/osg/ - Runescape general

/osg/ - Jagex is retarded edition

RS3 players need not apply

I'm seeing a bunch of people talk about OSRS over in . but the last general died after after we talked about making an 8/v/ CC. So, here it is!

Jagex is still intent on adding a raid activity to their new continent, and the rewards are still retarded despite the outpour of feedback on them. Because what OSRS really needs is dungeoneering 2.0, some useless prayers, and some more level 60 filler content.

I got Guthan's spear from a chest a few days ago, and the price checker said it was 3.8m. Being the jew that I am I thought I'd hold it until it went back to its usual price of ~4.2m or so. Unfortunately for me, every single barrows item is crashing harder than 9/11 thanks to every faggot and their dog farming barrows for elite clue scrolls to trade in for masters. I ended up only getting 3.3m for it, but on the bright side, I got a set of Dharok's and Verac's for a good price.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmp8z18d1XBA7IemdMfpdqEDR4V-xQ0YG
runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/topic/358846-good-starter-quests-for-07-accounts/
2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Quest_experience_rewards
2007rshelp.com/calcs.php
rsbuddy.com/exchange
2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Old_School-exclusive_content
mega.nz/#!4xhyCIIC!s2vzuuJcisXuw6sktbLrKCJlYTY73HorROMdm7QFzlg
2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Erin
2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Charlie_Brown
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

eoc saved runescape

This is shit bait, but I have to say that I'm more invested in RS3's combat than OSRS and Darkscape's. It's probably just the waiting and limited options that turns me off.

RS3 is irredeemably shit for several reasons to me. If I wanted a game with excellent combat, I wouldn't be playing Runescape in the first place. I'm here for the quests, the skills, the music, the interaction, and the grind. The combat can still be fun at high levels though, what with things like vengeance combos, tick-eating, armour /prayer switches, and Dharok's risks.

Ancient magic is immensely satisfying to use though.

Woodcutting
Woodcutting
none
Magic seed from a nest
Nah

Really?

Must be an F2P.
…or not.

Why? Why woodcutting?

I haven't touched OSRS in a month or two due to burnout, but will probably pick it up again this weekend.

Stats are shit, pls bully.

Are you looking to make a PKing account or just a main? Either way it's too early to bully your account. It'd be like picking on a toddler for not knowing how to drive.

Main, but I'm having enough fun grinding moss and hill giants. I'll probably start on fishing tomorrow just for a change of pace, though.

the only reason I have any substantial xp in strength and attack is because of the waterfall quest

…and? That's what you're supposed to do if you're making a main. Have a look at these to get your account kickstarted:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmp8z18d1XBA7IemdMfpdqEDR4V-xQ0YG

runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/topic/358846-good-starter-quests-for-07-accounts/

2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Quest_experience_rewards

2007rshelp.com/calcs.php

rsbuddy.com/exchange

Gee, Holla Forums really isn't into OSRS by the looks of it. Not even a single person shilling Holla Forumsscape has turned up.

started a fresh account on osrs, killing cows for leather and combat experience

probably just selling logs as he cuts them down, not as a good way of making money

Going for 99

Get some membership and skip all of the low level grind via questing - check the links I posted above.

Sub-40 combat training is cancer.

I was only grinding cows so I could get the requirments for black armor. I'm trying to follow this video to see if I can actually make a bond by selling capes.

I would play RS3 if it did not feel like a ghost town.

Sure I miss the PvP but let's face it you don't play RS for the combat so I'm not that bothered by it.

You can thank the grand exchange for that.I don't even think that it's an entirely awful idea but it needs some major changes to it so people don't hoard around it in Varrock all day.

You don't understand, even Varrock and the grand exchange are a ghost town now.

I heard the new place for people to hoard around in was the elven city but I didn't bother doing the new quests for that, was too busy doing treasure trails and contemplating why I'm still playing something made by Jagex

Just started an ironman 9 days ago and having a blast. Wasn't having fun on my main because I was just grinding slayer which got boring real fast.
My stats are real poop need to work on herblore, rc, and farming and really really need to get to 83 hunter for dragon implings but hunter fucking blows.

Since I just got full graceful, ive been doing quests but I still find them really boring

How are you making your money?
H.A.M. chests give a shit ton of alchables and are a farm for easy clue scrolls which you can see in my rare tab which only was around 30 clue scrolls

What pets do you have?
kitten B)

Gotten any good loot recently?
zammy page wasn't bad

looking forward to any updates?
LMS looks like shit but other than that i'm glad they made the hidey holes so my bank isnt full of random bullshit.

Played this from launch until the GE came and ruined the game. Again. Thanks Fagex.

That's some decent progress, mate. Got any goals in mind?

Having to use Zybez to trade was pure unadulterated cancer. Until the GE came out I was basically an ironman.

What's really fucked the game is NMZ, Zulrah, and 6-hour AFKing. At least they fixed the last one.

Wrong. Actually having to message people and going to trade worlds was one of the most fun parts of the game.

If you weren't trading in bulk there was no point to trading. I'm not going to go slay for an hour and then spend another two trying to sell all of my miscellaneous loot. If I wanted to play a medieval jew simulator I'd play something else.

You alch most of it. If you mean herbs, there were plenty of people who would buy any amount of any kind of herbs.

Just started 3 weeks ago after a 4 month break.

I like doing Barrows for the armor rewards. I have gotten good loot at that lately.

Did a medium clue, got a fucking master clue which I dont want at all. I have already had an elite clue in the bank for like a year that I am never going to do.

Anyone want to do something? I dont want to get bored again.

Forgot to mention: If you're a skiller dont even reply you fucking loser nerd.

Someone tell me about the appeal of Ironman mode. And if I understand correctly, there are certain Master clue steps that ironmen can't complete at all, such as something involving Fishing Trawler.

Pure autism.

Why does this game have constant streamer/e-celeb worship like this? I have been playing RS on and off for about 10 years now and its always fucking been like this. I have honestly never seen anything like it in any other game.

Something about those pixels changes most people, man.

It's just the satisfaction of knowing that you've done everything by yourself. Generally, you don't make an ironman unless you've already got another account with some decent progress on it anyway.

The game is heavily based on social interaction and competition, more so than almost any other MMO I'd wager. It comes with the territory.

Grinding Woodcutting to 90 for a master clue.
Zulrah
Fucking none
Construction update will be nice

Welp, it was fun while it lasted I guess.

That's a pretty nice account, user. I'm planning on getting my stats up for the Fremennik elite diaries so I can make some good money from Dagannoth kings, and one of the requirements is 83 runecrafting (or 77 with a boost). How did you train your rc?

>Zulrah
I'm disappointed, but I can't say I blame you.

I got alot my runecrafting levels by using the lamps i got from easy to hard achievement diaries since i fucking hate runecrafting, other than that i did natures for money or lava runes for exp.

I got tired of barrows runs so i switched to zulrah.
230kc and nothing good yet.

Have you done Morytania hard diary? Do you use barrage, full graceful, and trident? With that method I use no prayer potions per trip unless I get an Ahrim/Karil tunnel, and a few bits of tuna suffices for food. Ring of dueling to clan wars to refill your stats, Morytania legs 3 to teleport back to Burgh de Rott.

I used to use the Morytania legs 3 but I typically just switch to the arceuus spellbook and use the teleport.
As for gear i use trident / blowpipe (whip for tunnels) and wear high def armor and tank them out. I rarely take any damage and most brothers are dead before my prayer even runs out.

I refuse to step foot on Zeah, so I don't have the spellbook and probably never will. Morytania legs are free, too.

I whip Karil and DDS Ahrim, both with prayer, and then I use my remaining prayer points on Dharok, Guthan, Torag, and Verac in that order. If my prayer runs out, I use a single barrage and I'm good to go. Should that barrage leave me shy of killing them, I just kite them around the sarcophagus and farcast them.

Why?

A few reasons, really.

Just look at this shit:

Great, because what we really need is to split the population between the Duel Arena and this place, and inevitably kill off one of the two pieces of content.

Jesus Christ, this sounds like fan-fiction from 2008.
Because who doesn't love power creep? It's like they learnt fucking nothing from RS3.

They need to stick to little "quality of life" updates really. I bet it would take 5000 hours to 100% or whatever this game, and thats not even getting 200m in each skill, which is autism and would take like 50,000 hours. People who play 20 hours a day blow through new content and demand more otherwise they bitch hard which puts pressure on Jagex who seem to be incredibly weak willed unless its something involving really gay updates, in which case they are more than happy to steamroll ahead.

inb4 a "Crystal Longsword" poll passes.

Why would you do that to yourself? How do you get past 60 or even 70 in those? Especially thieving and agility.

What clan chat do you guys use?

I shitpost in Ice Poseidon's cc, but dunno which one to use instead.

Thieving is one of the fastest skills in the game, crafting is just like any other buyable, farming is tedious but easy, and agility is cancer. Fuck agility - I agree with you on that one.

I sit in a CC with a couple of people I met in-game. I used to hang out in "Yk Man" but I got sick of the constant "dae le drugs XDDDDD".

god help me

HOW

I've been kicking monks for a little too long.

Why do you not spend that effort on a main? Or getting 99 runecrafting? Or fucking anything else?

I dunno I thought this would be fun.
I'm an ultimate ironman as well

Plunder or ardy guard thieving is braindead easy
loads e mone
5 mins a day doing tree runs nets alot of exp
I only train agility when i have high alchs.

All I want is 99 defence ;_;

Is the game even alive? Last time I checked the GE was near deserted, every populated spot was deserted(including newer ones like Ice Giants) and every minigame was also deserted.

You're checking the wrong worlds then, don't expect people to be doing pest control on a bounty hunter world.

Are you talking about Holla Forumsscape, user?

Black jacking makes me wanna die, plus Aussie ping makes it awkward

I'm Aussie too, and I find blackjacking just fine. I fucking hate doing it but it's ludicrously fast experience.

See that's the thing, last time I played I went on the duel arena server, nothing. The clan wars server, nothing. Castle Wars, nothing. that one guthix related minigame that gave you free runes and a target to fuck up? Nothing.
Even the worlds where people would gather around at the dungeoneering entrance to offer assistance for ancient effigies were no more. And I recall The Grand Exchange being the place for high levels to hang out.

I meant Ice Dragons, the ones you get from 85 dungeoneering

Oh you're talking about rs3, this is an osrs thread bud.
Rs3 is bots and maxed people.

RS3 is pure cancer - don't even bother. This is an OSRS thread.

Did you even read the OP?

It says "RS3 players need not apply"

Oh wow I'm tired, I read it as RS3 players may apply

Wait don't you need to pay for membership to get into OSRS or can I do it with bonds too?

F2P was released ages ago.

Yes, bonds work.

Haven't been there in a while.
Is it still loaded with reddit niggers after he got popular?

my nuRS account was erased completely, i had millions of GP, dragon/gods equipment, 99 skills, i logged in yesterday and my character was reset to all level 1s and on that ugly warcraft-looking tutorial town.

so that's about half a year of playing and paying membership gone down the drain, as usual, i can't expect help or support from shitex on it, i hadn't logged in for about 4 years and never cheated.

so now i came back, found that out, and decided to jump back to OSRS, it feels like home, nuRS is too ugly and generic by now.

pic related is what i managed to get in 3 days (as f2p), im planning to buy bonds, im not giving shitex any more money if they're going to erase my characters whenever they feel like, you guys have a clan or something?

Mostly yes, but scuffed mods aside it's mostly just shitposting, they'll talk politics if you do.
All their memes are based around offending black people, so I'd say it's racistreddit-tier.

We've been thinking of making an 8/v/ CC, but it hasn't been done yet. As for starting your new account, check the links I posted on to help you get going.

*niggers.
I have to be of carefuls, komrade.

I'd like to have an 8/v/ cc, but it'd have to be more than just 3-5 people being quiet.

Anyone else think Jagex fucked up big with the god hide boots? It has caused Ranger Boots to crash by over 1m a day since they came out.

They give +7 range bonus while rangers give +8. The hide boots are just a few million coins and almost as good, I think even better in defense stats actually.

They should have made it +5 or maybe +6, because snakeskin is just +3, this would make the hides a good upgrade from snakeskins while still making Ranger/Pegasian boots not crash because there would be a significant enough stat difference to still justify the price.

Anyone agree?

Aye, that's what I've been thinking. I'd let you lot use my CC ,or I could even make a new account just for the name, but we'll see.

That's a thing? They added that with the master clues? All I know is that everyone farming barrows for elite clues has ruined my chief money making method.

How do I use my "fame" to redpill people, Holla Forums?

Yes they added lots of shit that they didnt tell us and people are only finding out as they get the items themselves.

Im same user, too. My ID keeps changing because my shitty phone keeps dropping and picking up a connection.

I have a permamute on one of my accs as well.
I was only pretending to be retarded.

Are you seriously the one who started the gnome child meme? Are you fucking with me?

nice leddit history, fag

Thank you.
I didn't start it, I only got it popular.

I guess I started the theme of him being a god or something like that.

I don't know, man. What could a one-hit wonder like you possibly do to redpill the masses? Maybe you could make a bunch of playlists with holohoax videos and Yuri Bemenov-tier material

AIPAC AND ZIONIST INFLUENCE ON US POLITICS
RACIAL AND GENETIC BIOLOGICAL DIFFERENCES

lol jewgex

its better to not say absolutely ANYTHING outside of your CC because of their stupid mute rules.

i remember i once called a guy an idiot and got a month mute, what the fuck

Is your account name Flopske as well? Hop on right now so I can add you. I don't want to post my name on here until we have a clan going.

We can discuss good material to post, but not tonight. It's 2:12am and I'm going to hop off in a few.

Yeah I think it's better if it's not too obvious, but I don't think people actually check out my channel besides that one vid.

jagex is pretty strict.

I need to go for a bit, but I always have private on. Talk to me whenever you want.

I hope this is you.

Alright, I'm off for the night lads.

Make sure you've added me, Flop.

I'm curious about something, what are your opinions on Constitution replacing Hitpoints

I don't know if it's in OSRS downloading by the way but I remember it stirred up quite a shitstorm.

I gotcha.

Bullshit, no reason to do it.
OSRS has hitpoints, so I'm happy with it.

Functionally? No real difference.

Thematically/principally? One more step to making the game more generic for the normalfags.

I really wish I could get back into this game.
I got my original RS3 and Old School account banned for botting on RS3.
That account was maxed pretty much and it was was childhood account.

Then I made anew one, grinded out all the quests for Barrows Gloves, and once it came time to level up aka non stop grind fest I got burned out.

I keep in touch with the updates and stuff, and some of them look really fun.
Master clues, the wilderness bosses, God Wars, Monkey Madness 2 all look pretty neat among other things they updated..

If you're talking about treasure trails it's half shit half good.

The shit:
The good:

Try ironman, maybe that'll bring new life to the experience.

What? What are you talking about? Isn't that an RS3 thing? Why am I scared?

Clue scrolls have a chance to drop a ornament kit, which adjust the color, or sort of trim the item.
Don't quote this as the truth since i play iron man so i'm out of contact/context with economy / pvp, but it seems a dyed(ornamented) item will count as untradeable.

It's an RS3 thing yeah, all of my knoweldge is RS3 god damn OSRS is getting me nostalgic, I might be getting sucked in again HELP

Also I was wrong the dye wasn't for 2 billion.

so no one is gonna make a CC?

I know what ornament kits are, but dyes are an RS3 thing.

I'll make an account tomorrow, but I'm busy falling asleep at the moment.

What should the name be?

that pic shows 2.1b bro.

You can join "Flopske" :^)

what the fuck is that dye for? does it make your equip stronger?

Pedrophiles

Fashionscape, as people are wont to do.

more like fascismscape

It's just a dye you can put on the level 90(Read: Degradable) items

Filename, bro.

Is there any good way to make gold in f2p that isn't hoarded yet?

I'm blind, didn't notice.

I don't think theres too many bots for making golden amulets, p2p's use those to string and gain magic exp with it. It has a relatively low crafting level requirement, but the gains are limited and it's boring.

I don't think so, but even if there was, one of the big youtubers would post a video on it and reveal it to the masses. Sorry mate.

I used to sell bones and giant bones for cash as a f2p scrub, and for a while I did that one runecrafting minigame(with the pull/push wands) for water talismans and it worked pretty rad, although I don't know if the game is just as exploitable there.

Just checked my own method, just buy in gold bars, and with 8 crafting make golden amulets (u), it's about 1809 coins profit per inventory.

With the CC, I'm thinking that initial entry should be limited to people from this place. When I make the account tomorrow I'll post it's name here and leave my private chat on so you lot can message me and get yourselves ranked.

Or it could be open and we trust ourselves to self-moderate the cancer. I'm open to suggestions.

Just make the account, nobody's gonna wait till tomorrow.
We can moderate it when we feel the need to.

Unless you have any better suggestions. Good luck trying to get a log from a f2p yew.

Mate, it's 3:20am and I'm in bed. Someone else is welcome to do it instead, but if no one else does, I definitely will - just not right now.

is it normal to get 4 combat exp for each Hit Point removed?

im trying to raise my attack here, but my max hit on alkharid guards is like 5, giving me 20 exp

its gonna take forever at this speed. should i switch to strenght until my hits get stronger?

f2p btw

Fucking sucks how shit tier so many items that used to be cool are.

Trimmed armors are pretty much the same price as regular armors, sometimes the GE price is actually even cheaper for them. You get a rare thing from a Clue Scroll like Zamorak platelegs for example

Also, anyone hear about the new max mage armor they want to release? It will surpass Ahrims and will also not be degradable, making Ahrims completely useless even though its already fine.

get your attack to a certain level, unless you're a pure of some sort. where you'll hit more then miss, then train strength.

My name is R W D S.

brace yourself, runescape is an mmo, leveling is slow as fuck.

Fuck the gay cancer YouTubers.
I distinctly remember that fucker MotePlox made a video on buying the food from warriors guild as a money making method and ever since then the stock is constantly depleted and I cant get any good training food easily.

says you're offline, try adding 'scootanon'

Same thing with rune shops. Impossible to get any death runes.

Yeah im shitposting on Holla Forums and Holla Forums on my phone at work.

oh alright, see you later then, i've added you

so where is this going down? I'll give RS a try again.

did they add anything to osrs since they brought it out again?

here's a list of the osrs unique updates: 2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Old_School-exclusive_content

The amount of xp it takes to get from 1 to 92 is the same as it takes to go from 92 to 99. Have fun!

lotsa stuff.
2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Old_School-exclusive_content

i know, im not new to the game m8, im just asking because i heard members world get more XP

xp for 99 is 13m, halfway is 92, yadda yadda

I just moved on to hill giants now that I got an adamant scimitar. I've been making good money as a F2P fisher, farming lobster all day so I can waste money on addy gear. My fishing is high enough to catch swords too, but still low enough that I stick to lobster since I catch too many tuna with my harpoon. I intend to make it to members, but I honestly don't know what I should be farming to make the gold I need to buy bonds. I figured I would farm swords until I got it, but that would take roughly one month of in game time doing nothing but farming swords. I do know dark crabs on members servers are worth a shitton, so I expect that I could switch over to those once I have access to the resource arena

In other news, what exactly is Holla Forumsscape and how can I play it?

It's basically 2007 runescape with 2.25x skilling, 40 players online on average, and no pmods which is nice. If you really want to play it here's the launcher:
mega.nz/#!4xhyCIIC!s2vzuuJcisXuw6sktbLrKCJlYTY73HorROMdm7QFzlg

Holla Forumsscape is a broken private server of 2006scape with like 40 people online at peak times, we're talking about the official oldschool runescape, you know, that backup version of the game a jagex employee (((found))) a couple years ago when they realized their new & improved version of runescape was a failure that killed 4/5ths of their fanbase.

thanks. Is all the members stuff available to all players? I'm a poorfag, so I can't afford membership fees.

I don't think it would last very long if they made you pay for it.You can bonds in the official one to get membership.

alright niggers

im going to do Shield of Arrav right now, and i need someone to join the enemy gang so we can both get the halves of the shield, is anyone up for it or are you fags too casual to do quests?

mind you, i have not joined any gang yet, i will join the opposite gang of whoever decides to help

i would appreciate if someone could gift me a rune scimmy, i ran out of gp

So how pay-to-win is this? Haven't played since like 06.

if you call membership pay to win, not at all compared to other mmo's. bond's might make it look like p2w, but the scrubs who sell bonds for cash suck at the game most of the time so fighting against them in 1v1 is easy.

what's your ingame name user?

How does that even work? Do bonds drop from enemies?

You buy them from other players, 2.5m nowadays, or you purchase them from jagex, so you sell them to players. the only income is people buying them from jagex, no other source.

ALRIGHT FAGGOTLORDS

GO TO CLAN WINDOW
CLICK JOIN CHAT
TYPE IN scootanon

i'll host a temporary chat, or permanent if no one else wants to in the long run, but for now it's enough

cc is now "8ch v"

is FlatJoey here?

Did you make an account?

yeah, he made an exclusive acc for the cc.

its better than mine, i was using my main for it

Why not play Holla Forumsscape instead? You don't have to pay to become a member or anything.

Because there's no players?

pros:
-actual mods you can ask for support
-people from Holla Forums actually this might be more of a con, you goddamn autists

cons:
-too little players
-server is not fully functional.

Cant really run an economy with so few people. Even if we all joined thats only a few dozen at most.

Who ready for Arc next week?

Whats that?

That's why.

doric's quest helped a little.

Just go to motherlode mine and power level.

but if i power level mining, how am i gonna level smithing?

Go do the blurite sword quest to instantly jump to level 30 smithing.

i already did it

and im already 30 smithing, that's barely the tip of the iceberg

Get to level 40, buy a bunch of gold ores, get the goldsmithing gauntlets, and smelt them into gold bars. They sell for more than they cost so this form of training doesn't cost you money.

so basically the entirety of runescape economy depends on bots doing the bankrunning human players do not want to?

is there any method of power-dropping iron ores?

This is why video games are dead.

There is literally no decent alternative for a game in the style of OSRS, and I don't think anyone here actually pays for their membership in anything but GP.

So wait, I can just make a new account and go for it? No need to get bonds and play for a week before needing to grind more money and get another bond?

What's Arc?

New region of the Eastern Lands coming to RS3.

Playing rs3 now, please don't FUCKING KILL ME. I play both, and I switch in terms of investment

fletching for a quest
im not, but slayer
none but the cat, i want the mole pet
not really good loot but good rng, first turoth i killed ever in osrs dropped a leaf-bladed sword
NOT looking forward to raid garbage, and otherwise updates are swell.

Please explain.

Why would we kill you when you're voluntarily taking in carcinogens at an unprecedented level anyway?

Good taste
Mole pet best pet

Alright, the Holla Forumsscape wiki claims that flax is some of the most valuable shit on the server. I find that incredibly hard to believe. Is it true?

i dont play Holla Forumsscape, but its most likely

with no bots to pick it up and so little players, nobody wants to put up with the job of picking flax

this is my life now

Some people have 200m exp Like Autism Elegy.

So from the looks of it, only like 10 quests are doable with a free account? Every 2 minutes I run into something saying "You have to be a amember to do that".

Lame af for such a cheap game.

18 quests actually, and yes, lots of things are member only, some skills are even members only, and high tier content of most skills is also members only.

its a sub-based game after all.

the "endgame" of free2play mode would be the Dragon Slayer quest.

the rest of the game is grind and autism, both f2p and p2p its fun

reminder that the clan chat is "8ch v"

just click Join Chat and type in "8ch v"

JAGEX WTF WE'RE GETTING BORED XD GIVE US CONTENT
JAGEX WTF THIS CONTENT IS FOR NOOBS NO HIGH END PLAYER STUFF
JAGEX WTF THIS IS POWER CREEPING THE GAME??????

OSRS is fucking growing you tards. You can't live in your 2007 fantasy anymore, half of the game is already 2008-2009 era.

are they gonna turn it into rs3-2?

Because new content means nothing but new slayer bosses and a shitty new continent that's going to suck all of Jagex's development resources, right? It couldn't possibly mean new quests finishing existing storylines in a better manner than was done in the main game, or giving us minigames that we'd actually play like Stealing Creation, Soul Wars, and Fist of Guthix.

Terrible strawman - high levels have Zulrah, Skotizo, Cerberus, Thermonuclear Smoke Devil, Corporeal Beast, Abyssal Sire, Kraken, Lizardman Shaman, the Wilderness bosses, and the soon-to-be raids to play with.

2/10, made me reply. It's obvious you've never been invested in the game before.

Filtered.

We're only setting ourselves up for disappointment by continuing to play, really. At least membership is free via bonds.

my entire life has been disappointment, a little more won't hurt

O-okay.

im officially done with f2p quests, all thats left now is making cash for a bond

So what exactly is the point of this game?

buying gfs

Do the same thing over and over again until you reach a goal you set for yourself.

only 50k~ exp until i can go into the mining guild, and mine HARDER

I'm already in the mining guild in RS3. It's kinda shit.

i don't doubt you are.

with Warbands, mining became a joke skill

my life is officially™ gone.

What are you even going to spend it on?

Y

Posting best song

join the cc "8ch v", our team of military trained experts with over 300 confirmed dragon kills each can help you

I'm already in it

Didn't even finish the animation

I can make enough money for a bond every 14 days on my rs3 account. Too bad I can't do it on OSRS yet.

It would take a while. You can only buy 28 capes at a time. Assuming you make 950 per cape, that's about 27k each trip. 2.5 million / 27k = 90 trips

bump, dont die on me you faggots

I'm here, mate. I've been trying to play when I can but I've been busy as hell lately. Unfortunately I live in Australia, so by the looks of it none of you lads are on when I'm usually on.

Just cashed out about four weeks worth of Kingdom of Miscellania - should be a pretty nice amount once I open all the nests.

Not bad.

you do realize that video is bullshit right?

there is no possible way he could have picked 980 steel platemails from wildy and 980 monk robes from the monastery, and made all the trips back and forth from the bank, while getting killed a couple of times on the wildy all on the same day

980/27=36.3
You're telling me you can't do 37 inventories in a day?

Do you even play RS?

what about the monk robes? that duplicates the amount of inventories from 37 to 74 although they're shorter (because edge bank and monastery is shorter walk than edge bank/wildy area with the platemails)

thats 74 inventories, add the prayer leveling he did, the tutorial island and all the beginning of the game, he couldn't have possibly done all of that in a day, the video is clearly edited of pieces he recorded on different days.

i have a phone and im calling bullshit right now.

Dont worry bro, as a fellow ausfag im allways on

No, you can't. The respawn time on the monk robes is too long and the game prevents you from world hopping too often.

Fuck is it worth getting sucked back into this thing if I've got not much else to play?

Someone incentivize(?) or discourage me on playing this game again because I don't remember much of it.

If you're any good at the game, membership is free. Getting the first bond might take a while but after that it's smooth sailing.

The quests are genuinely well written and generally interesting, with only two or three of the absolute most basic F2P starter quests being fetch quests. You'd be hard pressed to find better quests in another MMO.

There's no point in playing this game. It's just a massive grind with no goal except to show off your dedication to other autists. And osrs is a significantly harder grind than rs3.

what else do you have to do?

tbh fam, if you were meant to achieve anything, you wouldn't be on Holla Forums.

You are the cancer which is ruining gaming.

there's no such thing as gratification in this game.

it's that hardcore.

If you're a neet or have a lot of spare time rs is fun to get sucked into, otherwise it's hard to stay motivated to play I find.

Have you never gotten a good drop from a boss? How about a clue scroll reward? Ever beaten a particularly torturous quest and felt satisfied that it's finally over? PKed someone for some bank loot? I can almost guarantee you don't have a quest cape just based from your posts.

Seems to me that you don't know how to do anything other than grind, so obviously the rest of the game has nothing to offer, right?

This user is right
I used to be like you and think grinding is the answer. But in actuality, most of the quests give give a hefty amount of experience for basically nothing.

Quests give valuable amounts of experience and the highest requirement is maybe level 20 in it. Take farming for example takes a ton of time to get anywhere or you can do like four quests and get 40 in a snap.

wew

Make sure you head to Draynor Rooftop course at level 10

im already level 33

GOTTA GO FAST

How are you going to make enough money for a second bond?

The Grand exchange really does kill the game for me.
Shame they killed Darkscape. If they had left it alone with how it was the first week, it'd still be populated. Free for all Al Kahrid was amazing

Then go to Varrok rooftop if you havnt allready

if i told you you'd rip off my pro moneymakan' skillz it involves gold

did several laps in fact, stopped at 33 because i think werewolf skullball gives more exp

Never done skullball before, but with the marks of grace you get from rooftop courses you can make a bit of money from.
For every 10 marks you can make about 115k

wew really? so each mark is worth 11k? i might just keep doing it then… i already got 23 of them

You can trade them for the graceful set which is a weight reduction armor set or you can buy a pack of Amylase crystals for 10 marks

Graceful is more useful if you're going for high agility any time soon. Full set effect makes your run energy drain slower and recharge faster, on top of the bonus already granted by agility.

how many marks do i need for the full set?

I'm curious how many of you lot are in Australia? Seems to me that the CC is always basically empty whenever I'm on.

theres around 4-6 people now, we increased from 2 to 6 in less than a week, that's not too bad

we just need more autists

What, am I not good enough?

so it looks like my RS3 account was not rebooted, i was simply logging in wrong.

guys i think i broke jagex

wew lad, i can buy another bond and pay the guy who lent me 2.7m for my first bond.

I wish agility had more to it than just "your stamina lasts slightly longer"

it has the shortcuts

Oh yeah I completely forgot about those

What's the current name for the cc? 8ch v?

yes

this game was full of humor before humor meant "spamming memes"

it's a shame they never update the newspaper.
Would've been great just like the old postbag updates they did in early 2005.

Why is it so empty then?

they never update anything, all they do is add shit "EPIC" content for efficiency autists, i swear, crap like godwars and barrows were a mistake.

what happened to Elemental Workshop? where the fuck is the rest of the quest? i played rs3 4 years ago and it was on IV, i log in today and its still on IV, they didn't progress that at all, and it was quite an interesting questline

because people are busy/asleep?

funny how runescape is praised for it's amazing quest system, but they never do anything with it.
Might be just a vocal minority, but still. was kinda glad they added a new quest to osrs but it had to be the damned monkey madness bullshit instead of other amazing stories.

People like Autism Elegy actually make the game worse.

Elemental Workshop III happened

wasn't there this clan hexis of some sort, who went berserk after the runecrafting update, even though it was proven not to be like rs3's version and less rewarding.

runescape has changed, the game is 15 years old man, its older than FFXI and almost as old as Everquest.

the people who were there at the beginning and made the quest system so good are probably all gone, and now everyone who works at jagex is an epic redditor memelord whose first actual videogame was CoD on the 360.

get rekt, that was the best puzzle runescape ever had

I played the quest on release when it was incredibly buggy so I'm biased against it

Where the hell are you lot? It's Saturday night here in roo-land - I'm surprised there are only two of us on.

Fresh OC, hot off the presses. Enjoy!

I should clarify - the title screen template with all the individual pieces is NOT something I made. I simply used it to make the clan advert.

nice OC m8

Thanks bruv.

this is how you level firemaking like a pro

Is it possible to get banned for this? Was about to do it in Varrock once but thought twice about it

You'd probably get temp-banned or muted, if I were to hazard a guess.

Forgot to post this the other day but grinding out that woodcutting was totally worth it.

Fuck wrong one

Nice. The best loot I've ever had is my mole pet, with second place going to a Guthan's helmet and Verac's helmet within ~8 chests of each other back before the G.E was released.

I'm playing on Holla Forumsscape because fuck giving money to a dead company.

Combat
Picking flax 24/7
None
No
No

I really need to hit up barrows again, its quite enjoyable

Problems is i really need to finish my next master clue and i need to get another 800 black knight kills to finish this step

nobody cares about deadserver faggot.

All the barrows pieces have gone down fuckloads thanks to the master clue update; everyone and their dog is farming elites there.

Jewgex strikes again!

Tell me about it. That bird egg offering altar on Zeah has made it impossible for me to sell the 1.3m in maple and willow seeds I got from Kingdom of Miscellania for a decent price.

You seem to have a robust virtual economy going on, hope you dont mind if we make a little content update, buddy =^]

2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Erin
2007.runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Charlie_Brown
Shit like this makes me a little peeved

Don't remind me.

homunculus is the /r9k/ of runescape

Are there any singleplayer games that have the same sort of atmosphere and gameplay as RS?

Is there a way to play oldschool runescape singleplayer?

You can play ironman mode, which is no trading, no teaming bosses, and no looting people's shit.

That quest scared the living shit out of me as a kid

And not the sudden kind of scare, it filled me with unease that lasted for days

If it's really happening, I hope you like messaging JMods on twatter. For some reason those cancerous fucks use that site more than anything else, with leddit coming to a close second.

Is there a game more comfy than osrs?

i can't think of any

Of course not.

I have to be honest, I find tavern hopping in modded Skyrim to be pretty comfy too.
It's a guilty pleasure.

Oh, rest assured, it happened. I got it back after doing a pass change and enabling the authenticator. I think it was a money making bot, because it sold everything worth over a certain amount but left other stuff alone, as opposed to selling everything that could be sold.

Fortunately, my most valuable item was the partyhat set I got for free back during the Christmas event, so it wasn't a big loss. Still kinda bummed, though.

How much did you lose in total?

No more than 1 mil if I were to guess, considering I had 600k in fucking bowstrings I was able to sell back. I'm more worried about Jewgex flagging it as a bot and shoahing it sometime soon. Funnily enough, I had 2 spare bonds and it didn't sell them for some reason.

That's at most two hours of work, so you're pretty lucky all things considered.

The grind has begun

You poor soul. At least you'll get some decent exp out of it.

Loot from master clue 4, not to bad but not amazing

Well fuck me

You only need 85 with a +5 boost from spicy stew. Considering how easy firemaking is, you're getting off pretty lightly.

I still need to grind out 66-75 agility, 66-75 crafting, 57-77 runecrafting, and 70-80 ranged from the Fremennik elite diary.

Its still going to take 13.8k yews or 20.8k maples to get to 85.

Fremennik elite is a bitch to do, only because I hate runecrafting more than anything , and its the last stat i need to complete it.

I'm in the middle of getting 60-70 smithing for Kandarin hard so I can more efficiently train agility at Seer's village. After this I'm planning on grinding out the agility, crafting, ranged, and runecrafting in that order. We'll see how it goes.

So then why are you here?

I was lurking and wondering if i could be bothered playing Runescape again.

what the FUCK

Any of you boys want to go bossing tomorrow? If I'm free at any point, that is.

im too low to boss

Id love to only issue is i have work tomorrow, if you are free on Tuesday ill be free all day

This is what really annoys me, they keep adding new top-tier gear that makes everything that already exists useless.

so is there a CC yet?

See