Verdun Thread

Since I don't know what the fuck BF1 is but it sure as hell not WW1, how about we talk about that "OTHER" WW1 FPS?

Also this game would be a billion times better without Unity, although same could be said for any Unity game

Other urls found in this thread:

kat.cr/verdun-v252-multiplayer-t12595801.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It is complete shit, thank jeebus for refunds.

This. I'm glad a competent studio like DICE is finally taking on the time period.

Is this the one for free on steam where you ride bycicles?

You have to leave

Are you incapable of using your brain? Because I dislike one game, I must be sucking DICE's cock?

That's Heroes & Generals.
Different war too.

Haven't played it, don't really like killing people. I don't watch tv, no news, don't talk to students, so I see people as people.

Or rather soldiers as people. No problem at all shooting students. Sights would have a picture of what exists by them, animals howling in pain etc. Wouldn't be enough bullets. No satisfaction killing them in a game and their presence in a game would invalidate it.

Better games are made to be good/evil.
Effort going into what is in them being immense. Don't need combat, story in itself why go forward. No matter how muh effort things could be deficient. Not helping places but confirming the existance of them and they you.

Could make games and the what to do figured out by the player. It not prepared. Interactions with the environment could aid it or cause conflicts and confrontations or systems hamper freedom by their form, unintended of course. So slay all that. Every religion forming. All parasitism. Enjoy seeing some places totally pure of all that filth.

Devs unfortunately even in trying their best having that student filth in their system.

That said could easily justify killing soldiers, after all they are trying to kill you. Would start with the people saying kill though, and everyone staying behind. Would have to wipe out the "war effort" before going to war. Killing the pretend soldiers to get past them and wipe out their "war effort" too. Any consider that somehow wrong they are a part of it, exit them too.

What if you had to kill the big bosses of the countries in order to stop the massacres of innocent soldiers?

A bot that was triggered by "FPS"?

He seems to be the same guy who was sperging out in MonHun thread couple of days about how it is wrong to kill monsters in those games.

I think he must be legitimately autistic or something.

Legit autism? On this board of all places?

I like it, but or there is some terrible problem with my connection or the game is a lagfest with terrible hit detection.
It's probably the only thing which will ever resemble a "proper" WW1 game without pandering but as it is now, i can't really play it.

That's what you get for playing on a european server.

Not my fault i am an europoor user

Oh, I assumed you were a burger. I always see Americans and Brazilians on the Dutch server shitting everything up.
Do they even have any other servers?

Good to see the BF1 shills are here en force.

Verdun is a pretty damn fun game. You really have to git gud to be at all useful but even when I was doing shit I was having fun. It's definitely not a shooter for the crowd who like arena shooters and e-sports but honestly that's why it's good. It's pretty refreshing to see a game that doesn't give a shit about that crowd and just focuses on doing its setting justice.

Thoughts on Verdun:

Hit detection and lag are still a bit of a problem sometimes but generally fine.

Entente seem to generally have easier weapons - really good handguns, can hipfire MGs, shotgun, BAR, etc. Central Powers is more skill-based with shit handguns and mainly bolt action rifles. They do have better machine guns though. Can't fire without deploying but are more accurate and lethal.

Reflexes, a bit of prediction & awareness, and good position are the name of the game as far as direct combat goes; overall match victory is largely a matter of teamwork.

The best squad with veteran players is Alpenjaeger, which noobs usually disdain because it's all riflemen and they don't realize how damn good recon planes + spawning on any teammate + three bayonets really are. A good Alpenjaeger squad is near-impossible to dislodge and can lock down a huge area of the map.

OH and yeah, the userbase is pretty fash, especially on Central Powers, which is nice. No normalfags.

The laugh I had alone made buying the game worth it.

I like Verdun but it feels like it's missing something. I can't put my finger on it but it's not as satisfying or fun as it could be, and I've honestly spent months trying to figure out what it is

Gore? Mud that drowns you? Map sizes?

Bots or larger teams? It feels fucking empty even with a full team.

I don't know, when servers are full it feels a bit cramped. Although servers are never full these days.

Although just thought of destructible environments? I am honestly sick to fucking death that a bit of wood constantly stops my bullets.

Sometimes it works. Had some tense moments with rifle deathmatch a year or so ago.
Sneaking around in no mans land trying to spot one of the other two people on the map. Letting the loneliness and vulnerabillity flush over you. Then almost shitting yourself when you hear a gunshot in the distance.
It was pretty immersive fun.

Of course now rifle deathmatch is just run & gun.

Verdun was really fun, but my graphics card is older, one day the game ran fine, then an update came and it no longer runs on my computer. Life is suffering.

Anyway, this game is great. At full games and with a proper team it can be both slow and tactical but also fast with trench fights. The only problem is that some maps are unbearable for a certain class and the lack of popularity

This is the same guy from the monhun thread, isn't it?

I wanted to love this game, I even bought it on release day. But its just comes of as a bad clone of RO. Plus its runs like crap, or at least it did last time I played it more then a year ago now.

How do I play this? I always die and can rarely seem to see any enemies that are far away without looking long enough to get shot.

git gud
nah seriously, learn to not stick your head up like a retard
this is not like other fps games, you will be punished for not being careful

Where am I supposed to shoot?

find a class and weapon that suits you
If you can be patient and careful, rifles and sniping might work
If not, trench guns, pistols, work for those who rush trenches and attempt to hold them
There's also machine guns for suppression play
for rifles, get good at at concealment and watch the horizon for movement
for pistols and shotguns watch the mini map for where you have no teammates as that normally signals a breach in a friendly trench
you won't make any friends with sniping

Congratulations, that's exactly how soldiers in WW I felt on the battlefield. You're doing just fine.

So who likes to advance under the cover of gas attack and get close enough to give the enemy the bayonet?

me
German gas masks are awful though
Gas is also the easiest way to enter an enemy trench if you're willing to be blind for a bit

Sure feels less dirty than lying around 200 meters away from the trenches sniping heads after heads.

Just thought of what Verdun needs; weather. In particular rain making mud treacherous and slippery.

Kek'd

Prefer smoke, or Aufklaerer with some flank 'n' shank action.

*Jesus

You fucking blasphemer.
Do not use the name of the LORD in vain.

(((jesus))) was a hook-nosed kike subhuman, just like all kikes

Filtered.

VERDUN TORRENT
kat.cr/verdun-v252-multiplayer-t12595801.html

How's the weather in Tel Aviv, Mordecai?

mein neger

It's a somewhat playable broken mess that can be sometimes enjoyable at best. Still better than Niggerfield 1

seems fun, but keeps fucking crashing every half hour or so.
does feel a bit unfinished and the machinegun deployment is awful.

Do not talk to me or my god's prophet ever again!

BF1 may not be a good ww1 game, but who cares, it's not like it's a fucking documentary or something, it's a video game. Just look at this fucking game. I've never seen a game look this beautiful. Plus the alpha has been really fun to be honest lads.

Fuck EA, but fuck big oil too, I still buy gas from them.

Hello mr.shill

You're a fucking faggot. Not everyone that likes something you dislike is a shill. Your type is without a doubt one of the big contributing factors in what is destroying this site. All you niggers do is cry shill and then use sage as a downvote. Go back to fucking plebbit.

unity has nothing to do with a bad game being bad, it's always the developers fault the fucking retard. Dont let shitty developers blame their crap on the engine they chose.

Instant respawn times to really give that meatgrinder feeling.

How much are EA paying you per post

WIBBLE

Aren't you that faggot that was trying to get people to not pirate Verdun in this post here, ?

And you're calling me a shill? Eat a fucking dick, nigger.

This goy right here.

No, what it needs is trench rats

I'm trying to get people to not torrent a decent game that I genuinely like, a game with an already small fan base
You're shilling for a AAA game from fuckign EA on Holla Forums of all places, a game that's not even out yet
Kill yourself, my man

shilling is shilling, no matter how great of a cause you think it is

I'm open about my shilling at least m8