Is it worth playing this game?

is it worth playing this game?
I played MGS 1 and 2, but I never played 3

Almost seems like bait, because it's considered by many to be the best of the series.

It's certainly worth playing, just be sure to play the Subsistence version. The vanilla game has a weird camera.

Just play it for fuck sake.

I mean, if you want to play the worst in the series go ahead. You haven' really missed much, doesn't even have Solid Snake in it.

The original version has a weird camera angle, I would get the HD addition or subsistence.

The whole series isn't very good. People just like it for the story. If you don't like the story, don't touch it.

Also HD addition has better performance and better graphics.

Its a good game but get Subsistence instead of Snake eater.

It's shit

WHAT A THRILL

I've only ever played the Subsistence version which I thought was really great. I can't say much how the original differs, but MGS3 is definitely worth a play.
I recommend watching TIHYDP MGS3 after you've finished the game if have the time.

Yes

Just as good as 2 if not a little better

It's better then both of them. Now go play it.

No.
Play Subsistence. Or HD re-release for PS3.

Also this.

Don't ask questions in starting a thread. Making such threads pushes out others.

Should go by your own interest. If it seems good then play it.

For MGS3, no it isn't worth playing. Too much stupidity and the controls inhibit play.

Made serious and with Splinter Cell's/MGSV's camera it be ok. Rewriting it so the second insertion didn't happen further fixing it.

Play Killzone instead.

Fuck off matey

A fully-controlled third-person camera? That's Subsistence.

True stealth masters only play MGS3D. You can't say you've beaten MGS3 until you're beaten it on a 200x500 screen at 20fps without a second analog stick

get on my level fags

I really liked that port, played it multiple times.
I think I played it more than the console version

Please refer to your local hospital to receive an assisted suicide.
You should not be allowed to be alive

I don't know whats wrong with me.

If u have to ask, youll never know

I just played it for the first time like last week, and it was incredible. Like others have said, if you're going to play on PS2 play the Subsistence version. If you have the PS3 HD version you'll be good.

So… anyone plays Metal Gear Solid V? I'm hooked to the game and find it pretty interesting even if I play in a ps3 and the menu loading is so slow it is frustrating.

Anyway, do you guys know if you can get BM coins in events or something? I want to save money to build a third FOB.

Just watch all cutscenes on Youtube. MGS is a movie, after all

I played 200 hours and stole around 300 nukes. But the pain got to great, the more I play it the more I'm remembered about what could've been.

I'm sorry about hearing that.

So… I've noticed something in the FOB invasions that are security challenges. What are those about? they ask me consent of assfucking me with massive invasions?

What is the difference between Subsistence and the original? I never understood this.

Can anyone tell me if the MGS HD Collection is worth it for 20 euros?
I also never played a Metal Gear game so i thought i might buy this. Should i? I have a cracked ps2 so i could easily play mgs2 or 3 on it but the hd collection has those 2 games at 60 fps and it has peace walker but at the same time, the hd version if mgs3 is apparently missing some stuff from the ps2 substinence version.

Why would someone put all this effort in writing down a shitpost? Why do these people go out of their way just to decrease the quality of this board?
Why?

pls dont give money to konami

Control scheme - very important.
Camera system - SUPER important.
Difficulty settings - pretty important.
A bunch of bonus content - not really important.

Oh you fucking nigger, of course i am getting it used.

I GIVE MY LIFE, NOT FOR PAVEL BUT

It's certainly worth 20 euros, but it's debatable whether it's better than Substance/Subsistence for the same price. They look a little nicer and there are some improvements such as the camera in mgs3. On the other hand, they dropped some cool things such as skateboarding and ape escape, which you might want. Peace Walker is objectively better in the HD collection too.

Security challenges give you bonus points and bonus stuff once you complete the invasion I think.

How good is peace walker itself tho? Would it be worth it seeing as i can play mgs2 and mgs3 on the ps2? I heard that hd peace walker has FAR better controls but at the same time, it's apparently rather short.
the reason i am asking these questions is because i am a poorfag and i can't decide what to buy

People have variable experiences with Peace Walker. For me it took a little while getting used to the different controls and mission-based gameplay, but I found the base building fun and it was worth it for the monster hunter missions. I don't know if what it's like on PSP but I'd say go for whatever's cheapest for you.
Also note that the HD collection comes with the 2 MSX games, if you wanted to play those.

Doesn't MGS3 Substinence come with MG1 and 2 tho?

In that case disregard that last part because I'm retarded.

I guess you don't know what bonuses you get, right?

I think it's either higher points to raise your rank or better recruits. I really can't remember.

One more question, is the increased frame rate for mgs2 and 3 really that important? The resolution doesn't really matter to mebecause i play on an old CRT.

I'm playing MGSV on 360 so I'm probably the wrong person to ask about framerate, but I never really thought about it when I played the PS2 versions.

How long is Peace Walker? Is it a short game? How much does it matter to the overall story of the mgs games? Is the gameplay as good as mgs2 and 3 or is it worse?

Framerate is always important.

Pretty long. The story matters in seeing Big Boss in his prime and why he was so respected. Just like MGSV should've been about his fall from grace.

Gameplay is different, depends on you if you like it.

Godamnit, now i really can't decide between buying Shadows of the Damned or MGS HD Collection. Fuck.

If you haven't played either then buy MGS.

Okay, Oni-chan. Whatever you say.

MGS2 runs at 60 fps while MGS3 runs at 30.
I think the HD port increases MGS3 to 60 but I haven't tested it.
The main reason to use HD port would be proper widescreen which increases the FOV

Yeah, i'm pretty sure hd mgs3 is 60 fps.
Well, i guess the ultimate question is whether or not it's worth purely for Peace Walker.

I'll say get the HD collection then play the PS2 games afterwards if you feel the need.

I just researched a bit more and some people have reported that mgs3 hd has audio problems. Have any of you experienced this?

No I've never heard this. What type of problems are people getting?

Apparently people have audio stutters and audio cutouts, where the characters are moving their lips but no sound is coming out. also that digital foundry video shows how mgs3 hd runs like ass during cutscenes.

Also some people seems to have commented that certain effects are missing.

MGS3 HD runs fine during cutscenes.

the DF video shows that the motherfucker constantly dips below 60 fps on the ps3.

Get the HD version for PS3 but play Subsistence PS2 version at least once. They cut out some minor stuff in the HD version.

Of course it is. Play it now.

I got the Legacy Collection (HD Collection + MGS4) for less (and new), but it's not too bad.

If you have a PS3 and don't have MGS4, get the Legacy. It shouldn't even be more expensive.

The camera system is completely broken. You can't see shit the entire game. Imagine playing MGS V with MGS 2's camera.

No, its fucking shit

I hope you like menus and crawling 90% of the time you're playing.