Fears or phobias born from videogames

Hard mode: no horror games

Jack&Daxter made me fear any deep, dark waters since I was a kid. It's not a cartoony enemy like the rest of lurkers, that thing's a shark movie level monster

G5 Robots from Perfect Dark freaked me the fuck out as a kid, I think it started off because of the invincible one on Chicago that I kept trying to fight head on and getting wrecked, but even later on in Crash Site the thought of turning around and seeing them floating towards me still wigs me out

I could never go through the first cutscene of the game, the wolves terrified me, I can barely pet dogs nowadays. All I could do was play the mansion level.

Yes, smurfs, the ps1 game had some kind of company logo at the beginning that looked like a spider, I always had to leave the room so I wouldn't see it.

That always freaked me out because it came out of nowhere as soon as you got in the water and talked shit about coming to eat you.

I'm deathly afraid of drowning, which I think is related to the second zone of Sonic 2. Used to have a huge fear of zombies. Couldn't watch or play anything with zombies. That's because I played RE 2 (without learning the controls first) as a little kid. Basically I got my throat ripped out by the first zombie.

leaving the boat to grab the shit at the bottom of the river was a nightmare

I have a fear of drinking booze around other people.

Damn, and I thought I only had this phobia as a kid when I first played the game. Thank goodness I got over that eventually. Realizing as a kid that it was possible to je devoured my the undead fucking frightened me to no end.

You sound like you might have some issues.

How so user? I was a little fucktard at the time.

Shitty platforming, as weird as that sounds. Basically any game where my character is prone to just sliding off ledges to their death. Whether it's due to choppy movement or glitches or whatever, it makes me tense up really badly when it happens.

My family had Dig Dug or something similar installed to our PC when I was really young, and it gave me nightmares for years. Not sure why.

I had the same zombie nightmare pretty much monthly for over a decade after that. It didn't have much of an effect on me after a few years, but at first it would leave me petrified with fear. Took Shaun of the Dead to cure me of that fear.

The out-of-bounds glitches in Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie were always pretty spooky to me. Just a thin veneer of substance separating the player from an infinite void.

just like real life

Fuck.

These.

This stage and Ice Cap Zone made me fear big and empty places like caves or basilicas. I still can't play these levels normally, i want to rush to the end.

No specific vidya did this, but due to a bunch of vidya I become the biggest pussy when it comes to mushrooms.

Looks cozy as fuck