2015-2016 platformers

Can you fags recommend me some new good platformers? I want to see if the genre is fading into obscurity or still has some gems. I already completed the following new platformers:

-Ori and the blind forrest
-The new rayman games
-Fortune summoners
-Rabi Ribi

And yeah I already played the shantae games too. Anything enjoyable that's newer?

AM2R releases soon, so got that.
If count ROMhacks, Metroid X-Fusion looks promising.

Axiom Verge is good if you're into classic Metroid.

Daaamn for a gameboy remake that looks amazing, gonna try it right now, shame the full version is not out yet.

I've heard bad things about axiom verge, things like taking waay too much time to kill enemies. I don't know if it's true but this is the reason I kinda put a low priority on it so far.

I didn't really have any problem when I played it. There's also Valdis Story, I guess, but the platforming's a pretty minor element. It's more about the RPG elements and the combat.

Guess I'll try that pretty soon then.

Played it, loved it. And it was only a team of like 3 people making it so that was impressive.

1001 spikes is good. Shovel Knight is decent but you're better of playing classics it tries to mimic.

Anyone played Pharaoh Rebirth? It's the spiritual successor to Return of Egypt. I haven't played it myself yet but it looks good. I've also heard good things about Yumi's Odd Oddyssey.
Some more games I haven't played: Momodora. Straima.

Try Apotheon

Gives me that pretentious indie vibe, but I might give it a try.

Played it, and it's a neat game, a bit overrated if you ask me.

That looks very fun, downloading now.

Oh so there are more games like Sayonara Umihara Kawase? I thought that was the only one, definitely checking this one out.

Well the art looks like trash, but it seems to get a lot of praise. I'll check this out in any case, but I'm a bit suspicious because of the lazy graphics.

Yeah that's actually a pretty fun series, I don't know why but I never finished all of them. I have to download these again.

fucking millennials

pharaoh rebirth.

Reminder that genres that are not RPGs, Sports games, Shooters or FPSs are not mainstream and are dead.

Axiom Verge is flawed, but it is still great for having been made by one guy. I'd rate it higher on your priority list than near the bottom.

Remasters don't count

Can confirm. Bosses are massive HP sponges. Other problems include ughman traveling and backtracking, ugly as HELL ascetics, and shitty weapon balance.

But seriously, that game is fucking ass-ugly.

Fuck you too, I can make better pixel shit and I ain't even an artist

Looks pretty fucking lazy to me.

These look amazing, too bad about Assault Suit Leynos not out on PC yet but I'm keeping an eye on it.

That looks weird but interesting, a trailer from 2011 though? Was it abandoned? I'm gonna try it anyway.

Well I suppose I'll just gave to try axiom verge myself then at some point, I was just uninterested because I don't like bullet sponge stuff.

Either way I wanna thank you elegant fags for the recommendations so far, looks like I still have some new-ish platformers to try out.

Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls

A freeware game in CURRENT YEAR? Yup, and it's kinda neat actually.

Shovel Knight came out in 2014.

Awesome, downloading it now, the trailer looks interesting. I was thinking that the tumblr nose and black girl protagonist was sketchy but hell, who cares it's a platformer, it probably doesn't matter. If it's free I have nothing to lose, thanks man!

Also to thank you fags for the recommendations here's my list of good rpg maker games that you should play (mostly horror, also some funny ones). Try the crooked man and black cat's story first.

I don't see The Way in your collection. For shame, OP!

I already have it actually, I think there were 6 The Way games? I have them but in a separate folder for some reason, just forgot to put them there.

What about this little demo?

Never heard about it, is it any good?

Also, how about THIS related video, I instantly fell in love with the game back then when it was made.

Wow, wait a second, I did not realize this game was actually finished recently. What the hell… I remember it being just some demo since like 2004 or whenever it was made.

H&H is like FFVII, Xenogears and D&D mashed together. A bit weird and rough around the edges, but still enjoyable. It was one of the more ambitious projects of its time. You fight "Jesus" as the very first boss.

Ara Fell is out already? Welp, looks like we've got ourselves the very first western RM2003 game released commercially. No way I'm shelling 10 dollarydoos for it, though. Especially when it seems to be made entirely out of Mack & Blue resources.

Yes please! One of my favourite games, if it's anything similar it's worth a try for sure. Gonna get heaven and hell then, why is it directly episode 3 though? I thought it was a series.

And I'm amazed about Ara Fell too, it was fucking ages since that thing was released as a quick demo, I can't believe they finally made a full game out of it right now. It's worth a pirate at least if you enjoyed the demo, but don't take my word since I did not download it yet. What I liked the most is the music and mapping in Ara Fell.

Angry Video Game Nerd II: ASSimilation is actually not that bad,

I only skipped around the video, but I didn't see any sort of combat in it at all.

What's it like? Standard JRPG fare?

Yep. It's nothing special, I just liked the atmosphere of the game.

Looks interesting, I've hear it's really fucking hard

Well, gotta go to sleep, thanks again for the recommendations, will check the thread tomorrow if it's alive.

I'd rather not

How does it compare to the first one, because that game was pretty bad.

Make it past the dull tutorial and you're in for an excellent mythologically-accurate adventure, easily a favorite from 2015 for me.

Based on the other recommendations in the thread anything recent is fair game, not just 2015-2016, so I'll put in for Dustforce, great if you're a perfectionist.

Shame it's a dumbed down piece of ledge-grabbing shit for casuals like Zero Mission. They really looked at the wrong game for mechanical inspiration.

Axiom Verge is also a DRM-crippled piece of Steam garbage unfortunately.

Not really new, but you should check out La Mulana. Easily one of the best puzzle platformers I've played in years. It's definitely heavy on the puzzle side though; to the point where you're going to want to keep some pen and paper around to draw the map and write clues.

Not really the type of platformer I think he was going for.
but on a side note Duck Game was honestly one of the best games of 2015 if you have people to play it with

Probably the best Kirby game to ever come out.

Welp, I know what to include in my game now.

Best platformer released in the past 5 years