Puerto Rico Begging To Become Part of USA

Puerto Rico Votes in Favor of American Statehood, But in a Non-Binding Plebiscite with a Low Turnout

The economically struggling U.S. island territory of Puerto Rico voted overwhelmingly on Sunday in favor of becoming the 51st state, although turnout was low and adding another star to the U.S. flag likely faces an uphill battle in Congress.

A government website for the non-binding referendum, Puerto Rico's fifth such plebiscite since 1967, showed 97% supported statehood. Only 23% of the 2.2 million eligible voters participated in the vote.

Puerto Rico Governor Ricardo Rossello campaigned for statehood as the best avenue to boost future growth for the island, which has $70 billion in debt, a 45 percent poverty rate, woefully underperforming schools and near-insolvent pension and health systems.

"From today going forward, the Federal government will no longer be able to ignore the voice of the majority of the American citizens in Puerto Rico," Rossello said in a statement.

"It would be highly contradictory for Washington to demand democracy in other parts of the world, and NOT respond to the legitimate right to self-determination that was exercised today in the American territory of Puerto Rico," he added.

Puerto Rico's hazy political status, dating back to its 1898 acquisition by the United States from Spain, has contributed to the economic crisis that pushed it last month into the biggest municipal bankruptcy in U.S. history.

"I voted for statehood," Armando Abreu, a 74-year-old retiree, said after voting. "Even if it's still a long way off in the distance, it's our only hope."

Those in favor of statehood for the mainly Spanish-speaking Caribbean island hope the new status would put the territory on equal standing with the 50 U.S. states, giving them more access to federal funds and the right to vote for U.S. president.

Under the current system, Puerto Rico's 3.5 million American citizens do not pay federal taxes, vote in presidential elections or receive proportionate federal funding on programs like the Medicaid health insurance system for the poor. The U.S. government oversees policy and financial areas such as infrastructure, defense and trade.

Rossello will ask Congress to respect the result, but Puerto Rico is seen as a low priority in Washington.

fortune.com/2017/06/11/puerto-rico-statehood-referendum-51st-state/

If Puerto Rico can do this, why can't Canada? FFS, when is God Emperor Trump going to annex us already?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_2018
archive.is/NW447
statisticbrain.com/iq-estimates-by-intended-college-major/
randalolson.com/2014/06/25/average-iq-of-students-by-college-major-and-gender-ratio/
chhaylinlim.wordpress.com/2014/09/24/average-iq-per-college-major/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hopefully this is shot down early and quickly, we definitely do not need another Dem state full of shitskins

Nor do we need their debts and their uselessness…

They're already US citizens (1917) which gives them Constitutional protections, English is the official language (1993), and they have the same 3 branch government as any State. Hell, you don't even need a passport to travel back and forth. All they lack is electoral votes. That's it. Why would they need statehood?

since when is 23% a majority?

You forgot another difference, they don't pay Federal taxes.

You just answered your own question. But the most tantalizing prize of all is two extra sure bet Democrat senate seats.

Already a thread about this.

Fuck no. Those are guaranteed blue seats. There's no way in hell this will work with Republicans still in control, which is why it is critical that everyone pays special attention to the upcoming election season. There are only 8 republican seats up for grabs, but it is paramount that those stay red. There are 25 blue seats up for grabs and it would be wonderful to take a few of those, but not at the expense of losing red seats in the senate. There are other elections as well. The House is more volatile due to the 2 year terms, but you don't want to lose seats there either. Stop the commies now or else they'll fuck America extra hard for fighting back.

Use this.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_House_of_Representatives_elections,_2018

WE NEED MORE VOTES

This is it right here. We definitely need another sanctuary state that will allow illegals to flood in and vote solid democrat.

Fuck puertorico, they get a sweet deal already with no federal taxes

I don't really think their statehood would amount to very many electoral votes. It'll have about maybe 6 or 7 electoral votes. Not even that could have saved Hillary. My biggest concern is how to assimilate them into American society. They mostly speak Spanish, they're very poor, and not properly educated.
Their debt is a massive issue, and it's a haven for drug use and crime.
It's not going to be the Hawaii of the Atlantic, tbh. It's a beautiful piece of land but might not be able to become a state.

Pick one.

Why would you want to assimilate pooerico user?

I just checked it out and apparently Puerto Rico is 75% pure Iberian/Castizo. They're whiter than mainland America.

Why do these faggots vote Democrat? Does the "Hispanic" culture just make all races commie faggots or something?

Puerto Ricans vote for whitey gibs and demand whitey change to suit them. Who woulda thunk it?

wew

The difference, you fucking mong, is that Texas was full of white settlers who gave a damn about freedom. Not communist niggers who just want gibs.

archive.is/NW447

It's like he actually know how much he is hurting the people around him with the trans bullshit and still makes himself the victim. He actually know that what he does is fucked up and wrong but he just cant give up the victim privilige its so disgusting.

know knows testing

Congress still has to approve it and I doubt they will since we stand to gain absolutely nothing from it but another democrat state.

PR is full of stupid spic-niggers.

America should agree to pay off their debts but in return they become an "organized non self-governing territory" which is basically they are property of the US but aren't citizens (they're "nationals" which means they need a green card to come to USA proper), and do not self govern (other than local municipal matters, an American committee and the US Congress governs them).

This would require new legislation since the passing of the "organics act" which said that all of the US territories will self-govern. But they've proved they can't.

Trump has to shut that shit down ASAP, you know liberals would love the extra diversity, senators, representatives, and electoral votes. And would adopt them into statehood the first chance they get.

Puerto Rico is in a serious situation so needing more federal funds is the reason.

Just what the US needed. A whole country of beaners and mongrels.

No, they're citizens. No green card or passport needed. They have 100% of the benefits of US citizenship except they can't vote in federal elections and they don't pay federal taxes.

Yeah, no. We've already got enough dumb spics hoovering up cash and fucking up elections.

Friendly reminder that styx and other civicuckold nationalists approve of this terrible fucking idea.

GIBS
I
B
S

Why is it every spic country is a bankrupt mess? There isn't one successful beaner or nigger country on the planet. White men are to blame, right?

You didn't read my post.

We should agree to pay off the debts for them but in return they are no longer citizens and we run their country for them.

Styx also thinks the government needs to protect homos more, basically advocating for a protected class. Not everything he says is particularly intelligent.

Oh, you're right. My bad.

Argentina when it was still run by it's mostly Germanic farm industry was actually a coherent nation until the late 50s/60s when a string of weird leftists bankrupted the nation and allowed sny shitskin from every country in latin america come in with no borders what so ever.

Chile is basically the same thing, not when the immigration of Peruvians started there though.
You can still see qt German descended blondes there though.

South of Brazil also a very similar story; it was a mixed race shithole (with some blacks thrown in), European immigrants arrived and built big industrial cities in the South, then they became swarmed by mixeds who built shanty towns and now live off gibs

THIS!
It's about gibs for the subhumans.

The race mixed genetic ruined their life.

What a fucking joke.

They can't help but to beg for the money because they screwed them over. I bet the white people with disabilities would do a better job than them.

PR here so I may be able to provide background.

It probably won't mean shit tbh. Almost no one voted. We had one of these in the previous elections, statehood vote won and it still didnt mean shit as nothing got done as a result.

English is not the official language. It's official in paper but in reality you'll be pressed to find people with good english outside the metropolitan area (about 10% of the total population has good english).

Untrue, we actually pay one federal tax and that is Social Security. Then again you can't start to charge us federal taxes because at that point we can demand statehood since there would be zero difference between PR and a state then.

We actually severely hate the dominicans who come in illegally. Voting democrap is however true. PR is a literal gibs nation.

You can't. First you can't educate them, the avg iq is 87, a chemistry BA student has an avg iq of 125. They are essentially nigger tier in terms of intelligence and laziness. Second, a decent amount of people glorify Puertorican "culture", and while the food and music (not reggayton) is fucking glorious. Sadly, there is a national pride in "being puertorican" even though they won't be able to tell you what it is. Fuck colonialism but oh man i need my american brand clothes, american franchises like starbucks, american media, american music, gotta follow american movie stars and singers, gotta know american politics…

LOLNOPE. A radio host put it simply after the census: "75% white? Nah, see the thing is theres no caramel option, so your avg will go im not white but EEHHHHH im surely not black!" They don't want to identify as niggers but they also know theyre not white. The pure Iberians are one of the smartest people on the island but they're quite rare. I'd say they're about 15-20%. Not all are that good either, tons are obese.

If only you knew how bad the welfare state is in PR. When you've got generations raised on welfare gov housing, free gov phone, free power, free water, free internet and the ability to deal drugs to avoid doing any work and you've got the parasite paradise! There's more welfare recipients than taxpayers. They truly believe self-determination is living off of gibs.

False.

Washington DC pays federal taxes and aren't a state.

Come on now. You don't have to like Spics, but South America proper is doing quite well - except Venezuela, of course.

Old news. Peru is doing better than Chile on many accounts now. Economically much more dynamic. Much more opportunities for a young, enterprising man. Chile is ok for retirement.

Where did you find that?

America's gene pool is diluted enough.

We can use it as a place to store refugees and illegals until they are kicked out. But honestly, Puerto Rico should be kicked out of the commonwealth and made an independent shithole like Haiti or Dominican Republic. Our tax dollars should not go to spics.

PR becoming a state opens the door for more places becoming states
could european countries join?
how about canada?

Canada and Europe are mostly white and Christian.
Puerto Ricans are violent spics who come to the mainland to join gangs and fill our prisons.

Valid point but they do have certain rights like voting rights. In any case PR shouldn't be made a state. Frankly they need to just stop issuing out citizenship for anyone born as of now. Most people don't have the cash to move to the states and would have to stay. Anyone with a kid without citizenship will find travel hard, acting as a natural setback to travel and it also prevents them from moving to the states as they would have to take care of a child. After the older generation dies out, the problem has fixed itself.

Independence is actually insane for PR. We only produce enough food to support about 4% of the population. It won't happen because muh humanitarian crisis! It should happen after slowly weaning the parasitic PR's off of US welfare.

I remember a graph posted on Holla Forums about it, had to do with iq and major. Still, jewgle search provides similar results:

statisticbrain.com/iq-estimates-by-intended-college-major/

randalolson.com/2014/06/25/average-iq-of-students-by-college-major-and-gender-ratio/

chhaylinlim.wordpress.com/2014/09/24/average-iq-per-college-major/

Only Uruguay is worth it, the rest of South America is trash.

No it doesn't, Europe is not an American colony.
No.

This would be fucking terrible. Don't believe any of the memes about Ricans being white. They use latin american definitions of white, which means anyone with a little white blood, more or less. In reality, they're a gangbang of spanish, nigger slave, and native indian blood. They're only like 60% white. There ARE some white PRs, but the vast majority are shitskins.

And while it's true that they already have US citizenship and can freely move to anywhere in the US if they want, the only thing stopping more from doing this is that most are too poor to leave. Anything that makes PRs wealthy means more moving here because they can finally afford.

But most importantly is the effect this would have in our federal elections. 2 more senators. 4-5 more house reps. 6-7 more electoral votes in presidential elections. And they would ALL be democrat. And anyone who tells you "the republicans should give them statehood because then they'll be loyal republican voters" is a fucking idiot. This is literally the same fucking logic JEB! and his ilk tried using to support amnesty. It's the same thinking that Reagan used to grant millions of beaners citizenship in California, which then sealed that State's fate. Statehood for PR would mean certain death for whites in federal politics. It'd be the coup de grace.

That said… even if we were to accept them, I believe it takes several years for statehood to happen. Probably wouldn't become a state until the mid 2020s. And by then, it basically wouldn't fucking matter, because due to demographic issues, Trump will probably be the last republican in office. He'll win reelection in 2020 and that will be it. But the spic democrats in the senate and house would still fuck us over more on top of that.

It’s actually not. American whites are whiter than European ones. We just have a fuckton of nonwhites fucking each other. Like you.

Interesting, thanks. I wonder how high mine is given that I thought everyone in my classes were morons and the average for hard science is that high.

I'm aware of some half-flip half-whites who married spics.

This is something Europeans have a hard time understanding. They think that since America is 63% white, that they interpret this as meaning that we are a homogeneous society of people who are each have roughly 63% white blood. That's not how it works.

mixed people make up like 2% of the country, and that's without factoring in the fact that all nonwhites have vastly higher rates of racemixing with each other than white do with them.

America needs a land connection with Alaska, it's not just shitposting, it's actually of utmost strategic importance. If Alaska, the US's most oil and mineral rich state is invaded and some cuck PM like Trudeau cuts us off, it would be very difficult to secure the state from invasion with air campaigns alone.

Canadacucks can keep Vancouver Island and the area around the city it resides in, but the US needs the rest of British Colombia and the Yukon Territory. Maybe Alberta as well.

They're the most right-wing part of Canada (save Hongkouver) anyways, the Canucks wouldn't miss it.

wew. Good job, retards. Enjoy being a non-state forever.

Besides, doesn't this just look better?

Meh, forgot to add Hawaii, but fuck them. They don't deserve to be remembered.

I don't think so. Puerto Rico has always been an American state for all intents and purposes. Them actually becoming the 51st state would only be a formality.

That's false. They can't vote and they don't get senators/representatives, that's a big deal.

I would fucking love it if we could annex Yukon, BC, and Alberta and give them Hawaii and the fucking beaner island territories in exchange. Fuck canada.

Another, less extreme option with only a narrow Cascadian Corridor.

What's false, exactly?

See the problem is that the southeastern portion of Alaska is virtually impossible to build a, say, road or railway line through. You'll need at least a few miles on each side to make effective transportation.

And that if Canada cucks to a foreign power (they will) it'd be rather tough to defend a two mile wide stretch of american clay. You'd need as much land on the eastern side as you can.

t. Alaskanon

Congrats for understanding this. I was surprised a lot of the posters didnt pick up on this

That's not how you spell parasitic disaster.

No, its a good deal. Already these fucks vote for free gibs when its coming from the PR taxpayers, do not give them more access to request more gibs from more taxpayers in the US.

The Yukon, I'm willing to be Canada would be willing to sell or trade for. There's 30,000 people there, half of which are drunken half-frozen injuns. BC is another thing entirely.

Learn to read user. Of course it would be a disaster but that doesn't mean implementing it wouldn't be a formality.

Learn to read nigger.

So that they can be politically pandered to like every other state?

I second this. Juneau and that whole region along the coast looks comfy as fuck. I'd absolutely move up there if it didn't mean leaving my entire family and history behind.

forgot pic

Funny thing, Hungary's vote to join the EU in 2003 was 45,62 percent turnout with 83.76% in favor of it, and we still joined. Methinks this whole turnout thing is a very flawed part of democracy. (Note, when we voted against the migrant quota, it was a ~45% turnout with 98% against the quota, but apparently it wasn't "real" by the left.)

Tell me, anons, how would you fix this gigantic hole in the system? Maybe go back to the roots, subdue the amount of people who can vote, and make voting for these people obligatory?

What's going on in Magyarland right now? I know Poland is still refusing to take any. What about Hungary? Are they bending the knee?

Nah, at least not yet. Orban is very far from the based image that recycled around here, but he sometimes gets the right idea, like with the crisis, for example. He still makes some nice speeches at the EU council, but other than that, in this front he stopped pushing it at Hungary.

In other news, him and the hopeless "far-right" party started an excessive campaign more than a year before the elections. In my opinion, Orbán and his party will win again because 1. there are no other viable party and 2. because Fidesz excels at destroying parties.

A bit of a clarification: Orban and the far right party started a campaign against each other, if that's not entirely clear from my initial post.

Thanks Atilla. Yeah, I hear they're not perfect, but they're still far better than what most of Europe has.

I like the idea of running a nation like a corporation, people with "skin in the game" own shares, the ones with the most shares are chairpersons who elect a CEO to run the nation. That CEO has to hit targets that shareholders have agreed on.

The CEO's reign lasts only as long as he's effective, be that one day or the rest of his life. The CEO however cannot own shares while he's in charge. He does however get paid, and handsomely if he's effective. What's a $1 billion for a great man who's able to increase the GDP by $1 trillion or make a world reknown educational system? His only motive, money… better than esoteric concepts like patriotism that this "democratic experiment" has proven to not be enough of a motive for those to climb the slimy democratic ladder.

But user, how do you abolish nepotism and CEO-s worming their chairpersons into the original ones position? (The same thing happened with AIG in the laste recession in '08.) So the CEO can influence what targets he has to achieve, thus one can maintain a long and dark reign over the people. This is an interesting system, but there's much to think yet!

Only people who own property and firearms should be allowed to vote. Allowing renters to vote is a bad idea.

There is not a single system in all of humanities history that can prevent that. What you're proposing is idealism that runs contrary to innate human behavior. A denial of nature, no better than anarchists who reject the formation of hierarchy.

Instead of fighting against nature, you should seek to create systems that work with it.

You misunderstand me. First off, i didn't proposed anything in my last reply, and I certainly do not wish to see any ideology that runs contrary to human behaviors (got enough of communism, thanks). I merely asked how would you prevent the abhorral disfiguration of your system by greed. Again, I do not state anything, I'm just curious.

And yes, I very much agree with that we must seek to create a system that works with human nature.

No system is perfect user, but this isn't just a company, it's a nation people live in. While imperfect, there will be people who try to fight nepotism. Still sounds like a vastly better system than the one we have now.

At least the idea is a performance based way to get into power and not just a snazzy campaign and a nice smile.

This isn't really happening, right?

That idea is great for a start. I just want you to think more about it, that's why I'm keep asking.

What's the problem?

It's not their decision to make, it would be incredibly unpopular even if Democrats tried to push it through, they owe like $60 billion and most people in the island don't even bother to vote.

Were going to become a state and drain more gibs. Work whitey WORK. Youre already paying for solar power farms in uganda, whats the problem?

Ill tell you a secret, it's actually closer to 130 billion.
-t puertorican

It should just be allowed to collapse. I welcome that shithole getting reduced to 4% of its current population.

Translation:

Not this time, Paco. Fuck off and take Samoa with you.

Checked.

You have to go back, spic. Go back and die in the jungle you were born into

#BoardofPeace

I bet $10 this a plot to prevent Trump from getting re-elected in 2020.

Canadian here. Please liberate me. I'm trapped in Ontario.

That they speak another language is not the main issue. Their average IQ is 89. Assimilation for them is impossible.

Assimilation is for cucks. Non-whites should not be assimilated. Fuck assimilation. Assimilation = racemixing

Free association would be the best option imo

We'd still own them in practice like we do Micronesia, the Marshall Islands, and Palau without the added baggage of propping up their economies

I could see not wanting vancouver and toronto and montreal but the ROC is a perfectly fine place (and hockey is the whitest sport, so go futball nigger or bassketball nigger yourself).

I'm with VDare on this one. We'll pay off the debt, so long as all puerto ricans lose their American citizenship and the island is immediately fully independent.
This would be the best solution long term for everyone, really.

I didn't endorse assimilation. I just stated that it's impossible for Puerto Ricans or any other group which has an average IQ significantly lower than the national average.

You'd have a better chance of getting leaves to agree to full annexation then you would getting to give us just their east coast tbh. They'd have to be retarded to give up their easy access to the Pacific.

Quebec will be independent. Fuck dealing with that.

They still have City of Vancouver and Vancouver Island.

You may be unwanted on the entire continent but you will never be independent.

Just annex all of Canada, it's the only way. Albert and British Columbia are what props up America's economy, without them, parasites like Ontario sink.

MANIFEST DESTINY!

LOL
How would t

*How would that even possible when Europe only has had non-white citizens since around the 50s while you have had niggers and spics in your country for centuries?

I know about being whiter but race mixing is something new.

It was illegal to racemix until the 1970s and it was really frowned upon until the 2000s. I swear, for how much Europeans brag about being so educated, you guys are pretty ignorant of the world outside your continent.

Pics related is how they assimilate to American society.

These islanders are low IQ welfare rats. The english they do learn is muddled ebonics. They come to the US, the proverbial land of milk and honey, and align more with niggers than any other ethnic group. There are 3rd and 4th generation puerto ricans in the states right now that still live like shit and have horrible english. They simply cannot assimilate.

For every 1 puerto rican that acts like a human bean (i.e. gets a high paying job and marries a white woman) there is an entire ghetto of them somewhere collecting gibs. It's a lose lose lose. Fuck the lot of them.

Holy Shit, you fucking retard. Texas begged to be let back into the union because they were flat fucking broke and filled with beaners.

Still smarter than niggers

Kikes can easily take over that and put one of their own in charge. The same way they took over chess tournaments as exposed by Bobby Fischer.

That's fucking wrong. Texas was mostly fucking empty until it was settled by anglos.

No, I'm an Anglo, I don't want to have to deal with what the Anglo Canadians deal with. Besides, they might as well just rename Quebec to France. France won't have that name much longer now anyway. Quebec will be the only place actual French blood is still around, outside of Louisiana.

Yes, and we used the one drop rule very effectively in order to not only keep the race pure but also in order to not need to ever develop any sort of caste system. It's just whites and non-whites.
I posted a picture of this girl in a thread where the topic was talking about ease of spotting non-white blood. I said it's laughably easy in this case to see it. Then I was told by more than one person that she would pass as 100% Kraut in Germany. You Europeans talking about purity are projecting onto America something that isn't real here, but is clearly real there.