I am going to be extremely vague here, so please bare with me

I am going to be extremely vague here, so please bare with me.
I need a game that I can play for long stretches of time.
I want the game to have a lot of depth, whatever genre it is in. Management, survival, strategy, I don't give a damn. I just want a game that makes me think, gives me lots of options, and preferably has a lot of replayability.
PC only, and good controls would be a plus but not a requirement.
Got anything?
tl;dr games with depth.

Other urls found in this thread:

rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=69883534#69883534
nws-online.proboards.com/thread/335/rtw-rule-waves-information-downloads
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ArmA2.

Dragon's Dogma for SURE.

Stalker
Gothic
Risen 1

Elona+

It's a Japanese roguelike with a lot of depth. You can farm (as in growing plants), you can fuck waifus (fade to black), you can be a bard, you can go fishing, and a buncha other shit. If you've never tried it, go do it.

Stalker
Poschengband
Furryclysm Dark Yiffs Ahead Cataclysm Dark Days Ahead
Elona+
Aurora
Distant Worlds Universe
Rule the Waves
Prison Architect
Spacechem
TIS 1000
Expeditions Conquistador
Stranger of Sword City
UnReal World
Tropico 3
OpenTTD
Toribash
Jailbait on the Interstate

EU3

Mount and Blade

Dragon's Dogma
Age of Decadence
Expeditions: Conquistador
Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai
Stalker: SOC

Might & Magic 4+5: World of Xeen

Settlers 2/it's open source clone Widelands

Heroes of Might & Magic 3

Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday and its sequel Matrix Cubed

Morrowind (duh)

Can reccomend everything this user suggested.

Very difficult to have fun with without friends interested in it.

1. I did not care for it, nor see any significant depth or reason to invest time in it.
2. Currently playing it, it seems like the best choose your own adventure book ever, but a shitty game.
3. Irredeemably shit from what I recall.
4. Fun, but very shallow.
5. I have played the fuck out of it already.

Which Gothic? I tried to play the first and it gave me eye cancer.
Risen seemed mediocre, but I only played 40 minutes. What depth does it have?

I remember that being esoteric as fuck, I should probably try it again.

That's a big list.
2. I will actually try this, as I have too little not DCSS traditional RL experience.
3. One of my favorite games.
5. Unstable as fuck, annoying to install, but man it has some cool shit.
6. After you get into it it has surprisingly little depth. I still love the game, but it's really simple at its core.
7.Do you have a torrent link? I really want to try it.
8. Another game I quite 20 minutes in.
9.Puzzle games don't really interest me that much.
10. That looks neat, how much prior knowledge does it require?
12. Never heard of it. Looks like any JRPG. What depth does it have?
13. How is it compared to cata DDA? Never played it, will look into it.
15. I can never get into these transport games. They just make me want to manage industry.
16. Looks neat
17. eh

I've had my fill of grand strategy for now.

Waiting on 2

I find the HOMM formula boring as shit, but I don't know much about the series.

The right choice is Deus Ex

Gothic 1 and 2. 3 is oblivion teir bad. I think gothic is a 2000~ game. Risen is basically gothic with 2008 graphics and much, much better controls. The combat is sort of like dark souls yes i know "dark souls". So there is alot of depth in the combat and different weapons. Pick risen back up, it gets really good.

Mount and Blade, I could play this game forever and never be bored, even without mods.

Emulate Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite on PPSSPP

disgaea games are on steam now. tons of depth but you kinda have to like the genre

MHP3rd HD is better. and in english

Divinity: Original Sin

I emulated some MH, I forget which.
It seemed to be about grinding and combat timing, and nothing else.
I could find nothing appealing.

Never played a disgaea game. If I recall those are the JRPG games that are a precurser to persona, right?
Could you give me an overview of them?

Kek. Shin megami tensei and disgaea are 2 completely different series. You were thinking of SMT. disgaea is a TRPG that focuses mainly on grinding, and grinding efficently.
The shin megami tensei games are pretty good if you want a dungeon crawler. They have demon negotiation and summoning demons for use as party members.

For you.
rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=69883534#69883534
And the latest patch: nws-online.proboards.com/thread/335/rtw-rule-waves-information-downloads
I'm going to ballpark and say TIS 1000 doesn't require a lot of prior knowledge. That being said, I've never played it, so take that with a grain of salt.
I wouldn't call SoSC the deepest game, but it's a sołid recent DRPG release. The permadeath adds some tension to the battles, and the multiclassing allows for some seriously beefy characters. And the hunting of box type monsters to progress through the game is a novel feature, if you ask me. Nothing revolutionary, but novel nonetheless. Has a hella nice art style, but you can add custom portraits instead of using the vanilla ones.
I'm having a bit of a hard time comparing UnReal World to Cata. It's survival in iron age Finland, with some troublesome Ruskies running around making things difficult for honest Fins. Has a nice element of mysticality that I haven't seen in any other roguelikes.

you are a funny guy user

its a turnbased strategy rpg. you could just watch a gameplay video to get a general idea. there are a lot of mechanics and possibilities and an autistic numbers game. maybe just pirate it first to see if its your thing

Cata has great crafting and decent survival elements, which is why I asked for a comparison

also
This looks totally legit

I haven't put as much time into URW as I would like, so I can't make much of a comparison. There's heat, cold, farming, crafting for a bunch of survival/hunting tools, and so on. The typical things you'd expect a self sufficient iron age person to be capable of making.
And that download is the same download that's been posted in the past few RTW threads. You could always just buy it if you don't like the odds.

project zomboid
CK2
sunless sea

You could try any of the X3 series of games. They can be a bit boring, but they do have depth.

OpenXcom is also fairly deep, especially if you mod it to the point where you're lucky to survive the first month.

If you enjoy depth out of relationships that don't really affect gameplay, Dwarf Fortress might be your thing. But at the same time it isn't THAT deep.

I remember playing Anno (1404 to be precise) and wasting 5 hours without realizing it (except for the nifty reminder that you are playing for 5 continous hours and should stop). The economy and resource management does get a bit convuluted when you get to the last stages of the economy (And that's something good!)

Victoria 2 is also good, and it's economy it's quite complicated (In a good way).

Alpha protocol, haven't tried it but seen good things about it. Should check everything on your list.

Why haven't you fucks posted this yet?

Factorio man. Autism central.

that made me laugh harder than it should have

Dwarf Fortress is the last video game you'll ever need.

Rule the Waves.

and the last one you will ever see. after using it with the disgusting UI you will pop your own eyes with a spoon

It's not terribly deep from a gameplay perspective, but if you're the right kind of player, you can sink a LOT of hours into Binding of Isaac and/or similar games. Not to mention actual roguelikes.
I'm a faggot for this, but few games give you as much to think about at once as Dota. If you don't get mad at games and you can deal with the fact that it's a competitive multiplayer game and has a terrible community, you can spend tens of thousands of hours trying to master it.

Any RTS in existence?

The other Divinity games are pretty good as well.
Except Beyond Divinity.

That travesty of a game. After +100 hours in DD, I installed Beyond Divinity thinking it'd be as awesome as the first game.

Oh, man, Little did I know. Only 4 fucking hours (ad that because I tried to get in the game on 3 different occasions), before being permanently sick of that game.

You can play one game of russian roulette by yourself and it'll last for the rest of your life

I don't know what the fuck went wrong with BD.
Even Divinity II -the game pretty much everybody forgot about- was better than it.
It was developed by the same studio, but it was so fucking bad.

i didn't bother reading your long-ass replies but if you're into RPGs then pic related is my vote for possibly the best first-person dungeon crawler of all time