Star Wars Galaxies

Are there any great private servers that are Pre-CU. I'm sick of EA's SWTOR being the only MMO for Star Wars especially they STILL hold the rights for it until 2024.

So far most of the server have so little people playing. So any of you know a good Server to play on?

Also post your SWG stories

Other urls found in this thread:

swgawakening.com/portal.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well, there was a general running for a while but I entirely forget what server it was. Felt pretty dead aside from the anons on the server even though there was a lot of player made dwellings. Was kind of creepy how much of it felt like a ghost town.

Ain't SWGEMU the only one good and running, even with development?

"Basilisk"
"Status: Online"
"Population: 1036"
…yep.

High Ground is still there anons. It could be revived with a little work.

Then finally fuck with Geo's without dying absurdly fast.

Pic is just random SWG shit I had lying around.

I gave this game a try (after its death on a private server) and I liked it a lot, though the pal I played with abandon me for some group and I had no idea what to do. I'd join in if there is one up but I think if one is put up you're going to have to hope new players join in because without them it will be to empty.

Are anons here playing it? Wouldn't mind joining it if there's a group I can follow.

Is SWGEmu pre-cu? The FAQ page for it is gone.

I played SWTOR again. There's so much bullshit that you have to pay for in it. Even if you subscribe the intentory space have to be paid for as well. It's bullshit.

Doktor imp here, is highground really still alive?
I got burnt out and couldn't play anymore,not to mention I lead the PS2 outfit I would stay in easily if there was JTL but thats like a year or two off.

Behold, the long search is over

swgawakening.com/portal.php

So how many anons play here? Or do they play on another server. We don't have a guild for SWG do we?

It's a ghost town that's steadily decaying. Shame. We never got our starport.

I doubt very much that we have a guild

I haven't even started on this one yet but my father, as a long time veteran and one of the alpha testers from ages ago showed me it.

We used to play it together before and after my mother divorced him and the game has serious special meaning to me. Any time I play I get this warm comforting feeling like I'm home.

This is pretty much what i've been waiting for, I might czech it out later and see how promising it is compared to SWGEMU. If demand is high enough ill take some more time off my planetside duties and try and start something.

I'm installing it now, this thread gave me the kick in the pants needed to at least put it on my PC.

Will probably play but will most defiantly play with anons and possibly join a Holla Forums guild.

I'm patching it now. I never got the chance to play when it was in its prime.

the server load says very high and they apparently have a large playerbase by coronet seems so devoid of life

Wheres the hangout on this server exactly>>10093030

probably mos eisley

Same i'm going to give it a try. If there is Holla Forums guild i'll join in but I know nothing of that stuff.

Finally got around to playing it. What should I go with?

I want to fly an Xwing but I don't want to be a rebel scum.

neutrals get the headhunter I think which is the two-wing predecessor,

also doubleposting aside what you chose doesn't determine faction immediately, just sends you to a good starting point for such I suppose.

In order to join the imperials/rebels without JTL implemented you need to run missions with imp/reb mission terminals until you have 200 faction standing, and then go see a recruiter.

Just found out that Awakening server doesn't have JTL yet. Really wanted to shoot down some rebel scum.

What else should I do now? Currently doing delivery missions to get some cash.

SWGemu is pure pre-CU. It's actually almost frustrating how pure it is because literally every combat character is wearing the same armour and is using the same weaponry. I wouldn't mind them adding some CU or post-CU equipment but I'm just happy to be playing again.

From what I remember from the little time I played yea do those missions for a bit. Then get those buff thingys from the people playing music and stuff, when I played there where people who would give it for free and ask for donations but idk about that on this server. You don't 100% need them but they help, eventually as you level you'll start being able to do more like class specific stuff I think.

Actually, now that I finally got around to trying it, what's the difference between Awakening and SWGEMU?

SWGEMU wont have JTL in development for a long time yet, (years) and is annoyingly puritan in that everyone wears composite armor as there is pretty much nothing better aside from mastercrafted RIS

Awakening already has jedi and is developing JTL apparently. also they have added and will add stuff from NGE and post CU that is cosmetic to spice things up, like the faction armors and mounts.

According to the awakening frontpage atleast, SWGEMU I have experience with.

I really question how fucking difficult it is to get JTL working. Fuck other servers even got atmosphere flight working. There's even completely working post-NGE/CU shit that has it working to a playable capacity (hit detection is a bit fucked though, probably hardware related).

Really we all know whats taken so long. Too much faffing about over how to handle Jedi "fairly" when we all know its a feature very few will actually have access to on the SWGEmu server (because they'll be rare as fuck like it actually was back in the day.) I see it that SWGEmu isn't so much trying to bring the game back but rather actually fix what was killing it in the first place (its why SOE did what they did- but what they did was stupid and overly drastic).

I hope Awakening adopts as "well fuck it lets just implement it and see how badly it breaks" attitude that SWGEmu is lacking.

I think it most likely has more to do with just having less active coders on staff who are motivated to actually bring back JTL

You can see this with a lot of fan projects where once the project is more or less at 1.0 state or close to it, progress slows down to a snails pace. You can see how with OpenMW for instance it's taking them literal years to go from versions of their beta to 1.0 because of how most of their active staff just leave the project.

I'm pretty sure if the project had like 5 new coders who were active JTL would've been here by now.

There are some players in Theed. Though not as as much as Mos Eisley.