Plug & Play NES - Nintendo Classic Mini

nichegamer.com/2016/07/14/nintendo-releasing-plug-play-mini-nes-console/
Archive (just in case): archive.is/3GGtR
nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Classic-Mini/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1124287.html
Archive: archive.is/ukUqO

Looks like it's running the Virtual Console. They might make their money back, I doubt much went into making these.
Really solid collection of games, Final Fantasy stands out especially, but anyone with that kind of taste would be playing on an emulator already.

Since when did Nintendo acknowledge StarTropics?

Cool, here's hoping they do a Super Nintendo one as well at some point. I like the move of having the controller ports the same as the classic control.

theres a torrent with NES,SNES and GBA entire library. Only hipsters gonna buy this crap

There's already a thread about this.

Consensus is: Buy one, gut it, chuck in a Raspberry Pi, enjoy all NES games forever in a cool case.

Holy fuck what if they have mini NES cartridges

What the fuck? I didn't see that.
I'll chuck in a report and see what the mods want to do with it. Thanks.

It is one of my favorite classical franchises. He will come back at some point right? Konami won't sit on the IP forever right ;_;?

Where's the other thread? I don't see anything in the catalog besides this one.

Here:
Thread didn't have a title and was pretty low down the catalog. It's pretty easy to miss.

i wonder if i hack this "console"
the only thing offputting is that it only has a hdmi port

Other thread's also well past bump-limit and on second-to-last page of catalog, I don't think it's an issue when the other one's already tumbling down to be shitcanned.

Its literally a plug-n-play with an HDMI(why? what the fuck is this going to add to retro games again?). We had a ton of these things in like 2003/4. I also see no word on if it has an actual slot for carts or not.

Why are they bothering with this?

I already have a full romset somebody else posted last thread on my PSP with Fceumm or NesterJ.
60 bucks for a plug&play only because it has Nintendos logo on it? How fucking low has Nintendo fallen?.

Why only 30 games? They could put their ENTIRE CATALOGUE in there with less than a gig of space.

Licensing issues, idiot.

30 games is still a pretty low number when you can pirate. Might, might pluck one up if you can mod it and have upto gba games would be sweet

You can buy a GBA and a flash cart for it for about $60 user

I would have thought even normalfags would know about emulation by now.

At least some of them do. GBA emulators on Android are quite popular among them.

Why the hell would you do that when you can just play the entire library on your PC with a decent controller

Compared to choosing your own controller that actually fits adult hands comfortably and playing the games on a larger screen without straining your eyes? No contest.

You are fucking retarded and it's not my fault that you are a fatass with hands the size of a baseball glove.

Is there a reason you are being so unpleasant?

Tch… pshht. You…kiddo

You are an autist clinging to his childhood with absurdities like claiming the original GBA hardware is not only worth spending money on but superior to playing the game on superior hardware, for free.

I don't know whether to laugh at how shitty this is, or cry because I know normalfags are going to eat it up.

I don't think I'm particularly happy about this. These plug-n-play consoles are usually incredibly shitty emulators with equally janky hardware and controllers.

owning GBA, NES and SNES hardware is just a memorabilia at this point. Theres no point playing it on the original hardware when an emulator can do it perfectly. You dont even need a top of the line PC for it.

Why would anyone get this over a Raspberry pi? other than being a computer illiterate nintendobabby

emulators aren't better than the original hardware, but they are an acceptable alternative.

I wouldn't care in a post or something, but some faggot actually made a video where those were the only words, and he couldn't even proofread that much.

Not all emulator but for an old game like GBA and SNES, emulator can run them flawlessly and you got an entire library for free

emulators can run them acceptably, but not flawlessly. Better solutions are original hardware with with back up loading solutions, such as flash carts, burned discs, flash readers/usb storage or internal storage reading.

Nah. If you absolutely have to, just get a pi and you can load it up with everything anyway.
On that, what are the good non-sjw pi alternatives?

a wii or original xbox is far better than a raspberry pi.

wii u will hopefully become a good alternative soon.

emulators are more comfortable. authenticity is nice but secondary. im not playing old games for the experience of playing an old game, but to play a good game.

I'm interested in playing good games as the developers intended. Emulators are great, and a fantastic alternative, but there are cheaper solutions for people who desire accuracy and faithfulness. There are benefits to emulation, but I will always prefer the original hardware.

well then may your old systems and games last well into your great grandchildrens lives and finally end up in a futuristic museum that maintains them in a playable state for vidya enthusiasts in the future to experience.

by cheaper I meant on the cheaper end of solutions, emulation is practical and in that sense it is cheaper than my solution. My solution is inexpensive however.

wrong.

it hurts me too user

fuck off newfag

care to give examples?

i ran in to some issues with the sound in mario rpg on zsnes. i know youre always telling me to use something else but i like the ui.

I hope they do one for Snes and N64

Not everyone has a well preserved original hardware. Even well kept original hardware can just die for various reasons. I took care of my Sega CD attachment, but the cd drive died on that thing. It's consumer grade electronics, some are ok to very decent and long lived, but it's still consumer grade electronics in the end.

In some cases it's down to circuit level accuracy as the next step, which does indeed matter, although even my interest in that level of accuracy is absent. No emulator is that accurate but the ones we have now that aim to be accurate for the NES and SNES are indeed emulating the hardware of the system appropriately and produce very desirable results.

I think these are good, and use these types of emulators myself, but the more recent you go, the less adequate the solutions are. Dolphin may be excellent, but the original hardware is far more desirable than a piece of software that relies on hacks to get the games running as well as they do. Although PCSX2 is far worse for these kinds of things.

The original hardware with the original controllers is the ideal. If you can, on a good display or with a framemeister too, but this is where the cost starts to increase.

preservation is a problem too, but I think repairs are actually pretty feasible a lot of the time.

Almost any NES emulator aside from Nestopia.
Any N64 emulator.
Zsnes

the japanese merchant finally put their plan to cash on nostalgia into overdrive

I thought they already did with that smartphone application.

how many times has this been?

This is something that has literally been done for a decade, even more but on a shittier scale with a nicer looking box. The worst part is, retards will eat this up

Would be good to have a list of which consoles are considered easier and harder to repair. Cartridge based vs Disc based, fan vs fanless, proprietary memory cards vs more universal standard. Fuck mang, one of these days I kinda want to build a fanless emulation box. Doesn't need to be super fancy, I'd be happy if I can do a fanless, integrated graphics emu toaster that can play up to PS1 games. INB4 Pi based because I'd really rather not give money to them.

Easiest one would be the SNES. It even had a repair kit back in the day.

Since the sub-c was recovered from that whale

Interesting line up of games, looks like some thought went into it. Also considering that a Classic Controller could be hooked up, couldn't a Wii Nunchuck be plugged in?

Happy to see Urban Champion isn't there.

Though I think Ice Hockey should have made in it, possibly substituting for DK JR. After the original DK does there really need to be another single screen platformer included with 3-4 repeating levels?

Any other opinions on what games they should've put in or not?

I bought this in the early 00's. It had 60 NES games (and only like 5 of them were clones). These days I can play the entire NES library on my PC, hooked up to my TV, with my choice of controller.

I think they should've put TMNT 3 and the original Contra too. Sad to see that no Sunsoft games made it there like Batman, Journey to Silius and especially NO BLASTER MASTER.

I won't lie, I'll probably buy it to use with my CRT TV. I enjoy emulating games from the PS2 period for the graphics and fps adjustments, but SNES/N64 and older I prefer on my TV and with the proper controller.

That said, maybe I should go with the Raspberry route and order a third Pi 2 model B..

MY NIGGA

It's a brilliant scheme

Nintendo is a master at reselling old shit back to people. Just look at Pokemon GO and how it's taken the world by storm and made millions selling virtual pokeballs and shit.

It doesn't matter what you do, there are kikes behind almost every company

Wait, how do you hook it up to a CRT? This thing only has HDMI. I realize you can convert that to the right format to plug into into a CRT, but wouldnt you just be losing image quality converting anyway?

user…

CRTs with HDMI were made…

I'm drowning in various converters at work. I can hook up HDMI systems to the TV with fairly minimal loss.

Wait… Why use this as just an emulator? Why not remake some of the actual hardware used in the NES? Hell, why not add a port to let people play old NES carts as well?

It's cheaper this way.

Never seen one before, wasnt sure those existed.

Ah ok, well have fun then.

I guess they want all of the games playable in sharp HD quality.

the whole "emulators aren't authentic" response is cute because this thing is a fucking emulator.

Nintendo is insanely autistic about Virtual Console emulation quality, it's one of the reasons games come out on it at such a trickle.

These mini-consoles seem to be popular enough, Sega's been selling them for years, and it's better than trying to get people to spend hundreds of dollars on a console to play ancient games.

Though I bet a lot of those games are NOT going to hold up very well, especially since everyone's used to games that hold their hand.

If they finally have Star Fox/Starwing, I'm getting one.

Is it even actual hardware or just another emulator box?

Official emulators tend to be good enough you wouldn't know it's an emulator

I see that in fact, they chose poorly. There's enough of these pre-loaded boxes. Fuck off, nips.

Official emulators are usually great. Look at the PS1 emulator on the PSP or the VC games on Wii U

Why would I want that when VBA let's me accelerate games past long grinds, load multiple save states, and play hacked ROMs?

Save states are for plebs

Also with a flash card you can play hacked roms on original hardware. This isna well known fact.

Didn't know that having your time wasted was patrician.

Guess that makes XCOM 2 a truly patrician game.

Virtual Console games merely run on an emulator and not even an accurate one at that. Some random emulator that runs within retroarch + shaders is going to blow Nintendo's way out of the water in terms of quality.

Even N64, the one place where Nintendo's emulation was ahead of ours is soon going to look like a joke because of the new emulators we are getting for that system. VCN64 still has buncha missing effects and timing issues.

I repeat myself, state saving is cheating

If they could do this in form of USB/HDMI stick, with bluetooth (for pads), NES/SNES/N64/GC/GB/GBA games compatible, I would go for this, but this is just shit, I can emulate myself with PC stick in TV. So, no.

Useful for skipping annoying pre bossfight cutscenes.

That's what a lot of people aren't accounting for; they're not making this for people that are capable or willing to go to those lengths. This product is either for computer illiterate people, or lazy bastards.

Have you ever worked in a deli before? People pay $60 to get a sandwich tray that costs a fraction of the price to make, and they take it with a fucking smile. People are fucking stupid.

just how valuable is your time in american dollars?

Guess nintendobabies will do anything except learning emulation.

Just get a Raspberry Pi or some other Single Board Computer with Lakka if you want to play on your couch.

Because HDMI is the new standard for AV, you're supposed to keep up with the standards if you want your shit to work on modern devices.

who the hell wears headphones in public? Earbuds are okay and look good but headphones?

earbuds are for fags

If you look like one sure

This is the perfect "baby's first console". And I mean that literally. I will be buying one for my son when he turns three or four.

Soldering is baby town, but how the hell would you build a CPU that could run even the most basic OS? Shit requires precise expensive industrial grade machinery and knowledge to match

Not really, you need only a silicon board, basic electronics and chips for basic but too big to draw on a silicon board stuff.

And the home equipment for working the silicon.

This.

Being fit is fucking great you fags should try it sometime.

all lies all you need is a soldering iron and a clock

I'm working on it user.

yeah it's great being able to wear quality headphones instead of shitty apple buds in public

But getting /fit/ would slowly turn me into a normalfag.

I'm sure they'll release a pachinko soon :^)

Not really, it would just give you more power over normalfags because you take the one thing they hold over you.

People have made their own 4 bit processors. its the size of a full size ATX case.

go back to cuckchan

Original NES hardware can output clean visuals once RGB modded. I'm hoping this is actual hardware and not just another droid based emulator, as that's the only thing that would actually make it worth a damn. Mind you I still won't buy one as I'm quite happy with my RGB modded NES and Everdrive.

Good goy, you have the original NES games and you have bought them again and again on Wii, 3DS and Wii U. Now buy them again!

you expect me to believe some goober with huge ass sennheisers is going to get chicks?

you have to go back

Seems like nobody is asking this question still.

Will the games be upscaled for HDMI? If so, instant buy. Even better if the USB port it uses can carry data, meaning potential software modding

bilinear scaling, which means it will look like crap

Nintendo is getting so very cheap in their old age.

why bother

but have you got any? And before you answer that, remember where you're at :^)

Bullshit, post one.

Post yfw people will actually buy this

That's super gay, user.

That's apparently common practice in Japan, since they want to cut down on waste and everyone is assumed to already have enough plugs. (Or they sell the plugs separately right next to it)

The USA version will probably come with an AC adaptor.

People will get mad over Nintendo doing literally anything these days.

Probably not, I know my new3dsxl didn't come with one.

If those controllers for it are compatible with Wiimote plugs, I bet a fair few people will buy it just for a genuine NES Classic Controller.

I'm holding out for a SNES version myself. I want my goddamn Starwing.

Yeah, but you need to get an RGB modded console and a fucking $300+ framemeister to get those to look decent on a modern TV, or hunt down a CRT to play in sub-SD resolution.

You don't need a Framemeister if you have an RGB compatible CRT, you only need the Framemeister if you plan to hook up to a modern display.

Anyway, I never said everyone should go out and get RGB modded NESes, I was saying that I hope Nintendo uses the original hardware because they can get a clean signal out of it and then convert that to HD within the box instead of just slapping an andriod system in there. It's really all quite simple, though a bit more expensive than the droid route so I have little faith that's what is happening.

Oh, and one more thing: a framemeister doesn't get games looking "decent" on a modern TV, a framemeister makes old games look beautiful and flawless on a modern TV. Razor sharp graphics are the norm from a framemeister, it's all the visuals of a nice emulator only it's coming from pure original hardware. Worth every penny I spent.

Actually do wonder if it'd be profitable, feasible and/or likely to make a miniature version of the NES hardware to run NES games.

Unless it was equally or easier than just using off the shelf hardware and an emulator, I doubt it, and 90% of their customers wouldn't notice the difference anyway.

Those Famicom clones being sold for 10 off ebay say yes.

It's possible, the old NES chips were massive relics from the 80's, they could probably pretty easily shrink the chipset and boards down with modern techniques to make it fit in that mini-nes shell.

But as you said: 90% of customers won't know the difference at all so they probably won't do it. That said if they did it modders would very quickly figure out a way to hook in an NES slot like they did with the Atari Flashback (which is exactly what we're talking about, original hardware shrunk down).

Huh, if Atari did it, you never know. And Nintendo's done backwards compatibility the easy way like that before, the Wii and Wii U pretty much just have the previous console's hardware built in. (as did the launch PS3)

Theoretically, it'd save them a lot of time and effort in testing and such too; if you make sure the hardware runs exactly the same, the software should too. But I don't know how easier it would be in comparison to just use modern off-the-shelf hardware and emulate it. And they'd have to do testing of every game either way.

You can just design a chip that behaves the same, it takes some engineering work but it's definitely possible and production would be cheap.

Well, the reason why I prefer emulation to the original gba is because I can use whatever controller I want. I can use an xbox game pad, a dual shock controller, even those neat snes controllers for pc. Also there is the fact that I can hook up my computer to the tv.
Gba is probably my favorite handheld console. But I'm more than happy that emulation is a thing since it makes an already good thing better.

C'mon man. That's just ignorant.

Literally why not?

I have a framemeister and I love it, I'm just saying the average joe isn't going to want to jump through all those hoops when Nintendo shits out a $60 gizmo that does it for them, and I don't really blame them.

Virtual Console wouldn't have a point to even the average consumer then

Well yeah, and again; I never said that everyone was going to get an RGB NES nor should they. I was simply pointing out that original NES hardware is more than capable of putting out a clean signal that with a few extra chips can become HD.

Does it really bother you though? It's not like you can't pick up those games and play them on your PC already.

People that would buy this thing either don't know or don't care about emulation and really it's fantastic as a way to play some old games on a modern HDMI TV (or an old CRT with a converter) and beats Virtual Console pricing for all those games individually to boot. Nice novelty gift at the very least though I'd like it a lot better if it was $20-$30 cheaper.

Here's the NES one.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:262418a43934b50a957565f26965d6f4c5608aba&dn=NES%20Romset&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.publicbt.com%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce

But how do you know

he doesn't

Question: if you take just the case of a regular old NES, how comfortably would this cute mini NES fit inside?

my grandparents buy me a plug and play type of thing every year for christmas
this year will be a good one

What are you? 11?

If so, show us your pussy.

Sorry, sorry.
I meant cunny.

Bravo, Konami.

I could live without II.

Yeah, I mean, if space was somehow limited, give fans the ones they want and put Castlevania I and III on it. Especially since I doubt the Castlevania II on there is going to be using the fan retranslation either.

How about instead of selling the console with 30 games Nintendo chose, having an online menu with all the NES games that have ever existed and selling the mini console online exclusively, and when you order the console you get to choose the 30 games you want from the menu?

Would that be possible?

Jesus christ, that is dark. But her sister saves her, right?

I've got a better idea. Give it wifi capabilities, since it's already a raspberry pi, and allow people to buy additional games at $1 a piece. Of course they didn't do that, because as always, Nintendo is living 15 years in the past and are out of touch with technology.

and to any nigga who asks "why no more games"

one word : LICENSING

about half of the companies that made your favorite NES games do not exists anymore or went to shit, or just hate nintendo.

What the fuck even happened in Megaman 5? Was Dr. Wahwee in it?

Licensing works on a percentage and not a fixed sum, my friend. Nintendo doesn't look at this factor, of course, but if you pay $0.25 for ever $1 to publishers, everyone wins. The fans win, the publishers win, and the players win because they're not nickel and dimed as badly as the Wii Virtual Console did with NES games ranging from $5 to $15, and SNES ranging from $10 to $20, and N64 ranging from $10 to $30. You don't have to fuck with pricing like that and use some fake currency unit that no one wants to deal with, you can literally sell these games at $1 a piece. Even if you pay 50% of the money to the companies that own the games, let's assume you sell 50,000 units and each person who buys a unit buys 10 additional games, that's $250,000 on top of the $60 investment ($3,000,000), half of which Nintendo will actually get to keep because the other half is covered by the units, the plastic and the modifications to the units.

It's not that I don't understand licensing, it's that I know that licensing is almost never a fixed per-unit model, and we already know from Jewtendo's Youtube scam that they kept 75% of all money generated and only paid out 25% of all the revenue they steal on Youtube.

Nintendo rarely gives a fair or even cut of the money, so 50% for licensing would be enough for any company to agree to be able to make money off of their older games that no one buys anymore.

As for dead games, too fucking bad, but dead games doesn't mean there has to be NO GAMES.

this is a tumblr raid, isn't it?

Her sister High fives her :^)

There is nothing going for this thing, it's just trying to cash in on idiots that don't know emulators are a thing.

Everyone knows emulators are a thing, but there are literal fucking idiots who are proudly declaring "I'M GOING TO BUY THIS, PUT IT IN MY COLLECTION AND NEVER OPEN IT, BECAUSE I LOVE NINTENDO"

And I don't mean on here (although I'm sure someone around here is like that), but in the first link the comments section there's a fucking idiot who literally said that. "I'm not going to open it, I already have all these games, but I love Nintendo so I'm going to buy it for my collection."

Nintendo once again proves that no matter how shitty a company you are, brand loyalty is enough to skate through another generation with no games.

Says who? I'm sure modders will be uploading tutorials on how to solder an USB port or a SD card reader onto the motherboard of this Mini Nes a few months after it hits the market.

Look for RWBY chibi on youtube. Like RWBY itself, it's OK, and you'll walk away knowing they could have done better.

I'd rather get a Sonic The Hedgehog compilation with almost every game released up until SA2, with the 2011 and 2013 remastered ports of Sonic 1, 2, and CD.

Are you autistic or just a furry?

If they figure out how to add storage and make ROMs compatible I'll get one but not before then.

Fuck, why don't they just sell people shovels so they can dig up Monty Oum's grave, turn him over and bury him again?

What do you mean "if"?
I don't think they can actually implement too many security systems in a devise so simple and cheap. I'm sure they'll find a way, and then the process itself will be fairly simple for anyone with a soldering iron.
As for the ROMs, they can't be hard to patch. It won't happen in a day, of course.
But it'll probably happen in like three days. Four, tops. Modders see shit like this and what they see is a challenge.

Nice graphic. You made it?

It depends how their ROMs are loaded in the first place, if they are loaded onto a chip before it's soldered on that could make it pretty hard to load additional ROMs without effecting production cost at all.

I suspect modders will find a way but I'm not buying shit before they do.

No, it was on a twitter page that I don't know how the fuck I ended up there. I also saw on that twitter page that the president of Square Enix has challenged the president of Sony to a game of Overwatch to determine which is the better company (and that the president of Square Enix mains Tracer).

I sure as fuck wouldn't. I just thought it was funny how delusional Nintendo fanboys can be.

"WANT MORE FEATURES? INSTEAD OF THIS $60 THING BUY THIS $400 THING!"

No one ever says "Hey, you have a computer, just buy this fucking controller and get an emulator running."

But if you wait it could be too late. You know how Nintendo loves to create scarcity.
And you know it'll be hard but those guys are super smart. Modders I mean.
They'll figure it out, they will. Yes sir. They're competitive and passionate and very smart.

Well, it don' matter none where you found it. It pretty much reflects the conversation in this very thread.
The Wii U sure ain't a 60 dollar console though. No sir, it ain't. Why, each game can easily be 60 dollars.

This thing is proof nintendo babies will devour anything

considering this thing costs them next to fuck all to produce, it is not worth the money.
A second hand Wii is cheaper, and once modded, gets much more games

You clearly haven's seen just how cute the thing is.
Dude, it's like a NES, but it's tiny. Worth every darn dollar if you ask me.

Yeah that's what I was saying here

I find it amusing how they'll make the comparison of this set top box to a Wii-U and completely overlook the huge price gap because "YOU SHOULD HAVE A WII-U ANYWAY, GOYIM!" I don't buy Nintendo products anymore, if I did buy this, it'd be purely for FF, Super C and the Zelda games. And I just don't see myself justifying a $60 price tag for it, when I can get all this and more for $0 right now at emuparadise.

Don't you have some tacos to be selling, Reggie?

Agreed, it would have been smarter to sell it with a HDD or SM slot and open a store with $2 ROMs. Then you would get people that currently emulate getting one and spending $40 for their favorite games.

That will never happen because Jewtendo is still trying to sell Virtual Console games on their other systems. This little 30 game package is a one off and they'll never expand upon it.

If you just want to make a fake NES, you can already do that with the Raspberry pi, it's dirt fucking cheap too. It's less than $50, compared to this pile of shit, and you can put every single NES game in existence on it for no extra cost. You'd need an NES-USB adapter, but otherwise, you would have no problems playing all your favorite classics or discovering some new ones, also Famicom games.

Good point.

I know what can be done but this isn't marketed at people that know things. I'm saying a cheap ROM store would be better for the retarded masses.

Oh, well, yeah obviously. I mean ifyou want to talk about what wold be better, make the Virtual console on the Wii and Wii-U not cost an arm and a leg.

sorry fam but you dont fit in

you dont have your jew glasses on user

So why exactly is everyone expecting Nintendo to bend over backwards to appease pirates? For all the talk about fanboys, you act like wanting to play the games means you shouldn't have to pay for them.

It isn't aimed at you. normalfags don't even understand the Virtual Console exists but will pay for convenience and a bunch of games that may as well be all new to them.

I think more likely Normalfags will pay for this for the "GAMER CRED" they think it will pull to be able to say "I have 30 of the best NES games of all time" (even though Simon's Quest isn't very good).

Hrm, I guess I should ask… How big is the controller?

Did I miss something? What's wrong with the company behind the Pi?

Why would I pay for this when I have a tablet and a 32GB microSD? I can fit way more than 30 games on that, and emulate more than just the NES.

Don't even bother asking, no matter what, you get told you're a piece of shit if you buy anything that's not Nintendo or AMD. Did you buy an Intel processor because you wanted something that works? Jews. Did you buy a GeForce GPU because you wanted something that performs well? Jews. Did you buy a PS4 because it actually has games? Jews. Did you buy an Android device like a Raspberry Pi? Jews.

There's no fucking winning with idiots who want to destroy your enjoyment of things. The fact of the matter is, you can find Jews in every facet of every industry in any way you want, when you buy produce and meat from your grocery store like it or not there's jews who are profiting from you buying those products. The only way to be "guilt-free" is to never buy anything and only ever steal or scavenge/hunt.

In other words, to not benefit the jews, you must become a jew yourself. The Raspberry Pi is a good product-base to start any project, and allowing faggots to taint it for you because they start throwing around the word jews would be silly, just ignore their shit. If you want to build an arcade box, if you want to build an NES/SNES machine, if you want to make a single-purpose device powered by android to keep the memory footprint and power needs of your device to a minimum to maximize performance, there's no reason to start thinking "I SHOULD LOOK FOR AN ALTERNATIVE TO THE PI BECAUSE…" That's bullshit.

You know, I tried the tablet thing, and touchscreen controls don't work so well for me, I suppose if I found a good controller that works with android devices maybe I'd have a better time with it.

Mine has buttons on it. Thumbsticks don't click in, though, and I had to replace all their shitty chink emulators with decent ones. Works alright, though. Played through the Crash trilogy with it without problems, and some GBA/SNES stuff.

The real question is the accuracy, features, and the input lag of this mini NES. As shown in this video, you can mod an NES to have HDMI output, and the ability to scale the displayed image, without adding input lag. You can also have scan-lines too.

The thing is, you're not the only person to bring it up, and NO ONE HAS AN ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION AT THIS TIME. I would imagine, however, that Nintendo of all fucking companies would understand just how important getting it right for games from that era is, because those games are unforgiving. There's no room for a 80ms delay between you pressing down and actually ducking in a game like Super C, or Link moving downward to avoid the Dark Knut.

I think if any company is going to get THIS right with an emulation box of the NES, it will be Nintendo.

But will it work with Wild Gunman?

Zapper games are pretty much a lost cause unless you get a CRT. And there are no CRTs with HDMI in them (or HD resolution for that matter), so you might as well just use the composite jacks for CRTs.

Someone could PROBABLY make a solution for the zapper, the problem is that the zapper gun is a pretty precise camera object. See LCD screens are made up of many pixels (think of it like a big screen door) whereas CRTs are made up of photon emitters. So the LCD is more muted, and the "square" that the zapper looks for is broken up in the pixels so that it's not a continuous box that the zapper camera looks for. So it thinks that your shot is always "just off" and you never get the shot to succeed.

The only way for a Zapper to succeed is if a guy with the time and interest is willing to make a replacement that properly compensates for the lack of warping in non-CRT screens (such as flat panels), can compensate for LCDs, and maybe has the ability to still work on a CRT monitor.

I could see someone writing a solution for this as code on an Android-based board and giving you a three-position slider to choose between CRT/Flatscreen/LCD to overcome the issue. But the thing is, there's not enough of a market for this to be a profitable business venture, so I just can't see anyone bothering to mass produce Zapper upgrades that can work on any type of TV.

Personally I'm a bit wary with the relationship of Rasbery Pi and Microsoft. Your money your choice though. Just as it is with my dollarydoos and my decision on where to spend it.

Are you talking about an android running dolphin or something?

no you fucking retard
you use both the virtual console and a usb loader to play videogames
the biggest advantage is being able to play actual n64 (through vc) and gamecube (gamecube games is also native) games you fucking dork

Nintendo generally doesn't cheap out on hardware, hopefully they'll be keeping that tradition going.

Same size as the original NES controllers, I assume. Like I said, they're probably betting people will buy them just for a Wiimote-compatible NES Classic Controller.