Darkrai Confirmed for Pokken Tournament

He's a Stand User

Heres Gameplay of him in action

Is he going to be free?

In the arcade version yah hes free from what im reading

Into the trash it goes.

I'm glad I bought this at launch. Fuck you.

this is bliss

Who cares, the NX is dead.

Still hoping for Lopunny to be the capo fighter, but Darkrai is pretty cool. Has a Mu/Strange projectile set up thing going on and I love that shit.

How can something be dead if it's not even alive yet?

btw the other 2 fighters that are datamined are going to be

Empoleon

and

Scizor

Theres 1 extra slot after that. Hoping its a pokemon from Gen 7

Weren't they support?

inb4 its the bear

Scizor a shit though.

No, supports when data mined come in 2 packs

the files for Scizor and Empleon came in separate files

Ah, ok. Nice then. Empoleon is one of my fave water starters and Scizor will always be the GOAT steel type (even if I prefer Scyther's design)

Also Analysing the footage right now

The glowing cirlces are the dimensional tears he can do max is for(They're just lasers when activated)

Also how the whole stage glows it basically means he gets the Phase Shift Or a Bonus moveset and its a move enhancer

I didn't realize Empleon was that popular.

Neither did I, I was expecting Feraligatr too.

I mean I did pick Piplup in Pearl but that's because I like burbs, Torterra is GOAT though.

my nigga

whilst they're adding new characters that have actual complexity can they make sure the older characters can keep up with them?

Most of the arcade launch characters have terrible matchups against the pokemons that's been added since then

The only annoying character I have against is Suicune and Blaziken thats as much

Machamp still loses to almost all the other characters with projectiles

Blaziken gets absolutely ripped apart by Chandelure thanks to a single move and its kinda depressing to see.

Chandlure is just god damn annoying almost all his moves counter pierce so you cant counter attack dash cancel, Plus over heat and that half screen command grab, No wonder hes considered S-tier

Machamp is still the only character worth using. Fuck this shit.

do you really suck that bad? Start throwing rocks, you pleb.

Why even have it be a pokemon fighting game if it's just gonna be with vaugely monster looking humanoids that do the same shit you can do in any other fighting game?

Because fighting types are the only pokemon that fight each other?

I dont play Machamp. I play Gengar its the most easiest matchup for Gengar because I have Shadow Punch Shadow ball I can even duck under his counter attack and get a free grab

You're the type of people who don't think outside the box at board meetings and get fired ASAP

I just spam future sight and ranged attacks as gardevoir, this changes nothing.

I want beedrill or vespiquen to be a thing.

Or kabutops. Kabutop-tier.

Looks like something on a phone.
Someone post the bird with testicles.

It may not be popularity but Empoleon's design lends itself to potentially interesting movesets with its hands basically being swords and since it's a penguin it could have an charge attack sliding on its belly.

Yeah, he uses Dark Void and gets the powered up moveset until the phase shifts back to field. I guess it's his forwards special.

He looks cool but I don't think I'd drop Libre for anything but one my absolute favourites.

my niglet

He also has high stances and low stances like Chandalure and Gengar so that's a +1 in my book

Yeah, the floating is cool. I hope there's a way you can get him to stand on his legs during a match and not just in the win screen because that's the dumbest/coolest thing about him.

What the fuck is Darkrai even supposed to be?

The Grim fucking reaper

Still don't care.

a nightmare

A nightmarish apparition?

My best guess is that he's a representation of the fucked-up shit you see while experiencing a nightmare/ sleep paralysis. His ability, bad dreams is based on the SUDNS (Sudden unexpected nocturnal death syndrome), where people basically just fucking die while sleeping, and also probably the basics of Freddy Krueger. So he's basically every nightmare concept rolled into one.

Truly a fate worse than death

have you ever had the whole of a vagina stretched over your head?

it's like you can't read

It's like I'm really reading damage control

You and your kind are why this game is a piece of shit.

If i wanted this shit ,I'd play smash bros.

Machamp and gengar are about the only two pokemon worth playing as.

What the fuck is the point of a fighting game if the only pokemon that are gonna be in it are shit that generic fighting game characters could do just as well?

It's a total waste of the concept, and you should feel bad for thinking it was a good idea.

Didn't mean to hit post yet

Exactly, so why fucking bother when tekken already exists. It'd be the exact same shit just with different models.

Scizor has a mega. No clue on why they picked Empoleon though.

Yet at the same time they used Pikachu-Libre instead of Hawlucha.

So instead of a game where the less-popular characters get to have some time in the spotlight, we just get another game where Pikachu and a literal Pikachu clone get to be on every advertisement forever.
The concept is already wasted on only using poster-child pokemon instead of pokemon that embody the art of fighting with many different individuals.

But I'll be fair, best-case scenario is that Hawlucha shows up in that last unfilled character select slot with a lot of high-flying lucha libre moves while Pikachu and Machamp share the pro-wres techniques.

I wouldn't mind Pika-Libre if it was the only non-fighting type character in the game, it would be funny, but having Pikachu and !Pikachu in the same game is crossing the line.

God How about no we pick pokemon that the devs create instead of going for brain-dead ideas

Originality in the fucking trash

Blaizken is also a Fighting type not to mention Both the Mega Mew2 X forms which also count as fighting type.

Also all the pokemon on the Roster fit Playstyle rollers Zoners UpClose Mix up/Tricky
Speedy/Traps and Power type

I understand how you feel in that when I was hyped for Pokken, I was expecting Tekken with Pokemon, but it turned into Tekken with Pokemon plus Virtual On (gameplay not aesthetics) and a super move. The result is actually pretty damn fun and a much deeper game than fucking Smash Bros.

Also lets not forget fighting Pokemon are fucking stupid.

Anyone want to play a few rounds?

spoiler]I'm not too great, only just beat the blue league.[/spoiler]

Most of the pokken action is on the fighting game thread, but that has been so inconsistent for a fucking week I dont know which thread is which

I'm not saying anything about poopularity, i'm just saying it's a waste of the idea of a pokemon fighting game to only have fighting types when anything a fighting type pokemon would offer, a generic figfhting game character in Tekken or SF could also do.

Also, yhere are plenty of less popular pokemon in pokken. The game's roster is actually really well balanced as far as typings and demographics go, Libre and Shadowtwo aside:

Pikachu, Mewtwo, Charizard, Lucario

Gengar, Gardevoir, Blaziken, Garchomp, Scizor

Weavile, Machamp, Sceptile, Darkrai, Suicuine

Chandelure, Empolen

Just replace Shadowtwo and Libre with Ursaring and Hawlucha, and then use the last open slot for a rock type, and the roster is pretty much perfect

Ursaring has no shot in Hell of being in this game.

One of tekken's character mainstays is litterally just a bear

Yah no Hawlucha is slowly becoming Ridley tier at this point to me.

Its a 3D Space into a 2D Fighter He'll be limited on how he moves dumbass

I ain't mad about how it plays or it not being just fighting based pokemon. I'm mad because there are so fucking many pokemon, but with the exception of about 6, ALL the pokemon in this game are in smash bros.

Assists are for fucking retards you handicapped fuck

-Blaziken
-Machamp
-Garchomp
-Gengar
-Chandelure
-Sceptile
-Empoleon

These are the only pokemon on the roster who aren't in smash bros and the roster prospers for it because, look at that, people actually fucking like them instead of getting 500 fucking pikachus or furfaggot bait.

I'll take that as a no and that you're actually an ass born child with shit taste.

The main benefit of "fighting type pokemon only" would be preventing the roster from turning into "smash bros and friends". I didn't give a shit about it letting non fighting pokemon in, but I knew it raised the chances of it becoming a shitty roster and look at that, this roster fucking sucks.

have fun losing your matchups retard.

Jesus fuck, not again…

you are a plebian.

My ass; have you ever played Tekken?

Nice shitposting.

hey cheer up

at least you aren't doing mods of Pokken with him being playable

Only if it requires shelling out $1500 for a devkit, like their current systems.

I know this is bait but you need to leave

Gardevoir is truly bliss.

Idiots I tell you. Theres no confirmed tier list and I like it that way

But anyway Braixen player from Japan won EVO.

Year of the furfags begin.

wait shit ment to reply to

You forgot to sage, faggot.

Gardevoir is actually fun to play.
Not really into Zoning but getting better with her.
Not to mention that voice is so Ara~

Fugg.

almost enough to make me reconsider Gardevoir as my favorite poke tbqh flem

I wouldn't care about you weebs if your taste wasn't more offensive than a diaper fetishist

power cord yeti needs more love