kat.cr/furi-2016-repack-r-g-freedom-t12888188.html
youtube.com/watch?v=50-OT83O9qY
mega.nz/#!tFIRADIB!Jd-Qh_BDgR6jcjw99YqIXIYiC0thGhCbUx1ygoxzvLo
mega.nz/#!FApj3TBK!W23UeBnkj9RSUVYb_T03SgRNUvvfGmdzf8uwhcqRecc
mega.nz/#!Wo9kBRQR
mega.nz/#!Wo9kBRQR!QycfzFKch_-5YMDU7mOZEMQoUFU-qOm6eYPJKTFzj10
youtu.be/zhGQmdH8qn4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's definitely soundtrack of the year but I'm still going to wait until there's a sale on the game to pick it up.

it's definitely a little pricey

Even if you weren't shitposting, Undertale released in 2015.

undertale was 2015

why is Strider fighting Mr. Freeze?

It's "free" on PS4 (with a PS+ subscription) so I tried it out. The boss fights are fun but there are long, unskippable walking simulator sections in between them. I don't know what the fuck they were thinking.

Oh is that how money works?
BECAUSE I DON'T THINK THAT'S HOW MONEY WORKS
WHO DO YOU TAKE ME FOR? A FOOL?

I think they may just be a means to fit more songs into the game, they probably got more tracks from the contributors than they could make bosses for so they just put them in between in segments long enough for you to hear most of them.

That or they just aren't great at storytelling.

i actually thought those were pretty enjoyable. some of them were really neat

you can press any button to auto-walk through them

Got the game from a previous thread, really fun it's in own way, I haven't finished it mostly because of rl issues that and the fact that I suck but the game is worth the 25 dollary doos I'll buy it when I have the money.

Also the soundtrack is pretty fucking dope

Is it PS4 exclusive? If not where's the torrent.

why the hell is the last boss A FUCKING SHUMP, THE VERY VERY LAST BOSS, IT FUCKING SUCKS
goty

That's not the point

yeah i know
i can see why they would annoy someone. i don't know why but i thought they were neat. i needed a few moments to cool down after a boss and a little backstory to get hyped about the next one while they show off some creative jrpg-style screen sequences was fun

Undertale wasn't even GOTY/OST of the year in 2015

I haven't played blundertale, but it did have one of the most enjoyable OSTs I've ever heard.

Guess not so I did it myself. Op could not be a faggot and provide it so he doesn't look like a shill.

Infohash
45C0C5BCAC5AA13462A7F7F0C190C7DBD782041E

URL
kat.cr/furi-2016-repack-r-g-freedom-t12888188.html

Haven't downloaded yet but it's the first result with 60 seeders so I'de say it's legit. If anybody thinks otherwise they're free to post their own version.

I doubt this is as good as MECHA Ritz: Steel Savior.

No thanks

the gun is always better than the sword anyway

Looks neat.

Dropped.

Isn't this free on PSN?

It's free on PC.
See

Quality

I want games to stop doing this.

weird, I had to mute that shit almost immediately

Exactly. Still a good game though.

Are you the same guy who tried to shill this game a couple months ago?

the game isn't even that old you nigger elemental.

I know that it was a while ago when someone was freaking out about the first level/fight of this game and calling it GOTY, and when people said it was shit, OP sperged out. I'm just guessing by the way he's kissing ass that it's the same guy.

Yeah, he even tried to make different posts in different voices, not even knowing IDs existed. He then proceeded to force a meme of the game he was not at all paid to promote. Here, have some sage fodder.

wasn't me

rollan

wait shit this isn't like that
HARD COCONUTEXPANSION PAK

COMING THROUGH

It'd be great if it wasn't like 10 hours long at most

But really I want it so bad to have more content, it really does look like a wonderful game that'd at least perk me up from my depression

Wrong image and link OP.

fix'd

It's to hype you up for the next boss. I don't know why everyone is saying they hate the walking segments; I fucking loved them.

youtube.com/watch?v=50-OT83O9qY
Here you go person who doesn't know what reverse image search is.

I'm not going to reverse image search something I don't care about. If you want anyone to give a fuck about your dumb shit, then it's on you to inform them.

How is a coffee break game anywhere near GOTY? This is something you play for like 5 minutes and then uninstall because it got boring. That's what I did with it.

It has great design and plays like oldschool FPS.
Fact you prefer walking segment to score games is not my fault.

We haven't had comiket yet but new super hook girl was better.

There's nothing really bad I can find about the game itself in terms of what it sets out to do. It's a survival mode game where each round takes about 1-3 minutes, though berating a game for that is like saying SHMUPs are simply too short. The game design, aesthetic, and sound design really flow well together in ways you don't see often in games anymore.
At most you can fault DD for what it isn't (e.g. 6+ hour long campaign), though that's hardly fair.

So its Hyper Light Drifter all over again? Woohoo.

Thanks user, needed a laugh.

not bad

It has cool atmosphere, yes. That's literally the only noteworthy thing about it, though. Being """oldschool""" doesn't automatically make it a good game.

Except Furi is a score game. 90% of my playtime for it is in the speedrun mode.

I'm not saying it doesn't do well what it tries to do. I'm saying what it tries to do is not enough to make it a notable game. It's got about as much meat as a flash game you'd play for free online 10 years ago. It's not something worth money, and it's not worthy of being compared to any actual games.

this game is ok, but

Yeah by now it is a meme, I am aware of that.
But really it is actually good, not because it is oldschool but because oldschool is actually good, at least in case of FPSs.

Past the art devil daggers looks entirely forgettable

I think it's like 80% the sound and 20% the art.

I don't know, but the gameplay looks terrible.

Chu chu motherfucker

"get to 500 seconds"

mfw

I'll probably come back to it later because holy fuck. It's nice to see a game where you're just dropped in with no explanation and sent to kill baddies right when you hit play.
Not to mention bunny-hopping/rocket jumping your way through hordes of flying skulls feels satisfying as fuck.

Demerit based reviewing is stupid

Again with this shit?
stop shilling your fucking game here, you did this a week ago, then a month ago in the same way: "whoa this game is awesome!" "it's so difficult but really cool"
It's shit, especially the fucking music.

fuck off

The game trailer that posted is from an outdated version and doesn't do the game justice.
It ends up getting really fucking hectic the longer you're alive

Devil Daggers has more cohesive design than most games released today. All the elements in the game serve a proper purpose and nothing feels left out. For a game with such a small scope it's easier to notice design flaws, which you may have noticed instead.
DD's execution for being a survival mode game is great, it slowly ramps up the pace as more and more enemy types join the fray. If DD had a proper Quake-style campaign with great level design, then everyone would be all over it's dick. Even for a survival mode game, DD is really fucking great.

Fact of the matter is that not everyone is willing to take the path of aiming for a higher score, because who cares about improving your skills to the point where you get a higher number? It's not something I can force you to like, the path to owning the leaderboards is one you have to take yourself.

Looks terribly unpolished. The states seem extremely vague, with instantaneous and unpredictable transitions. Plus the graphics and art. If you can be called out quickly and easily for using a certain engine, you have failed in some way. And they seem rather undefined or kind of bleed together, which is a problem considering how pinpoint they expect you to be in gameplay.

Well I personally am enjoying the game, even though I am not all that good at it.Even though the mechanics are simple(you don't have combos or alternative weapons/upgrade trees) it really tests your reflexes or memorization skills(if you keep on dieing fighting the boss over and over you will notice that he does have some predetermined patterns). I personally like the art style and music. I do wonder, besides the music what else do you dislike about this game?

That was probably me, since I made the only other Furi thread I've seen.

How long is it?

Also as stated, sword is a deathtrap in every shmup phase since you can just keep shootan and easily survive that way in pretty much every boss phase. Only exception is when bosses have glaringly obvious downtimes, like when sniperbitch just finished firing a sniper shot.

It feels like the game is trying harder to be cool than to actually be a game where the gameplay elements properly work together.

6 inches

theres some neat things like

3-4 hours

Depends how good you are at the game.

Roughly 9 hours for me.
First I did the main campaign on furi difficulty, which took me roughly 4 and a half hours to finish. Replayed it to get an S rank and that took me about 1 and a half hour.
Played through it on Furier difficulty, got a B rank, that took me 3 hours and 12 minutes.
Now all I gotta do is go through the speed run mode.

Side note: I don't think its a generally good idea to judge a game on its runtime. Because I'd rather have an enjoyable experience for $30 and play for only 6 hours. Rather than pay $5 and have a game drag on for 30 hours.

Except that's not true. Almost every time you will just hit them rather than them dodging.

What? It's way easier to just hit with a sword always and way safer too. The reason to use the pistol is because it has more DPS for speedruns.

They took too much inspiration from Kamiya and his tendency to shoe horn space harrier

that may be true but for the type of people that love undertale it's always current year.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:7E3CF92FADB43BE489A000130A69C12671E99206&dn=furi+codex&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fglotorrents.pw%3A6969%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3A80%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.opentrackr.org%3A1337%2Fannounce

AMD cards have an issue with level 4 so I haven't finished it but it's tons of fun

You know where it belongs.

I've never seen you posting in the JRPG threads, why is that?

Every time this game is mentioned I have to bring up the fact that it's essentially a proof of concept for Hitboxes 3rd game. You know the guys who made Dustforce? The engine designer went off and made Devils Daggers while also working on an engine the developers for Hitbox. Right now they're working on Spire (embed related) which is ran on Unity. It looks great though and their coders are autistic so it shows promise.

this fight was fucking great

So it's a 2/10?

The magnet link is here

You can try it out for yourself. I am personally enjoying the game, though it's not everybody's cup of tea.

Its a shit game with a good soundtrack

the burst was a cool idea but having to chase her between each phase was annoying and her final pattern really fucked me right in the face

Having a decent time even though I'm shit at it.

Is the input for dodges supposed to be delayed by a second or so? Because it's the only reason I'm doing so shit. I'm stuck on the 3rd boss of time.

I think of the three bosses I've fought the old guy is my favorite solely because the music that plays over him is by Waveshaper.

Fuck I recognized it was waveshaper while it was playing and I didn't even know Waveshaper
was on the artists working on it

Did I mention how much I like Waveshaper

looks like poopoo junkus. bad art, no value differentiation, everything blends together. But hey, purple and neon means cyberpunk and retro now-a-days. Thanks for shitting up the hobby even more, normal fags

Does someone have a MEGA link?

password: igg-games.com

Part 1:
mega.nz/#!tFIRADIB!Jd-Qh_BDgR6jcjw99YqIXIYiC0thGhCbUx1ygoxzvLo

Part 2:
mega.nz/#!FApj3TBK!W23UeBnkj9RSUVYb_T03SgRNUvvfGmdzf8uwhcqRecc

That was fast, thanks a lot user

What happened to you, Holla Forums? Are you that casual? Is this like when you disliked HM2 for no good reason?

Hey shill, listen closely to this webm

What's a better modern composer of similar style then? I'm just curious.

No. Stop trying to dodge while attacking

NO GOOD REASON

best boss in my honest and true opinion

Is this a big joke I've missed?

The game is boring as balls.

Hotline Miami was incredibly overrated. The first one was a neat little game, but was something that you uninstall and forget about as soon as you finish the last level. The second one was just more of the same, which had already gotten stale.

I dont know either, played the game and its nothing to get excited about except the soundtrack.

Since everyone else in this thread seems to be a faggot, here's the OST:

mega.nz/#!Wo9kBRQR

Woops, wrong link, my bad:

mega.nz/#!Wo9kBRQR!QycfzFKch_-5YMDU7mOZEMQoUFU-qOm6eYPJKTFzj10

Is it in flac?

Unfortunately, no. Best I could do.

is it exclusive to the Bloodborne machine?

Pirate it on PC.

DO NOT EVEN BOTHER

wew lad

git gud.

Dropped.

I bought the vinyl and it comes with flac downloads so I might upload those when it comes in.

Please do. I want that vinyl as well, hotdamn.

You know that flac holds literally no merit over 320kbps or even V0 unless you're planning on archiving music for a good few decades, right?

Unless you've got a vault filled with external HDDs and make sure they won't degrade even a bit over the course of a few decades using FLAC is pointless. FLAC is the gluten-free diet of music files.

lmao good luck reading literally anything from them when you take them out

Haha wow you don't store your music? You faggot. Go kiss some boys while you listen to your shitty lossy gay music.

i stand corrected about that, but perfect parry stun attack is not effective on him

it was fun and cool as hell

I should've realised this was bait earlier.

3/10, got me to reply.

oh yeah when i was looking up the boss names at one point i saw the slowtaku headlines about this game

obviously didn't click to read further, but the headline is enough of a laugh

you check the other headlines that the writer did, a greater laugh awaits

Too gimmicky, and outside the fights the game is a walking simulator.

That's like saying outside the fights Streetfighter is a VN.

I like to think the "cutscenes" is a break to drink some water

If you think storing data on only one medium is an acceptable method of long-term storage, then you're just asking to lose it all.

What gimmicks does it have?

perfect parry for a stun attack, charge slash or gun for a stun attack, stun attack being a flashy little animation for extra damage

that's kinda it. it's a very simple game, which is what i enjoyed about it. granted i played it for 'Free' with PSN+ but i was interesting looking and different from stuff i've played lately

true final boss sucks though

How the fuck are those gimmicks?

Read the post I was replying to, faggot.

you're guess is as good as mine, i can't think of anything else considered gimmicks in it, save for the exposition between stages which you just auto-walk through and after completing the game once you can just skip right to the fights

what a cuck

youtu.be/zhGQmdH8qn4

those aren't gimmicks

one of the main gimmick is that this game is that it's actually a shump

its very strange

started playing it. there is an obvious delay from dodge presses to the action happening in game. pretty unacceptable.

Game of the Year goes to EDF 4.1

Are you holding it down? charging the dodge increases the distance you dodge, doesnt seem delayed to me but i dunno. I didnt realize the dodge was charging when i would try and dodge at first, but if you just tap it should be pretty instant

tapping and observing the frames it takes for the input to happen. It's "pretty instant" but not "instant." like it should be, like it sort of needs to be.

its like one tenth of a second delay, try dashing multiple times during the second boss fight

fuck off faggot, the music is great

It's more like a 10 frame delay. That's terrible.

nah m8

im sure you think hotline miami music is shit too

What's it like being deaf?

Runs like absolute shit on PS4, I regret spending $10 to get it through PS Plus.

you forgot
but I'll check those dubs

ae5a08 is right - I noticed a lot of input delay in general while I was trying to play this yesterday; but especially dashes.
Maybe it's a clever built in anti-piracy measure
which I would be okay with, actually

its not anti-piracy, I have the legit game. It's bad design.

it's probably to make it harder, you have to time your dashes a bit better with that small delay

it's an unnecessary and poor way to design a dodge.

One of the best parts.

well i really liked those

are you fucking retarded? it's a unity game

there's no input delay on any action, just a windup on the dash

I'll be sure to post this in >>>/suicide/

Get it? cuz it's bad

yeah sure

This is actually decent level design. You might not recognize it, it's been pretty damn rare recently, but this is what it looks like.

not level design you retard, it's called pacing..

Yeah, nah, you're gay. Cutscenes should always be skippable especially in deep games like this.

It's shit.
It may not be shit.

I said "maybe," you gay nigger, because I can't confirm it and am certainly not buying it without being able to skip those walking parts.

Confirmed shit design. Thanks, user

you can play the game with no cutscenes when you complete it

not good enough

?????????????

Indie is short for independent, though.

in games where the story has fuck all to do with the gameplay yes I skip the cutscenes on first playthrough

Bingo.

Consider visiting the next life.

Naw, it's still fun. It has pretty good replayability.

At least be fucking authentic. If he doesn't sell his works in that format I'll be pissed.

Meant to reply to

Dunno why that happened

Ironically I download music in FLAC to save space(not on the same device) when new codecs come out, for example when OPUS was released I deleted my mp3's off of my phone and replaced them with opus-music encoded files.

Games don't count until they run at 60FPS, meaning EDF 4.1 will release in two days and will be competing for GOTY mainly against Dragon's Dogma

You're really stuck in the past, aren't you?

So when you played any of the Devil May Cry games, Bayonetta or Metal Gear Rising you also skipped the cutscenes on your first play through?

MGR was one of the cringiest games I've ever seen in my life, so I wouldn't blame him.

I personally enjoyed how edgy and over the top it was

shiller no shilling

It's also on PC.
There already is a magnet link and a link for the igg-games archive if you want to try it out for free and form your own opinion of the game. Plus it's only 2GB.

maybe then

is gondola dead?

Go better play MGR

The game is glorified a boss rush. Thats a bit disappointing, to not blast and slice armies of mobs while hearing a nice soundtrack until you reach the boss fight.
Plus the input delay out of the ass for no reason.

I wish.

GOTY and what "journalists" call GOTY have nothing to do with each other.