Advance Wars

What does Holla Forums think of Advance Wars?
What is your favorite title and why?
What is your favorite CO and why?
Should we make a tournament of AW2 with VBAlink through Wi-Fi Cable Link?
Is Nell your waifu or is she just a cumwhore? (Mine is Sonja, by the way)

Days of Ruins

I want her to ride my dick raw.

I played the shit out of Black Hole Rising way back when. Dual Strike was just as fun (Hard Mode fucked my shit up real badly), sad about the recycled War Room content tho.

Colin and Eagle are my fave CO's. Colin because muh shekels and Eagle because I wanted to be a pilot as a kid.

I ought to dig up my Dual Strike cartridge one of these days.

I think the Mayor was a good guy who reasonably didn't want armed thugs in his community.

First advance wars was great.
Storyline was not bad.
But the IA was limited.

Then I did AW dual strike and it was much better
Lots of good ideas.
IA was less preventable.
Maybe to much overpowered units

Then dark conflict cameā€¦
I'm not a fan of it and I don't have much souvenirs of it, but this is what I remember.
-The story is meh they could have done it better I think they went full anime with it.
-The difficulty is bullshit their is no progressiveness for new players.

AW2 was amazing with great gameplay, just a little lacking in balance for multiplayer. Could maybe have done with one or two more units to add that little bit extra depth. They had that Dual-something one? Never really played it. Was it any good?

Fog of war is mandatory.

AW:DS was dogshit easily the worst of the series not counting the original.

yep dual strike was not bad
Basically dual strike permitted players to have to generals on both sides and use it they wanted their powers at the same time thus combining them.
But their was too many overpowered units made it sometimes to easy to win.

In what way it was bad.
Please explain.

Advanced wars as a series is better in every way than Shitter Emblem, and it died quietly. It's all I could have ever asked of it, given the state of the industry.

I never liked FE.

But it was obvious that Fire Emblem was always going to do better, it had in built conversations based off performance and RPG scaling.

Edgy Wars would make a great Chinese cartoon.

kek

I'll take the bait I don't even care.

Hey.

Fuck you man.

By todays coddled standards of the public, yes that would count as edgy.

It is either that or AW2. AW:DS was dogshit.

There is literally nothing wrong with liking Days of Ruin.

There was a huge tonal shift in the series, so yes, by comparison, "edgy." Not necessarily a bad thing, of course.

AW2 is my favourite, since it's the first I had and probably the one I dumped the most time into (although Dual Strike may have beaten it out)
Grit due to laid-back personality and OP ranged units, Colin for the Shekels and extremely satisfying CO powers. (I also like Sensei for harassing with copters)

great taste, OP
Lin from Days of Ruin is also breddy gud

Days of Ruin was a good game, and I enjoyed it a lot.
new AW never ever

I never saw the point of days of ruins.

The magic of advance wars was the fact that they never really addressed how fucking bloody war is or the toll it takes on people. Everyone was just having a good time. I loved that.

Then again I played the cheap as fuck sensei who would just rain down dudes to be meat shields.

Reboot a series that had to use "testing your power" excuse to have other nations besides the Black Hole fight you. Also, it was the first game that actually fixed the cancelling unit moving exploit.

Well I didn't. DoR felt like the only game where they were actually trying with the story.

The French actually gave DoR/DC a animated tv ad.

Only ever played Dual strike but I loved it and it quickly became one of my favourite turn based games. Much better than Fire Emblem that I tried later, I hear awakening was much worse than previous entries but it still seemed a lot worse than AW.

I fucking love Advance Wars.

My favorite is this classy slacker here. This motherfucker is rad.

Advance Wars is the only game I can think of with tons of art localization changes that I actually prefer over the originals.

They have FE engine and they already made 2 FE games on the 3DS. If they wanted to release a new AW game, they would have.

days of ruin didnt feel as broken as the previous games. the only thing wrong with it is how all the familiar characters i grew attached to are gone but the new ones are alright too.

It's alright
Dual Strike
Pic related

Eagle's blitzkrieg>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything else on any other game
plus he's smug as fuck

Why not just order your troops to charge into enemy fire like some sort of inbred thin-lipped cross-eyed British WW1 officer?

Why do you hate your troops anons?

What does Holla Forums think of Advance Wars?
Great series. Better than FE. should have a smash rep. Dual Strike was super fun even though imbalanced

What is your favorite title and why?
All of them were fun but DS was a blast.

What is your favorite CO and why?
don't have a favourite. I liked the Jew brother and sister because Market Crash made the game easy mode, but Sami is fun, eagle is fun, they're all fun

Should we make a tournament of AW2 with VBAlink through Wi-Fi Cable Link?
no

Is Nell your waifu or is she just a cumwhore? (Mine is Sonja, by the way)
Nell is ok

Forgot my meme arrows

go back to reddit

To anyone who likes Advance Wars, try Jyutei Senki for the Super Famicom. It has similar gameplay and a kind of Getter Robo vibe.