FACTORIO..13 edition

Factorio just had a major update and since ctrl f didn't find a thread here we are, Post expectations factories and because of the new server based multi player, the Holla Forums server should now be extremely easy to set up so if anyone's got a server lying around please go ahead and start one up for everyone if you could please

Other urls found in this thread:

guide.factorio.com/new-features-013.html
volafile.io/get/tfpFP4MIw66sSw/Factorio_x64_0.13.9.zip
factorio.com/blog/post/fff-147
volafile.io/get/ElMfP3kIw64pVQ/Avalon is Risen.zip
strawpoll.me/10763043
forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=9502
mods.factorio.com/
mods.factorio.com/mods/Phalke/DistancePlus
mods.factorio.com/mods/Bobingabout/bobinserters
mods.factorio.com/mods/Schorty/air-filtering
mods.factorio.com/mods/Choumiko/RailTanker
mods.factorio.com/mods/jorgen19981/BigDrill
mods.factorio.com/mods/Fatmice/UraniumPower
megafileupload.com/bngF/v_s_modpack.7z
mega.nz
volafile.io/r/6ZN6wF
mega.nz/#fm/CAIXlKZI
youtube.com/watch?v=3vPV_WeQxV8
strawpoll.me/10795504
8ch.net/v/res/10125970.html#10125974
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

guide.factorio.com/new-features-013.html

Finally I can show em online.

A lot of interface improvements but no new content.

The fire system is new and they updated the flamethrower to work like a real flamethrower. Past that it was just some needed improvements.

The servers were desperately needed.
No more lagging out because of some BR trying to connect from his favela.

THERE made a server
Holla Forumsidia
password
niggernigger

Oh god, this.

So fucking annoying once a game gets big.

Haha yes. Yes.

running the experimental build btw on the server

I think he means 0.13.9

joining, btw. Gotta update first.

it changes so, for people who come into the thread later and the version is updated they will always know what version it is
can't wait to see you in, like to see many people join the server, might get a discord channel made for it

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:D1715E8433C8B068B8FD51297F2132093B9ABAFF&dn=factorio+v+0+13+5+2016&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.publicbt.com%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

wat.jpeg

I don't see it on the list

Factorio 0.13.5 32/64. I though it was pretty obvious.

Stone age version right there. kek

I've shilled this game a bit in the past, so I'm reluctant to say "buy this game ya cheap bastards.", but the devs are actually kinda nice. Go buy the 20 euro game. If you're yuropean and get a paysafecard? You can just throw the rest on the card into your valvedrone account.

feel free to join the server when ever ill leave it up as long as i can

also thread album

Flamethrower is currently OP as fuck against biter nests, especially with bots to distract the actual biters while you go scorched earth on the worms and nests and I wouldn't have it any other way

latest experimental release
volafile.io/get/tfpFP4MIw66sSw/Factorio_x64_0.13.9.zip

We're off to a good start, btw. So I'll give this thread a small and friendly bump.

just a little bit of work

Had a heart attack for a moment, almost pasted a screenshot of my entire screen.

Autism hivemind

Are you running the latest version?

yes
join up brother

What mods do you faggota reccomend? Now that the modding thing is in the game normalfags might pick them up a lot more, which will encourage modauthors to make mors mods.

that not good

also how do we make it better

Currently the iron plate output is put directly onto a feeder line to the steel smelters. That's inefficient as fuck, because the first steel smelter can't be supplied by the second iron smelter, making the spread uneven. You should add an extra output belt that goes to the right and feeds onto the steelfeeder belt, together with the coal.

Nifty, I might be able to learn how to build shit without it backing right the fuck up

we're on a server
what to hope in and help us out?

On it.

Sorry fags. My internet will fuck up your game. Left to make sure you can play and have fun. Polite sage for Europoor internet.

That explains the freezing.

DONT PLAY ON WIFI
If you do? You'll lag the game out because of lag spikes.
Lag spikes fuck the game up for everyone on the server.

My nigga. Thank you, excited to get back into this game. Definitely buying it when it's finished, especially after pirating it several times

Why the fuck does Factorio run in lockstep? Can't we do something like state is stored in a binary tree with checksums on each node?

Is the server down?

sorry for the server hick ups guys its all worffkrans fault

that 1 min production wave so amazing

I still can't join it

You Wolffkran?

Yes

Wolffkran whoever you are fuck off with your connection

It was fine while I was still connected but then my game crashed. Are you sure it didn't just keep me logged in for some reason?

Everything was fine and there was no lag then suddenly I got disconnected and couldn't reconnect.

I got a 50 megabit/s asynchronous fiberoptics connection. I'm gonna run this baby when it goes down.

Do I need an account for this shit? I bet you have to buy the game for it because I can't create one.

Are you autistic? Just tell me what happened after I disconnected.

factorio.com/blog/post/fff-147

You freeze the game for everyone on the server

How do I do that when I can't even get on the server and haven't been on the server for a long time now?

Sure bud.

Considering I only disconnected once before not being able to get back on, that sounds like it only happened once.

No, it's happened several times. Same gist every time it freezes.

Oh, it's probably happening when I try reconnecting.

Go join an empty server then?

nice.jpg

I already tested that and I can join other servers fine that's why I assumed the issue was with our server.

Server is kill, awaiting new one.

SORRY SERVER WILL BE BACK UP SHORTLY

I think the server just crashed or OP closed it.

I call dibs on creating one.

Will make one in 5 minutes if shit ain't up.

kk back up sorry boys

You forgot the password!

set autosave to 10 minutes too!

Thanks brother

I think the assword is fucked up. I can't join.

Password is fugged, won't work for me.

shit sorry bras

try now

get fuck bitch you got a better way id love to hear it

You did buy it from the site, right?

Wolff, stop fucking trying.

Wolffkran, what the fuck.

It's probably your big-ass latency to the server. I bet you're connecting from India or some shit.

The server is hosted in the US and if your ping is greater than 250 ms? It won't fucking work.

I just finished resetting my router and talking to my internet provider, I ran several speed tests and they're all stable and after trying to connect to other servers and doing fine, I assumed it would work.

Sorry.

I just wanted to play vidya with you guys before I got kicked out of my home and into an uncertain future.

Is server gonna be around for a while? Thinking of buying it just for multiplayer
I currently have a pirated copy from a few versions back

MY IDEA, FOR:
THE WALL

I-I can post more if you want

neat

Do it.

With pleasure, user. I'll take it from the beginning.

Didn't mean to spoiler.

Would you mind just uploading them to volafile.io?

Offtopic shit, mane.

Saging for off-topic now. The Ballad of the Three Kings comes after Hallows Dirge, and then this.

Sure thing. It might take a little while, though.

I figured he was suggesting replacement walls. If these are just additional walls, then that would mean there would be double walls on the left side. which I'm okay with

We're good, we are working on removing prawn to get to oil, finally.

Full album can be found at volafile.io/get/ElMfP3kIw64pVQ/Avalon is Risen.zip

instead of building a rail road the built a fucking pipe to oil

WHY?!

That fucking nigger is trying to join again.

Wolff quit that shit already

Why is there so little oil to begin with? We mapped out a small continent and only found two concentrations of oil.

Nice

Fucking nigger game won't update on steam
stuck at .12
have to delete game entirely

so when you build the rocket, do you escape the planet? me and a friend havent bothered playing any further because we're not sure what to do if we build a rocket

Building a rocket and launching it with a satellite is the endgoal. The game gives you the victory screen when you do that.

You didn't switch to the new beta build, did ya?

Wolff, what, do you have some fucking revenge autism? You keep freezing this shit.

0.12 is the latest stable version. You might have to go into the steam thing to opt in for the newest version.

Fuck me.
Was it in the thread?
I guess losing all my save files is what I get for not reading the thread.
Thanks and sorry for making you spoonfeed me.

I cannot load downlaod map:
control.lua module defines not found

Then stop trying?

Well then how am I supposed to play?

Nevermind i'm a fucking idiot

Fuck this shit.
All of the servers I "can't reach"

According to all known laws
of aviation,

there is no way a bee
should bee able to fly.

Its wings are too small to get
its fat little beedy off the ground.

The bee, of course, flies anyway

beecause bees don't care
what humans think is impossible.

Yellow, black. Yellow, black.
Yellow, black. Yellow, black.

Ooh, black and yellow!
Let's shake it up a little.

Barry! Beeakfast is ready!

Coming!

Hang on a second.

Hello?

- Beerry?
- Adam?

- Oan you beelieve this is happening?
- I can't. I'll pick you up.

Looking sharp.

Use the stairs. Your father
paid good money for those.

Sorry. I'm excited.

Here's the graduate.
We're very proud of you, son.

A perfect report card, all BEE's.

Very proud.

Ma! I got a thing going here.

- You got lint on your fuzz.
- Ow! That's me!
cont

Fucking slavic coding magic. Such an amazing game. I really should just fucking buy this thing considering how long I've played and shilled for it.

Anyway, if I can connect to the current game with the experimental in the vola or the torrent posted above then I'll join in 20 or so. If not then I'll set up a server from my favella for others to join.

:^) indeed.

even if I'm quoting a dank meme from 4channit, theres no reason to sage
I'm not going to continue though, I'd have to change all the 'b' sounds into 'bee' and I don't want to do that.

Supposed to sage for off topic fam

Thread's still on track, not derailed.
funny me mes don't deserve a sage
also if we're off topic, you're supposed to sage fam :)

>Cannot load downloaded map: base/control.lua:1: module defines not found; no such file base/defines.lua no such file base/defines.lua no such file C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Factorio/data/core/lualib/defines.lua

What is the problem?

have steam check integrity of the game cache
then run steam AND factorio in admin
if that doesn't work, delete the lualib folder or if it's there, the defines.lua

They prerender everything and convent it to sprites. Just like in good old times.

If you can't get multiplayer to work try it out on some other random faggot's server until you get it to work. When you try to join it freezes us.

Well, I downloaded the 32 bit version and it works, even though my mahcine runes a 64 bit os

IMHO drones are better for long range logistics because you only have to defend a few points instead of a long line of conveyors

the fuck is the ip address?

He's a steamfag so probably doesn't know.
I can't remember the password for the router so I can't port forward and set up my own pirate one.

I liked the ability to just plop down a few things and start production immediately without planning, more importantly I had a giant section of water between resources so I had no choice, it was either go around or go over. Robots won.

If I join from new zealand I'm going to fuck the server aren't I?

Drones can scale infinitely.
Belts, inserters and trains cannot.

The oil killed us.
We just didn't have enough.

Wouldn't it be better to have a multiplayer where everything is slightly delayed and out of synch, than have an awkward peer to peer multiplayer that freezes whenever someone tries to join and gets it's shit fucked up if someone with a shit internet tries to play and gets exponentially worse as more people join?

I don't understand why the devs thought this was a good idea.

autist working on theoretical perfect worlds where people have perfect internet connections with low latency to the other side of the world

he's working on it though and the blogpost about it was posted by

Game about automation and efficiency for me.

IT IS TIME, BROTHERS.

OP or whoever was hosting the server needed to have some downtime. So I'm taking over.

Sever should be up, and on a fiberoptics connection in north-west Europe. Once again:

Let me know if you can't connect.

if you give the IP and port then us lowly pirates can connect too.

IP/hostname: factorio.xunie.ovh
port: default, no need to specify.

Neat.
Mine I whipped up in an hour or so is nowhere near as well organized.

I'm not one to complain, but this shit bugs me.

I now gotta wait a couple minutes for stone to refill. Instead, we could've had the lines backed up into the buffers and everything!

Personal preference, but I find it's better to use a smart inserter and a circuit connection.

Yeah, that works too. The problem I have is that it's not automated and I had to wait for my stone to come through.

Still, it's a no-issue.

>tfw all alone on the server

cozy

Can you play multiplayer without an account?

looks like you can as long as you have the IP and port of the server you are connecting to
but not too sure since I couldn't connect to the Holla Forums hosted server

want to start again but this time actually plan shit out?
stuff like that
??

strawpoll.me/10763043
you decide

I think pirates cant connect because host is a fag.

i think pirates should buy the fucking game

nice bait m8

factorio.xunie.ovh is the ip
instead of a number basically.

way to be a whore

also, I'm kind of sick and tired of a "good" dev turning to a sociopaths moron who finds it fond to destroy everything that put him where he was.
there is too many devs that do this with no warning or clues whatsoever.
once the game industry crashes again and those who actually care about vidya start making vidya again, maybe I might be looser with my wallet.

That's fuckin' bullshit, mate.

factorio.xunie.ovh should work for pirates too. I know, I checked.

If you just fill that in, it will do a DNS lookup for the actual IP address and then work.
The reason I did that is so that if I stop hosting? I'll point it at OP's IP address and people will transparently connect to his game again.
The only possible way to fuck that up is if I changed the DNS entry and your downstream cached didn't update yet. TTL = 600
Or, maybe, your DNS settings are fucked. Or more likely: you just can't reach me.

voted.

'ovh' is a valid TLD.

Reminder that droids are the best anti-grief mechanic and that you guys should make blueprints of everything.

RESTARTNG

>in an unstable client
And that's why I like these god damn devs.

HERE'S MY PLAN for redevelopment of the base centered around rail input for the smelters

late game copper is extremely important becuase of purple chips

use a smaller chest and fill it up with one iron plate per square you don't want filled.

or just use the the red X to limit the amount of shit you can put in a chest

why not just use the red x to tell it not to fill past a certain point

dat hive mind

Ay OP. Wanna take over the server again?

not op but sure let me hope on real quick

no wait… hahaha im op kek what am i doing lol

kek them trips servers up now with same passwords and name as befire

(checked)

SERVER STATUS
OP is hosting.
Game name: Holla Forumsidia
Password: niggernigger
Connect to the server via the server browser or directly to factorio.xunie.ovh. (It might take 10 minutes for the domain to 'fix' itself because DNS caches.)

FUCK

Lame idea, tbh fam.

its hip to fuck bees

My fucking train is fucked. I have a track with both ends being a loop that sends the train going back in the other direction with the station being on the inside track facing back towards the track it came from, so trains go off on the turn, through the loop, and then stop at the station before the junction joins. It works on one end, but on the other end the train flat out refuses to path through the the turn off the junction. If I move just passed the junction and initiate the turn, then turn on the train schedule and tell it to go to the next station, it's fine. What the fuck gives?

bees

I think the server died.

looks that way. it autosaves though, so only a few minutes will have been lost when it comes back up

Is it dead? Also does connecting to that address work for pirates or is that why I can't connect?

Put the station on the other side of the tracks maybe?

That fixes it, but then I don't have space to load because I let the train carriages go a bit down the turn and keep unloading them. If I have the train stop on the way in and then go through the turn, the carriages go too far.

post a picture god damn I don't understand

Not OP server host here. I see the game is down, should I start hosting from the latest autosave?

I think OP is asleep or something.

op here looks like my computer reset some time in the night sorry bros

i was at work letting the server run sorry about the reset

ok there we go servers back up sorry again about the down time didn't expect it

only 2 hours so that's good

I made an image for this thread

I'm gonna convert your boypussy user-senpai!!

timmy see me after class for detention

I was joking, user.
Even the coal plant is a fabrication by me.

Is the server down for anyone else?

good goy
It doesn't matter if it's "worth money" already, you shouldn't preorder or buy early access because you're promoting cancerous business practices by doing it.

I'll buy it after it's finished, and I mean finished, not "it's still a buggy unfinished shit but the devs don't wanna work on it no more so they decided to just change the version number to 1.0 and call it done."

It doesn't even matter if it's finished already, you're still feeding the cancer by buying before it's officially released.

98% reviews positive
Its not.
Everyone who plays it likes it.

Wow it's like you didn't read a single word of what I wrote.

This. I like Factorio, I really do. But the game still isn't complete and considering the progress made the past couple years I'm beginning to have serious doubts that it ever will be.

Gonna have to agree with this guy.

He never actually implied that. What the fuck?

Who gives a shit? Come play the game with us!

see

Upload the game if you want me to join. I'm not buying it until it's actually finished (hoping that happens).

How about you see ?

Why don't you guys go back to playing Call of Duty or something.

How embarrassing. Thanks.

Actually my autism is so strong that sometimes people don't like playing Factorio with me.

because we're autistic not faggots

WELL SAID

what the fuck guys

don't look at me i made the rail yards
copper and iron are ready just need to have them link up to deposits

well almost ready

that is legitimately retarded. it uses robots to fly ore over, smelts it, then puts the plates back in the logistics system

I've done this before in extreme late game when I have a dedicated set of smelters laid down and no resources nearby, so I build a set of electric mining machines down in a resource rich spot and cart all of the resources back to the refinery where it gets processed and then put into the logistics system. With the way I have my logistics system set up it doesn't require many robots to run outside of requesting materials.

what I don't get is why the fuck it combines the lines of ore into a mixed line rather than just having one separate line for each.

WE DID IT LADS

I'm also locked up. Happens to me sometimes when someone else leaves.

That must have been me, sorry guys.

It only happens occasionally when people leave.
Now that we won does anyone want to start over with mods? There isn't anything to do besides finish those rail lines and get more oil.

I havent looked into mods yet, anything good?

If people want to stay on this game, we can finish out research then pour all of our resources into machines of war and remove alien on an industrial scale.

I remember some guy was making a military expansion mod with a bunch of new, higher capacity buildings. He posted his work in the agdg at some stage.

DON'T LET IT DIE

We all gotta die someday, user.

back good job guys
lets send more!

we could run the latest bobs mod

they gon atomic power plants late game that kick fucking as for power, they also look fucking bads

this
forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=9502

its pretty fucking Rad

hope kek blesses who ever gets >>10099999

Mods on a game that is still in active development never feel right to be honest.

they want mods to be used tho
mods.factorio.com/

Mods are also a good way for a developer to farm out development of game ideas.

If we're thinking about running mods next game, here's some suggestions.

Quality-of-life thing. Automatically takes ammo and fuel from your inventory when you place entities that require them.

Another quality-of-life thing. Adds barrel filling and emptying recipes for all vanilla liquids.

Balances and expands the vanilla power armor(s) and equipment. Each tier of armor is crafted using the previous tier. Adds two new power sources, a burner generator and a power conduit for drawing electricity from the grid. Changes the Fusion Reactor to use alien artifacts as fuel.

Or… use it as an excuse not to improve their game.

That is a distinct possibility for a less than scrupulous developer.

To point out a specific example: Kerbal Space Program. Full of poor design choices and half implemented features they never got around to finishing. I spent more time trying to 'fix' the game via modding than I did actually playing it.

But I don't see that happening with Factorio, as the devs are pretty based. Admittedly, they are hesitant almost to the point of reluctancy to add anything requiring a great deal of new art assets, but that's a consequence of having one art guy in a ~10 man team.

Considering that most art guys are hipsters and SJWs? I see no problem with that.

Besides, I like the art but that's just subjective.

I'd like to add to this that we should get some mods that can act as a resource sink. There's very little actual resource sinks in the game, meaning there's very little reason to actually aggressively expand.
Best example here is if you conserve resources, you can probably tech up all the way to rocket silo and launch your shit with only a 2-3 mines of each type. It's kind of silly how little reason there is to expand.

going to be looking into the mod list here
can tell you right now what mods we are definitely going to be using because i used them before and loved them

mods.factorio.com/mods/Phalke/DistancePlus

mods.factorio.com/mods/Bobingabout/bobinserters

mods.factorio.com/mods/Schorty/air-filtering
(great for late game)

mods.factorio.com/mods/Choumiko/RailTanker
(fucking oil god damn so good)

mods.factorio.com/mods/jorgen19981/BigDrill
(not balanced but great for late game)

mods.factorio.com/mods/Fatmice/UraniumPower
(great power mode)

ill be looking in on getting more, dicing if i want bobs mods
5dims mods
or

Yuoki Industries

all are pretty big mods that add loads of stuff(but sine need to have the stile updated to fit the game graphicly)

also prob going to have these two, mod server will start running wednesday morn and ill post a full list of the mods and we'll run a stability test which means will need lots of people playing

Who knew the lack of stone would make this so complicated

just wait till you have to make stone gear for basic stuff in hard mode mod

woah 130 replies

i uh i set up a test server to see how mods work with multi player

so i need someone to try and join

server :
Holla Forums test server
passwords jews

You expect me to install twenty five mods through this janky-ass interface?
Next feature they implement, mods should be able to be auto-downloaded by the user if he wishes to.

is that a thing or did you just make it up

yeaaah.. would love to join but having to track down proper versions of individual mods is a pain in the ass. put together a mod pack or something.

yeah. openttd has it. they have a mod hosting thing. if you join a server and are missing the mods for it, the game auto downloads the mod from the ottd mod host if its on there.

but yeah sorry bud people wanted modded factorio

heres the mod list
thats all the mods

have them by wednesday (9am CST) becuase that's when the modded servers going to be going up

cool thing is
go to mods>install mods>search >download (you'll have to repeat the search each time tho)

also yeah i could make a mod pack
where to upload it though?

MEGA is the go-to upload slut for random faggots

wow fuck you google

it actually filtered it out

fuckin' cuckolds.
mega.nz

megafileupload.com/bngF/v_s_modpack.7z

there
thanks yahoo for not being a faggot

user
anon no
mega.nz

ill keep that in mind for next time i need to share files thank bro

kk

il just ill just this
volafile.io/r/6ZN6wF
there

sorry for spamming link and shit i don't really know what im doing =V

you guys have about a day to get it becuase lazy
mega.nz/#fm/CAIXlKZI

I just installed all the god damn mods and you stop hosting.

Also: Go sage or something, sheeeit. It's there for a reason.

sorry let me just

JUST SO EVERYONES UP TO SPEED

mod pack you'll need to play on the server

the server will be going on line at 9:00 am CST (central standard time) on wednesday the 20th

ill try and generate a good starting location tomorrow after work so we'll be in a good spot to start wednesday, the mods i picked are really good and i think will add a lot to the game, and make thing a lot more enjoyable/ challenging, we'll also need to do a lot more planing then we did the last time beucase theres going to be a lot of items added along with loads of new processing we'll need to be ready for mid game, i look forward to playing with you gents over the next few weeks on the new server when it comes on line im sure will have loads of fun, till then, post base plans,set ups and other related content as per usual

thank you for you attention

have a windows koala

Looks like I found another reason to live another week or so, implementing autistic shit.

you've got to include the decryption key in the link you mong.

fuck, look bud i don't know what the fuck im doing just go here i guess and unzip the file

its the same file

This game is the fucking comfiest

you could have saved a lot of steel making the track loop back onto itself rather than run the entire course twice.

Train stops are extremely easy to manage, and the system will bring more crude automatically and constantly while you go do something else. Also, it's a good idea to have this stop be inside the walls, also. A train moving at speed will run over biters hardly caring, but a parked one is vulnerable to attack.

Quads don't lie, also the devs specifically said that they modeled the signals after OpenTTD, so it's not difficult to do a multi-train setup.

Switch to cyanide pills, hippie.

Evolution is not only caused by pollution, but also time.

Also:
Every unit of solid fuel not burnt in favor of shitty solar is an insult to humanity's supremacy.

Do you enjoy taking cock up the ass or in your mouth?

or in the cock

hm

How do you survive without solar? You require way too much coal to power a large base with nothing but steam engines.

All of my oil goes to plastic, and that's with highest richness oil patches and somewhat slow red circuit production.

You don't need many coal miners to supply even a massive amount of steam engines. You need to waste a hell of a lot more space on solar panels than you would on steam engines and boilers.
How big is your supply coal patch?

It's more like "high speed belts can't supply all of it" kind of problem, not "I'm gonna run out" kind of problem. My last proper play was on a map with excessive amounts of resources, I can't imagine what would happen on a more normal map.

All jokes aside, I can't imagine playing without nuclear power.
Solar requires too much space and doesn't put out enough to be a sole power source, and coal not only is finite, but also requires increasing amounts of infrastructure as you scale up productivity.
Nuclear power takes a bit to set up, but it shits out power like you wouldn't believe.

this nigger knows his shit

I'll let you in on a secret I don't play the game, I was just meming around because coal outclasses solar in terms of energy yet people whine about how it isn't clean IRL
But as said apperently its good in the game

BUT as said just like IRL nuclear power outclasses everything

This videogame sounds just like real life!

PS, also use boxes as buffer. Hands work better that way.

Of course that's going to make it easier.

Solar can take unexpectedly more space and panels/accumulators than you expect the first time around, but I don't think it's difficult in the end. You just make some kind of tileable blueprints and then slap it around into some corner with robots.

i don't know what the hells going own with the map gen, with the mod pack, took me 3 hours to gen a good starting location oh well, at least you guys will like it,
PS trains are going to need to be a thing for the factoy to work into the mid to late game

Is there boats or any way to cross water yet?

Atomic power is actually pretty well balanced

Coal plants emit more radiation than nuclear plants.

Just some food for thought…

FUCK YEAH

I'm not sure that would help, the limitation is in belt speed. The boilers at the end of the line can barely get enough coal.

I'd need to set up a second row of boilers at a different coal patch or something.

There's landfill which allows you to fill in ground. I don't think you can reverse it though.

also video letathe best moid

theres also a boat mod >.>

Hehehehehe why

youtube.com/watch?v=3vPV_WeQxV8

but why not solid fuel?

why not wood

I got your solars right here

god damnit

I almost got angry at that chaotic placement, but then I realized what you did.

Double autism.

GOD DAMN IT

WEV LED

it looks almost like a vector trace from the thumbnail

I remembering getting this in the mail one day, playing outside, and my friends made fun of me when they saw the package.

Finally! My spaghetti have never been this efficient!

What does it do?

Simple - it senses items on belts, on the square mechanized belt occupies. You can also set it to stop moving, I use it to manage my early stage mixed smelting line, before I get to build those humongous single-material smelting facilities. When I get too much copper on the output I limit copper ore input.

You did what?

I just realized you could use those wires to balance oil production. Probably, I haven't actually played around with them much so I don't know what kind of things they can do.

If heavy oil tank is full, enable heavy to light conversion machine.
If light oil tank is full, enable light to petroleum conversion machine.
If petroleum tank is full, enable petroleum to solid fuel conversion machine.

I always had a problem where one of those tanks would get full, so crude oil would no longer get processed, and then the other tanks (particularly petroleum) would get depleted. But at the same time I don't want to waste all of my heavy oil in case I need lubricant.

OH SHIT NIGGER WHAT ARE YOU DOING

But plastic hurts the environment! Petroleum to solid fuel, holy fuck.

OH GOD I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW

You can yell at me all you want and tell me to just use long inserters you fucking cunt, but combinators make me hard as fuck.

Good idea. But here's something better: only frack heavy when there's little to no light or gas.
That way you won't start fracking when you don't need to. And only frack if your raw reserves are above 75 percent.

There are no long inserters because blue science shit isn't there yet.

Also, remember that making solid fuel is most resource efficient if you make it from light oil. That is, cracking heavy oil into light oil and then making solid fuel out of it produces more solid fuel per barrel of oil input. So use heavy oil to produce lube and use the rest to crack it into light oil, use light oil to produce solid fuel. Only crack light oil into petrol if you really need petrol and/or there's plenty of solid fuel already.

Tell me, what about basic vs advanced refining? Does that make a difference at all?

Triggered. Why do people do this?

because oil is more valuable as oil and coal is easy to get

I'm convinced. Fuck xenos.

Make another line you faggot.

also is the server up or am I a day early?

It's exceedingly simple and quick setup. You can get autistic when your basic factory is running.

With both methods, if you crack all heavy oil and pump it into light oil reservoir, you'll get 5.25 tons of light oil per 10 tons of crude oil input. Then cracking all that light oil produces 3.5 tons of petrol. But in advanced oil processing you get 5.5 tons of petrol per 10 tons of crude oil, whereas in basic you only get 4 tons. So if you were cracking all oil to petrol, you'd be at 1.5 tons advantage. Heavy oil is, however, needed for lubricant production. Depending on your demand for lubricant, you may have to choose basic oil processing because it produces 3 times as much heavy oil. You may go with electronically controlled setup with main line doing advanced oil processing and auxiliary line doing basic oil processing if there isn't enough lubricant being produced. Solid fuel is best produced from light oil, but you get same amount either way.

Try solid fuel power generation sometime, much higher energy density per item. With the right module usage you can get about 2 MW of infinite energy out of a completely tapped oil well.

Is it indeed correct that one of the mods, CMHMod - Rebalancing of Bob's Mods, is disabled, and everything else is enabled?

It's a little confusing, you want petroleum the most, but you also need heavy for lubricant. Light oil however is the most efficient for solid fuel I think, but you probably want solid fuel only if you don't need petroleum or heavy anymore, or you might not want solid at all.

I guess you could do something like this:

Heavy -> Lubricant, always on, stopped naturally when lubricant tank gets full
Heavy -> Light, only if heavy and lubricant are at >95%
Light -> Petroleum, only if light is at >95% and petroleum is at solid, only if light is at >95% and petroleum is at >50% if you want solid, or petroleum >95% and heavy

I'm gonna miss making things like this a bit now.

I wonder, does a closed circuit of just the pumpjack on a 0.1/s well, all the refineries needed to make everything into solid fuel, and the inserters produce enough fuel for the generators to supply enough electricity to run itself and have excess?

You may also need power for packing/unpacking oil/fuel and running a train depending on where you generate power.

So no one else makes long pipes all the way from the oil wells instead of putting it in barrels?

Yes, 2 MW of extra power is what I meant. I did the math including inserters to remove solid fuel from the chemical labs and inserters to place it back in boilers one time. The calculation includes all aspects of production.

That's what I do, trains are still too tedious to justify for me.

That's like running a conveyor belt 60 miles from every ore deposit instead of making a rail line.

Actually it's probably worse because pipes have a pressure system of sorts so one end is more filled than the other.

So, is a server up?

One depleted oil well with two Speed Module 3s = 0.2 oil/sec

Conversion to solid fuel with optimal setup…
1.2 * (1.2 * 0.75 + 1.2 * 4.5) = 7.56 solid fuel from light and heavy oil
1.2 * 1/2 * 1.2 * 5.5 = 3.96 solid fuel from petroleum
7.56 + 3.96 = 11.52 solid fuel from one advanced oil processing (10 oil)

0.2 oil/sec * 11.52 solid fuel/10 oil = 0.2304 solid fuel/sec

0.2304 solid fuel/sec * 25 MJ/solid fuel * 1/2 boiler efficiency = 2.88 MJ/sec = 2.88 MW

Then you have to subtract the cost to power the well and refinement processes…

2880 kW – [(well 216 kW) + (refinery [14 kW idle] + (1092 kW * 5 sec/0.7) kJ/50 sec) + (heavy oil cracking [7 kW] + 168 kJ * 0.3/50 sec) + (light oil to solid fuel [7 kW] + (1872 kJ * 6.3/50 sec) + (petroleum to solid fuel [7 kW] + 1872 kJ * 3.3/50 sec)] = 2880 kW – ([35 kW] + 732.432 kW) = 2112.568 kW

I guess I didn't include inserters after all. But their power use is pretty minor so it's no big deal.

See
Server is gonna be up roughly 5½ hours from now.

I tried playing with all these mods but it's such a pain in the ass with all those different materials. It should be a lot better with a group though.

Is that necessary? Their idling energy drain is bigger than regular inserters. Are they moving enough product to justify it?

Well it used to be that they use the same energy while idle as regular inserters, resulting in fast inserters ultimately using less energy because their speed increase outdoes the extra power draw. If this is new then I guess there's a reason to use regulars again.

Really niggers?

You put down one assembly machine and it consumes so much energy in comparison that it makes all this inserter power draw autism irrelevant.

Only if you mean regular inserters at 13 kW, because fast inserters consume 40 kW and you need multiple of those, and then there's new inserters that consume well over 100 kW of power.

When is the server going up?

See

T - 2 mins 30 seconds till server goes online get ready to join gents make sure you have the mode pack if you want to play on the server

I was about to get ready to start shitposting about where the server is. Good to see you're starting nicely on schedule.

servers up
server name \
Holla Forumsidia Modded server
password:
niggernigger

punctuality is important

``>>10117836
no all mods are enabled or should be

You gotta make those types of messages clear, my friend.
Formatting is key.

SERVER: UP!
Name: Holla Forumsidia Modded server
Password: niggernigger, as always
Hostname: factorio.xunie.ovh, inb4 namefagging

COMPLETE MOD LIST
Either download everything here: volafile.io/r/6ZN6wF
Or see the image and install everything yourself.

And we're off to a good start, gentlemen!

Relax, friend.

I've made us an ancient sacred symbol of success.

i told you when we were starting
be more punctual

Not him, but I just got on, I had work

Well, fuck. No fluorite. OP set the fluorite generation to have a "very low" frequency and "small" size. Well, no wonder we didn't find any!

Should we generate a new map because we got no fucking fluorite?
strawpoll.me/10795504

OP is at the vet now with his cats apparently, so he can't generate a new map and I don't trust myself to generate a good one, so.

Also: OP's network might be a bottleneck with these large filesizes. I recommend OP I host large maps because muh 50 megabit/s upload speed

For some reason I can't load the map
I have all of the mods installed

We still need a bit of research to even be able to make logic boards to make nuclear plants, and we aren't even using so much energy that we need a nuke plant. Maybe by the time we need them and can make them someone will have found flourite. But on the other hand maybe the nearest flourite is so far away nobody is going to find it. I'm on the fence here.

Well, you convinced me to give it another go.

Can't revote so count my "Yes" as a "No".

op here back from the vet got the vacs up to date so what are we doing about the shit conditions?

sorry i fucked it up

so are we moving to a new thread whats going on?

Updated for accuracy

Yeah we could start a new thread now if you wanted. We're on page 15.
I'd rec restarting the map with more fluorite as per the strawpoll and putting the server details in the OP.

kk going to make a thread

bahahahaha

8ch.net/v/res/10125970.html#10125974