forums.totalwar.com/discussion/180618/quick-q-a-call-of-the-beastmen/p1?new=1
please
archive.is/I7KkH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Make a thread when denuvo gets cracked.

Somethings aren't crackable.

Not yet, anyway

I believe in slav magic.

We all do. Slavs make excellent wizards.

Also, what magical lores do the Beastmen have in tabletop? Could we get a new lore for TW:W?

I've only played Shogun 2 and very recently Medieval 2. I like them both quite a bit in different ways. Shogun 2's controls are nicer and it has a more consistent art style with better music, but Medieval 2 has more going on outside of the battles, and inside the battles the maps are a lot better because the cities actually look like cities rather than shitty barren forts.

As for the modern stuff, I don't buy denuvo games. I bought both Shogun and Medieval so I don't mean that I pirate everything, but I refuse to buy anything that can't be pirated because then there's no way for someone to properly demo the game before giving devs their money for it.

Lore of Beasts, which will be FLC. Beastmen have their own special magic too but I dunno about that.

So what type of magic is the Lore of Beasts? I'd imagine it'd be something like the Big Waagh! where it's either direct damage spells and combat buffs

Buffs that work better on cavalry/actual animals.

The special Bestman magic is Lore of the Wild which also works better on beasts and is more offensive. The ultimate spell lets you summon a giant(!).

Having giant boars and Cygors aren't enough for them, it seems.

I just downloaded it yesterday.

High Elves are best.

One giant bullshit.
They said I am getting knights and I want it. Not by some mod but fully developed.

Well at least they will be enough assholes to make Beastmen in update but unplayable. I want them in the world but have no intention of playing them.

To be fair, I don't understand why they don't finish Bretonnia first either. All it needs is a tech tree and a few quest battles.

At this point, CA is becoming a new Bethesda where they rely on the modders too much.

Most likely because they have no reason to do it. There is mod to play them and they won't get paid for doing it.

Ok you reminded me why I even am in this thread.
The reason I bought TW:W was because mods. I don't care about how they will fuck up there will be a mod to fix it.
Of course I fucked up by not checking if they will release any modding tools for it.
I was more or less right. I am calling out bullshit with my previous post, but I am able to play Bretonnia in some way. I got what I expected to get.

So yeah they are relying on mods too much.

Sage for double and blog post.

The mod I use for Bretonnia is okay, but yeah some quests, and unique tech/general trees would be nice. Also Knight Errants and Pilgrims.

Of course they are adding the Bret's for free last I heard, they just aren't going to be first I guess. Most likely due to how fucking easy they'd have it considering the only threat to them currently at the start is maybe the Vampire Bret's. Beastmen would solve this problem, as would wood elves.

Could give a fuck about Beastmen, I don't like playing Hordes. But Man it's weird to see beastmen first. They are the least popular fantasy race next to chaos dwarf.

I saw a 30 min vid of some dude defending his town and got really interested. How good is it anyway? I see it recommended a lot in relation to strategy games.

Its medieval 2 taken to the limits of its capability. It's something any fan of warhammer fantasy or Total war should check out. Just make sure you save often. It was prone to crashing every so often when I played.

Sheeeiiiit

Sounds interesting. Thanks for the info.

Here's the WebM

I had a Helstorm rocket battery kill 900 dwarves during a fort siege. Don't fuck with Wissenland.

This raises a question.
Are there Juggernauts?

One thing I miss in TW:W is rest of chaos beasts and dragons.

Only the best of goys paid 60 burger bucks for this denuvo DLCfest.

Only 8? You are underestimating Sega and CA here friend.

There are anons on Holla Forums right now that will defend this.

but goy, we fixed warscape!
don't play those silly medieval 2 mods, it's such an outdated game

Anyone who's dumb enough to have bought the base game like me will defend that it's fun to play but no one will defend the shitty practices. When it's complete it'll be worth the pirate.

On a side note, this is a really good Youtube channel with content from the End Times mod and Total WaWa. The guy actually discusses the lore and has the most interesting Let's Play I've ever seen, where he actually roleplays as Sigvald.

0/10 completely shit trailer with no plot, no music, no memorable setting, no fucking anything

So glad I didn't buy this shit game

That would make sense if the trailer didnt have a good 30 year lore behind it to explain what is happenign and why.

Nah, that is definitely too much.

Base game is still fun though, suck my dillz.

meh

kek, somebody made an analysis of the Beastmen faction. It's got 15 units when the average for the other factions is around 20-30.

A Cygor is the giant in question. The spell summons a Cygor

It's unfortunate, but the only real solution is to wait a year or so after release, once a big sale goes on with all the DLC released. You don't need to pay all that money to play it, you just need it to play it NOW

oh right, can't be hypocritical now can we, those grapes were probably sour

Link?

Aren't Cygors anti-magic?

I think I'll keep referring to my webms to the pair of you redditors.

You can bitch about Bretonnia and Chaos, but Beastmen are completely new, otherwise we'd have had assets for them already in the game.

Earn that paycheck.

Never said or implied any of that. I just think you're a big faggot for calling someone out for a "fallacy" when you're literally just posting webms and saying "GAME=BAD"
This post here that I'm replying to isn't as faggoty, as you're actually making arguments now such as CA's jewish tactics. Indeed not supporting their games makes plenty of sense and is indeed a wise decision. Like, I agree with you completely there, I'd just appreciate if you made more quality posts like this as opposed to just a bunch of webms of people laughing.

Why exactly can't we have a full game with all the major warhammer factions?

youtube.com/watch?v=nXDwIo5_AMo

That's been the question since who-knows-how-long now. DLC was a mistake.

As a counterpoint, all the armies in the base game are padded out with tons of basically identical minor variations of units, like night goblins with and without fanatics, the entire savage orc line, almost every dwarf unit having a great weapon variant, and the like.

As a counter-counterpoint, the Beastmen list looks to be even more guilty of this than the dwarves with four versions of ungors, two versions of gors, and three versions of centigors and minotaurs.

Fuck, imagine if Medieval Kingdoms came out today. Then: 30 bucks for 4 fully fleshed out campaigns. Now: 20 bucks for each campaign on a scaled-up GC map.

Ehh, I'd say Savage Orcs are distinct enough from regular Orcs. Fanatics I agree with.

They give wizards an extra chance to fumble their spells

Why indeed, user.

Technically the base game had all the major factions short of Skaven and Chaos being DLC. All the other factions are basically sideshows in Fantasy, it's not like 40k with interesting stories happening all over the galaxy, the further you get from the Empire the less anything that happens matters.

and this is why I'll never buy another CA game ever again. Kingdoms was too good.

High Elves?
Dark Elves?
Wood Elves?
Araby?
An actual Border Princes/Tilea/Estalia/Kislev Roster that isn't just Empire infantry?
Lizardmen?
Chaos Demons?
Actual Bretonnia?

Araby is not a real faction and the Chaos/Chaos Demon split is just bullshit.

If it were one or two Savage Orc units I'd agree but I really don't think they needed Savage Orcs, Savage Orc archers, Savage orc boar boys, savage orc biguns, AND savage orc boar boy biguns, especially when they're all recruited from the same one or two buildings crammed in one province way in the corner of the map.

Keep telling yourself that.

Just because we hear next to nothing about Araby, Indus, Cathy and Nippon doesn't mean they don't exist.

Only one of those that comes close to being a major faction is unfortunately Wood Elves and only because they're right next to the Empire and their queen was like queen of all elves or some bullshit. The rest basically never interact with each other outside tiny spheres or were never developed beyond footnotes in other factions' books. High and Dark elves do nothing but fight each other over who gets to be king fag of fag island, Lizardmen just sit in the jungle and want to be left alone, Chaos Demons can't do shit without regular human chaos forces opening the way for them and should have been part of one army list, Bretonnia is just a bunch of frenchies and Araby, Border Princes, Tilea, Estalia and Kislev never even had official army rosters.

Does EMPIRE TW have a 16th century mod?

The time where the spanish empire was fucking up aztecs and other native amerians?

It does in fact, but I have no idea how good it is.

moddb.com/mods/colonialism-1600ad-work-in-progress

hmmm, I did see that listed in moddb on top mods but I skipped it cause it's 17th century. doesn't seem to have the aztec faction

What kind of retarded priotrity in DLC is this?

More info:
forums.totalwar.com/discussion/180618/quick-q-a-call-of-the-beastmen/p1?new=1

Can't say I'm impressed. I understand a studio needs to keep its artists and such busy but these mini-campaigns are 90% shit.

Call me when it's cracked.

Retards on the steam forum are defending the price. Kill me.

Beastmen 2 Electric Boogaloo with more units when

If they had a fully fleshed out roster for the beastmen and bretonnia while also encluding the Wood Elves, I'd be fine with the price.

"One unit costs as much as the artwork for an entire DLC"

I think CA might be doing something wrong then.

Fuck, I never even thought of that.

Isn't CA now being bankrolled by both GW and 343i? CA is making Halo Wars 2, so they should have some money to make some new units.

They shoyld have plenty of dosh, considering that WarHammer has been the fastest selling TW game. (sauce:please use archive.is/total-war-warhammer-is-the-fastest-selling-total-war/)

Question is, how expensive was the artwork in Charlemagne?

They're not, and when you break it down it actually makes sense.

Adding a new unit requires (Assuming you DON'T have to do the concept art beforehand, which you usually do):

1. Sculpting the high poly mesh in ZBrush
2. Retopologizing it and creating multile low poly LODs and unwrapping the UVs
3. Texturing
4. Rigging
5. Creating dozens of animations for it (Perhaps even bringing in actors for MoCap)
6. Coding in any special abilities (They said each unit is unique and elaborate so this could
take months)
7. Recording sound clips (Hire and bring in the actors, schedule time in a recording studio, make sure the schedules match)
7. Testing the unit and making sure it doesn't break the game

While a mini-campaign requires:
1. Drawing some campaign art

Creating new enemies / units is extremely time and money consuming.

I'm not going to defend jewish practices but it's true that different factions in total war would take alot more effort than in other total war games. Hell most of the other total war games would consist of the same armies for all factions with maybe a one or two unit difference if you're lucky and just stat changes to existing units if you're unlucky.
Don't buy this game. I have to add that because you're not allowed to talk well about a video game the hive-mind hates.

I guarantee you that they used existing animations for regular Gors and Ungors in all likelyhood. Probably some repurposed stuff for the Minotaurs too.

CA, YOU ABSOLUTE MADMEN
archive.is/I7KkH

Oy Vey

Is this Total War or some fucking RPG/TPS? How can a franchise lose itself so hard?

Another day, another Total War shill thread.

Because evil is a real force in the world

If I've never played a total war game, where's the best place to start?

Rome 1 and Medieval 2 are considered the pinnacle of the franchise and have the most and best mods.

Shogun 2 isn't that bad either but suffers from being made in the Warscape engine.

Rome 1 and Medieval 2 are the heart and soul of the franchise, but Shogan 2 is usually the go-to for beginners.

Rome 1 and Medieval 2

That trailer was kinda lackluster knowing how fucked up the Beastmen are. The Empire killed more Goatmen in the trailer than vice-versa.

It could've been better, that's for sure. It should've followed the letter to the huntsmarshal that CA released a week or so ago.

the mindset behind CA is the race itself is 10 bux but the mini campaign is another 10

enjoy the death of your HD

but denuvo was only allegedly causing problems to SSD's and even then it was on sketchy evidence from retards and not from anyone who actually has used denuvo for a proper comparison of with and without

Have a screenshot and a bump to piss off autists.