BETHESDA PLAGIARISES A FALLOUT NEW VEGAS MOD

moddb.com/mods/autumn-leaves/news/big-publishers-and-a-small-mod

rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/bethesda-has-stolen-an-entire-questline-from-popular-mod-autumn-leaves.109860/

rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/fallout-autumn-leaves-mod-for-fo-nv.92540/

Pic kinda related

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/7070/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36922/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12683/?
copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html#mywork
youtu.be/bvHE2Scq4Ms?t=163
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Come on guys, we love hating on bethesda, remember? Hate? Fun? Any of it?

Fuck off, funlover.

That's fucking low. Even for a company as bad as Bethesda.

Your trips don't intimidate me.

Make your own game instead of making content for someone else, cucks.

Except they did.

This tbh. Get a life autists.

What else is there to say? Bethesda is an awful shitty company. All this does is give me one more reason to never trust anything they say or do again.

Not as bad as Notch banning mods because he's too lazy to deliver on the modding API, forcing people to hack into the game and build it themselves every time he updates, and then going and stealing the content from the mods for his updates.

THIS ISN'T ABOUT THE SWEDISH FATMAN

Why are you acting like this is anything new? I mean have you played Fallout 4? Half of that fucking game is New Vegas mods.

He always credited the mods he copied, and asked the authors for permission.

(checked)
Bethesda blatantly ripping off content from the modding community ,slapping a price on it and selling it as DLC?

Say it isn't so…

Why would I?
Why would anyone?

It's worth a torrent if you disable essential npcs and play your own character.

Naw.

based Bethesda

Unless they stole the actual work in some way they did nothing wrong. The dialog wasn't copied, they probably built the level themselves. It's obviously a ripoff but you can't call it plagiarism in any legal sense.

I'm normally one to defend Bethesda for taking stuff from mods and implementing it into their games (only gameplay mechanics and features) but this is absolutely unforgivable.

I hope this story spreads out more.

Personally I'm of the opinion that something existing shouldn't stop someone else from making something similar, specifically in terms of creative content.

I don't like the idea that someone could make a story/game/quest whatever that could use some improvement but that no one else is ever allowed to make their own (hopefully) improved version of it. Like the idea is forever dead because it wasn't executed flawlessly the first time.

Legally that's exactly how it is with intellectual property.

I am only here for the waifus.

TODD DOES IT AGAIN

BETHESDA YES

the sad thing is it works until the picture's deleted

I agree, but I'm not talking about this from a legal standpoint. I think that Bethesda ought to give credit to the modder for what they made if they're going to copy it so blatantly.

It also has a lot less value to me as a consumer because why would I pay for a DLC with a quest that I've already experienced through a free mod for a better game.

This is what happens when you use someone's work to mod, they can just take it for themselves whenever they want.

That's satire, right?

Yeah.
1st person plural.

I don't think so, I know people that legitimately dislike FNV for being "less apocalyptic" and having lots of factions that weren't in Fallout 3 like the NCR and Caesar's Legion.

ara please such as 8, 15, or 43

kek

Read the fine print, Bethesda stole nothing.

What did you expect?
Remember settlement system?

nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/7070/?
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/36922/?
nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12683/?

I remember having it in Fallout 3.

Shills have been using a script that notifies them when a new topic is made. We've seen this shit on Holla Forums but we constantly called it out. Not as much of a problem. Beware the shill.

Entire Fallout 4 is just mods for Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3.

There's nothing original in it.

That would be most likely the best ES game since Morrowind.

Literally no way to protect a mod from being stolen by a developer unless you create copyrighted content. Kikes at Paradox and probably Bethesda ban mods that do that.

Actually you can claim intellectual property on the storyline

I knew you were always right, brother Holla Forums, Holla Forums's only ally.

Mod maker is using Bethesda IP. Bethesda owns all derivative works of their IP. Deal with it, or don't make mods based on other people's work. Also, crazy brain robots already existed in the Fallout lore prior to the mod being made. Crazy brain robot that does art even. It's more likely IMO that both came inspired from similar source material. If 100 people were to come up ideas for 100 new vault there would probably be a ton of overlap, and, knowing Fallout lore with the brain bots, if this vault had not existed yet, more than a few would have likely suggested it.

EULAs aren't exactly legally foolproof, user.

Why? It's been over 200 years since the bombs fell, I would expect society to rebuild quite a bit by that time. NV was a prefect example of this. The settlements and factions were fucking great and gave a sense of society being rebuilt and even coming together to create political systems with the factions. it's not gonna stay an empty wasteland forever.
Are fans of 3 and 4 this fucking retarded?

Anyway, thanks Todd for your lecture on your being a good person. Hope you keep having fun killing and cannibalizing every company you work with.

GENIUS.

Consider that all those workshop dlcs are already ripoffs of other mods.

You seriously asking?

You don't seem to understand copyright law. Everything you write is automatically copyrighted unless you explicitly say otherwise.

Notch never banned any mods, what are you smoking? The claims of an API that were never delivered upon weren't really needed anyway. That game is super easy to alter as it is.

Also, I remember they bought BitBucket right? Pretty sure nothing ever came of that either.

How to win over bethesda:
1. Don't make mods for their games
2. Don't buy their games
3. Don't even play or pirate their games
4. Encourage such attitude to other people

That's how you win over bethesda's bullshit. Also console mods actually forced some mod authors to conceal their mods from other people and discouraged them from making more.

Good riddance the salt party is still going.

Whoops, I mean Bukket, not BitBucket.

You linked to people with two different IDs. Todd is a hivemind now?

How to have legal protection for your work: make original work. Don't base your work on other people's IP and expect to have any kind of protection or sympathy when all of your effort ends up being owned by the person who owns the IP you infringed on.

And yes, you aren't "fixing" bethesda games by modding them. You are just working as an idea guy for them for free, and contributing to their success.

They are, they don't think about the fact that 200 years have passed, they just think "oh it's a post apocalyptic game that means there should be radiation everywhere and no farms and stuff".

Which you do, in a way, by agreeing to the terms of the mod tools.

Sure it's easy to alter until they release an update and every single mod breaks.

I'd sooner believe the retard that sages at the beginning of every thread or that "=UNDELNRTALE GTET OFF MY BOARBARD" guy has a thread notification script than I would as vague and broadly-encompassing as "shills".

They're the same though. 53bff8

Pistons were stolen from a beta 1.6.6 mod and Notch never gave the author a spot in the game's credits.

Todd Howard is the new Gaben of mustardrace and redditors. it be near impossible to make people turn away from him

Which is why they need to stop fucking around with that abortion and let the community take over. Every time they implement something, the mods did it better beforehand.

Lets just put him in the oven then. Together with six million redditors.

No

Community instead needs to abandon bethesda, and stop feeding it.

Not even surprised. It is even a good thing, if at least they gave credit to the authors or paid them. What >>10054637 said

Most companies have a lot of such bullshit to not get sued by idiots wanting to get some money but to actually to actually abuse it, it is new low.

Good luck for mod authors in proving the EULA is unlawful.
It would be possible but not by 5 guys who got their work stolen.

It most likely is like any other of this bullshit. Last time someone read the Valves we got refunds on Steam.

Notch left a long time ago, faggot.
Most of the shit stuff """he""" did was by his cuck friend, jeb.

I was talking about Minecraft, not Bethesda games, but them abandoning sounds like a good idea to me.

Last I checked that project was dead. Did I miss something?

I'm surprised Microsoft hasn't tried doing this with all software that runs on Windows.

Also,
Stallman.bmp

It's hard to accept but really it's what this world had come too. most normalfags outthere now praise todd Howard all the time for some reason and worship him unironically.

You're right, I don't know why I ever gave them the benefit of the doubt

Is it really so fucking hard to think about simple shit like how long it's been and/or how adaptable the human race is?

Little bitch isn't manly enough, Weak genes are not a thing you have when you want to be a Todd Howard in the future.

I don't give a shit, not true mustards.

these people think technology is magic and that once we lose electricity, humanity will eternally revert to the stone age forever or some shit.

normalfags are mustards.

I'm mustard.

I think maybe it's these people don't pay enough attention and think it's been more like 20, Fallout 3/4 certainly play like it's been around 20.

Ok Todd, I surrender before your roguish charms, just please don't punish us with a (215).

I'm Spartacus

no you aren't

Then you are normalfag

It's not hard if you think about it but you have to have the will to think about it in the first place. These people do not think about the setting of anything they play or watch past the surface elements. They see "post apocalyptic game", they expect it to be like an apocalypse just happened and if that isn't the case it feels weird to them. Weird in a way that would make a non retard think "hmm, I wonder how they have power running in this giant city?" which would lead them to connect the dots of why everyone is fighting over hoover dam to realize that the wasteland is powered by it. But the retards don't, they just see that it's a setting that requires a small amount of thought past the surface elements for it to make sense and they dismiss it of being bad for not being what they expected it to be.

These retards don't want to explore, they don't want to make interesting decisions in gameplay, and they don't want their skill to be challenged. They just want to see "awesome stuff" happen when they press a button and see wacky characters in wacky situations. They want games to be more like movies with voice acting, scripted animations, and better gwafix because movies are what they are accustomed to and they're the only thing they know how to appreciate (to some degree). They want media that shoves everything in their face because if it doesn't shove it in their face, they'll miss out on something and it will be confusing to them.

This is the casual, the kind of person that goes to every Marvel movie, the kind of person who thinks that The Last of Us is the epitome of video games.

I'm the Mustard.

you know what, Ill make a post about this on /r/fallout, just to see how it goes

I'm the Mustard.

Pretty sure he's being ironic

So it's pretty much just the "Don't make me think, I just want to be entertained" thought process…
Do you think things will ever get good and make people think again?

Why do Fallout 4's textures look so awful?

Hahahaha, you so silly user.

At the very least Im gonna get some good material for cringe threads, unless the post is immidiatelly downvoted without a single reply

It worked last time

holy shit

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Too bad the modder didn't copyright his creation, now it's fair game for Bethesda. I mean, really, you get mods for free, you outright pirate other games, what kind of moral precedent has been set that what Bethesda is doing is objectively wrong? Explain that.

what the shit.

Shut up nerd

as someone who's played the shitshow called Fo4 that is obviously someone playing on the lowest settings

I was going to post that angry Todd Howard picture in this thread and facetiously claim that "it's my game and you're all just lucky I let you mod it at all", but this picture and associated response has made me actually angry. What the fuck.

But that's the scary part right there, the incorrect implication that you've made the truth is that there is no "again" because the ignorant masses have never thought in the first place. It's easy to think that all the shitty parts about society are exclusive to the current times, but the harsh reality is that we live and always have lived in a world full of retards. You don't remember the equivalent to current year schlock in previous years because it is forgotten. The only people that like it are the ones who will quickly forget about it and move on to the next popular thing. Old movies seem better because the good ones are remembered by the actual movie buffs, old music seems better because the best songs are the only ones that get replayed. There will always be people in this world that think that the best way to experience most forms of entertainment is to "just turn your brain off and have fun!".

But the part that redeems all of this is that since the most popular movies and games are just as shitty as the ones that came before them, it also means that there are niche modern movies and games that are just as good as the old ones. The classics from our time that will be remembered after decades will be stuff like Bayonetta, Dark Souls 1, Mount and Blade, and Dwarf Fortress. It might not sound like a lot, but I think someone might say the same thing in most years of video game history (except 1998-2004 there were an unusual amount of good games made then)

Maybe the retarded modders will pay more attention to the license agreement next time.

nah certain genres of music and film were produced in far more quantity than the quantity we get trash now

And anyway when people say movies from the 80s were better or Music from the 60s they're talking about originality, writing rather than the amount of good stuff floating out there

Look at that mongrel. This is the result of normalfag Todd fans.

You see that mod over there? We can steal it.

You are very much correct. The past has had its share of terrible games, movies and music but now that the internet exits, the shit spreads around like aids in the media and we are getting the terrible, awful shit shoved in our faces now.

The terrible shit is just a lot more prominent this time around cause retards have access to social media and even our sekrit chan clubs

I'm scared that the normalfags and casuals will one day shit up fullchan the way they did cuckchan

Last stable release was in May, the repo on GitHub gets new commits every few days, and people are still releasing new mods on the forums.

What the hell are you smoking, bud?

Didnt that mod you fags love, called New Vegas, steal a bunch of mods too?

PERFECTION
E
R
F
E
C
T
I
O
N

Exodus from cuckchan 2.0 to 16chan when?

out of the frying pan into the fire

There's a series of banned words that you can't say, and if you try to say them in a post the site merely returns the a "type 0 error" and doesn't tell you what the "offending word" is, only that there must be a problem with the site, try again later. So you post something else, and it goes through perfectly fine, then you try your previous text and it still returns the same error.

Thank god we have lords and masters who will make sure that we can't say the 7 dirty words, like compromised and account.

New Vegas is beatiful and comfy with semi-good story, obsidian really can make wonders even with the shittes engine known to man.

The game is really ugly. I was about to post some screenshots of the place on maximum settings. To show how little those matter. But, the game kept crashing every time I left the elevator.
It started crashing and running like shit after I finished the Mechanist quest.

It was all thanks mostly to Chris Avellone's writing, Obsidian is just painfully overrated, NV technically speaking was a freaking mess, it was in the writing that it was any better than FO3, that and the faction system.

It seriously looks as if they wanted something more colorful but got tired halfway through and just let everything look like it was made out of different shades of PLASTIC.

torrented, played for like, 5 hours. Took up too much hard disk space to warrant keeping.

WAKE ME UP
Also kudos to him for the Heroes 3 portrait.

FO3's greatest sin IMO was ruining the perspective that FO1 and 2 established, and NV did justice (despite Bethesda's attempts to sabotage Obsidian as much as possible in the dev cycle). As dead as most of the world was, humanity still rebuilt and did their best wherever it flourished. The colour palette wasn't fucking brown green (especially this in FO3) and grey everywhere, though for obvious reasons, this is what most of the wasteland was. Not everything was ruins, people mustered and made great things happen (NCR and Vault City by 2, for examples), but there was also enough that was derelict and destroyed for you to understand what was simply reused or built upon/over.

Gee whizz I wonder how gaming media will react to this.

the same way it reacts to every mod debacle
by making relatively disinteresting yet probably informative articles and videos on it to try and scrape in a couple more clicks.

It's not plagiarism when the rich do it.

So naive having faith in humanity. You'll lose it soon enough.

Yup.

yeah
its pretty evident Bethesda Know that the PC community hates them, hence why they're trying to push shit for consoles like mods and skyrim special edition.
because consolefags don't read, they just buy shit up like good little fangoys.

I really don't want to defend Bethesda here, but i highly doubt Bethesda is efficient enough to make the Cells, assets, scripts and record all the voicelines in a matter of weeks after supposedly someone at bethesda played the mod.

The timeframe is really quite short especially considering the amont of Lines that had to be recorded.

Far Harbor was released in May this year, user.

I feel like this is something Todd or a fanfuck would play

but this can't be real………. right?

make a pastebin with those words and post it here then, until you do that it's bullshit

Who's fucking surprised a developer that uses its fans to do both bugtesting and bugfixing steals mod ideas from them as well? I wouldn't be surprised if they took graphic overhaul mods off the nexus, slapped them on steam as dlc for $4.99, and called it a day. Or reintroduce their paid mods bullshit with a more refined version, because we all know that shit's going to come back eventually.

So, what mod did they stole? also, literally stealing it and copipasting it on a DLC? or just taking the features and do something that looks the same?

Theres an OP with three links on it. educate

Not giving views to news pages.

They're not even news sites you obvious normalfag

Todd Howard raped me.

No, fuck you.

This isn't anything new, they've been doing this for years. Remember, Bethesda isn't a good company with fresh ideas, hence the streamling and casualization.

Publisher/developers going full neng these days.

fuck, you deserve a virus for being that incompetent. Normalfaggot.

That kid's face is seriously weird

Is this supposed to be surprising in anyway?

You know, you don't necessarily need to click a link to see what is in it, you can read the link itself.

Directly from the third link.

Unless you copyright what you make its not against the law to take said idea. Sorry just a fact of the matter of what happens when you share ideas for free over the internet.

That's what happens when you racemix.

I Was asking what was that autumn leaves about, and how much they stole from it.

Autumn leaves is about a library being defended by robots with wacky so personalities and the creators murder and how the library should used for the future.

Fucking auto correct

copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html#mywork

wsnt there a thing made a while back by that one butthurt mod author who had his shitty le random things xd mod stolen by consolebabies so he went on an eight video rant about it shitting himself nonstop for hours.
i remember at one point he mentioned that Bethesda tried to wiggle in a clause where it said they basically claim ownership of any mod uploaded to their website

it's an ugly game because it's made by ugly people.

smh so deep fam

Its kind of inevitable if you think about it.

I would say I wish mod makers could copy right their mods, just to stick it to companies that do this sort of thing.

But on the flip side, then game companies would probably just claim some DMCA/TPP nonsense and just shut down modding sites, and file lawsuits against mod makers.

I mean they already create most of their content for consoles, why not just fuck PC players even harder.

Mod creators have been in that pit before, and Intellectual property laws come out victorious.
bethesda are on wobbly knees because of it, hence why theyre just trying to ignore the existence of PC.

Did all of you guys forget the part where they already did this years ago?

I would actually like a future where mod copyright was enforced because it could lead to tactical modding espionage where companies make mods for other games and lock out the competition from adding anything to the new release.

I don't understand. All people expected from this company was the capacity for the abused fanbase to fix their errors and they did not even get that. How does a company fuck up this hard?

Remember to buy the DLC.

its the same for us paycucks friend

Odd, I just got everything working through legit mod manager in my nowhere near being legitimately acquired game.

Not that there are any mods worth giving two shits about. I still can't understand how they could have left settlements so incredibly shallow. And let's be honest there is nothing else to do in FO4.

That has been the case since Skyrim. Even mods without scripts, global variables, or persistent references can leave shit behind forever ,thanks to some black magic in the plug-in file format.

Beth pretty much broke using mods for a short time, with the first 1.5 patch. It required a big song and dance routine to get things working during that time.

A bit unrelated but considering how Zenimax owns ID, do you think they'll do a Randy Pitchford and shut down ways to get the free DOOM source ports and wads to get people to buy the older games on Steam while ripping off wads and seeling them as "extra" episodes?

What else is new?

The Bethsda Defense Force will see that it ain't so and spin it around as much as needed until Beth is in the right again.
Expect shit like

And so on…

There are people who legitimately think Fallout 3 is the best RPG of all time. They even see some of its objective flaws as good things. Some of these people are now adults.

its not below bethesda, but i doubt they even have control over it to do so
it'd be like the creator of a certain gamemode in arma trying to copyright it and shut it down
only to have it renamed and literally copied over sas invade and annex

I also noticed how DOOM fans tend to be protective to the series as if they cared more about it than the developers themselves since they're what keeps the community alive.

I don't give a shit about beth or their shitty games but how is this even a problem, it'll look great on his portfolio if he spins it properly

Or he could whine like a little bitch showing he would be a pain in the ass to work with and accomplish nothing. This is the nature of the business. You do what you gotta do to stay ahead.

It's the most blatant it's ever been. Literally frame to frame.

Of course they do. Judging by the gamedesign of DOOMed I'd say that even people who only casually played Doom in the 90's, and have the occasional fond memory of it, care more about it than anybody left ad idthesda.

Too bad Duke Nukem fans aren't able to stop Gearbox.

Lets see what reddit thinks about this

Christ

Mods should be free, and anything you use for a mod should also be able to be used by anybody else for their mods or shit too. The entire point is it's collaborative

It'z the pinnacle of entitlement when mod authors, people who rip anime/scan manga, and so on get pissy when people uuse their shit/don't credit them when they are just doing the same shit to the original authors to begin with

i have never seen a shill so fucking delusional

and they have voting rights

shill for free a.k.a fanboy

Support OpenMW by bug testing.

Magic: the Gathering designers are contractually forbidden from looking at unsolicited card designs so this kind of legal shit never happens.

Daily reminder that the vidya industry is an infant compared to other entertainment mediums.

I just can't

Its all bread and circus user, who they want to win will will.

Obama is either getting a third term due to an "event" or the Queen finally steps to her throne

Bethesda are lazy fucks with not a shred of originality or talent in the whole company. It comes as no surprise to me they steal everything from modders and recycle all their assets from previous games.

Bethesda is the shittiest company in the industry, bar none.

And they're not in gas chambers.

There is no aftermatch of that video? like a twitter meltdown or some shit.

The only aftermath I'd want to see is her chained to the back of the car and them driving down the highway.

Considering how full of these people universities in the US are it's a miracle there are not more people going for the high score. The right wing in the US have the patience of saints.

Wow, she is not too bright.

Obama can't take a third term. It's "unpresidented" and unconstitutional.

How is it possible to be so incompetent?

Which, according to DUDE SEX, means that FEMA would take over in a state of emergency, no?

That won't happen user they have disillusioned half of the democratic voting block by having Bernout back Satan so now half of their voting block is either not voting at all or voting for Trump. If Trump doesn't win there will be armed resistance because almost nobody is voting for Satan.

Are

Old men. Running

the world?

Bethesda always finds a way.

I fucking hope they do this it will make removing the corruption much quicker.

The most surprising thing here is that the "tables" didn't catapult around and kill people

Have we started the fire?

Jesus fucking christ.

pottery

Is she eating a block of cheese?

its freedom

a block of chedder cheese
then shes gonna consume the cheez-its
and then she's gonna go and teach at a elementary school, and tell all the boys to drop 'em
she realizes that the joos (it isn't the jews, can't be racist here :^) ) took away their foreskin, so by her logic, therefore no dick cheese
so she drives in a miniscooter down to mexico
and then promptly dies of sweating.
is that a she?
or a he?

Im gonna go with "she". It looks like she is wearing a huge skirt.

Freedom was a mistake.

Especially when it comes to non-whites.

MOTHERFUCKER
FREEDOM IS FREEDOM YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH FREEDOM THAT PERSON IS JUST ENJOYING THE CANCEROUS KIND OF FREEDOM BUT ITS STILL FREEDOM YOU GET ME YOU NEED FREEDOM WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOUR FREEDOM YOU NEED TO FREE YOUR FREEDOM FROM YOUR MIND AND LET YOURSELF GO FREE
YOU'VE SUFFERED SO MUCH WITHOUT FREEDOM AND NOW ITS TIME TO TASTE MORE FREEDOM MOTHERFUCKER YOU NEED FREEDOM IF YOU THINK IF IT'S A MISTAKE YOU FREEDOM HATE MOTHERFUCKER
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

That planeswalker is too expensive for the effects, and it's 2nd effect is shit.

This doesn't suprise me at all. FO4 already stole the many "grenade hotkey" mods, the entire concept of weapon modifications, the power armor mod, the settlements mod, romance mods for companions…
Pretty much any "improvement" you saw on FO4 was most likely some mod from a previous game.

You terrorist! It's a Freedom Block!

Whatever nigger.

Not under Trump.

no he didnt, it even states in the EULA that he can steal your mod.

Didn't they say they could do this under the ToS?

the concept of balance is entirely lost on planeswalkers, it should be even more OP.

How much more OP can you be when your enemy can't win?

keep in mind that in two turns you could have a 9/9, and then after that a 12/12
in a nutshell you have a
1. Mana gain (at 10 for christs sake. By the way, this can be COLORED mana.)
2. Meatshield (if you're anticipating attack)
3. Charge lead (If you're attacking)
4. Denial of attack
and if you're stupid
5. gr8 b8 m8

Obsidian shill are the most delusional creatures qlive

fucking apes

even their mannerisms are similar to that of a fucking chimp

What has this to do with Obsidian? They're BioWare-tier cucks nowadays.

Funny because it's dead.

If Obsidian does it then the cuckvellones score a point for them

Double think of tumblr/v/ is vomit worthy

Do you have brain problems?

what a bunch of faggots

It's Bethesda fans, it takes a special kind of cuck to keep buying their shit.

Oh, come on. Obviously they're doing this to discourage free mods outside their shit store. people feel like Bethesda will steal their mods, they'll end using their fucking mod store to publish them

I wish I could say this surprised me but the whole settlement building shit was more or less 'borrowed' from mods also. Hell arguably the power armour was heavily based on shit modders had been toying with for years too.

I honestly like the redesign of the power armor in FO4. Too bad Bethesda are such lazy pieces of shit they did nothing about it.

If they had given a shit they could have made a whole Front Mission-lite subsystem focused on costumizing and upgrading your power armor to suit your needs.

The concept is good (if somewhat heavily based on mods). The problem, as with most of FO4, was turning it into a marketing gimmick casuals could grasp easily instead of having it appear naturally during the game with thought out shit like you suggest.

They already did with Real Time Settler

See that mod? You can steal it.

My point is, this shouldn't be "legal shit". Mod authors can only make mods (legally, anyways) via beheesda's goodwill. If bethesda wants to use shit from mods, they should be able to, and so should anybody else.

Same goes with magic card designs or whatever. You make a fake magic card or send them a suggestion, they should have total rights to do what they want with it.

Wasn't there a Dwemer Powerarmor mod for Skyrim, that worked like PA in FO4?

I can't prove it but I have it on good authority that's what the BethNet system for consoles is. Basically Valve shutdown paid workshop mods mostly because of PR and Bethesda is using this to test their mod distribution systen.

Expect them to use consoles to build up their library of "featured" mods on BethNet and try to sell em. The ideas is to try to get console cucks used to it and then maybe get PC players to pay for BethNet exclusive mods but it's mostly targeting consoles for now.

You have 14 mana to cast this; what would you be ramping into?
You can't make him a creature during their turn.
Charge lead (If you're attacking)
At the cost of having to build your loyalty up again.
If someone lets a FOURTEEN MANA WALKER live long enough to ultimate, they deserve to lose on the spot. If anything, you've had 10 mana every turn plus the fourteen you used to cast it; why haven't you won already?

Looks more like a young John Carmack.

I knew that quest reminded me of something, fuck

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING FAGGOT!
He played fallout 4

How about a subscription fee for Bethesda.net? This would allow the to claim not to charge for mods. Just for access to their platform.

icecat and older browsers are fucking up posts now.

Modern Bethesda is totally devoid of creativity. Expect this to be an increasingly common occurrence.

One instance of this bookshelf being used as a table. Likely some designer who just wanted to add some variety instead of using the stock wood tables. It would take a master-tier autist or plebbitor playing with "tcl" for the first time to find that to be a problem.

GO BACK TO FUCKING REDDIT!

No idea about that, sounds plausible.

fuck you todd

Go back to sucking your husband’s cock, Todd.

Pretty scummy shit on Beth's part, but it's not like the mod authors for these games have any rights to their mods anyway, that's part of the agreement.

Should've made an indie game I guess.

What was the picture?

cp

Wanna hear something funny? In Fallout 4 you can find a lad that is creating new types of crops, one of this projects is called N.I.R.N, this implies that The Elder Scrolls games take place thousands of years after the Fallout series

DEEPEST LORE

Great, not they're pandering to those game theory tier faggots that beleive the two series are connected just because this kind of bullshit

"We somehow make it all work, I mean, with all the shit in our games, I seriously am still shocked they even run – I like I don't know how that happens" - Actual Quote by Todd Howard

Source: youtu.be/bvHE2Scq4Ms?t=163

Fresh OC UUUU

I can change the fonts if you guys want, I just made this quick with some built-in GIMP font.

Or Bethesda is lazy and just used a plant model from Skyrim.

Yes he did, it was a big deal because everyone was using the fucking piston mod you goddamned autistic liar.

Sir! You're under arrest!

Bethesda would never steal mods and sell them. Why, Todd Howard, for example, well he's a creative guy.

You're coming with me.

There is nothing wrong from geting inspiration from other works. It's another thing to directly copy scene-by-scene. Also before you say anything else there is the potential issue of copyright infringment. copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html#mywork

Also EULA's are very shaky when it comes to legality. They can not violate actual laws. and laws for various countries vary.

That all depends on if even the slightest consideration is given to crediting the mod author. Which is unlikely as all hell.

Stop right there!

You're impersonating an honorable officer of the Todd! This is a criminal offence punishable by forced Fallout 4 buying and playing!

Credit card and photo ID, please.

What's a neng?

I pirated FO4 and played it till you finish the initial minuteman questline and get the power armor so i don't know much about the game but are you telling me you can't customize your power armor?

Thats just depressing to see. Even Todd confirms they have no fucking clue what theyre doing over there. And one of their leaders of their company antagonizes their customers on twitter. Fucking mind boggling.

>SMASH_THAT_LIKE.jpg

Hypothetically, wouldn't you still need to "buy" their game for the data the engine makes use of just like every other open source remake?

You wouldn't really be winning over them.

I would never be in a relationship with a woman who had one of these three qualities:

Take a photo of her and compare her eyes to the cover of this book. If the resemblance is uncanny: RUN. YOU RUN YOUR ASS OFF.

What if you meet someone from yurop who simply doesn't give a shit about any of it?

Actually, she looks like she's trying to intimidate whoever took that photo

lol

why do people even bother modding Bethesda games.
they only see you as a cheap way of fixing bigs and making some quick bucks

Because beth games are easy to mod and have a big following, meaning the modders can reap lots of attention

Bethesda may as well make a DLC where a man called Bethesda gets cloned so they can go fuck themselves.

They lifted like a whole quest line basically? I thought it was going to be something fairly trivial. Absolutely fucking stunning.

>Holla Forums is still butthurt about that
Christ man how many do you actually think came and stayed? I'm sure some checked out the site and left immediately

I only hope that isn't a block of butter.

Is this satire?

Probably right but there are some tumblr tier faggots around this here establishment.

Beth are lazy as fuck, user. This really shouldn't be surprising at all.

Maximum cuck confirmed.

OpenMW has a something called OpenMW-CS which aims to not only allow more modding of TES3 but make new titles.

It is kinda cool that you cal walk away mid dialog but fuck the rest of that shallow shit

Ever heard of "easter eggs"? Great you found one.