Nostalgia thread

What makes you long for the past, Holla Forums? Is it a game that you had when you were growing up, an old soundtrack, an MMO that has been destroyed by "modernization" and "streamlining"? What brings back the strongest bittersweet memories?
For me it's Autumn Voyage. I don't remember particularly spending lots of time in Lumbridge or farming cows much but its somber mood always brings the momories back.

I remember playing shit like insaniquarium and that one mummy puzzle game by popcap. Damn, popcap made some of the best games, why did they sell out to ea? And why havent they ported that shit to mobile yet? i dont want to imagine insaniquarium with microtransations

Man, Runescape's classic music still sounds so good. Reminds me of the nights in late elementary school and junior high, staying up late on the weekends and breaks ,and playing it with adultswim on in the background with something like reruns of FMA 2003 or the first season of Bleach.

Good times.

Grow up you fucking manchilds. It's Twenty Sixteen. You're not a kid anymore. don't be stuck in the past. Let it be.

Waterfall is really good. I like Shine, and actually not because of the Dueling Arena. I never did PvP - it reminds me of countless hours spent in the Mage Training Arena. I did get that full set of infinity robes, though.
The music is so good because Ian Taylor is a genius and sadly he's a sound designer instead of a composer at Jagex. Even if he's not a master (I wouldn't know - I don't know anything about music, really) he made just about the only game soundtrack that I know that interlaces melodies through different instruments. It's just good.

I'm just not sure why they changed the music when it was already so good. Went back once after having not played for years and really wasn't fond of the redone music.

I still play it because I never got to experience most of the game because I got bullied out of my account by some faggot in middle school

How did that happen?

nigga I play Holla Forumsscape. It's full of faggots and memespouters but really, it's no worse than here and it's probably better than the sea of twelve-year-olds back in 2004, we just didn't notice because most of us were twelve then too.

I can't imagine it having more players than OSRS, and that already seems pretty barren.

40-something players at peak, which is why there's a global yell, so things don't feel quite so dead. You run into people more often than you'd think, though.

Only one song is needed for memories ;_;

Somewhere in my room, there's an old drawing I made a long while back when I dreamed of becoming a member to kill green dragons. I can't find it, but I know it has to be there, because I never threw it out.

Those were good memories. I remember getting membership finally, ages later, but by then things were dying off and I wasn't able to play all that much. Only had it for maybe three or four months.

I haven't played Holla Forumsscape in a while now. Anything new? Last time I played they had fixed the bloodvelds to attack with magic and I was in the middle of combat training so I was right upset I didn't jump on the gravy train early enough.

Pic related. Been on a Spyro kick lately for some reason and this just happened to be the banner when I clicked.

Feels bad to know his fate

This game's beta was such a good time playing with faggots on the internet. To this day I wonder what happened to the fags I played with.

I remember that first trek to Taverly past the members gate, running over White Wolf Mountain in an effort to not get mauled by wolves at a higher level than I recall being at the time, and entering that Catherby place or whatever it was. Everything felt new and exciting.

At least we'll always have Spyro 1-3 to go back to.

Kill yourself, but kill me first.

Listening to old RS music is more depressing than it has any right to be.

Remember it as it was, friend, and not how it is now.

I'm probably the only one here who ever played this. Basically around the time TF2 came out this was the only 100% F2P multiplayer FPS. My computer couldn't run TF2, so i just played the shit out of this.

The level editor was super convenient to. It worked like minecraft but the blocks where 1/10th the size. You could make maps in a couple hours if you sat down with it, and you can have multiple people work on a map at the same time. Some dude made hogwarts once. The community was really knit to, everyone knew eachother. Eventually though the entire community got really "competitive" and standardized to the same map layout and it quickly became boring. I also was on the shit list of 2 of the major clan owners for doing very light trolling like changing my name to NotIn|ClanTag (it still made them super butthurt)

I even remember how the guns worked.

I even remember it had a power up that floated around doom style where you got dual pistols for a short while

quake style*

New updates, more quests keep getting added. There's a 4th of July event with a unique reward. Other than that I don't really know.

I've been carrying this game on my Flash Drive for like 6 years, shit's still fun to play once in a while.

i want to go back to Lumbridge…

Memories of rushing home from 4th grade and logging on WoW to run around in Goldshire.
I grew up with this game, now that I think about it. WoW was my fucking childhood.

IT'S BEEN 11 FUCKING YEARS

And 6 years since the game was good.
I'm real sad now.

hup

why do people just lie like that?

I don't know how this always makes me feel nostalgic, considering that I started playing this game on shcthack in 2011. PSO really had something special.

goddammit i want to play OSRS now, would anyone be such a charitable soul to gift me one of those Bonds i've heard so much about? i'll pay the gold back within the month

Pretty sure OSRS is free now, friendo. Or you could always come play Holla Forumsscape with us.

what the fuck? i thought they made it membership only!

I almost forgot, does anyone have the full soundtrack for PSO, any episode? Every one I've found is missing half the songs, e.g. none of the field BGMs, or all of the field and boss music but none from the lobby.

Threatened to beat me up, as he was much bigger than me I gave him my account password
At least I didn't grow up to be a manlet. Dunno about him

the free content is free, the members stuff is still members only

this
Apparently there was a poll last year and F2P areas and content are now free

oh, i haven't checked since they made it.

i was sure when they opened the new server the OS was members only. but now the free portion is free like it used to be in the good old days after 9/11

i dont know how's the economy in OSRS right now… is 2.5m a lot?

last time i checked Holla Forumsscape (mind you, this was around 2+years ago) it was pretty bare bones, some skills didnt work, and a lot of things you were supposed to interact with didn't either, first one that comes to mind is the falador agi shortcut in the west wall.

It's a decent chunk of cash, only gets you 14 days per bond.

wasn't it 1 month?

Does Holla Forumsscape have construction? What was the last build the server was using?

oh my god they updated OSRS to have the only good thing about neo-RS, the fucking HUD and widescreen

thank you based jewgex

Stating to look at the present and the future instead of wallowing in old games that you've played already to the point of exhaustion out of blue-pill escapism is a proper argument,Current year alluring or not.

fuck that nigga, modern world is shit, im gonna throw my life away on osrs

You're using it in a discussion about entertainment, not overcoming the loss of a loved one or some kind of major life decision. Off your high horse.

Asides from the Obvious DOS and Mac, did you have any of these Holla Forums?

not really, im jagged, not old

you made me start again, i hope you're happy Holla Forums, you've ruined my life again

Been meaning to revisit these lately.

what's your username? I was thinking of jumping back in tommorow cause I feel like I'm struggling just to keep my head up right now

This game gives me massive feels. I was graduating high school with all my friends. My best friend had just beaten the game then night before. I had the oppertunity to spend the several nights in the prior weeks watching him go through it.
In the middle of the night we used to go out and get a 12 pack of soda.
Get some burgers from our local burger joint.
Just sit inside all night and drink our soda, eat our sandwiches and be happy.

He watched me play through MGS4
I watched him play through P3

Eventually I got a new girl who also broke my heart and got to meet up with my friend again after I figured out a good way to his dorm via the bus.

I worked part time at an office at the time

Persona 3 brings up the feelings I had of friends moving on, of break ups and relationships past, of reconnection and stronger relationships. It brings tears to my eyes to hear songs like "Memories of You".

I miss working part time. I eventually went to full time and felt work dominate my life. But then I lost my job and now I feel worse.
At least I have a car, a girl who loves me and bonds that can never be broken.

I see your old RS music and raise you old Dofus music.

im online right now, are you? name is scootanon