Was it the 9/11 of video games, Holla Forums?

Was it the 9/11 of video games, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

zxstudio.org/
lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Terrifying_9.11_(Unresurfaced_Pirated_GBC_Game;_Early_2000s)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The fact that we got Assault Horizons instead of Brave Arms. That's the worst tragedy right there.

Never played Ace Combat

What's the story here?

Call of Duty 4. It was both awesome and destructive.

zxstudio.org/

Some good might be coming out of Assault Horizon.

Maybe not THE 9/11 but it was a real terror attack on vidyas

Super Mario Bros 3

Actually scratch that, it would count as Sandy Hook because of the fact that some consider it shit, while others refuse to admit it ever happened.

Candy Crush

Pandering to the COD audience was more important than making something good.

this had better be a serious post and not bait because i want some elaboration

The climactic reveal of SMB3 is burned – no, seared – into my memory the way JFK’s assassination was for my parents’ generation… or the way 9/11 would be for mine a scant 12 years from then…

it's from moviebobs book about mario

Thanks, i was looking for these.

LOL

More like the Obama Presidency of Vidya, was hyped up like hell, and then when it finally came down to it, it was average at the absolute best, and fucking awful at its worst (ie: most of the time)

halfchan template threads

Absolute cancer.

No, this was

Spore. So much potential wasted. I still despise EA bitterly.

No, your game library is.

Depression Quest

Mega Man Legends 3 is the 9/11 of vidya.

Mighty Number 9 is the 5.4/10.

How was Episode 2 a sequel? It was just an expansion pack to HL2, and one that refused to end properly at that.

That's not how you spell Spore.

Came here to post this.

Mass Effect, Skate, Assassins' Creed, Uncharted and Portal are on that list and you're asking about the Half Life shit?

For one, I don't give a shit about those franchises. How anyone could like them enough to call them their favorites is beyond me.

What exactly would qualify being 9/11? It changed the gaming scene to the worst? It was so controversial grandma could have a heart attack over it? What?

Spore feels more like the watergate of vidya, where a formerly trusted authority betrayed that trust and eradicated any positive standing it once had.

Ace Combat is a batshit insane series with orbital weapons and Flying superweapon carriers or giant Laser towers even the cruddy f2p game is bonkers. Brave Arms was going to be something like a Ace Combat X Metal Gear Rising. People were sad

Oblivion was certainly the 9/11 of RPGs.

Don't forget about how it totally did Ghost in the Shell with airplanes with some of the people working on GiTS being involved with the games development.

Mass Effect and AssCreed 'least had a promising start.

Shouldn't it be the entire industry at this point? The jews really fucked up video games just like how Jews Did 9/11.

Guild Wars 2

Ah don't remind me of the localization of 3 user, it hurts too much. Project nemo will never finish.

The entire games script is fully translated. Just download the script and read it while your playing the game. That's what I did.

More like the Orwell of video games. The entire game is a fabrication or halftruths apparently, and the main character, Venom is a schizophrenic so he can't distinguish between reality and illusions.

Skullface doesnt die, Ishmael isnt real, Big Boss couldnt have happened at the end on the motorcycle, kaz, ocelot and eli are lying to you, huey is better understood in context of working for cipher, not skullface, the entirety of paz is fake, and the holotapes which begs the question what else is fake? Theres strong implications venom hallucinated the entirety of the encounter with skullface or at least his death

On top of that, due to Hueys reactions to Venoms murdering of his soldiers and the lighting of the game Red means lie or evil intentions, Blue is truth, yellow is ally, and green are halftruths theres strong implications that something else was going on with Shining lights rather than the outbreak.

For anyone curious, the lighting thing was carried over from peacewalker. Yellow are allies of the Boss, whereas red are enemies. Kaz wears a yellow kerchief, Big boss men are often wearing yellow of some kind and the save file of the game is yellow up until the end when you "fall", in which it turns red. Then carried over to mgsv, ocelot is wearing a red scarf, kaz has a red tie, eli has the red hat on his shoulder, the third boy and the man on fire have red. The motherbase soldiers have yellow collars. We also know Kaz and Ocelot are using you and know you're not the "real big boss" even though there's strong implications you are. Theres also the 100% tape at the end of peacewalker that implies kaz was still working with cipher as well as codetalkers "eyes on kazuhira".

The whole thing feels like a misinformation game where the point is to confuse you.

On top of that the dating of the game is all over the place, between the cold war, the tech, and everything else the game feels like a propaganda film or the equivalent of psyop on Big Boss mind.

So, what you're saying is that the game is Kojima's ultimate ruse cruise.

worm on a string

Everyone was rused, even Kojima himself.

Oi m8 u cheeky cunt

its ok friend theyre here for you

No! Remove them!

It is nowhere near as fun as the adverts make it appear

I have no idea, only that the game often contradicts itself in the same scene and for a game thats story parts are well put together theres a lot of weird shit going on.

For example: Did you know that during the ground zeroes ending that the enemies Snake is shooting at when Miller calls him into the chopper disappear when the camera pans back toward motherbase? Or that enemies noclip through containers and shoot at Snake? Or somehow that Snake, the only man left alive on motherbase when sinking, who's shooting at enemies who disappear moments later, somehow doesnt die, while being the only target in sight.

Or how about how Skullface actually gets on a jeep during the mission 30 cutscene and escapes with his men? Yet somehow ends up 10 feet in the opposite direction on foot a minute later. Or that there was a c4 satchel charge on the tower that gets knocked down and traps "skullface". Or even that Skullface had apparently just touched down when you were going to meet him, but it appears he's leaving when you get there? Or that his pilot is your pilot, Pequod. Hell a lot of the struts inside okbzero during that mission only have Diamond Dogs emblems on them.

Theres also the fact that Venom is taking antipsychotics in the truth scene, or at least looks like pills for it on his medicine stand.

Theres also the fact that in the truth episode when you wake up from getting knocked out in the ambulance it's 3:06 and a helicopter was hot on your ass, it just exploded a tunnel you barely escaped from, then you crashed immediately after running into xof soldiers. But somehow Ocelot came and took big boss away at 2:45 and then came back for you at 3:06. So this helicopter that was 15 seconds away decided to go on break and not bother until they rushed to catch you around 20 minutes after? Then of course theres the fast escape you made into the tanker and to get the hell outta there with xof on your ass. But somehow Ocelot had time to bring Jack a motorcycle? The timestamps are fucked, "Jack" got shot up twice in the hospital, or the unique model he has anyway. His face has no beard then magically has one 15 seconds after, he has two eyes, he doesnt know cqc and on top of it all when you get hit in the head during the crash and clutch your head he does the same maneuver and inexplicably falls unconcious when he wasnt touched at all.

Also, Halo 2 had the best multiplayer experience, fuck you. Halo CE for that splitscreen, but I am assuming online

What are you suggesting? That Ishmael is a self-projection or psychological construct?

this game was the bomb

Either he's a creation of the third boy, because at times Venom does control him. So either Ishmael was a fabrication of Venoms mind and he was doing everything alone, or the third boy was helping with ishmael due to venoms lust for revenge.

Also, digoxin, the shit ishmael gives to you is to strengthen your heart and slow it down, it wouldnt help him move or anything. It doesnt really make sense.

Nah, that'd be Dick Kickem. Stop being such a Kojifag.

Is it like tower textured tetris pieces or something?

There are several things here that you can likely attribute to cut content leaving lots of gaps.

I still stand firm in my theory that part of the reason why shit is so jumbled and so much was cut and the game came out the way it did and Konami did what they did was because Kojima likely kept throwing a few monkey wrenches, twisting and changing the story as he got new ideas and saw new movies or whatever.

With that said, I think the first (and I guess only) story mission of Ground Zeroes was actually meant to be in Phantom Pain. Likely as an opening action/tutorial sequence. The hospital sequence we got in the actual game was likely far shorter before the idea of using Ground Zeroes as a method of monetary injection to the development and a popularity tester.
However, I do believe by the time ground zeroes rolled around, things were more finalized in terms of where the story was supposed to go, as in venom snake not being the real Big Boss and what not. But by then, things had gone on too long so anything that could have been recovered to fill in and fix the gaps and reconcile the changes just couldn't/didn't happen.

I say this because I also think that within Ground Zeroes there is supposed to be an attempt at pushing some sort of hints at just how Venom Snake could ever come to be.
Remember, every mission you do in GZ after the story mission, all that extra stuff, is done in a recreation of that base as the little title cards tell you. I think this was a sort of hint as to training that Venom Snake would have gone through to become Big Boss. The idea being that hypno-therapy and such was used and that he had never gone into a coma but was routinely brought in and out of a medically induced one.

I have a feeling that the original draft of the game, before the monkey-wrenches got thrown in, was more akin to what was seemingly promised in the trailers. An actual look into the decent into madness of Big Boss. I think that maybe part of the reason for the monkey wrench was that morality system that in all aspects seems, at best, half implemented not only in mechanic but also in story as there seems to be a clear devil vs angel aspect going on with Miller and Ocelot as they advise Venom especially in some of the earlier missions.

we're talking about 9/11, not the 7 billion.

That's because you're literally just playing with a string user, like a cat.

9/11 changed the course of global politics and United States law. To find a video game equivalent to that, you would need to point to something that changed the course of the games industry.

So I guess you would have to say the 1980s video game crash. A billion dollar industry collapsed in record time, and when it later recovered it did to with a lot of new policies put in place to safeguard against the same event happening again.

It's a bootleg port of Metal Slug, apparently.
lostmedia.wikia.com/wiki/Terrifying_9.11_(Unresurfaced_Pirated_GBC_Game;_Early_2000s)

Halo proved the concept of shooters designed specifically for consoles. That there was a way they could work, become popular, and make big bucks.
And because Halo was so hot, the expectations would be built around it.

Say hello to a decade + of 2-gun limits, always needing to reload, regenerating health, peek-a-boo fighting tactics, and of course that aim-assist.

Except that in the original ground zeroes the medic doesnt take shrapnel, as well as the fact that the game constantly reference george orwells 1984, which is literally the book on governmental lying and obsfucation. Hell, the big boss reveal and you not being big boss is called "truth". With all the heavy themes of 1984 in mgsv, it clearly alludes to the ministry of truth, which is the propaganda industry.

I do agree that the game is unfinished, but I don't think in the end Big Boss was supposed to be seen as the medic, but rather either a psychotic break from the event of ground zeroes, or some type of brainwashing to try and make him more cooperative to cipher. The ruse was just too easily seen from the beginning as well as how much stuff moves against it subtly through the game to think it was the intended final point.

O'Brien, the air conditioning on The Defiant is broken again.

GoldenEye.

Well shit, that's news to me.

You're looking too much at the completed picture and not close enough to see the brush strokes.

There are clear cracks and re-paintings of things all over the place. The fact that the bulk of Venom's lines were cut really is the biggest flag of this.
What you're seeing here is actually the culmination of two unfinished games. You can extract the bits from the whole and see what was missing to fill in the gaps here.
Another big flag of this is basically skullface and the fact that he had two separate and non-connected plans.
MGS games are actually rather predictable.
Which was hilarious in Raiden's case because a whole lot of people didn't even know what the fuck Raiden was talking about when he was trying to save them and tell them why he was there.
But the villains never have TWO plans.
Skullface wanted to saturate the world with nukes that he/cipher would ultimately control.
Skullface also wanted to spread some sort of parasite to destroy every body who spoke the english language.
It wasn't a case of us speculating the first and then discovering the second, it was flat out told that those were both his plans.

A big red flag is especially present in the Ishmael and Ahab stuff. That flag pretty much raised when there are no more references to Ishmael or Venom as Ahab in the rest of the game. I think there might be one more off-hand remark about it but its not a constant reference.
I could actually do a pretty big write-up about all of these things that seem like two different games were smashed together as best as possible by Kojipro after Konami brought the hammer down but its late and this is not what this thread is about.

You're missing the scale here. Goldeneye is the bombings in the WTC basements in the 90's. Halo is the plane crashing into North Tower.

Except by that logic why add in the double idea and then give subtle hints that its not actually true? You're trying to claim the inconsistincies within the same scenes are somehow irrelevant because the game is unfinished. True the game is unfinished, but it doesn't change the fact that Kojima made two separate missions in the hospital which contradict themselves in the same mission and give clear indications there are lies. On top of the 1984 symbolism and Venoms schizophrenia, its obvious this was intended. Whether the game is unfinished or not doesnt change that fact.

As for the ahab and ishmael stuff its already been said the original ishmael was meant to be huey but he didnt want it to be too anti Big Boss and pro america. It still doesnt change what he did in the scenes in the missions though.

Skullface had one plan. It was all one overarching plan.
His plan is pretty straightforward. On top of that the Z moment is the parasites as the actual nukes moment you're talking about.

You're misunderstanding me.
There are clear attempts to try to reconcile shit. What you described in your first paragraph there is part of those reconciliations.
The easiest and oldest way to hand-wave plot holes and inconsistencies away is the "It was all a dream" or "its all in his crazy head".
When I'm referencing the game as "unfinished" it is in the way that the reconciliations of the existing assets and plot with the new stuff wasn't ever finished. The game is essentially Colby Jack cheese because of this. In part and up close in small sections things seem to be fairly uniform but when you pull back you can see a whole product but it is of some mixture.

And no, you're wrong. It is clear there are two plans. Probably because skullface, as a villain, was changed as a result of that "second draft" of the game coming into being.
The parasites are not a "new nuke" they are the secondary plan. He wanted to control the world but he also apparently had some long standing grudge against the english language.
The reconciliation here in his character is that he was going to do BOTH plans and that way you can keep a bunch of those other missions and have a bigger game to give to people.
Modern games, like movies, aren't really developed linearly. Considering where skullface is taken out but the parasite plot seems to live on, there is a possibility that the later parasite stuff should have come earlier in one of the versions of the game.
In regards to skullface, I see two versions of the character that were merged.
I also think that maybe a good amount of content that never made it out of the script or story-board phase may have involved more of cipher/zero, in both "drafts" of the game.
This is big in the parasite plot where you have the indian guy saying "Eyes on Kazuhuri" as if Kazuhuri is once again dicking around with people he really shouldn't. But it goes nowhere.

Eh, no matter how I slice it I just see two different games with two different plotlines being mashed together.

spore

Clearly the launch of Xbone.
It fits since only americans care about it.