Mount and Blade: Warband

Can someone PLEASE explain to me how the fuck you are supposed to play this shit?
The controls are fucking brain cancer.

How the fuck are you supposed to properly swing a sword?
How do you hit people while you are on a horse?
How do you use a lance? I always fucking miss when I try to hit enemies with that shit.
If it wasn't so fucking shitty to control maybe I would enjoy it more.

Also, what the fuck are you supposed to do in the game anyway? Make an army and fuck around?
I'm just really fucking confused. I want to like this but I don't even know how.

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3765/?
heroes.thelazy.net/wiki/Spells
google.com.au/search?q=taste of a liar&client=firefox-b-ab&biw=1043&bih=902&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwj04ruUw_3NAhWJi5QKHSbhB5wQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=kezIxx-VeSY-mM:
historum.com/war-military-history/62748-how-did-pikemen-battle-cavalry.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Git Gud.

The combat is the actual good part. Wrestling with the "friendly" AI in the """"""""strategy'""""""" part of the over world map is the shitty part.

Move the mouse to the side you want to hit while clicking
How do you hit people while you are on a horse?
same thing
How do you use a lance? I always fucking miss when I try to hit enemies with that shit.
Practice at the training field and git gud

My advice: play on the highest difficulty from the start. It's more fun to get your ass kicked and get better than to monotonously chop enemies like cutting grass the whole game

Go to a training field and fight dudes until you're not totally shit.

Yeah, what this guy said, you should be playing at 100% difficulty, minimum. Anything less is just plain boring.

Play the original and not SJWarband

Any mod to add new things/quests to do in this game without straying too far from vanilla?
I've been playing this game for a while, and it's gotten quite monotonous.

why?

Well, the combat is complex than most games, so if you have time to rant then better use it to practice and git gud.

Or you can play it the other way, like Become a happy merchant and hire other people to spill the blood.

Now you're just reaching.

2/10, apply yourself.

you're even worse than those feminists crying about women in BF1

Do you practice at being this retarded or is it a family trait passed down naturally?

How is this proof of SJW, that's a goddamn fact.

It's called roleplaying you lout.

The original had
- No sympathetic depictions of crime
- Nobility were treated with respect
- Women wore full dresses and stayed in lord's castle
- Brown and black people were seen as untrustworthy bandits and thieves

New gameplay features are feasts and marriages, pretty much non-gameplay mechanics.

The mechanics work the same, they just lodged this paragraph into the original screen.

I'm guessing you guys haven't played the original but the point is it is completely free of SJW stuff, so these new additions are jarring. You're going to say "it's still pretty traditional" but all those good things were copypasted from the original, so not much of an upgrade.

But I like killing sand niggers.

if you're going to be like that, the first one has

Worst M&B thread I've seen in a while

Just like swing. Move your mouse up, down, left or right ever so slightly to change directions.
You can't attack things directly in front of you on a horse, because that would damage the horse. You can't attack things behind you because that would require you adjusting your position on the horse, which isn't a feature. Try circling the enemies. Avoid the overhead swing on horseback for the most part
Are you couching or are you thrusting? Both play off the same radius, but couching is better for damage. Polearms have a much more limited range than the other weapons when it comes to horseback, due to their length.

The quick battles in the original had womyn warriors too, if you're going to bring that shit up. You probably didn't notice because no one played them, not even yourself. It's the same with the custom battles, no one fucking played them.

Where are criminals depicted as the good guys? The tutorial quest has you attack a bandit hideout and kill criminals who have taken root in the city.
Nothing changed on this front either.
They still do. Aside from tournament fighters, mugged townsfolk, and companions, the only instances of fighting women are either in the custom battles, which no one uses, or they come about from the player's choice.
What race are the Sea Raiders primarily composed of, fag?

You're really grasping for straws. Is Metroid an SJW game because Metroid is a girl? It's a fucking video game, and you're getting angry about the pixels on the screen and the lines of code not fitting in with your pseudo-Puritan bullshit. Fuck off you fucking nigger, you are the SJW.

Move mouse right and hold down M1 = right swing
Move mouse left and hold down M1 = left swing
Point mouse down and hold down M1 = Stab
Move mouse from up to down and hold down M1 = Slash from top to bottom.

How to fight on a horse: Same rules apply, I think, I haven't played for a while. Hold down M1 and keep your attack charged, release just before you are about to pass him.

No, the controls are perfectly fine, you just suck ass.

How about a proper discussion of M&B instead of this blatant bait?

Vaegirs best faction, and the only reason I believe that is because the first time I played M&B I spawned in their territory and joined them.

What about some shitty webms?

What are some good mods?

0/10

Gekokujo

I really need to make a webm of my army now that I'm more than an hour into the game. I just haste my army, whip out my scimitar, and slice into dudes while laughing at how their puny swords can barely get through my badass war armor.
Then I get cocky and surrounded or take a javelin to the chin

This sounds funny, elaborate

mmmmmagic missile

I don't know how people play with music that loud or with lyrics in a game. Please tell me that's added in afterwards.

I shall have to ask you, Sir, to step outside

It's a mod, don't worry. I love it.

Look, check it out, there's loud ass music and lyrics everywhere. I like to imagine it's what my armies chant while marching to keep their spirits up.

This ancient maymay is somehow the best part of this shit thread full of Dark Souls rejects that found this game, never played it because they're consolefags, and still insist on shoving their "gitgud Xddd" maymays in every orifice of a good game.

You cucks need to realize you might git gud, but you'll never git rid of the memories of being bullied for your inferiority. Yes, that went into fedoraspeak territory at the end, but goddammit it applies.

You think this thread is full of people who've never played the game?

whats the audio from?

nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/3765/?

im drunk and half asleep and sick and dying

Good. Everyone's glad.

How does one combat the massive lose of troops on higher difficulties?

I would say that I'm here if you need to talk, but I'm not.

What higher difficulties? I thought there was just normal and training options.

Move in the direction of your swings. Always fight alongside your troops because the game ignores every stat of your soldiers if you let them fight without you so you will always end up with pointless losses in that case. Use lances/spears on horse back, couch them by just riding and not pressing any attack buttons for cheap instant kills.

Combat is terrible and the ai is retarded. Playing pretend is a reuqirement in this game otherwise you wont have any fun and are better off playing something like dark messiah or dark souls or severance if you actually want a good game.

I just mean tweaking shit in the options that make the game harder. There's probably more stuff that's not mentioned in the menu like how changing campaign ai affects tax efficiency.

This.
Lost two marmelukes when I decided to be lazy and let the game auto-resolve in a battle against two tundra raiders.

You should always put everything on max if you don't want mind numbingly boring experience. The campaign AI might be an exception because it seems vague and affects some mods in weird ways.

If you really suck at keeping your troops alive, kite the enemy forces in a circle while your troops just shoot at them. Failing that, get a surgeon.

Yeah its an absolutely retarded and counter productive mechanic with no clearly defined and determined functions. Game is full of shit mechanics like this

Is there a song list for this pack? I'm downloading it as we to speak, hoping to crack it open and find some names.

I fucking wish, the best I can say is that I've heard one of the songs from that pack in that old Simcity 3000 video. You know the one.

(Checked)
There are a few names here and there, but nothing substantial.

Are you telling me I've been spending 100 hours murdering sandniggers, horseniggers, and orcs to drinking music?

Probably. Only five of the seventy five have names, though.

Go to options
turn on 'show attack direction'
Reduce player damage
Control block direction (automatic)
You can make the AI more retarded and make battles slower aswell.
The game is open world lad go to towns/castles and talk to people

git gud

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I have been elevated to top noble in the kingdom, and I’ve been involved in numerous victorious battles, and I have over 300 confirmed grand feasts. I am trained in siege warfare and I’m the top knight in ALL the tournaments. You are nothing to me but just another peasant. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the mesengers? Think again, filth.! As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across Pendor and your tracks are being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Kingdom of Pendor and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. I'll drink from your fucking skull, kiddo.

How am I supposed to defend my land?
A lord I serve gave it to me and I can't babysit it forever.

napoleonic wars used the wedding theme as part of the soundtrack

if it's a castle, put troops in the garrison, and if you have diplomacy installed get a recruiter from inside the castle
if it's a village, well rip, i never bother protecting them since my army is usually more important than weekly income that i can double if i just pillage a village

What's a good vanilla but better mod?

native expansion
a new dawn, if you like bandits
i think there was also a reworked version of floris that works with latest versions of the game

Floris I guess? It adds a bunch of mechanics while keeping the original game.

Diplomacy.

I know - I listen to the soundtrack all the time.

Next you gonna tell me that Harold isn't the only king of Norse. I shall whip you for this insolence peasant

Git gud

How fucking retarded are you to not even comprehend how the fighting system works unless you're using the bullshit "automatic" mode? Why haven't you swapped that out yet? Are you really that bad with the Lance? And have you even considered doing the quests/serving a lord? Jesus christ.

So, what are your favourite weapons for singleplayer? The heavy morningstar is fun if a bit slow, the balanced elite scimitar is lightning fast with excellent range and high damage, and heavy one handed battleaxes absolutely tear through shields.

I really want to use the scimitar on horseback, but its speed works to its detriment. The Sarranid cavalry sword is sexy and has excellent range, but the damage is only 31.

Any recommended mods starting out?

Nigger at this point you might just as well ask us to play the game for you

Just fucking play the game you retard

Try vanilla M&B first, it's more straightforward and they have a tutorial for weapon use that is independent of the campaign, I prefer its campaign map as well.

Any swords that can be used on one or two hands (even though I usually opt for a bow and arrows instead of a shield outside sieges) and have a stab are generally neat back up weapons for a lance.

couched lance for life

Silverstag is pretty fun, made by some of the Floris devs I believe.

I like the spiked mace personally, but I enjoy being a slaver.

I'm loving the balanced awlpike on horseback.

Gekokujo for mountain weeb
Prophecy of Pendor for mountain rape
Nova Aetas for mountain bloom and mountain crash
Brytenwalda for mountain bong
1257 AD for mountain jihad
Floris for mountain dildoes

Diplomacy
Freelancer if you want to learn combat

Putting everything on max is what makes the game a boring experience nigger, you always have to stay in the back unless you get one-shot by Vaegirs top archers. Watching others fucking things up might be what cucks like, I personally can't call it an exciting experience.

Good thing you had your flag on, I almost got triggered.

I love clubs/morningstars on horseback just so I can get slaves, sell shit and then quit after playing the game for a day.

I can't get into a full campaign, never have because there's so many routes and I fucking hate losing everything.

What mod is this?

nice joke, mate

This is my experience down to a tee.

I think it's Phantasy Calradia

My finngolian.

Did someone say…

MONGOL THREAD?

Reminder that Khergits are the rightful heirs of the Calradian Empire.

That's lewd nigga, spoiler that shit.

Do you think Headpats will be something you can do in Bannerlord?

probably not… but…
BOARD GAMES
SIEGE WEAPONS
LADDERS

Yes

You'll be able to do anything but be Kebab trying to remove Kebab from office.

So what's the best "realistic" Vanilla-gaem enhancing mod?
It's been years since i last played but i remember there being some 1082 or whatever year it was mod that was breti neat/5.

Now, that's just silly

I don't think you actually played this game if you think it represents any values pushed by SJWs.

Wouldn't the game that depicts a more "sexist" society be the less SJW one because it's more historically accurate?

It'll be open source with dedicated mod tools so you are free to mod that in yourself.

I just use whatever spears or lances are longest and do nothing but charge on horseback. Javelins are pretty fun though too.

Well said, user.

Stronk womyn doesn't necessarily make the game SJW. Now if they had shoehorned in a transgender character that gave the exposition of their sex change practically out of nowhere and you were forced via dialogue to be accepting of it then there might be some ground to stand on with that claim.

I can;t seem to get it to run, I use the loader but says it cant find the execute. placed it in my modules folder like it asked. I'm sad.

Tahat one. For first: play turorials, visit in campaign training grounds, exp your character.
Second: never ever allow to be swarmed. Always fight one on one. Never stay in one place.

No it won't.

incorrect.

Checked for best answer. Couched lance is the best thing since sliced bread.

Lances are objectively the best weapons on horseback, but I love cavalry swords so damn much.

It's Phantasy Calradia.

Straight up, man. If I remember correctly, the mod author didn't cut it right, so the song just abruptly ends. Fortunately I usually kill everyone just as it stops

Can confirm; it only goes for 51 seconds.

51 seconds is all I need.

use actual tactics in fights, dont just order dumb charges. place archers on a hill, infantry ahead/to the side, and then harrass manually leading cav or mounted archers around.

Or he could spam Swadian knights and never lose a skirmish.

that doesnt work if he's playing the game properly aka in a floris mod where the ai uses formations and troops are balanced better.

I really hope whatever the combat music is for bannerlord it's similar to TWs combat music

That is basically how everyone chooses their faction yes

Rodoks stronk

sure, bud

I was doing that but the faggot Khergits and Sarranid kept declaring war on me and using shit loads of cavalry.

Why aren't you guys playing Pendor?

ugly paper textures

Fixing the Swadian Knight spam by adding even more overpowered hyperfat cavalry units by the dozen is pretty boring, not to mention the claimed difficulty being just more grind.

Because I'm playing Phantasy Calradia.

Move the mouse into a direction and press the left mouse button, while in range.
Same as above. Just quicker and more prescise. Git gud.
It's not even point and click, it's just point.
It's a sandbox RPG. Do whatever. Play in character.
Who has brain cancer now?

Why hasn't anyone made an expansion upon Phantasy Calradia? I'd love to play it with a lot of the features and mini-mods other mods like A New Dawn add. Native but with orcs, elves and wizards isn't very fun IMO.

You forgot:
and

I dunno, man. Theoretically, couldn't someone just do it themselves and upload it?

the only thing i liked about phantasy calradia was the necromancy skill, even though it always felt underpowered because of the evil morality thing
wizards were fun too, but sadly an all wizard army is a bit weak once the enemy reaches you
at this point i don't think anyone is gonna bother remaking it until butterlord comes out

if it was that easy i'd have made mods ages ago
modding mount and blade is really awkward, actual gamedeving is easier to do

I've been thinking of playing Warband again, but i recall the vanilla being very lacklustre. What are the best mods with most content (bonus points if it has some sort of a story line, so that all the nobles aren't just copy and paste)?

Also, I noticed a "Viking Conquest" thing on Tale Worlds page. Is it any good?

What the fuck, dude, I was running around with 20 shadow knights flinging fireballs all over the desert and my army was always at max size because I kept raising hordes of zombies every time I slaughtered someone.

It's clumsy, you're clumsy. That means it is realistic. It also means Git Gud, which is also realistic.

"AAAGGGHHHH GIVE ME MY
SKYWIM BACK MUMMY"

viking conquest removes the sandboxy element too much, makes you focus on some story line that i didn't particularly care about

except that the raised troops were peasant tier
the only decent thing i had from necromancy were the top tier troops, especially since they could cast fireball.
but in order to get a big enough army of those, i'd have to wait weeks while dumping the shittier troops in a garrison
and at the same time, i'd still have to pay everyone, and since i'm getting the best troops prices only go up. paying for all that was a bit difficult when i was starting my kingdom and only had one castle
and sieging with undead is nigh impossible unless you have at least 50% of your troops being the top tier ones.

and mind you i was attacking the sarranids.
the fucking shittiest faction in sieges was still giving me trouble simply because they had more troops than me
the main issue with the undead is that no matter how many you raise with your health/from battle, they're not gonna be enough to establish and expand a kingdom.
and good luck getting other evil troops

Maybe Floris Mod Pack, it's a general improvement over vanilla without being a complete overhaul.

1. Do not use, for attacking, "by arrow keys" or "by movement keys," keep it at "by mouse movement." To swing left, move your mouse left slightly and left click. To block up, move your mouse up and block.
The AI does not (almost ever) bother to block your attacks. In a fight against a player, "feinting" (swing left, block, attack from a different direction) can confuse/overwhelm them and cause them to block incorrectly- doesn't work on the A.

2 ways
While moving quickly, x to couch the lance, it'll hit harder but be less maneuverable
Another way is to hold LMB, if you're moving at full speed you need to release (with a "light/heavy" lance, about the same length) 2 full horse lengths away from a still opponent.

The combat is about timing and distance.
If you're fighting another player who has 2,000 hours in game, you will lose. You will continue to lose badly for a long time. I found the best way to improve my skill was to go in duel servers against players who were infinitely my better and play against them, for newer players, it actually helps against the AI. If you can't block the AI while its just attacking you for 10 seconds, you have no chance against a good player. You can go to the training fields, ask the guy to train you, he'll send repeatedly more difficult AI against you. They can help you learn to block, which is necessary if you don't want to be shit at multiplayer.

The fastest way to be a thorn in everyone's side in multiplayer is archery. If you can learn how to be an obnoxious horse archer, which shouldn't take more than 10 hours for you to be passably okay at judging how high you need to aim up/how much you need to lead your shots, you might actually be able to get a sense of how fun the combat can be.

Also, play at a high sensitivity. Maybe not 100%, try 70% minimum, up to 95%. You should be able to block without sliding your mouse across 3 feet of table, you want to be able to make quick movements, right click, bam you'rewit blocking.

REALLY BAD HABITS FOR MELEE:
-Releasing your block without waiting for the visual/sound confirmation of your opponent hitting. Newer players will often block the correct direction, but their opponent does a "microhold" or a "hold" where they just.. hold their attack for a bit, and they release their block and get hit. Don't do it.
-Feinting every time. If you feint, instead of attacking immediately and releasing, you give your opponent time to "spam" (they send two attacks at you in a row). If you do "microholds" and just release your attacks in random intervals with your feints, spamming against you is a gamble that many people will not take (good players will do often know how to do it "safely" anyways, though).
-Your goal should not be to learn how to spam and not block. Being able to spam (just attack so quickly that someone who fights you for the first time feints and gets hit) is a shitty strategy. If someone is good and playing cautiously, spam will not work. Spam is basically saying "you assume I am actually good enough at this game to block, so you'll feint, but I'm actually shit so I'll just keep attacking under the hopes that I spam through your feints." What has resulted is that good players will generally avoid feinting for the first exchange to weed out the retards who can't block at all and just spam, so if you're a retard who can't block at all you will die. However, that's not to say aggressive strategies aren't used by good players, I'm just saying don't use blind aggression as a substitute for learning how to block and actually last in a fight for more than 3 seconds

Floris Mod Pack (lot of small improvements, has both a "minor" version and a more complete overhaul version)
Prophesy of Pendor/Phantasy Calradia, basically both add magicu and stuff like that.
Geko Kujo- GRORIOUS NIPPON Sengoku era Jappin
Light & Darkness (Basically a story mode with spooky skellingtons and shit)
L'Aigle (Napoleonic era single player)>What are the best mods with most content (bonus points if it has some sort of a story line, so that all the nobles aren't just copy and paste)?

They are, until you raise it high enough and you start raising shadows instead of zombies. Then you become a nigh-unstoppable steamroller of destruction, laying waste to the desert as the zombie horde expands further and further east. Necromancy is absolutely overpowered.

I sincerely hope this is just a (you) factory.

Did I say east? I meant… weast.

well the desert is east

Well, the idea is that you kill all the humans and replace them with mummies and shit.

It adds some cool features, has a pretty good overworld map, but is ultimately not that different from native. The ship stuff/naval battles/travel is actually fairly well done, but you can get mods for free that already have pretty okay naval stuff.

Try this one out.

jesus christ man it's not that hard to wrap your head around

Floris is a solid upgrade on the original game.

neat, gonna try this out, i always love sandro simulators

I routinely beat armies larger than mine while using only a couple dozen cavalry. The rest of my army is infantry and archers. Git gud.

I agree with this, but ever since I started just importing the same character every time I start a new game or play a new mod I find that the game goes much faster. I've played from scratch 50 times already, I have little interest in the early game.

Yeah, circling around the enemy troops while they ignore rest of your army and slowly picking them off is really hard.

You misunderstand. Most enemy armies are full of knights and mounted archers. I usually lead my cavalry to run down the horse archers while my infantry and archers take on the enemy cavalry and the rest of the enemy.

Did I say I had difficulties? I said PoP was boring, not that it was too hard for me.

If you take your time, you can have the lamest archers perforate any enemy if you are persistent enough with the advanced tactics of slowly turning while riding.

It's not worth it. The map is too balanced around the campaign (which is not too fun) to allow proper free play.

YOU are not supposed to fight always, sometimes you just have to sit back and let your army do the job.

bad idea

Considering Warband got a sex mod, there are essentially no boundaries at this point.

welp tried it
great mod so far
all the models look fucking amazing, they pretty much directly resemble their counterparts in HOMM 3
music is ripped from there, or at least i think it is
outside of the combat, it really feels like i'm playing HOMM3 again, since there's random guarded dungeons n shit all over the map that then let you train troops or get experience or an item
magic feels better than in phantasy calradia, although a bit retarded
it can easily kill half of the enemy's army, but there's friendly fire. i ended up killing the majority of my own army that way once
not to mention that you can't really aim the spells, you look somewhere in the distance, open up your spellbook, click the spell and hope you're aiming at the right place
so far the only downside is that i haven't experienced any necromancy despite being a skeleton. when i kill the enemy army, i don't magically get new skeletons on my side. then again i haven't really researched how to do it if i can

any low fantasy or good fictional worlds mods?

God clearly wanted to remove the heretics.

But that's just blood&gold features :^)

I grew bored of this game because of the existence of Swadian Knights, and how they invalidate pretty much every other unit in the game.

Any mods that rebalance the game so I can't just spam Swadian Knights in every situation?

Pleb tastes.

Somehow , i got a more realistic medieval warfare on M&B than on Medieval II.

There's Perisno and Pendor.

Medieval 2 is better for mass combat, plenty of mods can make it ball breakingly realistic, M&B is better at simulating your tactical masterplan turning into a shitshow ffa with frantic lmb spamming 20 seconds into a fight.

Both of these systems have their merits but M&B's the one showing improvement instead of turning into some arcade shit.

r u ok
this level of stupidity isn't natural

REIN SCHABREFEHUEN

it's a meme you dip, like witcher and stalker

Back to >>>/reddit/

someone with your level of shit taste belongs on reddit actually

you ate the bait from le ebin baitmaster user

I wiped my ass with Prophecy of Pendor on 83% difficulty in one of the most strategically terrible factions in the Mod, Fierdsvain. It has a start of getting your ass consistently handed to you, but once you hit the tournaments and hire some quality mercs, its nothing but smooth sailing.

Also, Nordlands forever, Mongol horsefuckers, Tzar dicksuckers, Harlaus assmunchers, Sicilian niggerlovers, and Muhamadeen penis dockers

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting
Fuck, I miss the days when we barely had any rusemans around.

Eat shit faggot, Ill see you in the open fields so you can die of hunger when the winter comes inside your stone prisons you once called Castles.

Are we getting raided?

feels good man

It was only a matter of time till the Untermensch came through. Let me call up your Khergit buddies so we can have a good chuckle about your heavy calvalry you fattie fucking degenerate subhuman.

Reminder that the Khergits are fucking subhumans

that's brazil for you, they hold these yearly

Team up with a king attacking a pack of bandits, order your troops to sit on a corner, shoot with a bow from behind your troops and reap rewards

Pretty sure you can make a case for literally any country in Europe to be the legitimate heir of the Roman Empire with just a bit of mental gymnastics, and this pic proves it

oh i figured it out
the player himself isn't a necromancer, BUT liches and power liches can raise dead enemy troops in battle
which turned out to be overpowered
with around 30 liches/power liches and around 40 other infantry fodder i took a castle of 200 people, since i was constantly raising their dead
by the end of the battle we had around 130 surplus skeletons/zombies
sadly you don't get to keep them after the battle
i rebelled against the undead kingdom to get the castle, and stopped their sieges three times because of liches being broken
eventually they came with a 1000 man army. i lost that time, but of course i took down around 600 of them with me

i think anons still mad it wont be free

Turkey is not Europe merkel

They don't do so swell on hilly terrain against infantry or in castle battles. But you're right an all cavalry army is a little more expensive to run but you're so fast on the battle map and mounted troops will slaughter most noble armies.

Any army made up entirely of top tier troops will wreck the lords armies even if they typically outnumber you but knights will cause a lot more casualties to the enemy for fewer losses. Maybe some of the archers are a bit weak and will lose badly if outnumbered without infantry mix due to poor armor.

The best thing about Swadian knights is without a doubt their heavy armor which gives them great 'tank HP' and the horse which effectively doubles their HP since most attacks hit the horse first and it's pretty well armored.

On the downside the lower tier Swadian man at arms isn't so great due to unarmored horse and semi-decent gear. So you usually need a good amount of training skill in your party to really take advantage of them.

They are very disadvantaged in castle battles and you will take heavy casualties when you could have taken cheaper or better foot units. If you mix in archers you lose a lot of the mobility on the world map of an all cav army.

On the other hand you can ride around a lot faster so that means you might spot and be able to siege a poorly garrisoned castle. While a slow mixed army wouldn't arrive in time before enemy reinforcements.

I wouldn't say they were overpowered, they have a role and perform best on flat open fields without archers. They will completely fuck even nord armies on the right terrain.

Mixed armies actually perform worse than all cav armies on field battles with favorable terrain. The only reason to take a small mix of infantry and archers is to cope with very hilly maps.

10/10

Thank fuck the Sarranigs have the shittiest everything in the game. They're such a mediocre faction. Their cities are massively spread out and hard to defend, all their trade goods are shit and their cities have insufficient cheap food like bread or fish. Their archers are expensive and lose out in DPS to vaegirs and their weapon is shit. Their infantry wear burqas for armor and the turban nerds best unit is a half-assed imitation of the superior swadian knight that half the time spawns on a faster horse with no armor. Leading to them being strung out, getting dehorsed and saraslammed.

The only thing they have is cute waifus and interesting architecture/defenses and you can't get those by conquering them. Probably the least horrible siege battles in the game.

oh i also forgot to mention, if you haven't already seen from my pics, you can have mounts in sieges
not that they're any use, since they'll usually be killed by their own units when they try to break down the gate
and when defending there's nowhere to really use a horse
but still, it's nice to know that you get horses in sieges

Meant the archers melee weapons suck and that you can't get their waifus through conquering. You can get the architecture by conquering them tho, it's the only reason to even go into that shitty desert.

Also the desert bandits are the most annoying in the game, even worse than tundra bandits.

One of my favorite tactics in vanilla is going mercenary for whoever is warring the khergits or swadians then waiting until they raid a village and attacking. It forces them to attack on foot while your forces keep their mounts. They still do surprisingly well when they don't get their horses stuck on fences. The pathfinding in the game sucks I hope they improve it in MWB2. I wonder how it deals with the new destroyable fortifications.

I forgot to mention importantly they don't use any silly tactics like waiting on a hill or skirmishing. They just charge as a mob and that makes cutting them down from the flanks easier. A lot of maps have chokepoints like little bridges and fenced areas. With a two handed weapon you can really make a mess of them while they can't touch you. It's borderline exploiting.

He means lead your men but don't get killed doing it. Retreating is actually a good option a lot of the time. You don't take heavy casualties if you have good tactics skill.

Im actually Rhodok IRL

i think you have misunderstood magic system, you can raise them yourself in battle

how? at this point even without liches i'm seeing them randomly being raised but i can't tell if i'm doing anything special
is it just at some random point during a battle?

bring up spellbook in combat with b
select one of the two raise dead spells
then raise dead

which are the raise dead abilities
i can't find descriptions on them, and the icons themselves are blurry since i have no clue how to fix that

They are HoMM III spell icons, you should play it.
heroes.thelazy.net/wiki/Spells you lazy faggot

i literally can't make out the icons ingame, they're all blurry because of some driver update i did ages ago
i'm guessing that it's this one

straight to
Stopped reading there.

Oh, you're good, user. You're real good.

google.com.au/search?q=taste of a liar&client=firefox-b-ab&biw=1043&bih=902&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwj04ruUw_3NAhWJi5QKHSbhB5wQ_AUIBigB#imgrc=kezIxx-VeSY-mM:

Am I supposed to be upset or something?

Why would you be?

I dunno, man.

Gread quads for a great weapon. The awlpike leaves gerat freedom of movement and allows you to stab those lance-couchers in the sides.

I can't believe I forgot where the butterlord meme came from.

discovering it again made floris playable

BUTTER FOR THE BUTTERGOD

Where can I find more of Rejenorst's music? This song is fucking amazing.

Maybe it's just my game but it seems like Ravenstern is fucking unstoppable. They've been buttfucking Fierdsvain and Sarleon without me getting involved.

I tried playing a game as Fierdsvain and again we got buttfucked by Ravenstern it's ridiculous.

Aww, did the northman forget to bring pole arms to a cavalry fight? It's okay, show us where our knights touched you

1. go into options
2. turn on mouse movement for attack and block directions
3. learn to click

git gud

Oh it's a bait thread. Nevermind.

there appears to be a womyn in control of the printing press..

remove thyself, wench, before I summon my vaegir cohorts, they are squatting in the tavern

Vaegir/Nord mischling checking in, we are the true Übermenschen, nords wont survive on their own, especially against the inevitable brown horde

the darkies are coming, and I dont mean that in the louis ck way

Back to the barn, butterboy.

i'm conflicted as to which mod to play right now
i want to play phantasy calradia, since it's a bit more challenging as a necromancer there than in chronicles of might and magic
but i also want to play chronicles, since you're not the only casting spells there (unless we count shooting magic missiles by the wizards in phantasy calradia as casting a spell)
then i also wanted to try out prophecy of pendor since it's soundtrack sounds great. but it doesn't have playable skeletons which kind of ruins it for me

Go back to your long ships snownigger, you never have or ever will be the true inheritors of the Calradian Empire.

What good are your peashooters against a wall of wood, pony-boy? Maybe all that butter's gone to your head and clogged an artery or two.

shiggy

Wish some ancient magician joined in and cast this, embed related:

This thread made me start Warband too and after starting and deleting 3 characters im slowly getting the hang of it. Its pretty fun but the step from wandering knight to Vassal or mercenary just fucks me up big time

same thing
all they do is shoot shit
and i think there were paladins/shamans that could heal
as far as i can see COMM has more spells and they're more varied
medusas can stun you, devils can teleport, vampire lords can turn into bats to move faster, liches can raise the dead. some of the erathian soldiers could heal too

why even bother being a vassal
getting land that way is a lot harder, not to mention that you might actually be getting less profits than as a mercenary
just go mercenary and build up an army, and when you feel confident quit your contract and start conquering shit

But can they cast haste? It's probably the most broken spell in Phantasy.

Do a bunch of tournaments until you're decked out in top-tier gear, and then recruit a bunch of hired blades. Grind some sea raiders for exp and pump points into charisma for higher leadership and prisoner management. Continue to build your mercenary army until you're comfortable joining up as a mercenary to someone, and then raid villages for easy money. From there it's just a matter of babysitting units until they hit max.

My most recent run is not allowing myself to have any troops. Just me and my companions. I have to guard the capital completely by myself from any siegers, and give every other fief to a lord under my command.

So far I've conquered the northern third of Japan, from Ainu lands to Date lands and we're starting on the Hojo.

that is what i do, but only after i've become a mercenary and perfected my army as much as i can
joining a lord seems absolutely stupid since they'd never give me land, but being a mercenary means that i'd hardly have to spend money on my troops weekly wage, making it easier to create a strong army
on a side note, is there any way i can slap diplomacy onto other mods?

Most mods that work with diplomacy already include it, honestly. If it's not in there already it probably isn't compatible somehow.

basically i wanted to put diplomacy in COMM or phantasy calradia, since recruiting zombies myself takes forever

Recruiting zombies?
Do you mean the mummies you get from towns, or the ones you raise as a necromancer?
God fucking damn I wish Phantasy had all the features from bigger mods, I've already dumped 150 hours into it as is

you get zombies from villages in COMM
they then level up to skeleton->armed skeleton->skeleton warrior->wight->lich->power lich
there's other upgrades but i haven't bothered with them since i wanted power liches

Oh, yeah.
I'm surprised there isn't a straight up necromancer mod. No extra towns or factions or anything, just you and a whole shitload of bones and death magic.

there was a pretty awesome mod - blood and steel - that gave you an optional waiting period of around 40 days or so to build up your army, after which an undead faction would show up.
they had better troops by far, and would start invading from a tomb south of sarranid lands
another army shows up on the map with paladins n shit, around 2k troops. they patrol the lands chasing undead
although you can't actually do any necromancy in there, you could aid the paladins, defeat an army of the undead, and take their items
and once you have items from the undead, you pretty much become a force of nature, you're strong, have lots of health, you're faster than a horse.
basically i ended up taking all the undead items and giving them to myself and companions. after that i simply ignored the undead since they were weak and started attacking other kingdoms with my newfound powers
and i'd still be playing the mod if the fucking paladins weren't bugged. if you get close to them, they keep chasing you and asking if you've seen any undead nearby, and the only way to stop them from doing that is by hiding in a castle. good luck reaching a castle though, you're gonna end up speaking to the paladins at least 30 times

It's a shame that it's dead. The last version is really buggy, there's glitchy magical forcefields near the rivers, many items are invisible in the inventory, etc. etc. I had some fun joining in a battle against golems in the desert. Maybe someone could make a clone of it?

Am I the only one who tried Viking Conquest?

eh, if making mods for this game was easy, i'd have made a single player necromancer/zulu mod ages ago
but the process looks so weird that i just don't feel like bothering

i didn't like it. strays way too much from the original gameplay

Why did everyone suddenly start baiting M&B fans?

Fuck off dude. Don't like it, don't play it.

don't be silly, we've had threads like this before
i remember the guy saying that WASD for attack direction was better than the mouse

I use WASD to attack and block, but mouse blocking is objectively superior

Nah its just RNGsus, its usually either Empire or DShar going nuts

once one faction starts taking towns the faction balance gets all over the place and the game keeps snowballing to the point the map doesnt even resemble the starting conditions

This.

In my Phantasy game, the undead empire actually got the shit stomped out of them by the Sarranids… somehow. Yet, when I thought they were gone for good, I realized one of them had captured a small castle in the mountains near Halmar. So now all of them are operating out of a single castle and village, burning with vengeance to take back the Obsidian Spire.
I'm really tempted to join them and win back all their land for myself.

I just don't want to spread my skills too thin with all the management skills and I don't want to open up a spreadsheet of which companion isn't a pussy who doesn't like raiding villages or killing

the method for getting a lot of money reliably requires planning, but is rather simple.

-start out independent, train your troops by fighting sea raiders near Rivacheg and Wercheg. this will also ensure that you have plenty of mid-tier equipment for yourself and companions, which you can also sell. the sea raider bases spawn bands of sea raiders over time so don't clear them out while you're farming.

-when you have enough soldiers to defend yourself against Lords, start raiding villages like crazy. this will gain you a lot of loot which will sell for a few thousand each time. (keep in mind that this will lower your honour which will make Lords with certain personality types dislike you. you can gain honour by releasing lords you have defeated instead of capturing them, or by refusing the reward for the assassinate the criminal quest)

-repeat until you have 10,000 denars which will allow you to buy the weavery and dyeworks enterprise in a town, which will typically give you 500-600+ denars per week. you can build one of these in any town, you just need to talk to the Guild Master. (you will not be able to build an enterprise in a town whose lord dislikes you however, see above)

-Keep raiding villages and establishing enterprises until you have a comfortable profit margin, at which point you can stop raiding and focus on regaining your honour rating by doing quests and such.

Git Gud you fucking shitter.

you don't know shit nigger, i married the king's daughter, cucked him out of his kingdom and imprisoned him on the same castle his daughter lives in with me.

Getting rich is easy, the hard part for me is troop numbers. No matter what I do I always find myself hemorrhaging top-tier troops faster than I can reasonably train them, and AI lords always have retarded amounts of troops behind them whenever they target my holdings.

recruit every single man you can, hire all rescued prisoners. Run around with shit tier troops. if you can't have more men throw your most trained ones in your castle, focus on getting numbers when you can't get quality since numbers alone play a huge role on how likely someone is to try to fuck with you and the more you outnumber someone the bigger will be your tactical advantage in a fight. Befriend the big guys to the point you can get friendly vassals to follow you and do things you order them to even though you have no rule over them (for instance i turned the king i cucked into my errand boy and made him guard my castle based on our false friendship, the submissive fuck fought troops 3x his size and then thanked me for being the cause of his army being almost completely dead when the fight was over). Sooner or later the few highly trained troops you throw in your castle every now and then will form a mighty army that you can call in when needed but in the meantime you're relying on numbers to do your heavy lifting

Should I be hoarding troops from one factions or from all factions? I don't know how hard the morale penalty would affect them

If morale is an issue buy a bigger variety of food, i don't really care as long as they aren't deserting but the lower the morale your troops have the worse they perform, should be easy but expensive to keep a high variety of food though.
Personally i never had any issues with troops from all factions being part of my army but that doesn't matter for troops in your castle since morale has no effect on them

>kill this horse preferably with spear thrusts to the rear
Welcome, you are now one with the way of the hobo knight.

That plan sorta falls flat for me when individual lords can have so many more troops than I can at any given time, unless I keep pulverising them as soon as they reappear on the map after I previously beat them. That, and hoarding men leads to exorbitant weekly costs which is made difficult to fulfill thanks to enterprises in hostile factions being useless.

Get that slave trade going, fill your inventory with gear from defeated armies

nigger pls

How do you deal with the 500+ stacks of men that the AI pulls off? Even when I was cheesing with Swadian knights and Rhodok sharpshooters I was having trouble.

during sieges?

if the AI turns up with a big army of 500-1000+ there's not much you can do. If you let them take the fief, the garrison they leave will initially be small. you can then resiege it and talk to the garrison commander, who'll usually surrender if you outnumber him.
otherwise, try raising an army of knights (swadian, mercenary cavalry, mamlukes or sword sisters) of at least 60-80. you should be able to just run around defeating lord parties, in which case they'll be significantly reduced in number when they siege you. if you defeat a lord their relation with their king goes down. defeat them enough times and they won't turn up when their marshal declares a campaign.
the enemy faction will also ask for a truce if you defeat them enough times.

in general, you'd want to start up your own faction by attacking the fief of a faction that's already in a war and/or in a vulnerable position. then stay aggressive until they ask for a truce.

The last time I seriously tried to build a kingdom I roamed around with 60+ Swadian knights and just curb-stomped the Khergits so hard that eventually their parties were that small that I couldn't catch them. The Vaegirs came and fucked up my holdings though. Between the sharpshooters and their giant axes, my mens' shields didn't stand a chance. Before that I was ruler of the western Sarranid lands under the Rhodok king, but the Sarranids proved a much tougher foe than the Khergits to grind down.

i think i finally did it
after around 800 ingame days, at lesat 500 of which were on and off wars with the sarranids, i have finally conquered more than one castle
i managed to beat the sarranids mostly because i was constantly taking troops from my garrison (which is currently at least twice as much as in any other city, i was just dumping all my lesser undead in it, and non-evil troops)
i gave the 2 castles i took to my followers
swadia finally gave up on warring with me, simply since we're too far away to bother fighting, so now i've got money from businesses there too
after i finally chose to accept the sarranid's peace treaty, at least 4 lords from surrounding kingdoms joined me
right now, i'm just gonna strengthen my army till my treaty with the sarranids ends, then i'll destroy what remains of them in order to get a city near the sea. after that i'll probably become a tradesman with a ship or something

Are you implying thats somehow bad?
Drinking with your soldiers and companions is glorius.

yeah that can be a problem if multiple factions declare war against you at once.
in my current playthrough i spent a lot of time independent just building myself up at first, so I got most of the factions to have a relation with me in the positive by helping them out ( saving villagers and caravans from bandits, etc). this seems to prevent them from declaring war, or at least reduce the likelihood.
in this game when i conquered my first fief, only swadia and the nords had a relation of 0 with me, the others were around 2-8, and so far only swadia and the nords have fought me.

Given that I'll just be doing chores around the house and then I'll hear dudes singing about drinking and dancing in my head, and then I'll feel the rush of a cavalry charge slicing into another army, and then the pounding of the war drums fill my head and the bloodlust seeps in.
This game is addictive.

With formations, I've always had success ordering my infantry to form a square when I see a cavalry charge incoming. I'll lose a few guys in the front, but the horses will get bogged down in the square. Many enter, few leave.

Isn't that how you're actually supposed to counter calvary charges? Bunch all your dudes on a hill?

Yup.

Yeah, rivers and hills totally fuck cavalry. Put a square in the creekbed and it'll be a slaughter. But you have to watch for their archers bunching on the river banks and chewing up your troops.

But the square works even on flat terrain, as long as you have enough men.

I meant in real life.

Pikes and loud noises generally do the job anyway. Horses are living creatures, too - they don't really like to run into long pointy things or loud smokey things.

Cavalry charges on organised infantry are retarded anyway. Cavalry's purpose is primarily to flank occupied groups, and to chase down routed enemies.

In real life you'd preferably want a few lines of pikes to brace to break the charge.

Cavalry charges were devastating against undisciplined opponents, but not so much against well trained and armed ones.

I really wish Bannerlord has some kind of castle creation system, I would kill to actually be able to have a set battleground that's basically to my choosing. Like, I find a nice spot where two rivers meet, so I build a castle in the corner and all my sieges are actually like that.

I know it won't happen, but gee willikers would it be neato.

Here's some dudes discussing the use of pikes vs cavalry and various formations.

historum.com/war-military-history/62748-how-did-pikemen-battle-cavalry.html

Also many mods for Warband include the ability to have infantry brace polearms for a charge.

I distinctly remember that in a really buggy Game of Thrones mod I played. Very fun stuff, but it was broken buggy, from what I remember. Wonderful tactical options, though.

why even fucking live

fire with sword has that

i think it has something like that
once you gain a fief, you can build a castle near it
no clue if you choose exactly where though
and also in sieges, you can choose what siege equipment stays in certain spots

Hopefully we have more options for upgrading fiefs, too. Imagine if we could eventually turn it into a real city.

Are there any mods that have naval travel and combat as a common thing? I know in Floris and its derivatives you can buy ships, but there's no point other than to avoid enemies on the shore, and if you can afford a ship, you can afford the troops to fight those enemies off.

eh, in the clash of king mods there's two continents and some islands, so sailing and getting into combat in the sea is pretty common
it's pretty bland though, you're just waiting for either army to die till you finally cross onto the other ship

There are sea battles in Floris too, but there's not much to do at sea besides attack merchants and sea raiders.

Sounds boring. I don't like Game of Thrones either, so I doubt I'll play that mod.

It's much easier to fight them on land though, partly because you don't need to blow 50 000 denars to fight them.

Is there any mod where i can fight with the byzantines?
I want to remove inbred kebab and treacherous venetian scum.
Also, is it wrong if i pretend vaegirs are byzantines instead or ukranian/russians?

kebabs are qt tbh

Dandolo did nothing wrong. The Byzantine Empire was a failed state that needed to be put out of its misery. Mehmed II was doing God's work.

I do not know if youre aware, but youre supposed to remove muslims on a crusade, not christians that want to help in keeping them out of the hloy lands.

Schismatics got what was coming to them.

kek

Also, poor locations don't pull as many soldiers out of the ass. rape and pillage their villages

prophesy of pendor lets you have a ton of upgrades for fiefs, they'll never be cities but you get similar funcionality in the end

what do you anons think about my OC?

this is on my other save where i decide to be a family man loyal to my king
that whole war was extremely profitable and we're 1 step ahead slavic world domination

muh nigga

what the fuck how am i supposed to beat a vanskerry landing?

wat anime?

turned out nearly my whole realm was imprisoned by the sarranids
why the fug are my vassals so incompetent that they can't stay out of prison
making one of my vassals the marshalp turned out to be the worst possible ideas out there

KAWAII KAWAII

get the blunt lance, too. couched damage is already high enough that you'll still instagib puny light armored soldiers and it allows you to also instagib the big guys and knock everybody unconscious.

better than having your entire realm on a feast while your castle gets sieged by the entire realm you're at war with

well my entire realm did go on feasts a lot, we just weren't sieged at the time

Bannerlord is going to make this even more fun?

I think you need to write your posts with capitals.

user, I don't understand your post.