Gravity Rush 2

Apparently, in 7/19 in Japan, they're revealing the release date for them.

Not sure if the release date in there is the same as the western one.

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2016/07/gravity-rush-2-might-launch-december-1-japan
sfmlab.com/item/1457/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah good fucking luck discussing a PS4 exclusive once it's out.
Between this and Nier Automata Holla Forums will be triggered to hell and back in the coming year.

I'm seriously considering getting a PS4 just for Gravity Rush and NieR: Automata. They look too good.

Don't forget The Last Guardian, can't wait for people that only played SotC but not ICO to not play it and yet call it a "walking simulator" on all threads once it releases.

Heh

Release date might be December 1st:
gematsu.com/2016/07/gravity-rush-2-might-launch-december-1-japan

Just finished the first game last night. Fun game if a bit simple. On the opposite end, the finale left a ton of unanswered questions:
1 - what are the Nevi?
2 - is Dusty a Nevi?
3 - is Kat the queen/princess of the city in the clouds?
4 - why is Yunica such a turbocunt?
5 - who is Alias? what face did Kat see under the mask?
6 - who are the Creators?

Can't speak of the original version but the gallery that comes with the Remastered edition is jaw-droppingly amazing. Too good even. Like Alice Madness Returns, it made me a little disappointed with the main game.
Speaking of Alice, the game also takes a very unexpected turn for the bleak. It starts off as comfy girl adventure, running pointless errands and halfway through it's space-time distortions and a gravitational abyss devouring the world.

Comments in the article seem to imply it's early 2017 for the west.

They better not fuck up the translation with tree house kind of shit.

Ico is shit

Yeah the game is disappointingly short, you have like 10 missions in Auldenoir and then one mission each in the next two places, two or three in Vendecentre and the bottom of the pillar and then the game is over. It really felt like the trip down the pillar was set up to be the halfway point but then they just force the finale out immediately after you get back from it.

Fuck you

i'm a bit concerned about this, when i played the remastered i got a chuckle out of all the little jokes and shit they snuck in there, along with you pretty much looking at kats crotch for 90% of the game then found myself asking "how did this fly" but its initial release was before localization got off the hook and the remaster was probably too small a name to get attacked

Yeah, everything happens too quickly and the antagonists have barely any development - the scientist plays Kat like a fiddle and Ming the Merciless played Raven and that's just about it.
The gallery shows the laboratory in the locations so I guess that would be a thing. Again, Alice Madness Returns flashbacks.

8-4 did the "English Editing". Didn't say "translation" so I take it it's a different thing.
They're gonna fuck both this and NieR and the Bloodstation meme will become unstoppable.

At least it's recent unlike "NO GAMES" which only worked because of the count from sesame street, i don't even think the people repeating the line even watched that show.

Is it awkward that i want to see a Gravity Rush crossover with Ape Escape?

I will cut you, user.

Does somebody know why was Gravity Daze translated to Gravity Rush? It seems kind of a dumb and pointless change.

I wonder that too

I dunno I guess it's because controlling gravity to fly around a map is more of a rush than a daze.

She's a turbocunt because you're not as heroic as the military for defending the city, I always assumed. Plus, it looks like Kat was the one bringing in Nevi attacks and causing trouble so it's natural that Kat was blamed for shit.
That one is answered in game but vaguely so I am hoping they expand on that. But creators are basically dream shapers in the world they live in. How they got that power will be hopefully interesting to learn.
Is a Nevi of somekind as the anti-Nevi cookies made him super sick and messed with your powers. How that plays into the experiments on the city above the clouds will also be interesting to see.

Now for some shitty theories, I wonder if Alias was actually a time traveler with the gravity experiments like the 2 strangers, and so when he dies is actually the latest point of his own timeline, which means we might see him again from Kat's perspective.

My theory is that Kat is actually Sans

Kat looks like she has a huge ballsack in that image.

Hey look, new character leaked.

I always thought it was the stick up her ass. Even her CO is much more relaxed than her.

I wonder if that wrench was necessary to be tossed in. The space-time distortions and gravitational abyss were already quite interesting on their own and then that freaky loli pops up, blathering about everything being a dream with a pre-determined course.

The cookies were the first thing that made me think Dusty was one of them but it doesn't have a core. And I think the scientist was planning to use Dusty as a energy source.

>Kat visits the Pope and drops him into the gravitational abyss as muffled Douse Shinundakara plays in the background
I'm OK with that.

Side note, if the game has DLC, they better offer something MUCH more substantial than the stuff in the first game. It's fairly obvious the costumes were the hook because has about 1 hour worth of gameplay.

I liked the side story filler DLC, but then again, I played Remastered which came with it all.

As for the creators, old man is a creator, too, so there's a lot going on that we're not sure about on top of the whole gravity experiment.

Dusty and Raven's crow seem like they're natural Nevi and the experiment created all these artificial Nevi in an attempt to mimic their gravity distorting powers. Or something like that.

Gravity Rush 2 better be longer than the 1st game, or else there will be literally no reason for them to have brought it to PS4 instead of Vita. The 1st game's ending was embarrassingly short. Literally none of the questions that came up during the plot were answered in any meaningful way. Who is Kat? How did Raven become a shifter? What is the nature of their animal companions? Is there an entire shifter kingdom in the sky? What is the nature of the Nevi? What exactly did Kat flee from? Why is everyone going to die? Who is Alias? How can he control the Nevi? Is he really dead probably not? Has interfering in the affairs of this town really a good thing? What the fuck was that blue sea of darkness? Is that where the Nevi are from or is it something worse? Is there something greater at work in all of this? It felt like the devs were pacing the plot how they wanted up until partway through the Boutoume arc and then they realized that they couldn't fit the whole story on the Vita cartridge and had to cut big chunks of it to speed to the ending.

Regardless of the completely unfulfilling ending I had fun. It's a good game and I really, really want the second one to be better. The plot itself has the potential to become really good, even though the game holds onto its secrets more tightly than a Jew grasping at his hidden gold.

They already said the world will be 2.5x larger, and it has a higher graphical fidelity, so there is a reason for it to be not on the Vita. I'll still be mad if nothing gets addressed and the game still isn't longer than 20-ish hours to plat.

Here's a bunch of OC's dressed as Ape Escape characters.

Is there a series that doesn't have fucking fanmade characters?

Unless those two things are integral to the gameplay in the second one that's not a reason for it to be brought to PS4, that's a result of it being brought to the PS4. Sure, it's nice to have those things, but Gravity Rush already looked and played fine on Vita and made use of its features. I could understand a PS4 and Vita release but cutting the Vita off from one of its best original IPs makes it seem like Sony is just trying to kill off the Vita at this point. Sure, the Vita isn't selling well in the west, but most of the blame for that rests on Sony at this point.

I assume the world being larger is integral to the way it's programmed since they want it to be a huge superhero sandbox like the first one and the Vita is memory starved in comparison to a console. Otherwise, I'unno.

Kat a cute

been waiting for shit about Gravity rush 2 for so fucking long
also super bummed I didnt get the japanese collectors edition of gravity rush that came with a Cat figma

I want her to sit on me

Great, it'll be 2.5x as empty.

Open world PS4, so it'll look the same as the GR1 remaster unless you've got a neo to get those neo exclusive "high" res textures.

You've got to be a really dumb consumer to be buying console hardware from the big three this gen.

I had a nightmare where the game had a twist that Kat and Raven were from a race of aliens reptilians people.

Did you even watch the E3 trailer or did you come here to shitpost?

Hey guys i found a Kat model in SMF, its in an unfinished state but we're close.

sfmlab.com/item/1457/

Replaying it on the Remastered edition I really, really like the DLC missions, they were more of a challenge, and hopefully the actual challenge missions are also good.

The concept art gallery is fucking amazing. A friend of mine actually met the guy who did it, Takeshi something, and he was a cool down-to-earth guy who loved working on it.

Cool

Grow some balls user.

Kat is pure, she is marriage material

I want the second game to have a christmas gifts delivery mission

An Easter egg hunt would also be nice, Kat gets bunny ears and a suit and Dusty gets a basket.

And a 4th July missions where you build a wall against criminals

Holy shit I didn't make the connection

I'm playing through Nier for the first time on my 360 and it's pretty fun. Between GR2, BB, EDF, Nier: Automatica and that Samurai souls clone i'm not regretting my PS4 purchase.

Too bad we don't see Ape Escape 4 or MediEvil 3 but i doubt they wouldn't fuck them up if they happened.

Keep that art coming, please.
And yes, the art gallery is indeed fucking amazing. Can't think of many games that top it besides Bayonetta and Soulcalibur.

Use stasis field to to pick up beaners and then drop them on the abyss.
MAKE HEKSEVILLE GREAT AGAIN.

I'm hoping NieR doesn't get botched by the translators though the red flags have already been raised; basically admitted that they'll implement changes because Taro's edginess might be too mind-blowing for our gaijin piggu brains.
(swap EDF with KoF and that's my PS4 list)

I just noticed that Kat's look in PSASBR was better in the promotional art then the in-game model

I didn't take a screenshot of every artpiece but my wallpaper folder did get a hefty boost.

There's a lot of concept art for unused ideas too. Apparently going into the worlds beyond the pillar meant to complete some kind of altar with a crystal. Also, the sky palace/city was also meant to be in the game.

A lot of these are vertical, so these are essentially cropped halfway but still look like great wallpaper material.

It's a huge gallery. Just a shame it misses the art panels from the story.
No worries, I'm grateful for what you can share. (I can always stop being a leech and go screencap these myself.)

I've mentioned it plenty but the environment art really does remind me of Alice Madness Returns (and the burning windmills reminded me of Ghouls n' Ghosts). Besides all the floating stuff, some pieces have a certain bleakness about them.
Again, the game really surprised in its change of mood. Sadly, it all ends very fast after that.

I hope the sequel does that tone shift as well but gives the story room to breathe, so to speak.

And big thanks for all these. I love my current wallpaper but gotta try something new and these not being 6 freakin' Mbs helps a lot.

I hope Raven becomes playable, even if it means in another game, just to see if she gets her own costumes.

Nothing is really explained, which I don't really mind. It would be nice had they had the time to flesh everything out, of course, but this way they can expand it properly in the sequel if everything goes well. Stuff like including Singlor's house, etc. I have the suspicion everything and everyone in GR is part of a greater sentient organism, with the pillar literally being a spinal cord. Essentially Navi are red blood cells, humans are oxygen and Shifters are leukocites. Everything feels far too organic (for the lack of a better term), and the military giving themselves marine codenames like Anemone and Jellyfish are huge red flags. Since there are other pillars too, Navi might instead be an invading virus from another pillar organism, and the "humans" inhabiting the pillar are its sentience split into smaller individual cells. Sky city/palace would essentially be the equivalent of the brain. Kat falling down would mean some kind of trauma happened to the pillar.

Not interested. Download the demo, deleted it in seconds.

Anything animu has no potential for being good. Animu is not Anime. Use Ghost in the Shell as reference.

Animation is a medium to get things across. Animators should he tying for things that matter.

Characters and objects can be formed from 2D drawings to 3D by a single image shaded different ways.

The sides and behind of character carved and painted in the 3D model generated. Or formed from the combination of drawings of the same character from the sides and behind.

So the MORE detailed a drawing the better for a 3D capture.

Artists making characters as detailed as they possibly can. More character for characters.

For Anime this would mean backgrounds and characters both having the same amount of detail.

For animation, backgrounds and characters would need to be animated according to situation.

Animation combined with 3D could go into games.

Extreme amounts of wide tent supersampling would be needed tk blend characters into the world and stop them looking 3D on 2D. Lots of post processing to add shadows, match colours to background tone, match animations eg wind to those of background. Terrain determined and character movin upon it realisticly and nonrepedatively. Ironically a 3D model having far less repetition, most of it generated. Could have stories quite literally stepped back from, telling themselves. Artists adding things.

And ALL drawing that of creating new things.

If they want to stay with a character they spend a damn lot of time making them and their world more complex.

That theory makes sense given the Guardian's talk about everything being a dream. Mayhap it's a metaphor for something happening in the dreamer's body. IIRC there's also a part of the pillar's inside that looks very bone-like. The art also had the tree rooted over what looked like a egg with the bottom cracked. Anyway, if the palace is the brain, the lost children are literally living on the ass end of the world.

Games could combine with shows in real time.

A condensed amount of action put into the show (from the previous week), and players all tuning in to play when it comes on, if the same characters present then automatically changed, but an extensive range of clothing and styles for characters should have them different. Or characters (players) kept from locations that will be used by show. Auto done, no programing.

Anime should get at all times look like paintings done to the highest of the painters ability. Expressions as complex as they can fathom.

2D to 3D conversion raised in quality and efficiency should have content available raised extremely.

Backgrounds may be so well converted that missing detail can be supposed and/or generated.

All painting becoming infinate 3D worlds.

Standards beyond ability to perceive all of them as standard.

OH DIOS MIOS

Is this a new copypasta?

Believe it or not no, it's one retard who at least once a week or so will just write out these giant rants about complete nonsense and they're different every time.

Where did this come from? I love it.

Ok then

I like how GR takes place in a super bizarre world and yet there's fun stuff in it like those images.

I honestly think GR was a complete fluke, since Sony likely didn't care much with it being on the Vita at first, they could go wild with ideas. I can't think of something so original in vidya in the last decade.

I was interested in GR2 but then they confirmed that its dlc ridden before the game looked like anythng more than gr HD

They really only said there will be DLC in existence, not that it's selling parts of a game that should have been in the main release. Although time will tell with that one, I suppose.

The original game had DLC as well but it did it rather well so one can hope that they won't fuck up GR2

I would marry Kat in a fucking instant if I could.

Kat is mine now

Fuck off you facesitting betamale.

yeah i did that with her

Yea no, it was a small handfull of missions and a costume that could have been in the game.

Sure they could have been, but honestly that could be said about any DLC. DLC isn't a good thing, don't get me wrong, however as long as it's not hidden in the game and isn't some major part of the game being hidden behind a paywall it's tolerable. Gravity Rush did neither of these things, so in the end it's fine.