Youngfags will never know the joys of programming a vcr

Hell I bet you don't even know what the plastic tabs on the cassettes are for.

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com
arstechnica.
archive.is/eesR9
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you need them to record

OP BTFO

I used VCRs in 2005

breaking it off or sliding the switch (on fancy ones) was for copy protection
actually, wish i had kept one around instead of dumping them on Goodwill cause now i appreciate VHS cover art seeing how shit home media has become

Programming what? The fucking clock? My VCRs had no timed recording or anything like that.

And if they didn't have them, just use tape.

The wonders of analog tech.

I used them as a kid in the 90's and early 2000's.
had an old VCR from 1990 that was maybe 15 pounds and had a metal bottom plate….

buy some good VCR and not cheapest crap at box store, it was a standard feature on any half decent model

Yup sometimes analog is far better.

Maybe I was too small to realize it had the function? We even had fancy Betamax devices.

I remembered having one similar to this when I was very young. Broke the remote a few months in, not that it worked properly anyway.

I remembered going to the video store to rent shit. You didn't have rotten tomatoes back then obviously and mags and newpapers only reviewed so much of a selection so renting a tape was an art in looking at the cover and hoping for the best.

?? why

Just watch 1/3 of the fucking trailer and hope for the best. If not just the cover art and some screencaps.

You need to go to the cinema to watch a trailer.

A decent pprtion of my Godzilla collection is on vhs tapes, so I still use one. Never programmed it before though.

proportion*

You lost yourself on the way to reddit.com

t. newfag who doesn't know a VCR was a fully manual tivo

You millennials can't even piss while standing without wetting your feet, you'd never be able to set the VCR to record 2 different shows with a pause in between.

the very last one I owned could handle a 2 week interval and two shows a day.
Now that was something to program.

waste if dubs kid,

It's still not programming.

Beating your chest like a baboon over something like that does not make you an oldfag.
It just makes you a fag.

jelly lesser dublet

probably because they view it as
"toxic masculinity™" and also they have low t.

WITH WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL!

imbecile, they wouldn't even let me in alone

Do any of you have honor? What has the normalization of this stealing done to our culture/economy?

t.youngfag

… but at least in the old days, we had to have cable service or decent reception of ota networks, that technically had paid for their viewers to watch the content in their area of broadcast by licensing fees collected through advertising… you had to sit up and start recording manually, or if you weren't a moron, program your VCR if you had a date or a job to record it automatically… it's not like today when you can go out and pirate a 1:1 copy of a new release blu-ray you never paid for or download a series from a network you don't pay for… but remain delusional millennials, you're the future.

How will they ever learn this shit? I don't even remember learning it.
Remember when they didn't rewind and you had to get a rewinder?

Oh fuck I had that.
It ate tapes.

I miss the satisfying CLUNK of a videotape locking into a VCR.

I miss my Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry cartoons I had on vhs.

tat feelr wen 80s ked

← kino

VCRs were okay but DVD players were way better. Rewinding movies was a pain in the ass.

There was nothing joyous about it, it was a pain in the fucking ass, especially since every VCR in my house had to be programmed differently to record shit.

fuck that shit. I'm very happy to live in an age when I can watch what I want, when I want

NOSTALGIA CUCKS BTFO

Magnetic tapes are still the main used means of long-term storing media, including your movies.

arstechnica. com/information-technology/2017/08/ibm-and-sony-cram-up-to-330tb-into-tiny-tape-cartridge/
archive.is/eesR9
I bet you don't even know who owns the patents for Betamax, DVD, and Bluray