Don't fucking ask me why they kept it around years and years after he died.

Which meme is this supposed to be?

It looks like another Holla Forums meme video. I don't get it.

It's Stirner-Kun. He was an anarchist philosopher, IIRC.

I thought that stirner was a /lit/ meme

I bet your packing a tiny winy chub.

The tongue, user. The tongue.

So this room made you feel like legging it

CARLOS

my grandfather's house, maybe an hour outside Olympia. he sold it when I was 10 or so but i remember the massive cellar of cold rock.
once you were down the stone steps you had to pass through a short hallway to reach the storage area, also where the furnace was. there were 4 sturdy wooden doors, 2 on each side of the hall. i remember their big old-fashioned metal doorknobs, all the same except one had a tiny dent. the hiss of the furnace mostly covered up the slight shaking & thumping sounds from behind the doors. except sometimes they were quiet, like maybe listening for something.
anyway you would always be OK if you kissed your fingertips, then touched each doorknob in turn as you passed them by. "don't be a bit afraid", he would say. "just make sure you do it every time and walk by boldly, after all, you belong here in this house, you're my grandson". and so he would send me for a can of preserves or for a little firewood and I would kiss my little hands, touch the knobs, and listen to the shaking…and sometimes a quiet whimper, like maybe a dog in pain? i was very young and sometimes it feels like a dream. he always sent me, never my sister. something there was ours: us men have a secret. it felt good.
i miss him terribly. i dont know what I'm going to do when grandma dies and i have to clean the house, inspect it. sell it? how do i find the courage to open those doors? what am i going to do? she hasn't been able to walk in so long, has she been down there, has anyone? what will i do

pardon me, he passed when i was 10, the house is still ours. i'm so sorry.

but then who was phone?

make videos of the rooms and post them, thats what you do

TAKE PICTURES AND POST HERE NOW

I've seen all kinds of supernatural stuff, man. It's not all scary though.

First ghost or whatever it was that I saw was probably 5 years ago. It was on the last day of counselor at a summer camp and it was in the bathroom window of the dining hall. I was disappointed that I had not seen any of the stuff the other counselors said about the camp being haunted so I was talking out loud like the ghost was listening, wondering why it bothered people. "You're dead, why do you" I said, and it just suddenly appeared in the window as I walked by, as soon as I said "You're dead." Only 4 other people were at camp and they were all in a building I was on my way to.

It was human shaped with no discernable facial features. Head, neck, shoulders, and torso. Window was not wide enough to show arms, but I was pretty close to it. It wasn't scary at all, oddly enough. I felt no malice or anything like that. I was just thrilled that something actually appeared.

Other people had seen it there in groups before, so it's not like I was just hallucinating or doing wish fulfillment.

That's the first story.

Second story was earlier in life, but it wasn't something I saw.

My sister was very depressed during this time and would have a legit short of breath anxiety attack if you said the word ghost. We had no idea why. It was around her birthday that stuff started happening. I was laying in my room at about 11 at night, unable to sleep. I'm a very light sleeper, hardly ever dream, and have never had a nightmare that I can recall. I bragged about this from a young age too, so it's not like I just forgot one or anything.

Anyway, I was laying there thinking, when the room got super hot and humid, and I began to stick to my sheets and blanket like you do when you're camping and it's really humid outside. It was October though, and totally cold outside.

I had no idea why it was hot and humid all of a sudden in the middle of fall in North Carolina, and I started hearing things. Sort of like voices laughing, grunting, and making weird shrieks. They came from all directions and I could block the noise out some by putting a pillow over my head. Eventually they went away. This kept happening for a few months, but not every single night. No matter where I slept, I would hear the same noises, EVEN IF I WAS SLEEPING IN THE ROOM WITH ANOTHER PERSON. What makes that important is that I could hear them audibly and lessen the volume by covering my ears, but nobody else could hear it, even if they were in the same room. I never heard the voices when I slept at a friend's house. Only at my home.

I had a friend over who is very spiritually sensitive, and said he felt like something was wrong in the house. He dreamed of a dark figure in a chair in the room with us. That same night I was laying there thinking while he snored behind me (he falls asleep super fast, but I do not.) I was on my back with my knees up when a force pushed my right leg into my left leg, clacking my knees together. It did not hurt, but it would have it it was any harder. It did not feel like a muscle spasm, I felt something touch my leg that did not have a surface or texture. It was just enough so that if it had pushed any harder, it would have hurt, but for some reason it didn't/couldn't.

Then again, I am Christian and was at the time, so maybe it wasn't allowed to do anything worse?

As it turns out, my sister opened up to me that year that she was hearing voices in her room and seeing faces outside of her second story window (this was without me telling her what was happening with me.)

I went to a bible camp (it was 2009), came back, and told whatever was in my house that in Jesus' name, it did not have permission to stay in my house and had to leave.

I never heard the voices after that point.

Let's see.The other stuff was going to a church that was known for its spiritual giftings and stuff. Had some people I have never met before speak to me with insight into my life that they could not have known. Not like they put it badly or anything like that, because it was as words of guidance, but it was just stuff that they legitimately had no way of knowing beforehand.

Also saw a couple people get legit healed of stuff there too, along with one of the people I went with.

Besides that, anything else supernatural I've encountered hasn't been big enough for it to really be a story, but I'll tell them if anyone wants to read them.

What's going on in your webm? Gases trapped in the earth escaping + combustion?

Yeah, shit like that happens around mines sometimes.

All of those encounters were your brain playing tricks on you and mild forms of sleep paralysis. When there is nothing happening, no sounds or anything, your brain will make sounds because it is so used to processing sounds during the day. Same things happens at night, your brain will make an effort to form shadows into something it can recognize, usually faces or other things. Sleep paralysis usually happens when you're on your back as well, so when you were knocking your knees together it was just your body trying to figure out what the fuck you were doing with your knees up.

I know I'm being a buzzkill here, but it's important to know how your brain works.

This. I've gotten sleep paralysis before.

First time is scary as hell but afterwards it just gets annoying.

Do a livestream, best case scenario, you can keep the video for memory and finally figure out what it was.

Worst case scenario, the whole world shits itself in terror at what is found.

From what I could gather, Rotten swaps individual parts of a picture every time the camera moves over it, that is, each changed part becomes more rotten. My best guess is that the individual pics eventually reach a state of full decomposition.

Pls send help

M(ae)rry-go-Round seems to follow the same basic idea as Rotten - continuous corruption of the individual frames as they move around you. The only difference is that you can not control the merry-go-round; it seems to speed up and slow down at random.

Meh. Why seems to be another non-gameplay thingie where the textures randomly change at random intervals of time.

yeah that's pretty much the majority of Kanoguti's "games". I think he is a Japanese hipster. All of his non-ear rape music sounds like 2hu and he is an art student.

Don't be disappointed though, even though most of them are pretty shit there are really good ones that aren't just a gif in a form of an exe. He makes really freaky shit occasionally.

Pickaxe

I don't know if Holla Forums has similar rules to 4chan about advertising streams, but a friend and I are playing co-op obscure on stream right now and I figured it wouldn't hurt to invite anyone who wanted to see it.

twitch.tv/mistermoogle89

why is this world so cruel?

What the fuck, that's just incomprehensible. Am I being MKUltra'd?

This place is pathetic.

However came up with this shit should be shot. Co-op absolutely ruins any kind of immersion a horror game could possibly set up because your teammates are constantly joking or screaming like little girls at every jumpscares.

This entire recent trend to slap co-op at literally fucking everything from RTS games to fucking Overlord is bullshit in general.

Obscure is from 2004. It was the first co-op horror game, so far as I know. It's actually pretty fun and you can play it single player if you don't like it. It can actually get pretty spooky at points.

Resident Evil Outbreak was also pretty fun and it had full blown online multiplayer.

So it isn't really that recent of a trend and it isn't THAT bad.

The thread was started on Sunday and it has survived until Tuesday. That's not so bad, considering that some boards have threads started in 2014 that are still alive. This thread will die in another day or two and a new one will be started on Sunday, as is custom, faggot.

We actually finished it in one 8-hour sitting. The first half was definitely the stronger half but I'd say it was a pretty enjoyable survival horror game. It played like a resident evil with a lot of quality of life enhancements and it controlled very well.

I'm on Effexor (Venlafaxine) for Major Depressive Disorder and it works like a fucking charm. I never knew they tried to use it to treat schizophrenia though.

Are there any new horror indie games worth playing? The market seems to be flooded with them so it's hard to separate the ones that are any good from the pretentious crap.

The alien was scary, the robots were kinda spooky, the people were retarded. If you're going to say if a game is scary or not you judge the whole game, not just the good parts.

You're talking about Harvester aren't you? Yeah I remember seeing a lets play of that, seemed kinda cool. Gory as fuck like when you can get shot to death by some dude with no legs, but that just adds to the awesomeness. nice dubs