I'm not a fatlus

On an impulse because I've just been kinda pining for a new JRPG I bought the SMT#FE crossover game

I haven't played many SMT games but of the ones I've played I didn't enjoy and found bland for a lot of reasons, but I heard that this game at least has some good dungeons and an alright combat system (that I have yet to see the full breadth of)

Are the battles really going to just be selecting ATTACK over and over? Absolutely no semblance of strategy whatsoever, no turn order changing attacks, no actual difficulty whatsoever?

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-restoration.429651/
twitter.com/meme_look/status/753035346816806913
amazon.com/Zero-Time-Dilemma-3DS-Nintendo/dp/B010U1DNE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468712495&sr=8-1&keywords=zero time dilemma 3ds
archive.is/igYhf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You are not one, but you sure asbhell act as one.

should just play Super Robot Wars instead

it's okay to buy games occasionally as long as you don't go overboard user

how much did that game sell?
I hope it flopped harder than battleborn

>>>/suicide/

Alright I'm sold, a quick search reveals it has a BILLION games.

Where would you recommend I start? It's a lot of shit to go through so if the earlier ones aren't worth it I don't want to bother.

No It's shit, FE has gone to complete shit and SMT's probably going too.
SMTXFE manages to be the perfect cancer.

Sold worse than Battleborn over in the UK in it's first week if that does anything for you.

Play Devil Survivor Overclocked.

This. And the theme for Overclocked is kickass.

This is one of my favorite themes, it's so good.

Why is DeSu 1 so much better than DeSu 2?
Why did they had to personafy it?

It's the same "Find out the weakness and use it to get everybody to get an extra attack in" as other SMT games, but the game is in no way a pushover in terms of difficulty if you're playing anything above easy. And there are turn-order changing attacks to be found later on, even passives that change how much threat a character generates when attacking.

I pirated it and patched it with the uncensored version and was pleasantly surprised by how not-crap the game was.

Did you even play it for more than five minutes? You're not even supposed to ever use the attack command.

Only 4-5 games are actually translated

I recommend starting with Alpha Gaiden, good difficulty, good unit selection and the only way to get the true ending is being good, NG+ gives you whatever money you had in the last mission PLUS a bonus amount (makes getting true ending a bit easier on the 2nd go around)

newer games are piss easy

the mainline SRW titles are the ones with all the mecha anime cross overs with the banpresto originals getting their own games (the OG games)

here's a trailer for the newest one coming out

is there nudity in it or something?

Tweaked outfits to show less skin, bumped a character's age up, turned the female crotch region under a skirt from panties into a black void.

is that it?

because I just don't really care about any of that

Other than overall 'tweaked' dialog, localized and whatnot, like any other Atlus localization, that's it.

Apparently the censorship was all Nintendo's idea, despite Atlus doing the localization.

Wait, zakus, gundams, chogokins, evangelions.

What am I even looking at.

I want to be the zakus.

Nintendo blamed Atlus on the cucked localisation, as if nobody noticed that Nintendo has been doing this for years and Atlus isn't doing censorship on this level on any platform besides Nintendo

DeSu 1 was probably a case where they didnt expect a sequel, so they made the game they wanted to make. Everything about that game really clicked. Granted I havent played Record Breaker, maybe that improves over 2.

Does Nintendo have no shame?

They made Paper Mario Color Splash. I dont think shame or logic is in their vocabulary.

YES! Keep supporting our localized games goy, together we can stop those pesky, privileged straight white males from lusting after 2D! Now we can get more Natazia™ and Estrostep✡ pill sales than ever before!
t. Your Greatest Ally

No you didn't. They never made a crossover. The game you're talking about is a mindless collaboration with no real identity or purpose.
Go read the interview where they even admitted they didn't know where the fuck they were going.

welcome to SRW

the entire series started as a joke game on the GB and became very popular

essentially each game has it's own plotline (unless it's part of a series like the Alpha series)

typically there is a banpresto original plot woven into the plot of the various shows

example:

In Alpha Gaiden: The Barton Foundation is funded by the Nubia connection while the Barton Foundation's goal is to capture the Macross to use as leverage against the Titans

Eventually shit happens and the plot of Turn A gundam and Combat Mecha Xabungle ontop of Getter and Mazinger are woven into the overall plot involving something that banpresto created

Sounds like a fun clusterfuck.

It's a /m/ega Crossover with like 20+ diffrent shows and plotlines so ofcourse it is.

It is actually usually surprisingly well written for what it is.

Pic Related, it is Kira "Jesus" Yamato being called a faggot for trying to pull what he pulled in SEED Destiny.

The more of the source material you know the less complicated it is though.

Record Breaker is just like Overclocked is to DeSu 1. It includes an endgame scenario (compared to the extra days Overclocked added) and an easy mode.

Because DeSu 2 was inspired by NGE, while DeSu 1 was just Atlus doing what Atlus does. DeSu 2 is most certainly not bad, but 1 will hold a higher place in my heart, especially with its more unique soundtrack.

Fuck you. I spit on you and everything you stand for, and I sincerely hope this thread gets to 400 posts of shitting square in your fucking mouth. I hope we find your address so we can fucking drone strike the shit out of your house, that way you can atone for your heinous sins.
Faggot.

End yourself

I'm pretty shit with mecha anime so I'll kind of be lost. Pretty much the only thing on display I've actually watched to completion is Starblazers(battleship yamato). I've watched some macross, evangelion, and gundam wing endless waltz. I recognize chogokin but never actually watched it.

The 8th day really ruins it for me because the game devolves back into a chaosfag wankfest.

Elaborate.

They removed content as well
Kill yourself OP

I'm just going to add that the Post-game scenario is pretty long and is accessible no matter what you do.

That's because the "canon" ending of DeSu 2 is one that is impossible to achieve and you are simply told in the new story what ACTUALLY went down.

Don't play game without this. I am and its going fine.

And certainly don't pay for it.

What are you buying this idol game for

Also there was this Hot springs DLC that wasn't even brought over to the west because of their censorship, PC happy fucks at tree house. At what point do you care about what content they take out of the game?

It's a combo of two endings that really should've been available in the base game, but it's not as bad as this user makes it sound.

Half of the Triangulum arc is getting your friends back, the other half is the usual schtick or fight starmen until you decide to fuck the big boss of the universe and change shit.

And Ronaldo's endings are still the shittiestIf you don't count Miyako's game over as an ending.

I have no problem with buying games but you did so blindly and then started complaining about how the game played. Especially a game that you think is a cross over of a series you've didn't care for that much and a series you've never played. It's better to do research first and then buy a game you know that will suit you. Second you never gave us a time of how long you've been playing. For all you know, the game could be introducing mechanics to you still and you only have the attack command right now. If you are a few hours in and spamming attack to win then you've definitely doing something wrong.

but isnt that the "blandness" he was talking about? i tried persona 3 (for a short time though, so its not like i really know much about the battle system) and it felt like an endless grind already after the first hours. you essentially repeat the same thing over and over as soon as you know the enemies weakness.
maybe you have to like the characters. i never really understood why the series is so popular in the first place.

I think the blandness lies more in the constant extra attack animations of other characters which gets old VERY quickly.

I actually enjoyed the Triangulum arc aside from that part.
It was kinda hard to get into at first but it's fine.

Well what exactly makes a complex battle system for JRPGs?

You have buffs, weaknesses, weapon types, debuffs, status effects, weakness stacking, and Persona fusing. Most of these are basics for a JRPG these days and you won't have much different formulas unless you get niche or go into the Action RPG genre like Tales. Where your success in battle isn't just determined by stats and decision making, but technical skill and reflexes as well as the other 2.

This is in no defense or offense to Persona 3 if anyone is taking it like that.

Persona 3 isn't representative of SMT
Persona 3 isn't even representative of Persona

Also not all SMT games use the press-turn system.

What makes a complex system for any rpg?

the "blandness" may be a combination of the repetitive battle system and the boring dungeons for me. its not like im a persona expert though, so take it with a grain of salt. its just the impression that i got by playing a few hours.

yes, it doesnt sound bad if you say it like that. but abusing the weakness for extra and group attacks really seemed like the only feasible strategy - thats boring.
when i play EO for example, skills dont feel useless like they did in persona - where theres no reason at all to use anything but skills that target a specific weakness, depending on the enemy. at least in the early game that i was in. i didnt feel like there would be much more variety in gameplay in there for me.

a fuckton of menus

Maybe you shouldn't be playing the piss easy babby mode side series.

Sounds like you might be fucking retarded, OP

The caveat is that the same shit applies to you.
I still remember having my level 99 space marine get turned to stone and give me a game over in strange journey by an ambushing basilisk turn 1.

but i watched some gameplay of persona 4, because i own a vita, and it looked essentially the same. sure, its not the EXACT same game - but it seems to be more of the same. i dont know how persona 5 will turn out, but given the success of persona 4, i dont think they will deviate that much from their proven formula. good for fans of persona, just not good for me personally.

i dont know much about the series, but if im right, half of the persona games play the same - how is that not representative?

You should, I dived in with @G because of wing and started loving the shit out of mecha with Daitarn 3 being my favorite super

like I said, give @G a go since it has 100% (sans the DB), @G is actually the 2nd game in the alpha series and the events of it spur on events in 2nd alpha

Persona 4 is even worse than 3. They simplified the physical types, added even more overpowered personas, and they gave you full control over your party, like you're fucking mind controlling them or something.
Fuck P4.

Less mind control, more the Protagonist telling them what to do all the time. I can understand being upset at the simplified physical attacks, especially since it makes most of them seem unnecessary, but having control of the party? That just prevents bullshit like Mitsuru "Marin fucking Karin" Kirijo from happening.

Persona 1, Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Persona 2 Eternal Punishment don't play like P3/4.

That's the whole point. She's some snooty rich girl who think she's so smart, but it turns out a fucking dog is a more intelligent fighter than she is. It's commentary, man.
>not running with Aigis and Akihiko

I think it would have to be outside of the battle mainly. A bunch of ways to change your team, builds, and tactics for battle. A game like Labyrinth of Touhou 2 has a pretty complex system though that's more of a Dungeon Crawler. Dungeon Travelers 2 has a lot of depth inside the combat and not that much outside the combat.

I feel the same way when playing EO. In P3, you won't be using anything but the enemies weakness and debuffs to attack them. Meanwhile in EO3 you have summons, shadow clones, binding that can essentially cripple and enemies strongest attack, status effects that actually do something when you apply them, linking spells with follow up attacks, formations and formation influenced skills, team attacks/buffs of many different kinds, and even skills used outside of combat. There are many ways to customize the team as well as engage enemies.

I guess you can say dungeon crawlers are more complex JRPGs these days while focusing on gameplay more than story.

P4 is, somehow, even more casual than P3.

I don't agree with that either but you have no control over how those characters grow anyway outside of the fact that you give them a few equipment changes and level them. If the game is revolved around you not being able to control them, then you should also have influence on their strategies too.

The Tales series is a great example of this. Sure it's not turn based but you can set up strategies for your team over many things. How much MP/TP they use, where they will stay in proximity to the monster, when should they use items if at all, what type of skills to use or you can have them specifically use 1 or 2 skills, how aggressive you want them to be, should they use the team's super meter when possible, and more.

You're not even telling them what to do and yet you have so much control over how they play if you don't want to use them yourself. Even Dragon Quest games do this and have been for ages. Either way we're complaining about a spinoff that has become more and more casual to appease to the casual gamers of its time period.

Are you serious? They released this shit for the fucking wii u? Why not the 3ds like every other respectable Nintendo title(the few that there are)?

This is a sad day for FE and smt fans everywhere. It hurts even more if you're an avid fan of both series. No one is going to pay 300$ to buy that piece of shit gimmickware. All consoles seem to fall in the nogaemes category this gen, huh? Now wii u can be in the onegaems category

P5 is readding guns and melee weapons for every character, the return of nuclear spells and one they are calling telekinetic which might just be a new version of nerve spells, and demon negotiations.

Faggot.
Anyway the game quickly becomes a boring chore to attack weakness spam to chain attacks together over and over and over. You can't skip session animations and you want to do this for every single battle to get all of your drops. I have to put the game down and play every other weekend so it feels less tedious.

Play DDS1&2, just trust me.

I liked Ronaldo's endings, fighting the administrators forever? Yeah there's everything that can go wrong but imagine if humanity won out.

There's also a 'Baton pass' system which basically seems to be an action that gives a character's turn to another one (i.e. Press turn system style, you have a set of turns that can be spread to characters instead of exactly 1 turn for each)

is p5 going to be smt3-2?

I stopped by to let you know that you are the cancer spreading over beloved series.

On the subject of this game, any idea on how well it's doing?

I don't think it's doing so hot since Amazon is already selling it at a reduced price and you can still get the collector's edition in a few places.

What's the name of this song, Goy?

Nigga they just barely eked out a 2/3 victory. There are as many administrators as there are stars in the fucking sky, and there's little to no time between invasions. They have two, maybe three more in them before they collapse. Ronaldo's ending just gives you the chance to watch the world disappear and everyone you love die again.

Too soon to make predictions about that. It is still going to have a calendar system and a similar system to social links.

Humanity gets stronger each and every time the world resets in their ideal image. I think they have a shot. That's assuming they don't all succumb to depression from the endless, literally infinite grind of it all though.

So is there any progress on the uncensor for this game?

Not buying anything that has had it's content leeched by the NoA parasite.

It's basically done.

Okay.

Is there a non-inject download?

If this is what you want to see it's pretty much at the end. Not worth it, if you like this song so much just listen to this webm.

Persona 3 fanboys are fucking retarded, just ask EvaXephon.

The only good parts of p3 and p4 is the music. and its basically the reason im getting p5.

Are you retarded? You can get that shit for free online.

Oy Vey! We are all brothers and sisters fellow chaim! I'll get my lawyer who also my cousin to sue yah.

He game is a bonus.

The*

It's not even the premise that was that bad, it was the absolutely pathetic way that he wrote it that made it so damn cringey.

Four days ago, the co-director of #FE purchased a copy of the special edition of the North American version of the game. Apparently they still had plenty of special editions in stock after release date. Can't imagine there was too much demand for these things.

twitter.com/meme_look/status/753035346816806913

That's really fucking depressing

Apparently its sales are way below Star Fox Zero's… Which weren't that high to begin with.

So it's pretty much a commercial flop. I couldn't care less about this game - even if they didn't censor the shit out it, it's still a pretty mediocre cashgrab.

Can you call it a cash grab if you drive off all your customers?

How Do You Do Fellow Kids?

Delicious, but I won't buy granny panties.

Well, the devs expected it to be one. I meant it as a cheap concept to attract Persona, FE and idolshit fans.
So I guess I phrased it wrong. Actually, it's a pretty mediocre failed attempt at a cashgrab.

Weren't Nintendrones getting pissed off at Star Ocean or was that just one odd cringe thread I stumbled into?

Either way Star Ocean 5 can be worse than Last Hope and it'd still be better than TMS

Star ocean is PS4 exclusive i think. Not sure why nintendrones would give a shit.

Competition I guess.

I don't think nintendrones even know what Star Ocean is.

Are you referring to people getting pissed/making fun of the SO5's diapers?

Then buy it dirt cheap in a few months. I think Squeenix overproduced or something. It's a great game for $30
an astounding game for $20
simply sublime for free

Also

That's dedication to the craft of ruining vidya

Or, hear me out. Or, maybe not market the game to children.

Nah some dude dumped a bunch of screenshots from some disqus talking shit about SO and defending TMS's censorship.

I'll just nab a few.

I saw some Nintendrones on a forum bragging that #FE did better in professional reviews than Star Ocean 5 did. Though, Star Ocean 5 still sold about 4 times as many copies a #FE did in Japan.

But Travis is right on his first point, he doesn't actually care so long as nippon gets its shekels.

I wonder if theyre delisional, extreme fanboys, or shilling.

Even considering the fact that the nip shekel clearly wasn't flying into his wallet?

Well if that's the case then that's extremely surprising news to me.

Why?
Sales were pretty bad all around,

I am once again putting the game down because the sidequests are boring as shit and tantamount to backtracking in the same four goddamn dungeons looking for an item on the floor or an easy as fuck boss. I'm at chapter 5 intermission, how much do I have left? I think I'll just delete it.

God they're heavy in denial. Hell it takes a new level of blinding yourself to not see what's happening. The Vita gets more games than the 3DS and the PS4 gets way more games than the WiiU. There's a reason why the 3DS is only played for Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, and Pokemon 90% of the time. Or why the only 3DS thread we have here is one that revolves around piracy 24/7.

Not even trying to start console war shit but all this is pretty obvious.

If you're not having fun, then just play a different game honestly.

Mmhm.

They havent got the memo that "professional" reviews mean jack shit these days espacialy after that Polygon Doom video.

but that is wrong. some faggot over in japan thought that "women" would be offended at panties and gave them less revealing granny panties that look like diapers. even though the girl in question is 18.

The funniest part about that site is that it's called "Video Game Facts", when it's really just a haven for delusional Nintendrones. They even came up with a special term for people who don't like Nintendo. They call them "Pretendos".

Do we have sales figures yet for this piece of trash?

Even if I was just trying to stir shit. The 3DS and WiiU barely get any games and everyone knows this, especially localized games. Not even normalfags speak of the WiiU these days, only Breath of the Wild. The 3DS might as well be a MH machine. For some reason, not even Zero Escape came to 3DS despite the first 2 games doing so. Most likely because most people who buy a Vita barely sell it. It's known for having a solid install base. Both Sony platforms get more games than the Nintendo platforms and there's no denying this. Despite Sony trying their hardest to kill off the Vita.

There's no war when everyone's on the same page.

He's referring to the mage not being censored despite having a much more revealing outfit.

Not only are you not on the same page, I don't think we're even reading the same book.

amazon.com/Zero-Time-Dilemma-3DS-Nintendo/dp/B010U1DNE8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468712495&sr=8-1&keywords=zero time dilemma 3ds

honestly that only makes the censorship even more stupid. you got a witch with a skirt that covers nothing and some spandex that also barely cover but you decide the other girl need to be more covered up.

fucking japs man even now they confuse the shit out of me.

I apologize then for being a faggot.

That's the point of people pointing it out. It's double standards for no reason. Why even have the censorship when you have a blatant fanservice character walking around? They probably did it for free publicity like SFV. Like with NoA or NISA, I'm sure they censor for money by extending the time it takes for them to "correct" games. I believe that is why their censorship is so inconsistent and all over the place. 4kids used to do this bullshit.

The entire script was sanitized of anything and everything they deemed "offensive". Entire dungeons completely repurposed because they didn't like the "theme". Memes added in dialogue because LOL THE MEMES JACK. Even the JP voiceover was censored: they seriously brought the VAs back in to rerecord several lines.

On top of all that, the game is shit. Fuck you for supporting the rape of two beloved franchises, fuck you for supporting censorship, and especially fuck you for being an enabler.

I'll never consider the PS Vita the underdog for the same reason why I don't consider BLM to be sticking it to the man. The PS Vita got a lot of push and pre-victory dance from the media just like the PSP. It just shows how much control Sony has over the media direct or otherwise.

more at 11

Adding on to what this guy said, you can also try SRW J for the GBA. SRW J is pretty easy, but it's good for entry level. You can also try SRW Z for the PS2, it's not difficult like Alpha Gaiden, yet still hard on certain stages. Z's menu and plot isn't translated in game, but the plot is translated on SomethingAwful, not linking since I don't know people's opinions on that site here.

Nigger

There's more strategy involved on hard than in Persona at the very least. I pirated it and used a fan uncensor patch, it's a pretty damn solid console JRPG in a generation that we've been starved of them. You just need to be enough of a hardened weeb to brace through the occasional bit of cringe and enjoy the gameplay because that and typical Atlus stylization is all it has going for it.

There's no press turn system, please stop lying. Faggot.

WEW LAD

EVEN PERSONA DIDN'T HAVE THIS KIND OF EASY SHIT

More Travis "Cuckold" Touchdown faggotry

Possibly both

Those guys also use another website called Playeressence, which is also a Nintendrone hugbox.

They fucking colored that one bitch blue to avoid showing skin. Her skin was literally fill-tooled blue.

The irony is that Travis Touchdown from the games would probably hate and attack any censorship in the video games or anime he enjoyed.

Which one was that?

They also censored an ENTIRE chapter, changing the theme from bikini modeling to clothing. Context was that blue haired chick was doing it to gain confidence, her agent gets kidnapped and they find out that she was kidnapped by her old photographer and they were a hit duo in the whateverthefuckitscalled modeling. Also removed the vagina bones from cut-scenes, re-recorded dialog to match the changes in censorship changes Even though there is an NPC who wears a revealing outfit under an open robe, that's totally fine. and bumped the ages up a year so all the teens are 18.

To say its untouched is a bare face fucking lie. Its not only an insult and a spit in the face to fans of FE and/or SMT, its a low-mediocre, heavily censored, bland pile of wank that does nothing new or uses anything interesting from either series its supposedly from.

Don't have the image but the wedding dress costume covers her armpits, gaps in the gloves/wrist and chest area and it looks like they filled it in fucking MS Paint.

faggot

Basically though the events of Z happen because of the events of Super Dimensional Century Orguss

hahaha wtf is that pic lol

Edgeload Chrome and the bland main hero of TMS

How the fuck they went from a SMTxFE game to this still boggles my fucking mind. How do they start making a game like this and make FE-themed idolshit?

archive.is/igYhf
Simple really. They wanted all audiences, including the people who have never heard of either series. And I'm guessing they went J Idol because they could just sell the CD's and merch to otakus who eat that shit up even if the game bombed.