So who is ready for LEGION?

Awww yeahh WOOO woooo…… woo?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Illidan-World-Warcraft-William-King/dp/0399177566
legion.wowhead.com/spell=196103/absolute-corruption
wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Med'an
youtube.com/watch?v=UrfTTV2K5g8
us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20176410/the-legion-pre-expansion-patch-arrives-july-19-7-15-2016
youtube.com/watch?v=AOu2ITDM404&t=2h25m54s
mediafire.com/download/7jww69n4b6rm876/L08Arthas39.mp3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

CORRUPTION
O
R
R
U
P
T
I
O
N

REMOVE ELF remove elf

I don't mind the transmog changes tbh

I can't be the only one who saw the leaked model thread with all the corrupted ones right?
I have to ask because what I have seen was so absurd I have to check if it wasn't a dream.
I even remember double corrupted nagas.

But that's so gay.

They've gone full DC Comics with the alternate universes thing prolly.

Then they'll say oh Bronze Dragons Infinite Dragonflight… uh corruption… uh

Bit late now.

Everyone could already make DKs in WC2 and 3 everyone could make DH in WC3.

That is highly homosexual. Your mother better not catch you.

you'd think since this game has been out for over a decade and lived through the transition to widescreen monitors and higher resolutions that they'd take an effort to make the UI less blocky.

WoW has not aged well at all.

NOW YOU CAN BE JUST AS EGDY

those hands are fucking disgusting.

You are now imagining a CORRUPTED Chris Metzen giving you a good ol' reach-around with those hands.

Should I?

If you have to ask, then yes, you should.

Official Lore: The players were corrupted into attacking Illidan during TBC now you are redeeming yourselves by helping Illidan defeat the legion.

go back to mmo-champion you scum

That sounds retarded enough to be true

No, Illidan was just dicking around thinking what to do about the legion and the adventures were loot grubbing whores who tore down everything in their path.

No, Illidan was just dicking around thinking what to do about the legion and the adventures were loot grubbing whores who tore down everything in their path.

I hope Chromie gets corrupted. It sounds hot.

No its true, its revealed in the Legion Tie in Novel and some quests in Legion.

THIS COULD WORK, BUT THEY WON'T DO IT

Thanks user for clearing my doubts

that doesn't even make sense. if any encounter corrupted the player it would've been Archimonde, Kil'Jeaden or Muru.

Nah man, we are all like corrupted and shiet, it's something we deal with with in our everyday lives, and that is why I am the best writer and still have a job
t.Metzen

You mean the changes that change the feature to what it should have been from the fucking start four years ago?

tell that to metzen

Also Illidan is the chosen warrior of light
If you don't believe me you can always give your shekels to blizzard to read the dumb shit yourself.

amazon.com/Illidan-World-Warcraft-William-King/dp/0399177566

why?

No, it can't be true because it's fucking stupid. The player was literally being led around by the fucking Naaru. A'dal himself told you to go kill Illidan, and fucking Xi'ri is already leading an assault by the time you get there. If anyone is "corrupted" in this scenario, it's the fucking Naaru. The same fucking Naaru who are now trying to pin their own fuck-up on the player.

FUCK NAARU

Because truly you're hype about WoW after they turned it into an extremely streamlined, challengeless snorefest and you'll give us all your shekels for it g-dude!

Isn't Chromie a dude dragon disguised as a girl gnome? How progressive :^)

its true, here let me trigger you some more with a redeemed Varimathras model helping the army of light and Illidan the chosen Child of Light fight the legion.

The most annoying thing about WoW is that say you love how your class plays, its perfect. Guess what, Blizz are pulling it all down and rebuilding it from the ground up! Fucking gives you the shits. No matter what class you are.

You'd think so since its current year, but in actual fact it was just a Blizz fuck up when they made the character like 6 years ago.

This is getting more retarded than sonic fanfiction.

Its this gonna be like the cow level or something? The Cow level ExpansioN?

ignore the greentext

double corruption is redemption DUH

looks like a movil game now

Do you have more pics, Hitler?

faggot

New race of elves. Nightborne elves who were Kangz 'n Shiet. Unlike the High Elve's who drew power from the Sunwell these elves draw power from the Nightwell. SO CREATIVE!!

This is shit tier fanfiction

did they just conveniently forget that there already were nocturnal equivalents of the sunwell?

Isn't that kinda like… the MOON..WELL?

no idea, maybe they'll retcon it so they knew all along but you're not sposed to talk about them or some dumb shit.

datamined models for doubters.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not edgy enough.

Orcs didn't bring people back
Furries didn't bring people back
Now they're trying edge

What a funny idea in retrospect.

What the hell is the difference between a night elf and a nightborne elf? And isn't your pic a night elf cosplaying as a protoss?

it actually did. they just all left the moment they actually had to start playing the game again.

The main difference I'm seeing between DKs and DHs here is that even when Arthas is a DK himself, DKs can use 2h swords or even double weild 1h swords, and those weapons aren't exclusive to DKs. I don't know what kind of weapons DHs will use, but from that screenshot you're basically using Illidan's weapon.

Is like if every DK had his own Frostmourne, and that's retarded. It's Ashbringer all over again. It would be hilarious if those weapons were exclusive to DHs.

Well they always add an alternate race in every expansion.

Remember Taunka? Remember Yaungol? Aren't they just edgier Tauren?

Uh, sure? I don't particularly find Bison or Yak's all that much more edgy than Bull people but hey okay.

Nightborne are carbon copies of Blood Elves but with black skin and a nightwell instead of sunwell. Theres an entire zone dedicated to their story so you can get the full story in game if you want to give blizzard your shekels.

See

I dunno i'd choose a yaungol over a Tauren if I had a choice. More badass

But blood elves are mutated night elves. So, are nightborne elves doublenight elves?

Are they STILL reusing vanilla models? Come the fuck on

don't worry user, they wobble a bit more now so it's totally new.

They are double edgy nightblood elves.

Yes. Wait for the expansion after this, when humans turn out to be double reverse-corrupted anti-nightborne-elves.

Feels bad man

that doesn't even look like a well.

Orc - Draenor Orc - Blackrock Orc - Pale Orc - Fel Orc
Blood Elf - High Elf - New edgier Blood Elf - Fel Blood Elf
Human - Gilnean - Cult of the Damned Human
Gnome - Leper Gnome
Tauren - Yaungol - Taunka
Goblin - Gelbin
Forsaken - Female Ranger Blood Elf Forsaken
Dwarf - Iron Dwarf - Elemental Dwarf - Dark Iron Dwarf

etc etc

Was referring to the weapon, could also be mistaking it for a TBC model but still.

The Burning Legion doesn't use portals anymore they have spaceships.

Be prepared to fight demonic space marines.

I liked them and those iron norsemen so much, they should have added more titan stuff. That zone in Northrend was one of my favourite zones. Damn, I kind of miss the game, and grieve over the direction they took. Still, I'm glad that I gave up before Cataclysm.

Warcraft crosses over with Starcraft
then they cross over with Diablo

Welcome to World of WarStarblo!

Hey guys check out these cool new demon designs which are totally not just some other demons we just added spikes to.

those just look like altered AQ obelisks.

Oh they reuse that whole stuff for the Warrior questline in Legion.

Yeah everything weapon/equipment is still same as the expansion they were in. Painful to look at if you have a Tier 1-3 set. Blocky and blurring

knowing blizzard being lazy they prob are AQ obelisks with different skik slapped over them

CORRUPTION
hey guys you ready to fight the Fel Vykrul?

holy shit the screenshot taken in 1996?

Hey check out this new raid boss. Corrupted Cenarius. Pretty cool right?

It's a screenshot of a live-stream.

Reminder that humans are actually Vrykul manlets and that their king, Ymiron, wanted to genocide them all back in the day

They found their way to the Eastern Kingdoms somehow :^)

Oh fuck no
Fuck off with your fetish Metzen-goblin

I hope we will also meet Mehemmed, Byddha, Ollah, and Jyses.

So Satyr are already corrupted beings, but did you know they can get
DOUBLE CORRUPTED?

there's a quest were you find a note from Vrykul mommies sending their pigmy babies out to see on little baby boats back in wrath. it's fucking retarded.

How deep does this rabbit hole go?

Things are so far gone I'm not even mad its just fucking hilarious now.

We are reaching hack levels we thought werent possible before

but they established earlier that red shit is pollution and not at all fel corruption. also it looks like candy and not threatening at all.

Because he can cancel it later after he's done memeing for daddy's attention

Wait what the fuck.

LEGION PRE-PATCHERU COMING OUT ON THE 19th!!!

Time to redo all your keybinds until it looks like missing teeth parts all over, and the eventual console release announcement!

Behold the Zaku II Metzen Custom

is it really coming that soon? shit was in alpha not even a month ago.

That actually sounds like the normalfag-friendly version of w40k.

And instead of a random w40k pic have this from my /tg/ folder.

please don't ruin superior zeon suits with metzen faggotry

what will metzen think of next

Everything will be corrupted
EVERYTHING

So does that mean this will be canon soon?

Chromie is already corrupted, she's a trapdragon.
look it up, chromie is a dude

Redeemed Sylvanas taking over as leader of the Alliance.

Actually Vol'jin "goes missing" and she takes over the Horde.

Beta released on May, and there is already a PTR build on the legion pre-patch out since june.

Yes but Varian dies and no one wants pussweasel Anduin.

Plus they need to wrap up Sylvanas story and her Valkyr in some way. Plus its crazy enough that Metzen might try it.

Can I ruin ugly Zeon suits?

I'm okay with this.

EVERYONE GETS CORRUPTION

Is this gonna be like Cata where we travel to the future and find all the fucked up faction leaders and kill them?

no, it's all happening in real time.

dunno but in legion Thrall can no longer call the elements. Maybe he got….
CORRUPTED

God damnit. Sylvanas was my favorite character in wc3.
Watching Metzen destroy her character over the years has been painful.

Metzen will never corrupt Thrall, judging by the shitty graphics that resemble one of those SC2 mods i can only guess its a skin for HotS?

legion.wowhead.com/spell=196103/absolute-corruption

and nothing of value was lost

This, thrall is like the only character that wont get corrupted.

I can't be the only one who thought Garrosh was the best leader of the horde…right?

Yeah that model is from HOTS however in Legion he legit cannot call the spirits anymore gotta wait for the expansion to find out more.

So what if they turned her good again?

that faggot cheated in mok'gora hopefully the elements abandoned him…

Is anyone going to buy this? WoD was the last straw for my few WoW playing friends who didn't lose all hope after Cata. What were the subs at before they stopped announcing them (and before a whole year of no fucking content)? 5.5 million? There's no fucking way they're recovering from that unless they undo every change they've made for at least six years now.

I hope we'll have a Dreadlord VN with lots of headpats.

sounds like…
==CORRUPTION==

i have a really bad feeling Metzen will find a way to shoehorn Thrall at the end of expansion where he is granted his shamanistic powers back and he sacrifices himself to seal the portal Burning Legion is using to pour into Azeroth

And knowing Metzen he will prob force some "Spirit Ghost" bullshit where Thrall is allowed to keep his Spirit present in Azeroth to guide other players with his "wisdom" or something similar nonsense

No horde has captured more territory or more victories than Garrosh though.

He was written weirdly. I played 1-60 in Cata, in one zone he's honorable and not crazy bloodthirsty and he seems like a tough but fair guy.

Then you hear how he made the plan to nuke Theramore.

Then you find out he just wants to use Sha to fuck over everyone.

Then he catches a ride on a Bronze dragon he chokes to death to alternate Draenor and wants to fuck the whole world over.

Like it started out okay. But then… CORRUPTION

I'd prefer corruption

hmm where have i heard that before.

This. If they just kept Cata-style Garrosh, he'd be just fine. But god forbid Blizz write him the same way for more than one expansion.

The Zock is a amazing mobile suit and essentially a moving mega particle cannon battery

Nerzhul or Blackhand are my prefered leaders but Garrosh was good too, shame what Metzen did to him in MoP.

I liked the concept of the Burning Blade though, Shame they couldn't make Blademasters a Hero Class. But I guess that'd never happen coz they'd be exclusive to the horde.

With the whole Vol'jin goes missing thing. I'd like to fantasise that he left the horde to rebuild the great troll empire and Trolls become a third faction against the Alliance and Horde.

Garrosh in Cata was fine and it showed his growth and change from TBC through Wotlk to Cata

Then Metzen ruined him because "we needed a big bad guy in MoP and we rolled dice on who it would be"

Blademasters are interesting concept but they got ruined in WoW, they were bloodthirsty killing machines in WC3 and it was clearly said they had no real allegiance but to some extent to their Burning Blade Clan, Grom Hellscream was an exception because he had his Warsong Clan

Sounds like fun user
CAN'T HAVE THAT

i dunno, maybe the alliance can get a variant like… Dark Knight based off Garithos or Mountain King for Dwarves?

you know part of me really hates how faction specific classes went away after just one expansion.

I mean sure I hated playing on the horde and not being a paladin back on nostalrius but that made sense, the paladins were made to fight against the hordes deathknights. having paladins on the horde would be fucking dumb.
I dont know much about shamans because I hate them but they have some cool stuff like being a wolf n shit.

I guess if they really wanted to tthey could just make pandas blade masters so alliance could technically have them but knowing blizzard they would probably just make gnome blademasters or something.

trolls too busy being cannibals to do anything relevant.

Dwarf shamans are essentially already mountain kings. I think the only true equivalent would be allowing paladins to be alliance only again but the ship sailed on that one.

I think this is how Blizz would do it. Remnants of the Burning Blade become uber mercenaries leasing and teaching their skills to whoever could afford and then ALL RACES will be able to play Blademasters.

Warriors have thunderclap, stormbolt and avatar so if anything Warriors are Mountain Kings. They also have Bladestorm despite not being Blademasters.

we can't have different identities between factions anymore. Remember the whole fiasco when horde won the motorcycle event? Alliance cried for a week straight until they let them have the alliance version to buy. Most people playing wow right now want to be a snowflake, g-d forbid we actually show the stark contrasts between the fucking factions.

Everyone must have everything, cant have faction specific classes or hard raids. Even if you are a drooling retard you must be able to experience everything without putting in effort.

but that's LFR user

I just hate the story has become too snowflakey. It doesn't work in an MMO, where Thrall stands there as a line forms up as he tells each of the 1000's in the line that they are the greatest warrior of Azeroth and their deeds will never be forgotten and they are the commander of their very own outpost blah blah.

It just breaks the immersion, if I was the greatest warrior of all time, why am i still collecting bear asses. Shouldn't I have delegated that to a Private like 4 years ago? It's fucking stupid.

Garrisons

he's got a point.

Except Garrisons have cool shit, like I sent my guys to break into Blingtrons vault. Thats fucking cool. I can't do that.

What am I doing? Oh I have to be down on the ground with the other 100's of grunts beating up guys in Tanaan because our own army can't hack it.

You sure you like wow? No one liked garrisons bro…and I don't think I've ever seen someone call it cool.

Are you being ironic or just an stupid commie?

Wasn't that the panda one?

He's being the average wow forum poster.

I think he's being sarcastic

you're the first to notice it..don't worry i'm a niganon jews don't allow me in their religion

No I mean Breaking into Blingtrons vault, that sounds like a fun mission to actually play as a character. Nope, I'm sending the grunts to do that work.

Meanwhile I, Commander of the forces in the zone, have been called in to fight with the grunts on the ground in Tanaan, collecting teeth and crystals and goat balls. No directing troops, no training recruits, no parlay with other field commanders. Nope back to collecting bear butts.

Either I'm the greatest Warrior in Azeroth, Commander of the Zone outpost, or I'm just another mercenary grunt, I'm not both. PICK ONE.

oh right, you might like the Order Halls i guess…

You should get yourself checked for autism, because he is clearly sarcastic. The devs wanted everybody to experience everything, and apparently that led to the downfall of the game, among other things.

Blade Master Mountain King
Warlock Necromancer
Witch Doctor Priest
Death Knight Paladin
Shaman Druid
Headhunter Ranger

You could even make them play in a similar way, like, 95% shared abilities / equipment / talents, but diversify it with that last 5%

well technically speaking there's there's a hero of azeroth for every spec of class in wow canon wise…so like 33 soon to be 35 people are the heroes of azeroth..the rest of us are grunts.

Not really because being a special snowflake doesn't work in MMO's. It's a singleplayer thing, it works in singleplayer because your power level and effect on the world in infinite. In an MMO, the best you can be is a reknowned mercenary grunt.

no one cares about lore or characters in wow after wraith the only reason i'm playing next epac is because i'm with a guild and wew gonna pub raid and if that turns shit were going to go play something else

Yeah it worked for Lineage 2, don't see why it couldn't work in WoW since they got racials.

yeah i dislike the special snowflake shit even in singleplayer games.

other than that I like it user.

The Zandalari tried that 2 expansions in a row (Cata & MoP) and they failed miserably at it. Now, all they have is a sinking island.

Plus, Vol'jin is too loyal to the Horde to secede. Even when Garrosh was in full Orc supremacy mode, he stayed.

All this massive shilling and criclejerking. you wont fucking sell to me.

Eh, you will always have some bad apples.
and if blizzard wasn't a shit def they would make use of that and make something truly amazing

lol did you even read any of the posts? We're doing the opposite of shilling.

Most of the posts were taking shit about the lore of the game claiming it to be edgelord fan fiction tier garbage.

Ohh and in Dreanor he's so incompetent! Like why did you start invasion to azzeroth before you have defeated enemy's on home front!

I wonder when this faggot will make an appearance in the game.

wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Med'an

see

some info available on this jewtube video as well. Its some guy playing through the quests.
youtube.com/watch?v=UrfTTV2K5g8

To suck a dying Thrall's dick so he can become the true green jesus

He seems to have been intentionally forgotten. Don't think he's ever been even mentioned in-game. Closest you get is Vindicator Maraad showing up, and I think he died at AU Shattrath, and MU Garona making a prolonged appearance in the Twilight Highlands Horde quests.

So glad he has yet to appear. He shouldn't either. Fucking green mary sue.

When they gonna bring back muh husbando Wrathion?

he's retconned out his comic's are officially non canon

The new lore is retarded. This is more autistic than Sonic fanfiction.

Well, supposedly, during MoP, he was trying to unify Azeroth to fight the coming Legion invasion.

Now that said invasion is about to begin, he should make an appearance. Maybe he'll handle the expansion's legendary trinket/whatever questline, unless the dumbass artifact weapons take over that role.

he doesnt have any real goals or ideology, devs said during interview they created him to be anti-hero NPC that moves the plot forward without retconing existing important NPCs to fit that role

I remember when fans got mad that they made Illidan a raid boss because loot. Now it looks that they are making his character worse by making him purple jesus to go with green jesus.

only people who got mad over that were Illidan fanboys like this pic shows

He was dead in WC3 and shouldnt even be in TBC but Metzen shoehorned him because they needed some bait for new players to buy the expansion and what better bait there is from an edgy half-elf half-demon guy who clenches a skull and yells "YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!"

It would be cancer.

Fuck. BC really was the start of the downfall and bringing characters back to life…

And they also had us time travel and fight archimonde. Not to mention the "it was merely a setback" jaeden

Bringing him back isn't the same as making him purple jesus and child of light.

He wasn't killed in WC3. Where are you getting that from?

I don't remember him dying….Nigga got imprisoned iirc

He was meant to ded.

remember Muradin? He is alive too!

And all those others characters that died like Cenarius and such are back because coke is hell of a drug

end of TFT he duels with Arthas and Arthas rip his chest and leaves him to bleed to death, Frostmourne steals souls on contact with flesh so you figure out if he is alive after that. (HINT: Arthas wouldnt turn his back on someone like Illidan who is injured)

Illidan fights Arthas at the end of TFT, and loses.The last you see of him, he's lying on the snow, bleeding, as is seen in

when did that ever stop them?

game of thrones rule.

does that mean retconing Muradin's death and other deaths is all fake?

How embarrassing it must be to work for actiblizz right now.

Devs already said at the time that illidan was alive and that they didnt have the budget to show it.

Chromie is a chick. Her poke dialog in hots confirms this.

I guess framing the shot differently so his body could be shown crawling away as Arthas walked to the Frozen Throne's entrance was too expensive.

Actually, illidan ran to exile to Draenor (Outlands) after failing to destroy the Lich King, in fear of being punished by Kil'jaeden who ordered him to kill him. the scourge were out of the burning legion's control and he bribed illidan with the skull of gul'dan for power. He didn't keep his end of the bargain so he fled to Draenor with his loyal servants who also had ulterior motives in outlands. The scourge were his enemies either way, since Illidan hated the legion and the scourge, both the same enemy of azeroth for him

What was shoehorned is the fact that the heroes of WoW decided to go to outlands and beat Illidan up, who is doing nothing and just chilling in Draenor. Although true that he is opressing the remaining life on draenor, both in zangarmarsh (lady vashj), abusing its landscape (netherstorm, Kael'thas), and even having his own rogue demons under his command, Illidan wasn't the reason why heroes of WoW went to outlands but rather a "hes there so lets beat him anyway" kind of deal. The reason they went in there was because of the Fel Horde in outland growing stronger from sucking captive mannoroth's blood and their rising numbers and conquest. Illidan was just a side-tour to beat.

Kil'jaeden making his move on the sunwell is completely aside of illidan's plan, and he only made his move because Kael'thas helped him to gain access to the sunwell, when Kael'thas went rogue/decided the netherstorm arcane power was taken and his plans demolished so he went for Fel.

TLDR: Illidan was just chilling in Outlands, he did nothing wrong and was shoe-horned by Metzen.

lol what?

Budget for WC3 that requires 1 person to add a cutscene where Illidan is limping away alive?

you don't really think blizzard was planning that all along do you? they saw that the competition was doing it and copied it like everything else they do.

and, if anything, intruding on illidan set Kael'thas to ally with Kil'jaeden, endangering azeroth by a negative externality of siding kael'thas with kil'jaeden.

See
And we went to outlands because Kazak found a staff or some shit and phoned home

user, if you don't know what you're talking about, just say so.

It's the fucking worst since WoW trips my nostalgia harder than any game I've ever played.

When did that ever stop Metzen from fucking characters up? fucking retards.

Thats the new retconned lore and new retconned Legion lore states Illidan is child of light and shadow destined to end Burning Legion and defeat Void Lords

and I bet they won't even mention the fact it was the Naaru who wanted him dead in the first place.

Whether you hit my credibility with side info is tertiary, the point still stands. Illidan was alive after his fight with Arthas. This wasn't a retcon made for BC. He was already alive after that. You can see it in the WC3 game itself. He was spared.

We don't talk about b(l)izzar(d)o wow seriously

Tyrande busted him from prison in WC3.
He grabbed the skull of Gul'dan for a power-up and teamed up with the Naga who then recruited Kael'thas.
He gets his ass handed to him by Arthas at the end of Frozen Throne and he fucks off to Outland to recover and build his army.
In TBC he and his army gets their asses kicked by adventurers and gets tossed back in prison.

No, it doesn't. It took Arthas' soul on contact because the price for wielding it is your soul. Once it has a wielder it can only take the souls of those killed by it. Further more, it can't take the soul of a Legion demon because Kil'Jaeden isn't stupid enough to give a pawn a weapon it could use to overthrow it's masters with.

it does, even Tichondrius mentions it and Dreadlords built the sword in the first place

Holy shit, the absolute madmen!

Supposedly the burning legion went into Karazhan for the staff, hence Karazhan is first raid of BC

Kazak found the staff of medivh. It was used to re-open the portal. That's why they removed atiesh as a legendary item in Vanilla, because supposedly Kazak obtains it.

But yes , its a shit shoe-horned excuse. How the FUCK did Kazak find it? why was he looking for it? ((who)) is responsible?

It's a shit, plot-hole ridden mess of a story. If you think about it, Burning crusade is all over the place with its story. It's all "oh look they have trouble lets help him" "it appears the boss is Vashj, who happens to be an underling of illidan, so lets beat him up too"

People seem to forget about how shit BC's lore was.

The entire fight was meant to be part of the final CGI cutscene and it would show illidan seeing arthas transform into the witch king.

They ran out of budget and they had to do the fight in the WC3 engine.

The transmog changes are literally the only good thing about this expac so far.

???????

As of the Arthas novel, which is just as canon as the information presented in the games according to Blizzard, the sword can only take the souls of those killed by it.

What kind of rumors was it?

Illidan fanboy pls

That the big bad guys orchestrating everything to summon their god has been making you swole as fuck all this time to make a copy of "the warrior of light" to make their own "warriors of darkness". A dungeon released in the expansion had a boss fight where after you fight it the machine mentions that the "subject", you, exceeded expectations and that mass replication or some shit like that is good to go. That line seemed like it came out of nowhere until the end of the expac's storyline that showed off these warriors of darkness.

her ending with the MC was good

At least Burning Crusade had well designed dungeons and actually had content unlike Warlords of Draenor.

Someone ought to be a version of that "double nigger" Sonic image with "Double Nelf."

Reminds me of that "Detroit at 100% nigger" image with the flying pyramids.

Anyhow, is that even Azeroth or Dreanor anymore? Seriously though, why use spaceships if you can just warp around via portals? Unless they want to take a base of operations with them rather than build one themselves when they arrive, I suppose.

Not to excuse shit writing, but weren't the Blood Elves already technically corrupted in a way due to their magical addiction, with the Felbloods just taking it a step further in feeding on outright fel energy, or something?

Still, at least they didn't look as retarded as some of these "let's just toss an assload of red crystals on something" corrupted [X] models.

Weren't the Nathrezim always evil, to the point that the level of evil they were astounded Sargeras? How the fuck do you wind up with one just going "lol now I'm a good guy who wields holy energies"?

I meant that old edited Sonic image with Eggman shouting "Just take it and go you, you… DOUBLE NIGGER!" at a robot.

Really this trainwreck of a storyline is hilarious.

High Elves - addicts to Sunwell

Blood Elves before Kael leaved Azeroth in Dalaran - recovering addicts with post-addiction effects

Blood Elves after Kael leaved Azeroth through portal in Dalaran - same as High Elves only stronger because demonic energy is infinite and stronger

Fel Blood Elves are same as Fel Orcs - they are directly taking demonic blood into themselves, Orc grow spikes on their backs, arms and face while Blood Elves just spout some retarded black wings and some minor changes

Oh, right. Been a while since I played. Double corruption like they seem to be doing with the satyr is retarded though, especially if it's from the same source (I could at least maybe understand demonic corruption and Old God corruption stacking and having a mixture of effects).

the spaceship thing is extra stupid because it completely destroys the the tension of the war of the ancients when you consider all that CORRUPTION was pointless when Sargeras could've just flown there. and I don't want to hear the "maybe they didn't have ships yet!" excuse because that was after the Draenei had already left Argus on their spaceships.

In highschool I wrote a short story that seemed silly, so I made it even sillier (this was quite some time ago mind you) and it eventually culminated in a story that had psychic cyborgs, flying nuclear robots, nano robot zombies, and Russians who could make things explode into flames. It was as silly as it sounds.

I feel like the writing in WoW has turned into that, except instead of trying to be silly, they are doing it but seriously. They are playing it straight. Their writing is on-par with a teenager trying to write a plot as asinine as possible.

the worst thing about Blizzard writing is that you can't call it out because people think the peppered in popculture references allows the whole thing to be retarded. they don't understand that the garbage plot and the forced humor are both symptoms of the fact that Blizzard writers are out of touch and trying too hard to stay relevant.

Yeah, I mean, the Dreanei had them, what, 25,000 years prior when they first left? I doubt that demon tech would seriously be that much less advanced considering how long the Legion's been around, unless they're got imps or felstalkers or something doing their tech development and thus being more reliant on magic to go places.

Still no reason for the demons to need spaceships in the first place if they can just hop world to world via portal or something.

Prepatch confirmed on 19th my nigga

us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/20176410/the-legion-pre-expansion-patch-arrives-july-19-7-15-2016

tuesday will be fun.

Eh, I lost interest by the end of WotLK and have never been back. Activision have done nothing to show me this will be less casual than every other expansion since them.

I'm sick of this meme.

TFT was rushed. The cinematic unfinished. Open up the map editor, and look for the sound files for it. There are extra lines at the end that never got used in the final. Arthas never killed Illidan. He banished him to Outland to live with his failure.

legion will be objectively better than WoD, simply because they're removing multi strike and removing all dead times in rotation.

user, he tells Illidan to leave BEFORE they fight.

youtube.com/watch?v=AOu2ITDM404&t=2h25m54s

Their fight happens after that mission.

mediafire.com/download/7jww69n4b6rm876/L08Arthas39.mp3

Not downloading that.
But, alas, if only the game was released at a time when they could patch it to add that content…

WoW was a mistake.

If this weren't so hilarious, it would be depressing.
Good thing I quit years ago.

You're not Zack Ryder

I wonder if they're making corrupted versions of NPCs to fuck with dataminers?

Like Metzen was so mad at the whole "corrupting the corrupter" meme that he ordered the art department to make 3d models of corrupted major characters with money out of his personal coke fund.

I think Chris is trying to tell us something.

While I'd like to see Lor'themar lead the Horde, his political pull is very small. He has a history of being bullied by Sylvanas, very few standing forces, and recently tried to leave the Horde. He did manage to prevent the whole Dalaran debacle in MoP from escalating further. Overall, he's been a fantastic leader to the Blood Elves, but I'm not sure it'd translate well to being Warchief.

Really is a shame that Saurfang doesn't step up to the plate.

Fucking WoW.

Weak, user.

I like how blizzdrones complain about "casualization of WoW" when it was always the most casual MMO on the market.

Point being that it was already a casual MMO, and that any further casualization was unnecessary overkill and is what led to the game's decline.

reminds me of those wc3 roleplay maps where you could attach illidans wings and horns to anybody to make an instant demon

well if you ask everquest veterans im sure they think the game went overkill on the casual in the first place.
but you have to do a little casualization to try new things out. maybe? im having trouble thinking of an example though

wew

So when will we have to help the Legion fight against the Zerg swarm and Xel'Naga?

Burning Crusade had the WORST lore of any of the expacks up until Borelords of Orcnore. The problem was that there was multiple writers that were hired on that knew nothing about warcraft. They got Illidan confused with Kil jaden and wrote him as such. Kael suffered the same fate and was quickly rewritten. the rewrites for him still sucked

If not this expansion then the next for sure. They wouldn't start talking about all the shit they did in Chronicle if they didn't plan to make use of it soon.

Go be jewish somewhere else.

might as well be a wow thread no?

Nah Starcraft is dead and gone. WoW will go into space for sure though.

i guess its a good way of writing literally whatever they want. However it'll just be more CORRUPTION

reading that was great

Vanilla to BC had classes with 1 button rotations, some specs and classes were so shit they weren't even raid viable. Is that supposed to be hardcore?

There are only a handful of differences between old WoW and new WoW in terms of casual-ness

1. LFR/LFD/Custom Group Finder
2. Standard minimum 3 button rotation for all classes and specs.
3. No more throttling of DPS/Heals to control threat
4. No more Resist Gear farming
5. No more Attunement Fights/Questlines
6. No more 3 item boss drops for 25+ players
7. Expansion Gear Resets

You should also add simplified talent trees to that list.

8. 3 times as less stats
9. You can play your spec like a gibbering idiot and not pull down the raid
10. Professions hold no more weight

Now, somethings can make the game better (more loot drops, tho don't go more than 5 on a raid boss or 2 on a dungeon boss) but 1, 3, 5 and if you want to pretend to be a hardcore sock shitter, 4, were all key parts that made the game what it was. And because of that it was something that got noticed.

it's called mortal coil nowadays

MMOs have always been about "who has the most free time"

Don't delude yourself son

I don't think you understood what he meant by that.

Currently WoD has Strength, Intellect, Stamina, Agility, Crit, Haste, Mastery, Versatility, Bonus Armor, Spirit, Multistrike, Leech
AFKing in AQ
I'll give you that

So every hardcore player should be in WildStar or Black Desert right? All those 12 million WoW players should be there, and the games should be the biggest things ever. Why not?

Y-you haven't seen the legion stats, have you?
Yeah, and you will have a fat repair bill if you wait too long and don't clear trash with the rest of the raid

Illidan can kill Titans.

Discuss.

I think it took them another expansion to completely homogenize Priests too. Shit was gay as fuck.

Nigger, have you ever played Ultima or Ragnarok Online? WoW in all its forms are casual as fuck.

Whats your point? I was talking about the fact people think WoW is casualized, when really its just about the same, which is already casual.

The hardcore aspects were defensive rotations not to get killed, moving around, and knowing enough about gearing and gameplay mechanics not to be a pile of fail. But yes, wow has always been casual as fuck unless you were into PvP, which is where WoW got interesting.

That said, I don't believe button rotations make the game much better. If your ability rotations ultimately amount to you playing with yourself, that doesn't particularly make the game better. I preferred mabinogi's combat where you had to carefully vary your abilities to your opponents' actions to not get skullfucked in short order.

Obligatory on every WoW thread. Also, Legion's looking ogre as fuck, hope this finally kills that trainwreck.

professions only started to get fatter with the stat bonuses from wrath to MoP in order to encourage more people to do them anyway.

You are saying its not that now? You do know there are groups that still wipe on LFR. FUCKING LFR. And thats aside from the regular Raid wiping from standing in fire, not picking up adds, pulling the wrong mobs, mistiming tank switches, Healers blowing cooldowns before high dmg phases etc etc etc.

Only difference gear wise is that now, you have WoW tracking your ilvl so you dont fuck up by going into a dungeon with shit gear.

But still there are hunters wearing cloth gear and do one button rotations.

Nothings changed.

Hunter was a god damn organ class because you needed 9 million macros and buttons to stand out from the other Huntards; even back then, Hunters got dicked over with groups until raid finder came out.

You didnt need macros, its called skill ceiling

Certain attacks/spells reset your swing timer and if you fuck up your rotation your dps suffers for it, thats how you separate huntards from Hunters, same shit with other classes that had swing timer reset abilities like warrior and paladins

Rogues didnt had this mechanic because rogue creator was this retarded moron (pic related) which is main reason why rogue class has been braindead easy to play while being overpowered in each expansion

Hunters have high skill ceiling, warriors have medium skill ceiling and rogues have low skill ceiling (it shouldnt be called ceiling at all considering how low it is)

A floor?

i misread your intention, i thought you meant, vanilla wow was so hardcore since you only had 1 button to press.

triggered

SO YOU WUZ SAYIN'
*casts shadowbolt over and over*
WE WUZ
*if other warlocks are in the party he uses curse of agony*
HARDCORE AN' SHIEEEEET?
*never gives dark intent to those who rival his dps*

warlocks were shit in vanilla they only got decent after the spell power patch was added and people figured hybrid Sacrifice demon specs were much better than full specs

Mages on the other hand were stupid OP and after spell power patch became even more OP

For shits and giggles, let's list everything that wow did right over the years

Okay I'm out of ideas, fuck.

Yeah but warlocks were always the cool kids. Right? R-right?!

But that's WoW…

Wow, neat, they finally figured out how to do what RIFT did years ago. Maybe one day they'll decipher FFXIV's mysteries on how to make a decent game.

Just as shit.

nah man, FFXIV actually has content and stuff to do. its way better than modern wow.

While it is still caualized as fuck, it at least it has stuff to do and doesn't run on an outdated engine.

Absolutely not. Call it average, call it garbage, call it whatever you want, it will never be as fucking awful as World of Warcraft.

I wonder what retarded bullshit Blizzard will come up next.

FF14 is far better than current WoW. For one it's actual MMO with constant content updates. Something WoW can't really claim anymore.

And better GRAFIX.

I mean, sure gameplay trumps all, but even if it was "just as bad" at gameplay that would still be enough to end up on the side of being better then WoW sicne hey, at least you can see sparklies doing your one button rotation.

but can he kill Madara Uchiha?

I'd rather play current WoW.

The grind isn't stupid.

you're stupid

I play FFXIV Exclusively for the crafting. Once I capped out, I dropped the game. I just can't play since I wasn't there at the start.

Illidan should have stayed dead.

LEGION BLOWS CHUNKS. CANCELLED MY ORDER.

and they were hyping up little multiclass beastboy lookalike to be the super end all good guy and look how that turned out. the game's written by schizos.

Ok its already bad enough that all the bosses seem to be old characters but just corrupted, but why are they all RED? I recall GREEN being the color of the Burning Legion.

To imply super corruption kinda like how there are green orcs and red orcs.

I guess but Fel orcs aren't bright red. Their skin is just red. These new "corrupted" mobs are GLOWING red.

I think all you need to know about priorities at blizzard is comparing the number of times major updates/reworks/extensions of raid mechanics and UI elements have been updated to the number of times social elements of the game have been improved.

For gods sake, WoW still uses / commands for emotes.

But who needs things like updated crafting, exploration and alternate advancement when you can spend months of development time on a boss that will be viable content for… well back in the day for about 4 months, but they stretch those raids out to a full year now don't they?

The joke's on you:
The titans died thousands of years ago
Turns out that Sargeras killed them all back when he rebelled against them
Legion rapes the lore in so many ways it's not even funny anymore.

There's a moose variant of Tauren? But meese are nowhere near related to cattle.