Journey

Can someone tell me if this is worth 12 euros? I'm a poorfag that has a limited selection of games to buy and this is one of the options.
From what i've heard Journey is rather short but ''beautiful", Flow is just meh and Flower is a 5 minute tech demo.

It's a shitty walk simulator with barely any gameplay.

Journey will last you about 2 hours. It's probably the only game that's actually done the Walking Simulator side of things correctly.

I'd wait until they're cheaper tbh.

You could buy something better for that money.

It's shit, buy a better game instead

Well yeah, probably but i am still considering this because it seems like it could be fun but a lot of the things i've heard about don't sound too good.

Tell me, is the gameplay any good? I hear the presentation is nice but i want to know about the gameplay, whats it like?

Move around and walk.

Oh yeah also jump

Flow and Flower are interesting for about 10 minutes each. They're "art games" in the most boring sense of the term.

It's just a movie with freedom of movement. It's an "experience," and while I enjoyed it, it's not much of a game.

Surely there are some puzzles or platforming, right?

At best they will last you 10 hours all games together.
If you have disposable income journey is nice but i say you can get get games with a better playtime/price ratio.

There's some mild platforming and you can chirp at your bro and look around for shit to get the White Robe, but uh…yeah, that's it.

Gameplay is a bunch of pretty easy jumping puzzles and some fun desert sliding. I enjoyed Journey for what it was but don't come in expecting a particularly deep or long game.

Fucking really? Thats it? Did this game really get so much praise just because of that ending part? yes i know about the reveal at the end

Critics are dumb as rocks, more news at 7

Yeah but this game got quite the praise from both the critics and the normalfags. How did it suddently become so known anyway? Wasn't it just another psn title? How the hell did it's popularity suddently skyrocket?

No, it's not worth the money. It is the best walking simulator ever made, but that's not saying much.

It got a lot of praise because it's a 10 on the Style meter, maybe a 1 on the Substance, but Style is all faggot reviewers care about.

Dude the game is good, but after i bought it and played it and liked it, i would give it a value of five bucks.
Talking about journey, the other two games look like shit.

You have to remember this was back in early PS3 days. Fags were desperate to validate their purchase.

It a nice experience .
Play it alone and in a dark room.

Well, i guess it's a good thing i avoided the whole 7th gen shitfest entirely, i just stuck to playing ps2 and pc games. I bought my ps3 just weeks before the ps4 got released so now i have an entire cheap library to explore.

Indie/San Francisco clique connections.
IGDA have their mitts on this. Kelley Santiago ring any bells?

It's a walking simulator, I enjoyed it a lot and think it's a walking simulator done well but it's still a walking simulator. Don't go into this expecting much of a story or gameplay, it's pretty much all atmosphere and "the experience". I know that sounds shit but it's pretty nice if you like that kinda stuff.

The gameplay is moving around with extremely minor platforming and exploration, I repeat MINOR platforming and exploration so don't expect anything approaching an actual platforming game. The platforming is pretty much just jumping around onto platforms and sliding.

I'd recommend it if you are not opposed to the idea of a low gameplay walking simulator and can get it cheap. A playthrough will take an hour or two at most but it can be a pretty nice experience if you don't go into it expecting shit and are willing to just enjoy the atmosphere. 12 Euros is probably too much if you don't have spare money to burn. Just don't buy it expecting a gaming masterpiece then bitch about it here when it's a 2 hour walking simulator because that is all it's trying to be.

Probably not. Its a 2 hour long really, really cool experience. But you wont get much out of it.

Look into the PSN sale, i just got some for £4 because fuck paying £25 for a 7 hour walking game.

*SOMA

One one hand, its comfy, relaxing, and one of the few games to actually do the walking simulator thing in any form of decent, but on the other its one of, if not THE reason why walking simulators are a fucking epidemic right now. If you HAVE to get it, get it for cheaper than that at the very least.

flOw is pretty good, but it's a free game on the pc

it's really not bad.

more of an art piece/experience. if you'd pay 12 bucks for a movie it wont disappoint.

OP, listen to me. Journey is not a video game. It somewhat looks like a video game, but there is no substance to this thing at all whatsoever. You control a little character who can make chirping noises, jump, glide for short distances, and slide. Some of the sliding segments can be amusing, but there is no challenge involved. This game has a fantastic soundtrack and some very pleasant visuals that are complimented by an equally fantastic artstyle, but that's it. Watch that shit on Youtube.

The game could've been made to have a series of interesting puzzles, or perhaps some interesting platforming sections that utilize the gliding and sliding mechanics in interesting ways, but that isn't what happens. It's a walking simulator. Don't believe the hype. Save your money.

None of those are worth shit.

Buy one cheap actual video game instead of 3 shallow faux walking simulators