RPG class select

In RPGs, which class do you tend to pick for your first character? - archer/sorcerer/etc
and why?

Not just diablo, but any game.

I go for the little girl.

kek

the one where I'M FUCKING INVINCIBLE

Whichever one lets me play as a cute girl that kisses other girls

but boys r much cuter

knight or barbarian-type warrior
the guy with the biggest melee weapon

after that I'll pick wizards because wizards are equally cool. archers are fags, though

If available, I get the "blank slate class".
The one that has no starting build or gear, then I mold his character based on what gear I find and what playstyle I end up liking the most during gameplay.

Whatever I roll right now.

Usually a melee guy.

Would be nice if more RPGs fleshed out other classes though. Melee and combat focus is all well and good, but I want wizards to feel like I'm using the energies of the world and existence at my disposal, as a thief/assassin/rogue etc. I want to feel stealthy and have actual stealth gameplay.

Of course, this enters the realm of jack-of-all trades, master of none if they tried to do it all.

The "warrior with a twist" class. Generally is like a mage-knight of some sort. Though not generally THE mage-knight class, because most games, mage knights are basically just knights that can cast low level spells that become irrelevant later and it just turns into a regular warrior who has one or two skills that make it broken (or irrelevant and just it's a warrior who can save a few gold on potions).

I used to like the "technical melee DPS" class, but MMO's and RPG's have essentially dropped this, or merged it with "rogue/thief" but made it lame. (Think Samurai from FF11).

What even is stealth gameplay? Aside from 'wait until he turns around before you walk down the hallway'? I've never enjoyed stealth games much but I never played the patrician Holla Forums loved titles like Thief 4.
Whenever I've thought about what I'd want from a stealth game it usually ends up being totally not stealth related.

Dragons Dogma.
Start @8.49

That last sentence was referencing the definition, not the rogue comment

Didn't we already have a thread like this?

Yes we did, and it's still there.

O IS A FAGGOT FOR NOT PAYING ATTENTION AND BEING A PRANCY HOMO

Sage

Its more for replay values sake. As I said though, it would be a jack-of-all trades, master of none type deal.

Already played it. Shame its the only game to come close to nailing magic.

Sounds like a great plan!

God i fucking hate hurricane druids with engima
Is really the only way they can be played and they're fucking irritating pvp

This.

Melee to get a grip on the game on my first playthrough, and then magic to fuck shit up once I know what I'm doing.

YOU KEEP ASKING THIS QUESTION AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH WITH IT

I usually go with a generic sword and shield fighter at first until I get used to the combat system then I try out the mage to see if the magic system is any fun before moving on to other weapon styles before deciding on my favourite and continuing the game. The magic system in most games tends to be shit for pure mages so I usually go pure fighter if I can't go with a hyrbid spellsword or paladin style class and the heavier stuff like sword and shield or two handed weapons tends to be my preference over dual weapons or bows.

I like warriors that run around in full plate, preferably with an axe.

I really do wish Dragons Dogma had fleshed out the Warrior a bit more. The lack of a secondary weapon makes it boring relative to assassin.

Diablo is not a role-playing game

yes its a horror game
people keep forgetting that for some reason

little bard girl