The year is 1998

The year is 1998.

Which are you playing? Which is better? Which company (Blizzard or Westwood) do you like the most?

Were you even aware of the short-lived rivalry between C&C and Starcraft/Warcraft?

My older brother was usually in charge of which new games we bought, since I tended to have shit taste. I was seven years old and got my dad to buy us "Zoop" on SNES rather than the Power Rangers game.

So when Starcraft came out, he hopped on it as soon as possible, became a fanboy, and actively hated C&C because I thought it looked cool. Still haven't played it to this day.

inb4 nice blog fgt

StarCraft until red alert 2 dropped, and then the contest was over.

I always preferred Command and Conquer simply because of the FMVs

I played them alot when they first came out but there's no way I could play them now.
I'm in awe of people who can play the same game all their life.

I was playing Starsiege: Tribes. RTS games are for faggots.

nice dubs thread btw

starcraft because the custom maps and multiplayer in general was 10x better.

A few years before that I was "playing" C&C in kindergarten with pen and paper. I hadn't even played the game myself, only seen someone else playing it. All my kindergarten friends played it with paper as well. I think I still have some drawings left lying around somewhere at my parents place. Good times.

I hadn't even heard of Starcraft before I was already playing WC3.

No thanks

It released in 1998 m8.

Nice sage btw

Excited to start high school in a few months?

You tell me

Nice blogpost user

Command and Conquer (at the time) was always better than Starcraft or Warcraft.

THIS

Thread/

Since we're on the topic of old vidya, perhaps user could help me. There is this game I can't quite recall the name off.
It was an RTS, in a post apocalyptic setting if I recall correctly.
One of the things that stands out in memory is that to get resources you had to send a special unit into bombed out banks and shit.
Otherwise I think it was pretty run of the mill.

i played SC:BW back in the day and SC2 up until HOTS

i played SC because the competitive scene was better. i only ever got as high as diamond league in SC2.

Red Alert had

My weeb nigga.

Better finish your homework, kiddo, you might get a bad mark on your report card and your parents will be upset :^(

ak47s for Every One!

How low can you go ?

Imported Japanese Dreamcast

Sonic Adventure

I was playing Starcraft and loved it because I had played Warcraft before.

Recently replayed Starcraft and have gotten over the nostalgia - it's pretty awful.

Acquired Command & Conquer, fun as hell. That's my new fave. Can't wait to get into Red Alert.

Uh OP, you forgot the REAL rivalry of '98.